Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_era
hooktube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE
hooktube.com/watch?v=XORTag6R0OM
moddb.com/mods/legacy-era-mini-mod
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Buick
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Empire/Issue-16?id=98954
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Besides the old game Rebellion, is there any grand strategy mod of Star Wars for any grand strategy game?

Just put it out of its misery. It's like an anime girl being held in The Mouse's basement with a nigger raping and beating her.

Sins of a Solar empire has a Star Wars mod, there's a shitload of mods for Empire at War (though it's not really grand strategy), and I'm fairly sure one of the Civilization games should have something Star Wars themed.

Whats legacy era?

Is it possible to be on sale in the following days?

Legends, as they are called, is the old EU that Disney shoahed when they bought the IP.

So all the non cannon lore?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_era

Althought it starts at 47 ABY, I am talking about 130+ ABY the period of Darth Krayt edgefest.

story?
I like edgefest stories

Just look at a image of him and his disciples, that would say a lot of what kind of people they are. Read the Legacy comics from Dark Horse in readcomiconline.to if you are interesed.

REMEMBER THE 6 BILLION CALAMARI

mean to

does this edgy shitfest happen after the movies or before the movies?
I assume after since there is a skywalker?

A long time after Episode VI. The only good thing about it is the edgy Twi'lek girl and the Empire still kicking around.

It's Legacy, doesn't happen in current canon anymore. That shit happens long into post-ROTJ era.

Shadows of the Empire was set post OT, wasn't it?

One of the absolute most fun games ever made

Looks like a heavy metal album cover. That's pretty cool, I guess.

Shadows of the Empire was set right after Empire Strikes Back.

That’s what’s strange to me about the “children of skywalker” thing that happened in the EU. With the whole tone that the canon media set, you’d think these faggots would just keep the same original characters in every single story.

I think it was between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Fuck the Skywalkers and the Republic, the only thing I care about is the Empire.

this tbh

It was also the second fall of the Republic, the Empire crushed them and put the Sith back in power, though the Emperor was betrayed and his loyal soldiers turned on the One Sith Order. After the war against the One Sith was over, the Empire, Republic Remnant and Jedi formed a triumvirate government, and the Sith were finally, and utterly destroyed, the last of their teachings lost with the last Sith.

Not sure how I feel about the ending to be honest.

If you remove the Sith you actually have to address the real political issues of Star Wars, like the droids being a defacto slave underclass with no rights despite being sentient, or how the Senate is far too cumbersome and divided to actually address any real problems that beset the galaxy, or how Palpatine was right in preparing the galaxy for the Vong invasion. Once the mustache twirling bad guys are gone Star Wars has to deal with its seedy underbelly.

That being said, I wish there had been more ideological division both among the Jedi and the Sith. Just look at our religions and how many flavors you get. Frankly, the fact Jedi didn't have massive civil wars among themselves due to difference of opinion regarding dogma is pretty baffling.

Simple Legacy is shit

star wars was always a childish good/evil tale for children with no depth, just like lotr.

The whole thing spawned from a bunch of jedi abandoning the Order because the Order refused to help stop the Mandalorians from destroying the Republic.
Those renegade Jedi were seen as heroes by many because they actually fought alongside them, unlike the Order that stood by, watched, and condemned.

Revan became a Sith though, and he created the Sith Empire. I ask why there haven't been Jedi that clearly believe themselves to be the true Jedi shoahing the other ones because they disagree with their headcanon about the nature of the Force. Star Wars doesn't really treat faith as, well, faith.

Reminder that the only good SW games are Dark Forces 2, Jedi Outcast, Kotor 1/2, and Rogue Squadron 1/2.

Lord of the Rings was about the dangers of non-white migration.

You feel it too, don't you?

If Hitler had won the war we would be gassing people like you.

It aged like milk and there's no reason to touch it today.

And nothing of value was lost.

Not only would we gas you, but your whole family line just to make sure.

I've never seen such shit taste in a single post before

I hope those were just placeholder names.

Really, nigger? These games sound like they're about "good guys" to you?

And don't forget that 1313 was shitcanned along with several multiplayer games that allowed you to play as the Empire.

