EDF5: Soon Edition

Earth Defense Force 5 comes out in 2 weeks (Dec 7th) in Japan. Anyone getting it? There have been a good deal of changes to the game so far. Many for the better I think.

From what I've seen and read, the fencer has changed much at all besides their look. They don't have any new, unique weapons or features. Besides that though, there's a system in place that gives each class a certain passive.

archive.is/GD3jL
The dash cell for the fencer is one that's a nice feature. It allows them to constantly dash so no more javelin catapult to go fast. Or how Rangers can just sprint through objects with a certain passive.

For some reason, D3 is adding Dream C Club characters again. If you pre-order from their site, you can get DCC decoys like in 2025. No clue if they charge for shipping. If you plan to get this game and don't have a bunch of PSN money on your JP account, then amazon may be the best choice. Or you can wait a while and get it used so you don't have to pay an absurd amount of money buying a new JP game at full price.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B075S1KD6N/ref=pd_aw_sbs_63_of_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=18GB3D5SEPNNKXDQMX22&th=1
archive.is/HSywF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

THEN WHY THE FUCK DID I SPEND ALL THIS TIME LEARNING HOW TO PERFECT MY PLAY AS AN AIR RAIDER FOR?

Is it going to be another cynical DLC rapefest again, or will we actually get the complete fucking game with our 60 dollarydoos?

Oh it's that guy again.

Is that a 'no'?

Go be retarded someplace else.

So it will be another cynical dlc rapefest? Why won't you give me a straight answer?

Because your first assertion is completely retarded so there's no straight answer to be given outside of pointing at you and telling you how retarded you are.

Waiting for the PC port
PS4 a shit and even if I owned one the framerate would kill me inside just like I did when I played it with a bro who bought it.

Kill yourself lad

Yes that's a cynical dlc rapefest. Not to the tune of Train Simulator or anything, but it's still completely disrespecting the players. Has wanting to pay no more than $60 for the complete version of a game really that unreasonable? Is this really what Holla Forums has become?

So you're retarded AND you have no self control.

You didn't answer my question. Is it reasonable to expect to get the complete version of a game for $60? Perhaps a $40 base game and $20 season pass if you want to go that route?

And you're not getting that because you can't have the shiny skinned vehicle you can't actually use?
Again if you can't stop being a retard go someplace else.

We're never going back to late 2014 Holla Forums, are we?

cum on

And now you can't read or even respect your own arguments.
So no to answer your question we're not going back to 2014 Holla Forums because people like you exist.

Hey anons i'm gonna get a no-gaems station 4 in a few months (probably after christmas) and i'm thinkan of getting EDF 4.1 on that. Yes, i know there's a PC version i pirated it and solo'd it (and my god, does it run real smooth) but is the PS4 superior / inferior to the PC version? I'm considering this since i probably won't upgrade my rig anytime soon and i've been itching to play Bloodborne so i might as well grab a few games that i used to play.

Ignore this man, he's fucking retarded and he's obviously baiting for (You)s
Now, let's see,
TELL ME ONE GOOD REASON THAAT I SHOULD PICK A SHITTY TASER OVER A GODDAMN LAZER CHAINSAW

Only Nogaems4 might have on the PC version is a bigger player count. Just get 5 because no port is yet confirmed.

Well ok then, thanks user
i never played multiplayer before ;__; is there any heads up for a solo player that i should know?

Most people are pretty chill, so there's not much. Use the voice lines and coordinate, and try your hardest no to die, not for your teams sake but yours, because you'll be sitting there forever and it's incredibly boring. Items like plasma charges can be incredibly useful considering how powerful wing diver is, most laser+missile systems suck though. If you're playing air raider, call down a vehicle ASAP whenever it's ready, that way you won't waste credits and your allies can use them too. And always read the server message, some people just have farm lobbies and some do whole story runs, so don't go in one expecting the other. That's all I got.

I'll buy it and play when it comes to PC in the west. EDF 4.1 is one of my favorite games ever so I'm pretty excited. I hope the localization stays half-assed and meme-free, because 4 gave us some true gems of stupid cheesy dialogue

I usually get really autistic about avoiding spoilers but with EDF I'm not sure what there is to be spoiled.

See:

That is the type of poster who unironically defends their DLC model. That is a perfect example of what you're complicit in turning this board into.
Old Holla Forums: It's a good game, but the DLC model is shit. I sure hope they don't do that with the next game
New Holla Forums: Just shut up and buy it u fag XDDDD

Just watch for friendly fire, try not to die, and read the lobby messages.

Mouselook, 60FPS, plus Cheat Engine to avoid the grind makes it better than the PS4 version.

No Western release as well so thats kind of a moot point
We know that both are happening and unless you actually know Japanese theres no point in buying it this early.

Eh, EDF is quite playable with no knowledge of jap. I don't have a PS4 anyway though.

Yes user people tend to defend the DLC model when it matches the way Xpack were back around 2000, which is the case with that game, so again your first argument is retarded and based on your own skewed perception of reality.

Navigating the menus shouldbe fine
Checking the stats or what kind of weapon you're using, likely not so much.

Its time to stop replying to the retard user
Hes done this countless times now while garbage like gachashit and Siege threads remain untouched by fags like these when the reverse should happen.

there's nothing wrong with siege

Sure there isn't

Expansion packs were monolithic purchases. There was no piecemeal dlc fuckery. I don't think you were even alive in 2000, let alone gaming, if you're seriously trying to make that claim.

This is the only EDF thread I've ever brought up the DLC issue in, because the topic was already done to death in the 4.1 threads without my input.. Pretending one user on a board with thousands of posters is responsible for all criticism of the game's DLC model is mentally ill.

Whatever shall I do without this P2W DLC that I can pirate?

I think you might have narcissistic mental retardation disorder.

you should try the game on some free weekend user, it's good fun. But this is a conversation for another thread

I have
Its garbage

Yeah, keep telling yourself that

Alright fine, (You) double nigger
which you are freely able to ignore since the base game itself is already packed to the brim with content

If there's a PC version I will.

