Machinima Thread

Post classic machinima here.

Other urls found in this thread:

track3.mixtape.moe/lympdt.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice try shill

What's the difference nowadays between machinima and let's play?

How hard they pretend it's not all set-up

Where the fuck is Episode 13?

It's sad that he's even pointed out why HL2 isn't as good as he does Season 2. The pacing looks good on paper, but doesn't flow as smoothly. You tell its a written narrative.

A let's player might voice characters but doesn't constantly play 'in character'. Machinima tends to be more structured, sequenced and joke oriented.

test

Can anything beat these masterpieces?

Fuck man, Arby n' the Chief was the shit. Can't believe I forgot about this.

Man that shit was cash when I was in 9th grade

Everyone get the fuck out of the way, I got this shit.

vinny stopped being shit and is now doing better, even if he is a casual piece of shit who talks about shit he doesn't really know anything about just to give his general consensus opinion out because he needs something to talk about on his stream since his chat is so awful he has to do shit about it regularly

You whiny cunts are the reason we can't get any reasonable discussion going on Holla Forums. You won't say shit about the same old crap getting posted but God forbid someone tries to get a new topic thread going.

Machinima is supposed to be making movies in video game engines. Freeman's Mind is sorta unique in that it skirts the line between a machinima and a Let's Play but using a quasi-latter format to make the former.

Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection used to be the reason Ross was my #1 favorite back in the day. Then he quit making Civil Protection, finished Half-Life 1 in Freeman's Mind and instead started doing those godawful Game Dungeon videos, becoming like every other dime-a-dozen Internet reviewer. Freeman's Mind 2 is the only reason I even visit his channel anymore.

I dunno, Game Dungeon is okay just because its not games I have a lot of exposure to, and he usually is very thorough, going through the entire game from start to finish. A lot of people just give their opinions and show a few brief clips and focus on being funny, while he actually tends to showcase the game.
Freeman's Mind 2… I mean, he's doing the best he can with what he has.

Dead gaming news needs to come back. But the Game Dungeon is a nice way to look at games.

pretty much what said.

Also Ross can't help FM2 being what it is, HL2 is a different game entirely from the original Half-Life.

civil protection was great but I understand his reasoning for not doing that anymore, source is ass to work with and I remember him saying he's going to use unreal for his film he's doing

Here, have a bucket of feels it's 45m I can't webbum that shit.

This, so much this
I swear its nothing but faggots either trying to derail out of maluce or redditors trying to fit in at this point while Mobileshit and actual shilling remains clean of these cunts.
Actually watch them you dumb nigger, they're actually in depth and decently opinionated.
Anyone who loves vidya and doesn't have ADHD likes Game Dungeon.

I actually like Freeman's Mind 2, the quality is great.

My issue is with Game Dungeon. For one, most of the games he covers have already been covered by other people, even the obscure stuff. And secondly, he's just not very good at it. He has a very specific rambling style which doesn't go well with well-thought-out reviews and that's not even getting into moments like when he went on a huge fucking rant about corporations midway through his review of Deus Ex which completely killed the flow of the whole thing.

I don't even necessarily require Civil Protection back, I'd just like more videos of that sort where his humor and storytelling really shines. Ross deserves better than to go down as "just another game review channel who also made that kinda famous series about Gordon Freeman".

track3.mixtape.moe/lympdt.mp4

Btw, in case you weren't around back then, this stuff was inaccessible. Players would often spend a lot of time using dozens of exploits to simply explore the world and learn the secrets of its origins and lore. This is what I'd say was the best WoW Exploration movie ever made.

honestly I agree with you but I wouldn't want him to use sfm which is what he'd likely do

user pls

wait this is 9 years ago

Nigga you have zero taste.

what is that

Part of what makes this board so great

that was a good thread

Got a legitimate chuckle

it was the worst draw thread to date

>>>/reddit/

when isn't the draw threads the worst draw thread to date?

s-shut up

Shit taste
Wasted dubs

wew

>>>/suicide/

When drawfags actually draw

and you are a drawfag, yes?
not one of those "deliver me this shit request for free" niggers, right?

requesting you draw my waifus doing X thing and also being lewd xd

Hey buddy you got the wrong drawthread, cuckchan is 4 blocks down

it's not cute enough do it again!

oh you're the spammer, it makes sense now

Tell me lad, is it the autism?

