NIHON FALCOM THREAD: Drinking Buddies Edition

Don't forget to support the games (or not if it's a NISA/Aksys release) and spoiler the spoilers!

- New Trails info expected on November 16th via a special Sen no Kiseki issue of Dengeki.
- Cold Steel 3 released in Japan. Remember to spoiler the spoilers. Game is to be split into two parts due to size. Second part is confirmed to release in 2018.
- Ys VIII released on PS4 and Vita. NISA fucked up the translation. Examples: imgur.com/a/58G3W and the promised simultaneous PC release was delayed to 2018 along with translation fixes that were initially promised to release in November.
- XSEED have ported Ys VII to PC. It is available now on Steam and GOG.
- ToCS II confirmed for PC with no release date available. New voice work is nearly completed. It is expected to release in 2018.
- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection has been released on Steam and GOG.

- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally in English. They are available on Steam and GOG and were recently updated to include Turbo Mode.
- Trails of Cold Steel I is now on PC through Steam and GOG with gameplay enhancements and newly voiced lines of dialogue.
- Tokyo Xanadu released on Vita. Aksys fucks up the localization. Examples: imgur.com/a/RgUTF The improved EX+ version for PS4 releases December 8th. PC version is being handled by Ghostlight and will release the same day as the PS4 version.

- Trails to Zero fan tl at 40%. Ao is 79% translated, but not edited at all yet. A beta of the Zero TL from 2015 was leaked. It is full of typos and sounds like robots are talking, but it is at least coherent from start to finish. Play only if you are desperate. Machine TL of Azure has also been released, and it is as terrible as you would expect. It is completely unintelligible.
- Ys VIII fan retranslation project has been cancelled until the official fix is released. The team wants to see if NISA can fix the problems. If not, the retranslation will continue.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project is finished. English tl patches coming in the next months tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm
- Zwei!! fan tl playable from start to finish, but not entirely rid of bugs. bofgames.com/projects/zwei
- Also in the works: Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
mega.nz/#!Bw5SURQK!fsrMwjX72trMpoXK3Vx6kKn7cgcj1h5sf5E1OSqgA0s
- ToCS: JP voices
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4
Dummy files (Required to write over the newly recorded English dialogue)
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM
Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6A260B5B9AA460EB5A71AA88A5B314583DF419D4
Merge the JP voices and Dummy files into one folder and dump that folder into the voice folder.

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

gu4n.github.io/br2/
twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/935206589568466944
twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/935253613345198081
twitter.com/hatsuu/status/935722523186028544
strawpoll.me/14505722
archive.is/OFEkB
twitch.tv/xseed_games
archive.is/O8n47
spike-chunsoft.co.jp/pr/17_1201.pdf
archive.is/t3q7Y
archive.is/G40kW
mediafire.com/file/gg8trryn3tl1s7h/Brandish_2_Renewal_(FD_version).7z
archive.is/Rcd5o#selection-1479.1-1479.411
mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g!HQRh0abA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why haven't you played Xanadu Next yet?

Oh look, worst girls flock together.

I have and it was a good fuckin game. I didn’t want to kill her. Why did you make me kill her, Falcom?

I realized I've only looked at stills, but do the mouths in CS3 look as awkward talking as in the first two?

Here

Still not amazing, but it's better at least. I can live with it.

Josette is easily the best out of the three.

I have and now I've bought it twice. Full price on gog and now a steam version this sale.

Brandish 2: The Planet Buster for PC-98 will release November 30th
gu4n.github.io/br2/

Site doesn't give out a release date user

A bird is fine too

Do any of the Brights show up in CS3?

Still no word on Cold Steel 3 localisation? It has been months since JPN release. Or maybe I missed it.

Gee, I wonder who's the silver haired dude whose face isn't shown on that cover.
Not that I'm complaining. I saw the reveal a mile away in The 3rd and I still really enjoyed it because of the closure between the characters.

NISA gonna snipe that franchise boi.

twitter.com/Gu4n/status/935198505177616384

Kondo would either have to be a complete fucking retard or a complete fucking cuckold for his NIS friend if he gives NISA another game

No, but with Tita around they get mentioned a lot. Apparently they're kept out of Erebonia because of their dad's threat level, though after the ending of CS3 I don't see them staying out of things

Much like in 3rd no one in the story is mystified vy you identity. It's more a question of how.

After they broke their deal with Falcom and fucked up so bad they put a dent in Falcom's fiscal year? Yeah, I doubt it.

Holy shit is that renne? She looks pretty good from behind.

If only they'd take that philosophy to heart for the calvard arc.

Thanks lad

It's happening

twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/935206589568466944

I had hopes, and it seems like it will be fucked.

YES NISA FUCK ME IN MY BOIPUSSY BIG HOLE

What if it isn’t CS3? What if it’s Crossbell?

This is why terrorism exists.

To be fair, there are a lot of things it could be. They didn't even say it would be a Falcom game. Most people seem to think it will be Coven. I still think Falcom will be too wary of NISA to try them again so soon.

There's a prinny game, maybe that.

But you forget; Kondo is a fucking idiot.