You know what
i think i should give the 'problematic DLC' user some credit.
If it weren't for his baiting, this thread would've slowed down to a crawl like most days. So yeah, thanks for keeping a thread alive for all the wrong reasons

Port's not announced bruv
It's probably like EDF 2025 all over again, but with a much, much shorter time gap

Stop spouting nonsense about EDF…the base game was fucking massive and nobody in their right minds would even think about missing content. The following DLC releases were reasonable priced, uniquely different from vanilla and a welcome addition.

You really must have a hate-boner against the game to be upset about this.

Is this game about defending Earth from the French?

If the earth is ever in a situation where it needs to be defended against an invasion by the French I'm pretty sure Earth would have fucked up bad enough to deserve it.

Never Ever is dead

I wouldn't be surprised if the western release was just a few months after the JP release. They're already releasing english trailers and the PC version sold well enough to warrant it. They could also be holding back the PC version so some people will double dip.

Was that show even good?

No, just a mediocre slice of life with some Kemonomimi that was well known in some circles back in 2006.
Full of fanservice and nice premises though.
Zone also made an animation with Liru in 2007 which doubled its coverage on the interwebs.
it was still better than Lucky Star

I want a wing diver to dive unto my penis
if you know what I mean

If you're playing on PC then you need to constantly backup your save because if some retard comes into your lobby and activates his cheat to give a million health and weapon pickups to everyone you're going to get them too.

What do you mean?

I think its extremely likely that they make a PC version given how well it sold on $team, I figure they'll use its announcement and release as a separate marketing boost after it comes out on PS4. Either that or they're retarded and don't want to print easy money.

Ranger can only summon vehicle, Air Raider can do much more like mech and air support. Because peoples keep complaining how slow ranger are

PC When?

Air Raider also has one more slot now

Seriously? so 3 equipments and 1 vehicle?

Yep

I love that they're seeing imbalance and fixing it by making everyone even more powerful, instead of nerfing things.

It gets even better
Theres some sort of skill system in place.
So for example you can equip a skill on the Fencer that lets you jump even higher and boost jet twice or equip the Ranger with a skill that lets him sprint faster and destroy any prop in front of him while hes sprinting.

I just hope the new mechs have new gimmicks besides being Vegalta reskins, I liked the Velgata design better as well since the handling feels like a stompy mech and the OG design looks like one as well unlike this one that looks like it should handle faster.

I'm also going to miss the Hectors, they were part of the cheese and looked more menacing than Pepe and Ayy.

I really hope we get a PC port. I can't justify a console purchase for a handful of games.

I don't doubt it will happen
We don't even have a localization yet though.
Just plsy the waiting game, plenty to play in the meantime.

Is there any info on that other EDF game they're making? The one that looks more (((westernised?))) I think it was called Iron Rain.

Looking at Yuke's games 99% are licensed shit, wrestling and movie games. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Spin-off series are always have a serious tone like insect armageddon. Main series are the campy tone type. Still interested to play Iron Rain

So did you guys know EDF had a shoot em up? It just came out. It's a vertical shmup where you control a wing diver.

It really reminds me of Lost Planet visually. The motion blur on enemies, the quick movements they have at times, the way their glowing parts radiate, and the smoke trails on rockets. I do hope it turns out well.

Is there a faster way to get armor other than just picking up what I can each mission? I want to play on inferno or even harder but I get one-shotted by pretty much everything. I love this game so far but the loot system is definitely its weakest element, it feels quite unnecessary.

I'd figure this is more of a test to see if its worth it to use UE4 instead of their own engine. I hope they don't despite the gwafix because I can't imagine it'll be nearly as well optimized.

Any word if we are getting this in the US? I don't mind importing if it's easy to play without being able to understand anything.

There are a bunch of afk methods, where you leave a tunnel exit alive and sit in it aiming up with a rapier or dual jackhammers. Play in 2p mode to farm two classes at the same time. There are also a few missions in the DLC that have a silver spider spawner that is about 4x faster.

The easiest way is to use cheat engine.

There's a shit ton of tables on jewgle/startpage and some of these sites look shady, I'll draw you a picture of your choosing if you spoonfeed me.

I'm still pissed off about this.

Haven't they always been a PS first? They'll definitely come to the PC.

FUCK IM NOT EVEN DONE PLAYING AS THE RANGERS IN 4.1 AND I HAVE YET TO PLAY AS THE OTHER CLASSES FUUUCK

Jazz sucks donkey balls

Bruh, you could always set your armor manually

Jesus christ

!?

Is Insect Armageddon worth picking up in the Steam sale? I have about 150 hours in 4.1 just playing with friends.

For $3 yeah. Just keep in mind it was made by a different company and is very different. Personally I think it's worse for the changes but some people liked them.

It certainly looks better than Iron Rain at this point.

You can limit your armor and not use the weapons though.

I didn't write that.
Either the board is derping or some mod thinks this is funny.

Man that's such a terrible cockblock. That's as if EDF 4.1 would stop at the first Battle Fortress appearance.

But Jazz does suck donkey balls.

That and the grind is atrocious, thankfully most of it you can AFK

6 days left

Will playing multiplayer crack aka spacewar get you banned from steam?

It'll be here in about a week or so for me. I might crack and get Playstation Live for multiplayer, too.

The armor is not a problem, but I like trying to unlock weapons. If they are all unlocked then there is no longer any point in picking up weapon boxes anymore and you can't get excited about getting new weapons anymore.

Good goy

Rangers can call stuff like tanks, railgun tanks and helicopters. I hope that they can also call the armored ambulances because that would make them much more useful.
Air Raiders also get a passive reload on some equipment like the deployable turrets.
Wing Divers have a numeric readout of how how much energy they have left, this readout is not a percentage number since it goes up to 142. It might be an indicator that you can upgrade your energy generator.