One of /the/ classics.

I miss non SFM shit, its a dying art

Still one of my favourites.

Another recent classic.

>>>/reddit/

Old machinima you say? I wonder how many here know of this walking corpse and the fucking neck collar deals it did.

Effort, even if it's minimal.

I like Ross' style of reviewing. I do however prefer him do his older, better videos than his current game analysis. Even if it takes a year for a new video.

Is Machinima.com even still around? I haven't heard anything about them for years now.

IIRC they did some sort of partner/affiliate youtoober thing that destroyed them.

the existence of effort, however small it might be

I think this one was the first machinima that I've ever watched.

Yes, just look at this quality content they have for you

Why can't MF just die already?

Oh they're alive, mutated from a company that promotes actual machinimas to let's plays and IGN-tier game reviews. Thanks to their asinine contracts they chased away nearly all the good content creators (including the guy in the OP) and are now left with that guy that makes those CoD animations and… no that's pretty much it.

I wonder how they're surviving as a company. I remember their videos hitting the million view count regularly.

May he rest in peace

Kitty is still the best gmod animator to this day. I've seen people pick up his style of comedy but never master it like he did.

F

Stick a fork up your dickhole.

ARCANITE REAPER
H
O
O
O

jsXanatos is basically Terry A. Davis of machinima now.

also this shit

then why the jewtube link?Just replace it with a webm or hooktube to begin with,same as it was with archive links

Well, you reminded me that these guys who use to managed Pewdiepie and a lot of other good shows who managed to fuck everything up. So went and check their channel, it's pretty much dead and blacked with shit forced memes and jokes.

eat shit for life, it's a million times better than shitty protection and freeman's mind

Don't be afraid to hail Ross for the greatness that is Game Dungeon.

More like the greatest of them. Game Dungeon is exactly what that sort of thing should be.

Buttmad Gay Dungeon fan detected.

Just admit it, Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection are his best stuff. Game reviews are so easy any Internet moron can make a midway entertaining one. Even you could do it.

Ross's "wife" please go

Nah I haven't actually seen Civil Protection yet because it was putting me to sleep. I'm sure it's good. I haven't gotten past episode 2 of Freeman's Mind, I have to be in the mood for it.

Ross is in the top 2 (Examined Life of Gaming is the other) greatest gaman reviewers. If he was the only one doing it you wouldn't be talking shit, blow it out your ass. Don't let the autism of a fanbase (every other reviewer) ruin those who actually excel at it.

You're just mad I got to him before you :)

Speaking of which, shitposter, I think Ross' wife may be genuinely autistic. I looked at her twitter when he brought it up in the monthly chats and I'm worried for the guy.

and this is exactly why e-celebs much like their counterparts in the mainstream never breed anything except cancer and cutting them down at the source is never a bad idea

Nah she's just a typical woman on twitter, for better and worse.

No, you're the problem. It isn't one or two e-celeb-obsessed autists, it's the majority of the board who like Ross because he's actually good at vidya reviews unlike 99% of people who attempt them. You people just can't see past the shit for the genuinely good few out there so I don't know what to tell you.

Got some old shit

Hey, I like me some game dungeon but calling freeman's mind shit is not very reasonable either.

