FUN thread

So, Holla Forums, when was the last time you had FUN?

I just bought Strike Suit Infinity on the steam sale and it's fun as fuck.

This is all I've ever wanted from a space mecha game, and it's amazing.

torrent for you lazy fags
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b2fd033e83bc33b5f75aa1c0db28027b132ceb99&dn=Strike.Suit.Infinity-COGENT&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/1384/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks cool, I'll give it a spin.
Been having lots of fun with Nioh and R6S

I'v been playing Road Redemption, it finally came out of early access. It's a spiritual successor to Road Rash.
It's cool.

Last time I played it, it felt like heap of shit typial Unity game, a complete disgrace to Road Rash series. Is it any different now?

compared to how it was a year or so ago, It's far less rough around the edges now.
But I wouldn't know how it compares to road rash since I haven't played much of those games yet.

Then go get a Genesis and PSX emulators. Play Road Rash 1 and 3, then play Road Rash Jailbreak. Don't bother with the rest - the second is basically the same game as the first, Road Rash 3D is shittier version of Road Rash 3 except with fancier background animation, and Road Rash 64 is vastly shittier version of Road Rash Jailbreak.

Okay so I played it, and while it's in many ways NOT like Road Rash, it was fun, hovewer it does has flaws. Infinite riders are a nice addition, guns need to fuck off, rock paper scissors mechanics is superfluous since combat doesn't takes more than a second and you'll spend more time dicking around with the inventory. No option to attack barehanded is a downgrade. Blocking attacks instead of snatching enemy weapons is a downgrade. No attack variations and no combo attacks is a downgrade. Also all attacks are fucking slow, in Jailbreak you could perform the long-ass royal takedown in the amount of time it takes to swing a bat in this game. Grabbing enemies is an odd addition, doesn't feels very fun to use. The bikes except starter are weird and don't feel as fun, same with other riders. Also bikes handle like fucking shit and it feels like slowing down doesn't make it turn any sharper, and yet handbrake lets you basically turn on a dime, that's dumb. Mid-game upgrades is nice, sort of like bike shop in Sega games, permanent upgrades need to go, they don't even do much anyway. Also you can't do a wheelie to jump off of traffic, you can't oversteer and fall over, high-siding over an obstacle takes way too much speed and is inconsistent, and you don't bump over debris and fallen motorbikes and riders.

So as far as motorbike combat racing goes, Jailbreak is still my #1 pick. I would've backported the infinite bikes (you still get infinite cops in there though) to keep you busy after you overtake everyone, but otherwise that's a much better game.

Oh and I forgot to mention that putting in there defence riders that never fuck up their parry and gun riders that have infinite bullets were a major design mistake. Because it's a hassle to get rid of them and they will pester you to no end.

Earlier in the round, I was also constantly shooting the engi's teleporter entrance.

Strike Suit Zero/Infinity was fun
Just remember to stay the
FUCK
away from the "Director's Cut" and you're good

I was lucky this year, Nioh's PC port is mediocre at best and downright garbage at worst depending on your hardware configuration, but it's playable on my machine and the game is so goddamn fun that I can roll with the problems. Last game before this that gave me this feeling was EDF 4.1.

What's wrong with the Director's Cut?
It was advertised as extra missions and graphic upgrades, though I guess all >director's cut advertise themselves as such.

Playing dragon's dogma for the first time, comfy grinding and slamming monsters as a warrior is FUN. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing though

I have fun figuring out mechanics behind the death progression games (that's what I'm calling rogue-like games from now on).
Hollow Knight is a really comfy but also FUCKING INFURIATING metroid like game, it's a lot of fun exploring new areas and the limited mapping tools actually make it feel like an adventure.
I also recently figured out what sortie missions in Grindframe are actually about - it's not just min-maxing your gear, it's about reading the wiki, because the game fails to properly explain its own mechanics

typical, glad I haven't touched that game for years

cosmoteer got multiplayer recently and i've been perfecting ships for it for a bit. basically take the outline of some klingon ship, use it as a shape for a ship ingame and strap a ton of weapons and shit on it. then i let AI battle with them to see where i've got flaws
actually connecting with anyone is almost impossible, only a few people from their discord have actually managed to host a few games so far, but from what i've played it was pretty fun. dedicated servers can't come soon enough
here's footage of me being shit at the game

Probably when I was playing Bayonetta the other day. Finished the first 2 chapters.