Mind blown.

It’d be a good reason to start telling them to “Give us back our Crossbell”

This make sense now.

is the Record of Agarest War 2 PS3 version censored? I only know that the steam/gog versions are censored because of ghostlight.

Juna is actually mind-broken to love Erebonia by the end of CS3.

Rean is a madman.

Doesn't twitter ban accounts for threats?

they also ban you if you click that link on a russian controlled imageboard and they are now tracking your cookies for offensive sites

Who is the worst girl from the crossbell series? It seems to be Elie in my mind because she's the most bland, but she's not as bad as Alisa.

Elie is a safe pick. Possibly Noel depending on how you take a certain twist.

There is no need to be upset
It won't be CS3

They'd better get the guy who did Agate's english voice in TitS. He was fucking hilarious to listen to.

twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/935253613345198081

its ok

So it's confirmed this is the announcement? That's a little earlier than they said.

Just bought Ys I + II and am going to try it out after work tomorrow. I can't wait to play it, the series looks really enthralling. Thank you all for recommending it to me!

>Not doing the grunts yourself

No, NISA is a terrorist cell.

There is no chance of it being a falcom game, anyway.

Have fun, user.

It’s most likely not the announcement and is them shilling for that game.

Hope you have fun man.

Hope you enjoy the bump system. A product of its time but with a superb sense of flow. I argue none of the other games got it as good as Ys I and II.

I & II have quite different gameplay from the rest of the series.

Remember to never actually pay for Ys VIII whenever you get to it.

We're safe for another day. It isn't a Falcom title.

Thats not the announcement
That was 1 hour ago
The announcement is supposed to be right now.

Translation?

Bake the cake Rean.

Luckily it's not a falcom game, it's just regarding The Longest Five Minutes' release date. All the PR emails got sent out

WE'RE SAFE FOR NOW.

Why are Falcom cakes so perfect? Life is not fair. Give that cake some frosting Rean

She's asking him to go with her to get a drink, I believe.

Rean actually drinks a lot in CS3.

I wouldn’t blame him with all the shit he’s gone through.

Cold steel PC undub?

Read the OP

Oh, missed it because it was titled by initials instead of name. Sorry.

I should have written it out to avoid confusion, sorry.

They've been consistent enough. Matt Mercer as Olivert, Patrick Seitz as Vander. Hell, even NISA went out of their way to make sure Bryce and Patrick were Adol and Dogi, respectively. I'm sure there'd be no trouble making sure Bryce voices Agate in CS3.

But he really does suck at dark or edgy warrior-types. One would think it wouldn't get worse than Machina Kunagiri, THEY'D BE WRONG

This could be something to watch. However, the font and background make me think Senran, so I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Still, worth checking out at least.

I haven’t tried out cold steel yet. Kinda bummed that the third game isn’t on vita or even PS3.

inb4 "sorry guys, we lost all falcom ip's to nisa"

Beat me to it

Troy Baker used to be Olivert actually. But Matt Mercer took all his roles once he became too good for weeb stuff, so that makes sense. Patrick Seitz wasn't Muller in Sky though, he was Zin.

The Vita held back CS1 and 2 and caused content to be cut from it

I know you're just shitposting, but c'mon.

Brittany confirms it isn't Kiseki related, so yeah. It's probably SK PC ports.

Where did she confirm that?

Twitter. twitter.com/hatsuu/status/935722523186028544

Could just be SK localizations of the already announced games.
Has all of Peach Beach Splash DLC been released yet?
Thats could answer what the announcemnet is quite quickly

Oh well. Figured it was SK from the graphic design. Still, I don't like how quickly she denied it. I'm getting nervous. The year is almost over.

It's probably Rifle.

Refle

I keep forgetting it's a nonsense word.

Place your bets
strawpoll.me/14505722

fufu, I've acquired some eastern (asian) alcohol.

I usually only get to drink wine and hard liquor so i'm looking forward to it.

Something tells me she'd be able to go toe to toe with Aina.

So is TiTs 3rd just recycled assets and characters with weird ass story?
Should I just get into Trails of Cold Steel 1 instead?

Uh no? While it's very different than other games the story is good and there's actually a lot of important lore stuff in it

It's a followup story to what happened after SC. It elaborates on certain events before, during and after FC and SC.
If you don't care about that then skip it.

TitS 3rd acts as a bridge plotwise between the Sky series and the other games. I recommend getting it as it has my favourite Olivier vs Osborne moment in the entire series so far

Also there's a segment that expands on what Renne went through exactly.

There's a LOT of focus on characters and their individual conflicts, like seeing what happened to them after TitS, as well as which ones will blossom into full on plotlines.

From the top of my head I can name three things from CS2 you won't fully get, if you haven't played 3rd.

It's my favorite of the entire Trails series that I have played so far (By all I heard, the Crossbell games will top this). There's no real need for introduction of characters because you know most of them. You have this strange world with everybody thrown in (for good reason) that they have to solve to get out. There's an insane amount of great moments in this game.

