More lootbox panic, now with a "policy think tank"

"we’re able to help the video game industry fight things such as overtime pay"

archive.is/g97N3
ncgp.ga/

How could they ever fail with such powerhouses on their side? I'm glad these powerful industry insiders took the onerous task of anonymously misinforming millions of people on their shoulders - how would we ever get by without them?

Please take a few minutes to look at the website; it defies parody.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JGFSE
archive.fo/xvifX
gamemanagement.us/
archive.is/QHEgx
archive.is/SMZDT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AWW YEAH, WE GONNA GO FULL CHINA!

those are some dangerous words

Oh boy I sure am glad loot boxes are going to only be allowed in M rated games now. It's only going to result in a massive increase in the cost of games and making it pretty much impossible for indie startups to exist anymore.

It's good to see they proof read their shit.
I can't help but think of influencer as a such a sinister way to view someone's social reach. I hate such a sinister term being thrown around like it's nothing.

Time to plan an assasination of some people I guess.

This is the stupidest post I've seen today

The more realistic scenario would be that you have to plug in your social security number or some shit to let the game know that you are of age to spin the wheel.

Knowing how (((THEY))) are, you Just Know that this will be abused as a trojan horse to help "regulate" the gaming industry and introduce shitty new laws.

I can just smell how authoritarian this is from a mile away.

Is it time to do some background checks on these individuals?
DiGra faggots were still scared of us "harrassers" auditing them, it can't help if we put some pressure on them and let them know about it on places like twitter and whatnot

Wait a minute of this only happens in America and Europe this could be the death of the Western video game industry we all have been dreaming of. There government full of sjws will finally legislate the sjws it off video games.

are you the same guy from the factorio thread that thinks indie games can't exist without early access?

What

That or it could be the idea that finally get the normalfags to adopt a more (((authoritarian))) set of rules. Look at how Korea handles their online vidya and realize how much this mirrors how they began.

Also now might be the time to get some people on the inside of it, crack it from within and leak info and wrongdoings

eg. Faggots

It's Jews user. It's always going to be Jews.

Jesus christ, does anyone have the caps of gookanon explaining the shit like Overwatch cults and shit going on over there?

Obviously; I more meant showing their past actions that they don't want known to them and the world, and their connections with sketchy peopel and whatnot

Oh boy, here we go. That's what I get for thinking something good might come out of all this lootbox bullshit.

Because if anyone knows what gamers want, it's clearly the people who have failed to deliver on anything that we've wanted for the past 15 years.

Was this made by chinks? The site is full of typos and grammar mistakes

Either way it's not going to get any shittier. We've already reached the point where many games are no better than the Marxist trash fed to the masses on the TV so it might as well all go to shit.

I was joking, but you're right, we need to know who we're dealing with, though I already know what the plan here is. $10 they're going to try and push the edutainment bullshit again, making a clear separation between the only two kind of games allowed to exist, (((educational))) games for children and virtual slot machines for the grownup gentile cattle.

How did you get there? I can't find a link to apply anywhere on their site.

Leftists are not known for being smart considering how many times they keep saying grammar rules are a white, patriarchal construct meant to oppress disfranchised minorities.

Didn't this turn out to be fake?

Go to the contact tab at the top, then you can get the contact emails on the right to apply
Or just take the links here
Director: [email protected]
Vice Director: [email protected]
General Inquiries: [email protected]

proof? I will admit the domain name from gabon is sketchy as fuck but the fact that the emails are using .us domains strongly suggests they want to be taken seriously as that basically imitates government domain emails (though technically anyone can use .us domains if they're from the US)

Is it too late for normalfags to fuck off from vidya? Are they too entrenched at this point? Will strong-arm policies and the taint of this gambling scandal be enough to drive people away? 2018 is going to be disastrous, I'm calling it now

Thanks Satan. Working on my cover letter now. Even if it's just a bunch of leftist cucks who really get nothing done, it will be funny to see it fall apart from the inside and I might get something new for the resumé.

archive.is/JGFSE

HOLD ON THE PITCHFORKS EVERYONE, IT ACTUALLY IS FAKE

I'm glad it's a fake and all, but holy shit this guy is a flaming faggot.

