Polygon only
hooktube.com/watch?v=r8WoNTHMoLc&t=1s

Other urls found in this thread:

sarna.net/wiki/Unseen
store.steampowered.com/app/416020/Heavy_Gear_Assault/
twitter.com/HBS_thratchen/status/855151255613620224
archive.is/tEsyf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice to see their physic engine works :^)
Overall though it doesn't seem impressive. Looks like it will be bland and repetitive. The fact that none of the ground units have any impact triggers me.
Also
Fucks sake.

eh, we know exactly what this game will be already, just mechwarrior 4 mercs with prettier graphics, less content overall and notable/popular mechs locked behind a dlc paywall

They will just sell off bits of the game like so
And that's just for starters.

It's because everything moves so sluggishly.

If only. They mentioned the game will feature procedural generation ala MW2: Mercs, but this being PGI they sure as fuck won't include any of the handmade content of MW2 or the ability to continue the game if you fail a mission.

Not only that, but it was literally a retard running around like a headless chicken. The trailer was just truly awful.

I frankly wouldn't have a problem with them reusing the engine to add more campaigns, mechs, weapons et al, so long as the content was of good quality. I could care less about the graphics if the physics, weapon handling and other mechanics worked well, but we know it will be the same kind of shitshow MWO is.

It's raw footage, so they're either incompetent or trying to garner goodwill by showing us gentiles how "honest" they are with the game.

They will milk it for all it's worth.
I'd wager they are incompetent and trying to gather goodwill.

You fags better show up in this week's game night. We're playing Mechwarrior 4.

You better be testing the game to see if it works :^)

I tested your mom last night. She sure worked, alright.

Wow they already managed to take the worst part of MW4. I doubt that this mission was procedurally generated but it might as well could have been with how poorly it's handled.

I hope you recorded it and upload it here as a webm. I am a fan of necrophilia

It was probably a Polygon writer that was in the pilot seat. He was able to shoot while moving, so that puts him above Dean Takahashi.

Join your lover

Why wouldn't it be? The terrain was extremely flat, there was nothing interesting on the map and the compound looked as generic as possible. It basically looked like any randomized map from MW2: Mercs, only with more polygons.

Can't be a Polygon writer, he was actually hitting things that were mobile with a 50% chance of success and using the jetpack. Still, if this is the kind of dumbfuck they have developing the game no wonder they consistently fuck up even the most basic mechanics.

A FAL?

Wll played

JUST HIRE SOMEONE THAT CAN PLAY THE GAMES, FUCK

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

If they actually spent time playing games how would they ever find time to complain about muhsoggyknees?

Here's the lewd version.

Piranha Games representative interview

threadly reminder: PGI killed off every single fan project that sustained Mechwarrior for a decade, out of spite, because their hat simulator wasn't selling well enough.

MW5 looks like dogshit, still the worst handling Mechwarrior title, including MW1. instead of a proper physics based cockpit movement, around since MW2, they did a cheap animation. sound effects are irritating and bad. lifeless world interaction. jump jetting looks like riding an elevator. landing does nothing. shit.

What about Mechwarrio: living legends?
more like pokewarrior: living joke

Looks like shit. Can't stand to watch that trash "play".

Yep it's borewarrior alright.
Shouldn't you fags be happy to get your sleep-inducing walking tank simulator franchise back to life?

Heres your reply

The only good mechwarrior was genesis one, and it still had a whole bunch of walking over empty spaces.

Ok

Please tell me that's not supposed to be a light mech. That thing moves at a brisk walk at best.

And what the fuck was up with its weapons?

It's a Shadow Hawk, box standard configuration. 55 Ton Medium. It goes 86kph which isn't really that slow for that time period but not that fast either. Above average is best to say.
Apparently they aren't going to allow in depth customization of the Mechs which actually I am kind of fine with if they do it in a non retarded way but knowing PGI they will be retarded about it.
Still more triggered that the game is meant to be set during 3015 and there's a Prototype Mech from 3025 in large numbers present.

Fuck PGI.

Mechwarrior 4 Mercs Gamenight Soon Fellow Anons!

MW5 is looking good, but why did they give ==POLYGON== of all places exclusive footage? Hopefully Mechwarrior being revived will bring back mech simulators and space combat games. I really want to see a modern game making use of my flight stick.

You need to go and get your eyesight checked. It looks and plays like dogshit.

Because PGI are a bunch of greedy, incompetent kikes you newfag.

i'm sure you'll be able to pilot a mech in star citizen too

Why the fuck are you so gigantic? That cockpit is made for a human but you're bigger than the windows of the buildings.

