Autistic vidya with engineering, bulding and stuff

Whats the best autistic vidya out there that requires you to build huge ass industrial complexes, bases and dungeons?

Which is your favorite, which is the best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC1BZnq-fX0Ea4ka4d8cnc0w?app=desktop
denki.itch.io/autonauts
store.steampowered.com/app/591370/Production_Line/
pastebin.com/NepvfUS4
pastebin.com/GgXQ3gRc
codereview.stackexchange.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does it have to be architectural autism? Because opus magnum and spacechem are pretty autistic.

Dwarf Fortress my friend.

wurm

Zachtronics already made two autism block games, Infinifactory and Infiniminer, you could recommend those first

Portrait of a mighty dwarf king with his queen.

is the first one really dorf?

Yes, its a screenshot from the stonesense overlay.

Zach got cucked by Notch hard.

It looks so amazing, how many autism points do you lose for playing with it?

You lose all points. In fact, you lose most of them from not using the Matrix-glyph original graphics. REAL autists can get their pleasure out of nothing but spreadsheets.

It makes me sad that I don't have the autism for this; I only like building complicated things that look fucking cool. Any game that doesn't allow me to make stuff that looks fucking cool does not interest me.

Also RimWorld

If I had the time I'd try to mod Factorio into Wurm.

SE overhauled their physics engine and fixed the issues with CLANG so I'm looking forward to getting into rotor and piston autism.

Oxygen not included is getting to autistic levels of engineering. If only I could mod out all the black duplicants

Like building excessive structures to cool oil which is pumped around your machines which produce plastic and metals.

I don't like e-faggots but this guy has built some cool machines for ONI: youtube.com/channel/UC1BZnq-fX0Ea4ka4d8cnc0w?app=desktop

It's like you don't even know how to manage your farming equipment.

If you're playing AAA corridor shit where the black gay trans otherkin is mandatory, I get the bitching.
But games like Rimworld and DF are possibly the only games that also give you tools to remove them INGAME.
For fuck sake, you can set up gas chambers in Rimworld.

Yeah but that farming equipment needs to eat food and it requires effort to segregate them and then house them in just barely oxygenated black areas

denki.itch.io/autonauts

Not really autistic levels of engineering, but a game about replacing your labor with robots. It's free so worth a try.

Aurora
A shame the dude keeps it closed source so not person with an actual understanding of user interface can fix the only real gripe I have with it

What's that minecraft stuff?

Anyway, something along the line you might enjoy is Infinifactory. It's a puzzle game built around engineering machines to essentially assemble stuff. Starts out slow, but eventually you'll be building actual devices.

Glyph graphics are the best because it drives in imagination. It's like reading a book, vs, watching a movie.

If we're talking about modded minecraft autism, nothing beats the pure autistic joy and experience of advancing through GregTech.
Bonus points if you're playing a GregTech centered modpack like InfiTech.

that guy is ok
does spreadsheets and shit on the systems he builds

That’s not autism, that’s masochism.

store.steampowered.com/app/591370/Production_Line/

Game where you have to build cars. Still in early access.

Factorio beats Dwarf Fortress in industry scale pretty easily. I think Factorio is the current king of that area of autism.

If I wanted to read a book, I'd read a book. That's a shitty analogy that seems purpose based for a hipster "ooh, I'm better than most people because I actually read!" superiority complex.

DF is a memegame with a cult following; it's the Undertale of builder games. Rimworld is already more complex and complete, and it manages that while not looking like half-digested alphabet-soup puke.

What's wrong with UI?

Oh, you're just trolling. Okay.

This game seems awesome.
post the other ones senpai

He married a bear?

Nah, the other one with a beard.

Why do all autism sims have to look like complete shit?

Rimworld has
> actual graphics they look like ass but hey, you don't have to remember what every god damn cryptic symbol means
RimWorld has its strengths and weaknesses in comparison to DF, stop being a dumbass.

It's not better designed. The game is mind numbingly slow and the scale is all kinds of retarded. The majority is just waiting for the 5 fucktards in your colony to do the job that would be done in seconds if the population was multiplied by like 10. I don't know why the population is so stupidly low.

graphics are for neurotypicals.

Because the creator can't fucking code.

Tynan wants you to escape, not make a settlement. That's why you need 50 mods to make settlement building not shit. It's one of the core flaws with the game.

There's a timeline where Zach made Minecraft instead of Notch, where Minecraft is actually good, Zach got infinite monies with which to develop every game he could ever want to, and Notch is an autistic fatass nobody lurking here right now.

been playing the shit out of factorio the last few days

do you have brain damage?

fuck the police, i have angel and bobs mods

That's even worse, how have you not discovered metallurgy?

I've been busy building other shit you big baby

Flood it with lava and try again

Factorio looks good tho

The game is actually coded pretty fucking well as far as C# goes.

I know this is bait but Automata existed as a concept long before Tetradev ever showed off his game.