And this is the game where I totally begin to get the love for nuns

I was hoping for a CSII PC release date, but if it's a Peach Beach Splash PC port I won't be salty. That game would be so much better than it already is with mouse controls.
also if it's about Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin I won't be salty either, that game looks great.

Who’s your favorite nun, user? I like Rosine but I feel the need to cook for Ries and make her happy. I’d love another Trails game focused on the Church partially for the amount of cute nuns we’d get and partially for hunting down artifacts

Any reason to raise a weapon's proficiency to 200% in Xanadu Next? I'm replaying it now and just noticed it goes past 100% for the first time while grinding for a bit of cash

Raising it improves damage, so raise it only for weapons you like.

Thanks

>>>/cuckchan/

This game is reminding me why I hate all the bishie edgelord bosses in JRPGs. He seems like such a shitty boring character as well when compared to all the others, but I can tell I'll have to deal with his faggotry a lot more in SC. Fuck.

He's actually a pretty good character once you know who he is. Also yeah, Estelle, Schera and Kloe would never have a chance against him.

You aren't going to win because he has a shit ton more experience than you do, user.

Toal Fact is a better backstabbing edgelord. Loewe is a faggot who has no business being as powerful as he's said to be especially when the only time when he isn't being a condescending edgy faggot is when he's dying near the end of SC/The 3rd

You’d be an edgy faggot too if your entire town was razed and the chick you loved was a casualty of that. Plus it being covered up like it never happened.

Renne was a likable character even before we figured out the shit she went through in The 3rd or even the final parts of SC. Loewe just doesn't sit well with me because there's jack shit interaction with him, even in FC.

Rean has seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Because they’re different characters, user.

DON'T BELIEVE NISA'S LIES

waypoint.please use archive.is/en_us/article/7xwzmb/how-a-major-jrpg-wound-up-getting-totally-re-written-months-after-release

Reminder that just a few days after the email campaign, NISA had to apologise and then promised to retl the game. What a coincidence, uh? The real reason of NISA doing something was, but of course, business.

"Yes Japanese developers are running away but please we do care it's not like we may ran out of business!"

"Trying to shift the culture the at the studio" is making my alarms go crazy.

If it wasn't for them trying to downplay the fans effect I would almost think that was them trying to signal that they are trying to push all the shit out of the company.

Deplorable company.

Yes, a company that has a serial history of censoring even mild shit had a change of heart on their own. Likely they knew that fucking up a higher profile IP like Ys, relatively speaking, would make even more Jap developers turn away from them like Idea Factory did.
Part of me wanted them to really Ys VIII it fucking hurts to say I'd sacrifice the game in the state it was in, just to make even more companies hate them.

Don't forget all the other games with shit translations like Ar Tonelico that they never fixed. Not to mention all the games they actually broke and made uncompleteable or brick your console, that they never fixed. The only reason why they are fixing YS8 is because they were getting pressure if not from Falcom then other japanese devs were whispering about them. It was definitely Falcom though the timing was too perfect. Not to mention most of the reviewers and comments I saw on normalfag sights like DualShockers were defending the translation as "nothing too bad" or "I thought it was satire".

You know, with XSEED currently recording new shit for CS2, wouldn't it be possible for them to also go about adding another extra to something like the Memories section?
Like the Ymir-visit audio drama?

If they didn't do it for the CS1 port, I doubt they'd do it for the CS2 port. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

CS1 didn't have the text of the drama CD in the game. CS2 does. That said, I still doubt they do it.

SMH TBH FAM!
archive.is/OFEkB

Let me put it this way.
Walter is the badass martial artist who really wants a fight. Cool.
Bluballer is the suave magician who likes beauty and fucking with people. Cool.
Lucie is a magician who pretty much served as a way for estelle and schera to grow as characters. To be honest I thought she was kind of a weak character but she's most likely going to end up in the calvard arc so who knows.
Renne is a qt loli who is to be protected and also has a mech. She's like an equally sweet but more tragic tita. Cool.
Loewe is the guy hanging out in a trenchcoat who everyone says is really good at swordsmanship, but there isn't really much of a reason why. He didn't have a sword school passed onto him by his ancestors, he didn't go meet a dragon and train under it, all he did was practice as a kid and then under ouroboros he gets the speshul demon sword and voila bestest enforcer you guys(Assuming ouroboros trained him then that would imply ouroboros training would spawn an entire army of Loewe's). He gets his ass kicked in the arena but no he was holding back y'know. He gets his ass kicked during the coup but dude he was totally holding back mang the fight is meaningless dude. He almost destroys BUT NO MAN HIS POWER OF WILL IS SO GOOD HE MANAGED TO REIGN IN THE DRAGON DUDE. Joshua gets the better on the glorious BUT WHAT ARE YOU RETARDED HE COULD HAVE TOTALLY KILLED US BOTH IN AN INSTANT BEFORE GOING TO SEE TO THE BOMBS. He shoots down the arseille, but the Loewe Fanclub says he probably aimed for the engines because he really doesn't see you as a threat bruh.
Gets his ass kicked at the top of the Liberl Ark, fuck you he's still standing and can still give Joshua a run for his money while being supposedly injured.
The reasons why I don't think Loewe is an outright shit character is because
>They actually managed to make him an ingame threat, which is a lot more than I can say for the rest of the ouroboros crew

I like Renne a lot, but she was never really sweet. To be honest she's kind of a brat.