【A】 or 【B】 - The great debate!
I went with 【B】 because long duration decoys are significantly more useful with AR. also twintails
I am surprised nobody has mentioned yet that equipment now levels up as you get duplicates, and you get stuff for all classes with a bias towards your active class.

My only regret is that I didn't start playing this game sooner. What a great game. With EDF 5 coming, though, did I start playing at the worst time? Or the best time?

It's going to take a bit for EDF5 to come out here in the West so just enjoy EDF 4.1.

The real question though is, will Wing Divers be able to sing now?

can i GUN while ride?

Holy shit I have got to get this game

Anyone?

god bless nips

The bike have gun and much more cooler looking than EDF 4.1 bike

That's actually kind of cool.

Seriously? That is awesome, where did you get that info?

They showed it in the past few streams.

>FUCKING CLOTHING DESTRUCTION ON THE DECOYS
The absurdity of this makes it so amazing.

I've never had more fun in EDF than using a trainer for inf.ammo and no reload and filling city streets full of the decoy balloons.

I noticed that other classes also gained armor after the ranger completed a mission. I wonder if we finally have shared armor gain now?

oh please yes. Armor boxes are the absolute worst aspect of EDF.

I checked it again, it is not shared armor gain.
Not exactly anyway. 1 pickup means +1 health now and it is semi-random who gets it, with the class that picks it up having a higher chance to get it.
Hopefully they have also implemented a higher gain rate of armor on higher difficulty.

what the fuck? That just seems unnecessary.

Hardest and inferno also seems to be locked, I assume that you need to unlock them by finishing the difficulty before them.
There also looks like there is a more proper story now as they actually have some story sequences now.
I guess we will have to wait until the 7th for more info.

I'm honestly okay with that. The temptation to just go in and get carried on inferno is too great, so everyone ends up with high level weapons and no fucking armor thinking they can do inferno.

I don't mind either, so long as they have a proper progression system for the armor. I really don't like the fact that the best way to earn armor is to keep replaying the easy levels because the harder ones don't give you more armor.
This honestly one of the biggest things for me and I am hoping that the reason that the harder levels are locked is because the armor rewards in them are so high that you need to earn their unlock to avoid the game becoming imbalanced.

But harder difficulties did give you more armor by having more enemies and more mutants

Holy shit this is amazing

No it did not.
The mutants were paid DLC and only the silver spiders actually gave better drops.
Also if you play stage 2 on normal and then replay the stage on Inferno, you will notice that the armor drops are pretty much the same.

Mutants were not paid DLC, you would still get silvers, golds, blues, and reds in the base missions, with higher difficulties replacing normal enemies with mutants, and those mutants dropped more boxes than normal. Inferno would also frequently add in more enemies. Did you even play the game?

What's wrong with weeb games? It's not like western games are any good :^)

Tell me which mission gave you silver spiders on higher a higher difficulty? Also what difficulty causes them to appear.
I did not play the game very much on inferno, just checked 2-3 stages on inferno to see what the difference was.

EDF isn't all that good tbh

Density on Inferno (hardest probably too), the mission just after you destroyed the mothership

This, Crimson (purples), and the beach with the Argo (golds) are some that stand out in my mind. I also remember one that replaced normal hectors with blues and added more but don't remember which mission that was.

Stage 96 on inferno.
If I have to play an endgame stage on Inferno to get increased drop rates then it is not helping at all as I would need to already have the armor to get the armor. Notice that the player had about 95000 armor, which means that he had to cheat to be able to play this stage.

Does that stage have silver spiders because those thing are pretty much the only mutant that has a noticeably better drop rate.

You asked where the silver spiders were

It's an online-only mission, which mean you can easily access to it on lobbies.

That does not answer the issue of needing the armor to get the armor unless you are suggesting that I get carried by players that have cheated.
If I need to do that to get better armor drop rates then my point about the armor drop rates being bad are correct.

I wonder if this new mech reskin will have any gimmicks that make it stand out from 4.1s Velgata.

Just because you aren't gud doesn't change the fact that harder missions give more drops by having more enemies and mutants, which aren't DLC exclusive. If silvers are the only ones with a noticeably better drop rate then you really don't notice much. Most mutants have noticeably better drop rates, silvers just have exceptionally better drop rates, are fairly common, and less asses to fight than things like red drones and vehicles.
Also, you don't need that much armor to play that mission. That guy was just bad and using his high health to mindlessly brute force it. If you play through the missions normally and make sure to pick up most of the armor then you should have enough to get through this mission by the time you reach it, provided you have the right weapons, a decent team, and a good plan.
I don't get how you can only play a handful of inferno missions and then sit here talking shit like you are a veteran or something when you clearly don't know what you are talking about at all.
Lastly, this is all pretty moot as we are ignoring the fact that the absolute best way to get armor isn't to play missions as intended, but to sit on a spawner for an hour or two before cashing in and repeating. If you absolutely need more armor then either do that or cheat, otherwise just play through the game and let it happen, you'll have more armor than you know what to do with and you won't know where it all came from.

I'm still wondering why the online EDF2 Portable is dead as fuck while EDF3 Portable has like 5 lobbies running when i checked up earlier today.

Unless there is some region locking in online lobbies (the EDF2 I own is european while EDF3 is a jap import) which sounds stupid but not unlikely

Am I the only one who likes watching Let's Play and people discovering the greatness that is EDF

Theres no cheat engine on PS4 m8, if he can do it, so can you

You complain about my point, but then you admit that the best way to grind armor is to sit on a spawner. It is like you have no self awareness.
Nobody sensible wants to play through 300 levels for each class to be able to play inferno.
I can't believe that you are not noticing how ridiculous the grind is.
Since you keep telling me that the armor drop rates increase on higher difficultys then maybe you can tell me how much they increase by, because a tiny increase is not worth mentioning.
Also I still don't get how you don't know that most people complain about the armor grind.