Also have plenty of fun in store. I got all kinds of shit lined up to play after Bayonetta and Trillion: God of Destruction, not necessarily in this order

I need to beat Fate/Extella as well, but it's on the backburner this long so waiting longer won't hurt anything.

I'd also like to know.

Dragon's Dongma is pretty fun for a while, but it's issues become apparent the further you get into it; but it's still fun. Don't forget the Into Free mod, very important.

What's wrong with the director's cut. Also, what should I use for control purposes? Is it better with a gamepad? Flight stick?

Yesterday. I wish everyday was race day.

I will never not be mad that sprays are disabled in the cancer new matchmaking.

>(((fun)))

nice try shlomo

I've been having shitloads of fun with Stellaris. Besides the obligatory Warhammer Imperium custom race I also made the federation from Starship Troopers and now I'm fucking around with a race of organic worshipping robots who put their creators into reserves so they can live their lives out in perfect bliss while the robots claim more planets for their masters. Basically robot nannies that are way too good at their job.

I picked up EDF during the sale this weekend, never played it before.

My whole weekend vanished instantly because of that game. It's been a long time since I've had that kind of fun, and it was long overdue.

Immediately went and grabbed all of the DLC stuff afterwards. What a great game.

MGS5 is pretty fun. I haven't played a story-heavy stealth game in ages.
I'm not very far in but Blacklist > Phantom Pain

Only thing blacklist has on MGSV is the multiplayer, and that's dead as fuck.

Finished Xanadu Next this weekend its so polished I can barely fault it outside its dated graphics, I'm moving towards Turok after I burned out on the 2nd level.

Turok starts off slow as hell and you don't really understand most of the systems at work from the level design to the enemy respawns, but once it clicks its goddamn amazing and the fuckhuge levels become much more easily traverseable.
I'm fucking addicted to it now and I can't stop playing it, I'll immediately start Turok 2 after finishing it, its that good.

This is the kind of game you just need to take every controller you have and test it out.
I heard people prefer playing with gamepad, but it just feels weird to me because of the way the sticks work, so I stick to mouse and keyboard.

Stellaris is pretty fun. Shame about the new retarded ascention thing or whatever, I just want to make allies and take the galaxy, not have to wait 2 hours to get a couple bonuses then another two hours to make a faction.

Yeah, I bought Metal Gear as well. I skipped PW so I don't know what the fuck is happening half of the time.
I wish Konami didn't axe the game. It's really fun and there are great mechanics, but when I read what could have been and become aware of the looming inconclusive rushed ending it just makes me mad.
Multiplayer is pretty fun. I like being the stealth class and running after niggas with a shotgun then winning because I'm the only one that actually dives into enemies/out of enemy fire.

Played 30+ hours of Divinity Original Sin with 2 mates over the weekend, it's so fucking good.

Welcome to the EDF, brother!

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Yesterday's func_vehicle CS 1.6 shitfest was very good.

Hand of Fate 2 is alright. I can't recommend Shadow Warrior 2.

Dead cells is fun but I didn't like the changes of the last update overmuch. The new maps were cool though.

EDF! EDF!

I just started playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and too my surprise I'm having heaps of fun.

This game just proves to me that commieforina needs to be nuked and translation jobs should be given to people who will respect the IP.

Maybe having fun being frustrated all the time. Have you beaten Dark Fact yet?

See I thought the cassettes explained everything well enough but left enough unsaid to leave a nice amount of mystery.
Having played MGS1 recently I remember Snake saying that he had fought Rex before so when I had that first encounter with it in that mission for the honeybee I knew exactly what it was but there were some obvious differences (hands) so there must be more to discover about it.
Sure there are likely lots of other things but after getting caught because I smelled like garbage I figured there was lots I might not even think about that are just sitting there in the game mechanics waiting to be used.

