Fable

do you remember this gem? have you played the remake yet?
for young fags, this is a must try game, adventure/rpg, you will literally live the life of your character

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world
steamcommunity.com/app/288470/discussions/0/613935404068499712/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fable sucks, Peter Molyneux is a fag who over hypes his games and you have shit taste.

Should I play the original or the remake?

There is no "remake". There is a really shitty "HD" remaster, but there isn't a remake. And no, you shouldn't play it.

lol

Played it, game wasn't really that great but it was OK, and the mana shield is really broken because it lets you easily get huge XP multipliers.

technically other user is right, it is just an HD remaster,
I haven't put the two side by side but the newer is pretty gud
don't mind the retards and try for yourself, the game is fun

Hey, if Stephan Molyneux designed it i'm sure its a great game

Fable was good, but all of the promises not kept hurt the game a bit. The remaster looks ugly as hell, but the original takes some work to run acceptably on modern hardware.
It's an interesting world to run through and it has kind of interesting moral choices, combat feels fine, but there isn't any sort of depth to it.
Most of the fun in the game is in breaking it, to be honest.
I wouldn't call it a must try and if it's a gem, it's rough, but go form your own opinion. It's free, after all.

No. Fable was the first game to suck me in with it's hype, then let me down with how underwhelming it was. On the other hand it taught me to be skeptical of others and to lower my expectations of anything and everything.

Are you 12? Everybody played that disappointing piece of shit.

sure you're entitled to your opinion if you have played it
I for one remember it being one the best games I've at the time, being hooked nearly start to finish
but saying it was not a gem nor influential is wrong,
since it had open world, free alignment, choices that may or may not matter,
even little details like getting scarred and whoring around to recover HP

Fable is no masterpiece but all the people in this thread acting like it's shit and like it was no big deal when it came out probably weren't around back then.

It's not a gem or influential. Everything it had other games did before it and better, you stupid fuck.

Oh look, you never played it.

I loved this game as a kid. Looking back at it today, it's clear to see how it's aged, and overall it's flawed in many ways, but I think it's still an enjoyable experience. Plus it had a really comfy soundtrack which I think is the best part of the game. For anyone who hasn't played, it's not a necessity to play when the same kind of game has been done better since then, but if you're looking for a nice fantasy RPG to kill some hours, give it a try.

it only sucks if you heard the hype
if you just picked it up one day, it's great

FUCKING MICROSOFT

yeah but 2 and 3 were allegedly trash either way

and to sum up if someone wants it
the original fable lost chapters still holds pretty well for PC
the new one is obviously remastered, so slighter better graphics, but the big point is that is was designed for and works better with a controller

Fable 2 was not nearly as horrible as Fable 3. It still had a proper menu system and inventory, the dog works better in 2
And I'm pretty sure without the DLC it's straight up impossible to get your dog back. It actually dies in the game.

I played the original on the Xbox when it first released, and played the Anniversary release recently on PC since I never got a chance to try The Lost Chapters before. Holy fuck, that was a short "expansion". I was expecting it to be twice or three times as long, and I didn't even take the shortcuts of just killing the easiest targets. I wasn't really expecting Bloodmoon or Tribunal, but a few extra hours of content would have gone a long way. And the final boss was not only easier than the final boss of the main game, but he's a lazy copout.

But, I like Fable games. They've got their problems, and they're not mechanically very compelling, but I still find them fun to play, and they're comfy.

Molyneux is a hack, but I miss having auteur game developers with a sense of vision and ambition (even if that ambition is technically and financially impossible). Whether good or bad, we need more Richard Garriots, Kojimas, Kamiyas, Molyneuxs, Gilberts, etc. Sure as fuck beats games being drafted up in a board room full of marketers and focus tested in the ground to the point where it's so bland, soul-less, and inoffensive as to be the vidya equivalent of plain oatmeal.

It fucking blows. One of the slowest blandest and lifeless rpgs I ever played.

I'm doing TLC right now and I don't know if the game is like this normally, but the volume is fucked on PC. The music is always blaring over the sfx and voice acting no matter what level I put it at and the voice volume changes dramatically based on where the fucking camera is pointing. Example

this game is shit tbh

The Lost Chapters. Not the "HD" rerelease, nor the original plain "Fable."

hello,
is fable 1 good
thank,
user

I know the issue, might be a "3d" sound thing before the time they figured it out properly
I don't remember having issues originally, but then again, that was literally eons ago, the remaster sounded fine though

tbh, I don't remember how it was sold as, but basically it was only the PC port with extra content, no?
I only played the PC version so I wouldn't know whats the difference

Well if there is no way to fix it and it's just the game aging horribly then I'll just have to deal with it.

