RTS Thread -Spellforce Edition

Okay anons, did any of you fags actually try out the demo beta? If so how was it? Failing that what RTS should anons play next? It's suffering I keep just missing COH Mod fags

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/spellforce-3-gog-free-download.html
annexconquer.com/games/
files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4
humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2
gamershell.com/download_11942.shtml
digi.atw.hu/
popre.net/downloads.php?f=13
popre.net/
nhentai.net/g/196793/
users.atw.hu/digi/2.3.php?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Judging by the previous thread either Holla Forums is filled with new generation goyim who dislike free demos or the factions are generic as fuck and the necromancer is really weak.

it looks like fucking dow 2

I retract that, it looks abit more like a slower paced wc3

If only shilling for free could save RTS, I would do it all the time.

If we shill hard enough we might get an RTS worth pirating

i would kill for a fucking homeworld clone

I just don't find clones fun at all. It always feels like I'm just playing a shittier version of an already existing game. Part of me was hoping someone would make something weird, unique and actually somewhat finished Also a good amount of the RTS' aren't even tagged as RTS, just strategy game so Steam can't even be trusted as a fucking browsing service.

Why don't more RTS games use a sidebar like C&C does? It seems like with little effort you could minimize the amount of macro required to build armies by adding a side bar that allows access to production facilities from anywhere on the map, allowing players to better focus on their armies.
It wouldn't even eliminate macros because you still need to move those armies, manage resources, place buildings etc. C&C is the only game I've seen do this and it really eliminates the

How much did they pay you?!
I'm kidding

Why don't more RTS games use a sidebar like C&C does?
I am kind of curious about that actually. Homeworld does it kind of but that is the only example I can think of.

Because they probably want to copy Warcraft or Ages of Empires' interfaces, which are more popular than C&C despite being infinitely worse in terms of user friendliness.

Also some games just don't have the same super simplified economy and production mechanics that C&C does or their engines just don't support something like that type of interface.
You also have to account that some games like Total Annihilation which infact uses a variant/hybrid of the C&C interface or SupCom that have literally a trillion different units due to all tech tiers for Land, Air and Naval factories, which makes it difficult to use an interface like this, even with RA2-styled sub-tabs, it would still be a fuckhuge list of units and structures.
Or how most RTS don't have MCV-like building mechanics, but rather workers who can individually build stuff on their own or in a group and thus need a different interface scheme.

THIS THREAD IS A SUPCOM THREAD NOW, SPECIFICALLY BOTS >>>>>> TANKS

ah sorry I'm new to the series actually so I don't really know tbh

BOATS>>>>>>>>>>GARBAGE>>>>>>>BOTS

COME HERE YOU LITTLE SHITS

No!

Is there a new game RTS made with Vikings? Anchestor something….

COME HERE YOU LITTLE CUNTS

HAHA
Killed your comm while your army was waddling across the map
SUCKERS

Nice mass donations.

Is there any other game besides Earth 2150 and Warzone 2100 which lets you have a customized army or well picking different parts to make a unit? Earth 2160 doesn't count, its shit.

I know that KKnD exists, but something newer would be nice.

There's a shitty game called world war 3 black gold which is more or less the same as Earth 2150 but with america vs iraq or something. I played it a few times but it's kind of forgettable so I don't even remember that.

Does Warzone2100 not count?

Oh, it definitely counts.

*teleports in behind you*
*unloads maser into your SCU*
notaries perkily kidmen
*teleports away*

These look pretty cool. It's a shame you'll zoom out so far that they look like little specs when you're micromanaging everything.

It's not a surprise there since that game uses the Earth 2150 engine.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU, YOU FILTHY GOYIM! TIME TO BE PURGED!

New Orcs trailer for SpellForce 3.
Nobody has explained why this game is bad yet, can someone do us the honour? I put it on my wishlist for now but I want to know what I should expect.

Your base? Tactical shroom bait. Your friend's base? Foken wrecked. Your waifu? That whore's been gaped so wide you can call her Tōsaka Urinium. That FoW? It ain't FoW son, that's fallout from all the high yield shit you've been served. Nothing personal kid

Well, that was embarrassing for him.

I love that video so much tbh

Wew

I'll wait until it's out, just a few more day, and then I'll try it. I played some SF2 expansion a few years ago and had fun, however I also played one a few months ago and thought it was boring as fuck, uninstalled after about two hours.

Because it's confusing and doesn't tell you which building is producing the unit. It hides info.

Like, literally so confusing. Literally.

Which one is "primary"?

The one you double click and the game says primary barracks selected. Duh.

I´m surprised that people are still creating new mods for CoH1

Cause COH1 has better mod support than COH2.

Was cossacks 3 any good?

Thats a given, but I was under the impression that the modding community for CoH1 is pretty much dead or stagnated and Eastern Front, Blitzkrieg and Europe at War being the only mods that are still getting some updates

I would describe it as mediocre
It fixes some of the older issues the games had, but lacks in other aspects (like weak sound effects or general lack of new features)

You find that modding communities are far more active for older games than newer ones, mainly for the fact that older games are much easier to mod and have more dedicated communities.

Has anyone tried out Sudden Strike 4 yet, is it decent or merely mediocre?

What makes the difference is that new 3d models can be created for CoH 1 if you have a plugin for an ancient version of 3DS Max. CoH 2 has no such tool.

Speaking of CoH 1, Blitzkrieg mod released on steam.

or rather that it has better documentation on how to mod

Mediocre
Its arcadey as fuck and I found the Line of Sight system to be fucked, where the AI ALWAYS shoots my units just barely from the edge of the Fog of War where my own units cant see the units that shooting at them

Well if players just downloaded superiour mods, why would they ever buy DLC goyim? :^)

Eh not too excited to be honest. I've found it to be one of the most overrated that yoyo's wildly in balance between patches and with absolutely no thought put into how gameplay functions. But then again any mod with the words "Realism" in it's title can pretty much be automatically discounted as trash

We need a Bully night for RTS games.

