LEGEND OF THE MOTHERFUCKING HEROES NIGGA

Im an hour into this and so far its painfully boring.
When does it pick up and I actually start having fun

The second game. You need to have some level of patience with this series because it’s a slow burn.

I should add that the first games of a new arc are always set up so you get to learn about the characters before shit hits the fan so you really start feeling for them.

It's been a couple hours since I started and I'm already sick of this bossy cunt, does this improve?

Yes

Dude life is short, if you don't like that game play something else.

Its a long game dude.
Im just asking if pace picks up later on since ive played a lot of RPGs that started off slow and boring but got really fun later on. FF12 and Radiata Stories to name a few…. If not, then yeah I play something else.

Played about 10 hours. It showed no signs of improving and when I asked the same question you did, the answer was that if you were 10 hours in and didn't like the game, that it wasn't worth continuing because the basic structure didn't change much. Also, the combat fucking bows.

The first game of each Trails sub series is a slow burn. There are a lot of character introductions, world building, lore, with plot going on in the background. The first game ends with kicking it in to high gear for the second game, since it got over its worldbuilding and character introductions and whatnot to focus on the plot but it's a slow as fuck burn until then.

Different strokes but I really enjoyed it. If you're not interested after a few chapters then you can probably drop it, it isn't for you. If you're mildly interested enough to stick with it and see the characters grow and develop alongside what's happening around them, then it might draw you in.

So should I stop wasting my time and skip to the second game?

You skip to the second game and nothing will make sense, user.

I am so sick and tired of people who lack patience.

You can try, but the second game is a direct sequel that picks up pretty much where the first one left off (on a cliffhanger).

The background plot of the first game comes to the forefront at the end, and continues on into and through the second game.

So things won't really connect plotwise. A lot of things won't make sense, and you'd miss a huge chunk of character development and interaction (if that's your thing).

The third game is semi-related to the overarching plot but all the characters return. Most of all it just acts as a plot bridge between the Trails in the Sky series and the Trails to Zero/Trails to Azure duology, and the Trails of Cold Steel tetralogy.

Fml

Listen fuckboy, I don't lack patience. Ive played and beaten both Tactics Ogre and FFTA with its retarded Law Card system. I m just not really having a lot of fun right now with TITS and was just asking if it picks up.
Shit!

Oh boy, you fell for the falcom RPG meme.
They are all shit, keep away from them.
Hope you pirated it or that you can still refund.

Doesn't cold steel pull this crap too?

I feel pity for you

Yeah, but there’s a good reason for it.

It does. Though the sequels usually pick up right where you left off, continuing the plot.

Cold Steel 1 does it, Cold Steel 2 drops a bomb on you but it doesn't really end on a cliffhanger, since the main plot is over for those two games, though the main character's plot thread continues into 3, which apparently ends on another cliffhanger for CS4.

The plot and characters that have been introduced and incredibly boring and the battle system so far isn't good enough to carry the game by itself. IDK it seems to have a lot of customization so maybe I have to experiment more before I have more options than just whacking enemies with my pole.

Just wait, things pick up after a few hours.

I don’t know what you want from character introductions, user.

something not as painfully generic.
I think I had a miniature aneruism when the timeskip happened and Joshua's whole characterization is "nothing personal kid hehehe"

If Trails isn’t your speed then I suggest playing the Ys games.

But that wasn’t his characterization after the timeskip at all in the first game. Before the timeskip when Cassius “finds” him, there’s a good reason why he’s an edgy cunt. He mellows the fuck out but he’s still somewhat distant and not showing his real self, again, for good reason.

I can't be the only one who looks at Estelle and feels absolutely nothing. It's like staring at a dry slice of bread on a paper plate.

You do know when this game was made, right?

You are because you yourself are a dry slice of bread

Listen here, you dumb nigger, you're the biggest faggot in all of Holla Forums, you can't deal with shit that doesn't give you gratification instantly, and that's because you're a little faggot. Have you ever beaten a game that requires you to deal with a little bit of patience to start playing? No you haven't, because you're a little faggot. A white man plays a game knowing one hour isn't a representation of the whole game, whereas dumb nigger like yourself bitches about one hour of a game. Go back to sucking jew cock you little faggot, you'll get your instant gratification that way, for you'll ejaculate within 5 seconds, dumb jew nigger.

