Dong expansion thread

We all know classics, but what are some recent games where your lifebar gets visibly longer when your max HP increases?
I personally didn't like how in Atomato when your HP doubles your lifebar only becomes ~50% or so longer.

Zelda is a stupid system. Your life works in quarters, and an enemy takes like 5 damage per sword swing or whatever. It doesn't scale up

It's not even visual lifebar, it's just a set of hearts.
I don't like zelda in general and its ui in particular.
I'm also not a huge fan of musous, but they got action game UI just right.

I always liked the whole "multiple lifebar rainbow" thing personally.

You mean on bosses?
I think DFO takes it to the most absurd levels, to the point of showing actual number because lifebar runs out of colors and recycle them.

Some enemies take more than a quarter by attack. It should scale that way, but sadly, usually only bosses do that.

Darksiders is sort of recent, I guess.

I'm a big fan of the first one, and while I picked up the sequel in a humble bundle, I've never played it. The DLC shit really rubbed me the wrong way, and from what I've read about the new drop-based weapon system, that just doesn't seem like it'd fit that format very well.

Wonder why user deleted his post?

I like it when the health bar is all stylistic but it has easy to read numbers attached. It's safe to go with simple to allow the player to actually read it and is not a must to make it as cool as possible.

because it reminds of the time mark brought me a game lmao

he got things mixed up darksiders is just a god of war clone and neither of them are good

It doesn't expand, it's just add an extra bar, like Metroid.

Are you fucking stupid or do you think all 3D action platformers are GoW clones? Specially when GoW itself barely fits that definition? War's movement and controls are nothing like Kratos'.

if you read my post I clearly stated that darkersiders and darkers 2 are god of war clones, no where did I hint that the whole genre is a god of war clone

If you read my post you'd realize I was ridiculing your statement, stupid.

looked to me like you had some kinda aneurysm

That just means you probably have brain damage yourself.

dantes inferno is also a god of war clone tbh

No shit, so is Castlevania LoS, but they are all really fucking different from Darksiders 1 or 2. Darksiders 2 is shit because of how different it was from 1. Darksiders is more like Jak 3 or Ratchet and Clank.

please stop embarrassing your self with that awful tastes

Says a faggot that can't differentiate GoW from fucking Jak 3. Something tells me you have not played Darksiders and are only talking shit.

read my post again, nowhere did I state that god of war is like jak 3. you are jumping logic using your own opinions as facts when actually they're just shit tbh

Right, user, and Darksiders is like GoW and not like Jak 3.

tbh correct tbh tbh

You brought this memeing upon yourselves.

god fucking damned
i see it

If anything, it's a 3d Zelda clone with a tiny bit of Devil May Cry combat mixed in. 1 was a good game on its own, 2 is a tedious piece of shit.

check out this no-fun fossil

casual

what a loser

Yakuza

I love and hate this game with a passion at the same time

What is it called? Looks exactly like the kind of game I'm looking for. It plays more like Castlevania or more like Metroid?

weakling

Early Access Dead Cells.
It's more like Rogue Legacy mixed with SOTN.

shame for the early access but I'm desperate

La-Mulana has this interesting system, where you can get energy pickups to fill an additional bar that refills your health when reaches it's maximum, but upgrading you HP capacity also increases how much you have to fill the extra bar for the health refills.

Lifebars are a good indicator that the game will be shallow. I'm thankful for having such an easily identifiable filter.

The additional bar is EXP bar.

What the fuck are you talking about? This couldn't be further from the truth.

They're action games but that's about as far as the similarities go.

God of war doesn't have:

Fast travel
Overworlds that can be returned to
Mounts
Randomly generated loot including weapons
Levelling
Optional dungeons and bosses
Any non-linearity
Vendors
Skill trees with unlockable abilities

Did you really need to do that?

Don't bother, it has fuck all content.