Mission 55 solo on inferno is a fucking bitch to win except with the fucking air raider of all class.
Somehow I just have the ranger left.

inferno is a difficulty not a new mission, its just the same content except the enemies hit harder and have more hp. You are complaining you can't join a game with peoples with autistic motivation to grind and clear inferno. You are not missing out on anything, there is very little differences clearing easy mode or inferno mode, you did the content already.

Might as well ask here. Which PS3 one was considered bad again? Or did I hear wrong? Just wondering since I saw one in a bargain bin (surprisingly good condition as well) and if it's not one to avoid I might consider going back for it.

Most likely Insect Armageddon,.
Just completed it not too long ago, it's kinda bland and soulless with a few ideas that I like but a complete downgrade in most aspect otherwise

all of it because of frame drops, get the newer EDF 4.1. The original title is EDF 2025, if you asking about the one that is "not" EDF, its the spin-off EDF:Insect Armageddon. I wouldn't called it bad, it just different, it doesn't have armor box, the classes are different, you level up by experience point and buy weapon instead of collecting on the field. So peoples that complaint armor box might like it

Well that's just a fucking lie, Inferno has more enemies AND new enemies not present on easy-hard. Like nigger ants and piss ants. And silver spiders.

I never complained about your point, just pointed out some things you said that were factually wrong. you get more armor drops on higher difficulties and mutants aren't dlc exclusive. I never mentioned anything about the grind not being ridiculous or not knowing that people complain about it.

It doesn't have more enemies, it just have more variant recolor enemies. Example in Crimson, the black ant is just the stronger version of red ants

some missions actually do add more enemies.

You are full of shit, you were suggesting that I do all the missions until inferno.
Nobody who accepts how terrible the grind is would say that.

Like what? I hardly notice any difference in enemies counts because its already a clusterfuck on normal. I do notice enemies with different color which just stronger version and more aggressive

I see. I think it was 2025 I had seen in there, so I suppose I'll just look and see if I find 4.1 at a cheap price down the line.

it'll happen… like 16 months or so after its rereleased and remastered on the PS5

4.1 is for PS4/PC, if you dont have next gen console or capable PC, 2025 is the only option for you.

I don't remember exactly, but I do remember some missions adding in additional Hectors

I don't see how telling you that you could do something counts as being ignorant or supportive of grind. I said you don't need to cheat to play inferno which is entirely true, there are people better than you or I doing 200 armor inferno runs. you could grind your ass off for years if you want, attempt running through with 200 armor, or use cheats for infinite armor, its your game and your choice, do what you want. I started with hard and played through hardest and inferno with a bunch of replaying on the side cause I enjoy the game, and I never farmed for armor cause that's some boring-ass bullshit, it's how I wanted to play and it's what I did. If that's how you want to play then go for it, if not then don't. A game is not a job, play by your own rules, have fun, stop whenever you choose.

I hope you can still easily jump on top of them to have nice places to attach turrets and barriers. Attaching a few turrets to a tank or velgata really helped. I hope they fix the problem of them sliding off too.

Avoid the PS3 version of 2025 though. The loading times are horrible unlike the PS3 version. Also they give you less NPCs making some of the later missions hell. They even changed some missions in 4.1 because they were just absurd in 2025. Like the location for Monster Party originally was in a low building area which is plain suicide.

We need a Jet Set Radio EDF

wew

I only bought the game two weeks ago but I've been looking for lobbies everyday without success. I also tried to make lobbies with the same result.
If you want we can play together, I'm DottorGood on PSN.

Honestly surprised the thread lasted to the game's release. I'll see if I can make a room for Holla Forums once it comes out in about 24 hours. Can't speak moon but I doubt it will be hard to navigate the menus and figure out what everything does.

What's wrong with these DLC packs?

They're too many and shit
They're all optional shit though like the Gun Girls bait and really shitty weapons that are at like level 25.

So yeah, we got some autists complaining about shit DLC that I agree should be ingame as Easter Eggs (like the fucking drift bike) but aren't a detriment to the game.

The only wortwhile DLCs are the mission packs and those actually have value and were done after the game was finished.

I honestly forgot all that other stuff was in the game besides the mission packs. I agree, all the other stuff should be in the game already (and they most likely are). Cheat codes would give us those before. The only thing I'm OK with are the mission packs.

Tell me if the original Balam design is in the game, the new one look like shit.

So did the Fencer receive any changes or are we still going to need to have a meme loadout just for boosting around?

2 0 H O U R S L E F T

Boosting is a default option now

4.1 BALAM looked better

are these things in edf 4.1?

The decoy balloon? yeah but the one in the video is tie-in DLC from some maid dancing game for EDF 5

is the decoy balloon an anime girl in edf 4.1

The base ones are not I think, but the DLC ones are.

okay, cool. i wouldn't have bought it if it had that retard meme weeaboo shit.

any europoor playing the game tomorrow?

Iron Rain doesn't look that bad

I think it could be pretty fun but people are showcasing it are playing a boring way. I would be running and jumping all over the place while shooting rockets. Only using the machine gun when I need to recharge meter. Game could really use a quick turn feature.

The fucking cheesiness of this advert makes me chuckles a lot even when they push shit like season pass and exclusive DLC, you just can't get mad, and that fucking plot twist at the end. EDF is actually a fascist military organization

O H S H I T

unf

I wonder if you can use the costumes you have in the early missions. The ranger and diver are wearing different costumes at the start of the game.

OPTIMIZED

Everyone has different outfits at the start because they all start as civilian contractors working on the EDF bunker. They are all better than the EDF uniforms.

Only Air Raider.

I hope it will be possible to wear them outside of the first missions too

PC port when?

I'm sure it'll be possible dub-san
EDF 4.1 already have the customization option of each characters, even if its limited to just colors

I agree though, if the Ranger ditch the police suit for a SWAT-styled tacticool gear it might be a bit cooler (but even more jarring since it doesn't fit the tone and stuff)

Pantsu Diver

Thank you Japanese Jesus

Is that the new Balam?

Why is it so …ugly?

