Black Mesa Xen Release Delayed AGAIN

…because of fucking lens flares.

steamcommunity.com/games/362890/announcements/detail/1453963283488180339

So let's fucking recap:

Jesus Christ, this whole thing is such a shitshow.

Early access? more like no access

Just like the OG release
Why are you mad about this?
Just pirate it after its finished or play the free fucking mod.

I'm not mad, I just find it hilarious. Especially with all the fanboys still trying to defend this crap.

wew
Also, you need to git gud if you think there was anything wrong with Xen in the first place.

I had heard they actually changed some areas crouch jumping was necessary because of fucking DSP. Did they actually do that or was it just a shitpost on a mongolian cave paintings board?

Seems to me like you're just trying to find something to get pissed about.
They delivered something considered vaporware for a near decade thats ended up being pretty high quality despite being half assed and then a paid version so people could support them.
They're decent devs deliveribg something Valve doesn't want to.

Christ, just make a Scam Shillizen thread and be done with it.

Its likely a shitpost

Most controversy here warrants it
This doesn't
The devs did the same shit with the original release, this is no different than the Redditors complaining about Bannerlords release date and then complaining there are no good games.
Fucking Ace Combat 7 was delayed twice.
Why aren't you faggots pissed off by that?

How fucking new are you?

>>>/reddit/

Fuck off, dipshit.

Where's that video from?

Get a load of this newfag.

It's like it was most boring chapter of the game.
But xen was not boring, it was fucking broken, despite the fact that it was the mostvisually interesting chapter in HL.

People pointed only one thing for some reason, Xen had human's tech in it. like Valve didn't retconned in addons that black mesa have been in Xen even before the game happened.

They added autocrouch jump into game as far as i know. Don't know if it optional or not, only know that it's the same thing as autocrouhjump in console versions of HL2 and episodes.

No I don't want to go back to your shit home and you're a fuckibg retarded newfag if you don't know anything about the modus operandi of modern devs in an era of Twitchfaggots and Jewtubers.
Now fuckoff back to Reddit 2.0 with your non argument you fucking cuckhold
>>>/cuckchan/

Same situation you fucking retard do you have brain damage?
Of course
Cuckchanners are the most blatant creatures.

How the fuck does that even work?

For some. And regardless, it was also an important part of the game. Making it and ST a fraction of their original length while also trying to make Xen longer is contradictory reasoning. It's also dishonest marketing. When you say that you're doing a faithful recreation of Half-Life, it damn better be faithful. You can add shit to it, you shouldn't be taking shit away.

My guess is that whenever you jump, you also crouch.

>>>/reddit/

Hey, i can jump.
The only problem i had was nihilanth because i didn't understand that player should shoot crystals.

The original game holds up just fine, I don't see the point of this. Also OF > HL

Semi true. OF is not that polished as original HL but it more fun to play, or rather to "replay".

HL is one of the most accurate FPS in terms of jumping and collision detection (As it comes from quake), it's pretty much impossible to miss jumps with that much precision.
It was the only chapter with multiple paths (There are even underwater tunnels) and interesting dead ends. For some retards it meant going in circles, that's why they hate it.

I particularly dislike the alien shocking weapon, it's broken and pretty much replaces most weapons. At least the spore launcher and sniper rifle's ammo are scarce enough. The barnacle is pretty fun, but I wish the levels had more organic stuff on them to cling on.

Well other than being delayed for a undeniably retarded reason, what's wrong with their interpretation of Xen? Xen was already awkward looking because of the low poly graphics back then and it was actually the worst part of the game for me simply because it was the ugliest to look at out of everything else.
I don't see why the fuck they are trying to prolong the experience much longer than it needs to be but other than that, the designs seem fine.

Laughing at something for sheer stupidity and being angry about it are very different things.

Why the fuck do you write about jumping then i'm talking about Xen. I can't forget that map where are those grown up jumppads which swallows you and that i found underground part of map on 5-6th playtrough and before i just launched myself into air.

Those are concept arts, he is talking about screenshot with jumping platforms and such.