I played through the HD remaster recently, was pretty fun considering last time I went through the game was in 2009 or so. The game is a lot of wasted potential whoever, I was sad to see they didn't bother adding anything besides prettier graphics in the HD edition and even some of the changes aren't that good. Also kinda disappointing the steam workshop support never really took off since they didn't actually bothered to give an editor to go with it.

Nigger fuck off >>>/cuckchan/

Fable was shit. One of the worst examples of Peter Molyneux lying about what the game was capable of. It's also not a gem since it was hyped to the moon and back.

dubs

I was around back then.
It was.
I remember the hype, and how everyone felt blue balled after came it out. You sound like someone who was 12 when you first played it at release. Play it now and see why it got rightfully shat on.

Fable 2 was the only good Fable game.

join him >>>/cuckchan/

I will never get this meme.

Play TLC, the remaster is a shitty console port and its telling that you can't use mouse controls on the settings menu.

please leave

liked and subscribed

sage for shit game

fable was alright

then they made the combat really retarded and on 3 shoved a fist up the ass of anyone that played the previous games and actually knew or cared about the story

Yeah, I remember it being so shitty that I didn't finish it and gave it away.

"You escaped to the world of magic because you had a shitty childhood with abusive parents. You'll go on an adventure to de-FOO and find An-Cap powers along the way"
GOTY material right there

Didn't follow the molyneux hype-train, so when I rented it from Blockbuster i was in for a nice little light action RPG, with a story just good enough to keep me playing (some plot twists here and there helped) Soundtrack was pretty cool also. I dunno, i remember it pretty fondly. hunting for the 'artefact' weapons was my main activity

Also lady grey was one of my early vidya fps

I am very tired

This. I found it installed on a library and liked it ever since. I was really disappointing with all the sequels, though, that couldn't even keep the fucking gameplay.
As for the "HD release", it's shit, is literally a mask over the old textures, which makes it clunky and fucking horrible. Just play the original, it escalates to 1920p.

It's Wasted Potential: The Game, and since it's made by Western developers all the waifus are disgusting whores.

It is possible to get the dog back, regardless of whether or not you get the DLC

Fun game to stumble onto as a kid who hadn't heard any of the false promise hype. By no means a perfect game (mana shield, romance system being equip facial hair cards and everyone instantly loves you, HP recovery spam through paused menus), but I look back on it fondly, especially since it got me interested in the idea of open world, your choices matter, alignment vidya.

Amazing! Personally I liked 2 more, even though the other "heroes" annoyed me. But damn was the magic fun to use in that game.

I played Fable long after the hype around the game had died down, so I had no idea what it was about. I ended up really enjoying it.

you only age if you use the green xp points

Speaking of trying, you're way overdoing it

Doesn't change that no one else ages.

t. weaboo cuck

pretty much this, since I was caveman even back then, I had no idea about the hype either, so that must be the key
but same as I've said in OP, it was a fun game

also, the remaster isn't that bad, its not as dark as everyone makes out to be, the only issue being the controls, which if you have a controller its worth it

Can you stop pretending it's a good game? It's shit, it fails at everything, but especially the gameplay. The choices presented are even more cartoonish than a BioWare game, the worldbulding is shit and the artstyle makes everyone look like deformed dwarfs.

It's not even the fact Molyneux lied to everyone about the game, it's that when the game came out it was shit. It's basically the Sims of RPGs, made for extreme casuals.

So? I had fun.

Absolutely. I was fourteen or fifteen when I started following it, back when it was still called Project Ego. I remember something about the PC being out working in some fields, only to come back finding his family slaughtered and his dog nailed to the front door. I kept reading articles in a friend's copy of OXM, and I was incredibly excited about the game. While I did enjoy the final result, it didn't live up to the hype. Peter Molyneux is a faggot.

Of course they are, this game is a fable, as in children's fable. Even the artstyle is designed to reinforce this whimsical mood. Unlike Bioware trash, it doesn't try hard to be taken seriously or as some commentary on social non-issues.