As I understand it, it's basically a "kitchen sink" sort of list that includes placeholder titles as well as more polished games. The titles for the "Rebel" series is legit, though; fucking Lucas wanted like six games with a title of Star Wars: Rebel ____.

Lookin at the logos, I can deduce most the games on that folio would have been mobile games. So it would not have been that of a loss.

Kind of makes a fantasy universe shrink in scope when the same name is involved fucking everywhere

Jew detected.

Alright, that makes sense, mostly.

When I had access to GameToast I recall people always wanting to make mods that were always flavor of the month, some examples in chronological order include.

And I guess they went for Ep.7 and Rogue One for sure, in my case I would rather try to just expand onto the OT and probably the prequels or incorporate elements from EaW that I liked, I haven't been modding for a while now because I recently began sculpting stuff on 3D which would prove useful for a good mod map.

As mentioned above, the whole "muh non-canon" shit, hell, the Imperial Remnant is way better than The First Order by virtue of making sense, how can you "liberate" the galaxy and still be called "the resistance" while having the scarce rebel alliance resources?

BTW, Jacen Solo > Kylo Ren among other things.

Seeing the old EU ships then looking at the boring uncreative shitfest what (((nu-eu))) ships are just boil my fucking blood! Thanks OP!

Reminder that we are going to reach a point where Trek Vidya > Star Wars Vidya

I hope you were having a nice day.

Prequelkino vidya is the best vidya.

Wow, it's an Eclipse with none of the things that made the Eclipse make sense in canon.
Assuming I'm correct that they actually mean width instead of length there. If it's actually a battleship the size of the fucking death star I'm at a complete loss for words.

Why would the size surprise you? It's made by the same yids that gave us a planet sized Death Star.

So what will be for the next movie? And the next trilogy? A 100 year-light long gun which can destroy galactical clusters? Universe busters? Ommiverse resetter? JESUS. This is going really fucked up.

I see that JJ and Kennedy are still awful at making allegories.

That did happen.
That's where the fellows who took over the sith homeworld came from.

hooktube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE
hooktube.com/watch?v=XORTag6R0OM
Some stuff is missing but compare and be honest. In another timeline we would've got Battlefront 4 by Pandemic this year.

The Legacy era was interesting just by virtue of seeing the Galaxy as it would be 100 years after the last of the EU stuff, but I'm not a fan of the whole "I'm Luke's edgy grandson!" part. also wtf. Asharrad Hett is the most prolonged Chekhov's gun I've ever seen. What the hell was he doing between the Clone Wars and Legacy that made him live so long?

I know how to make star wars great again

I've seen a lot of stupid-ass posts here, but this one is one of the dumbest.

Jarjar and gungans are plenty hot, so…

moddb.com/mods/legacy-era-mini-mod
Currently on hiatus until after the Yuuzhann Vong mod makes more progress/releases.

trips of truth

-DF1 is a really shitty, boring doom clone.
-Jedi Academy is a downgrade and has one of the most obnoxious fucking main (and side) characters in the history of vidya. Also the multiplayer was shit, don't kid yourself.
-Shadows of the Empire is terrible.
-Never heard of Rebellion.
-Actually forgot about Episode 1 Racer, I'll give you that.
-Super Star Wars is garbage
-Clone Wars is literally the worst game you've mentioned.
-Republic Commando is a terrible bottom-tier Halo clone that does everything wrong and is only circlejerked by young kids who have no business being here because the shitbox was their first console.
-Battlefront was always a meme.

Its a lack of creativity, combined with the bigger and better sequel syndrome that normalfags and apparently Hollywood producers, writers and directors suffer from.

I am both impressed and terrified of the dedication the artists behind these have.

Your bait doesn't deserve those trips.

Prove it, post bombad Gungs

boba fett may not have been a good guy but he wasn't a bad guy. he was a bounty hunter doing his job and didn't take a personal stake in any of his bounties unless you read the totally retarded EU shit where he was consumed by hatred for solo after getting out of the sarlacc and spent decades trying to hunt him down

Galaxy in Turmoil NEVER EVER!

no, his grudge is believable. i more meant that the books where they describe the beginnings of his obsession were some of the worst tripe i've ever read, and i read nearly every single star wars novel up until the new jedi order series (which fucking sucked turbodick)

What books?
I'd like to get my own opinion on it, and see what you're talking about.