This one?

Oh fuck what, okay nevermind that's not Xen at all.
What the fuck is this, I'm like seeing 5 different games just looking at this, and it's not the good type of combination either.

Because Acde Combat 7 is developing and needed more time, Bannerlord devs were busted going full anti consumer, and Black Mesa is cutting content, adding stupid shit, and then expanding an area when no one asked them to expand it and that is the reason for the delay.

Two games are being faggots and one needed more time to get done to not be shit.

The original Xen was true alien world with it's own unique concepts that were built by a species that were not like our own.

Their version is just an alien textured human world. It's boring just like the aliens from Crysis went from unique alien race with their own method of fighting to, shitty humanoid enemies.

If they wanted to do a return to xen like game where humans have been there post Half Life 1 it would be justifiable, but this is Half Life 1 before there were humans in Xen.

To be honest that's being generous, this looks like the dream sections from Dishonored had sex with James Cameron's Avatar and then spawned this, it's not a bad alternate reality setting but in terms of Xen it just seems off completely.

Wait a minute those crystals

Wow it looks like any mod from 10 years ago!

Valve/Gearbox retconned the fact that there were humans in Xen before Half-Life.

Is the free Black Mesa mod still available?

Also this is only one xen setting from x-different setting there should be.
Like you should remember how xen in original Half-Life is different.

It avaliable, not on website through. And i think it will not be updated with xen chapters.

Shut the fuck up you projecting little faggot.

And Xen itself doesn't look alien at all except for the skybox. It's deep sea/sea cave themed and looks way over designed.
Xen should look alien yet purposeful, like nothing makes sense at first but at the same time understandale that it shouldn't make sense to someone from a differen't dimension, let alone a human.
There is literally coral and sea amenoes
everywhere.

Who even cares?
Black Mesa hasn't been relevant in gaming for years, and if Valve wasn't so hyper focused on making gun skins and HYPE XTREME ESPORTTSSSSSSSSSSS this would already be done.

I actually almost considered buying this during the sale. Been ignoring it up till now because, well, I've already got fucking Half-Life… why do I need a whore'd up version? But I had like a few bucks left over on a Steam gift card someone got me and figured, what the shit, it's only $5 out of pocket.

So I scroll down and what do I see?

Fucking nope. Ended up just getting Max Payne for the $3 remainder instead.

Why do people still care about this meme series?
Neither HL3 nor this shit will ever come out.

Good choice

Casual Xen is half the reason I never snagged this. Not even having casual Xen is the other half. Didn't even know about casual on a rail.

Xen was poorly paced, but it tied the game up well. It could be improved but it didn't need to be completely reworked.

Mirror's Edge would like a word with you.

Alloy? Black Mesa came out, not whole thou.

Don't think it wil be reworked, just will get more area aroud original places.

member the journo guy who couldn't finish the tutorial for Cuphead? He was also the one who wrote a bad review of the first Mass Effect, saying that the difficulty was too hard and unfair. Later he gave an half-assed apology, saying that he wasn't aware of the skill system for the main character and the squad mates. Member how Mass Effect skill tree changed badly after the first one?

If you listen to the dev commentary for HL2 and Portal then you will find out that a lot of shit got thrown out due to playtesters sucking so much at basic shit.

It was a pretty appalling place to cut my internet teeth on, I'm glad I found imageboards at around the same time. No idea if the place is still up along with all my cringey posts. Needless to say given the fractured culture of the development team it was inevitable that Black Mesa was going to be a fragmented mess should it ever be released. I don't think I once heard anyone seriously talk about how they were going to tackle the Xen levels.

Now here is a mod that should rework Xen.

Never heard about that, Can anybody give me the full details? kinda was looking forward for that game, fixed most of the old gameplay that being plaguing the series

Denuvo email logs leaked, M&B devs were interested on putting it on their game.

IIRC they were asking about Denuvo and its capabilities, not outright saying they would implement it.

nah, both are pure shit

tbh the alien level in hl1 couldnt be seen as anything at all because the graphics back then were so incredibly bad. it looked more like a long graphic error than anything else.