That would make sense if the game didn't touch upon darker subjects or the main villain wasn't a bonafide edgelord. As it is, the infantile morality is just a cheap copout to not bother coming up with interesting quests. And let's not pretend Fable shied away from leftist bullshit.

Never paid attention to what Peter Molyneux said about Fable. I just played the game once because of the hype, and enjoyed it.

It didn't feature communism as solution to all problems, homo romances, genderisms, racial issues, every man being a born rapist. Compared to Bioware or modern Ubisoft it was pretty tame.

Fable 3 has your childhood friend cuck you. That's worse than anything BioWare has actually done.

The thread was originally about the first one. I've only ever played TLC, and the most cucked thing you could do is marry the coalburner Lady Grey after killing her bull.

It actually did have homosexual romances and you could marry a man

Fable 3 had some fucking weird writing in it. It was an obvious glorification of Monarchism as you do end up completely throwing aside the rebels no matter if you were good or evil as you had complete control of the throne, yet they tried to push that the Hero was an "every man" when they are the master race of the setting.

If you don't remember the sound of a chain of male laborers dropping their boxes of cargo to start clapping and shouting "woohoo, yaaaaay" every time you ran by then you didn't really play fable

How is that not fucking bad?

Fable 3 felt like an acid trip. So many stupid design decisions (especially the fact you had to physically warp to your magic room to equip things), a complete lack of any challenge, building up your childhood friend and giving her a unique model only to later find her fucking some random dude, and if you marry her she behaves no differently than any other generic NPC (thank you for slaughtering all them peasants to spare her goy!) you can find and the story was pure stupid. I liked the idea you're the king and you have to get your throne back. Sadly, it's all wasted potential, what could have been an exciting story full of intrigue and scheming degenerates into the godawful shitpile that every Fable game is.

I never tried it. The bad guy playthrough instead makes everyone cower in fear. I'm still pretty sure there were no homo couples among the NPCs, the PC must be the only one allowed to openly flaunt faggotry.

It is bad. Just like that bordello quest where one ways of solving it is getting the enemy drunk and then crossdressing and letting him bumfuck you. Though thankfully both Lady Grey and tranny shit are optional.

Nigger, that's the most anti-cuck thing you could accomplish. You rob Thunder out of his little sister, you cheat him out of his position as the go-to hero and then you finally beat his ass and take his waifu away. A waifu that canonically didn't put out no less.

I completely forgot about that part. Now I remember why I gave up on the game.

Yeah, nah.

You can still finish the quest and leave her penny-less and him a washout bum.

I remember playing it back when it came out, was never really impressed, thought it was dull, childish and boring.

All things that had existed in RPGs before Fable, along with characters aging and choices visibly altering your alignment. What Molyneux did was just bring back some concepts that hadn't been seen for a while and stuck them in a story-guided action RPG that went by too quickly to really let you appreciate the evolution of your character. TLC fixed the pacing a bit, but I still wouldn't call it pioneering. What Molyneux promised, however, would have been innovative: a world that really does age over time, instead of in sudden abrupt blocks triggered by story progress.

Sure, but don't say that keeping her is any good, then, faggot. Killing Thunder and then killing her are the most acceptable things to do.

The only really good part of 3 was just the throne room decisions since it seemed like it actually did change some shit in the world, albeit as short as it was. Something that is better than a lot of games with these "your decisions changes the game" adventure story bullshit. Everything else about the game can certainly be swept away under the carpet though.

The decisions themselves were pretty lame, though. Sure, the decisions had consequences of sort and actually changes the enviroment, but it's your standard "Good vs Evil" kind of thing. Not like Fable ever tried to do different. Even then, the changes barely changed things other than adding a building or stuff like that. The ones I remember the most are the brothel and draining the lake.

I never said keep her.

Bullshit. It's more of a be a dick / don't be a dick scale. As for decisions having consequences the most obvious one is a bloody joke.
>the mcguffin of the game

The sword of Aeons was actually the strongest sword of the game with a damage of 520+ before TLC, then it was nerfed and they gave you Avo's Tear as consolation. It did not make sense at all, since it made the existence of the Sword of Aeons a fucking joke. TLC wasn't all that good in the first place. Jack of Blades becoming a dragon is beyond retarded.

