Snowy vidya locales

What are some games with good, proper snow areas I can really feel like I'm getting lost in the blizzard and needing to wear comfy thick clothing to survive. I don't just mean one zone, I mean large part if not most of the game set in a snow-covered land.

dead space 3

Nioh.

The entirety of I am Setsuna is a snow level but it's shit

The Elder Scrolls® V: Skyrim Special Edition™

de_office and de_survivor in CS 1.6. de_survivor has a really nice ambiance to it, one of the best maps in production quality.

Cataclysm DDA

Dunno if you like strategy games but Endless Legend has very serious seasonal shifts and winter is nasty. There is also Frostpunk but it's not out yet.

Cryo-Stasis: Sleep of Reason takes place in the Artic circle and is based around keeping warm.

In No One Lives Forever 2 (NOLF) there's actually a quite sizeable snowy-level where you even get to ride the snowmobile!

Lost Planet, The Long Dark and coming soon Valkyria Chronicles 4.

SSX (2012)
I also love to snowboard irl too.

I remember that part of the game being so fun. Most tacticool games have at least one or more snow level. I forget which Hidden & Dangerous game it was, but one of them had a top tier mission.

are you niggers ready for Christmas?

in hitman 2, you have the japanese castle in the snow level

I remember it was really hard to do the sneaky way
Don't remember which, but there's also a level in russian city where you use the sewers to bomb a car from underneath

Also I thinks that's blood money, you infiltrate by boat a mansion with a giant party, it's snowing and there's snow everywhere and have to kill a guy in a hot tub or something

That fucking train adventure game where the entire world has been turned to ice and you have slaves and shit? Someone remember what it's called? It's fucking great.

Fucking half of the levels in Silent Assassin are snow levels. At least 8 out of 20, taking a brief look at the mission list. There's also Hokkaido in the new one.

Dungeon Keeper?

I'm retarded never mind.

That sounds familiar but also like a few other things. Know what system it was on?

PC IIRC. Your primary enemy is a company that is basically controlling the entire world.

Fuck, I was hoping you'd say it was not PC. But without asking about when it may've been made I'm thinking Transarctica/Arctic Baron. Some good shit.

Only reason I was hoping you'd not say PC is because there are a lot of similar things in that territory but yeah, pretty sure Transarctica is it. The slave stuff stood out.

FUCKING TRANSARCTICA

You got it man, thanks a ton.

Nice. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the Amiga version is better. I played the DOS version when I was on a kick catching up on stuff I missed but the Amiga versions usually have better sound and usually graphics. I think one of the most stand out examples was when I was trying to find The Lost Patrol and finding out how much better the Amiga version was.

Cryostasis made me feel cold and lonely, really good lighting, frost textures and sound effects. They managed to make finding a heat source feel urgent and relieving, not just like resource management. I really enjoyed my time with it.

Though only a small portion is in true blizzard conditions, snow/ice-covered areas represent significant portions of Mega Man Legends 2. Not-Russia is the game's most important hub area. It has a good amount to explore, and contains two story-important dungeons. You'll spend a good while there even if you aren't the exploring type. Significant plot events also take place at the north pole in a mega-blizzard, but that's a pretty short segment. About half of the time you spend in ice environments is at the very beginning of the game, so you can easily jump in and try it to see if it's to your liking. Don't worry about playing the first one, you don't really need to. Vid related is leaving the hub town to go to the blizzard segment.

Yosyonke is pronounced Yoh-Shonk-Uh, but you never learn that unless you go back to the north pole just to explore it for fun.

This game was a technical mess though, wasn't it? maybe I'm thinking of something else.

no it was, and it wasn't very good. bullets always go to the center of the screen so you can always just aim in the general direction making the shaky ironsights depending on body heat 100% pointless, the enemies have almost no AI, in a technical sense the game literally does not recognize more than 1 CPU core, it is always running physX so if you don't have an Nvidia GPU enjoy your 20 fps on your cpu that is 10 years newer than the game.

The game play isn't really worth it and the atmosphere is…ok. Has a very typical pretentious slav ending too.

your post reminded me of snow barrel blast from Donkey Kong Country which is the only level in a game I've seen properly approach the feeling of being unable to discern shapes in the snow.

Shame. The idea is interesting, but then that's the case for so much vidya.
No surprises there. Speaking of endings like that, have you played wind of time yet?

Not the best of games, but I can't recall any other title that attempted to do what it did. It was pretty fun leading a ragtag team of soldiers and survivors, equip them with weapons, watch them actually be effective and then have one of them turn at the most inopportune of times. The atmosphere, at least in the early levels where you still have to venture outside into the dark blizzard was also pretty great.

It's a damn shame, it was so close to being at least AA like Condemned or something. Pretty sure I got it with a video card.

Is it just me or was the N64 South Park game better than the Playstation version?

Then you realize there is no checks or balances for when someone Things out. SO you just do the test on yourself all the time and just wait for the inevitable.