It is up. don't know about old posts thou. Like they changed forum engine one time.

Also keep in mind that Surface Tension was smaller because some guy dropped off the project and didn't deliver the levels he was assigned to.
When I've played the mod version for the first time, I didn't mind the shorter On A Rail mostly because they already announced that they were going to cut it, but I was pretty shocked at how Surface Tension was slashed without warning. It was one of the most important chapters of the game.

On another topic, the human presence on Xen wasn't retconned, on HL you could find corpses of previous survey teams in various places on Xen.

The retconning is not about humans presence, but how long it been. Because yes hl made some hints that xen was already researched by scientists, but in xen maps there wasn't anything hinting that except from dead hev scientists.
But i think there was some concept art about human's tech on xen or maybe i'm thinking about fan-art
Even scene with soldiers in xen during gman speech was just a piece of earth in xen background, hinting onto random earth pieces teleporting to xen not the long presence of humans on xen.

sorry for my english.

I'm not completely sure but as someone who recently played the Steam version I can tell you that most of the jumping puzzles have been made easier and you DO NOT NEED TO CROUCH JUMP IN THE MAIN GAME. I hope to fuck it's not because of DSP but honestly it almost seems that way

AutoCrouchJump is already a feature in Source engine, So enabling it was something like writing 1 instead of 0.
And yes, DSP is retard and stuff, but crouch jumping is absent/non requared in all fps games except from Source engine games.

Before you go to Xen the scientist in lambda core said that they were sending survey teams to collect stuff from Xen and them started to be "collected themselves". Also the Questionable Ethics chapter shows that they were studying Xen species for some time.

Forgot about that.

So this is the "Youtube cringe reaction video" of Holla Forums threads?

You mean this mod won't be coming out in 2009?

Lel.

It looks okay I guess but why does it look like an underwater world instead of an alien world? Where's the greenish flourish why is it all blue

Having areas that required crouch jumping was retarded. The original half life didn't require crouch jumping and requiring it doesn't make a game more challenging, just unintuitive. Thinking "muh DSP" is the only reason to take it out just makes you look like an idiot.

this is disturbing

Scrubs

what am I reading? Did we play the same game? You literally had a gadget that you needed to jump crouch with to activate it to move in xen

He is about crouch jumping to progress in game. In that dsp video he couldn't even get onto some obstacles right after resonance cascade.
And long jump module is not a crouch jump at all, and it requares crouching then jumping.

>>>/suicide/

Getting fucking sick of Jap apologists on this board pretending they can do no wrong or that they're ignorant pure creatures.

I'm fine with AC6

Not saying it isn't fine
Just not on the level of the PS2 trilogy.

I've played all HL games + this and to be honest I really do like Black Mesa despite some of the differences from the first game. Frankly, Crowbar Collective are the only ones working on the Half Life series right now and there's little difference between them and an actual Valve dev team when you think about it. Considering what Valve does with mods and their dev teams, It's likely that after CC are finally done with Xen, Valve might hand Half Life 3 to them so all this shit might not be that pointless.

nobody cares, just like with hl3

HL is dead, user. Accept it this fact and move on with your life.

nice facebook filename my dude

Hey guys I wanted to ask. Is there an Aliens Vs Predator mod made with the Source engine?

I'm really getting sick of these (1) and done nonsensical cuckchan posters.

No, theres a 40K mod though

Did you even read the post at all? Christ if you have to make an OP to get people to talk about something the least you could do is actually read what you're linking and not seem like a fucking retard.

They're updating Source, an engine from 200-fucking-4 no shit it's going to take time to get it to look good. For once you actually have a developer that is using their Early Access money to improve their product and you still complain, the fuck do you want more nigger.

If you're mad about not having the game yet then don't fucking buy an Early Access product.

The emphasis on lens flares is because it is the single dumbest fucking thing among the proposed graphics updates they're working on.

Who is the retard now?

the mod is and has never used a 2004 version of source
ctfu black mesa "game" marketing team ladies and gents

This is the first thing I thought when I looked at it.