I thought the same thing from the way she posts updates, not surprised honestly

I don't think you understand what cancer is

Yeah I was talking out of my ass there. It seems great, I mentioned in my next post

it's o.k to like something someone is doing ya'know and it's simple to tell if someone is just pandering by merely not being a fucking retard but also thinking that nothing good comes out of pandering is also kinda stupid because lets just say what if with that pandering X it informed more people about gamergate? you'd be an idiot to think that'd be anything but a good thing and furthermore this was what being presentable was for not the media, word of mouth.

anyways it doesn't matter anymore we now have fucking "altright" to be useful idiots now

Take notes newfags: this is how you bait.

All Hail the Ch33f!

It's not even bait, it's some weird delusion. I mean if you dedicate your life to something that failed (GG) for years and years after it failed while browsing the same fucking general that is mostly about benisposting, creating new waifus (why) and discussing traps, on top of archival autism, it's people like user here that you get.

EPIC RANTS| I fucking hate these video titles. Is their CAPSLOCK BROKEN!!!!!!!??? or SOMEthing?

Also not exactly a classic but god damn is it good.

I remember (almost a decade ago) I came across the private password protected server that the gman crew made videos on and I guessed the password correctly. I was on the server for about 10 minutes until they banned me. Was a glorious experience.

too bad that all that Oxhorn guy does now is Fallout lore videos.

You need to leave this website.

Already posted
He didn't lose his mind, he grew one

I know that feeling fellow 8channer™
For long now these anti-youtube shills have been promoting and cultivating their anti-youtube bias neglecting all the positives that this great platform has brought to vigeogaming and gamers all around the world going as far as convincing the Board Owner of this place to put this ridiculous and frankly archaic rule in place that stifles and holds back conversation and preventing this place from being able to reach it's full potential and let the community alongside the board grow exponentially , the fact of the matter is that youtube culture and the youtube content creators have always been a celebrated part of chan culture,that same excellence that one finds on youtube , fermented , distilled and prossesed to give out the best vintage dated Holla Forums™ approved OC®

Well i say no more!! We can now fight back,we owe this to the future generations of anons here on Holla Forums™

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Row-row , fight the power

Yeah, I remember when Machinima actually made machinimas and not low effort clickbait and shill for Microsoft.
btw did they ever make a second season of Morty Kombat?

Those were the times.

Whoops, I didn't realise the channel re-uploaded all their videos in HD.

Gentleman of African descent whom I'm in ownership of.

god good I feel legitimately disgusted with that video, not only does it have half the energy of the old video but they add in a bunch of shit that doesn't fucking fit because it was supposed to be an exaggeration of what happened long ago and isn't some stupid meme shit.

I get your fucking point I really do but there's a a line between something good and something pandering which is very easy to tell

I remember this one. It wasn't particularly good or funny and never got finished. Still kinda interesting in my opinion.

Hello, Jim.

Ross himself stated that he's just going through the motions on producing that shit. If it weren't for his begathon video he wouldn't even be making it. Game Dungeon is superior. He actually talks about shit he has passion for and it's immensely more engaging than Half Life which is a dead cow at this point. Stay wrong.

I like both. What now, faggot?

Jesus Christ, well thanks for confirming that you have utter shit taste so I don't have to take any of your opinions on the matter seriously.

He's said that since the first video he ever made on it. Doesn't change the fact that it's his single best work and what he's best known for. Even without the Beg-a-thon, I suspect he would've come back to it eventually since the vast majority of his fanbase was built on it.

Being passionate about something does not equal being good at it. I am hugely into music, yet despite repeat attempts, I never managed to become a good player/composer - and I DESPERATELY wanted to. Ross' game reviews are similarly his worst output yet - not helped by the fact that his Game Dungeon videos now go well over 30 minutes so he's just repeating himself half the time.

The idea that passion projects lead to better quality is mostly correct, but not an ironclad rule. It's common for a creator's magnum opus to be kinda shit. Conversely, going through the motions can lead to perfectly alright things, or even what's considered a man's best work. There's also the fact an artist tends to be much more critical of his own work.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's fine if you don't like FM2, but pointing out Ross is down on it doesn't constitute a be all, end all argument.