Half the powerhouse characters in Trails are strong because of "training." Like all the high ranking Jeagars, for starters. These characters are stated to be on par with all the other badasses. Not everyone is an eight leaves student.

Lowe also trained directly under Arianrhod, one of the strongest people in the setting. So honestly I don't see how he isn't any less justified than any strong character who studied under another strong character.

Under who?

A woman who'll shove a lance up your ass so hard your unborn great grandchildren will get raped.

Oh the lance maiden ghost(?) from the haunted castle from Legram? She's ouroboros too?

And this is why you should look around more before trying to show off how much you think you understand.

Good.

Ys VIII won the User's Choice award at the 2017 Playstation Awards.

Arianrhod is the strongest fighter in Ouroboros, and considered the strongest person on the continent. She is so strong that her only equal is thought to be Carnelia.

Loewe was so strong that McBurn considered him a rival. Arianrhod trained Loewe (and to a lesser extent, McBurn) personally, and she believed that Loewe had the potential to surpass her one day.

Can rean fug her?

Never claimed to have played every Trails game. But come on, Loewe's been dead for two arcs now.

Disregard what I've said, I've just only connected that final spoiler to that one door in The 3rd.

Zwei 1 is getting an english release it seems like
twitch.tv/xseed_games

Whats your final verdict on the sky trilogy?

Fuck yes.

store.steampowered.com/app/427680/Zwei_The_Arges_Adventure/

Zwei II looks fun, but while watcing XSEED's Zwei 1 announcement stream, I see they're kinda getting meme-y with this shit. Is Zwei 2 meme'd up at all?

If so, is there a fan translation?

It isn’t meme-y.

thanks for letting me know. I'm already in the starting steps of learning Nip anyway.

By starting steps I mean today's really the first day. getting my a, i, e, u, o's down for hiragana.

I'm a couple weeks in and I pretty much have hiragana memorized and I'm starting on Katakana now. I use an android app that just lets me drill kana while on the subway/bus whatever.

oh nice. What's the app i'll have to see if there's an iOS version…

I need to pop by the nip learning thread too still.

It's just called "Kanji Study" there is apparently an IOS version but he said it's really out of date because he was too frustrated working with IOS.

i can't blame him in the least. As soon as my contract is up or if this piece of shit tanks on me i'm getting an android. I'm gonna be getting an android tablet soon as well anyway, so I'm sure i could use that at least.

You can get memrise for IOS I was using that for a while. The problem with it though is it focuses more on vocabulary and phrases. Which would be okay for like a trip to japan. However the kana and kanji don't stick in your brain properly with how it works. I probably will move back to it eventually though probably when I start trying to learn actual kanji.

They should have said Q1 2018, I though it was gonna be not until the end of next year until they said otherwise on the stream

Neat, hopefully I get around to actually playing Zweii II before then now.

Actually, I see what he means by memes in Zwei 1.

yeah. Tom admitted he had a lot of "fun" doing Pokkle's translation because of all the puns n shit. But I'm not gonna bother with Zwei 1 if it's full of memes like that.

But at least Zwei 2 isn't like that from what 670cd8 told me

archive.is/O8n47

What the fuck?

Welp. time to kill myself.

Disappointing. Judging from the article they based a lot of their decision in Nisa's ability to breach into the european market especially the french. So basically it seems to me like they don't give much of a shit that the english was fucked up because lol europe money.

Time to look for japanese teaching schools near my house!

Part of me wants to hope that this interview was done prior to NISA's fuckup with VIII, but the more likely scenario is that Kondo didn't get the fucking message. This is honestly making my thoughts to drop out of gaming (specifically buying any new games on either side) all the more convincing. Other hobbies, interests, and goals are starting to be more appealing and fulfilling anyways (and make me more prepared for when SHTF in reality), and these letdowns are becoming more and more common.

Look at it this way, you can finally work on your backlog if there isnt any good current year vidya.

I've already dropped out of paying for gaming. There's no reason to support a corporation today that will betray you tomorrow. That stupid fucking Batman quote comes to mind.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Fucking hell, am I going to have to give up Falcom games now to.

It's Ogre

More or less my plan. Got enough games on multiple platforms and generations to last a lifetime. Already played a couple Ys games.

Agreed. Shows what I get for thinking there was still one company I wanted to support

If Falcom keeps going with NISA Even to the point of having CS3, it's looking to be the case.

After thinking about it some more, I'm not gonna go full gloom yet, despite my earlier reaction.

I'm just going to wait and see what happens, and then decide then. Maybe they'll still allow XSeed to translate and publish in America, and allow NISA to publish in Europe.

If not, well shit.

I fucking told you Kondo was a fucking cuckold.

No, you didn't.

Just learn Japanese. You will continue to be betrayed as long as you rely on translations. If it's not NISA fucking up, it will be XSEED meming up, or some goon fan translator changing shit.