Bread is up

It's been a while since I've played the old mechwarrior, so odds are you're right about the gameplay. Looking at the video again, the graphics are definitely behind, I guess I overlooked that since it looks sort of modern.
Lurk 40,000 more years before posting.

The irony is palpable
Not just a newfag, but a shill too

goddammit
Apparently you can only do redtext on the entire line or not at all. I guess that's what I get for not formatting correctly.
Like I said, it's been a while since I've played the older games, so I don't exactly have the best point of comparison right now.Besides, I'm pretty sure shills don't admit they're wrong.

How is MWO? I kinda want to play it. I want to hear that start up computer again.

Looks ok but seems a little more dumbed down with no lock, heat management and nothing posing a credible threat.
All I want is Mech2 updated but apparently that is too complex for kids these days. Ok another mech commanded

It's going to be shit, like all PGI games.

SRMs don't have lock on, SSRMs do.

It's shit.

Yes they do actually, the thing is that in a Salvo only maybe 2-4 of an SRM6 will actually lock a target with the rest going wildly off course.
SRM's not having lockon is just retarded shit from the later Mechwarrior games to balance them out.

Still, regular SRMs not having a lock is nothing compared to what PGI did to Mechwarrior. Like ghost heat. Hope that'll make it into mw5.

Webm related.

explicitly, in ordnance terms, a "missile" has some form of guidance system while a "rocket" is a dumbfire self-propelled projectile

you can't have a "short range missile" that is a dumbfire rocket, that's just retarded, then it's a "short range rocket" and it certainly isn't fired in salvos of just six

frankly while I love mechs and have enjoyed battletech and mechwarrior games the very first time I started messing with battletech back in the late 80s I was dumbstruck by how fucking stupid the weapons are. long range missiles fire in volleys of 20 but short-range only up to 6? why such fixed capacity of we're talking about a whole fucking galaxy of vendors? AC/2s have range out to bumfuck (actually ridiculously short given the scale of things) while AC/20s only have the range of my dick? and what the fuck is with LB-X cannons having IMPROVED range when they were explicitly stated to be cluster munitions?
the entirety of battletech is a black mark on FASA's game design record; mech designs stolen wholesale from other properties, nonsensical setting (you don't "lose" technology, it just doesn't happen once you're past the information age), absurdly stupid weapon balancing, nevermind that the whole concept of giant skyscraper-sized walkers is fairly batshit to begin with

Wrong.

explain.

FASA had a deal to borrow designs from Macross etc

They had a license to use them from Japan but then Harmony Gold bought out the Macross license from Nipland to use in Burgerland. Harmony Gold by the way is why you can't get Macross stuff in NA by the way, they sued the original creators wew
Instead of hammering out a reasonable agreement Harmony Gold went full Yid and tried to sue FASA for every penny they were worth and in the end got nothing.
Anyone says FASA stole the designs is just shitposting, they had a license and paid to use the designs, they never stole them once.

What's wrong with ECM in mwo?

Harmony Gold, please leave.

It made missiles impossible to use. But it's hilarious that MWO fags jumped ship to Star Citizen.

are you guys really this retarded? even if they licensed them they still aren't original designs; I suppose it isn't "stealing" but that's a totally semantic argument. the point is that they didn't come up with the shit not that they didn't pay for them. who gives a shit if they licensed them? jesus christ

But it makes sense in a way, from one p2w to another.
Except one is out and the other is SOON™

Then why are the macross mechs dubbed, "The Unseen?"

Going by your logic people should be outraged about all jrpgs ever because they're just stolen Ultimas and Wizardries.

Are you? The whole point is that despite what retards like you say, they had permission to use said designs. Saying they stole them is the most retarded thing you could ever say.

Because legal fuckery.
sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

show me the part where I said they didn't have permission

show me the part where I said anything about outrage

Checkmate retard.

Show me where atlas touched you.

as I said, semantic argument; they WERE taken from other properties – I'm not going to get into an autismal shit-flinging soiree over specific word choice

heh.
and yeah, not "outraged," but doesn't it feel a little cheap when you see the same old elements in every game? that's why I'm mostly tired of fantasy games because they're overwhelmingly lacking in creativity compared to science fiction properties. don't you get tired of seeing fighter/mage/thief/cleric/bard/monk in every fucking game?
I'm not saying every game has to be completely original and certainly there's value in common elements both in ease of understanding the content and also in terms of charm or nostalgia for people who are subject to that but Battletech to me was the most creatively bankrupt of FASA's properties, that's the point I was driving at. both Shadowrun and Earthdawn are more interesting from a creative standpoint, IMO

anyway on topic for the thread I'm vaguely interested in a new mechwarrior game but personally I'd be a lot more interested in a new mech property or a new heavy gear game with proper customization, sigh

store.steampowered.com/app/416020/Heavy_Gear_Assault/

I own it, it's shit, their kikestarter failed so they went Steam EA with a 1/10-finished game and it's just a pile of garbage