Because control groups and hotkeys make it obsolete.

That's MoW though. That's just fine since it's better than CoH anyway.

Whatever happened to their modern day MoW?

Anyone remembers Peaceful Protesters Simulator? It's coming out tomorrow.

Probably just some newer anons shitting on the series and never actually playing it. I don't know about 3 yet, but Spellforce 1 and 2 were actually quite good.

Ancestors Legacy

Been playing Kingdom Rush recently after discovering they put that and Frontiers on steam and GoG. Easy to see how successful it was for Ironclad with the artstyle and gameplay.

Know it's not RTS but WC3 had a whole bonus level with it.

i only played the beta, my impresisons so far

Muh dik

That is one retarded design.

sauce?

It's from Tiberian Sun.

I used to think the same of the Tick tank when I was 10.

the tic tank pulled it's front guns to the back when it dug into the ground, whatever the fuck
is clearly has it's front guns dig into the ground with the main body

Does anyone wanna play AoE 2.

Original or Kangz Edition?

Guess what, its released.
igg-games.com/spellforce-3-gog-free-download.html

Kangz of course.

Rise of Nations will always be my favorite RTS even if the combat isn't the deepest. Maximum Comfy.

This is supposedly concept art for Rise of Nations 2. What could have been ;_;

Well a bunch of slacked jawed bum jockies are hosting an RTS tournament to find out who is Boss of the Gym. Any fags interested?

That hurts

wew

Anyone who doesn't pick Nod is a fag.

Been playing this for a bit. Comes across as a cRPG but does have RTS thrown in, mostly for resource gathering and unit creation to help form an army.

To add to it, you have a limited number of workers that can man buildings like hunting huts or woodsman camps. Setting up a base is actually pretty simple.

After playing Warcraft 1, 2, Dune 2000, StarCraft, Age of Mythology and the others, it's exactly the combat that I can't stand.

Had a two hour game that resulted in some fierce fighting. Going up against a moderate bot with artificial intelligence tech was difficult, especially since there were two and they were allied. Basically had to hold a town and wait for my friends to try and push up. Tied down Green's land forces and resources but their navy kept attacking me. Then one mate deployed a navy and the other infantry and that allowed me to capture the coast. Then just had to roll him up from there. Yellow was no trouble, Teal had their capital on the coast which was no trouble and White moved their capital several times to save their empire. Didn't save them in the end. Came close to Armageddon, with just 1 count left. Good thing everyone else remaining had missile shield.

So an average Holla Forums thread fellow Tox user?

I really like Grand Strategy Games. I wish that Geopolitical Simulator wouldn't force you to play city battles. I don't want to fucking individually control policemen. The brainlet devs probably thought that their brainlet consumers need battles in their game or they wouldn't play it, completly missing the fact that only GS fans in the first place would play their game.

I wish there was an up-to-date crack for it. I have waited so long and no one is doing anything.

I am really embarassed that as a kid I only ever play SupCom 2 and never ever SupCom 1. It hurts to know that I basically played a consolized cheap knockoff of a great game and kinda liked it even.

Alpha 0 soon

Well one thing is clear judging from the DTA matches. Burgers can't into RTS games.

played it for 5 hours have to say that i really like it. thq nordic is best for getting back old franchies from hui and publish new game. you may think that the game is general trash but its dont
i rate 5(5

I'm surprised that Spellforce 3 isn't absolute garbage and that's it actually *fun**.

Hold on now, you're actually telling me you've had fun with a post 2007 RTS? We're in uncharted waters here anons!

That's probably why I'm having fun with it, It's been too long since there was an actually great RTS so even an RPG/RTS hybrid seems like GOTY material.

So, which game was better? For me it was Act of War.

My PC keeps crashing while playing this game, can't play it for more than 10 minutes at a time, which sucks, looks like a good game

I could not stand it.
The races just seem too samy, all the same heroes (elves might be a bit different, because they were aranged differently, but then again you only need the healer and a tank plus three starter units to claim the whole map), elves get stone later but better ranged units and can convert their base to a tower that can kill low level heroes in two hits.
Orcs have more workers, faster units and a nuke.
Humans are shit at everything.

It might also be because Northgard does the same area control system (sans heroes) but better.

Act of is still my favorite C&C clone, they even did live action cutscenes and the whole shebang
also

I really don't see the appeal of MOBAS. Their gameplay is so simplistic and repetitive, and the low skill ceiling means that there's little room to show dumber, slower players who's boss. It's a shame that this awful genre managed to kill of RTS.

no one was talking about assfaggots until you got here nigger

You literally just explained the appeal in your post.

t. Legend

I guess you're right.

Why not pirate Forged Alliance and play FAF? We could get gud together, user.

you haven't played Spellforce 1 and 2?
Spellforce 1 is goat

It's not great but it's definitely not bad, it's "feature heavy" so I need more time to judge it.

Does anyone have one of those PNGs that lists 8/v/'s top recommended games but for RTSs?
either way here's a list of not horrible RTS games
Warcraft 2&3
Warhammer 40k dawn of war (black crusade and soulstorm)
WH 40k dawn of war 2 (slower paced and a little weird, but still good. Cover system is new and interesting.)
Starcraft 1 (2 is ok)
Age of empires 2&3
Age of mythology
Grey Goo (doesn't stand out, but under rated)
STAR WARS™ Empire at War
Rise of Nations
Supreme Commander 2 (never played 1 but heard it's good)
Pretty much anything Command and Conquer except 4.
The settlers: rise of an empire (weird but in a not completely horrible way.)
Dune II if only for historic purposes.

is that any good?

It's essentially Total War in terms of mechanics sprinkled with pixelshit graphics.

Those images are cancer, they're not worth posting.
Just wanted to add Company of Heroes and Emperor: Battle for Dune to your list.
It's twice as good as two is, user. You owe it to yourself to play it.