At least more journalists fell for it than anons hilariously enough, and we likely would've found that out within the thread anyways after a little digging

THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE, I DIDN'T WANT TO WORK FOR VIDEO GAMES ANYWAY

So, basically, they're just a fucking lobbying group. An "independent" group of industry suits giving money and bullshit to lawmakers, to ensure that policy is made on the "correct" information - which so happens to favor corporate interests.

Just surprised it didn't happen sooner.

At least you were willing to user, your heart was in the right place

This.
Anyone with tech or legal experience, anything related, apply for positions inside.
Then work hard but when a decision comes, sway it, gather info, alter decisions.
Recruit like-minded people.
Infiltrate.

Hold on, they are recruiting?

It was fake, ya ding dongs

Thank fucking Christ

I know that but I didn't have any slowpoke reaction on this hard drive. That was the best I could do.

Shiet nigga, don't forget bout dat math, dat shit raycis too

What did he mean by this?

>archive.fo/xvifX

Are you really that shocked it's a real article?

Poe's law is becoming too strong

I'm sorry, what? Why is overtime pay bad?

No, the more realistic scenario is that publishers will move away from the cash-for-credits and random chance business models as the public opinion gets worse and worse for them. If loot box gambling becomes a AO-rated requirement via legislation, and the public becomes more aware of the problems that this causes in addictive personalities, then it will become a nightmare to implement without pissing off all the paying customers and losing even more stock price and profit.

I'm willing to bet that they'll basically move away from it into a subscription model or an episodic model.

Also, they won't be able to do social security numbers because that would meet with too much pushback from not just the privacy advocates and normalfags, but also from the liberals crying about the illegals who don't have social security numbers. They'd also have to design the system to work internationally, and that would be an immense pain to even pretend to work within the bounds of the law in numerous countries to verify user age.

I know what you mean man, Terraria and Cave Story and La-Mulana and Dwarf Fortress and Spelunky and MINECRAFT would have never made it without all the loot boxes.
THEY'RE TAKIN' OUR GAYMES

I've been rused for the last time

Oh, so it's just some fag trolling a shitty gaming site?
Wew lad, it's always fun to show how bad games journalism is.

nani the fuck

post the deus ex >what is a think thank

In other words (((influencers))) are going to
REGULATE THEMSELVES

That sure going to work.

It's fake.

Yeah. I already figured that.
However if they actually make something it's going to be no better.

It's fake this time. Next time it will be real.

Oh boy thats some guilt tripping.
They are fucking scared. Keep going and see what happens~

Good. The market is over saturated. Only serious developers should try. You can still make shitty meme games for game jams.
Also games like MC and The Witcher were made on a shoestring budget and had no mtx so go and fuck yourself

lololol it's another site embedded in a frame.
gamemanagement.us/
what's the fucking point of that?

I don't know how you got so many (You)s. I doubt there's an user in this thread who can name one indie game with lootboxes.

Parody becomes impossible during the fall of a civilization as what was unthinkable scant months before becomes mainstream thought while social controls like ridicule and ostracization become abandoned in the name of tolerance and equality.

>(((We)))'re going to regulate an autistic medium
ftfy

I thought 2014/2015 would be the peak of [CURRENT YEAR] shenanigans. Now we've got feminist parody sites closing up shop because shit is getting too damn ridiculous.
Feminist Parody Site Closes Up Shop After Liberal Media Begins Defending Sexual Misconduct
archive.is/QHEgx

I fucking knew they were seeding this shit. Communists really are asking to be roped by the neck.

so wait what's all this panic about? aren't they saying that their "committee" isn't even an official thing? won't they just be saying bullshit that everyone can just ignore?

This is a lobbying group user. When was the last time you heard of lawmakers ignoring the lobbyists that bribe them?

did you not play deu sex

I wonder who could be behind this post.

You have the article now.
Read it instead of just the title.
You might not like what it says but it's not the idiocracy meme you're playing out in your head.

MATH IS NOT RACIST FUCK YOU HOLY SHIT GET OUT OF HERE DO YOU REALLY EXPECT TO STILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AFTER UTTERING THIS NONSENSICAL FILTH YES I AM MAD

Because it cuts into my profits and the goys don't deserve more money for working longer.