Yes I did. I told you all he's friends with NIS' CEO. No it's very clear that Kondo lets the man fuck his wife while he signs over games to NISA

Hope has been restored.

It's not worth it. It's as if you think Japan didn't give them the go ahead to do so. Even Japan will betray you. Everyone will betray you if you live long enough.

I would never betray you, user.

you do know that the fucking nips will go full non important if the companies censor their games right?

Eh?
Oh but it won't be "censorship" user. It will just be "helpful suggestions" on how to make it so that it will be easier to localize. :^) Also, changing things at the source means that even nip consumers won't know their shit's been tampered with.

Godly trips of hope restoration.

Those trips make me want to hope again please let this article be damage control by NISA

Not by NISA, but for NISA. She writes or Rock Paper Shootgays.

they go full autistic, in a cartoon, one of the waifus had a previous boyfriend, making all the otakus to destroy the shit they bought from the IP and forcing the company to go full damage control and shit like that.
so i guess there is nothing to worry about, my friend :^)

Ah, so damage control. How far will these apologists go.

But this is ruining new waifus they yet to have autistic attachment to yet.

You fucking retards

Did you not see the "this interview was from before the game's release" part?

That means these comments are meaningless. This interview was just PR, and it was pre-fuck up too. What you really should be asking is why this journo would drudge up an old interview to shill NISA now when there should be no relevance. It sounds like collusion to me.

In any case

This interview is old even if the article is new, the Journo is bullshitting

s..sorry user. my emotions clouded my investigation

There's definitely something going on for her to try to pull this shit out now. Just, what, a day or two after Alan Costa's interview stating he has no idea how they managed to fuck Ys 8 up as bad as they did?

Damage control, it seems like.

but muh french shekels!

Apologies on my front for jumping the gun, but I'm glad I was wrong in my assumption. Perhaps Falcom will surprise us in either giving XSEED the rights to make a director's cut of VIII after NISA's re-translation will most likely fail, or maybe Falcom will pull a Nepdev and this will make them make an international branch of their own (more likely the XSEED scenario).

I highly doubt it, odds are they are just going to do their own damn translations because they cant trust other idiots to do it. And maybe just maybe hire some gayins to do some PR for their games.

Spike Chunsoft announced they’re making their own localization branch meaning NISA lost one of their biggest money makers. They’re going to try to aggressively go for anything they can at this point. Just gotta hope Falcom learned their lesson.

I'd hope this entire fiasco alerted more Jap devs to this bullshit. Seeing as they've apparently just recently learned there's a market for noncucked Jap games I suspect NISA will probably last a few more years before "restructuring" into just NIS's global "brand" just for their own shit. Which, as I understand, has been going downhill since they tried to fire and rehire the people who made their good shit to avoid pay raises

The talent at NIS mostly moved to Compile Heart iirc.

Not surprising, NIS is literally the most Jewish Nip dev to ever exist.

I'm just waiting for a console to do something retarded like skip traditional publishers entirely and get shit directly from devs to the platform instead of going through three tiers of "publishers".

Its called a computer

I'm not sure how to feel about that. That compile heart is somehow better?

NISA is incredibly desperate to hold on to popular franchises. Why?

Because they just lost Danganronpa.

spike-chunsoft.co.jp/pr/17_1201.pdf

archive.is/t3q7Y

Except Nip devs only recently started releasing on PC and it tends to be Western/EU releases only, JP region is still locked out. As long as that continues PC will be considered second class/port your game a year later status.

The only real "problem" I think Compile Heart has is they tend to find a working "formula" and do it to death very rapidly. The games themselves are fun but it's 75% the same sort of gameplay between each release.

Now all they need to do is staff it with people who aren't
Because that is the entire issue most (((localization))) companies have, the executives don't give a shit how much fans hate something as long as they get money.

I'm just saying that it could have already happened if not for consumer brand loyalty.

Did you consider that NISA's fuckup of Ys might have influenced that decision? It doesn't matter how desperate they are. They broke a deal with Falcom and cost them money with their fuckup. That's not something easily forgotten.

No, I think someone mentioned several threads back (so several weeks ago) that NISA is hemorrhaging IPs, Danganronpa being one of them.

Fucking fantastic that was their big money making brand right now.

It was a really fucking smart decision to throw Ys8 under the bus and put all their focus and attention into Danganronpa.

Nah, SpikeChun have been pushing their games on PC by themselves here recently. The DR ports weren’t done by NISA, so they’ve been distancing themselves from them for some time. This is just the final nail in that coffin to confirm suspicions of that.

So I'm installing zwei right now. Regarding the undub in the OP, are those dummy files relevant to the zwei undub too or only for cold steel?

I don't remember if Zwei had extra english voicelines recorded, but you can just delete them if they're present, since the engine ignores audio files it can't find.

The dummy files are for Cold Steel.

it did

Another Journo is using the old interview to shill NISA.

Someone should look into him.

archive.is/G40kW

Okay where the fuck can you get a download of Brandish 2 Renewal?
pc98.org doesn't have it, Falcom only sells the original version not the renewal version which the patch only works for and search engines only give results for the SNES version.
Why the fuck would you even bother translating a game when it's so impossible to fucking find?