Fuck John Smedley for killing one of the greatest games of all time
I am still seething

the bounty hunter series. they really are truly awful though, you've been warned

DF1's engine is more technically advanced than Doom, and even though it was meant to be a Doom clone, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The reason DF1 was made was because people kept making Star Wars mods for Doom and LucasArts realized there was a market for it.

Jaden is hardly obnoxious. Rosh is obnoxious enough for both of them, but the gameplay is still solid.

bait/10

I bet you're just saying that because you couldn't beat IG-88.

dis nigga

Super Star Wars diverged from the movies in some ways, but they were still fun, albeit rather difficult for most people. Git gud.

It'd be better if it had Ahsoka, admittedly. Fighter tanks kick ass though.

Did the Halo games available at the time let you give orders to your squadmates? Does Halo let you hack enemy computers? Does Halo have the variety of enemies that RepCom has? By your standards, all adventure games are Zelda clones, all platformers are Mario clones, etc.

Spoken like someone who never bothered to play it.

Admittedly its been about 15 years since I read that trilogy, but I don't remember it being THAT bad.

i realize the irony of what i'm about to say, because i like star wars novels of all things, but the bounty hunter trilogy was some of the worst-written media i've ever read in my life. like, almost every other star wars author, even the bad ones, took pains to make sure that the characters spoke in a way "natural" to the universe, or referenced things from the universe. there are several examples in the trilogy of characters saying "that pisses me off" or something like that, and while that in itself could be ignored if the rest of the story was good, it just isn't. it's badly written, it's boring, and it's just plain bad in all the ways that mattered. honestly if it wasn't for the courtship of princess leia i'd say that it's the worst written star wars EU novel ever (courtship was a good idea for a story but reads like the author is barely literate)

Jesus fucking christ

Good one Disney

I don't think they are pleasing any of those in the end.

It was pretty fun

true. Manchildren won't be happy unless they can buy every single figure they ever wanted and for every figure to look great.

Great game, however it has it's fair share of issues and lacks depth.

BTW, it looks like most of the new toys are gathering dust in the shelves, specially Rey figures, wasn't there supposed to be a demand for those? there is a video I saw about that, I can link to it, just asking beforehand so people won't think is my channel or something.

OP is right in that besides one game (which wasnt that good TBH), there arent more mods about that period. The ships designs were good, so is surprising that I havent heard of any mod were you could fly a Crossfire fighter or a Predator TIE…plus, one of the best shit on that period was Fel Empire (AKA what the Galactic Empire should have been), and playing as Roan Fel trying to unite the galaxy once and fo all would be awesome.

But really, Disney could just have taken the legacy era and make the new trilogy around it. It was almost the same as the old movies (bad evil empire vs oppresed kingdom and rebels who want liberty), so it would have been liked by the normalfags too. But instead, we get Rey Mixer, sweating ape, gay spic pilot, and no interesinf setting to see….

I happen to think Republic Commando is fairly worse than most seem to think it is as well. The gadgets and squad system are all well and good, but it's a corridor shooter. The levels are boring.

Anyone play MBII?
I can't for the life of me figure out lightsaber combat, it's like one of those fucking magic eye pictures and everyone else can see it but I'm stuck here looking at meaningless chaotic static wondering what the fuck is even going on

It's fucking baffling how they can be so goddamn bad at basic art and concept design
It's like they set out with the sole objective of ruining everything people liked about the series

Long video incoming, you can skip around and see bits of the whole thing.

When it comes to mods for Classic SWBF2 how do you make space better? I was thinking of having one side with a space station and some backup capital ships while the other only has capital ships.

at least you can rest easy knowing that that book in particular was completely torpedoed for being a piece of garbage and that author will likely never be allowed to write another

The same is with Harry Potter. Thats soy boys and manchildren for you.

Yes, there is a demand for much of it but the issue is that they over produce the fuck out of products and a shitload sit on shelfs. Women action figures never sell, and this is a statistically proven fact.

Well, the video I posted shows a ton of Rey figures that are collecting dust at several stores, on the other hand turns out she had a figure way before feminists asked for it, that was weird.