You're trying too hard.

kys faggot

I don't understand why people like it so much. Gameplay wise it adds a lot of things to the game, but story-wise is a joke and makes the base story pointless, including the Sword of Aeons.

come on, that is pretty fucking hilarious, that was another positive thing with the game, it had those wtf moments

that would been cool indeed, but not having heard of the hype I just appreciated the game for what it is: a game

anyway, considering this is Holla Forums, half the thread liked, and there was minimal Holla Forums, I can consider this a success

You have to waste your wish in the Black Tower on reviving your sister and your dog to do that though.
And then you shut off like 90% of the post game quests.

You can't even bone best girl.

The crossdressing part isn't necessary. You can just give him enought beer to drunk him into sleep. Then your character just lead him to the bed and he tell you in sleep the thing you want.

Can we all agree that Reaver is the worst character even created and it's just ridiculous that the games force your to work with him and won't even let you hurt him?

Yes. He was an insufferable faggot. It's like they tried so hard to make him some sort of loveable, cool asshole but failed miserably.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how he can constantly appease the Shadow Court if the only way any average person can get to them with the seal is by reading the normanomicon? I mean, for fucks sake. No person would be able to survive shadow hobbes, men and balverines while avoiding traps on top of that. Not to mention they also have to traverse wraithmarsh which is infested with hollow men and fucking banshees.

TLC is the definitive version

Also

No, user. It was worse.

Plus he kills off main badguy if you let him talk to long, which is just stupid and make him feel more like a edge oc. And he kills Barnum, who was one of my fav characters in Fable, for no reason beside "I am evil lol".

Damn. It's like they completely forgot to put the likeable part in likeable asshole. If there was a narrative reason for him being an asshole like setting him up to be villain or getting your comeuppance later on it'd make sense, but it's like they thought people would like having an annoying, untouchable dickhead in your group.

Jack of Blades was generally retarded.

Stephen Fry is an insufferable faggot so it fits.

2 fell into the "not bad" realm IMO

It isn't worth playing.

OP IS A CHICKENCHASER

Stop lying to people who're barely past being sperms.

If you're too young to have played this first time around fuck off to somewhere that mops up your piss and applesauce.

Unfortunately, your conception has turned out to be a failure.

Upvoted my fellow redditor :^)

forever

Every time I heard "Tatty-bye," I'd nearly ragequit.

CHICKEN CHASER, IS IT?

So after coming across this thread, a few days ago, I pirated the PC port and just beat the game. Play time was about 12 hours, but I did most of the side quests, and also dicked around with stuff like demon doors, marriage, and treasure hunting. It was an enjoyable experience, the best parts being the aesthetics (great visual design on most weapons and armor sets, as well as a fantastic soundtrack as I remembered). The game is far from perfect, however; the largest flaws were certainly the imbalanced combat system (magic barrier + 50 mana potions = infinite combat multiplier, never take damage or die, aka gg), somewhat generic story, and the lack of motivation to engage in most side stuff outside of roleplaying. Something I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is how easy the game is if you spend your money efficiently and don't waste experience on useless upgrades. To give a sense of context to anyone who hasn't played the game or doesn't remember it too well, the tiers of armor are robes, leather, chainmail, and plate, and the tiers for melee weapons are iron, steel, obsidian, and master; by the halfway point of the game, I had a full suit of plate armor, a master greatsword (greatswords being the best melee weapons), and had used my experience on mostly strength upgrades, making it so that I was able to kill most enemies in one hit. I never saw much of a reason to deviate from melee except for when the game forces you to use archery, and even then such circumstances are rare. Considering playing through it again with some artificial handicaps to make the second playthrough a little harder.

Overall, a fun game with a lot to enjoy if you're a fan of fantasy RPGs and aren't looking for anything too deep or expansive to get into. Not without many flaws, of course, but a good time sink nonetheless.

(checked)
I was so fucking pissed about Barnum, for real. I was angrier about that than him fucking me over with that bullshit youth deal. The fact that we don't get the option to kill him, especially in Fable 3 when he's literally not even plot-relevant anymore, grinds my fucking gears. Fucking edgy Deviantart-tier OC insert bullshit.