Its supposed to be an industrial machine.
It looks like shit though I agree
Should be blockier

If I can climb on it and stay on it while it is moving then I am going to be pretty happy.
I saw this one video where one person who was playing, climbed a staircase on a building. I hope that means that I can climb up to the rooftops on some of the buildings.

>>>/cuckchan/ and stay there

a year to a year and half
They have to do engrish port first for PS4

The game is out now. The menus are pretty easy to navigate so far. The only concern is weapon descriptions which will just take some trial and error to figure out how to use them or learn what they do. The load times are surprisingly fast too. I think they're better than 4.1 as the tutorial mission loaded up in like 4 seconds.

Getting some flash backs from nier automata and having to masturbate every 20 minutes

It looks like Fencers can't dash cancel any attack animations if you just dashed. So you need that dash constantly chip to go fast. The startup for the jump boost is near instant now instead of slightly delayed like in 4.1. However, the cool down is definitely longer. About 1.5x longer I believe. Another thing is that the white ring appears around you when you boost dash/jump. This ring pick up any box it touches so you'll pick up items much easier. The ranger gets this ring when he sprints as well.

Well? Didja buy it? if yes then post screenshots user
If no, then source

Where is it out? Japan only or it also available in asia?

Same user you replied to. I've only beaten the first 2 missions which is a tutorial. Once I get home I'll take screenshots. I ordered it from JP psn. If you don't want to lose a limb buying expensive psn points for yen, you can just order the game from amazon.co.jp. Not counting shipping, I believe it's somewhere around 62 USD.
amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B075S1KD6N/ref=pd_aw_sbs_63_of_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=18GB3D5SEPNNKXDQMX22&th=1

I'll see if I can make a loose translation of the menus when I get the chance. Don't know moon, but I know what some of the menus do.

It's cheaper on Amazon than JP PSN. Should arrive around monday if anyone ordered it now.

Forgot to answer your question. Looks like Japan only. I don't see an Asia version anywhere.

Okay, thanks for the info.

IT'S HERE
AND IT"S FUCKING GLORIOUS

I haven't been following at all. Are there any news on a PC version?

Those following months are gonna be long.

NANI!?!?!

After checking some videos I have noticed that if you finish normal difficulty then easy is also considered finished.
Also raising WD health is going to be a lot easier now that we are getting 1:1 on armor pickups. I also saw that different people playing WD have a different amount of max energy so that is now confirmed upgradeable. This is further confirmed by the fact that WD weapons now list energy required instead of energy% required.

I don't think I can stomach watching any more of this for now. It's so beautiful it hurts to not have it in my life. All I can do is hope for a speedy release on PC, hopefully with better optimization and AMD processor support at launch.

Jesus, this is much better than it should be, Christ!

OK user, a very important question.
CAN THE WING DIVERS SING?

Did you say glorious?

Is there anyway to refill vehicle ammo? I hate having to call down new vehicles repeatedly when I've kept my mech/tank in good health.

MUH FUGIN DIK

I still want my goddamned Hectors back

Why? Hectors suck.

You take that back you motherfucker else I'll find out where you live, cut off your head off and use it as my personal shitter.

I just get extremely, extremely butthurt when one kicks my tank across to the other side of the map.

Same guy you replied to. And yes, they can sing. Just tested it out.

Rain levels are pretty cool. Now I'm in a snowing town.

You can like the aesthetic if you want, but gameplay wise they do suck.
The artillery ones are fine, but the rapid-fire ones are just a matter of outrangeing them and if you get within their range then they just stunlock you and kill you. Overall a shitty experience either way.
These new ones are way better because you can't outrange them and getting close to them and using a close range weapon is actually a valid tactic.

But thats the best part

Thats what you get for being a Ranger
Every other class either doesn't get stunlocked or avoids their fire entirely.

Hectors are great asthetically and gameplay wise, giving you atmosphere, a challenge and fn mechanics

The wing diver has short-range weapons with enough physics impact to prevent them from training their guns on you, and enough damage to destroy them in a reasonable time. The fencer should too.

The ranger is fucked though, yes. I guess some of the slug/shotguns have decent knockback, but they all have long reload times and low ammo so they suck.

Wew, all that bug goop makes it look like Splatoon.

I have already said that outranging them this is shitty gameplay and definitely no fun.
Well maybe they can be fun sometimes if you have the right class and loadout, but they are still very badly balanced and I am glad that they have been replaced by something more balanced.
I can see why people like dealing with them in multiplayer though. Since you can easily destroy them with longrange fire, it allows you feel like you are contributing with a minimal challenge.

That is only if someone else is distracting them so that you can get close enough to shoot them with a rapier. Otherwise they will stunlock and kill you if you try to get close.

Facing Hectors with the Ranger, get the Acid gun and hug their feet. No Hector can survive that for more than seconds, not even on Inferno. Even the blue ones. For a good close range option, you have some shotguns that can cause thousands of points of damage, and they also penetrate armor, so you can get more than one enemy in one shot. Other have a huge ROF and can stunlock them too.
Hell, even the plasma lasers with limited ammo can be quite damn useful in certain levels because of the huge destructive power summed to the stunlock. Just try more options.

The game now only needs an options for dual language to became a craziest fest.

Now, I would like to see they adding a new female class. Since the game do have huge maps, I think it would be amazing to see a female class focused on speed, like, imagining playing EDF with girls on full armor with a game play that could be a mix of Vanquish, MGR and Cloudbuilt, high high speeds and wall rides, precise shooting and some melee! Oh, and sexy full armors too.
I would like that. Hell, they could even give them the Super Run attack, like Metroid have. Who knows, maybe one day. But, with one of the new EDF being made with Unreal, It might be possible.

Not to be a faggot but hot damn I didn't realize I wanted this until I knew about it.

source pls

Having enough damage to kill rapid-fire hectors is not the problem, it getting close in single player.
Anyway I am pretty sure that nobody is going to miss the hectors once they get a taste of these new enemies.