MGS5 is really fun but I think it's made better not knowing what was cut from it or about the drama between the studio and kojima. I'm torn over if it's better to not know much about the characters and discover it through this game or not though. It almost seems like spoilers playing the games set after this one but I imagine for someone that has played them it's just an homage.

I've been having fun with Furi. Awesome OST, minus Toxic Avenger

The first part of Mr Shifty is fun but I feel like they didn't do enough with the concept.

But the best song in the entire OST by a huge margin is a Toxic Avenger song.

I thought someone remade the Toxic Avengers GB game and got excited. That is my personal kusoge.

TA has no place on that soundtrack, every other artist and every other song is better than any contribution he made. 'Make This Right' easily ruined the bossfight it was attached to.

shameful

Playing alot of custom gaymes on Gaylo Online

Last time I had fun was when I played through The Adventures of Square Episode 1 over the last two nights. It's a doom wad, custom graphics, sounds, music, weapons, enemies, all in 9 big levels and a secret one. I played through it on UV, which combined with not knowing anything past the beginning half of the first level led to it being about 5 hours of pain interspersed with small bouts of joy. I'm planning to do another run this weekend to find all the secrets and the extra level.

I have

Edf 4.1 was just a fun damn game, not many games make me break out into a full smile after about 5 minutes. Most recently, starcraft 2 of all things, its f2p now and 6 or 7 friends and I got it. Theres nothing like fucking with your friends with your latest bullshit move only to get countered by one even more ridiculous. Its also the perfect scenario for shit talking.

Based, I got all the way to him and tried too many times plus a thousand. Simply moved on to Oath in Felghana after that.

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

Why would you skip Ys II?

Splitscreen/same screen multiplayer games are my source of fun.
That and Rainbow six 3 and Cultriss 2.

Fun games died when Face of Mankind died.

Eh, I'll get around to it eventually.

My Only Chance is the best song in the soundtrack. Nothing comes even close to being as good.

I beat Kingdom Hearts BBS a few days ago, and I'm playing through DDD right now. Nuking enemies with Mega Flare in BBS was fun, and I'm having a blast with the weird new mechanics in DDD like flowmotion.

Ys II is way easier on Nightmare in comparison to the first one.

I'm playing Ur-Quan Masters because I somehow missed the memo until just recently. It's fun. I'm pretty shit at melee, the probe ships keep fucking me up. I've read that the Spathi Eluder is good at beating them but I still need to work on it.

Breath of Fire 2.
Honestly, It was just something to kill time on a tube. I found it bog standard. The translation was killing the game for me, as it was pretty bad, but I drudged on.

Then the final act came along and it suddenly piqued my interest.

HAMMER

Having lots of fun with Realism: Invictus. Set the difficulty too low, unfortunately, so I'm going to start over again.

I envy you user, I'll just have to wait until the game gets a Western PC release first… Give 'em hell.
t. Burger

Maybe The Mummy Demastered. I felt a bit of glee when I first saw how they handled deaths. Or the last time I made something ridiculous fly in SimplePlanes.

What game is that??? it looks fun
You could at least gave sauce too.
Although no one did the last time i asked.

It's that one that came up in the mad max tier game thread or whatever recently, heard it was p2w up the ass and swiftly forgot the name.

Oh yeah, I think it's Crossout. What a fucking dumb name.

They better be working on that PC port for it quickly

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES, WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

THE EDF DEPLOYS

You could have prevented this.
romhacking.net/translations/1384/

Acquired a No-Games 4 recently, playing Bloodborne now. It's pretty fun, I like the faster paced combat compared to Dark Souls.

I've been thinking of how a crossplat EDF could work. Imagine if you will, using reinforcements from the PC kbm community to enter the game on PS4.

You know, maybe absolutely disallowed on higher difficulties or KBM masters handicapped. There's something there. Something rad.

Like 10 minutes ago on Civ 5 with 2 friends. I started as Poland and took over a city state while we tried to link the 2 continents we spawned on

That sounds rad but I think even just requesting momentous input from a PC game already in action. Just a slight hint you're working with another force. A bit like Souls games where you see others at the same stage at the same time. I don't like to throw around the Souls-Like thing but with EDF is would be amazing.