I think I saw the ST remake by that fan.
How are they? Better than the BM maps?
BM is still breddy gud for what it is. This is just the way fandevs are.

Because no one does. The gimmick of riding in a train car quickly runs out after an hour and turns into a tedious chore.

It's annoying, but not outrageous.
It's impressive that they've made one of the best (semi) full remakes by a non AAA studio.
It's impressive that they re-hired most of the original voice actors, and fixed some of the plot holes between HL1 and HL2.
It's impressive that updated alot of the weapons and overall gameplay to be more realistic.

Is it fucking stupid that they sold out on Steam to make Deathmatch moneys? Absolutely.
is it annoying that they're blatantly ignoring Zen in the same way Gabe is "working on L4D/TF/HL3"?
Absolutely.
Are these issues worth hating the entire game over??
Fuck no.

the Pros still outweigh the cons. the game was extremely good for free, and is worth the $10 I got it for (the Steam vers does have updates to lighting and level design and shit).

I would pay them money if they also remade Blue Shift and Opposing force.

let's talk about more important things, like the BMS recreation of the vox and how great it is

Now that is a lie. The bullshit movement "momentum" system that has you sliding around kills any notion of "muh precision".

b-but user the voice acting is intentionally bad :^)

Make sure to use creative ALchemy if you have a real sound card to make the audio not only work at all but also sound amazing.

The journo that did viral marketing for cuphead and you fucking fell for it didn't get the game changed. Ass effect was shit from the start and like mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if EA got Valve-tier playtesters that make DSP look like a gaming god by comparison for ass effect 2. Consider this: New Vegas cut out an entire section of The Gomorrah because playtesters were too fucking retarded to find their way around.

Pick one and only one.

Valve broke everything in the game. Double niggers even removed ALL the audio engine shit, EAX and the binaural audio option, for no reason at all, killed the directx renderer, leaving only opengl.

Kill you are selve.

Proof?
There were no plot holes. Things happen when you're in stasis for a decade.

I like it.

Did Half-Life always have a 1:1 recreation of the Hoover Dam or was that Black Mesa?

Jesus fuck. I didn't think there was anyone stupid enough to defend buying this, much less anyone who actually buy it. But then we got fuckheads like and literally posting reaction images from Reddit, so who knows about Holla Forums these days.

Black Mesa loses the flow of the original (which had combat be exciting and fast paced and tries to be more like something like STALKER where you're just peering out of cover a lot. Doesn't work in linear maps) and a lot of the maps are over designed to the point where they lose visual flow that the original game had. It started to make me appreciate the subtleties in the original game's level design since the devs had to work hard to get you to notice things whereas in Black Mesa they just want to make everything look cluttered.

Then there's how they deliberately want to avoid remaking things like Xen and instead just want to leave the game half finished without an ending the entire thing is building up to. And charge money for it.

To me it hardly qualifies as "best" anything.
That's not impressive most of these voice actors have imdb pages and agents. They also most likely have a direct line to Valve so that really helps in that regard. They also started charging 20$ for the mod and that goes a really long way toward getting one-off voice actors to record lines.
That isn't realistic it makes the game much slower and less balanced. In the original fighting Xen creatures and the military was equally interesting. In BMS Xen creatures are a joke and the Military is overpowered. It makes the game played in short bursts of action and quickloading and is dull compared to the original's frenetic weaving in and out of combat. It feels like they're trying to make the enemies designed for a non-linear game in linear maps and it doesn't work.

He's referring to how Half-Life 2 expects you to be familiar with characters who are barely in HL1 or were created specifically for HL2. Ross Scott mentioned this with his series with HL2 that characters like Barney being chummy with Gordon is awkward.

This also wasn't how the game was designed originally, in the game's beta it was completely different. It was done later among other changes because they felt like the game wasn't like the original enough so they did things like make Breen be the original Black Mesa administrator to tie things together better.

People paid for this? The entire mod up to just before Xen is free.

That bullchicken is disgusting. That'd better be unrelated to this trainwreck.