This will probably be the game that gets me to buy a modern console, for couch co-op. That is of course if I ever get past the final 3 levels I have to play in 2025, I refuse to grind for health.

You have no idea how satisfying it is to play that shit with no framedrops after playing it on my friends PS4 for half a year.

Avoiding their fire doesn't mean outranging them you fucking dunce.

But how soon?
I've been wanting a PS4 for select titles, but if they release this and more on PC - soon enough- I mean, they better announce it.

The only class that can get close enough to actually avoid their fire on inferno is the fencer boost dashing with the javelin. Everyone can only get close if he's reloading and only the diver and fencer can chase down a Hector. Once you have a weapon that can constantly lock them down then they can't fire back. Howver, said weapons are usually shotguns for Ranger and their machine guns lack the power to make them bend so far back they can't shoot you. So the safest way to fight them with Rangers is to outrange them. By endgame though, a lysander or stringer solves the Hector problem.

How about you actually say how you avoid their fire because all you have done so far is to make some claims with no details to back them up.

Depends
No idea when is the translation happening since it nearly took a year for both 2025 and 4.1.
The PC port took 8 months
Still don't know how will the good sales influence them but releasing trailers in English is a good omen.

Wing Diver can avoid their fire by being the Wing Diver and the Air raider vehicles don't get stunned.
Ranger is completely fucked though

Get good

Well, we can tell Iron Rain - the other EDF that was announced- is aimed towards more western audiences. And while I do like it to be a bit grittier and more StarShipTrooper, it doesn't look as fun.

Time will tell, as you said.

I just hope that with some strong PC sales in the US, they realize how big the market for their title really is.

Flying doesn't work unless someone else is distracting it or it is alone.
Using a vehicle is boring.
Dash cancelling does actually work, but again only when it is alone. I will give you a half point for it anyway.
Don't know why you are defending hectors. Do not think the new ones are better?

I will now disregard every post you make, i bet you haven't even used a Velgata Fire variant yet

I meant that tanking with a vehicle to deal with hectors is boring.

Your Ranger experience was shit, just admit it.

I don't mind hectors, fuck deroys though
I've seen Retiarii in a loading screen so I assume those are still there

Making Hectors eat shit with an autoshotgun feels pretty great tbh

You sound like you are enjoying a power fantasy more than you are enjoying good gameplay. Which is nice for you, I guess.
Also I have never played ranger on a map which had hectors on it. Also I am pretty sure that rangers can kill hectors pretty easily with a long-range weapon.

I just think that the fight in this video looks more fun than any fight with a hector.

I don't like the random thermin noises they put in.

Now I feel like I'm playing Gundam Versus.

Make way for best girl!

Wew

Not exactly sure but I believe they can commit suicide too if you surprise them and they're the last one on the map. Saw a frog and ignored him to collect boxes. I hear 1 shot and he's dead. Yet all my allies are behind a hill so it's not possible for any of them to shoot him.

The weapons on that heli look weak as fuck

That's disappointing it looks like the helicopters will still control like a shit covered brick on a string.

Depends on the helo. The heavy duty ones control like that but the lighter ones are actually pretty stable.

Sounds like you fucking suck at the game

STOP KNOCKING ME DOWN

Though EDF5 might not come to PC soon, it reminds me, that i haven't completed EDF4.1 yet.

Go for it user, the online is still active

Fuckdamn it i took someone else ID.

I'm not really feeling to go online. I mostly i play as Ranger and Fencer.

Only downside about playing online is some of the weapons are level locked.

SO BEAUTIFUL
I CAN'T SEE
FENCERBROS UNITE

If you want to bump the thread then just post a video. You don't need to pretend to be retarded.
Or maybe you are just really bored.

Oh my fuck, that is incredible.

Any idea in how to make the voice chat in EDF 4.1 louder? It's so damn quiet.

Wow, that ups the gameplay possibilitys to a whole new level. The temptation to buy the Japanese version is getting even stronger now.

Instead of getting mad the fencer wadnt being played how they envisioned they embraced it.
They really are the battlefield lords now

Fired the shoulder howitzer a bit too close and killed my mech
I'm not even mad, my strat was so fucking stupid now that I think about it and know the whole map is passive at the start and only aggros in small group

These frogs have better tactics than most people I've dealt with in online games. Also, I can confirm the shit other anons have been saying about shared loot and armor and weapons upgrading when you get the same weapon over and over. It's true, and it makes switching classes much less frustrating when you already have proper gear from playing as another class. The best change has to be the increased item pick up radius when you use your class' dash move. It's not a big radius, but it makes a massive difference in how fast you can clean up the drops when you don't have to be pixel perfectly on top of it.

The hell, this is so much sanic fast than dash canceling in 4.1

Fencer is now official a fucking one man army

Fencer seems like it's going to be stupidly overpowered. Poor ranger is going to be forgotten again.

Is the DLC for 4.1 worth getting, I'm going to get the game on sale with "friends" and I'm tight on money.

Can't believe I missed embed related completely.

Get the mission packs

Mission packs are mandatory as they add ~50 more missions that are all more unique, interesting, and difficult than the base ~100 missions. But if you don't plan on playing too much, hate the concept of 'git gud', are afraid of challenge, or your profession is 'games journalist', then don't bother. There are still plenty of missions in the base game to keep you occupied until the next steam sale.
Pure Decoys are highly suggested as they live significantly longer than normal decoys, can be used on any difficulty, and add functionality to the ranger since he otherwise cannot place decoys.
Volatile napalm is also a good thing to get just for a decent light source in tunnel missions, though it is also good at crowd control.

That is the best thing I've ever seen!

Saw some more gameplay.
Wing Diver's get different plasma cores which have different specialties like; one has more capacity and another has better energy recovery. They are also upgradeable just like the weapons.
Also if you lose a map you still get too keep half of the weapons and armor upgrades.

Seriously don't know why people don't just import. Once you understand what weapon stats do, you can play like it's in english. Only air raider gear needs some trial and error.

