Shantae Thread

Its that time again.
Which is your favorite Shantae character?
How did you like Pirate Queen's Quest?
Which character are you hyped to play as for the Friends to the End DLC?
Also posting Shantae shaking those hips

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=kDewpJiqwwI
hooktube.com/watch?v=-ZLDhCzIu3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't like that first one's animation. It's got too much of a Live2D/Ren and Stimpy boob physics thing going on.

Delicious brown girls are pretty good, but there's just something about Rottytops that does something to me.

It was pretty lame that ½ genie hero only had one dance move. Where's my fanservice damn it!

Shantae is best Shantae of course

I think there were going to be more.
Gif related

I want to fuck Rotty's tops

Shantae will never shake her hips while on top of you

Stop saying that user it hurts
But don't stop posting

Shantae 1 for Steam when?

Are you baiting?

Also gonna need a source on that gif
Trips demand it

I wish I enjoyed these kinds of games because Shantae games look gorgeous and cute. But platformer action games bore the hell out of me.

heh

She's doing that annoying thing girls in minus8's videos do

>you get the same fucking ending as the main game

The smug
It's out?
Bolo's Harem Adventures mite b gud

Couldn't find the original underbelly smug, so I made my own

That sounds terrible. No shit there wasn't a lot of talk about it. Wasn't she supposed to have her own storyline and shit? So I expect the other characters to be the same. After they dropped the godlike pixel art, I didn't expect a lot. I haven't played the game yet for personal reasons, but jesus, I might as well just replay Pirate's Curse, again.

I hope someday there's a color edit function so I can play as a ginger Shantae

That's the best part

WayForward really needs to improve or change the formula for Shantae. This overly simple 2D Platformer shit is getting old. Shantae 3D platformer when multiplayer Shantae beatemup when Shantae dating sim when

Apparently the friends DLC is gonna be out December 13th, at least for japanese xbones

Really? Because my problem with 1/2 Genie Hero is that they tried to do something different and utterly failing. Pirate's Curse is a fucking masterpiece, and I don't know why they dropped everything about it when they did this one. It's really frustrating. I want more pixel Shantae traveling and exploring. I give you that the combat system can be improved, but seeing shantae fighting with her hair is really erotic.
Could be fun if done like A Hat in Time, but 3D platformers get old quickly.
Now this is something I can get behind like getting behind her

There are plenty of pretty blonde white girls in the games, yet you choose the one that looks like she's inbred through generations of cousin fucking, has a room-temp IQ and smells like a mixture of rancid kebab meat and goat piss.
And this is just another clue that race traitors might literally be mentally damaged.

I'd be into it.

An action adventure would probably be a better fit now that you mention it. Something like a traditional 3D Zelda with dancing, transformations and such.

If it was Zelda-like, then it would be an Action RPG.

Honestly I would play something like banjo kazooie with shantae. Banjo tooie even had transformations so all you would have to do is make them available whenever by dancing.
I want to impregnate shantae and all of her friends too.

REMINDER THAT SHANTAE NEEDS SPANKED!

Why does this sound so familiar to the "inbred ancestors" post I wrote just yesterday in that Holla Forums thread about race and IQ? -_- To have my own words used against my arabian waifu feels so weird.

Some sprite animation artist named "kyrieru" created that Shantae gif you liked. He doesn't have anymore Shantae stuff to check out, but he's made a few other sprite gifs.

don't do that.

shantae herself is literally perfect. and if thats still not good enough she can transform into a variety of monster girls. thats fucking amazing.
think about it, if you and your waifu are going to recreate the universe she already has all this experience as different life forms. what incredible insight she would have to offer.

half-genie hero was such a letdown, honestly I haven't really liked a shantae game since the very first one which I LOVED, the rest of the series has been dumbed-down in comparison to that game and now the most recent game has a pretty mediocre art style…

I'd buy it at full price if it were a remake!

this, basically, except I felt this way after risky's revenge; pirate's curse wasn't bad but it didn't have hardly any of the things gameplay-wise that I liked about the first game, and I feel (as other anons have alluded to) that the core gameplay loop of platforming and hair-whipping is pretty simplistic for a modern game

a-at least there are cute girls…

although what I really want is a touhou game built like a shantae game

Would cuck/v/ even tolerate this shit?

Pirate's Curse is as good if not better. Shame for the transformations, and the game would be a lot better if there was more post-game or alternative/optional content, or more content overall. The first Shantae is only impressive for being such a wonderful game in a limited console, and by no means is mediocre, hell it even has more content than Pirate's Curse, but it could be better. That's what everyone wants.
What the fuck is wrong with you? You really want your favorite game to be mistreated?