Then don't be a cocksucking faggot and try and stir shit by being retarded and saying that stealing and licensing are the same thing, which is what you did. Simple.

no, I legit didn't know they had licensed them, so that's on me, but my point was never about the legitimacy of their use of someone else's creative efforts, only the matter of whether they did

This is modern video games. MW5 is gonna be shit cuz (((PGI))) and Battletech will be pozzed as fuck.
twitter.com/HBS_thratchen/status/855151255613620224

Pretty sure I can explain that one. The fluff is that SRMs have minimized delivery system and maximized damage potential. Even the missile's casing is explosive because why not. So packing too many in one place is a bad idea for you and any friends in a small radius.

Also SRMs have way lower tonnage/space costs, so you can just pack more on for the same effect

Okay, to be honest you're going to get crucified regardless like any user would when they have clearly not bothered to research the topic they are shitting on. You do know that you are accusing FASA for being creatively bankrupt when a lot of their games when they were in many cases they were the first ones to the punch right? You're just digging an even bigger holes for youself

(((shilling))) MAV again. We mining saws now.

At least something good, out of the current mech shitshow

If the AI weren't retarded that would be suicidal but everyone in the video is retarded, AI and player alike

We got a garage overhaul two months ago and a batch of cockpits and armor last month. It's getting steady updates and he's about to take it full time.

Also, bonus, I got a hold of this video from when he first started working on the game, back in alpha. News had just come out that you could pay five hundred dollars for a gold mech in MWO and he made this in response. People who posted it on the MWO forums got banned.

will buy it, after early access

your argument sort of falls apart when you take a second to realize I knew what I was talking about – the designs were taken from another source, not developed in-house.
as I said, other games from FASA were much more creative and original (even though Shadowrun borrowed heavily from contemporary cyberpunk works, particularly william gibson's, it still introduced a lot of interesting and new ideas to the cyberpunk theme) so it's not like I was saying that FASA is uncreative, I'm just shitting on battletech for being a nonsensical mess of a game lacking in creativity. I don't even hate it, I've played quite a lot of the tactical game, the mechwarrior pen & paper RPG, and also the electronic games, I just think it's not very good (likewise D&D, exact same story)

MAV looks pretty cool, but the company's website is bullshit and it's hard to find basic information about the game on it – does it support co-op or even single-player campaign play? are there at least botmatches? or is it purely competitive multiplayer like so many other games? (Robocraft, Scraps, Crossout, Gear Up, Terratech) I do see a mention about the game having good AI on a reddit post so clearly there's some kind of PvE, but is it fun? I'm really interested in the "actually see your weapons on your mech" building, I have to say

Just go kill yourself.
Let me just take a 100% clone of superman and name him Ultraman and put him in my setting. Praise me for my creativity and effort!

Jesus, are these people even lucid?

AND NO ONE WAS SURPRISED

They probably want to showcase movement and fucking around a bit. I mean if they wanted to play it seriously, it'd just be a mech hiding on a hill taking potshots at any detected hostile.

That's kind of what the Shawk does in that config, to be fair. An AC5, a MDLAS, an SRM2 and an LRM5. Fucking unexciting as hell up close.

God if they're forcing stock there are going to be some mechs that are fucking UNPLAYABLY BAD.

battletech is ruined at this point. the last line dev was this fatass "we have cats instead of kids" nu-male. i moved on to better pastimes ages ago.

probably the MAV dev
keep going anyway, your game is cool

Man this looks so bland. They fight in some city. What's the cities purpose? Why do people live there?
No reason, it's just there because it's pretty to shoot in.

After EA shat themselves so hard that it flowed into everyone elses beds they might pull back from doing this shit.

Shut the fuck up.
>>>/fringe/

it's shit.

the only fun i've managed to have in it is creating obscenely overpowered splatmechs capable of one-shotting enemies with a good alpha strike then watch them get bootyblasted in chat and leave. everything else feels half-baked. the default cockpit voice also sucks turbodick. there are soundpacks but apparently they're bannable. PGI is just plain a terrible company

bullshit, someone repost it, thumbnail looks cool as fuck

nothing wrong with it, try saving

That thing is far less complicated than it seems. Most of it is vacuum formed plastic crap strapped to the sides, masking the fact that its a man on stilts and ~30 hobby stepper motors.