Feminists don't need to ask for it, because Star Wars is pretty much ran by a feminist. They'll be two steps ahead because that's just the nature of it.
Meanwhile in Japan they get shit like this.

I see, on a different subject, can we re-take my other topic?

Dev of the mod made difficulty tweaks I think.

Vanilla Easy shouldn't be a problem, other than that it cheats, the only difference is how it actually never upgrades tech before you do.

Giving more than a sidelong glance at the design, and looking past the fact it's a flying wing 37.5% the width (or length, if the text is not mistaken) of the Death Star implemented by a state with far lesser resources than the Empire (though considering the origins of the First Order as a hermit kingdom of technocrats & hardline militarists and mystics, one that is likely far smarter about efficient use of them in the fashion of end-war German desperation innovation) the Supremacy is actually a rather sound design.

Consider a moment the original purpose of the Star Destroyers' dagger-hull profile; to present as many batteries cleanly forward towards the enemy as possible, as unobstructed as can be managed. This worked swimmingly for the conventional-scale Star Destroyer capital ships and pocket supercapital/battlecruisers of the lower end of the Super Star Destroyer class like the Bellator class or the draw-up only Super class, but once you reach the scale of the Executor and Eclipse, I have to imagine you'll run into a certain practical problem; the ship starts to get long enough that gunnery becomes desynchronized between forward and aft batteries because of their physical distance, and accuracy suffers.

A combination between a good, battery-synchronized central rangefinder array feeding information to these guns and good-enough local rangefinders for the gunners to site themselves in will mitigate this problem, but the fact remains that a relative minority of guns will be coming into reach first on the Executor before the daggerhead starts to cleave closer and allow the amidship & aft batteries to begin effectively firing. The sheer number of guns firing in a narrow forward band might produce a worrisome amount of visual noise, making personal observation of fire difficult; Star Wars ships are essentially going to suffer pre-Dreadnought woes of battery splash interference tenfold, since the tendency is towards lots of smaller, distributed guns of admittedly disproportionate power, with large wing & axial turrets being relatively rare affairs, let alone the almost absent spinal gun concept that I can only recall being on the Eclipse in superlaser form as mainline ships go.

The axehead profile of the Supremacy offers an interesting solution to all these problems; to mitigate the problem of reaching battery range in lengthwise steps, spread the guns widthwise to reduce the distance between fore & aft! This likewise reduces the degree of interference from fore & aft batteries between one another, because there are simply less fore & aft batteries to begin with, and all-forward fire will create a distinct triangular enfilade fire pattern rather than a muddled line. A new problem is created in the form of need for secondary fire control along the wings to bring together cohesively targeting batteries, as central command seems a bit more isolated from a number of its guns than the Executor would be from the forward third of its own, but this is a small price to pay for coming into reach almost immediately versus over the course of minutes of forward maneuver.

I won't make any bones about the new films being utter shit. All I see of them is shit. All I hear of them is shit. I've neglected to watch them, because all around them is shit; the only nice things put out are memes taking the piss out of the film and maybe the actor of Snokes' performance and his aesthetic. But Starkiller Base- again, ignoring its roots in JJ Abrams having no sense of scale and a preening desire for one-upsmanship over the previous films as unoriginally expressed as possible- is actually an exceedingly sound concept after some of the writers cleaned up after his mess to provide explanation for it in at least the Complete Locations book. Doctrinally, the roots for designing Starkiller Base are simple; the constructional failures of both Death Stars, the military failures of both Death Stars, and the espionage failures surrounding both Death Stars.

Constructionally, the first Death Star had a ludicrous critical vulnerability (even if the shot was one in a million and only made possible by space magic guiding the torpedo through the entire exhaust port without being driven off course by any internal gravitational changes down the straight chute to detonate on the walls or any other problems that would emerge in a non-perfect, non-Force interfered launch) and ineffectual self-defense capability, as it lacked both in small-scale point defense to deal with fighters and sufficient dual-purpose capability in its turbolaser batteries to compensate, with a totally schizophrenic battery organization done purely by arbitrary numbering and not by sector. If forced into a capital engagement, lack of ability to use the massive superlaser that the entire power system of the station was built around would heavily reduce its net combat power thanks to this disproportion no matter how many turbolaser it had and could potentially allow it to be critically damaged in some other way, though perhaps not catastrophically destroyed. The second Death Star would have rectified a number of these problems, but was simultaneously constrained by budget and its own middling gigantism both acting to constrain construction, leaving it half-finished and behind its impossible construction projections.