Isn't Shantae a turkroach?

if you cum inside of her in harpie form are the babies going to be harpies or half genies?

the singular is 'harpy', user
also, shorts and tanktop shantae has weird proportions but I like her anyway

pirate's curse has a lot of good qualities but it misses the secret-heavy contiguous-world metroidvania exploration from the first game, as well as the dancing as you mentioned. the first shantae game really felt like a proper metroidvania and none of the ones since have been that, it's depressing

I don't really buy into the "remakes are bad" mentality some people have here; I've had great experiences with some game remakes like Tomb Raider Anniversary, the Steam versions of Turok/Turok 2, DMC4SE, Deus Ex: Revision, and lots of others. sure, it's awful when some ass dev takes their beloved classic and censors it or retcons the story or other stupid bullshit but you can't tell me a port of the original shantae with pirate's curse-tier sprite art visuals wouldn't be amazing. WF could even take the opportunity to flesh out the dancing minigame and add content!
I am completely devoid of whatever gene it is that causes nostalgia so I can't really re-play games too much; once I've seen all there is to see it just feels tiresome to me and that's why I'd like a remake so I can enjoy the game again

I disagree with you on that, I found the traversing the overworld in the first game to be a pain in the ass, mostly because the enemies were such damage sponges and the screen was so zoomed in that you could hardly see where you were going. I really loved the dungeons though.
I guess metroidvania could work for Shantae if done on a less limited system, I just don't think it's necessary.

As for your question, a quarter Genie, a quarter Harpy and the other half worthless genes.

I do agree with you on that. Pirate's cure was short on exploration and secrets, and a lack of overworld was off-putting at first, but the game makes for it by absolutely everything else, including the music.
As for Remakes, think about the Ducktales remake, that was done by WayForward too. Not really that bad, but it wasn't that good either, the original is still better, particularly for the art-style. WayForward is leaning towards that style, even though handrawing stuff is really fucking expensive and it's obviously not worth it. If they go and remake it with Pirate's Cure graphics, I'd be happy, but WayForward is way too hit and miss to trust in their competence. It's not like I hate remakes, but consider we are in [CURRENT YEAR] + 2.

Shantae have always been a metroidvania. Risky's revenge tried really hard, but failed, Pirate's curse, despite not having an overworld, felt like OoE by how the map worked. 1/2 genie hero fucked up, though.

you're not wrong; my attachment to the style really just stems from the fact that the first game was that way and so naturally I expected the follow-on games to be similar

honestly I probably won't be buying anymore Shantae games unless they do something pretty drastic with the gameplay
as I said half-genie hero was a letdown, it feels like a cash grab and many parts of it feel thrown-together just to satisfy kickstarter backers particularly with regard to the half-assed risky mode but even in the base game there were many things that seemed random, disconnected, and out of place; "slapdash" is the word I'd use to describe the whole affair and wayforward didn't even do the whole game, they had inti creates helping which leads me to wonder how much of the game was wayforward and how much was inti creates?

i imagine they would transform with her. whether they would default to human or harpy though i dont have a clue.

But that's just a theory…
A LAAAAAAAAME THEORY
==LIKE & SUBSCRIBE=

Fuck I meant:
LIKE & SUBSCRIBE

The babies will be half-harpy, half-half-genie.

But wouldn't user in this scenario be human? So that would make the baby quarter harpy, and genie right?

No, it would be half harpy and quarter genie, unless the user and Shantae go on a quest to collect all the /monster/ Momentos so that their sons will be full human and their daughters will be half harpy half genie.

the problem with 1/2 Genie Hero is that WayForward can't finish a game. The original Shantae on gbc and Pirate's Curse are the only truly finished games. The quality is self evident. Risky Revenge and Half Finished Hero are typical shoddy Way Forward Quality. They are talented and have potential but lack focus. They clearly are ether lazy or bad at missallocating resources and are ether ambitious but fall into development hell or are lackadaisical and don't finish things by deadlines. Ether way its clear they need someone who is good with money at the helm. I speculate half of Haf genies heroes problems are due to working with Mariel Cartwright. Hand Drawn animation takes forever and this probably narrowed the scope of the project significantly. After all time is money.

Risky's Revenge was the way it was because it was supposed to the be first of a series of short, episodic releases. They just gave up on that and made Pirate's Curse out of what were going to be the rest of the episodes.
Do you think Shantae are the only games Wayforward has made?

Ducktales & Double Dragon where commissioned by outside companies. Wayforward does good work when they have oversight and are put under pressure to stick to a deadline. Mighty Switch Force and it's "countless" spinoffs is also another example of a unfinished game with potential. The part you seem to be missing is they are talented but rudderless and do better when under outside management. Left to their own devices they continuously fall short.

