Tribes: Royal

smitedatamining.com/hi-rezs-trademark-update-tribes-royale-and-smite-blitz/
Please dear god don't let this be a Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Clone.

Other urls found in this thread:

tribesnext.com/
t2forums.com/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just want to go fast

Fast doesn't make money any more user. Look at the most popular FPS and you will see they are all slow.

Whoever wished for another Tribes game deserves to be set on fire. Better the series dies then get raped like this.

How many years has it been now, that the people who genuinely love videogames desperately wish for them to never get sequels or remakes, because developers are no longer capable of making a game as good as the ones made over a decade ago?

Tribes was only good because it designed the netcode with modems in mind and as a result was actually playable online.

dial up modems

Fucking Hi-Rez killed their golden goose because they wanted to chase after League of Legends and DOTA 2. Now they want to re-animate the corpse to chase after PUBG? Fucking disgraceful. Bet it will have loot boxes too.

I'm not even against trying out the Tribes formula in a Battle Royale format, it could be cool, but no way in hell does Hi-Rez deserve our trust at this point.

about 5-6 years, I've felt like this. With movies, even longer.

They are just going to remake Starsiege

Shit I just realized they also made Paladins to chase after the Overwatch crowd too right? Someone stage an intervention already, they need to stop chasing the dragon.

Man, this is just the year of the monkey's paw.

Why did they add all that stupid shit that killed their game?

Paladins was originally a very different game too, they overhauled it into an Overwatch clone with a little bit more of a strategic edge over the course of transition from closed to open beta period.

WELP, BACK TO TRIBES 2

Speaking of, HiRez actually caught the dragon on that one. It's consistently in the top five f2p games on steam, and it has a more successful esports scene than Overmeme.

Vengeance was the best Tribes game
the Tribes fanbase was worse for Tribes than HiRez

I never left.

They also caught the dragon on Tribes: Ascend, does that mean they'll stop?

Of course not. I fully expect Paladins to stop receiving updates by the midpoint of next year.

WHO KEEPS USING THE DAMN MONKEY PAW?

Renegades was peak tribes

It could be worse, I guess?

It's hilarious to see how hirez jumps on every single shitty mainstream trend, and then makes it to the market late. First it was MOBAs, then hero shooters, now it's Battle Royale. What's going to be next? Card games?

We could be hunting down glitches in Hercs but oh, no! Let's hop around like monkeys without trees some more!

I never got into tribes but am curious if it's possible. Is there a multiplayer scene? I wanna go fast and fall with style. Some user tell me about Tribes.

Webm related

You rang?

Jesus fucking Christ, and its Tribes. Pray to the fucking maker that its some shitty mobile game.

tribesnext.com/
t2forums.com/index.php

Small, but stable, playerbase. Either play on SNAP LAK PUB or Snap Crackle Pub. LAK (game type, basically smear the queer) usually changes to CTF game once enough people join.

I made a new system and don't currently have a clientt- last time I cared Holla Forums was into ?utorrent? or ?bittorrent? but I'm pretty sure those are hated now so what do anons use?

Deluge is pretty good.

Christ, HiRez needs to stop hiring sub-50 IQ monkeys that have one-year latency on their synapses.
How many times has it happened now? At this point they're a study on how not to join the bandwagon.

qbittorrent

So that user finally finished his video? Good, I have been wanting someone to call Hirez on their bullshit and people need to know what happened.

I like Deluge, thanks.
I better get singles this time or we about to have a dubs thread on our hands.

YOU WILL NOT TOY WITH ME ANY LONGER HIREZ

I really miss Renegades ;-;

I put 200+$ in tribes ascend, the game has been shit ever since they removed the classes, any future title is gonna be shit too

hopefully not tho

I want to get into Tribes. Are any of the games alive still? Or am I fucked?

Everybody who have an interest in tribes are fucked as the games are mostly dead (and had a really tiny playerbase to begin with).

The fact is its a great concept for a game but its too niche to make money off of it so I'd say most of us are fucked.

What is PUBG's gameplay? I really don't want to coat the cancer with cancer of commentary looking it up.

Would Holla Forums support it if it turned out to be good?

From what I've seen you and 99 other players get to drop out of an airplane, choose your landing zone and start looking for weapons, ammo and equipment. You can play in solo (FFA), duos or in squads of 4. The objective is to kill everyone else. The map has a forcefield that gets smaller every few minutes. If you're outside the forcefield you take damage. The smaller the field, the more damaging it is. Eventually the play area gets so small that the final few players murder eachother until one player/team wins.

It looks fun for a bit but I don't understand how people like it so much. The loot drops are RNG as fuck, the "tactical" gameplay looks shallow, the god damned third person camera makes corner-camping a default strategy and the devs are cunts that ban people if streamers accuse them of streamsniping. Also, there's loot boxes now apparently so it's an even bigger shitshow. Sure the drops are cosmetic only but this is one game where camouflage is actually useful.

Was many SJW were there to make this seem

Hasn't that been a mod for ARMA for years and years without any Fee to Play bullshit?

seem like a sane idea

There's a 1st person mode. It's an all or nothing, so every player is in 1st person.

Playerunknown made the mod and then decided to make the game so he could get shekels for it. It's like DayZ all over again.

Well that's good to know. I guess I can't really hold it against the game unless they force 3rd person in a tournament or something. That would be bullshit.

Also, yeah. Looking at the steam page for Ascend it looks like they even made it harder for people to register to play. It seems like Hirez really hated their player base and their game.
I guess all I can do is wait for Midair to come out. It seems like it doesn't have a lot of players though. I really hope it's not dead on arrival.

I knew the other stuff but that's atrocious.

Fucking bump was midair a failure?

How hard is it to set up a Tribes or Midair server?
If I had decent internet, I'd do it myself, but as it is, I can probably download Starsiege by some time tomorrow.

It's not open beta yet.

I am not hype but I will put a bit of hope that Hirez learned from their failures

No they dont