C'mon guys, NISA isn't that bad and XSEED isn't that good, plis NISA publishes games in NA and Europe and to more languages than just English and they have better marketing, meaning Falcom games would be better in their hands.

Why don't you just let us work on falcom games? It's for your own good goy- guys.

For what fucking purpose?
If you like vidya you fucking learn english.

don't say that, it will cause a bunch of autistic baguettes to come here to shill NISA because since France is going to shit they have to ruin video games for everyone.

Japanese media is quite popular in France and has been for a long time (some manga volumes sell over one million copies there), and apparently so do Japanese videogames, to the point Kondo felt he should specifically market Falcom games to the French. The thing is that the French are notoriously inept when it comes to their skill in the English language, partially because most imported media into France is translated to French instead of English like in most other countries so most people don't learn English through foreign media like most civilized people do, and because of the age old French-British rivalry, most frogs feel like there's no use in learning the English language anyways. The French outright refuse to speak English. It's in their genes. The Japanese language barrier for us is the English language barrier for the French, except in their case it's not that they can't learn Japanese or English, they just refuse to.

It's very sickening, really. Germans cannot into English. Spanish cannot into English. Hungarians, Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Romanians, all these garbage countries can only their own language.
I tell you, there is one way to make the French speak English. Go to France and say: "You know, this city sure looked better during the occupation!"

Here's the thing in France there's a shitton of weebs and apparently it's the 2nd consumer of anime shit and since frenchies can't fucking speak english even if their life depended on it, they translate it in french for their important shekels.

Of fucking course, the only other European subhumans more inept than a Frog at other languages are Spics, but at least Frogs have the excuse of still holding a National atachment since their language was the universal diplomatic language up until the 60s, spics literally have no fucking excuse.
I thought that was Germany

think again

user, I don't mean to burst your bubble but
I love English but come on, you're just making yourself seem ignorant.

I like it. It's nothing special in concept but the way the characters are and their interactions is pretty A+, especially since you can follow the stories of a bunch of NPCs because of how much their dialogs change.
FC I wasn't too sold on and the final dungeon was a bore, but the cliffhanger really hit hard and made me want to check out SC. SC was a nice ride outside of a certain few gripes here and there(mostly relating to keep and reload an earlier save at the start of chapters in order to not miss BP).
The 3rd I really liked mainly because richard is fuckin' sweet and exploring all these characters and their backstories and where they are now is a really, really nice touch that I hope would be present for at least one of the Crossbell, Erbonia or calvard arcs.

Gameplaywise it's another story. It's mostly servicable, with a bit of ups when the game decides to really kick your ass with difficult bosses, but also its downs when the entire difficulty of a boss is them doing their S-break at the start of a fight, and said s-break may cause faint or instant k-o, and also said boss might have goons that can cause you petrify. The 3rd is also pretty broken in terms of balance(Tita and Richard) and at times during both SC and the 3rd I felt there was an overabundance of needing to keep a shield up on all characters.
Also Cassius Bright crashed my game thrice in both his fights. Fuck you Cassius.

You don't understand user, to understand you must deal and visit those countries directly Germany, Italy and even slavs at least make an attempt, these snobby fucks don't even try to understand and some even make it more difficulty out of pride alone and if needed will even stop communication at will and turn their backs at you instead of trying to find someone who can understand or even help you.
Spics and Frogs are completely fucking inept at anything thats not their native language, I mean anything, they can't even understand each others accents and will do the same I described with their own countrymen.
Its that bad, its like a fucking hugbox where anything outside the same speech patterns is haram.

Don't worry, when the muslims soon take over france they'll make video games illegal. Then we all won't have to worry about japanese games getting ruined because a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys

>Cassius is so powerful he breaks the fourth wall and beats the player themselves
Sounds about right

Renne turns into an adorable big sis in Zero no kiseki. Her acting as a brat is really an act. A coping mechanism.

That's why people need to play all the games, characters do change over the course of the story.

Renne's arc in Zero was heart wrenching. I remember getting a friend into these games. And she adored Renne, and was heartbroken when she found out what happened to her.

She played the draft fan translation of Zero and repeatedly wished Renne would kill the Hayworths, Because the way Renne told the story, her parents gave her up to be abused. And at the end of her arc, my friend was in tiers and basically begging Renne to reveal herself to her parents.

I'd love to play crossbell but I'm waiting for the good translation. If it were a Ys game I wouldn't really give a shit and halfass my way through menus and whatnot.

Sadly a lot of my Euro brethren refuse to give up their culture and language.

Something I as a Dutchman have no problem with whatsoever. I'd put my language on eBay if anyone would buy it.

Yeah it was a real shock for me too. Nothing was ever hinted at anything evil. And then BAM evil child molesters.

I hate evil child molesters, lolis are not for sexual.

I played Zero, user, but you have to remember that's post-character development. In SC she does act like a brat at times, even if her attitude makes sense given her past. She still wasn't really sweet in SC. She had to go through character development first.

I started Ch3 in CS1, and I'd like to ask how big/long is this game in relation to TitS titles?