Does anyone remember an interview with one of the shantae devs where he said Matt Bozon was "really good at making characters that a 14 year old would find hot?"

Because I swear I heard that during one of the livestreams for this game's kickstarter way back when…

misplaced the question mark.

No, but that doesn't change the fact, specially if you see all the other games they have released, mostly licensed shit. Still, the fact that they thought about episodic games is just terrible on itself, and the fact that they dropped it and made Pirate's Curse only shows their lack of focus.
I love Shantae and I like WayForward for their taste in characters and aesthetic, but they are hit or miss, user.

Not only that, they are 1:2 games with just updates graphics and some added mechanics. Not quite an original game and not with a lot of extras. But well, that's ok, I guess, it's a remaster.

Where was that POV fic where Shantae was getting horny in her princess outfit that some user said he was making?

Only one thing to say about this vile purple haired she-devil.

t.Risky

they really dropped the ball in this game, eh?

This game has no merits whatsoever, it's just one big thot parade. One thot after another. Like all Wayforward games.

Shantae meets /monster/? But that's my fetish

The wait is killing me

Oh no.

Well, she is a rotten gal

whats that

Flash animation

I agree that Wayforward isn't always great, but that doesn't mean most of their games are "unfinished." And DD Neon is almost entirely original, including the main villain. It's hardly comparable to a remaster like Duck Tales. If you're going to criticize Wayforward, criticize them about things that are actually true, instead of claiming they can't finish a game with only a single game as a basis.

The fact that they have 2 unfinished games, their flag ship of all things, remains true, though. I wouldn't say the mighty switch force games are unfinished, but they are really lacking, for example, and so most of their games, like the Thor one. More than anything, they feel mediocre in everything except graphics and some good platforming and 2D.

My gripe with ½ Genie Hero is that it felt so utterly pointless and a waste of time, it was a shitty "reboot"-like addition to the series that even had worse art compared to its predecessor. But what I find even more infuriating is that ½ Genie Hero took a crap on all the previous games.

Every game before this one acknowledged what happened in previous games, shit that happened in Risky's revenge mattered in Pirate's Curse. But everything that happened in Pirate's Curse does not matter in ½ Genie Hero, the "friendship" that came about from the previous game between Risky and Shantae is never mentioned at all, it felt completely disconnected and jarring. Then on top of that, most missions were completely irrelevant to the main story and none of them fucking mattered at all.

So yeah, fuck the artist for downgrading the art, fuck whoever wrote the story for ½ Genie Hero and fuck the developers for shipping what feels like a ½ finished product.

Rotty's racer outfit makes my dick smile.

Licensed titles under outside management is cases I said they shine. The accusation of being unable to finish a game is purely directed at their self published titles. Mighty Switch Series is largely comprised of rushed half baked ideas and two out of the four Shantae games are half-finished. Its as if you didn't even read my post and are having a knee jerk reaction to the first few lines. I like Way-Forward, but they lack direction and discipline left to their own devices.

She's pretty cute in that outfit.
But i would like to see her dressed as a Race Queen

that looks awful.

How so?

How about Space Princess?
Animation is going to have that

de wetback spic clearly don need to splainin du jou punto!

I think you and I just have very different definitions of what it means to be "unfinished". Risky's Revenge is a complete game, it's just short. The MSF titles are full games as well, they're just also short. Sigma Star Saga is finished, it just has problems. Their DSiWare titles are small and simple, but they're still complete games. The only game I'd argue is unfinished is 1/2 Genie Hero, which is because nothing really fits together cohesively. It's just a bunch of different plots strewn together in an attempt to make an entire game.

you know damn well what I initially mean and now you are resorting to pedantry about definitions to try to weasel out admitting I initially had made valid points. Its a bit sad really. Not everything on the internet needs to be an argument.

You seem to think that people on the internet can read your mind. If you aren't saying the games are unfinished, what the fuck are you saying?
Oy vey

user I said exactly what I said and stand by it. Sure someone can try and argue that Half Finished Hero is a complete game but that is intellectually dishonest because its clearly a game lacking in any meaningful content. Same is truth of many of their games. Talented and Ambitious but also inadequate. Also, please stop trying to defend a blatant shill, it makes you look pathetic and incompetent.

No, more like Okami. They should commit fully to the transformation aspect and give them more fleshed out movesets rather than being glorified keycards. Obviously it'd be a stretch to have the system behave like the different styles in DMC and other stylish action games no spider-launcher into monkey-air-chain into elephant-ground-bounce combos for you but there's a lot of potential there. If they kept the scope of the game within rational limits, there's no reason it shouldn't work.

No, you placed it correctly. Quotation marks should always go outside of other punctuation.

