Changing genres

Here's a fun thing to imagine. Take a game and change its genre. How will the new game be like?

I remember Granblue Fantasy having Street-Fighting Ryu in as a wind-based fighter. hadouken!

Its shit.

first person Dawn Of War

Mortal Kombat RTS

Pokemon FPS

Elemental Ninjas vs Shaolin monk grunts fight!

Brutal Legend hack-n-slash.

Man that would be awesome. Too bad Boon would turn down any attempt to make his setting slightly comprehensible.

Idolm@ster Fighting game

Blazblue DMC style action game.
Kamen Rider Ninja Gaiden style action game.
Supreme Commander SWBattlefront style shooting game.

don't reply to this fucking thread it's so obvious at this point that fucking incompetent and uncreative fucks are here stealing ideas

Cooking Mama JRPG.

The Fighting Foodons rpg I will never get.
Honestly it seemed like a perfect fit, being able to craft your own monsters seems like a neat idea. I don't know why it never went anywhere.

Wasn't there a FPS based on the C&C setting?

Namco X Capcom RHYTHM GAME

Command and Conquer Renegade.

Kart Souls would be GOAT

OK I will share my dream game: I want Animal Crossing but with a passive adventure/detective element. It would include everything in normal AC but if a villager mentions their garden gnome was stolen, for example, you can investigate, talk to people, and deduce its location (Phoenix Wright style). No fancy effects to delineate the detective mode, it's just something you could do by talking to people or looking in the right places.

If you make a false accusation then your reputation in the village will quickly tank and you'll soon be a pariah, and it will be many lonely days of picking apples and doing stupid errands and favors before it improves. You must be confident in your conclusions or you'll mess up your save file and all the time you've put in. But if you are good, everyone will start to regard you highly and your reputation will grow (and villagers you catch will resent you). The others may even treat you as a Sherlock Holmes and consult you for big problems, like a fossil boosted from the museum.

Not all crimes will be solved, or sometimes you'll know who did it but they got away because of the real time clock. Because there's a whole game beside, you don't need to solve or bother with every one. The puzzles should be actually difficult not baby-tier thinking. Some will have false clues to frame people. You should have to rely on what you know from your many days walking the beat around town talking to people to have regular success.

Also there should be one really elaborate mystery of a big event from a long time ago that you can solve over the course of a year or two.

That actually sounds pretty cool. Really, Animal Crossing has always felt like a shell of a game (and I say this as somebody who loves Animal Crossing and owns every game in the series). The first one was fine because it was the advent of the series, but after that, it always felt like there was a lot more they could do with the series, like the games were a really good framework with a lot of cool aspects but missing the core fun that made it worth playing more than a week. Everything is so shallow in the game. Interacting with villagers becomes quickly obvious how few interactions you actually can have. Fishing and bug hunting is fun, but with no point past filling the museum and getting bells. Running errands is fucking terrible and boring. Keeping a perfect town gets you nothing interesting and quickly becomes a chore. The games would be great with more of a core game, or even multiple core games. Think if you had a mystery to solve and the game became that for just a few days, or if a villager is being bullied by other villagers and you have to find a way to resolve it. There are holidays, events, and the occasional tournament, but they are pretty few and far between, and most of them strongly resemble one-another and have no real point in actually taking part.

Hentai Bayonetta.
The gameplay would consist of licking her prolapse like a lollipop.

Same. I don't know how or why I've played so much of them. It's a very endearing, enjoyable shell. It just really needs meaningful interaction with the villagers. Everything is so… cosmetic.

Like, New Leaf makes you a mayor. Having a political office was a golden opportunity for gameplay. Find ways to flatter and appeal to your animals so you win annual elections or something. Have villagers ask for mutually opposing things and find ways to reconcile them. Spend bells to fix problems. Maybe you lose an election to Tom Nook and everything sucks, and the animals a few months later are contrite around you, and you have to win your spot back. It didn't need to be Tropico. It needed to be about talking to villagers, remembering what they say and like, and having your actions influence them. The series is so close to being great and keeps getting more and more mediocre.

Now there's a twist. Imagine if instead of Renegade they had stayed with the original design intent and we got a mech game instead.
I love Renegade, but the idea of Westwood in their prime taking a crack at a mech game makes me kind of tingly.

Stalker hack and slash.

Why did western Mech games have to die off after the 90's?

where's the webm for OP

cuhrayzee cooking game Devil Make Rice

Have Platinum make a Nintendogs game.

You're favourite RPG is now an FPS, therefore it's better.

Wouldn't that end up being furbait?

Yes and?

That's fine, but there's only so far you can go while having it still resemble Nintendogs.

I could see it. You are your dogs do kung fu and shit instead of the frisbee and agility challenges, and make everything else just about the same. Instead of buying toys you buy gear, you still take them on walks and wash them and stuff too. Fuck I really want this now.

Fox was already injured my "beartrap" and wouldn't survive. Its ok.

Looks like it was pretty quick anyway. It makes hunting look way easier to cope with mentally than vegans would have you think.

I honestly don't believe you could fit more reddit-tier faggotry into this sentence if you tried.

Diablo Fighting Game

Oh.
Oh I like this a lot.