It's been a decade

We pretty much already know all of the bad parts of everything that's happened in the past decade (Microtransactions, the loss of numerous studios, corruption in the gaming media, lowing of standards, etc.). So, what have been some of the more positive elements and parts that we've seen? What has improved, changed for the better, introduced a better approach towards gaming, etc.?

Faster, cheaper internet so I can have an easier time pirating all of the retro vidya and shut myself off from the cancer.

fanpatches for old games, GOG installers which made piracy very convenient and easy, more mods in general

Anti net neutrality laws being passed, so little anchor baby Pablo can't use the internet and cuckerberg/google getting fucked

A thing often overlooked but immediately noticeable when you play old games is the improvements in UI. We're sliding back a bit with terrible mobile ports but generally games are far more intuitive to actually play.

We've seen indie games take a much larger stage too, hearkening back to the 80s where people made games in their bedrooms. Yes 99% of them are fucking terrible, but gems will slide through.

You're like a fucking vegan, announcing themselves every where. Fuck off!

The internet went to shit before 2007. You were just too young or unborn to notice. It started getting too sanitized and (((commercialized))) during the early 2000's.

2007 is when it went to double shit

you walked into the wrong neighborhood, kiddo

Excellent digits, my friend.

I can't even believe you. First you fail to acknowledge his digits, then you imply pirates are cancer or some kind of bad. He's implying a lot of wrong shit too but come on. Pirates are a jolly bunch. We just want to share our loot with you.
There's a better way to be than buyfag wageslavery.

Nigger you can't shut yourself off from the cancer. It will find you, and after its metastasized, you won't be able to stop it.
You think those shitposts about a dystopia where we all get brainwashed into playing literal propaganda were just memes? Its one of the later goals of a lot of kikes. Isolate you to an imageboard that they slowly contain, quarantine and eventually kill off and you're done for.
Stop being a faggot and fight for what you care about

Anchor baby Shlomo Mini here, I'm getting free internet via Israeli benefits. Thank you daddy trump!

Shhhhh, user. Don't insult Trump else the trumpcucks will rise to suck his good shabbos goy cock. Keep pretending that he will make burgerland great while paying for israel with your taxes.

top jej m9

R.I.P MY NIGGA HARAMBE

You mean 1998 and 1999, m8. The first dot com boom. Jews ruin everything.

Alternatives to ruined websites started to come up?
Sort of good. Granted I wish more would come up and forums would pop up as much as they used to.
While I'm here, anyone know some good alternatives to youtube? I've tried out Vidme, which seemed good until I realized most of it was vlogs and they have the worst categories.

There is nothing wrong with admitting to being a pirate. user wasn't being preachy.

Even though the smartphone effectively killed the niche subcultures of the internet, it's made its access easier for the people that were there in the first place. Still fucked, though. And social media has gotten so much more invasive and shit.

Also, FOSS software is exponentially better with increased support from Google and other big players—even Microsoft, though we know there's ulterior motives there all around, and of course Google is further fucking the market with their shit API so any of the moderately good shit comes with a catch.

Cheaper parts, historians and good will autists providing good content, faster cheaper internet, digital distribution on PC providing smaller devs more exposure and ease to publish, tools like UT4 and Unity providing smaller devs the chance to make their games with small expense, PC barely having any compatibility issues when it comes to software, PC getting more Japanese games.

In terms of quality content, everything is still worse than 2007 though.
In general, right now, everything is better than 2008-2013 aside from AAA and arguably the console ecosystem right now with the exception of the Switch which is taking the path of a glorified 3DS/Vita hybrid considering the content its getting frok both Nintendo and 3rd Party.

Maybe pajeet killing net neutrality will finally unfuck the world.

It'd be a good thing if the market was more competitive.
As it is it won't help much of anything without some smacks or straight-up crackdowns, audits or even a breaking up of regional monopolies

The Open Internet Order isn't net neutrality.

I'm still worried about that. The internet is much more profitable now and companies love to sell in smaller packages.
I don't want to have to pay extra fees for all the websites I use or to pay the same multiplayer fees console players have to suffer.

BitChute and Dailymotion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole discussion surrounding net neutrality deals with internet connections through landlines. Wouldn't the best alternative (Regardless of which way it goes) be to buy one of those modems that cellphone companies are selling? As far as I know, you don't need to be connected to a landline to use them (Since they're wireless).

Vidya is complete shit

Before the image people kept saying 2004. Eventually people will remember 2017 as the year the internet went to shit.

I believe 2005 or somewhere else in the mid 2000s was when it started, at least for videogames and not the entire internet.

Kind of related, but what is League of Legends (and the hype around it) a symptom of the cancer infecting video games today? What's the appeal to it? Some of my closer friends play nothing but that shit daily and I don't know how to get them to drop it.

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY CUCK

The only non cucked gaming experience you can have is with a 2ds with freeshop. You download the games and DLC directly from the server. No fucking around to find roms. I modded a PS3 and didn't realise most of the games were behind faggot forums and it was a pain in the ass. With freeshop you just try every game on a whim and they're small downloads.
Piracy is cucked because you're trusting a stranger to put their dick into your computer without a condom. I still take the risk.

It's full of goons, neofags, and the people who worship them. So if you're trying to find info on a game, good luck avoiding them.

Game making tools are becoming cheaper, easier to use, and more accessible. While this does mean that talentless hacks can make games, it also means that small independent game making groups, or even individuals can make amazing games. So many great independent releases have been my favorites over the past decade, and with a few rare exceptions, I've basically abandoned the AAA scene altogether. Indie devs can basically do everything that AAA can these days, and they generally do it better

It's got all the right addictive things to hook people. It also appeals to normalfags because it's got progress outside of the game so they be rewarded simply for playing. normalfags hate video games that don't reward them for simply playing the game.

I started to focus more on emulation and pirating video games. That is my part to approach to a better. With nice frontends and backbones you can actually set up a nice gaming vault and let us be real here, no one will ever play all games on this planet, including video games made before 2006/07. Which means, there is still a lot good games to play. You just have to lurk more emu threads and recommendation threads in general. But keep in mind to avoid vidya from before 2006/07

sorry i am retarded, i mean
avoid vidya made after 2006/07

25% of Americans play a video game at some point in their day, making it the #1 past time.
Of those, 10% play on multiple screens, or something other than just mobile or consoles.
Meaning 90% of “players” are playing Chinese owned freemium, or f2p games.
It’s not just vidya that’s going to shit, it’s a whole nation.

sounds like a safe way to delude yourself that nothing good is made these days so you can wallow in the past.

better version

Did I miss something?

maybe it’s Sony of America, but I don’t know why the chart wouldn’t list Nintendo of America then.

Graphics? But then again, Crysis is close to today and that was a decade again. They still haven't come close to anything of the innovation or content of yesteryear. Isn't it amazing that the sound-engine in Thief isn't an industry-standard for stealth-games? Or how they claim to write "art" but still haven't come close to the depths of the story of Silent Hill 2? Or they teach level-design and has hundreds of chefs working the kitchen but still can't beat the level-designs of Deus Ex and Thief? How developers can spend years on an RPG, but still isn't coming close to the amount of choices and therefore role-playing as Ultima Underworld or Daggerfall? They even say your choices matter and you're free to pick your story in an rpg, but still it's more like reading a book, a shitty one written by drooling retards who wouldn't be writing for video games if they had any talents.