Act of Aggression was painfully mediocre at best so obviously Act of War

bump

Did anyone here participate in the DTA game night? Apparently Americlap performance there was sub-par :^)

I always thought it was the same turret on top of the dug in tick tank that it used when undug, I couldn't think how it'd even use it, that's still a silly design

I am not sure how anons managed to fuck up a Stealth Tank attack against an unguarded base, but they managed it.

Never forget

The game needs a pause function to give commands.

You are a retard if you think that is in any way, shape or form good OR smart.
Yeah, instead of a big gun, have a small gun. Instead of armor, rely on digging in with your butt sticking out.
Magically dig into the ground instantly wihout proper diging implements.

the tragic thing is that i really had fun with it

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
For those of you not willing to open embed - Save/Load is coming in the next Mental Omega release.

Are there any RTS games with cute anime girls that'd satisfy my refined weeb taste?

Speeder, lay off the coke.

I'd encountered about 2 bugs where I could't pick up items but trying to do "The Refugees" quest at the moment is a bad idea considering how bugged it is.

Just torrent the patches as well.

I am but I think I'll wait a bit longer for all the bugs to be squished.

It is pretty fun. The mission where you're at the village and have to get around or through the elves for instance is a good example. The games plays like a cRPG like Pillars of Eternity but then the RTS aspects kick in and your heroes now have an army you can take to the enemy.

There was Soulmaster which was an MMO RTS but I think it died last year. There was essentially an anime Age of Empires game but I forget what it was called.
Also Annex: Conquer the World but I've never played it. Think it's meant to be like Command and Conquer.

Eh might give it a go, not expecting much.
annexconquer.com/games/

fuck off with that shit taste, androidcuck.

Don't pretend that Apple is any less soy than Google. They're both numale-tier, dude.

Well guess that solves that then. Were there any survivors on your computer?

>Holla Forums crashes cuckime

How can you fuck that up? You had all the better angles and he chose the stupidest one

Update on this, I actually got it to work by playing around with graphical settings. It plays like some weird Starcraft/C&C Hybrid. It's a bit clunky although a lot better than what I was expecting. For some reason the max number of players in a match is 7. Each faction so far seems unique which is surprising. UI manages to be both simple to use and clunky at same time. Keybinds don't make a lick of sense and I don't think the game has attack move, and it can be a pain in the ass to target infantry. Most units so far also have secondary abilities such as grunts being able to plant bombs and IFV's having ATGM's. Considering it's free, open source, made by a single autist and has a single player mode I am willing to say give it a try. inb4 anons make a Nazi Catgirls mod

I was there and witnessed it. It surprisingly wasn't the most retarded fucking thing from that game.
Here's the full match if you want to literally RAGE and throw beer cans at your monitor.
files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4

Done three first missions and the game has damn good potential, between having three different zones of combat and having fun with doing different combot units. The only thing that annoys me is that damn unit AI, getting stuck and having fucking shit pathfinding sometimes. the opponent AI goes haywire sometimes but generally decent.

>both of them had their flanks open and none of them used those flanks except in the end and stealth tanks royally fucked up their chances
That was some levels of stupid.

The only thing Holla Forums crashed in recent years is their own board. Now post some KINO™

Well Company of Heroes 2 is free on HumbleBlunder. Enjoy a terrible game anons.
humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2

Already have it
Its ok, jusy a fuckhuge dissapointment.
looks great compared to DoW3

Still worse game than CoH 1.

True

While I just can't have too much of CnC as is, especially with series themselves dead and owned by EA, I agree with this - many of them feel very derivative and in a very bad way.

Say sometime ago there was this one called reconquest (yeah, lowercase title). A post-apoc heavily inspired by Command and Conquer 3 - from interface and layout and green rocks collected by harvesters, to the bulky dude faction having a not-Mammoth. Except no cool gimmick units - it's all mostly rock paper scissors. And environments are just static empty wastelands with a few identical ruined building doodads. Even all skirmish maps have same generic tournament layout. It's like the dev didn't know what makes RTSes genuinely fun.

Isn't Annex just a standalone mod for Glest, another opensource RTS?

Why make another video on this when he already announced this in previous mental play-trough video?

I have this old OC but it's debatable, quite some. I even threw in some more controversial choices in revision just for laughs.

Never played AoA but AoW was the shit. It's what Generals should have been - less autistic microing bullshit, more full motion videos.

I honestly expect this to differ little from any other mod. Most deviations introduce by mods just don't change the core premise at all. You get different tech trees, okay sure, but it still always feels like reskin of same mechanics with minor tweaks.

Lack of format support is what killed migration from Warcraft 3 to Starcraft 2 modding. Well that and other cases of Blizz shooting selves in a foot.

Same as 1 but modern graphics. That's it.

Where would C&C3 be on that list?

Great to good? Some aspects like squad system weren't thought out well at all but it's still very enjoyable.

Yeah, cnc3 really suffered from the transition to 3d. Unfortunately, they basically made up lore of tiberium killing everything due to engine limitations. What a fucking travesty. They also applied that awful doom colored haze to the entire screen as well.

The 3d units feel overly large and maneuver in an awkward way across the terrain, which feels clunky and filled with nothing but a few obstacles for units to get confused over. If felt like the environment and units/buildings where 2 separate things interacting which each other in the worst possible way.
The designs of the units started becoming pre-cancerous as well(cnc4 was full on stage 4 retarded).

Age of Empires 2? Still being played today.

Color palette and clunkyness is what was what felt wrong about C&C3. Something about how it looked and feeled was really off. Which is weird cause all things considered it actually was a decent game, disappointing compared to TibSun but still good.

Mac is the only reviewer I trust and he liked it

Yeah I hear you, gameplay-wise I'd rate it adequate-good. It was also decently moddable it you put the time and tears into getting everything set up correctly, and I had quite a bit of fun with that as well. Definitely kept the game alive. I tried to get units to feel right, and while speeding up turning and acceleration and slightly reducing the bounding boxed helped a little, I just couldn't get it to feel right.