Remember that these are the people who C&D'd a Mechwarrior mod because it was too effective a competitor for their F2P shit. I think these are the types of people who would only ever double down.

PGI are dumb as a sack of bricks and slow to react to anything. I don't know how many years it took them to implement balance fixes for shit that people were complaining about when the game was closed beta, only to make shit worse, or how long it took them to roll out Clan wars (which is half assed at best). I have absolute certainty MW5 will be a DLC shitfest on the level of Train Simulator.

They've already starting shitting the bed and have placed their lootboxes 'under revision' since EA shat the bed for everyone. Users don't even know if they can legally sell the unopened lootboxes they have to each other or not without getting banned. I don't think either of you truly realizes how much and how bad the bed has been fucking eviscerated with shit for everyone by EA.

Plus take into account PGI are going too busy trying to counterjew Harmony Gold alongside Harebrained Schemes since Harmony Gold is going to lose control of everything in less that 10 years or so, and thus is desperate for money, to risk a federal probe/investigation.

I realize everyone is panicking and praying the gubmit gives up on legislating their predatory shit, but I don't think they will stop them from flooding MW5 will DLC. It certainly won't have a multiplayer component because that would directly compete with MWO, though if MWO were to suffer a just death I'm sure PGI would simply release a full price "expansion" and continue Jewing with MW5.

This is the one occassion I'm cheering for HG. Hopefully they fuck both PGI and HBS over and the Battletech IP dies for good.

It's sad but probably for the best.

>MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is completely standalone and won't have any microtransactions, Bullock tells me. Instead, the game will be a "you pay full price, you get the game, you're done" kind of deal. Developed in Unreal 4, MechWarrior 5 is being made by a separate team than the one working on MechWarrior Online at Piranha, which has been publicly available since late 2012. It will be self-published, and there is no plan to utilize a platform like Steam's Early Access to release the game in an unfinished state. "I can't really see anyway that will work for this game," Bullock says.
>archive.is/tEsyf
Who knows. Hope for the best expect the worst. It's not being made by the same fags who made MWO and I think that EA's fuck up is going to force a lot of companies to backdown for a long while on trying to overtly jew the customer.

This is more likely to me. Probably just all their planned DLC separated into bundles or something. Still, I think that's better than having loads of microtransactions and DLCs.

You mean "Hopefully they fuck both PGI and HBS over and Living Legends can just get developed and added on to in peace."

That's funny, given the public announcement they made that they were taking out mech customization because mech customization would "devalue" their planned cash shop for mechs.

Perhaps. It'd be impressive if it started to carry heavy weights.

Here's a better video explaining the mechanics

Heavy weights is in the video, but its a different suit with no stilts, no head and no arms. Its very risky to put weight on a lightly (one man team) designed thing like that exoskeleton, one fall and your legs/arms will be twisted or crushed by that weight. I myself am at a loss of how to design something like this and 99.9% prevent heavy weight from hurting yourself. This is kind of why tractors, tanks, and things are designed the way they are, away from the body. The cockpit is protected, this exoskeleton isn't close to that.

All three parties involved self-destructing and leaving nobody to C&D fan projects would be ideal scenario, but since we live in this time and age I'll settle for MW5 and Battletech burning down.

And availability of said mechs is randomized. They talk some bullshit in the interview about some other factors (date, your location) influencing what mechs you can buy but we all know it's just going to be a shitty RNG slot machine that has you grid and pray you get to buy a mech variant that isn't actually shit.

y'know, Battletech dying would be cathartic. it's like seeing an old childhood friend as a post-stroke retard.

Keep an eye on next months update. Currently there are bots for singleplayer offline and the bots use builds that other people have used, rather than random generation. If you lose against a bot you'll see it more often and the AI will choose that MAV for other people too. With the new garage and part unlock system meaning points to buy your parts straight across from experience gained, you can fight robots with some sense of progress until the next mode is out. As I say every time I shill, there's a demo so go fiddle fuck around with it if you want to see the game running.

With the advent of the new part-buy system for the arcade mode people've started running servers with bots on one team, players on the other. CURRENTLY that's as far as the co-op goes. I fucking love the game, I think it's fun. The gitgud mentality is strong in the community too, people requesting things be made easier usually get shut down.

Fucking niggers.

Knowing the Nips, at least one of those schoolgirls there will be wearing a diaper.

Well they killed the tabletop scene, gave away the license to Microsoft. It dead Jim.

Typical t5 pilot complaints. Except for LRMs, this never changes, only the amount is reduced.

You beat me to it user. You would think that Holla Forums would be the land of git gud but apparently the potato infestation has come here as well>>13918070

So does this mean the Harmony Gold lawsuit is settled?

>>>/reddit/