I've been waiting for you to explain exactly what you meant by that this entire time. Risky's Revenge is shorter and feels like stuff is missing, but it was designed to be part of a series of shorter, episodic games. It seems as though you're saying WayForward's switch to a more substantial game with Pirate's Curse retroactively makes Risky's Revenge unfinished. It certainly feels incomplete by comparison, but such a comparison is hardly fair.

^on second thought remove one of those also*

that's bullshit and you know it. Plus it still dose not address Half Finished Hero. Its seems like you are just trying to shift the goal post and act incredulous to win an argument. At the end of the day it dose not excuse the mediocrity of the majority of WayForwards self published titles.

I'm having flashbacks.

Do you have some proof of that? I've never heard anything from WayForward to suggest it.
I'm not the same user; I'm a bystander who wants to know what you definition of unfinished is, because it seems we have different definitions.
And I never said that it did.

Do you have vision problems? In user clearly states he agrees with you that Half-Genie Hero is unfinished and then in you state "someone can try and argue that Half Finished Hero is a complete game but that is intellectually dishonest."

For fuck's sake, he agreed with you.

Goth Shantae a best.

Brown goths a best

Genies and shit date back to pre-Islamic Arabia, user.

Thanks for reminding me!

Told myself this morning I was going to jerk it to her and forgot

I'm honestly impress how hard you missed the point of goth girl appeal.

Hey, that's a perfect Gameboy game cover, boy!
eh, I remember her looking better than that
Hell yeah, this is good looking and cute in the traditional sense of the word

Not at all. What I like about brown goth girls is that THEY are the ones who have missed the point. In their attempt to be edgy they're trying to do something that just doesn't work, and that's cute.

Fug, I should've just gone with the Windows comparison all the way.

Goth girls are kinky af in bed and are usually always wearing thongs.

bump

That's Zone-tan

the sped-up version of this song is surprisingly enjoyable

you did, user

Seriously though, no Shantae 1 on steam prevents me from playing the entire franchise.
I know I can emulate it or buy some copied cartridge, but really I want all my games in one place.
Sega started selling genesis roms on steam with bundled emulator, I'd totally buy shantae rom and the rest of the series.
I aint starting with second game or setting up a fucking emulator for one game.

those older systems are an absolute cinch to emulate. there would be as little set up involved as if you were given a steamulator. you dont have to go hunting down .bins or .doots or download any extra ram or whatever the hell.

It's the fact that you want to be a bottom steam bitch in order to play a game. Nothing is preventing you from playing Shantae other than yourself. I have way too many games subscriptions on steam, but I still play games outside of it.

You're a faggot.

Yes, when they're just computer files. There's nothing special or significant about keeping all your games in steam or gog or whatever, and refusing to play games because you have to open an exe that isn't steam makes you a huge faggot.

YAY-YEAH GOTH GIRLS I LIKE GOTH GIRLS YAY-YEAH I WOULD PUT MY PENIS IN A GOTH GIRL IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN *cropped Zone footage*

Is that Zone? Other than being white he looks pretty much how I expected (thought he'd be a gook)

Nope, it's this guy.
hooktube.com/watch?v=kDewpJiqwwI

Are those the crystal gem?

No it's a bunch of ugly people at a con.

if reading comprehension were dicks youd be the straightest man alive but its not so youre a big fat stinky gay

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Yes it is, stupid nigger. You're the reason why Steam is fucking shit. Learn how to google search at the very fucking least instead of relying in one of the most cancerous platforms ever conceived.

I know you are not the same user, but you are still acting incredulous to win an argument. Please go fuck yourself you dumb faggot.

I'm just going to post this
It's the mexican in the middle
hooktube.com/watch?v=-ZLDhCzIu3c

I wonder what harlot would turn him down.

So it isn't preventing you. You're just a whiner.

only if you are gay

I'm not triggered by steam like some gogfags here, but jesus christ, dude.

( ° ʖ °) all ( ° ʖ °) hail ( ° ʖ °) glorious ( ° ʖ °) minus8 ( ° ʖ °)

Do you have any other deep insights?

What would you do with your own Shantae?

First take off the diaper because diapers are not arousing in the slightest.

I paid $160 for a Shantae GBC catridge way back in 2010. I haven't regretted it one little bit.

Yeah, at first passing glance you thing diapers might be worth some fetish, but as you look back at it, you immediately realize you don't want a diaper, what you want is a girl with a slightly bigger ass, and a T-back.

I thought those were swimming shorts.

I'm sorry, are we talking about girls or a fucking steak? We're on Holla Forums after all, it's kind of hard to tell.

T-back thongs: I want a peek at her tight, bleached anus but I also want to say that there's something subtle about the view.(There's nothing subtle about it)

play video games and get to know her better