Another big issue that most people felt, but didn't directly notice was that unit shadows were offset from where they should have been, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. This created an awful floating look to everything. Pic related.

I thought TS was dogshit.
C&C3 was way superior

Found some picture of a cancelled EA project in my old files.
Thankfully this was aborted and thrown in a dumpster.

I needed to take a massive shit but was constipated. This cured that.

Oh god no

Why don' developers test their games?

Spellforce 3 has a game-breaking bug that prevents a quest from going forward - pallisades don't change to hostile and cannot be destroyed in Forlorn Hope, a quest-critical NPC is displaced.

Fuck this shit.

They do only on multiplayer :^)

This looks like a very blatant Kingdom Rush clone. The cartoony designs, the lanes units and structures are put onto, the fact barracks look like defensive towers spamming units to hold off enemies.

Was Halo Wars 2 any decent?

I think everyone forgot about it.

Yes but it's still consolized and unremarkable.

Hence why I'm waiting before playing it again. If you reload to a save outside of that area, on the world map for instance, it might work.

What did you anons use to play this tournament? Probably not openRA

Nope. Tried that. It's a bug hat will be fixed in the next update.

And I have the gog version aquired by means of aggressive sea enterprise.

DTA

sins of a solar empire is less of an RTS and more of a 4x with real time combat

Dragon Commander in good tier? I wanted a Larian rts more than anyone but it was basically unplayable. Supposedly OS leeched all the dev time.

Thanks user

STAY THERE, YOU LITTLE SHIT

Give it some credit for trying to mix RTS and Visual Novel.
Also be thankful that they cut out Imp Princess. Otherwhise you'd be dealing with "muh wife's son" bullshit.

I wonder if they spectated the 3v3 after the Euro tourney and how much shit they talked shit about me tbh

I never played SupCom online so I don't know about this. And Cybran is best girl. Can you tell me more?

Watched some of his content. Mixed taste, but he is intolerable how funny he thinks he is. Half of what he says he is garbage-tier imitation of dry british wit.

So, what? I should just play on easy to get through the story? Doesn't seem necessary, besides meeting maxos, and that one dialogue line about the engineer.

google faforever, download the client and play online against other people who may or may not suck more at the game than you do

the scathis was nerfed early on in faf cause mobile arty with insane range seemed kinda pointless
last year it was nerfed again cause it was too good on small maps where it could easily beat other high tier static arty so now it sucks on bigger maps that are overplayed by scrubs

Can someone explain why company of heroes and supreme commander sequels are considered garbage compared to their original games? I've only played the sequels for both games and they both seem like predecessor in general.

Did I stutter? I haven't played the originals, only the sequels for both games. I'm wondering why the originals are considered better. Do I have to fucking play it myself to find out?

No, you didn't technically stutter.

I don't know about COH but SupCom 2 is a horrible game. Casualized as fuck. Uninspired units, gameplay, story, scale. I you liked it, I have both good an bad news: Bad news is you have terrible standards. Good news is you have SupCom 1 to elevate them.

Gotcha… SC2 was fun for a little bit but after a few games it just kind of gets boring. I've been tempted to get the first but I was just curious how much of a difference it would be.

Shitty balance that gets worse the more "balance" patches roll out, no real modding tools and a shitty campaign

And now the devs are trying to promote the modding scene by shilling Vikinger mod on their Faceberg page. They really want it to be as popular as Blitzkrieg mod for CoH 1.

>they are billions is the top selling game on (((Steam))) somehow
Let me guess, streamfaggots got a hold of it?

I really don't understand their balancing. The last coherent thing I recall from reading up on CoH2 bullshit before acquiring it was that wheel mount Maxim go-cart spam was the (or a) vogue for multiplayer, which struck me as offensively ridiculous. Beside that, constant awful reactive nerfs and the same gamey level of human lethality & vehicle durability that ends up getting modded out in no time, because it inevitably leads to autistic APM clicking of back & forth infantry blobs that don't die fast enough in the open (except when they get instagibbed) and cheap vehicle suicide rushes/expensive vehicles sniping from permanent reverse gear, slowly pinging each other to death through abstract armor values that may or may not match reality.

Never even heard of Wikinger. Spearhead was my drug of choice since it was supposedly Blitzkrieg-ish, as I knew ahead of time that CoH2 vanilla was an unworthy mess at almost all stages of maturity, although it could be brought to be more or less modded CoH with the extra bells & whistles of the new engine iteration. What makes this mod so special that Relic is personally shilling it?

The way I see it, Wikinger to Spearhead is what Europe at War is to Blitzkrieg back in CoH 1. Then again, there may be other reasons, like thinking "we want to show our support for modding scene, but don't want to come off as complete Wehraboos".

Way too late for that, it was always too late.

You mean Lelic themselves?
Well it doesnt surprise me really after what the Wikinger guys managed to do with the limited modding capabilities, but what they should really do is give the community modding tools that actually allow new models to be implemented

They managed to get a static command tree (like the one in CoH1) working

Im-fucking-plying m8.
The games got the best unit to unit balance out of almost any asymmetrical RTS, with the only real imbalances coming from macro mechanics. No matter from which kind of player you were it was a great game. The campaign was light on story, but still managed to have a political complexity and clear motives for each character mission to mission, and has enough content and challenge that you can develop your skills as a player leading up to playing online. And if you don't want to be a competitive player? Then fuck it, go play some of the best custom maps of its era (for RTS) and be a shitter online. Off the back of its complexity it built an evolving metagame that was the foundation for a thriving competitive scene with no commercial input.
I'm willing to concede that Warcraft 3 had more balance issues and didn't have the same level of precise control and cleaness that would keep it from the absolute top tier of RTS, but Starcraft Brood War is practically the gold star standard you use for comparison.
It's not even my favourite RTS. I just genuinely can't believe you'd put it outside of God Tier.