I'd say on average CS1 takes most people 70-75 hours. However, if you like to stop and smell the roses and talk to a lot of npcs you can easily add over ten hours to that.

That's probably like twice for me, actually. So about the lenght of 3rd maybe, from the sounds of it.

This was a total pain in the ass to find but enjoy: prepatched Brandish 2 Renewal mediafire.com/file/gg8trryn3tl1s7h/Brandish_2_Renewal_(FD_version).7z

I'm gonna find you and suck your dick.

Thanks user.

Wait did you really take that long with 3rd? I always found it shorter due to lack of NPCs to talk to.

I was thinking about getting Tokyo Xanadu eX+ since is about to come out but i've heard the translation is bad, but how bad it really is ? is it ys viii level or even worse ?

Well fukkleducks. Are you actually going to show them some grati-diddly-tude?

Fukkleducks.

I've heard it's as bad as Ys 8. Nom nom nom.

I don't know about that bad.

But it hella gets me in the feels.

It actually has coherent sentence stricture and some of the subtle references to previous falcom games are untouched unlike Ys VIII. The problem is aksys went to full "flavor" town with some of the dialogue and you can really tell they had multiple people working on different parts of the game with different parts of the script.

It's really painful with you play a part of the game and you can tell the person working on this section wanted to do a good job and handle the game seriously, only to have the next part of the game go full retard with dialogue rewrites.

I'd say pirate it, or way for a heavy steam sale.

Well fuck, just can't have nice things.
Any chance they fix some translation in ex+ ?

Doesn't seem likely. The game isn't as popular as Legend of Heroes or Ys so there probably won't be any fans to rush out an fix it like they did for Ys VIII

I think Aksys went full on cower mode when Ys 8 released. They already had people calling them out for their shoddy work on twitter, so them seeing the NISA shitstorm put them on edge and I think they did say they were redoing some of the translation when they announced the eX+ release date.

SOURCE
Like hell am I going to start hoping without something to back that up.

Seconding for gibs source. I'd hope they'd get the people in Aksys that actually care to fix the meme mess. As another poster said above it's really jarring moving between sections that were done NISA-tier versus someone that somewhat cares.

It seems I was talking out of my ass, anons. I’m sorry. I could have sworn something was said somewhere but I can’t find anything.

t..that's ok user. I..I forgive you

Towa.

~170 hours because I was adamant on farming out all the gear in Abyss I gave up farming Quinty Ribbon +1, got it in the final dungeon anyway

SC took a lot more than that, because yes, I was talking to every NPC at all times.

I think the best way to handle it is wait a bit for people to confirm if the translation is the same or not and if you're going for the PC version if that port is bad. I'm really sorry if I put some hope in your heart, user.

Do not lewd the Towa. Even though she needs a pretty big hug after everything that's happened but do go on

Its the kind of translation that made cannibals attack Cook's expedition.

Next time might as well let Falcom translate it themselves.

Honestly Falcom making Falcom USA would be fine in my book. Hopefully the Trails team from XSeed would be picked up by them.

They don't even have to take the trails team, just contract them to overview the script on the first few games for the newly established Falcom USA.
Falcom USA learns what the fans want plus can focus on the newer games, then falcom can still contract xseed out to port older games/localize smaller titles.
Everyone wins in the end; Falcom gets more games out in the west faster without having to spread them across so many companies, Xseed still can work on Falcom games and fans have a new western branch that has direct contact to the japanese branch just like what happened to Idea Factory.

Isn't XSEED technically already acquired by another dev? Marvelous?

Yeah, XSEED has been a subsidiary of Marvelous and their predecessors since 2007 but they also do localization/publishing for other devs for NA

Yeah, Marvelous owns XSeed. XSeed generally have a small degree of autonomy.

That's what I thought. And though this doesn't stop them from localizing for other devs, it would pretty much be a roadblock from forming that kind of (ideal) partnership (with Falcom), right?

A Falcom USA could just head hunt away the folks from XSEED.

I'm pretty sure Brittany would jump to the Falcom ship.

That is basically what I'm suggesting. The team that worked on trails would simply get hired by another company and bring their big continuity book with them

I feel way too confusing

XSEED won't die because they lose their Falcom translators and don't localize Falcom games anymore, they have steady work as the US branch of Marvelous.

I bet people would be sad if Falcom translators from XSeed jumped to Falcom USA, leaving franchises like Senran Kagura to newer people who'll probably oppose the shit out of Tom.

Zerker confirms that Zero is 50% complete.

Isn't Tom the thing that keeps Xseed from going full socjus?

Yes. He's a bit of an SJW-lite in that he dislikes what Senran Kagura does, but still keeps them uncensored as best as he could.

Wow. A whole 10% in like five months.

I don't recall him ever bagging on Senran. He says other dumb liberal things, but I don't recall him ever shitting on Senran.

That’s a hell of a lot more than what Guan and Floofy would manage to put out by the end of the year, to be frank.

Yeah, that's just because they don't really work on it.

