Games that make you feel alone

What are some games that replicate the feeling of being alone? I'm introverted as fuck and after a long day I just want to be completely isolated. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/members/rumpel
moddb.com/members/rumpel/images/this-is-me-if-anyone-cares#imagebox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

?
Also SoTC is great at this. The only other entities in the whole game are your horse, comatose girlfriend, the voice of a demon, and giants who want to kill you.

I don't know why but Kingdom Hearts, the first one specifically, makes me feel really lonely in some of the levels. It's like every world you go to experienced some sort of mass depopulation just before you got there and the remaining survivors don't really recognize what's going on yet.

Artificial girl 3.
It's always quite, too quiet.

OYYYY

For all of its flaws, SOMA really nailed that feeling of isolation.

Mah Niggah

Warrior Within

Penumbra probably does it best.

Nah.

That reminds me that I need to pick up those games again.

Should I pick up the remake when it comes out or just play the hd version on ps3?

It doesn't really matter, all they remakes do are add fluff and some minor graphics upgrades. And the graphics were already good. If you're a poorfag emulate, and if not get the one on PS3 and don't bother with the newest remake. It also comes with Ico, which is nice.

Building a PC that can properly run PCSX2's software renderer costs magnitudes more than just buying a cheap user PS2 and modding it.

unironically this.

Yeah but they don't know you're there, so it's kind of like being alone.

subniggertica

STALKER.
You can mess with config files and make people spawn less and mutants more, but even on default it's pretty good.
You just walk alone through the woods at night, rain muffling every sound until you hear a sound nearby, but your PDA shows that there's no person nearby.
It's pretty tight and comfy.
Don't forget to not buy it because the company just leeches off the IP and devs get nothing.

I mean, you're not wrong, but I don't think this is quite what OP asked for.

The Lone Dark.

I just wanted to stay at home and work on my autistic interests.

Cry of Fear.

the original memelands you get to keep all the loot to yourself

Dark Souls in a good way

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Even among other slavs you are alone

Metroid.

Thief, system shock, dead space

MMOs

this one kind of hurt

Man I really like some of the old medieval streets some of the levels have.
They're atmospheric as shit and remind me of some of the places I have in my own country

Rollercoaster MMOs were never good

Where do you live, user?

To be fair, the taclight is in an out of the way place. At least I didn't find it at first.

It has a pretty good atmosphere. I especially liked the part where you were stuck in the park. The puzzle was annoying but I liked walking around it with the night ambiance, the buildings like you mentioned and the lack of enemies creeping around in that part.

my life

Portugal
Since its kind of related what horror games should I play?
Already finished or are already on my list:

-Silent Hill
-Condemned
-Amnesia and Penumbra
-Dead Space
-Call of Chtulu
-Fatal Frame
-Clock Tower
-Eternal Darkness
-Haunting Grounds
-The Suffering
-Forbidden Siren

Anything else I should add in the list, mods included of course.

Embrace it you pathetic faggot
Going outside and having a decent conversation actually feels more meaningful and special when it happens.
The fact that you can do whatever you want with barely any restraint or most responsability gone is the most important you can have.

The guy who worked on this mod and Afraid of mosnters is a Swede and somekind of faggy edgelord.

moddb.com/members/rumpel

kek

I know that
Thanks regardless

/thread/

RE7 plays like Penumbra with guns, SOMA is Amnesia under the sea, Outlast and the expansion is paranormal Amnesia in an asylum, Darkwood is a new isometric horror/survival game that's surprisingly good.

Half-Quake: Amen
It is a HL1 mod, and a part of the Half-Quake trilogy.
You can play all of them, but Amen is the best one and probably fits most to what you're looking for.

This. Too bad black plague had that voice in your head.

>portugal
damn my guess was spain, close enough i guess.
also good taste here
medieval towns are amazing looking

actually minecraft single player has this lonely feeling
Add mods that give you even more places to see, disable enemies and you can walk for ages finding all sorts of insane places and Points of Interest.

*contemplative piano music intensifies*
Reach was a really fun game, it would have been more fun if it was fully finished and you could actually rely on sneaking. Also the suppressed SMG sucked ass against the shitload of brutes running around each level and only the suppressed pistol was useful. Finding the artifacts in the level like a busted helmet or a used medkit and then playing through the part of the level that caused those artifacts to be left was a fun way to have the story.

If you couldn't tell by the voices and the city it's set in, yeah. Fuck, I just remembered how much I hated the Sawrunner bits and the fucking forest where you're running around in darkness with a dim lantern trying to find the exit with this chainsaw asshole chasing you down.