If you're going to measure games in terms of potential, then you might as well not make a list at all. The sad thing is, Dragon Commander had really well designed units, but the RTS gameplay was fucking atrocious.
If it was remade as a proper and real RTS with base building and a tech tree, it could easily be one of the best RTS of the modern day, but instead they wanted their stupid RPG/RTS/Dating Sim/World Conquerer/Flight Sim Hybrid.

I never fiddled with Europe at War, although I thought the multi-theater, multi-time period support was interesting looking. What's damningly wehrabooish in particular about Spearhead, anyways? You do have the crack infantry & big tank doctrines, but there's also Straf chaff & guns and whichever one the Volksturm doctrine was.

Well, that's actually rather neat, that. Too bad that as you've implicitly stated, Relic is disinclined to bring in a proper CoH2 modding toolset. Either because they're incompetent, or because they fear a modding renaissance could threaten any hypothetical CoH3 in the pipeline.

Thats probably it since an user wrote a couple threads ago that Relic were asking what scenario a potential CoH3 should be in (Pacific and Africa were some of the choices IIRC) but I would not rule out incompetence as you said especially after Dow3 and the fuckup AoE4 is going to be

I actually reachieved an email about the COH 3 Survey

Age of Empires IV when it was Ensemble Studios was going to be set from preWW1-Korean War era.
Relic will probably make Age of Empires IV into a Nu COH game.

See, Age of Empires-scale economy & army size with Company of Heroes combat (albeit with mostly generic units and a handful of uniques with modders picking up the slack to make full national unit lists) sounds like a dead ringer for something great. Squads versus individual units would be a bit of a change, but not necessarily a bad one. Since the game takes place in the industrial era, where things get a little more complex in terms of manufacturing A to B, maybe you could hybridize the original classic worker-&-harvester resource system with the CoH capture point system, by having specific resource points that can be prospected & exploited by units, but that also require logistical connections to be harvested and processed. Roads, railways, so on. Maybe preexistent ones, maybe constructed, or both.

With little more than a toggle between resource modes- classic no processing with no logistical hassle beyond workers walking to a harvesting building, versus resources needing processing, versus needing processing & physical transmission between harvesting structures and processing structures by vehicle or rail- the whole thing could be supportive of both original style AoE gameplay & map design, while also allowing for a little fresh air to be brought in, and for some of those gimmick landmass maps (world conquest, single continents, strangereal fictional places, this and that) to be softly simulative with copied resource deposits & period accurate infrastructure rather than just a vague smattering of land-sea borders. But then one thinks, we last left off on AoE III in the mid 2000s, and Relic has been doing a very good job of running their own series into the ground let alone reviving decade old ones without experimentalism in the mix. So it'll end up horrid without a miracle, whatever they do.

wew the game was already shit but that mod…

Whats up with the funky colors?

I came here for spellforce 3 reviews and now I have to fap, fuck you

I have no idea and it only happened once so far even after replaying that map multiple times

Now might be a good time to start. It's been about 2 weeks or so since it came out and they've squashed several of the bigger bugs. If you do decide to make a character, a mage is a good bet. You'll probably be relying on potions if you make a warrior but if you spec as a healer, you can keep your group together. Also works story wise as you're the progeny of a famous mage so having some magic opens up some dialog options. I wouldn't recommend stating as an archer though. There's one guy in your initial party that's already pretty good then you meet another character who's an arcane archer, can put magic with pierce attacks.

Currently replaying this, the developer (who no longer exists) even made it free in 2005.
gamershell.com/download_11942.shtml
There is no base building, at first mission you get couple of units and after each mission certain amount of points to buy additional units or upgrades for existing ones. Units also have (very light) experience system. There is also logistics (supply trucks), because every unit have certain amount of ammo and fuel.

Wasn't this the game made and played by autistic Krauts?

I tried it and I like it so far. Is there a way to get get widescreen working I edited the setting but it doesn't seem to be working?

Dragon Commander was originally supposed to be part of Divinity 2. In both cases they bit off more than they could chew, and Dragon Commander was doubly fucked because when they decided to finish what the initial concept of divinity 2 called for, they were developing Original Sin at the time. Original Sin took precedence and Dragon Commander was shoved out with all its issues.

Someone clearly cared enough about Dragon Commander to have a brilliant array of well-conceptually-designed units.
Being able to build and upgrade in a skirmish map would have been amazing, since so many build paths provide an advantage over an unsuspecting opponent, rewarding counterplay and scouting.

Yep, that's the one.

At least Divinity 2 was good. Probably not the best gameplay, but overall it was good.

The main difference between the races is how they expand.

Elves expand ridiculously slowly. Their basic camp has NO workers at all. You have to upgrade a sector before you can even build a single resource gathering building in it, which takes quite a long time. Their level 2 sector still has fewer workers than humans or orcs as well, so they fall way behind in the resource game.

Humans and Orcs are closer together. Humans get 3 workers for a level 1 sector, Orcs get 4. Orc buildings only require 2 workers, so as soon as they cap a sector they can drop down a hunting cabin and a logger and play rapid expansion.

I'm not completely sure what Elves have that makes up for their incredibly slow build up, nor do I really know where humans are better or worse than orcs. I do like the Human Stone Tower, which AoE damages and stuns enemies, and buffs nearby allied units, making it the premier defensive structure in the game.

My opinion though is that it's elves that are shit at everything and the good faction is either Humans or Orcs. The balance between those two is too close to call without actually getting good at both of them. That said, I pretty much ignored the RTS part of the game through the campaign. A good hero party is so much stronger than even a full late-game army that there's really no point in putting in the time. If you just rush the enemy with your heroes they actually tend to go down easier than if you had a full late-game steamroll army+heroes because of how they ramp up.

Critiques of the RTS gameplay aside, I think Spellforce 3 is probably the buggiest game I have ever played that didn't just outright crash and refuse to work. Nearly every NPC interaction has some chance of breaking and rendering sections of the game inaccessible, be they side quests or main story. The entire "affinity" system was so broken most people (myself included) couldn't even figure out how it was supposed to work. They've been patching every single day and so far have yet to get the game up to what I would consider a "normal", not even particularly high quality release.