He has worked as a manager for Company of Heroes: Online, CrimeCraft, and GONG! Online. f2p shit
Jack is a professional community manager for indie games. He has worked as a community manager for Zozbot, Eco, and Nemexia.
Riley is an accounting and tax professional who has worked for several large accounting firms.
Bryan is currently a project manager at ESL, the world's largest esports company.
Michael is the founder of Paralux Interactive. Previously he was a games producer for Pokemon the Trading Card Game. Before that he was a games journalist for e-sports organization Championship Gaming Series.
He has shipped over 1.5m copies of his games so did bad rats with over 65 titles on Steam. He has also amassed over 370k followers on social media. big fucking accomplishment
Jonathan is the vice president of Multiverse Games, Inc. which produces educational mobile games. He is also vice president of Incuvation Games, publisher of Nemexia.
Tion is a games localization expert

It's still pretty retarded though

I did read the article before I posted that. The content of the article isn't as dumb It's about how algorithms can fuck over poor people and make a more unequal society, but of course they try to inject some racial aspect because it's CNN which makes me even angrier at the level of clickbait these faggots have achieved.

praise kek

You're right, I was being a dumbass.

The video game industry has had lobbyists in Washington for years now, and no surprises, are advocating that lootboxes are just good old family fun and not in any way gambling or preying on people's weaknesses.

archive.is/SMZDT

Huh. The article is actually interesting. Shitty CNN writers ruined it with the title though.

This is the worst news I've heard all fucking day
Also:
Do they think we're retarded?

So are video games finally dying or not

I miss good video games

No, enjoy the ride faggot and remember to thank the (((social gamers))) keeping the servers running :^).

The collective ulceration is burning a hole through faggotland. How can you miss good video games when they never ceased to be?

Sadly no.

Are you implying that Funpay Microbuys aren't a good way to spend time with the family? I'm going to sue you for libel goy.

I wanna fuck that…I dunno what it is. Spandex? Leather catsuit?

Whatever it is, I want to fuck it. Because goddamn.

It may be a girl but don't quote me on that.

The part that angers me is that they are laying the blame on all of math when what they are angry at is that the statistics agree with stereotypes (no shit, you must be kidding me) and that a persons past is a good indicator of what kind of person they are now (surprise, surprise).

Why would video games ever die? The quality of the monsters making them and acting are, over a decade deep in power level naturally peeking out more every year. It's quite amazing. Long as you're not wrapped around a particular finger.

I'm just glad to see people read the article and not assume it is an outline for banning math or something ridiculous after just reading the title.

BECAUSE THEY NEED TO

why does deus ex hate rich people?

Everyone hates rich people, myself included. No rich person has any right to feel anything but happiness, and should one dare feel anything else I'll be glad to make them even less happy the spoiled fucks.

Well said.

The existence of video games should cease? All while it is coming around again this year? I'm not sure I understand.

You must destroy in order to create anew.

There is nothing wrong with having capital.

In all of the shouting and deafening autism, Holla Forums is one of the few places on the internet where I've seen people actually admit mistakes and have rational discussions when it's called for. At least, outside of LOL threads and other shitpost havens.

No. You have never been fuck all but an edgehog your entire life. Nobody cares about your opinion because you're a perpetual faggot here and in real life. Either suicide or get to work, you projecting subhuman.

Yeah there isn't a single thing on this planet that is going to make me like rich people. If you have money then keep it to yourself–wait you don't need me to tell you that. You've nothing at all in the world to worry about, especially not what some poor fuck like yours truly might think of you.

I have no problem with rich people unless they used underhanded means to get their wealth. I have nothing but respect for hardworking businessmen that aim for success if they do it legally. With that said, I can't help but laugh when rich people cry about anything.

The rich have no right to cry about anything. It's disgusting.

They're building suicide booths, you know.

Too bad, I have money. I have so much it's tied up in various crypto currencies because I don't like you or or anyone that is not my family. Fuck you for being mad about being without. I learned altruism should only go as far as family, because of cockroaches like you.

So faggots on youtube.