Why the fuck did this appear in my recommended? It's fine compared to the stream of ear rape lul randumb shit out there. It feels rushed, but it's decent.

He posts only on failbook these days. It's just sad now man

He's still making them is whats crazy. A new episode came out just the other day, though I've given up trying to follow it at this point

How do I make a webm that this website won't reject? I don't need to worry about making this embed into one because it's too long anyway (I really only wanted to show the first episode of this season but I might as well throw in the rest).

Red vs. Blue started to decline in quality some time during the fourth season and it steadily becomes an unfunny and melodramatic endurance test that's bogged down by self-indulgent CG-animated fight scenes (that have goddamn musical numbers like this insufferable rap song that I couldn't get past).

Come on nu-Holla Forums you just had to do one simple thing.

Pure Pwnage did some machinima bits here and there before the start of their show

Nothing. Both are fine. Game Dungeon's just better.

kek
No he explicitly said he's doing it because that's what the fans wanted.
No but it sure as hell makes it more genuine and as a result, more entertaining. Rosses enthusiasm goes into making Game Dungeon videos, and it shows.
Not at all. He expresses his interests in the game while keeping it engaging. Freemans Mind hasn't progressed much in comparison and you're never getting nearly as much variety.
He usually never repeats himself on any topic he brings up. Many of his reviews take you through the game as he's playing it. So objectively false there. If he dropped Freemans mind today and focused on nothing but his Dead Game News and game Dungeon with a new corner show maybe, he would be much better off.

With certain people your point has more stick to it. But Ross isn't exactly the funniest guy on the internet. What keeps you invested in his stuff is his personality and the unique points he brings on on subjects. Both of these shine better through a medium where he doesn't have to take on a different persona that's honestly getting worn down.

Man, I remember trying to make my own Arby n' the Chief.
Fun times.

Except he doesn't, his reviews have more facts and trivia about the games he is playing than any "professional" review.

Where did I appeal to a majority? By stating the fact that it's what he's best known for?

Can you read, son?

Genuine what? Making 40+ minute videos where he just points out all the dumb shit a video game does and expects you to laugh at it? If I wanted that, I'd watch Russian Badger. He does the same and he does it in a way funnier manner than Ross.

Engaging, my ass. Game Dungeon demonstrates Ross' weaknesses as a video maker better than anything else he's done.

Yes, you are objectively wrong. Take his Armed & Delirious videos, which are nothing but a combined 80+ minutes of Ross doing a standard walkthrough of the game punctuated by occasionally pointing out how retarded it is. Wow, spectacular stuff there, man. We totally needed two lengthy-ass videos to make that point.

And by much better off, you mean his channel dying quicker than you can say "AVGN", right? I hope to God that Ross never takes your advice and continues focusing on machinima stuff first and foremost. Game reviews only would kill his fanbase.

Actually, he is one of the better comedians out there. It's one of his strengths and sorely underutilized in his GD videos. As for his unique viewpoints, he's just another leftie-leaning normalfag. There's really nothing he can bring to the table there, fortunately that's not why I watch his stuff.

i can't believe kitty0706 is fucking dead

Machinima was always cancer. It only existed to consolidate "gamer culture" and shove it down the throats of the people who create it, all in the name of wealth. Maybe you could argue that some of the content creators that worked for Machinima made some half-decent content, but in that case you're really saying that you like the individuals who are directly responsible for creating the content you enjoy, and not the bloodsucking suits who take all their ad revenue for themselves. The internet would've been better off without Machinima and all the other bullshit it spawned. You could say the same for all the other networks out there, too.

What other conclusion could you come to?
I did. He would not have come back to Freemans mind eventually without the Begathon. Can you?
He points them out in unique ways. Have you not seen his Cult Tycoon video?
The fuck are you talking about? He spends days on specific snipits alone. He also brings out incredibly niche games that you can barely run anymore. What do you want another cancerous channel with text flying all over the screen with cheap memes thrown in?

