Forgotten/Forgettable Games

I remember when these threads were mostly about generic Modern Warfare clones from arround 2007 to 2011 and now we are far enough into the future to undig the generic zombie streamer bait games.

Was this thing good? i cant remember

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This was one of the few decent zombie games that came arround that era.

I could go on, but nah that shit was awful.

Dead State did horribly AFAIK and the company that made them makes shitty VNs now

Dead State is average, not bad not great either.

It does have some interesting things like survivors making factions (scripted) and having to please said factions in important stuff like "do we give these bikers the bitch they ask so they might stop harassing us or do we kill them because we dont give up our people?".

yeah but in any game ever with a decision like that the developers do everything they can to fuck you over if you do the smart thing and give the bitch up instead of letting half your crew die protecting the worthless cunt.

The only user that i remember talking about this game is myself.

you mean that governor woman that wanted that only cops handle the guns? remember that she just presented herself at the city hall, you did a mission for one of her cops and later the city hall got overrun whit zombies, there was not much depth in the factions, even the rednecks got more protagonism, above all things, you could have bitched about the zombies that spawn from the bushes and blindspots, like tight behind you.

still better than every other zombie survival game

I played some of that, I remember it being a pretty standard fps with vehicles.

Actually if my memory serves well giving her up is the easiest way to deal with the situation unless her faction is the biggest in the shelter.

Assaulting the bikers main base is really hard, letting them live makes them come some time later asking for tribute (which isnt hard to pay) and a second time when they become hostile (but since you dont need to go after their base its not really a big deal).

:^)

Every time

Who?

Also Known as Arma 1.

Get out. ArmA 1 was forgettable I'll admit that.

After Montignac was a stupidly fun mission

A very fun game that I loved dicking around in stacking tanks and orbital dropping on enemies

I loved it but everyone forgot about it lol.

Noice

Fuck off.

Nope. Easier to just give the bitch up and turn her into their cum bucket. The game is made by Troika vets.

wat?

The conduit

haven't heard a soul mutter the name of this game in years. Shit came and went like it was nothing.

Runners=/=Specials dipshit

It's only got one Troika vet I'm aware of, granted he was a writer so that's good, but he's also working with his hyphenated-last-name Wife and now they're making weird VN shit which she seems to be the spearhead of so…

Bethestards stick out like a sore thumb on this website.

Neither can I remember her name nor can I remember her game.
Only the Ass.
What was it called again?

if you think that's what he's saying you are a retard and a cancer to discourse

It was boring as hell, ugly, and clunky as fuck to play. It played like some obscure slav game but without any of the charm to make up for the shitty hackjob.

This was also shit due to a REALLY stupid basic design decision. They made this story based and forced you to move on with a story instead of making it a sandbox like it should have been. The game had great potential as a sandbox, but they ACTIVELY discouraged you from having fun.

Don't forget how it was real time, even when you weren't in the game, so if you didn't play it for a week you'd come back and find out all your food had spoiled.

The only part I remember is the helicopter part and the part about hillbillies. Shit was only like 4 hours long though and the shooting was garbage.

Jesus, I didn't even know about that. I still want a more polished clone of Fort Zombie, I loved that game.

It was also obscenely expensive to make. Also, the plot was dumber than the plot in CoD games, and that's saying something. Why they constantly try to copy Call of Duty when people already have and play Call of Duty is beyond me.

I'm getting pissed just reading that. On what possible planet would that ever, EVER be considered an acceptable design decision?

Kojima might have loved it.

I really liked the trailer.

So enlighten me to what he's saying then, nigger. He hasn't replied to the contrary so it's a good thing you can read his fucking mind.

oh boy am I triggered

But when they showed up, all I could think of was "Oh good, someone rolled up to my doorstep to tell me where their resources are stashed at". The bikers were not very smart people and I had enough resources to last me another apocalypse soon after. Intimidation tactics doesn't really work when my entire compound isn't filled with tumblrites.

It was called Walking and Ass: The Game

Oh cool dead state, there is a reason it was forgotten, fucking sjws tainted it.

And the greatest part is this image is offical artwork for the game, just take a good look at it

Would work for a mobile game

zombie apocalypse: protect the tards and shiet

shouldn't you be trying to point out everyone who disagrees with you is from neofag or something? But fine, if you want to be retarded here it is:
there, neck yourself please retard

So you're retarded then?
And you don't know shit to boot. Calm your retard rage, sorry I pointed out that Wasteland 2 isn't a Fallout successor by any measure.

Also
Sounds like it wasn't a joke, sounds like according to you my statement was dead on point out that he was conflating classic fallout with the modern trash that was Wasteland 2… As you are. Seems like you're the retarded one here champ.

To Be Fair, You Have To Have a Very High IQ to Understand Fallout.
good reading comprehension

So much wasted potential. I really wanted to like that game…

It was doomed from the start, same happened with killzone.