Militarily, the first Death Star was designed as a component to a fleet-in-being and as a terror symbol, essentially as a bluff excepting any use against the Yuuzhan Vong as conceived exclusively by the Emperor, but was prematurely used by Tarkin and destroyed due to the above flaws, destroying its potential as such a symbol. Insufficient screens (by which one means none going by the Wookiepedia entry, which notes no capital ships on either side) and bad coordination between defense batteries & fighter cover show innumerable small-scale failures in military thinking throughout this first of class undertaking. Each firing, meanwhile, would take a matter of hours for charging; demolishing a star system would be a slow, telegraphed affair, potentially not much faster or else slower than conventional planetary bombardment by Imperial capital ships. The second Death Star was meant to be a step ahead in all respects from the first, problem being that this step ahead was entirely unnecessary as compared to a more modest revision of the first, and resultantly failed to make an impact before it was destroyed in another freak trench run due to its incompletion. It was a failure of right conceptual thinking in scale, resulting from the Emperor's unspoken preparation to fight the Vong- with destruction of Republican ideological holdouts as a secondary concern- and from Imperial military gigantism on the part of officers & technocrats.

Espionage-wise, the discovery of both Death Stars' plans and the lack of coherent awareness or response to this fact was absolutely disgraceful. I'm not too familiar with this part of the EU, knowing only that the plans for various subcomponents were segregated from one another and only brought together as a single whole at the Maw Installation, excepting the earliest drawing board projections in the hands of the CIS from which the Imperial construction was extrapolated. The Imperial arms procurement sector in the early to mid civil war, much like German espionage in the second world war, was exceptionally leaky, as one can see in the defection of the X-Wing designers from Incom, which had been nationalized under the Empire. The weaknesses of the designs, their locations, their level of construction, all discovered with relative ease and exploited thereafter to cataclysmic effect. These are the three problems summarized.

Starkiller Base soundly addresses all of them, within the context of the nu-EU and the Empire being left as one contiguous rump-state instead of an ebb & flow of unified states and bickering warlords of various territorial expanse. Bereft of resources and any favorable strategic position, the First Order had to create an obscene quality gap to make up for the quantity problem. The first way in which they did this was with conventional ships- in a very wonderful way, with the Resurgent-class battlecruiser handily fulfilling my pocket battleship fetish at ~3000 meters and the Mandator IV filling in for pocket super-battleship- that were a cut above the rest on average while not being too dense in mass to cause harm to their space-policing abilities. The second was in devising a doomsday weapon beyond doomsday weapons, capable of engaging in first strike attacks across massive stretches of space, while being invulnerable to any conceivable conventional and unconventional attack, with no possibility of discovery before completion of its construction and no critical dependence on exterior supply for said construction.

This was accomplished through an extremely stringent planetary surveying spree, with some very specific features necessary. Specific features found in laboratory installations relating to the Death Star, referring in vagueries to a single planet of paramount importance to the Death Star project. After 'decades,' they find it in the form of a remote world used as a source for the Kyber crystals used in the Death Star superlasers. An exceptionally rare resource in exceptionally rare quantity on a planetary scale, with the world itself being virtually unknown even up to the deepest inner circles of the former Empire and totally to any in the Rebel Alliance, New Republic or Resistance. And so they set to work; the entire planet was mined out into one gigantic husk around a military superproject, completely sidestepping the logistical problems of supplying the construction of the Death Star 2. The weapon was constructed on such a scale as to destroy multiple star systems at any range in a substantially shorter time frame than either Death Star design could accomplish, even multiples at a total mass comparing to Starkiller Base, maximizing military output for logistical & resource input; this is one of few contexts in which one tremendous weapon trumps multiple compartmentalized ones.