I get the feeling you have no appreciation for anything other than cheap laughs.*
Welp I'm off to bed.

It's a shame they took themselves too seriously and ruined the series. What's happened to roosterteeth recently? I can't imagine they still have the relvancy they used to have. I feel like experiencing some schadenfreude by seeing how souless the members have become.

RIP Kitty0706

I'm surprised no one posted the classic.

On a similar topic, does anyone like frag movies?

They're probably more relevant as a whole now than they were back in the RvB days, but that's really only because they've swallowed up a lot of other groups and added their audiences. They nabbed Screw Attack a long while back, Funhaus more recently. There's the autistic RWBY fandom (smooth move to continue capitalizing on Monty's work after he died, real smooth), and don't even get me started on the bullshit the Achievement Hunter crew vomits onto the internet on a daily basis.

But they are 100% soulless corporate shills now, and have been for years. If you need proof, listen to one of their earliest podcasts (back when it was called the Drunk Tank before they changed the name to be more corporate-friendly). Nothing but a bunch of drunks telling stories and having fun. Compared to something recent where it's just "THIS EPISODE IS SPONSORED BY LOOTCRATE KNOCKOFF #87" and shilling for whatever vidya their overlords want them to. Someone should post the video of their Fallout 4 shilling while literally wearing the Pip Boy from the collector's edition.

Ross seems to only do it because he wants to and when he feels like it, since his Life is Strange "review" was entirely spur of the moment.

No, it was just plain shit.
>>>/oven/

This autism needs to stop. It's a fucking video. Kill yourself if that somehow breaks your ass. Oy vey, someone might get a VIEW on a video.

Nigger, nothing you do or could do is remotely important nor going to affect anything of note. What, are you going to make an infographic to post on twitter telling people EA sucks or something? Off yourself.

No.

back to your cage hormone golem here's your complimentary (you) for bumping a 3 day old shit thread

You tell him, tripsman.

Are machinimas still a thing?
where can I find some good quality ones?
I would spend hours upon hours of my free time in jr. high and high school watching machinimas.
classic RvB, Pregame Lobby, Mind of Freeman, and there was another one done in Halo 3 about a relocated cop taking down the corrupt department, forget the name; help me remember ithat please, HollywoodHalo. Yeah I really like Halo then, it was still good then.
What has happened to the machinma community? Did LPers kill it?

Pretty sure no. Anyone who would have done such a thing now just does Let's Plays, since it's simply easier to do and will get you more views overall.

No. When YouTube bent over for copyright in the late 2000's a lot of Machinima creators and sprite animators(and webcomic creators, but no one cares about them) gave it up in fear of getting a copyright strike for doing so.
You can see why this was the right choice when the Super Mario Bros Z remake got fucked. Granted the fag making it was funding it through Patreon which Nintendo hates, but he was also using Nintendo's sprites which they hate even more.

I'm not sure why you're implying it's just a matter of nintendo being butthurt where profiteering off another's assets is pretty universally wrong. There's a difference between parody and exploitation.

People still make SFM animations however, that's the only thing that's alive.

ask and ye shall receive, user

It's probably because of the same algorithm shift on YouTube that killed the animators who migrated there from newgrounds. Machinima videos are like the animations in that they take a long time to make and aren't long, but can get a lot of views.

I'm not aware of anyone that does machinimas as their main thing. As far as WoWfags go, Nixxiom is probably the most active. Occasionally people like Moocluck and Crendor will also pop out movies as well.

Nintendo will still take down fanworks of any kind that use their sprites, regardless of for-profit or not. Especially Metroid, they through a tism fit whenever people use GBA era Metroid sprites

Oh, that hits me straight in the nostalgia. I remember my friends and I used to secretly watch RvB in the computer labs at school. Machinima had just become a big thing and they were indisputably the kings of it. I can't even imagine how they were able to turn into the kind of fuck stains they've become.

>>>/reddit/