Or, something like Natural Selection/Empires. I could see that being special too.

After EDF hit PC it's just really apparent what works best KBM. It'd be one of the coolest crossplatform things that hardly have ever happened.

Bought Environmental Station Alpha because I'm a huge gay nigger for Metroid-like games

It has big problems but it's fun. Reminds me a lot of Xeodrifter, but ESA is a better game to be honest

Yeah, I see it now. But, I don't think EDF needs an outright commander. That's just going to turn into too much autism and gook-clicking.

That's always dirt cheap, isn't it? There are a lot of games like that on Steam it seems like. Did you play Mummy Remastered yet? It's short and sort of gets it.

Honk.
I swear that was a Newgrounds game at a point too. Maybe when it was just experimental.

Yeah, I think it might have been on sale recently. I picked it up for the full retail, though. 8 bucks ain't too bad and I like to support indie games when they're good, which ESA demonstrably is.

The deluge of mediocre 2d games invariably means that the good ones hardly get the attention they deserve. I like to pick up as many as I can to see if they turn out to be any good or not. So far I'd recommend both Xeodrifter and ESA, because they compare to one another pretty interestingly.
Xeodrifter has cool upgrades and combat with customizable weaponry, but the exploration leaves a lot to be desired. ESA has very poor moment-to-moment gameplay but the world and exploration have pleasantly surprised me more than once.
Haven't tried Mummy Remastered yet but I like the artstyle a lot, will put it on the list.

Also been trying to get into RTS. Starcraft 2 went free-to-play and I've been giving the campaign a go, really enjoying it so far, cheesy but fun. Also thinking about giving Supreme Commander a go since it's been eating a hole in my steam library for a while.

How's it feel to be fucking wrong?

God tier:
Great tier:
Decent tier:
"Who cares" tier:

Fucking kill me

Sorry but no.
My Only Chance is the best soundtrack in the game. The other user is right.
The others are good too but My Only Chance stands on top.
Acquire ears.

Kill yourself for shilling this garbage
This game is a fucking hold X to win shitfest with the worst flight gameplay I've ever had to put up with, completely dogshit AI, lock on to win infinite missiles, and press Y to kill everything robot mode. Of course the AI couldn't possibly be good because you have NO FUCKING RADAR, and thus they added a "press to center on objective" button because these fags have no fucking idea how to MAKE GAEM.

And they advertised it as a "love letter to space sims". Everyone involved should be forced to watch a playthrough of freespace 2 classic, then the latest build of FS2 open, which is still being worked on today because it is still the best. They would immolate themselves for the shame of what they have done. The ONLY thing this game did right was look pretty, and even then all the designs besides the main ship are pathetic, and not a one of the fights has anything close to the scale and majesty of some missions from the vanilla campaign of freespace 2, which came out in fucking 1999. But these fucking toolbags had the audacity to release an update for the game and charge full price just for that update, for their "definitive edition".

This game, these devs, every faggot that thinks it's good, all induce nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It is neither a good mech game nor a good space flight game, and is trumped by ancient shit like mechwarrior, the first armored core, highmacs, freespace, and the old X games. There's a fucking starter list for you OP, go play something that isn't shit, come back in six months and apologize for being garbage.

Go play freespace.

You are so fucking mad

Yeah it's fantastic for about 45 seconds but then you've heard all there is to hear and it's done. Fantastic song for a pivotal moment or a trailer but it wastes no time looping over and over, with no real key shifts or progression. It's exactly why I like a lot of the other tracks so much, because they have so many different phases.

DAMN FUCKING RIGHT I MAD
THOSE FAGGOTS SHIT ALL OVER A GENRE THAT THEN SPARKED A WHOLE FUCKING TRUCKLOAD OF ATTEMPTS TO FURTHER DISCREDIT ANY ATTEMPT AT EVER MAKING A GOOD SPACE GAME AGAIN

Strike suit shit was the first of the flood of monkey's paw space games like scam citizen and X rebirth. And they patted themselves on the back for shitting out the lowest effort buzzword game I've ever seen. "Transforming mecha space fighter" fucking sells copies before anyone even plays it, and it's not hard to just copy past examples and make something decent. Even that old OG xbox macross game was pretty good, but people praise these faggots for pushing something out that set the bar at "dogshit" for any new attempt during a major space game dry spell. That developer is a fucking cancer engine and their game the tumor that metastasized into shit like scam citizen.