Oh yeah, and one thing I forgot to mention: with quests, you can take boasts prior to starting the quest, which is where you wager money and if you successfully complete the quest while fulfilling the boast you get extra money, otherwise the wagered gold is lost. There are many generic boasts, like doing the quest without armor, only using fists, and not taking any damage, but there are also quest-specific boasts. I mention this because there's a quest where you're supposed to raid a bandit camp, and one of the boasts is to complete the quest without harming a single bandit. At the start of the quest, you have to sneak into the camp through a series of patrols, which is where the game's mediocre stealth comes into play. Trying to sneak around them was fucking infuriating and took me half an hour of reloading just to get it right, because if they see you they trigger the alarm and you can't get in without killing them. And even when you do get in, you have to run through the camp with bandits chasing you until you can assemble the pieces of a bandit outfit to blend in. So, in general, fuck this quest and fuck that boast, both are bullshit.

sounds like fun, I'm slowly starting to remember it more, but yeah
its a classic fun game of the genre,
did you play the newer one though?
I'm looking forward to soon after I finish my current ones, the newer one, mostly because of the the controller support

I did not play the newer one, though from what I understand most of the changes are quality of life changes, not substance changes. That being said, the newer version is probably still better overall to play if you do plan to give it a go. Try to find a crack online if you can, I only played the older one because it was the first version I found and was super easy to find.

People hate Fable 1 for the same reason they hate Spore. They bought into the marketing hype and had incredible, impossible expectations that were invariably unreachable, and their bitterness made them unable to see everything good in the game.

That's why marketing is bad, and people who buy into it are worse. Dumb fucks.

agreed

I have already found and tested,
but yeah the only difference is graphical, and perhaps improved UI
but the new one is geared to controllers, plays exactly like the console one

For reasons I can't quite articulate, I thought 2 had really good gunplay
Taking limbs off hollow men and playing that shooting range minigame was fun as fuck even if the rest of the game was lackluster

Ah nice, I'd suggest setting some challenge for your playthrough, as I mentioned earlier the difficulty of the game is not too high for any decent player. What I was thinking of doing for any future playthrough would be an all magic playthrough, with all boasts taken on every quest (except for boasts that cannot be taken while another is active).

It's a hunk of shit. All the Fables are. Terrible combat. Pointless money-making. Life-sim shit that is like a crippled GBA version of Sims 2. The novelty of the game wears off in half an hour and you're left with a shit story, mindless combat, and pointless quests.

I remember it being an utter disappointment compared to what Peter Molyneux was promising during prior E3's. On top of the fact that it was too god damn short. Yeah, it was novel, but when you promise the type of shit Peter was talking about, it was on dimensions higher of what was given. Also if you truly were an oldfag, you'd know this, unless you were 4-12 when the game originally came out.

In all honesty, how old were you when the game originally came out?

There was nothing influential about the game. Nothing it did stood out compared to many wrpgs that have came out prior

It was linear as all fuck. All the zones were basically just trails that went down a single path. Even the Xbox had games like Morrowind years prior that had open world environments. Open world was nothing new at the time and this by all means was not open world.

Good or Evil. Two absolutes with usually just two options. Take care of the baby or rape and eat the baby.

What choices were ones that mattered? Superficial ones like some npc that might give off two lines of dialogue if they live? Like that one nigger bitch that you get to spare or kill at the arena? I think the only thing I recalled about her if you spared her is that she showed up to fight random enemies near the finale but it was basically pointless since she did nothing.

Ok if you meant by you getting scared that means you were definitely 4-6 when the game originally came out.

Spam health potions?

I think the only major positive is that the game looked pretty damn good for an Xbox game. But keep in mind that also meant much of the game was chopped up into small maps such as pic related. Also in regards to the image, this is what I meant by linear. Everything was a small trail you had to follow to progress.

I think that user means that you got scars if you were """killed""" and used a Resurrection Phial. They made you scarier to NPCs.

One of my problems with Fable 2 and 3 is that they take the amazingly beautiful world crafted in Fable 1 and instead of expanding it they fucking throw it out of the windows, justifying it with "several hundreds of year have passed". The atmosphere of the first game is really comfy for a lot of reasons, the colors, the music, even the cartoonish designs. To put it simple, Fable 2 and 3 pretty much lacks everything that made Fable 1 enjoyable, and although Fable 1 is not an excellent game, is enjoyable to play. Fable 2 and 3 are not.