He didn't shit on it directly or brutally but I think in one of his neogaf posts I think he did say that he dislikes it.

archive.is/Rcd5o#selection-1479.1-1479.411

He just says they wish they could also release more "progressive" titles.

Maybe the people at Xseed just find Senran not intellectually stimulating?

If I were a translator I'd rather work on something good.

It's okay for someone to think something is fucking shit. Just so long as that person is also professional enough to still do it and do it well.

Like that guy who did count Dokuu in Star Wars also did Shakespeare in theaters.

I don't hate him at all. I just kinda have this respect for him because he fights censorship while holding "progressive" views.

Honestly the fact that Tom takes his job seriously while not liking the content is probably one of the main reasons I trust him.

Exactly I won't hate someone for not liking a thing I like. I just want them to take their job seriously and do the best job they can. In fact I'd rather have someone who hates anime tits and does a good job over someone who honestly loves it. Then uses it as a tool to promote their political views, or even as a writing resume.

Do not lewd the lolis

They're probably not lolis anymore. Or at least, won't be

Can I get a link to the subbed second season of the Falcom Academy shorts?

They're not.

I feel a combination of sadness and pride

It's good to see Renne be alright.

I had a dream last night that the Hayworths were celebrating Christmas, and somehow Renne got a picture of them with the tree. There was a gift with her name on it.

Honestly I wonder how Cassius and Renne get along.

Cassius probably insists that Renne calls him "Grandpa", but Renne adamantly refuses.

I'm guessing how he initially got along with Joshua.

One day for Xanadu ex+
Hows the reworked translation?

When did they confirm that?

I guess I mixed it up with Ys8
But I was sure I read something about ex+ translation being reworked due to that fucking mess scaring Aksys.

AGATE SENSEI I'M LEGAL NOW

I really hope that they continue to have a brother/sister relationship, honestly. I was charmed by how they grew closer together throughout Sky, with Agate talking about his little sister to her.

I thought Joshua/Estelle was great, and then I got initially annoyed by Elise crushing so badly on Rean, because I thought they were going to do the same thing again. But I was thankful that she doesn't even have any events and it doesn't go that way.

Tom is basically replacing Japanese puns with English puns, that shit doesn't translate well into Enlgish if you keep it literal.

mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g!HQRh0abA

What you're looking for is "Brandish 2 Renewal (FD Version) [HD]".

Sharon seems like the kind of maid that would go into Rean's room uninvited at night and help him unload pent up stress.

Apparently EX+ did get translation fixes and is planning to get more fixes patched in according to the guy who reviewed it on Dualshockers. I have no idea what, if anything, was fixed though. Would be nice to see some examples. Aksys is kind of all over the place but it's possible for them to put out something decent right?

What's the benefit of leveling down in Xanadu Next? I'm right at the end and got all the guardians.
Should I level down a bunch and regrind with Bel Freud for extra Attribute points?

Yes, but max out Bel Freud first.
Getting back to you previous strength doesn't take too long, because you can use better equipment to level up faster by fighting stronger enemies and you get stronger faster thanks to the extra attribute points.

What's the max level for Bel? Is it a full 10 like almost everything else or is it lower like Zwerg?

If i remember correctly, Bels max level is 3, which means that you get 9 attribute points instead of 6.

In CS3 Agate behaves like he always does, but as usual Tita seems to have a crush and every other person teases them about it. There's a point where Randy, To and Fie all bully them are once.

Excellent, that's the exact amount of those guardian level up statues I left untouched. Thanks

How do I fellate anyone who does shit translations harder because they do JP voices?

Sure it is possible but Tokyo Xanadu is a game that has no fan base and isn't going to set the charts on fire. It seems to be a fire and forget release.

Also all the Vita DLC are still priced on PSN. So fukkleducking amazing, Aksys.

People are reporting that the PC port is fine and the tl has been fixed.

MAYBE Aksys delivered this time.

I was sure I read somewhere they announced they were fixing the TL for ex+, I just can't find a damn source.

Just gotta see screenshots comparing the two versions for confirmation.

If the NISA debacle made them go "oh shit" and get their half-decent translators to pick it up then something good came from everything. I'd actually consider buying Tokyo Xanadu in that case which is more then I could say before, it never really looking interesting to me.

I was really interested in it until the screenshots of Aksys' translation comes out.

The way this faggot constantly bitches about xseed I assume they raped him and his family.

I'm gonna need screenshots, if it changed I'll actually consider picking it up.

XSEED isn't that good but they still aren't the total liquid ass that NISA is.

I'm convinced NISA pays him to shill.

Worse; He's french. He does it for free.

Also I just checked PSN and:

proof? and maybe a comparison

Do I have to know anything about Tokyo Xanadu eX+ or is it not a sequel?

It’s just an enhanced version of base TX.

Same game but with more events, more story, more lore, more character development and extra content in the ending.
Basically it's the superior version.

play on calamity and don't use healing items
tbh the game will still be pretty easy

Ex+ was announcing a lot time ago, learn to google

Was this a known bug in the Japanese version or did NISA fuck me?

NISA fucked you. You better not have actually given them money.

If NISA get Cold Steel 3 I'll bomb their offices.

New bread