I am surprised that the only major bug I encountered so far was the major one of the indestructible barricades during the Refugee quest. Oh and that merchant have no inventory.

made by autistic Hungarians

There are only three resolutions available. However, there is also fan-made patch that enables additional resolution, but also changes bunch of other (mainly multiplayer).
digi.atw.hu/

Seems like a videocard or driver issue.

The elves tower instead of workers upgrade path for encampments is insanely powerfull and can kill everything even lower level heroes with a few hits / few seconds.
Their Tier 3 ranged units also have tremendous range and speed, and even the starter ranged unit can kill almost all creeps with ease so you can have a realy fast expansion and fortify the borders with the tower path upgrade and then your mentioned slower economy growth starts in your hinterlands.
Beeing able to switch between tower and worker on the fly is also incredibly usefull of your borders begin to shift.

I have not yet compared all the special abilities.

My current rating is Orcs>Elves>Humans and depending on how long the game lasts.
Orcs=Elves>Humans
Maybe the Humans have something up their sleeves but I do not see it yet, maybe a midgame advantage.

Osttruppen best truppen

Probably

This is my gf. What RTS game do you guys think she'd like to play?

Holy shit not even CoH1 wermacht is this much OP.

Age of Empires 2, original. The aesthetics are fairly pleasing and it doesn't resemble a wargame which can turn away people who are not usually into RTS games. My impression is that girls tend to be a bit more reluctant to play anything with a hardcore or adrenaline/combat vibe to it.

AoE 2 is also a very good RTS.

I think there is something wrong with your gf eyes, maybe she should visit an optometrist

You should have played it when you needed only a Tiger and Panzershrek blob to win any engagement.

If you're playing against retards maybe.

If you are saying that then you clearly never encountered said blob as there was really no counter since you could make the infantry immune to suppression and mortars would never really hit them. It only really got nerfed after Britbongs came as a faction.

Nah saying theres no counters for blobs just tells how bad you are.

Then I repeat my statement you've never encountered it and clearly never played COH2 against the Tiger+Shrek blob meta.

Not even counterblobbing with Shocktroops, using Katyushas or IL-2 airstrikes worked?

Guess I'll pass.

None of them worked at the time as Kraut infantry could soak up far more damage than shock troops, deploy a retardedly OP grenade spam salvo that could total a building in one volley, Katyushas were not worth bringing onto the field at all and wouldn't hit anywhere near the target and if they did didn't do enough damage. IL-2 airstrikes well you need to have them and hope they don't retreat their troops fast enough.
This was a period when Axis were beyond broken and you had 95% of all players in matchmaking playing Axis as Allied factions couldn't compete at all due to their units being not only more expensive but worse in every way. Good example was long ago the US 75mm Howitzer vs Oktoberfest 75mm, Oktoberfest's was cheaper, cost less population, more accurate, longer ranged, fired faster, caused significantly more suppression and had an AT option. Relic sucks at balancing and COH2 has been beyond retarded with balancing swinging wildly.

Oh so that was the cause of that matchmaking "anomaly"
Good to know I guess
You mean the infanteriegeschütz?
But yeah I remember that or the Raketenwerfer with its high rate of fire on vet 2 which could chew through basically anything when paired up with a second one

That's the one but I liked the nickname of Oktoberfest West cause when you played them against Soviets or US it was like a drunken rape party I do remember the collossal salt when Britbongs came out since for the first time Axis players had to face a faction that could fight them on equal footing.

Which mod is that?

Spearhead: Combat Overhaul

I just started playing it and I'm having a ton of fun! It's a shame it's not more well-known.

Hello, my name is Populous/ RTS developers SUCK

I am a game from 1998, which puts 99% of RTS "developers" to shame, by proving how easy Micromanagment can be.

The shitty RTS developers neglected to learn from my example and make my solution to micro industry standard, the same way they neglected to make Flowfield Pathfinding from Supreme Commander an Industry Standard.

They are arrogant people, who probably never played me and other games, because they think they know better. They don't want to build on me and innovate and imporve. They think they can just make another Age of Empires 2 or Stracraft 2 with lootboxes and Esports-focus, because their corporate masters told them to.

Sup pop! Could you elaborate on your micromanagement?

Just play the demo: popre.net/downloads.php?f=13

Populous site: popre.net/

I did in my dedicated thread, user.

Spellforce 3 is fucking infuratintly bugged.

FUCK HIS SHIT

Correction. Game is currently 1.22. So I have 10 patches to go.

And I can't find a newer torrent anywhere

Check the GOG site some of the cs.rin guys made, there should be an up-to-date version
Also I recommend waiting for another month or so since Spellforce 3 has been getting patches on a daily basis

search harder

Judging by the changelogs, starting with 1.15 they really slowed down on fixes. 1.16 and later seems to largely focus on online, though there's still a campaign fix here and there.

Also 1.12 happens to have some of the nastiest balance changes. Considering one of the most essential skills for me to replace the ones "rebalanced" never got fixed that's where I dropped the game.

I actually managed to find it right after posting.

Now up to 1.22.
No bugs on the main quests anymore…but side quests can still be uncompletable.

I realise this is a bit of a noob question, but how do I change the chat language in Company of Heroes 2? That is, the language with which I'm typing in chat.

Is spellforce 3 any good. I liked the first 1 but it went to shit really fast.

This, fucking Gearbox man.

Good but buggy.

nhentai.net/g/196793/

Merry Christmas

Anybody have anything to say about the best free ripoff of Age of Empires out there?

Really impressive for a free game, but they still have not fixed the insane lag problem that happens whenever large amounts of units fight against each other

I think the RTS aspect is shit, at least in the campaign. The enemy will constantly send armies at you, and the size and frequency of those armies builds up far too quickly regardless of what their bases actually look like. Your own units are so much weaker than your heroes that by the time you can contribute anything with them the enemy has grown two or three times in power, so you are basically better off rushing the enemy with your heroes and starting army (if any) every time and ignoring the whole builder game.

