Touhou/2hu thread

How is your practice coming along? Are there any games you're looking forward to from Comiket?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=J4zw0-ogTlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really need to get around to playing Gensou Shoujo Taisen, that's a series I'd love to see more get made for.

Has anything new come out about the touhou game NISA is handling?

I'm still angry Mima didn't come back in Ten Desires.

Keep your Mari warm this winter, anons!

I heard that part 4 was going to be the last one unfortunately. Know how far the translation is for the series? That's the only reason I've been holding back on playing it.

Wasn't it released already?

Damn.

It's already in Japanese to begin with, so haven't been keeping up with any potential translations into other languages.

Part 1 is fully translated, Part 2 is partially translated (Battle dialogue lines in cutscenes, attack names, spirit tooltips (descriptions are still translated) and Gensokyo Chronicle are untranslated), Part 3 is same as part 2, but with attack names and spirit tooltips.

Speaking of GST, I managed to figure out a route for the first game where it doesn't take you a retarded amount of RNG and/or reloads to win the game. It involves getting all your kills save for five needed on Alice for Tipsy on Marisa and Reimu so that they can get Instinct Dodge - Marisa needs L8 at the end of the game and Reimu gets up to L6. If anyone's interested I can dig up some notes.

Is it already time for another Comiket?

Don't forget to say "rabbit rabbit rabbit" on the first!

Winter Comiket is only a month away; December 29-31.

Go away, murderer.

You are always here, but why do you never post about the video games?

i will sodomize you with a spiked log

T-thanks Tewi.

.>>13881684
Rude.

I'm really bad at shmups and fighters, ironically enough. I still try to practice every so often.

Well that's good, isn't it? Hopefully the scan is accurate and you're in good health.

>still shit the bed at Aunn's fight, almost always go into Stage 4 with less lives than I should
FUCK, IF THIS IS WHAT GITTING GUD AT 2HU ENTAILS THEN I actually really like it, can't put this shit down

Will the Touhou Lossless/Lossy Music Collection ever be updated?

>FUCK, IF THIS IS WHAT GITTING GUD AT 2HU ENTAILS THEN I actually really like it, can't put this shit down
It really does grab you and not let you go. I spent like 2 months just getting through EoSD, and it's not even in my top 5 tewhughs

Anyone up for hostan Soku later?

I can host some soku if you want. When though? In an hour or just a couple minutes?

The less you talk about, the less you play, the less you improve. Please do yourself a favour and play videogames.

Some friend of mine showed me a trailer for a Touhou mod of Super Mario RPG or a game that's pretty much the same in style and presentation. Is it released or is it gonna be released on Comiket?

Hosting soku - 94.188.40.99:10800

didn't play in a while, might have gotten rusty

I can do a quick match

host up

I too have not played recently
That was also the first time I've tried Remilia

i suppose i will let you witness about 30% of my power

GGs, gotta stop early for now.
I'm still sort of novice with Yuyuko, I really need to memorize her moves.
I want to try and master Meiling but I'm afraid of swapping

yuyuko is all about keepaway and seizing opportunities with her gigantic hitboxes and meiling is about getting your opponent to block, then spamming your arsenal of close-range bullets to break it

it's not too late for you to make the switch, but whichever you choose, make sure to stick with one character and do some practice because you need better timing to land moves and chain them together

Tell me how to get good with Suwako.

No idea, never played against that character. Her bullet moves seem to have big hitboxes and she has a lily pad gimmick, but her air melee just seems bad.

Gonna stay here for just a little longer, if any of you wanna play more soku pls reply or something.

new? not the fighter?

I got it from a friend because we both like 2hus (and they dont know the hate for NISA)

its iight. repetitive but fun so far but thats what playing fighters is for me.

It was a joke because its 100% impossible.

then it seems I have fell for the shitpost

awake now, if anybody wants to play soku pls reply or miss your chance

Gotta bunch of people that got animosity towards Okuu mains cause their damage is higher than them. These are guys that are jealous, cause they don't carry, they don't possess, 4A. They don't possess that GOD MOVE that's involved in these Okuu mains out here. Keep getting jealous while your wife asks for LOW DELAY. While your girlfriends ask for LOW DELAY and WISH that they could get COMBOED by these subterranean warriors with these huge 4A that could pipe them down to the point where they could FEEL each and every last spectacle of their beings getting HIT and COMBOED until their TEARS just SPEW out. Keep saying LOW TIER, keep saying MASHER. Come on you HIGH TIERS! You love it! You love this shit! I’ll be that crow. I’ll be that raven. Yup, with a ROD. Enjoy it. Have your woman take this combo. She’s imagining a HUGE 4A COUNTERHIT. Why do you think your bitches get control rods!? You guys don’t possess the 4A gene. That’s why you’re upset. No 4A equals anger. You’re upset, you’re mad at these Utsuho Mains. These 3k combos. That’s why you guys like saying LOW TIER so much. I get it.

ebin

Remember, say Reisen Reisen Reisen.