There's an ability for the ranger to increase his white ring radius. This also makes it so it's always out there too making collecting boxes in large fights easier. There were a few times I was launched into a medkit too. Speaking of ranger. The motorcycle is actually practical and fun. It's machine guns are very powerful and the bike phases through body parts and enemies making it very deadly. Turning too sharp will make you fall down and ragdoll if going at high speeds.

Forgot to mention that headshots against frogs actually does extra damage. Making it so it's easy to OHKO them with stronger guns if you aim at their head. Red frogs should have their gun arm removed first since they can kill you within a blink of an eye.

What is this?

Can you play online if you have a plus account? Or do you need a plus subscription for your Japanese account.

Any plus account is fine. Just know that most JP players lock their rooms so they can only play with friends.

With Fencer, you dont need any friends.

B-b-but moonrunes are scary! They are weapons designed to turn people into lolicons, and while reading them you never know when they might spell "oniichan" or "baka". My grandpa used to have some moonrunes over the fireplace and it always frightened me as a child!

Your "look how hard I'm trying to create problems for myself and not enjoy things" mentality is more of a 4chan Holla Forums thing, maybe you should consider going back there.

Those are some pretty legitimate complaints faggot.

Not my fault your standarts are either low or different than mine.
How about you go back to >>>/cuckchan/ so they can shovel their shit tier standarts and console wars shit down your throat?

Nigga, you learned Matoran when you were 10, you can learn kanji now. Even if you are so completely retarded that learning anything is impossible, you still have all the pretty little pictures to show you what you will be killing with. If you have played any of the previous games, which I most certainly hope you have, then everything should be familiar and come to you naturally regardless of what squiggles the Jackhammers use to name themselves.

I don't import because

I learned English to play vidya and I have played the previous games but want to be able to read the descriptions and stats.
I'll learn Japanese one day after I finish Rusky.

Assuming that everyone is an American that doesn't know any language besides english isn't going to take you anywhere.
Besides the fact that importing is still a luxury and not a commodity, especially where I live.

Besides this game, all I mainly have it for is fighting games and even then those are constantly getting ported to PC. I can completely understand why you don't have one and won't get one. All the "weeb" games are on the Vita and PC anyway. For the longest the PS4 was a machine that just got ports from the Vita and only a year ago did it start really forming a library. Yet I'm still avoiding most of the exclusives.
That just comes with EDF. Unless you've only played the PC version, this is to be expected.
The enemies are so big that I don't see how this is even a complaint outside of just preference. You barely even have to aim in this game. Especially when there are passive abilities to make aiming with heavy fencer weapons easier.
Kike tier bullshit and I don't blame you for avoiding it. Only got online again just for this game and Gundam Versus when it first came out. Next time I'll get it is probably around when Virtua ON comes out in February.
Honestly a non-issue. I've gotten mostly everything figured out and just like 4.1, I have to test weapons out anyway to see how practical they are in combat. Something may sound good stats wise but the way the weapon works can be impractical. Many wing diver weapons are like this. I'm on mission 44 and just finished a stage with an Air Raider.

You forgot to mention PSN cards as well. It comes to the point where ordering from Amazon.co.jp is actually cheaper.

You don't even to know moon to play this. I know this jumble of symbols influence this. I don't know what else you need to know.

I'm glad you understand OP
**I was the guy making threads about 4.1 even before anything about a PC version was known, before the Steam leak listed it, even made one where prepping people up for a supposed PC port announcement that turned out to be absolutely nothing.
I commited myself to not buying any home console after 6th Gen until an actual good home console comes around and I plan to keep it that way even if I miss things I would like to play, theres plenty in the market to keep me busy and give me new experiences, especially nowadays compared to the last decade**

What a shameful display

I'm a retard who typed Kanji but meant Katakana. You can just print this out and reference it for most things.

You don't need it, but it doesn't hurt to learn, and Katakana is extremely easy to learn since it is just phonetic English. Only a casual would object to playing vidya they enjoy while learning something that allows them to play and enjoy more vidya at the same time, especially when it takes such little effort.

My only hope is that they have fixed the Helicoptor controls. If they do that I will be happy.

Ok, I ended up buying it. It is downloading right now.
Is any of the DLC any good?
Do I get anything if I buy the season pack right now?

I got my PS4 as a gift from someone. He got me it used but I didn't mind. It was because I got him a Vita for his birthday. Either way, the PS4 doesn't compare to the PS3's library. One thing that does upset me though is the stuff stuck on last gen consoles like Hard Corps Uprising. I would love that game to be on PC. Same with Guardian Heroes and Trouble Witches NEO! However I heard that game may get patched so who knows.

Either way, don't waste your money if you don't at least have several games to play. The only reason to get a new console is to soft mod it in the future so you buy it and never touch it. I may do that with the Switch but I only see Xenoblade 2 as the only game worth playing besides Bomberman.

I didn't have many problems controlling them. What did you find bizarre about them? I can test some out if you need to know.

Just gold shit and Dream C Club decoys. I see no reason to get them. I should learn moon to play those games some day. Mio looks like best girl.
Nothing really important. Shit's expensive so I say avoid it. Saying that, I say never get season passes as you don't actually know what you're paying for.

Aye, thanks for the input

They could do Helicopter controls a lot better (I've only played 4.1).
Space: Ascend
Shift: Descend
W/S: Fly forward/backward
A/D: Strafe left/right
Mouse: Orient Helicopter (Rotate up/down/left/right)

Also I wish AI would get into vehicles with you.

Just had my first encounter with the ayys on stage 46. They're some serious business. They hate you getting close to them and will constantly roll away to either their allies or behind buildings which makes it hard to burn their ass or hit them with my hammer. They have a ton of armor and health too. They won't start really flinching until you remove their armor, unlike frogs. They can also regen their limbs too. They carry very fast automatic guns as well so there's that to be wary of. I might have to use my Air Raider for these guys.