Approach would be impossible due to escorting capital ships & fighters and immediate destruction if one were attempting to pop on top of the base through hyperspace travel thanks to shield generators smashing ships like flies on a windshield; infiltration impossible due to a planet's worth of security complement and infinite potential for horrible deathtraps for infiltrators in the form of autoturrets, hunter-killer droids and crack troops attacking through murder holes and segregated bunker-watchposts; a capital ship battle, potentially viable against either of the Death Stars, would be impossible versus this scale of battle planetoid, which would be capable of mounting multiple planetary scale anti-capital defense weapons even in the absence of escorts. Starvation of resources is impossible, as it has a planet's worth of space to store consumables and feeds its fuel cells on the ubiquitous thing we call stars, with obscene energy capacity to match the weapons' output.

Discovery before completion was impossible; there is no substantial exterior reference to planet or project, and its location deep in the Unknown Regions and First Order space makes its discovery by any ship a laughable idea, let alone the following survival and return of the scouting party. Discovery of plans would be near impossible and irrelevant overall, as the only weak point was in the destruction of one critical subcomponent and only at the absolute worst time possible of a 100% weapon charge just prior to firing, the thermal oscillator; this was only possible through destruction of internal shield generators or a very particular set of columns to open an access tunnel to them. It was essentially nonsense to even consider it as a possible destruction vector from an exterior perspective. From the perspective of its constructors, it also would be nonsense not to account for this nonsense possibility with severe redundancies and fail-safes in this critical component, having all the experience of every Imperial superweapon gone wrong to go by, decades to conceive and build, endless slush resources unlike the previous starved projects, even assuming total defense of said subcomponent and its shields. There are no risks worth taking on a project of such scale.

However, due to the contrived demands of plot, just working by the synopsis, the plans ARE leaked by a petty stormtrooper, the weak point IS discovered, the planetoid is UNDERSTAFFED and UNDERGUNNED in identical or worse fashion to the previous Death Star with a skeleton crew of petty reservists fighting the protagonists onscreen and no foolproof automated securities, a less dense number of high-caliber guns and little to nothing in the way of point defense fighting off dozens of starfighters, a handful of unprofessional dregs manage to try and fail to expose this weak point, try again and succeed, and a handful of starfighters which should've been destroyed ages ago by ground fire or interceptors manage a totally successful attack run at precisely the right time and place to cause the worst possible chain reaction and catastrophic failure of the main weapon. At no point during an attack that is explicitly targeting the very critical weakpoint- they are at least forewarned of this by the first failed attack run- do they shut down the firing process, dial back and delay until the threat is gone. At no point is it questioned that a single officer was capable of lowering the shields of the planetoid from a singular to enable this entire attack run, and that no other station was capable of re-raising these shields. Nor how this officer Phasma, extrapolated in a shit novel or else retconned in a shit novel to being a Mad Maxian world-born backstabber with no ideological loyalty kept as a symbol and legbreaker by General Hux happens to get into and stay in this very critical position even as key people around Hux openly tell him she'll fuck up everything at the first personal necessity and opportunity.

Everything surrounding the film, JJ Abrams and his motivation for Starkiller base, all shit. But the base itself, as a kind of ur-Death Star conceptually correcting the mistakes of its predecessor, is really very nice. The problem is that it is crippled by the formerly described part, in and out of universe, and will only be remembered as such in spite of the neatness of a planetary megaproject in a vacuum and the good work done by the few remaining extended material writers. Jesus Christ I did not expect this to bloat this long.

View this image. On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate your pain?

about here

It's not even close to Death Star-sized in any one axis let alone in terms of mass, but it is a VERY large dreadnought. It's excusable considering that the ship is meant to serve as the mobile capital of the First Order civil & military government and Snoke's physically unassailable and uninterceptible seat of power. Still, very indicative of the ungraceful one-upping tendency of the new films.

The thing I hate most isn't the scale, it's the wretched class name. Mega. The lead ship and only one of its class is dubbed Supremacy, but instead of following suit the class is called Mega, like this is a cheap '80s cartoon, and not at all in a good way as would usually be the case.

Do you think you can hack together another version at the even more ridiculous 60km long rather than wide projection, user? I'd be interested to see how many aneurysms it causes.

STER WORS

I am very surprised they didn't turn star destroyers into phallic symbols of the patriarchy or some shit.

