Games/Levels that Everyone should be good at

What games or levels should everyone be good at? I'm just asking because during my Thanksgiving party, we decided to bring out the old NES and play some Mario for memories' sake. Most of my family and friends took 15-20 minutes to reach Bowser's first castle (for those that didn't give up) but I did it in just 2-4 minutes. I just have a feeling that people shouldn't be taking that long to get to Bowser's first castle. If any of you are wondering, we just eventually went back to Tecmo Bowl and that was a way more pleasant experience.

World 1-2 is the Dark Souls of Mario games

Asian Tutorial Mode

Who thinks this is fun? What a mess.

Online poker just rewards retard plays so the rake stays high and everyone's money burns quicker.

inb4 cuphead's tutorial

In all seriousness though, the only games my family were ever any good at were those Mario Party games.

I have fond memories of when the Wii was new, and my 87-year-old grandmother came to visit. She enjoyed the bowling part of Wii Sports, but to everyone's surprise she REALLY liked Link's Crossbow Training. There was something special about a little old lady mowing down endless armies of skeletons in the desert.

When my younger cousins got a Wii for Christmas, she apparently went to visit them too - and proceeded to crush the entire family at Wii Sports. She then told them "you need to buy the gun".

Nintendo gets a lot of hate for its party games (especially ones like Mario Kart and Smash that have mechanics that PUNISH SKILL), but these same flaws make them excellent games to play with casuals.

Or what? We give them the death penalty?

Yes

Half Life 1's Training Course, anyone?

Congrats, sounded like a real challenge.

Booted up cuphead at holiday food relative throng and my niece was complaining about random boss attack patterns.

Little kid saying something's not fair? Unthinkable. Clearly the end of a civilization.

casuals

This. Kids are still at that stage where they crave a challenge.

In all fairness though bosses that use a roulette system for their attacks tend to be the toughest around and in certain types of games or in certain situations they can make a particular attempt a a fight impossible to win or nearly so.
Of course that's the fun of it.

*Git Gud

Git gud faggot. I beat Yuki-Onna in three tries with an unplanned build and no fire. I suck at the game and am aping it like it's Bloodborne at best. She's not that hard.

That is the joke

Yeah, but Pistol Start on the other hand….

The tutorial

She's really variable.

I'd choose a game that tests navigational, attention, and decision-making skills since those apply to real life more frequently than games that are about reflexes and timing. Morrowind would be a pretty good pick for that since they have to pay attention to what people say, follow directions by actually paying attention to the environment to look for landmarks, and not being dumb enough to run up to a high level enemy and expect to kill it. If you can't do these things then maybe real-life isn't the thing for you.

life

better.jpg

Horseshit.

What? Are you claiming that Mario Kart DOESN'T punish players for doing well? Even disregarding the rubberbanding AI, the items are explicitly set up to help bad players catch up to skilled ones. The Blue Shell in particular has the sole purpose of fucking over the leader.

you only dodge the important bullets, you dodge like a lot of bullets by standing still

the challenge in mario kart isn't getting in first, its staying in first.

Gas the fish lips dog.

This is a man who trashed his own artstyle

were you getting at least 4:1 pot odds when you called his shove?

if not then pic related

World 1-1 has a baseline challenge that should be a decent metric for most gamers. It's challenging, but easy enough to intuit.

Something like 2.5:1 because everyone called and one guy before him raised. I only bother to follow pot odds on live games. I play online poker only when I feel like playing slots.

My sister never beat World 1-1. Some people don't care about vidya.
For anyone who does, the minimum should be beating the games that you care about. However gud you git from there is up to you, but if you can't even complete the game you're useless.

Don't worry user, I'll reply to you.