No one wants your charity dipshit. They just want you to fuck off and take all your shitty little relatives that take the poor for everything they're worth with you. You're subhuman trash you fucking Jew.

It is entirely easy to get a free course in any vocation and become well-to-do by being GOOD at your work and not an abject cunt on the job. I have NO pity for your kind that can not reach that simple elementary level. Yet, you are here, crying about video games.

Wait a second, you are just projecting at this point.

Wrong.
Yeah go figure, people talk about X hobby on board for hobby X.

That doesn't follow logically in the slightest, but I suppose lying to the poor is par for the course for you.

Of course you don't. But you love your allowance to be on line to bitch about your charity to be here. Yes, everyone monied is a Jew. Not a colonial fuck off old family that hates nepotism and make their money their own way. You're a cryptokike mess if I have ever seen one. I bet you want free internet. I bet you're living between the boards, while I would like to give some ungrateful cunt like you a proper job.

You're scared of work. Fuck off. Kill yourself and make room for how I use my altruism.

At this point you are arguing against usury. That's fine but you can't see the forest for the trees at this point.

What do you want, faggot? I'm real tired of seeing this shit here on this board. I learned my way not only from family but from the nip that let me grow trees.

Now you're the one who's projecting. I just hate the rich, simple as that.

Where do you think the money comes from?

i'm legitimately scared of work. currently i'm neeting it up but i'm running out of time and i'll have to find work soon. work is the constant in my life that keeps dragging me down into depression. i'm in at least an okay mood when i don't have a job (but still have enough money to sustain myself) but whenever i start working i fall back down every time. i can only work really hard or not at all. waking up and going to work feels like waking up just to go to prison every day. please help.

You spend money to make money. You make money to make things. You make things to live your dream. You live your dream and pass on your skills.

Life isn't very complicated, you upside down commie faggots. If you just want to fight. That's always an option. On the streets. Not here.

You're as much a piece of shit as he is. Kill yourself.

that didn't help

It's the truth. Life is about working hard, and if you're not working hard then you damned well need to start. You contribute absolutely nothing to the world if you're not working. You might as well be dead.

Quit lying through your fucking teeth about getting vocations easily. Nepotism + hard work is stronger than either on its own. I'm not saying you didn't earn your wealth and don't deserve it (if you aren't merely pretending) but you sound more and more like a spoiled kid that had many opportunities the more you type.

Nothing is going to help you, you petulant child. You are the one that came out wrong.

So who gave you your job?

Welp this confirms it. Spoiled bitch boy that never learned any humility.

I get ya. But what do you really contribute to? An easier life for the future generations? Doesn't that mean that eventually, as more and more people contribute no one will have to work or they'll at least only barely have to work? Won't the entire world be filled with useless shits that ought to better off themselves then? Aren't you essentially building a future filled with the people that you despise?

Nigger, I went SO autitistic I worked a forklift in a papermill for years because of Shenmue, the docks, met people who saw my caliber, became a cop for 4 years, and still here, post and prior all of that. What have you been doing?

Alright forget the greater purpose thing. You're too good at coming up with excuses for bullshit like that. Work because you want to be self-sufficient. You have to be, or you're just a burden on everyone else.

I have a huge fuck off collection presently, even with children, I can roll the video game I am working on. Video Games will never die.

Yeah, that's good and true advice. Just need to figure out how not to hate every damn second of it. I'm thinking it's gotta be an outlook thing.

Still looking for that free vocation training that doesnt exist.
Pretty much this. Also supporting your family, if you have one.

Along with my old friend that accidentally had the same run 3,000 miles away. We have our game we have wanted to make for longer than most of you have even had fingers. I am ashamed by you. I have grown into a man on the west. He has grown into a man in the South. Together, over all this time and pain. We are making it now.

Because garbage shouldn't be allowed to exist.

How the fuck are you missing every trade fair, every goddamn summer? It's up there in your face every goddamn year.

It is. Hell you might even just have to brute force it, but humans are extremely adaptable. I mean if other people can do it why can't you? Heaven knows your ancestors did.

Just leave.

Get a new hobby instead of being a low rent strayan.

You are not getting away with this. You LOOK even RIGHT NOW there is temp work. Stop being a fucking burden and start working.