This is the kinda shit that makes me hate star wars
Even just star destroyers were already obscenely fucking big, and only get a pass because it was the 70's and people were retarded

But how is the Imperial Remnant (Remnant being the key word) supposed to have had BETTER access to construction (of a planet gun and cocksuckingly massive space ship) than its galaxy-spanning predecessor? If the New Republic is the new galactic government, why is their military force called The Resistance? What are they resisting? How can you resist something you already beat?

I know the answer to the last few questions, by the way. It's because kikes in the real world media call themselves "the resistance" to the genocidal fascist racist sexist homophobic Trump administration despite jews still owning all media, all banks, and all governments. But still.

It bothers me that they're capable of building this, moving across a galaxy in a month's time, and creating armies of sentient (not sapient) robots, but the lifespan of the in universe Human species (which Mace Windu is a member of despite all black people having a different homeworld than the white humans) is still only 80 years, canonically.

b-b-because they were hidden on the outer rim, and low profile… and… STOP OPPRESSING ME!

Seriously, they have full on fucking human clones with even some ability to copy memories and shit, and can't just modify regular people
At least their transhumanism game is strong, robotic prosthetics work perfectly and I assume someone who went full grievous could extend their lifespan a fair bit

Also force shenanigans can make people practically immortal as plot requires

There's no need to "give a pass" to ISDs, they're perfectly in line with everything else about the Empire - imposing, severe and iconic. They were as much symbols of imperial might as much as they were anything else.

Well, until the prequels at least.

I thought it was fun.

Addressing all questions, including rhetorical ones;

Essentially, it's pre-Hitler Weimar politicking and sneaky buildup, followed by a breakneck pace of diplomatic & military actions as the hardest of hardliners take power. Except minus all the diplomacy, with a not really parallel first strike either in context or action and lots of ebil superweapons. And spooky space wizards running the show who will make vague statements about strength and power with only a veneer of coherent pseudofascistic ideology, which will be displayed only in the most unfavorable and near-parodic fashion which will nonetheless enthrall people with its aesthetic at which point the writers will kvetch.

It's weird, but Star Wars never flirts with biopunk anything that isn't some horrible battlemonster getting grown in a vat or twisted by Dark Side shenanigans. Biological routes to immortality are similarly ignored.

I never got very far in it, and left off on it very early last time I tried because the shitty offbrand Gamecube controller I had broke down in myriad ways. Is it worth giving a go?

Or maybe is just that JarJar Abrahams wanted to remake Ep.4 and didn't bother to properly sort out the fact that the Rebels formed the New Republic and just made them still a "Resistance" against an "oppressive" Empi–First Order as if Ep.6 didn't have any impact on the conflict.

it could have been so cool too, I think that's what hurts the most. It could have started on the new academy hidden in some backwater planet, where grand master jedi luke is teaching the new kids the ways of the force. You get the archetypes like the captian, the raw unrefined talent, the holocron nerd, the cheeky ones unknowlingly taking their first steps toward the dark side. New Republic spies inform them that the remnant is making lots of noise on the outer rim and occupying remaining planets close by in known space. The remnant is dark, utilising ancient sith mysteries, slavery and half ready or damaged clones to reclaim the galaxy - stormtroopers wear battered armour with missing pieces, leather and hide bandoliers and malfunctioning tech.

After getting a new scene where General solo liberates one of the outer planets with the jedi padawans - being sent on their first real mission, mysteries start to reveal themselves - the empire has unearthed ancient sith practice and poses a real threat again. Here we get to see all the new tech of the new republic, giving disney a licence to print cash with action figures of new soldiers, ships and vehicles.

The padawan group is sent to investigate rumours of an unearthed sith temple in dark space, selectively fighting their way through and being surprised at the ruthlessness of the remnant - light force magic, ancient vibroswords squad tactics. They arrive at the tomb in the process of unearthing, it's the underwater tomb of an ancient force wielder, maintained and protected by a neutral selkath cult.

They pass some dangerous trials and, reaching the sarcophagus, are best upon by the force ghost, he speaks and the remaining padawans realise he is the ghost of Darth Revan, who ultimately failed in whatever he set out to achieve after leaving known space. He possesses one of the padawans, deafeats some of the remaining padawans, growing stronger while the rest flee.