No problem.

I wish there was a way to get them to join you in machines. If there is a way, I would like to know too.

Pure Decoys are the single best tool in the game though. There is no reason not to get them.

POST MAGNET

A magnet link of a PS4 game? I didn't know PS4 had been cracked to the point it can run copies.

The new weapons are pretty good, feels like they are giving you a lot more options now.
The rework on wing diver puts more focus on energy management, feels more fun than before.

That's actually surprising considering this is [CURRENT YEAR]
Are shieldbearers still in too?

Actually, it makes her feel a shitton slower. The charge time added to the thunder bows, lances, and other weapons of that nature makes it incredibly hard for wing divers to fight in close quarters with them because by the time you're charged, you've got 6 pepes and 10 ayys raping you with rapid fire shotgun blasts and plasma bombs. Seeing as how close quarters combat is what those weapons are specifically designed for, it kind of makes no sense to do that. The result has been that I'm at mission 50ish right now and still relying on the initial rapier against large groups of weak enemies because anything else is suicide. On the plus side, the mirage weapons are now actually useful beyond easy level and rapid mirage does a decent job of filling a similar role that assault rifles fill for ranger. And speaking of rangers…

you should know by now that TORfags have never anything that is of any value to anyone to say,best to just filter them and move on

I have not seen any so far, but I am only at mission 15.

I kill the pepes by sneaking up on them and hitting them with the dragon lance, then using the buildings to catch them as they turn the corner.
Also the charge time for the power lance is less than 1 sec while the plasma lance from 4.1 had a firing rate of 1 per second. So this one actually fires faster.
With the thunder bows and other charge weapons you just have to come in prepped. She requires a lot more planning now, but it pays off.

There are very few things in this univer that can rivel the beauty I saw in this poop video. By the way, we need an EDF flag ASAP!

Not that I've ever seen and you can just use a blank account if you're worried about it.
However you could also use SmartSteamEmu's built-in networking to play online without using Steam's networking at all.

Mirage weapons were always useful though. decent at flinch-locking swarms of insects, great at anti-air by knocking lots of things around when hit, and absolutely amazing against dragons since they fall to the ground when hit and cant shit fire anymore.

These frogs are really fun to fight. They come in large waves and they drop a lot of goodies.
On mission 29 you get several groups of them coming at you at a time and each group has six of them in it. Sniping them is really fun because you can easily shoot their limbs off which is also a really useful tactic
I am glad that they rebalanced the Wing Diver so that she is more viable at long range. I don't have to worry too much now about running out of energy if I just stand there and snipe.

Has an english release been announced yet?

None as of yet. However many of the trailers were translated. I have a good feeling we'll get the game around spring or summer next year. A PC version on release however is beyond me. I'm sure they noticed the PC sales but they could release it later in hopes people will double dip.

Holy living fuck, Sandlot outdid themselves. Nothing in EDF 4.1 compares to this.

Any enemies we don't see in the trailers?
no spoilers pls

Not new enemies. It's just a clusterfuck on a scale that I've rarely seen in a game, and every time you think you're finally over the crest, the situation gets exponentially worse. Trying it as air raider, I could constantly call in air strikes and vehicles due to how much shit was going on. Still got slaughtered toward the end of the mission, but thankfully, you get to keep a certain percent of armor and weapon pick ups even when you fail (percent is dependent on difficulty level with it dropping 25% each tier until 0% at inferno).

I wonder if it can top Star Eater in 4.1. That mission was pure insanity without satellite beam abuse.

Just encountered the giant pillbugs. This is the silliest and most annoying enemy I've faced so far. They're not as bad as armored grayys but they can constantly hit you on the ground for a quick defeat.

So is EDF5 worth the import?

Yes.

First week opening with 111K sales in Japan
archive.is/HSywF

Kinda makes it more casual
But aleviates the grind and gives you an edge and a reason to not get compleyely burned out, especially if you get new weapons, so this is leaning towards the more positive aspect

Going by you don't get shit if you fail on Inferno and (and you barely get anything if you fail on Hardest) that's pretty much where you're gonna fail the most so the effects aren't as big as you think.

Whats the best place to import it from?
Playasia was selling it for $69.99 is there a cheaper place?

EDF5 is awesome, personally I think it is way better than EDF4.1.
I downloaded it and got the season pass.
Also the season pass also gives you all the DLC so don't bother buying that separately.

How much DLC is there?

12, nothing worth getting so far.
They are going to release mission packages eventually, at least I hope so.

isnt that what those are supposed to do?

It's definitely a better game than EDF 4.1, which was already good to begin with. The main thing is that it fixes some of the annoying stuff from the previous titles, especially when it comes to grinding and completing missions based on difficulties. Trophies no longer require you to kill a certain amount of each enemy type or get all weapons, and if you complete a mission on a high difficulty, such as Hard, the lower difficulties are considered completed too.

Air Raider is more fun to play than just the vehicles. Ranger can sprint, and he can either summon light vehicles or get a passive that either increase the dash speed, give a bigger AoE to grab items, etc. Balam is better as the devs increased its attack speed and gave new melee combos. Fencer NPCs with melee weapons are a lot more useful as they can cancel dash and are more aggressive. Giant frogs and ayy lmaos are quite smart enemies compared to the mindless giant insects and drones. I also liked the missions where you fight enemies in a town covered by the mist, or in a industrial complex at night. Well a lot of improvements and more variety around.

You're still about to experience framerates issues on PS4, but I only recall them when I was against the giant machine walker, a very high amount of spiders throwing their webs at once, or when there are more than 3-4 deroys being present on screen and attacking (though I also experienced the latter on PC in 4.1 but that's due of having a Pentium dual-core CPU)

Oh yeah I ended up buying digitally because I live in Europoor and importing a PS4 game is more likely to get through the customs, if not bought on sale.

I mainly bought it for any future mission packs. I was assuming that the other DLC was something that you have to buy separately. That is something that is pretty common season passes.