Please no.

I heard its a walking sim with a dissapointing ending, is it any good? I get mixed feelings from people and some say its good with others saying its mediocre.
The no monsters shit the devs are doing for journos also pissed me off, especially since Penumbra is really something special.
Played it, boring shit and barely scary
This I heard is pretty good, adding to the list since I completely forgot about it, thanks.

Any of the Kings Field/Dark Tower games spooky/moody enough?

t-thanks
Late Nights out with friends drinking and just exploring the city and dark corners in my to unfortunately catch shit like junkies injecting themselves and prostitutes fucking customers plus going back home on foot alone in the early morning through said alley in my teenage years, has given me feelings of wonder, terror, nostalgia and overall comfiness.

The fact that I isolate myself and see them as safe places from most people on crowded streets probably also helps.
I wish I could have visited the Kowloon walled city, but that thing is long gone now.
Have to settle for some other Chinese shithole I guess, nothing like it probably exists besides maybe a more obscure place in Southeast Asia.

If I'm ever visiting Japan I'm sure as well visiting Kawasaki Warehouses though, I tell you that much, its both things I like.

You forgot the webm

You have to admit though, the forest part was great with those Grudge bitches.

It's a comfy sort of feel

SOMA is at least worth a pirate for horror fans, can't really give it any more of a recommendation than that, but you've already got pretty much every good horror game on your list so you'll have to dip into the mid-tier ones now. The gameplay is almost identical to Amnesia.

Kings Field isn't scary at all, but one game you may not have heard of would be Unloved, which is a silent hill inspired doom WAD.

You're probably thinking of Shadow Tower, Dark Tower is the Stephen King series. And sure, Shadow Tower is a little grim.

Aye thanks

You know that feeling when you go back, but all those good times are past now, and nobody even remembers who you were?

Now I have three choices:
Tediously find and dust off my 360 to play ODST
Play Gaylo:CE with BRs
Play Gaylo Online with redditors

Theres a fourth choice though
wait for Microsoft to post the Halo collection on PC

Windows 10 only Goy :^)

You are a smoll child taking on hell's most disgusting creatures all by yourself with your only hope for survival being your own bodily fluids. That shit's pretty lonely.

"Well that was fun. Let's do it again!

Half-Life and its expansion packs
Aliens versus Predator 1 & 2
Thief 1 and 2

Install Winblows 10 in a different HDD or partition nigs

Vanilla minecraft with villages turned off.
(Then maybe some mods over it, depending on your taste, RTG makes the world beautiful as fuck.)

When the AI is turned off it's pretty isolated, specially when you start finding out where you are and what's going on.

Alien Isolation

Also the new movie "LIFE" is basically Alien again. It's pretty good.

Those giants were living peacfully away from civilization until this asshole arrived and ruined everything because he wanted his slut gf back.

Goddamn that explains my feelings about that game perfectly!
I always wondered why it left my feeling oddly melancholy despite the obvious cartoonishness

what the fuck is this meme?

>>>/facebook/

Metroid Prime 1 and 2.
In 2 you feel the most alone even though there's actually a talking NPC that you speak to occasionally.
Don't bother playing 3, it's shit in every way.

That shit has some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, not to speak of the fact that the authors sound like German edgelord kids.

I mean, a "secret" tribute room to Marilyn Manson? Really?

Fallout New Vegas with the DUST mod.

Pre-Adventure Update Minecraft. Being darker and having no villages really made you feel alone even in MP.

Good taste, user.

More like there's only one or two npc's in a whole level which is supposedly a whole world. In places with multiple npc's there's always some fair lonely distance between them.

RE 1-4
Silent Hill 1-4

Hell, SH2 and 4 are my comfort games.

Yes but it's worth it for being able to play just about every game ever. Personally I prefer having all my games in 1 sot instead of running half a dozen different machines.

Thief 1 & 2

Also, Silent Hil 4 really fits the bill.
you play as an antisocial shut in.

play The Dark Mod

Thief isn't horror though
Not the full game at least

There's also a shitty indie platformer called Holdover. If you can get past the weeb visuals it's actually worth the hour or so it takes to finish - eerie atmosphere and focus on platforming/oxygen management (underwater) rather than combat.

hitman

Thief 1 & 2 and Dark Mod, easily.
Depends on mission, sure, but Thief Gold is routinely brought up in horror game threads despite not being one for a reason.
The atmosphere and sense of isolation is absolutely incredible.

Personal World of Warcraft private server.