I'd say the problem is that even though here are tiers with armors, there are no cons about using plates, or benefits of using leather. You can sped all your points on skill and magic and you can still use plates without a single problem. You'd think that plates would make you slow if you're not strong enough or leather would make you lighter for moving faster or sneak around, but nope, just get the best gear and do whatever the fuck you want. I replayed fable recently because it's one of those games I rush at least yearly or so, and at this point, I do it out of role-play than actual difficulty because it just doesn't exist, not to mention the ways you can break the game like Time Stop + Double Hit + Berserk, you hit with the force of berserk twice without the knockdown, like holy shit.

That was one of the worst quest because even if you kill them, they just send another patrol, you need to kill them without them seeing you, meaning you have to decapitate them with the bow. As for boast, it's a really nice concept, but the boasts are simply ridiculous and stupid, try finishing a mission with fists only, even with strength on max, killing a hobbe takes several hits.

How the fuck that does mean it's not open world? You can travel the world as much as you like and find little secrets here or there. Only because the main quest is linear doesn't make the game linear. Comparing Fable to Morrowind is really silly considering how different they are.
He meant getting scars, or getting more muscular, or getting old, even though those mechanics usually don't make sense, you don't see them at all.

Oh right right right the scars. I forgot how forgettable that was. The most you got was some quip from a random stranger, but I don't remember any noticeable difference that effected gameplay. Were women less likely to be attracted to you? Because I remember being covered in scars and every god damn bitch wanting to fuck me 3/4th's in and if they didn't you'd have enough gold to buy their love.

He's acting as if open world was somehow unique. Even if it were open world, it was nothing original in any sense. The world is made up of several instanced minimaps. Most are locked until you complete parts of the main quest, and there are some things in game that if you miss doing it as you progress through the main story, you can't go back and do it.

Once you unlock areas you can travel to them, but after a bit of exploration the urge to do so isn't really there, unless you want to do some side quests or minor quick events. Also, once you become aware of it, most of the maps are one-directional. There are motives to taking side paths, but it's pretty much go from (w, x) to (y, z) on the given path.

By definition, no it's not an open world game. At most it's pseudo open world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world

I think only if you tried you hardest to stay neutral.
If you were full good, everyone wanted to bone you no matter how you looked. If you were full evil, everyone disliked you (unless you just kept spamming them gifts).

Which was incredibly easy considering how money was so plentiful to buy up everything.

this!

it may not have been amazingly open world by definition, but it was a well designed one

they actually made a "hero mode" for the veteran players in the newer version of the game, obviously I went with that one, I'm sure about it, but it just seems all around harder
steamcommunity.com/app/288470/discussions/0/613935404068499712/

in all honesty for the illumination of the thread,
I was about 17 in 2004, but only played the lost chapters on PC, which was at least a year later,
I'm not american either, so I literally couldn't care less about E3 or any hype events (and still don't care to this day)
I even remember though, this was one of the games I had to buy physically, and how amazed at the graphics I was

so it starts up all colorful and whatnot like a children's game
about 1 minute inyou find the guy cheating his wife behind the house, offering you bribe to keep quiet
as a passing advice he tells you to don't tie down, and always look after yourself first

I liked it when I played it but didn't have any expectations. Really disliked 2 and 3.

Anyone else used the "flirt" command with children? Ya know, just to see if it had any consequences.

Fable: TLC was a 7/10 game that compensated for its faults by being strong in other aspects. It deserved a sequel to improve on the formula as it had potential.
Instead each game was significantly worse than the previous one.

It would be nice if Fable had mods that did that, but there isn't any single mod for the game, not that I know of.

I guess they decided a more "cinematic" approach to fights. That just made everything worse. Molyneux really don't fucking understand what makes games fun.

Also, steampunk is for retards.

It was okay. I'd say it didn't live up to the unreasonable expectations it put forward more than it basically made you age as you went through the game. It had a few high moments, but it failed compared to pretty much any better RPG.

You don't get to "literally live the life" of your character so much as you just… fucking get old. The game makes you look older without really making you feel the effects of aging; you can still whack shit just as hard at 30 and 70, you don't get any slower, and nobody around you really ages aside from your sister.

I bought and played it through, and it didn't make me want to buy the DLC or any of the sequels or other entries into the series. Fable is underwhelming at best, and falsely advertised at worst.

lame/10 would not recommend.