Nitpicking character designs

No design is perfect. The most cynical pessimist can always point out nitpicks or flaws.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This very typical in italy actually, so it should be.

You've never met an Italian before have you?

Mario's is perfect for what he's supposed to be and you're wrong, but I can pinpoint a few things wrong with this particular Link, namely that he isn't naked, crossdressing or wearing a skimpy outfit and, well, I don't like Link's hat.

My stache and beard is of different colour from my head and pubic hair.

I always thought that was just a strange part of his hat or something

Link shouldn’t be blond either, the sprite from the original LoZ as well as the Adventure of Link have more brownish hair.

Link in A Link to the Past isn't a reincarnation of the same Link we all know and recognize. Nintendo made up the excuse by creating the timeline split in the universe and both those Links are in the timeline where Link dies. So Link in both of those games is actually just some guy.

You've ruined me by pointing this out

I don't know what the fuck you think "reincarnation" means but you're wrong.

Toad's hat comes off.

oh fuk

Tons of people have different shades of facial hair and hair on their head. My hair is light brown and my eyebrows and facial hair is almost black.

I dare you to find one flaw with this design.

Not enough belts and zippers.

As much as I love Wario Land, I never liked the decision to make Wario's sleeves short. His design is now inconsistent with the rest of the overall guys (Mario, Luigi, and Walugi) and it really bothers me when they're all together. I think it only looks fine in 2D, but not 3D.

Pretty sure if he tried to get into an intense lightsaber duel, he'd slice his hair off.

Drink bleach

Cool robots shouldn't be girls!

I never thought that was his hair. I always though it was part of the hat.

xDDD IT'S FUNNY CUZ IT'S SO GAY BRO, OMG TRAPS AREN'T GAY!!! HAHAH FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!!
OOPS, IM STRAIGHT AND JERK OFF TO QT3.144444484939202038484 TRAPS, NOW I'M GONNA PLAY A FUNNY FILTHY FRANK VIDEO ABOUT IT.
WOAAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!! WASN'T THAT TOTALLY EPIC, TRAPPY TRAPS FOR THE WIN!!!!!1!1!1!!
DARK LINK, BLACKED PIT FROM KID ICARUS. GANGAM STYLE IS NOW PLAYING. WOooOoOoOOaAaaahHHH!! Da club CAN'T EVEN HANDLE ME RIGHT NOW BROSKI! I'M GONNA LICK SOMEONE'S SHITTER!!
#DankMemerNation
#FollowMeOn4chanGold

"ironic" cancer is still cancer faggot

Perhaps if you acted less triggered people would send you less traps

Why does Asanagi draw such exceedingly juicy whores?

This thread is hopeless

Agreed

The Nazi armband is supposed to only be on the left.

I don't know why I'm disappointed, but I am.

Waluigi should have short sleeves too, if they're going to give Wario short sleeves.

Too bad all of his doujins include shitty tags like old man, ntr, ugly men, etc etc

But that's wrong you retard, my hair is honey colored yet all of my body hair including facial hair is a deep black.
If you weren't a hairless twink you would know it too, because most men have it to some degree.

The dumbest, most absolutely lowest common denominator thing you can do.

That's normal.

How would you show that the hat is sentient?

Weren't the toads all originally suppose to be girls?

Anything wrong with this?

Only thing I can think of is the stupid Pac-Man face shaped eyes. Other than that no, it's pretty much exactly what I think of when I think of 3D Pac-Man.

Perhaps the eyebrows should be more well-defined?

How do you get more defined than solid black line?

Link's pink hair was a decision made so he wouldn't partially blend into the desert and mountain regions (blonde and brown hair, repectively, would). Top-tier art design

I don't recall that ever being a thing. Can you cite source? The mushroom retainers in 1 were never gendered

you're half correct, but on the wrong path
the timeline that has no reincarnation of the hero of time is the adult timeline. The child and failure time still have his spirit floating around.

so that you understand why: after saving Hyrule as an adult, Link went back to his childhood to thwart Ganon's plot before it could gain traction, thus changing the future. The adult era went on without Link present, and because he isn't there, he can't die there. If he can't die there, he can't reincarnate there
The child timeline and failure timeline both include the advent of the hero of time's death, and so his spirit can pass on with the aid of the goddesses

tl;dr
Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks's Link isn't the reincarnation, but the others post-Ocarina are

Have you ever seen real people before, user?

Damn, without beard that dude would look like a chick.

Literally anything other than googly eyes.

do you not know what women look like irl or something?

What is Link doing?

Prostate orgasm probably.

Everything is wrong with this, he has the anime eyes and they randomly stuck an ear and a nose below them and to top it off they made his heart visible too. What a nonsensical design.

Link's pink hair is actually a good choice.
If it was blonde the sprite wouldn't look as clear in game.

Considering how many people think retro games and force 'pixels' into everything, this is golden. Though I don't know whats up with the little rings around where his limbs connect to his body

He tripped. Help him up.

I want his shirt

At a glance I thought he was all bloody and had glass shards sticking out of him.

This is the ideal femake body. You may not like it, but this is what peak character design looks like.

Is Metroid's cannon attached to his arm or is it a part of the suit?

Too much swag

My mustache and hair are different colors. My mustache, hair, and BEARD are different colors. My hair was extremely dark brown; it’s all white now (I basically look twice my age). My mustache is the same color my hair used to be, except it’s tawny around the edges, so it looks quite a bit lighter than my beard, which is dark brown. Are you a woman or soyboy something? How do you not know how facial hair colorizes?

How does he type with boxing gloves on?

If you look closely, you'd see that his mustache is a darker shade of brown.

Link's hair is the result of limitations iirc.

One of them has a defected thumb. It's a feature.