There was something very comfy about SH4, like perhaps having a virtual apartment with a hole in the wall was expanding your own small world. Shame those spirits would never fuck off without a candle.

Please tell me about your country, I am enamored by it's humble attitude towards its irrelevance therefore leading how underappreciated the country might truly be.

One time I spent an hour crouched by the fire looking around just enjoying it.

The Long Dark (pirate it)

OP said games, user.

Yomawari
It's sort of like Clock Tower, since you play a helpless girl

I see you don't live anywhere actual football is relevant.

Seconding this.

Subnautica

You know the slav feeling of living in poor or half decent conditions but people making the best of it?
Its kind of like that but with meditteranean cultural traits where people are more or less nicer.

Its the backwater kind of comfy

If by "alone" you mean "sheer, utter, lovecraftian terror", then I'd agree.

For some reason Doom always made me feel alone. You keep finding marine corpses but never a marine buddy. When I first played it as a kid I hoped I could find a marine or a group of them trying to fend off some demons that I could help but it never happens.

The Binding of Isaac is a good one.

I love how the NPCs of Silent Hill games just make you feel even more along.

Is there an end-game to that yet?

They've added a story to it, so I think you can actually beat the game now.

I've been holding off playing this until it's out of EA. I like my games with win conditions.

3 was rushed, but you're not wrong about 2 having the most fucked up, alone atmosphere.

It's one thing when you see people dead in a warzone, but when the warzone doesn't even have any animals in it…

trine 1

I'm interested in this game but please tell me that the mystery here is something more than just simple "It's all in your head", that kills the feeling of paranormal mystery for me that I really enjoy in horror.

That game must be comfy once you build your underwater base.

LISA the painful, perhaps? Getting teammates is optional and you could even
although i'm not sure why.

Subnautica is extremely comfy on the level of the basic activies you do, it's just that exploring the more dangerous zones are eventually necessary if you are to progress, and shit gets real then. And when you're just discovering it, just being in the middle of nowhere when night falls exploits your fears like nothing else.

You can go far enough to cure your space AIDS, but they're still not done with the whole
"build a spaceship and launch off the planet" bit.

Still pisses me off

postal 1.

I'm not positive on this but I think the ghost leviathan is equivalent to the sea emperor, and serves as what everyone thought the emperor would be.

Wouldn’t Joyful be more on the solitude side of the spectrum? I don’t recall you having any partners in that story, other than Rando at the beginning.

all of them

Even then, there's really never any peril in the game at all. Those reapers and ghost leviatians don't DO anything. You can just casually swim away from them and they can't even catch up to you, neither are they aggressive enough to aggro onto you in the first place.

They made a poor design choice to not have any kind of weapons or combat in the game. With no real means to defend yourself against danger, they have no choice but to make nothing truly dangerous.

Very nice.

It also gets pretty feelsy when you understand all the imagery in the game.

SH4 is probably the most underrated game in the franchise.

Perhaps, although I haven't exactly got to playing joyful yet.

what the fuck op

pic related

You can outswim Reapers? Last time I played you needed at least a seamoth to accomplish that, and even then you didn't have a whole lot of room for error. I fucking shit my pants everytime I heard those wails in the distance.

Unless this is some nerf I'm unaware of, is full of shit . You do need a seamoth to outrun one once it spots you. Unless you can hide until it swims away.

This. I used to get spooked vibes playing that alone. Felt like I was being watched all the time.

I've literally had trouble getting Reapers to even give a shit when I'm TRYING to get into their face and attack/scan them, much less casually swimming away from them. They do not do anything at all to threaten the player.

Maybe all the monsters in Cry of Fear aren't the MC's cognition of people around him because of his accident, but rather how he see's Sweden because of the Mudslime epidemic.

I would say Endless legend, only due to the fact that the soundtrack is so comfy but thats not what your looking for I bet. Elite Dangerous is good too if you just act like a trader/Miner.

But the best game to play is TES V, and you best get the special edition 'as well'

Wish it didnt turn into what it is now, it had alot of good things coming from it.

It basically is out of EA, there is a win condition. There just polishing it up, optimising it, and making things look better animated and otherwise.

Is this game any good or should i just stick to Cabela's pro hunts

It's not bad if you want to look at pretty graphics and hunt animals, perfect game for a podcast.

Just wondering as the original free to play one made me say fuck it with hunting licenses that work like real ones and Jew priced gear.

Last I heard unknown worlds was excitingly sucking it's own dick over possibly getting a rating suitable for -10 year olds.

Top cucks.