Make me faggot.

Make me.

I certainly will. I bet you didn't have an axis slope pet your head at Pearl Harbor. Nor be the white boy that fixed an old slope's gardening service in fuck off Washington. All while leaving his daughter alone and making a family in a home I was not born in.

I'm quite sure you have no home. So perhaps this is it.

What are you worth? What is your opinion if you have been nothing but a NEET forever and not even touched /agdg/ for instance, nor even lurked. Not even seeking further education. While some of us even have the fallback of white hate work.

What are you even trying to say are you pretending to be retarded? If so you got me baited.

Shoo shoo

Thank lord!

Well, see, I hate throwing this word around but I'm guessing you've never been depressed? Cause basic stuff like getting out of bed, putting on your clothes or even cooking something becomes a massive fucking chore and don't even get me started on work. Brute force works for a while but you also burn out much faster. At least that's how it works for me. I can only keep telling myself to keep going for so long until it just gets too heavy. Don't know, man. I guess I'll keep trying but it just gets harder every time. I burn out and it's like another defeat on my pile of failure with no victory in sight.

There is almost no reason for this lack of drive or direction. You cannot be this worthless and still think you have an opinion. You must be a kike to be this worthless and still think you have a say in anything.

this is the lamest trolling I have ever seen, how is this meant to be funny?

I was so depressed that I was discharged from the military, and the zoloft wasn't helping. If you can't brute force it then ease yourself into it. Be a part timer and slowly work yourself up to more hours.

have you seen the rest of this shitty thread?

This is not a 4AM thread and those people will never get better.

The thing is they have never experienced true depression, the absolute bottom, scraping with your lower teeth just to eat to get to tomorrow. Becoming monied as a family that does it every generation, I hope they die in the dirt at this point.

You come out of the woods or you do not. Or you end up these sort of animals with no nothing. Just abjectly being sedentary. It doesn't only disgust me. It makes me angry at this point. There is no excuse. Even if you live in someone's walls, you can make enough NEETbucks to buy a suit and eventually work up from there. That, could take all of a month. And, how long are you here, doing nothing with yourself?

I don't really visit those threads. Besides, this thread has been off topic for a while now and you've been driving it your own way as well. Whatever you were trying to say there, I'm afraid it went over my head.

Yeah, I guess that's one way to do it.

If you're losing your spirit this much, you should just visit Holla Forums and find a new hobby. That may be breaking rules but during the election magic came together. There really is no way out but through Holla Forums for some. Didn't particularly realize how important Holla Forums was until I realized how deep GG was in in their heads and going to the UN. Start wondering who is behind it. See how deep it goes. You meet a whole new level of depression, or it sets your free. I see how it happens to some anons. It only set me more focused on point why I left cuckchan. Even after being a Holla Forumstard and Holla Forums mainly. Some of you may be set for a Holla Forums tour, although it's a bit put upon presently.

If your intent by suggestion is to remove video games at this point, there is something else working upon you.

Please don't post Alice in a shit thread like this.

Not as if I'm posting lewds.

How else can this thread recover?

Many companies already outsource their art asset creation to third world countries. This will just guarantee it. gg ez all those gamedev wannabe anons.

Who?

If you're still here, I can give you some advice for recovering from a NEET lifestyle. I was one for half a year in university, and now I'm a college graduate (laugh all you want, it almost got me a salaried job with a company car). Some individual tips

More broadly speaking, you need to shock yourself out of your numb lifestyle. I was able to do this by working a shitty temp job for several months and realizing if I didn't fucking do something with my life, I'd be stuck doing that and talking to normalfags one step above vegetables until the end of my days. Some people do it by forcing a lifestyle/dietary change onto themselves and using that momentum.

As long as you accomplish something, even something very small, you didn't waste that day. It isn't easy, especially if the deck was stacked against you (I'm a sperglord, so I know how awful it feels to socialize with paint huffing retards who can't even speak properly). If you ever feel overwhelmed, remind yourself of two things:
1) Fear is the mind-killer. Do not fear.
2) No matter how bad things are, I will still have a bed to sleep in. The sidewalk and the trees will be there tomorrow. The world is not ending.