I would like you to show me where they said this. Last I checked they said it was from the original WASTELAND creator, and had dick all to do with anyone who worked on Fallout. Wasteland, by the way, has very little to do with Fallout other than setting. I love how you're getting more and more outraged and over the top with your strawmen and end up saying things that are just outright wrong.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the way they advertised the game as akin to classic fallout was retarded, but to now say "Classic fallout was never good because this game that plays and acts nothing like it is bad! PROVEN! FALLOUT FAGS ARE GAY!!! LOL!!" I mean you're basically buying their advertising and claiming it's the truth which makes you just as retarded as the fags who bought the hype and the game.

I played through almost all of it and I planned to finish, but I just got sick of it. That game was in desperate need of fast/auto movement, I had to get out my Vita every time my team moved from one side of a map to the other. Plus it had a really dissonant mix of forcing things to be dark (even to the point of being retarded) and going off in Fallout 2 lolrandom/meme directions.

shoulda just played some sayonara uhks+ or muramasa or shinobido 2 instead, if a game feels like work the game is just bad imo

m8 its time to calm down i dont even know what you're saying any more

If you can't read what I'm saying then maybe you need to calm down.

>He's a weeb and that's why he hates western rpgs.
Shocking. I would have never guessed.

you were off the tracks the moment you thought anyone said wasteland 2 is a fallout successor. the game was pitched as a game for fallout fans, and the kickstarter page mentions the fallout name 7 times.
kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2
if you think they weren't the target audience, not only are you wrong, but you might be retarded

lol

too bad it had leveled progression and broken matchmaking from a too small pool of players which made playing it a fucking joke since weapons are locked by higher levels you cant get to since you get stomped by those weapons

From what I heard, Dead State is a survival sim but the game ended up being too easy making all those hard choices unnecessary.

This basically. I send uncooperative cucks out to die being mauled by zombies while naked simulating an execution since the devs were too SJW to let me shoot my own people and every time some big bad came to threaten my compound all they're doing is telling me where more resources are at.

I never said that, once. If you would actually try and read this post instead of acting like a smug faggot you'll see me mocking their advertising campaign

Oh yeah, how about these:

Also:
Sad. I like Japanese shit but I don't let that stop me from enjoying good games made elsewhere.

Gonna need source on that comic

I want a game with the traditional concept of zombies: risen and controlled by voodoo sorcery, none of that viral shit.

user, don't you see? You're the big bad now.

No really a GAME per se but it's probably valid.

Talking about zombie games, there is one that i liked, even if it's a mobile game.

From what I know and read, wasteland was the first game on the genre of apocalypse setting (not counting "it came from the desert") the first Fallout was inspired by wasteland.
W2 it's W1 successor. Nothing to do with Fallout, cause W1&2 are team-based rpgs. F1, 2, 3 & 4 are char-based rpgs.
None of them are good if you can't enjoy them.

Rebuild 2 was a gorllion times better than this one

What Wasteland 2 desperately needed was modding support.Graphics may not be an important thing, but an aesthetic sure is, and Wasteland lacked either,and the Director' cut somehow made things worse.

None of the characters you could recruit were memorable or likeable enough to justify not giving you a ful set of custom made ones, but you could only fill the team with 4 out of 7.

Some desperate attempts were made to improve the gameplay by stat editing, but that's about it.

Yep, you've got all that right. Basically Wasteland's post-apocalyptic setting and that it's an RPG are all it and Fallout have in common. And for the record I like both series I just don't think judging old Fallout by Wasteland 2's failings is fair given, as you said, classic Fallout is a very different beast than the indie attempt to ape the genre (no matter how much the advertising tried to insist it was the same game).

Here’s one worth forgetting- Lone Survivor. I got it from a Bundle and played it for ten minutes. I think the screenshot says it all.

Also Atom Zombie Smasher from another bundle. Very forgettable tower defense.

Deadstate was coolish. But there were many SJW elements like some bitch asking for an abortion.

They never gave you options to say "I hate faggots" or "If you get an abortion I'll kill your husband and throw you outside the base" you could get some cool gear, but due to the way char building worked your character was either strong or good with guns not both.

I liked the concept for what it was worth, it was a neat base simulator in idea, badly executed. Game turned out to be 6-ish/10 at original release and it only got down to 3 when I realized I couldn't do like any ending but two because lol bugged. Good going, faggots.

Everytime I play Atom Zombie Smasher, I uninstall it after a few rounds due to rage.

I loved dicking around in these games until the devs refused to fix bugs and just focused on making as much money as possible before shelving them.

I genuinely blame shit like this for making MP games as disposable and temporary as they are now.

Chaser. I actually paid for the game, and I only vaguely recall it. There's this guy in a space station which is boarded by soldiers that kill everyone, he escapes to earth, then is forced to do hits for the chinese mafia or something like that. Very generic, and yet I think the action is not bad. I still intend to go back and finish it.

the PS3 release of Homefront was 600 megs, Brink on PS3 was about 500 megs.

Homefront on PS3 was entirely generic placeholder noises, textures, models and everything.