One level in particular scared me in Thief 1. Nothing beats the Shalebridge Cradle in Deadly Shadows though.

I want to recommend The Hunter: Call of the Wild. You're basically alone in a wildnature reserve hunting down tracks of animals and shooting them (if you like, you can aswell look at them if you want).

Prince of Persia 1 and 2 for PC. Two of the best platformers of all time and also good at evoking lonesome feels.

Well fuck you, I didn't want to play your game anyway

Soul Reaver 1.

Dead Empire at the end of the world, where Kain is the only sane/non-mutated vamp left.

The original Metroid made me feel pretty lonesome tbh. I play it without online maps (like you fucking should, you noobs) and wander about aimlessly. The music starts off heroic, but then gets melancholic in some of the later areas. Some of the lower levels even have rooms that are repetitively designed to look very similar to one another, making you doubt your memory on where exactly you are at the moment.

A feeling of being lost and isolated that later Metroid games don't quite capture.

Any games that involve high school and romance options like persona remind me I was and always will be alone.

Don't need video games for those feels user.

most roguelikes, but especially Unreal World.

It's trash, legitimately. The voice acting is horrendous and they handled the plot twists with such a careless casualness that you wouldn't realize the importance of what you just heard unless you were paying very close attention. Twists and revelations that were mediocre themselves by the way, the first 5 minutes after the game actually starts after the intro and you'll know what exactly is going on and what will happen. The enemy AI is slightly improved but not exactly anything that'll make your playthrough a riveting experience, the only real horror comes from the details if you have the autism to pay attention to them. The horrendous voice acting is worth a second mention, and a minor strike for anyone who cares: there's plenty of cuck undertones in the game (ie setting and characters). Pirate it if you so desire but I must highly contest against the ludicrous notion of anyone spending a single dime on that pile of shit

seconding this

Elite Dangerous

Holla Forums night where we summon up enough autism to set up and play some splinter cell chaos theory spies vs mercs when?

PLEASE YES

No thanks.

Didn't ubishit close the servers?
for the love of God someone prove me wrong

Silent Hill 2 is great at making you feel alone, there are people around you but they're all weird/crazy/constantly dying. All you have are the strangely sexy monsters who honestly are less interested in you than they are just wandering around making creepy noises.

Also DOOM.

Loneliness is a state of mind, anything can make you feel alone if that's what you are. I find the worst lonely feelings come not from shit I can relate to though, but games where people are actually happy and have friends lovers.

Any of the many, many supernatural levels would do it, but yeah, Shalebridge almost makes Thief 3 worth playing through it's so good.
Shame it's basically surrounded by passable levels and an annoying as hell hub.

Yes, but LAN spoofing is absolutely possible due to the way the game is setup, it just hasn't been tossed together in an idiot proof manner.

Solitare

The emperor is pretty boring, but the other big fish can be quite nerve-wrecking, especially that big faggot around the lava castle. And they are very aggressive too.

Rubicon 2 for quake has a nice feeling to it, different than the usual quake

The Marathon Trilogy for sure.

This reminds me of SH3 for some reason…

System Shock gets my voice.

Isn't it basically just a metaphor for depression?
I mean it has some nice ideas, but it never gets the same feeling going as the previous games. The fact that it blatantly recycles levels doesn't help either.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, System shock 2, Dark Souls 1. All of which happen to be my favourite games

They could and should make them dangerous. It's not like death has a great consequence unless you get your vehicle destroyed, or your vehicle gets stuck somewhere so deep and far away that you'd have trouble getting to it without build a new one. And with warp gates and the ability to build a base virtually anywhere, there's pretty much nowhere you can't swim to in late game.

I like the no weapons decision, even if it's done for the wrong reasons. Being able to shoot everything in your way isn't scary, and theoretically this game should be terrifying. The real problem is that it's too easy just to run away from danger. Once you have the Seaglide, you're basically unkillable. The only time I ever died was to warpers in the lava zone because I got stuck on the geometry in my Prawn. One warped me out and the other hit me with a warp before I jumped back in. Honestly, the most dangerous zone is the shallows because those exploding fish do so much damage. You rarely need to use medkits outside of that zone.

He's more liable to be a trashcan kicker than anything else.

moddb.com/members/rumpel/images/this-is-me-if-anyone-cares#imagebox

I should clarify, the exploding fish do a lot of damage and are hard to get away from when you're a beginner without upgrades or a Seaglide.

Disappointing.
It's a fun time if you want to have an existential crisis.

Portal.

If he would tell you whether your conjecture is true or false he wouls spoil it for you.