Why do people claim this shit is the holy grail of JRPGs? Is it just all because of SJW praise cause it's got an unsexy bossy domineering female protagonist who don't need no man?

it gets good eventually but i don't remeber when, i do remebre i got bored as fuck at the start but then it hooked me and i couldn't drop it until the third game (wich is a tower dungeon)

Story telling relies on 3 basic premises: the audience needs to be lured in quickly, the audience needs to get hooked fairly early on, and finally the audience needs to keep biting.

This is why the first few sentences and the first page of a novel is the most important one. Ask any successful author and they'll tell you the same thing. Go read successful novels and they'll all share the same common element: the first few lines catch your interest. Intros in music are the same, since listeners will just swap to another song if what they hear isn't catching their attention. Not so much for films since films rely more on trailers to garner initial attention.

You have your intro done and you need to solidify the audience's attention. Books might have a few chapters, movies a few minutes. This can be done through characters, humour, writing, camera work, action scenes, oh shit moements, etc, etc. Some popular examples would be: Jaime pushing Bran off of the tower, Hagrid telling Harry he's a wizard, the requests at the wedding in the Godfather, the drill sergeant scene in Full Metal Jacket, etc, etc. At that point, the audience will stick around for the rest of the story.

That one's more general, but can be summed up by "don't fuck up". If your story has rules, follow them. If your characters have been acting a certain, make sure their actions don't abruptly change for no reason, no deus ex machina, etc, etc. Tie it up with a satisfying ending.

So what does this wall of text have to do with this shitty JRPG? This shitty game fails to deliver on the first two points. So playing this game for the story is out. The gameplay is bad, like every other JRPG out there and the combat is boring. It doesn't want to make me keep playing. I have better shit to do with my time than play a game that fails to make it want to play it more.

You aren't even worth my fucking time, you're someone who watches childrens shows. You're no better than people like Dobson who only watch Steven universe and claim it's mature.

This reminds me of that part in Harry Potter where Ron and Harry fought. In the end, Voldemort gets defeated, just like Trump will.

If you have better things to do, then why are you on an image board writing paragraphs about how you think a game is bad because your head is too far up your ass?

Why haven't you played Xanadu Next yet?

Shit posting on an image board about how bad a game is, to me, a better use of time than playing said bad game.

and you would be correct
the ensuing triggeredness, which has evidently occurred previously ITT, also feels more rewarding

What a joke. TiTS is mind-numbingly boring and has the worst cliffhanger ending only made worse by the realisation that you spend dozens of hours of trudging through shit to get there.

Are you okay O__O????

I played like 10 hours of that game and gave up. Nothing happened in the story, the combat sucked dick, no point to continue. I'd find more entertainment cleaning my house but then I do enjoy housework like that so I don't know if it counts

Nope, I fap to muscle yaoi, the sentence you've uttered is verifiably false because I exist you double nigger faggot

You'll make a good wife user. Are you cute?

If you don't like reading, lore, story, characters and adventure for fuck sake go back to playing PUBG.

It's a jrpg.

What the hell is that??? Where did I even say I didn't like any of that???
Quit being such an autistic idiot for five seconds in your life!

No I'm not, learn how to play the fucking game, you faggot. You're a fucking faggot. your mom sucks jew cock, you little faggot.

Things that jrpgs are most known for.

Shut up or ill whip you, boy.

Have you ever fixed a fridge? i have, you haven't, you don't know shit, go back to playing Call of duty you fucking double nigger.

Don't know what you understand as cute, but I definitely am not ugly.

Are you trying to be annoying on purpose? Just because it has lots of text doesn't mean any of it is well-written or interesting and nothing I've seen in the first X hours could possibly compensate for the shitty gameplay. It was all boring. OP is right, you suck dicks.

Also user go read the Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest, it totally picks up after the first 200 chapters. You're not an impatient mongoloid, are you? Just do it, I promise the first few hours of reading sucking dicks totally pays off even though nothing indicates it will. You can't merely skim anything though, read it properly or else you're doing it wrong.

This is getting too gay

You sound incredibly autistic and perturbed. Keeping taking shots in the dark though at my vidya preferences, im sure you'll hit your target eventually.
loving every laff

Fine, Gone Home then, big difference that makes.

