Why are shaderfags so anal-retentive when it comes to raw pixels...

Why are shaderfags so anal-retentive when it comes to raw pixels? Do they actually think a bit of blur coupled with visual noise makes the image look better?
None of these shaders even come close to looking like a real CRT. Even at 4K.

A bloo bloo bloo it's just so clean and sharp! My bitch eyes can't handle it!

You know you can attach 2 pics to the same post, right? In any case. most faggots who are into shaders usually have the mentally of "enhancing" the game, when they don't really understand about quality of fidelity. The only thing I find acceptable in emulation is probably upscaling and anti-aliasing, and that can't be done with pixel based stuff.

Why do people get so irrationally angry about people using shaders?
You don't like the way they look? Here's a thought: don't use them.

I didn't want to bloat the OP so I decided it'd be best to directly insult shaderfags in a separate post.

You can upscale pixel based stuff. What you're thinking of regarding making 3D look less aliased is increasing the internal resolution. This does benefit some 2D games, with certain emulators allowing for higher resolution rendering of Mode 7 effects.

Meant for

Just how I remember it.

Why are you so anal retentive about people doing what they want to do while playing video games?
Are you that insecure?

Just a little.

He's a notorious shitposter on cuckchan /vg/'s /emugen/. He angrily responds to every post about shaders and will launch into long-winded rants if you actually engage him. Eventually /emugen/ caught on and now his shitposts don't get any (You)s anymore, so I guess he's coming here for a fresh audience.

Someone post the Earthworm Jim comparison picture please.
I didn't save it, so I can't use it to definitively BTFO faggots like OP.

Interesting… OP made this thread shortly after the emulation discord started discussing CRT shaders. I bet he was just itching to run his cunt mouth and try to start some drama, but he knew if he tried his tired bullshit there he'd just get banned.

Genesis games that rely on heavy dithering for transparencies are the one exception. Even then, you don't need to throw that pseudo-CRT bullshit on top of the blur.

Very interesting theories. Glad to know you're on the case, tinfoil hat detectives!

Trust me, he already knows, he's just here for (You)s. Hell, his OP image is one of my old screenshots from my shader tests. I know exactly who he is.

It would appear I have a fan. I'm humbled.

>It was designed to look like this, I know because I owned a shitty CRT!

I see nothing wrong here at all. This is truly how gaming was ment to be.

Just get a real crt and do 240p 120hz. It'll look a lot better than any shaders.

Why do people get so irrationally angry about niggers?

You don't like the way they look? Here's a thought: don't use them.

Official sega filter

it would look better than the gba screen

Well, how do I turn them off? I haven't found the option yet.

That looks exactly like CRT.

Feed chickens poison ivy?

You're insane

prove it

I prefer the sharp image.
I don't care. It looks better.

There wasn't a context of shaderfags on the board to even warrant this thread.

t. gen Z kiddie who's only seen CRTs in super close up photos

It doesn't even look close to that unless you're fellating the fucking glass with your eyeballs.

no, it really doesn't.

I don't know man, filters are great.

tfw VHS looks better than bluray