His brow is sticking out of the top of his head and his limbs have weird sockets like he's a toy.

Wario has short sleeves because unlike Mario and the other fags, he's ripped and is more comfortable going on those long voyages and treasure hunts in short sleeves

His face looks really bad in 3D.

Those ARE his hands.

bui please.

I don't know what that faggot did with my all time Pokebro and I don't want to either. Fuck you.

i want one

proper voice acting is unnecessary and annoying in 90% of games

This was my favorite power when I was a kid because I stupidly thought he looked cool this way (It was the 90s afterall.)

I was too dumb to release the kinetic power was the best one.

perfection
prove me wrong

hedgehogs can't use guns

Filtered for being a nigger.

Needs blue arms and green eyes.

Disagree on the Mario thing both for the reasons outlined above and because the hair is a complementary color to the hat.

Notice in this:

Wario is blonder (not yellow) while Luigi and Waluigi's hair colors are complementary to their color schemes while keeping Mustaches the same color in order to be recognizable as facial hair in game.

Wasn't Link's hair just a result of palette limitations?

What age did that happen at? My hair is a dark brown, while my facial hair is every naturally occurring color, including white.

I was actually annoyed for a second before I read the rest of your post. GG.

Mewtwo has this problem too.

Im covered in piss and I can't stop crying Holla Forums help.

He has a wifebeater etched into his body

I think I like the more stout looking Megaman of the past. This looks like battle network fan art.

That description reminds me of some Australian Football player That you Jason?

fuck outta here with that shit

BOTW link is fujo bait shit for the current year
twilight link is objectively sexiest link

Don't forget that he's also wearing his underwear on the outside. How foolish.

All Nintendo needs is for Charles to do his Wah hoo’s and wah ha’s. Then do an It’sa me, Mario. Maybe a “Thank-a you so much for-a playing my game” at the end.

It's designed by the character designer of Battle Network, so you aren't far off.

I hope you don't express these desires around non-autists.

I know that and I didn't mean that in a negative way at all. The battle network artstyle is great. I just think "tall and skinny" is more of an X series look

I had individual white hairs as early as 12, but I went totally white during college as that’s when my life became stress 24/7. The color would come back to it during Christmas and summer break, but now it’s stuck solid white. Seriously, fucking kill me. I’m a worthless piece of shit.

Nah, mate; Yank here.

Huh huh huh, here's the problem: too many toasters!

Am I freak?

GAY

It's just part of being a mutt, user.

That's my favorite trap
I need more than Moto!

Nigga, my hair is plitch black, but there's a few red and blonde hairs here and there. Specially in my beard there's a lot of red hairs scattered around. People can't see it from far away, but it's been noted by every barber I went to.

No. But I might be. The hair on the right side of my chest has always been white, for some reason. I shave everything, but it's still weird as hell. My right nipple isn't as dark as my left one either, and for some reason I have a few white hairs, but only on the left side of my head.

What the fuck is going on? Is it some kind of heterochromia?

My hair was blonde when I was born. Now it's brown. My beard that I don't let grow has always been black because I got it from my father. My hair is more like my mother's. My eyes are brown as well, and they come from her. It was a long time ago and I never paid too much attention to this shit, but he either had blue or green eyes.

you 'murrican?

I just needed that picture for a degeneracy collage.

this is from the very same mango

There's some kind of stuff that happens on some people's skin that makes both the skin and the hairs coming from it to become extremelly pale.
The skin might recover and get a more natural shade later, but the hairs will remain white.
I've a cousin that has a legit "X-men Rogue" white streak of hair because of this.
Would help if some user actually knew the name of this stuff to help ya.

the first tenet of game design is to not be stupid. the second is to not paste googly eyes onto inanimate objects
unfortunately jewtendo doesnt know how to design games

Checkmate bigots!

you tell me

That's chimerism, you probably absorbed your fraternal twin in the womb.

Vitiligo, the name of what I was referring to. It's much more apparent on people with darker skin tones.

Though this may also be the case.
It's just that your snake-tail didn't grow yet.

But what if it's a feminine penis?

Doesn't bother me. It's just really weird, so I have always been a little bit curious. I am weird overall, so I guess it's not exactly a surprise.

Okay, so I was basically eating people before I was born. That's pretty metal. Hope it's that one.

It's practically impossible to be whiter than me unless you're an albino, so that's not the case. And it doesn't look like that either.

The phallus is the quintessential masculine object. It cannot be feminine.

I meant that it's easier to see if your skin is darker, not that it's easier to happen.
Your discoloured nipple might be an indicative of it. You'd have to consult a dermatologist if you want to be sure about what it is.

Makes sense. Nothing to worry about, though. I don't intend to pay a doctor just so that I can know what the hell it is. It looks cuter than the other one, so it doesn't matter.

This is the most realistic pokemon.

My problem with link is that he isn't named Zelda. Legend of Zelda? Bitch hardly does anything, the legend is Link, hero of Hyrule, not Zelda, the kidnapped bitch.

man i've seen quite a few niggers with those patches on their hands. always chalked it up to childhood abuse or shitskin stupidity but i guess its actually a dermatological condition. huh
what causes it fam?

Stop kidding yourself, you filthy ginger.

RNG
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

Feels good to be the true master race, user

lol even niggers' white blood cells want to lynch them

I was born with light blonde hair that turned more light brown as I got older (and stopped going out into the sun ) and my facial hair has a slight red tint to it.

This.
The sheikah spandex suit turned Link into a woman too, with child-bearing hips and all.

Vitiligo confirmed for being created by Satan just for racist lulz.

silly, user, nips dont have blonde natural hair

Not the most powerful Plasma/Spark but the coolest.

I said master RACE, not master rice you goober

eheheehe

muh nigga

I think Yoyo is cooler though

It checks out.

No.