Here's a redpill OP
Holla Forums has SHIT tastes and will circlejerk anything niche or obscure.
Trails in the Sky is NOT a good game and has not aged well. Falcolm is overrated and Holla Forums circlejerks it because they're not kikes (even though recently they're kind of being kikes)
It's NOT a good game.
You're better off playing SO2 if you want a sprite-based jrpg with 3d world.

Honestly. Just play FFT, Tactics Ogre, Bahamut Lagoon, or anything of better quality. the combat is boring and the characters are plain and generic.
Try suikoden II instead.

Thanks for your wisdom anonymous.

This is a nice template that can be spammed in any thread.

You could just shorten this to "most of Holla Forums are now the xbox generation and have no standards"

its a shitty generic gook rpg spammed by low-iq falcom-shills.

and you fell for their shilling.

this post will cause falcom-fags anal ruptures

agreed

Not that nigger, but I'll never touch this game even though I like Faxanadu because it looks like a shittier version of Diablo.

You've pretty much got the game down already once you're a couple of hours in. Talk to everyone, over and over. Oh look, this NPC says something different now. Amazing, incredible - it must have taken them two whole minutes to write that npc's dialogue and make it update. Such careful attention to detail.

It's cute in Ys because Ys has actual gameplay and this stuff is just meant to be a short break from it. But the legend of heroes is just trash.

It's a better version of diablo just for not having bad combat and controls. Diablo may as well have been turn based like it was originally designed.

it does barely improve, but if you are truly bored just drop it. fans claim it is a "slow burn" but it's actually a really boring, mediocre jRPG with a great backstory that is never properly used and becomes sorta a cliché joke in later iterations. The series had a lot of potential and it was never realized.

A what now?

Probably means Star Ocean 2.

Thanks user.

Do you mean all of Legends of Heroes since it was under the Dragon Slayer banner, from Gharghav trilogy forward or just the Trails series?

You're an idiot…
Boring games regardless of genre shouldn't have to be tolerated for internet points. If you think im impatient for that, whatever, but you all are genuinely thicc in the head to force yourselves to play a game that sucks just because its a niche title and you feel superior to other players just because you subjected yourself to it

I just love when someone fails for jrpg games, then wastes hours upon hours never learning that whole genre sucks dicks. And then after completing 80 hours of grindan, painful obvious dialogues and utterly boring turn based combat sequences, people start protecting their wasted time because psychologically they can't accept they got tricked into playing shit. And then they play more of same repetitive shit with exactly same story but with hair of anime characters colored differently. Completely killing the soul and losing taste for anything worthy.

Have you considered playing a good JRPG?
I'm taking the piss, I've never played Trails in the Sky.

Just to amuse the thought, does good JRPGs share the same elements across the board, or is it on case by case basis? Furthermore, how do we objectively measure a good JRPG, or do we just base it on player's own subjective experiences?

Its nothing like Diablo
Ist more like Zelda if anything

Its got nothing to do with feeling superior.

TitS is a story game, if you prefer gameplay over story you shouldn't even have downloaded this.

I don't give a shit about competitive gameplay so I don't bother with Dark Souls. Don't make threads on games that aren't for you.

What does that even mean????
All RPG's are "story games". If you are trying to say that it prioritizes story telling and dialogue over gameplay than it should have just been an VN series instead.

VNs aren't games though.

Yes. Read the story for the first game on wikipedia in 2 minutes and save yourself 80+ hours.

Coz they're unemployed and love anything with anime girls in it. They've also never read a book in their lives so they have no idea what good writing is.

It means quit being a pansy about what kind of games people play, you holier-than-thou cunt.

Oh?
Then what are they then fuccboi

This entire thread has been mostly fans of the TITS series calling me an impatient idiot,nigger etc because I think its boring so far.
So enlighten me on how im being holier than thou. The posts have ID's so it should be easy for you little man.

Visual novels, a medium on their own. Like how books and movies are separate from vidya, so are VNs.

Wrong on all accounts. If anything, people who are into fantasy novels tend to appreciate the story in the Trails game more, because they are used to not having the whole premise of the story explained the the first few minutes.
The book with the slowest start I read was Otherland which spend 1000 pages (in German, probably less in English) on describing how everybody ended up in Otherland. The plot was pretty much just starting to gain traction. Still the book series is fantastic.

I also really don't get how anyone can say that nothing happens in TitS FC. While the start of every chapter in the game is spent getting familiar with the new region, by the end you always end up resolving some major conflict, especially in the last chapter where shit really hits the fan.