Is it even possible to capture the magic of a bullchicken? Every piece of fan interpretation of bullchickens always results in something that just looks stupid.

Also GoldSource was updated recently, so Half-Life now runs on a modern engine.

Hey you should know that BS and OF are being recreated by the different team already.

Xen had a fucking horrible design.

Seriously, why would you take an established area and make it 100% different from the source?

replay the xen factory levels in original HL and come back.

Are you a Valve tester? The whole level should take less than half an hour, and half the time you're not even on the train.

But original Xen was bland as fuck, they just made it average. All it needs is to have a passable quality same for the boss battle just to finish the game already, you can just sprinkle some confetti over it.
It will be same disappointment as the original, but "prettier".

Is there a single person in the world who likes lens flares? They're not even real, and they don't exist in cameras either unless you're using some really shitty camera.

I'm going to bet my tight virgin asshole that you own Counter Strike, Team Fortress AND Garry's Mod you hypocrite

J.J. Abrams?

I remember seeing porn of one of those before.
It was surprising not that bad.

Half Life is dead, who cares.

Kill yourself.
How the fuck did no one post this image in response to this absolute faggot?

But user, after they finish Black Mesa, these guys are going to make their own version of Half Life 2: Episode 3!

Wrong, Black Mesa since its original 2012 release used Source 2007. Try another excuse.

You're just proving his point

Its still hurts to see and you could have the feeling that the same happened to Portal 2.

No, he said Black Mesa used OG Source as seen in Half-Life 2. Source 2007 is the engine used for TF2, Episode 2, Portal 2.

Source 2007 might as well be OG Source
What they're adding right now goes beyond Source 2007.

If these devs were serious creators they wouldn't be spending over a decade on one project, which is a recreation of a game that isn't theirs. It is such a dumbass quest to begin with that none of this can be surprising. At least with DNF they were scamming Take2.

A lens flare screenshot. Fucking lol. Unreal. You know Xen is a fucking unplayable mess and they've wasted a ton of labor making trash.

Frankly I'm amazed that this project still exists. I remember when it was first announced and I was about to graduate high school.

Wait hold on hold on hold on.
We are talking about the Belkan war, right? Shattered Skies was 4, right? Then came five, Squadron leader, and then 6, the Belkan war, right?
From the little that I have seen from AC7, it does seem like it's going the direction for was going.

16 year old can't even read an article it seems.

Nobody said that, is just not a s good as the PS2 trilogy
Nigger I'm going to slap you

The fuck? It was one of the most fun parts.

We would have gotten a gel that lets you walk on walls and ceilings, but playtesters complained that it was too nauseating.

IT'S FUCKING PORTAL, IF THE PLAYER IS GETTING NAUSEATED THEN MISSION FUCKING ACCOMPLISHED

WAIT, THIS COSTS MONEY? I thought it was free. Why would anyone pay for this?

I will never understand this move. Anyway, if embed related is any indicator, AC7 might be pretty close to the PS2 trilogy.
The player here is a terrible pilot, though.

If I can stop being retarded and embed

I want to believe

Holy shit nigger can you just fucking Google it before you make yourself look like an absolute retard?

You mean this?

Holy shit, what the fuck happened to this board?
This level of newfaggotry is immense

The entity name in console is "monster_bullchicken" so next time Google is before making yourself look retarded.

You really do have a google fetish, don't you?

Isn't that in like every single Ace Combat? Hasn't it been blown up like 50 times by now?

Ace Wombat had the Aygayon, so pretty much yes. Although this huge ass plane produces drones, not fighter jets. It might just be a very big autonomous shit up fucker instead of a human controlled enormous shit up fucker.

Anyway, every Ace combat worth speaking of has superweapons which you have to destroy.

Can't get angry about this one. Wasn't crowd funded, no promises, no pre orders.

Start Page, Duck Duck Go, Bing, Yahoo, use whatever the fuck you want it doesn't stop you from being a lazy retard that can't check to see something as simple as the name of a video game or an entity in a game.

You just listed 3/4 search engines that are as bad as Google or worse. What the fuck is wrong with you just use a fork of searx.