Tfw get to a thread after all the discussion has happened
I played the demo and it ran like crap, the graphics were kind of overdone and very noisy, combat was also very unintuitive, a lot of things should have been on autocast, and it seemed like there was a lot of blobbing. I was actually kind of hyped for it but I ended up just finding it to lack both any interesting design, flair, or original mechanics.

I'm at my fucking wits end here lads, google has failed me. I get a steady 2-3 second imput delay with CoH2, but only online. The stinker is, I didn't used to have it. Any ideas what's causing it?

Real shame relic didn't allow for editing unit skins like with COH1

That's exactly how 1 worked. Honestly I'd be shocked if it got as hard as 1's endgame did, where you have absolutely no resources and have to fight against waves of demons 2x your units level with AOE fireball spells through a ravine filled with other horrors.

1 limited your hero army so that you were forced to use the RTS element in about half the maps, and it at least attempted to balance the RTS element so that it was usable in the absence of those heroes.

3 always gives you your full hero party and balances the RTS to require heroes in order to function. Unfortunately those heroes end up being overpowered relative to the RTS units (and necessarily so) so it becomes better to just ignore RTS entirely.

I didn't do this personally, but in 1 if you never activated monuments the enemy would never invade you. So ignoring the RTS part was viable in that as well.

Yeah I did that a lot, but on maps that that worked you only had your main hero with no party members (because you needed a certain kind of monument to summon other heroes). Winning, or at least crippling the enemy with only one character mostly comes down to hardcore cheese.

In 3 you are given all 4 characters on all maps. Given the balance between RTS units and RPG scaling (I don't think your units scale at all, if they do I can't tell), it's not so much cheese as just a basic rush strategy. The same thing applies in 3 btw, until you take the first outpost (which is sometimes forced in the opening cutscene) the enemy won't do anything.

I'd recommend that on the Refugee map where you get scouts and Infantrymen and quickly storm the castle but on Barga Gor you should build up an army to get a feel for the Orc units.

I have to say Spellforce 3 maps are beautiful. ESPECIALLY the city maps.
Lovely cities with tons of detail. Almost too much.
If there is one issue I have with it would be unit scale… houses are too small compared to citizens

Could also use a few more mechanics from other CRPGs like a pause button and being able to switch equipment at camp instead of a map.

You have slow-down time (Alt), but not actual pause AFAIK

>Miss out on the titan upgrade and a character has to sacrifice himself instead.
Make sure you do either the Human or Orc reinforcement missions first before doing Elf, this unlocks the titan schematic and you can summon a titan instead of having to sacrifice someone.
I spend 3 hours on a map when a simple google search would throw this up.

>Mission objective is to either go against the orc, who's already got a decent army he's sending against you or the new players who enter from the south and have just set up. But whoops, they're sending waves including Iron Ones every 5 minutes.
I like down time in my RTS. The above one with the 3 ways across the river means that they'll send forces to try and dislodge you but you get some time between attacks to build an economy. In that last map I was being attacked in 4 different places, "You are under attack (horn sound), You are under attack (horn sound), You are under attack (horn sound)." You get the picture.

I pretty much just walked into the human base with my heroes and instakilled their HQ, same as with every other mission.

I was wondering - do I need to ally with the orcs to finish the game?

I want to purge greenskins.

Completely optional. Barga Gor isn't a good map either. You do get to use trolls however later.

>Storming Smeltery with Elves.
>Move up to the walls and fortify with towers.
Awesome.

Sounds like a complete spamfest and you need to cheese to win.

You will be using your heroes and whatever units you start off with and just running south as fast as you can. Like I said, I didn't have enough forces to fend off 4 separate attacks against my outposts, so cheesing is a viable way to win.

Just finished it. Pretty good, had that addictive CRPG feel that made me want to continue the story and see the next map. Ending was kind of abrupt considering the build up but I'll check out the original Spellforce now if it's anything like this.
Only complaint is that I think they should have released this in January of Feburary, give the QA people a month or two solid to crush bugs, because when this was originally released it had and still does have numerous small bugs. Two simple ones were the Pheonix shield that I had all the parts for but couldn't forge and another one with a locked gate preventing completion of a side quest.

I'm this guy, and still on the lookout for a nice, well-built, aesthetically pleasing RTS with anime cuties. Someone suggested Annex: Conquer the World; any other ones? It's a shame that these games are so rare. I guess that most guys don't like to see their waifus get blown up.

Not sure how much of a touhoufag you are but you just reminded me that someone made a small RTS game that's translated.

SF3 was pretty disappointing. The campaign is pretty boring so far (Just got to the ancients' city with the midget) and Skirmish is even worse. There doesn't seem to be anything fun you can do in this game. Also only 3 factions with what, 6 samey units each? What a load of shit.

Are the previous games in the Franchise any good?

Play 1
Also, it sold decently well so hopefully THQ/Nordic takes more bets on RTS games.

Looks cool. Thanks, dude. Gonna check it out.

It's like no one learned anything from Spellforce 3. Isamo might have been the first mage to seek greater freedom but even after the queen sets up that mage organization, they still rebel and do other shit.

Where does Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends fit on that chart? I liked it.

We have a game for the next RTS tournament :^)

From what I've heard they're pretty similar. The requirement for cheese is extremely prominent in 1. Spellforce 1 is fucking long to.

Only if it has stealth tanks.

As long as it's recorded better this time.

user, Can you recruit Sentenza or atleast make him your ally?

Heads up, apparently this thread's next theme has to be Taiwanese dickgirls apparently. Get your OC ready.

Are Parajews rolling out the next HoI 4 expansion early?

Yeah the Spellforce devs are on a rapid-fire patching spree.

