Fast As Fuck Racing Games

Just got done watching that awesome Redline movie. Now I'm in the mood for some fast as fuck racing games. Plz, no slow shit like that Mario Kart crap. Only the Absolute Fastest racing games you can think of.
Stuff like F-Zero GX or faster.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/aThxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit thread.

Kart Racers don't have to be slow, OP. Even 200cc MK8 is pretty speedy.
I've heard good things about Redout and GRIP, but the latter has been in early access since February 2016.

Rev up PPSSPP and play Wipeout Pulse

Forget superfast, what gives me excellent vehicle shenanigans? Something akin to halo custom gayms or gta

Redout is pretty fucking fast, however the devs are kikes and refuse to let their game go on sale for 50% off or more. You could pirate it but you won't get the online mode that way.

Burnout.

I want to like Redout, but the whole having to lean your whole craft around turns and stuff takes a little getting used to, and even then, I can't tell if I'm doing it right.

The thing about "fast racing" games is that not that "They are fast" but that emphasize the player having to be delicate with their controls. You can have any racing game saying that you're moving at 180+ MPH, but those that really shine focus on the player optimizing the course to maintain that speed or even go higher. And, when you do screw up, it will always happen gloriously (Unless you pull yourself out beautifully).

midair

Redline's final act fucking sucks. The entire movie is made by the opening race and all the hype surronding the actual Redline, then it's just a fucking mess that isn't even a race for half it's duration and is instead bullshit like the bio giant or the dancing tittybots.

Don't forget visual trickery that has long been forgotten by current games.

Criterion you liars.

I could swear the music also gets louder when you're boosting.
I love it when that happens.

I think that effect was in Most Wanted 2012, where each type of boost would distort the music in a unique way.

Also sauce.

archive.is/aThxg

Burnout 3 has top notch sound design.

Ballistics.

Living in California.

Man it's amazing how limp Paradise feels in comparison.
Was there some hickups in Paradise's development?

Yeah, they had some bigger ambitions than EA would allow, like a series of islands, maybe boats, and maybe driving on the moon.

Rollcage. Or GRIP. Both fun.

All of that seems nice but that still doesn't explain why the base game feels half assed.

To be honest, I didn't play the game on release. I got The Ultimate Edition.

Same here. I'm talking about the actual gameplay, not the additions of cars or whatever. Basically my problems boil down to

I can answer crashing at least. It's much easier in Paradise, just bashing into a car is enough to crash them so they feel less weighty. And yeah, the three boost system doesn't shine too much, since each boost type is basically regulated to a certain type of event. I mainly did stunt events, so boosting was less an instant win button, and more a requirement.

YOU WANT FAST??

I'LL GIVE YOU FAST

I have my own bone to pick with takedown cameras, they don't work with custom soundtracks, so the audio will keep playing normally during them.

It's the fact that the takedowns are pretty to look at the first time, second time and not the third time because the game auto-controls your car to either to a wall with barely any time to react or somehow takedown another car with relative ease.

Never had that problem in Paradise, just Legends. Weird that they'd remove aftertouch takedowns from 3 and the explosive paybacks from Dominator, which at least added a little interactivity. I'm sure they had some work around in place for those when they also h admultiplayer.

you guys know nothing

You type like a nigger. >>>/out/

Budget, my man. Budget and creating outside stakes.

Wipeout is garbage and doesn't feel fast. F-Zero has a much better sense of speed.

All games need snap oversteer.

I know dis nigga missed a bunch of speed drifts.