Not terribly though, unless you're in a Seamoth. They oneshot Seamoths and kill you instantly if you're inside of one.

PreyShock counts somewhat I suppose, though there are survivors they're pretty few and far between. I also appreciate that this game's scale of morality is staying clean or going full-on alien chimera mad science.

Fallout 4. World feels hollow.

Figures I guess.
Warframe circa 2013 was great for that.
It was just you and the solar system full of mindless but hostile enemies and some mission control woman that only wanted you to kill shit.
It's nothing like that anymore.

heh

>Instead of being ambiguous and making you doubt January December was indeed what January said
Nigger please NuPrey feel alone as much as fucking Bioshock Infinite, even the mediocrity that is Biocuck 1 does it better.

January is chatty during the main story missions sure, but when you're just wandering scavenging for shit, it's nothing like you're implying.

I want to know this feeling….

8ch. You stumble across the corpses of threads you never got to post on and sage so as to not disturb the dead.

The Talos Principle. You see many people talking, who have all gone through generally the same experience as you, and read through what seems to be the banter of a tightly-knit community, and then there's you, the SPESHUL fuckwad who'll be the last-ever person to go through the world and win the trials. Hell, you don't even really know what's going on at first, because the voice in the sky who rarely ever speaks actively tries to make the purpose of the puzzles ambiguous, and the terminal AI's not useful for much more company than making you feel like an incompetent piece of shit philistine (where the game doesn't jump to conclusions about your philosophy, anyway). Similar kind of feeling with the terminal text files. And you wake up on Earth all alone, to boot, with nothing to do in particular. The project's a huge failure because they never even stopped to consider what you might have to do once you're out in the world.
Basically, what really nails the feeling of "loneliness" to me is wandering through a world that was once vibrant
Sorry if my post's not too legible, I haven't thought about what exactly makes the game feel so lonely through

You're not alone.

This thread was on page 14 you nigger

Where the fuck do you think you are, a forum that bitches about thread necromancy? Bumping threads on page 13 has never posed a problem here.

Okay sorry, I-I appreciate that you were here for me

Minecraft Beta/Alpha gave me those feelings. It's probably not worth going back and playing since half of the appeal was seeing what would come next. I was really hoping to see more abandoned structures added, but not like the shitty ones we got. Believable things that would have made you really feel like someone was there and had used it. Not a random fucking "mineshaft" a mile down with no real entrances or exits and decor/layout that I'm positive nobody would have built.

The music made me feel pretty alone, too.

I've been playing Lotro recently. Great game but while questing you're usually out in the wilderness of middle earth fro long periods of time amongst ruins of kingdoms past, you definitely get that feel.

fucking newfags lurk moar
sage if your post isn't important enough to bring the thread to page 0 and never bump a thread without a contribution.

While the atmosphere is dense and things are everywhere, I think that Morrowind actually makes you feel solitude when you are just wandering around from place to place.

Good Choice. Goes for both SS 1 and 2.

I concur with this too. SH1, 2 and 3 are very lonely games. Doom 1 and 2 too. Although perhaps they're too action-heavy to really focus on that.

Will play this once it's actually done.

Yes
Not so much. The enemies look like humans so I never really felt alone.

Mah nigga!
Annúminas looks great though. One of my favourite earlier game areas.

Got some screenshots from when I was well into that game.

Yume Nikki, Drakan and this
did it for me.

Regarding pic related OP, Go and attempt to play Splinter Cell Chaos theory multiplayer, on the original Xbox console at the dead of night. Believe me, you’ll feel extremely fucking alone.

Trying to play MvCI online.

worlds.com

TR1's main theme is the best in the series because it emphasises the feeling of being alone in weird long-abandoned tombs. As the later games moved more towards fighting other humans the main themes, while still maintaining the underlying melody, also get 'busier'.

Holla Forums needs to play this together soon, I've got a free weekend in January and I might try and organise it then.

Compare it with II's: there's much less of an eerie feel to it 2 also has the Venice theme which is fucking great.

And so on.

Any given Ice-Pick Lodge game except for Cargo!, that's just satire about ((games journos)) not liking how their games tend to be these complex, lonely and thoughtful ones - Pathologic, The Void, or Knock Knock.

gonna second these - it's a pretty lonely game to start with, and even when you talk with characters, they have this refreshingly realistic vibe of not wanting to drag out the conversation. the social interaction is so no-nonsense - by default, NPCs want to be left alone. it's not a focal point of the game, but it passively does a lot for immersion.

That game was surprisingly not shitty when I played the trial in ~2008 or so.