It looks good.

Xen needs to be slightly green, like the original at least

same. What was your name? I might remember you. I feel like I was too cringey to reveal my own name…

Now I do remember the female member of the dev team, the one that had the cat in the name I think. Females in a community are usually a bad sign!

Also, last I checked: none of the old boys even worked on this game after the first demo release, it's just some random fuckers.

could you tell some stories on the "batshit stalkers in their 40s"? I didn't really have that interaction(maybe I was naive), but it would be interesting to see what happened in secret.

the old forums got hacked and deleted, so they had to restart, later they joined with a gaming website for a while, "GamerNode" and then I think they split after a while.

who the fuck plays HL unironically in the current year?

But they need it to be blue to do the blue and orange thing!

They can't do the green and purple thing, that means rape now!

What was the last good video game remake?

Resident Evil Remake in 2002

Serious sam HD in 2009-2010
Postal redux in 2016
Crash bandicoot trilogy in 2017

Shit you're right
Didn't the physics get completely fucked over?

I actually don't really know much about the last two.
But it's probably safe to say that despite all the small fuckups they did (mostly due to being in a different mindset when developing) they did pretty gud.

yeah so did serious sam's secret's physics although i have yet to confirm this ingame and a unique combination of enemies that can't be had headless kamikaze and the bird bitch

Oh I remembered, they've fucked up with some movement cancelling stuff. Which was probably originally an oversight that made itself into advanced movement tricks.

WHY IS IT SO FUCKING BLUE?

This entire thread proves how much this board has degenerated. At one point I could come here for smart, harsh, but ultimately pragmatic criticism of games. but recently it's become the basic equivalent of a tabloid: rife with misinfo and gossip, and very unintelligent.

Pretty much
But its expected cuckchan keeps flooding in and making threads.
You got everything from the slower pace to weapon handle to criticize and yet its nothing but fucking kneejerk reaction bullshit.
They probably think every thread should be like the threads shitting on EA and Bethesda.

WHAT IS DSP!?

Didnt Revolution 60 get delayed too because of random lens flare effects?

God dammit. I just want to play a good FPS again.

Kek.

You clearly didn't, since OP was clearly not just shitting on BM for lens flares but overall addition of more graphical effects that no one asked for.

Have you ever played the original Half-Life in your life? There are several segments where it's specifically necessary to crouch jump to get to an area.

It looked fine. People are shitting on BM's Xen because it looks nothing like fucking Xen.

Much less than in the original. Several NPCs that were completely killable in the original suddenly became important to plot progression (like the guy in the Power Up level who you can't kill anymore because the devs decided that players were too lazy to walk ten feet to flip a goddamn switch) so you can't harm them anymore without getting a game over).

Technically Barney and Kleiner were in 1. Barney was just a guard that didn't die and Kleiner was Walter Bennet. Other shit is shit the character would know in the universe but wasn't relevant to playing the first game.

You kill yourself.

Played Serious Sam HD. Can confirm. All the weird secret shit like the sphere room were ruined because they wanted to add havok physics.

Orange/blue contrast, probably the most cancerous thing to plague entertainment media.

Let me guess, you're also confusing crouch jump with the long jump module?

Daily reminder that Black Mesa is a paid mod.

Brilliant amount of shilling in this therad. Worst part is that I have to doubt who the real cuckchanners are here.

Half-Life is a paid mod.

The OP?

Another good reason not to take 15 fucking years to make a piece of consumer pop culture, it's a bunch of outdated stylistic touches. We are well past peak lens flare.

you have to be 18 to post here faggot

still hurts

daily reminder that almost every valve title started as a mod?

i bought quake i deserve half life

Define 'mod'.

Thanks for telling us you can't count.

why a fork of searx and not searx itself? i use startpage right now, mostly.

You need to crouch jump to get inside vents

searx is a public domain source code where anyone can make their own version. The guys who made it will shut down theirs deliberately to encourage it in fact. So unless you enjoy that deliberate bottle necking using a fork leads to faster results.