What in the world is that giant pinecone.

RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT

The quintessential secondary.

The touhou girls are cute but
i don't really like Touhou game. It's hard to see the bullets, they aren't very discernable against the background, at least not in Touhou 16. Should I not have started with the newest iteration?I'm more of a CAVE guy. Crimzon Clover is a lot of fun too.

It's a dragon, you faggot.
Or just reptile youkai.

Almost all touhou games have that problem.
Just use fullscreen and change your monitor brightness settings.
You can start with any game you want.
But majority of people recommend starting with Touhou 6 or Touhou 7.

Good luck dude!

At least be hipster for best Touhou98.

Do this a day earlier for people who aren't in a backwards-ass timezone.

I posted three days back technically. Mark makes it difficult to do much.

I've never had this problem save for th2.

Which game was she from?

It's Cirno you dense newfag.

I only had that problem at Touhou 6 and Touhou 7.
Touhou 6 on Patche stage and Touhou 7 on Youmu stage.

Touhou is much more fun than CAVE games but also more frustrating, despite being in theory easier.

I think I botched it on my end. This time I remembered what I was supposed to do…but I accidentally said REISEN REISEN REISEN instead of RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT, then immediately tried to correct it by saying the latter. How fucked am I?

Maybe Reisen will visit your dreams and suck your dick like someone on /2hu/ claimed.

Not at all. In fact, you've saved yourself from a gruesome fate by saying REISEN, REISEN, REISEN instead. Enjoy the holidays, user!

videogames, a-anyone?

Sure.
I'm still mad. Real, REAL mad. Video unrelated.
hooktube.com/watch?v=J4zw0-ogTlw

i want suika to wear those traditional leopard flintstone oni clothes during lovemaking

Started playing EoSD a week or so ago as my first Touhou game, now semi-consistently getting to Remilia on Normal, playing with Marisia (B). Any tips are welcome, as I'm sure I am doing a lot of things very unoptimized score- and survival wise (haven't watched any guides or anything like that). Stage 5 especially is giving me a lot of trouble.

Also I'd like to get into lore side of things, where should I start with all that? Just browse the wiki or?

the wikis are fun and probably more informative than any other single source

I recorded myself playing stage 5, there might be one or two things you can use from that.That death on misdirection was totally intentional guys, I-I swear

Thanks, that helps quite a bit.

Meant for

What did you use to record this?

Works on lunatic too

Make sure to focus all over Sakuya while her dialog is playing, that'll show her who's boss of this stage

Cracked Fraps and then Webm for retards

is sakuya from the british royal guard?

She's a maid, she just has great manners and a lot of patience

Is it bad if I only play the fangames, and not the schmup ones? I'm just terrible at the schmup genre

No, but you still will be called filthy secondary.
Just try to get one 1cc on normal, after that you can stop.

I remember getting 1cc on normal at MoF. Good times. I was told it was the easiest 2hu and I suck I danmaku, so I started out with that. It's been several years and I'm thinking of picking the games up again. I'm thinking of going for either IN or PCB. What do you guys recommend?

I was playing around with webm for retards and made another webm. Does this one look so bad it's hard to watch or does it pass as 2hu gameplay?

You can, but you'd be missing out. Also people like will call you a bitch and so will I
Bitch

IN is actually considered easier than MoF by a lot of people, so if you're not confident going back to the series it's a good idea to start there.

IN is pretty forgiving

as long as theres bullets

I'm gonna try IN, then. I remember thinking it was way harder, but I think going in with a different mentality will be fun. Thanks anons.

I want to use Marisa's butt like a pillow.

Why are you such a fucking faggot?

Marisa is a girl lmao.

marisa was once voted "most lovable human girl"

Commander Keen is the Undertale of Citizen Kane. Dark Souls.

is this what happens when you draw touhou with your eyes closed?

PCB for music and wanting chen to fuck right off

Is there an official 8/v/ Touhou waifu tier list?

No, but I know that your waifu is shit.

come on user, how would that even work? would it be endorsed by zun? "official". you goofball

What are some good fangames that you anons would recommend? I quite enjoyed the Fantasy Maiden Wars series and playing through Puppet Dance Performance and liking it so far

Have you tried Patchy's Defend the Library? It's a tower defense game with a touhou theme, pretty solid, but you can't pause while playing for some reason.

hwuts a toowho?

I want to get in to the Touhou story, cause apparently there's a lot of it. Where can I get the doujins? Or, rather, what website ships them translated and to America?

play the games retard

Pic related

2 hoots yerhoner.

That was a lot of cancer and normalfaggotry.