And, faggot? Of course I'm mad. This is goddamn Holla Forums, we rage because we're actually passionate about VIDEOGAMES. If you don't get angry you need to go back to reddit where you belong, and take your shit-eating ways with you. Accepting garbage is what got this hobby to the sorry fucking state it's in right now.

20 hours in edf is chump change. Just hop in a weapon grinding room on hard or hardest and you'll get some decent shit in no time. I've found hard to be the best starting difficulty anyways, you get good weapons almost immediately and it's actually challenging.

Actually I kind of agree.
Maybe My only chance is just really catchy. As a stand-alone it's good for listening to. (which is what I do)

That image is great, thanks. Shit, post something about how fucking great E.Y.E. is, help salvage this shitty thread.

They actually advertised it as space sim?
I enjoy the game since its casual fun and I like the premise and atmosphere but thats just sleazy.

Its actually pretty good despite your dislike for OP.
Was expecting nothing but an unpopular opinion thread or shit low effort bait like Todd Posting

I don't need a second invitation to E.Y.E. post

EDF has some really weird difficulty kinks altogether, sometimes it's fucking balls to the wall insanity, occasionally it gets very very easy, but most of the time it's just really hard to the point that you need to constantly strategize and improvise as you play. I don't think I've ever been bored playing EDF, except in the tunnel missions. fuck those.

How many circles you fucking poser?

Too scared?

>whoops I accidentally killed myself with a rocket because flying bug parts

Ultimately I'm glad they're there, for the variety, but let's not pretend they're any good

I'm not a fan of the tunnel missions, either, but saying wing diver sucks for tunnels just isn't true.

Wing diver is easily the best for tunnels. They do perform a bit more poorly in larger chambers though.

I've been having some fun with Drill Dozer and Dragon Warrior III in the past month or so. I started playing Pokemon Stadium 2 this morning, so that might be an on and off thing. Trying to pick up my Vita again before some online servers go down. Need to get my last few games of golf in.

I'm so fucking caught in my cycles dude

Pretending I was a little girl and wearing a pretty dress while playing Dragon's Dogma.

>Not making her in your eroge

I remember that thread. Better times

The last few days I started playing DF and anons here guided me through it. I genuinely, for the first time in years feel challenged by a game.

You got this from the Vinny stream? This does look fun, in a very eye-candy way.

Wing diver is the best tunnel mission class, bar none. As for air raider, your air raider is not credit to team, and lacks flexible thinking necessary for such an oddball class. There is in fact a devastating strike that an air raider can call in a tunnel, if your air raider was capable opf analyzing available assets and thinking outside of the box they would already know how to do this.

You and all your friends are bad at gaem.

It's Crossout.

ha ha

No, doom thread.

Been playing Medival Total War 2 while my friend at work watches me stream and talks with me. It's quite comfy.

The tactical variety in weapons is probably what makes EDF so enjoyable, which also makes it really annoying when you can't even find out what kind of weapons you're missing out on until you get them. Also, the fact that completely destroying the city is a valid tactical option is glorious.

Nigger WHAT? Get two IDCC weapons, and you can just fire nonstop as the electricity takes up the entire tunnel and even arcs around corners. I hate tunnels too but you clearly have no idea how to play them.

I finished the original Fallout the weekend before last. I really enjoyed going through Glow, it had that great feeling of exploring a place that nobody has been to for almost a century. The level design and lore were really cool too.
Yesterday I tried playing the last publicly available 3.0 test of Project Brutality. Due to how shit my current PC is, FPS constantly tanks to single digits every time more than a couple enemies appear. That said, axe throw is ridiculously OP in a very fun way, like the Dragon's Breath shells for shotgun.

Last time i had fun was away from the Computer with friends
help me

Tunnel missions are fun, you just don't know how to cook em. Also predicting gibs flight trajectory is part of getting gud.