0 AD is buggy, incomplete, and runs like shit. And their game engine uses javascript as its scripting language, so I have no hopes of them ever getting their shit in order. It's basically a tech demo. It looks pretty, until you try to run it, and it's a janky mess under the hood. I tried playing it with friends a while ago and while we were able to get a game going, it was shit and we all uninstalled it before long. I'd rather play AoE 2, AoM, Empire Earth, or Rise of Nations (though not the "remastered" shit).

Vanilla, Titans or Ching Chong expansion?

I like Titans for Atlanteans, really. Ching Chong expansion is remastered cancer. Honestly when these fuckers redo a game they add a little bit of rebalancing and fix what wasn't broken while they do horribly buggy shit because none of these fuckers can code for shit since remastering is such low-effort minimal work. From what I read the chink expansion has trash mechanics, buggy half-assed content, and is generally horrible to play. I wouldn't've minded a good chink expansion, but these guys are incompetent shitters ruining a classic. Hey, at least you can wolololo in chink land!1111

Motherfucking CANCER.

They were. It looks like they've taken a break for Christmas. They were patching daily until the 22nd, but now they've stopped completely.

I don't think you can. You go to face him in The Eye, you have Lacaine with you and you're meant to kill him unfortunately.

What about siding with Anslem during the genocide quest?

Does anyone know of any weird FPS that break away from the "build base, kill dudes" shtick? Two examples I like are Original War and Myth. Myth gets called an RTT but it plays exactly like one of those RTS campaign levels where you have no villagers/base and have to win with a set pool of units, so I'll mention it anyway.

I ask this as I live in bumfuck nowhere so can't play multiplayer and these strange RTS games tend to be significantly more engaging in Single Player.

Meh, can't blame 'em. They want to have some holidays to themselves too. Also, at the rate they were patching, they might have been running themselves ragged. They apparently released something like 20 patches in 15 days, so their work ethic at least does not seem lacking. It does look like they were forced to release the game early for the holiday season.

Gotta love it when you have imbeciles forcing rushed products out the door because sales & marketing said that's when it would sell best as opposed to selling it when it is in actually playable condition. And then when the shit sells badly they'll probably blame the RTS genre for being "niche"/"unpopular" rather than themselves for being retarded enough to force a rushed launch for an unstable game.

Not sure as I didn't side with him.

Check out S.W.I.N.E.: gamershell.com/download_11942.shtml

Unofficial patch: users.atw.hu/digi/2.3.php?lang=en

You can't play against anyone using the Chinks in te remastered AoM. It actually makes it so you can't play random opponents in skirmish mode as well.

Real question is what are the correct panties to wear in RTS games.

Striped, end of discussion.

But what colour

White with blue stripes or vice versa.

what is wrong with you user?

Clearly diapers considering they require a great deal of time commitment and concentration.

Those are reserved exclusively for Vivian,

Someone doesn't take their medicine

Which you never see on her cause they are always down at her ankles due to the amount of spankings she has been getting lately

Why is everyone talking about panties all of a sudden and why are you fags seriously suggesting that anything other than white with pink polka dots on them is the way to go?

This is beyond wrong you haven't even described the shape of the panties

>Diapers
>Not pull-ups
Shit taste.

There is much debate what kind of panties should be worn. For example would the Infantry units wear the same panties as the Tank units? And what about the Commander? What should they wear?

Pull-ups, strictly speaking, are not Diapers.

Are you trying to cover up your shame user?

I fail to see your point user.

Clearly you still can't control your bladder user and you are covering up your shame.

Who said anything about men being unable to control their bladders user? Hell we aren't even talking about a third dimension here.

Tits or GTFO.

GET OOOOOOOOOOUT!

There IS a faction that has stealth infantry in Ethanols called 3Fairies.
too bad defenses are so terribly shit that you probably can't recreate the stank failiure with them

I wager he could.

I hate when this happens.

user I'm quite clearly neither two-dimensional nor a grill.

You just like to dress up like a little girl and wet yourself like the majority of Holla Forums?

This looks pretty neat user, thanks.

Never forget

But boxxy in that pic comes from the 2009 video. Not like that time boxxy would do panty wetting video either because she was like 16, you cryptopedo.

Mark can suck my dick this time, I have become prepared. If I get banned again I hope he enjoys cleaning up hundreds of boxxyposts each with a different IP all over Holla Forums.

Disgusting.

She'd be 17 actually, that's past the age of consent in most of the world though admittedly not for porn and the correct term would anyway be ephebophilia (it'd have to be an explicit preference for the age group for that too). Come to think of it does fully clothed panty wetting count as porn? I suppose it'd depend on the context of the video.

Yes, she'd be 17 my mistake. However:
In California, there is a crime of "Unlawful sexual intercourse", which is an act of sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 18 who is not the spouse of the person. (CA Penal Code § 261.5 (a)) There are no exceptions; all sexual activity with a person under the age of 18 (and not their spouse) is a criminal offense. So if a 15-year-old willingly has sex with a 17-year old, both have committed a crime, although it is only a misdemeanor.

You fucking pedo.

Why, exactly, do you have such intimate knowledge of the age of consent laws in Boxxy's state?

Surely she's moved somewhere else by now?

She used to live in SF for a couple years due to job but nowadays she is moving to LA. Thing is both of these neighborhoods were nice, but somewhat expensive and in shitty cities.

Your autism is impressive user. How many images of Boxxy do you have exactly?

I've played a good chunk and yes the factions are generic as fuck but no the necromancer is strong as shit. Easily crosses into blatantly OP territory, especially after getting the new skills

Boxxy was caught wearing diapers, hence why she is no longer around.

13788 .png's, 8122 .jpg's, 2360 .gif's in the VM and additional 2000 files somewhere else.

Iron Harvest Lastest Gameplay Footage

Hnnngggg. Looks to be kinda like CoH 1 but with mechs. I like.

What's the bet this gets cancelled for consoles?

It Won't Get Cancelled and worse of all it might turn Dawn of War III

Horrifying.

New bread