God damn all of the (1) and done anons in this thread saying it’s shit when I would bet a good chunk of them never played it.

pic and TitS 3rd on GOG, emulated Zero and pirated CS, the series had a excellent backstory and political drama that kept me engaged even if i hated the main cast and story in TitS 1 & 2, but CS destroyed whatever hope i still had left with it's shonen like story and characters, the "great backstory" becoming a joke just like Orobouros and the "I'm holding back" cliché been used with just about everyone.

CS1 & 2 are the "we are trying to appeal to a broader audience" of the Trails games. Obviously that's a bad thing, but from what I've heard they got their shit back together again with CS3.

Gharghav Trilogy is better, though its localisation sucks ass.

They're the Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 of the series.

Except they’re still good games.

Define "they". I'm sure VC2 and VC3 are fine games but VC2 really went off the deep end regarding the school setting. VC3 was a redemption arc of sorts but was held back by being Japan only and being on the PSP.

I felt CS1 wasn't that bad. The field studies broke up the school setting enough and after a while it was just a place you were at. The school based activities didn't become overbearing until the school festival. And there were parts of the festival that I enjoyed.

t. NISA

CS main problem isn't even the setting or trying way harder to appease a "broader audience", let me explain just one of things that annoys me the most:

Story: FC has it's own story that gets resolved and then leads to SC, Zero has it's own story that gets resolved and leads to Ao, but what does CS really has? shallowness, the story was suppose to be about 7 class been form and their members but the pacing was just so awful that i just didn't care for any of them and it end up feeling very forced, i just didn't sense any chemistry or real friendship between them at all, not to mention the dungeon of same looking floors where they could at least be creative but that would be too work i guess. Politics is something very shallow here, where in Zero there are plenty of viewpoints(Empire, Republic and Crossbell itself) here it's all comes down to "Nobles are bad!" and make thing worse it lives in the shadow of Ao which was never translated, so you heard all that interesting stuff happening but barely take any part on it while battling some ridiculous Terrorist named C or whatever the first letter in their name is. There is also the Waifu baiting, it would fine by me if my choice was respected but it isn't, Alisa is made into the obvious heroine and nearly all of them have shallow conclusions.

There is plenty more but CS isn't a bad jRPG just a very mediocre one that disappoints me deeply and does not do enough to make me want to play CS2 or CS3.

Atleast their games are fun to play.
Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 were great.

Ar Tonelico 2 is great but fuck NISA for what they did to it and you for supporting them

I do agree with all of you point. What I meant with "broader audience" is, that they tried to keep the story as newcomer friendly as possible. As a result you're given as little information about the overarching plot as possible, which is another reason for the story being so weak.

nice template ResetERA

Play through to the end of the second city. If you don't warm up by then, Trails just isn't for you.

From what I hear, CS3 is the point where you MUST play all the games to have a solid grasp of what is going on. Having just Cold Steel background is not enough or at least your experience will be lesser for it.

I can't even get past the shitty pre-rendered 3d character sprites to even play this game. They can't convey emotion and they just look like garbage

That's why the portraits are there, you dumbfuck.

you dont deserve those digits if you are acting THAT retarded.

this entire thread is cancer.

I like the series, although I can't really put my finger on why. It's nothing too original and the gameplay is serviceable at best. But something about it was so fucking likable I couldn't stop playing.
It can't all be the music, although that's a major part.

Looks like someone deleted my thread about games with heterosexual-only romance options. Ignoring the lewds/shitposts that caused the mods to delete it, I'm still grateful that I got to find 4 new games/series (Legend of Heroes being one) that are worth trying out.

Some user was kind enough to compile a list of the love interests available in the Cold Steel games. The post was deleted, but I think they were… [Alisa, Laura, Fie, Emma, Millium, Sara, & Towa]. I'm just here to ask you guys and double-check to make sure of something. Is this All of the potential love interests that are available from all the Cold Steel games?

No, there's also Elise, Alfin, Claire, and Sharon.

Trails is so hetero it triggers the gays.

Alright then, updated. [Alisa, Laura, Fie, Emma, Millium, Sara, Towa, Elise, Alfin, Claire, & Sharon] Thanks so much for helping a guy out, dude. I honestly do appreciate it.
Now to figure who's the best girl.

lol Guess I made the right call then.