If you're so keen on C#, do you mind taking 2 seconds to just skim this and seeing if there's any major red flags? It's for an unrelated /agdg/ project.

pastebin.com/NepvfUS4
pastebin.com/GgXQ3gRc

lol what a gay

They're coming directly from his coal mine. He's splits his coal belts in two and using them to carry the iron plates up until he separates them.

You live in the timeline where minecraft is being reworked, optimized, and given integrated APIs by an user. I am that user.

I don't believe you and even if you are telling the truth, it doesn't matter, because Minecraft was never allowed to reach its full potential as a first-person multiplayer Dwarf Fortress and it never will but on the 0.1% chance that you are genuine, you are doing a good job, I love you, you're gonna find that kind mommy gf (male) some day, we're all gonna make it brah, I'm not being post-ironic here I genuinely want you to be proud of what you're doing

see

I've only been at this since friday, and I've trivialized customizing the item/block returned from breaking a block as well as quantity returned, I expect to have blocks and their properties loaded from configs within the week. Shouldn't be long until I have everything configurable from items/tools to recipes to base game rules like hunger.

Ah, I thought you meant that you were on Microsoft's official C++ Minecraft reimplementation team. Best of luck to you user.

Whatever happened to Starmade?

If you want a codereview why not post it here?
codereview.stackexchange.com/

its buildcraft with ic2 it seems. youll have to dig up older versions if you want that since buildcraft hasnt been around for a while. although buildcraft itself isnt super important to the 'factory' experience if thats what youre after, as its mostly logistical stuff which many mods have, and many do better.

if youd have stopped your post at your first line i think more anons would take you seriously, unless your point is to parody the "critics" of df.

tell me about avorion, i just love making flying machines. is it actually worthy of scratching that itch?

There are certain things in this world that just bring utter joy to a Coonfox's heart, and somehow you keep managing to hit them, you bastard.

It's been a while but the game is based on so old tech that it has quirks regarding the window mangment making some windows seemingly vanish, the UI often has two or three ways to get to the same menu and while I get that info per size goes before it, something to make it easier to look at especially in dark surroundings would be nice.

Not official or c++, but this java shitheap is gonna be fixed to the best of my abilities.

Not enough cheese.
Otherwise accurate.

I like engineering useless shit like that

I can't fucking run space engineers because my processor's too potato, but looking around for similar games i found something called Empyrion which is a more simpler version of literally the same fucking game.

It's still fun, but hella basic.

Here's a steam engine. I've been trying to figure out a good way to get the cam timing right. The issue is that while fire heats the water cannon instantly to produce steam, it does not cool down instantly after the fire leaves its vicinity. This causes the steam to push the pistons for too long at high speeds, decelerating the engine. Some other guy used a nice rocker mechanism to crank the engine, but it was fuckhuge, probably wouldn't even have fit the build box.

Maybe. Pirate it, not really worth a buy. Was the flavor of the month thing for a while, and honestly I only enjoyed the building aspect. Gameplay is bretty bad.

From the Depths is pretty fun if you like boats and guns.

>this looks fun

I like the decoration on the back. Strangely elegant how it springs out.

also would you like to play factorio together sometime

My internet is useless, sorry. And I still haven't even taken the time to master vanilla yet.

Read a fucking plaintext wiki. Are you a femanon or something? If you're not, stop drinking from bloody plastic.

o-oh, ok

It's not a Dwarf Fort fanart just a regular dwarf fanart so fairly accurate considering otherwise. Still, here's some cheese.

all good software is closed source

No. Case-in-point: the Linux kernel has basically killed every server OS other than Microsoft, and MS/Azure doesn't have nearly the marketshare Linux does.
Sage for OT.

if its not dorf fort fanart it seems heavily inspired by it

This. You will find yourself rebuilding your ships, engines, guns, AI, etc. again and again to get it just right: low drag, good displacement, lots of redundancy, armor in the right places… This game showed me the power of my own autism for the first time and now I'm scared.

ARK is fun for building factory stuff as long as you play that shit offline. Online some random faggot will destroy your shit while you sleep.

Its KNOWS you stupid cunt.

Is there any more of these? I tried the wiki but cant find any.

I just hope this level of autism is on par with mine, I liked Stellaris but there was so much things missing, from combat strategy, to true xeno purging.

He's talking about the picture before the one he posted. The one he posted is by a guy that was fairly popular on the DF forums.

i suppose ive got the brain dps

They were made in the space thread here so no wonder you can't find them - there may be new ones too

Is this thing clipping through other parts? Because I can't figure out how this is working, and it looks like it's going through itself.

very nice Africa simulator, where you play as a white person

Yes. Hinges and ball sockets have a non-colliding base, which you can use to transform rotary motion to linear, or vice versa. It is just as easy to make an engine without clipping, it'll just be a bit larger.

not to say that df doesn't require autism to play, but all of it is devoted to working with the obtuse interface.
The building aspects are limited, and the logistical and managerial constraints it presents are laughably easy to overcome. The average city builder is harder, and the average city builder is shit

That's not even the best Nazi machine

Throne not in the centre of the room.
It says
user.

You could just play Distant Worlds with the AI set to expert. Although I guess you don't get the same level of autism like fine tuning every individual piece of your missiles.