Back at the academy, the remaining padawans explain what's happanend, and how an ancient sith that grows stronger with conquest may now have a sith army at his disposal.

Now the main bad guy has been set up again through the arrogance of the jedi - while still leaving his motives a mystery. We'd eventaully get a fight between the the strongest jedi master and ancient sith lord in the final film and establish new veteran jedi or masters by the end of it. The empire can properly be defeated and disney can do whatever the hell they want afterwards. They had so much legacy to build off, so many characters that emotionally attached fanns would flock to see and the chance to build new ones through conflict - and they rehashed epIV and ham fisted diversity.

Star wars is dead.

It's a pretty standard third person shooter, but the weapons are fun to use (specially the jetpack rocket), the places you visit are either unique to the game or seldom seen throughout the franchise and the Mandalorian lore is pretty interesting for what it is.

Yes. It's not some hidden 10/10 or anything but it's a solid Star Wars game that establishes its own identity and expands on the lore and if that's what you're looking for then you'll have a good time.

I mean, that's completely possible as far as the original script turning out to be completely unfleshed out and JJ being a dumbfuck Jewish hack, but Wookiepedia has these things written out from first-party material like the Visual Dictionary. So he's been cleaned up after somewhat. Crippling treaties, cold wars, proxy warfare, and the Republic immediately returning to being an ineffectual corrupt shitpot with the Empire learning from its mistakes. Except for where it didn't or does but it doesn't matter anyways for plot purposes.

I might have to put the time in, then. Thanks anons.

You dream too big, user
If that ever happened, it would be actual non-normalfag fans at the wheel, and then we'd probably get something like what happened when 343 took over Halo

Could have at least put some obvious blades on the legs to stop any tow cable attacks (those are vents on the front legs). At least the prequel era vehicle design had a nice "pre-evolution" function that then lead to the Original triology vehicle designs. Now Nu-SW is just ORIGINAL TRILOGY DESIGNS BUT BIGGER!

but 343 was normalfags pretending to be bungie. You can't tell me the original devs would have pulled this out of their ass, and made team girl power and captain nig nog hunt down the protagonist of their last 5 or so games - delegitimising the whole thing.

doublepost, but we were so fucking close to getting revan into hard-canon with the clone wars show, they had his model done but they changed him to darth bane - or was meant to speak to yoda on korriban.

It's a gay ripoff of the Legacy-Era AT-AHT.

I'm saying it was made by "fans" who happened to have a company instead of actual qualified people

Or white colored, don't forget that, everything now has white supr–colored outlines or repaints.

In a Galactic Civil War era, what would be the best choice to add vehicles from the EU to Classic Battlefront?

Wait what

Does the sheer goddamn extent to which this man is able to fuck up nice things know no bounds

If by "Fans" you mean people who had no idea of what made Halo good, like, they never had any contact with the franchise and they're like that one stupid "le gamer gurl" who heard about Portal but never played it yet kept spewing "The cake is a lie!"; then thats the only kind of fan you could possibly be talking about when 343 took over the franchise

Who gets the money if you buy the starwars games off GOG?

Map terrain is a primary concern, can't really fit an AT-AT in Theed as an example, but several AT-PTs would work as they are around the same size as the AT-RTs the clones use on the same map.

Ignoring how vulnerable a lot of stuff with the prequel walker was, it had a few things I thought were better. The AT-AT was basically a walking command post/watch tower with some really powerful guns attached. The AT-TE had more all around offensive capability, and didn't have the obvious weakness of being so damn exposed.

Actually, don't make it a command post. Its going to be one of the first things targeted.

There was this guy who was trying to defend Ep.7 and after using half-assed arguments (whch I tore apart) he decided to end with "also J.J. Abrahams is a big fan of Star Wars!"

Who gets the money?

It's rather sad, because the gorilla walker does have some sensible design decisions. I don't think blades would be sufficient to cut tow cables, and since standard tow cable worked just fine in a guerilla context, it's likely the New Republic would make tougher cable anyways specifically for anti-walker use, outpacing this kind of defense. Instead, a redesign of the feet would make it so that even under tow cable attack, the walker would merely be immobilized rather than topple; with the forward feet having an extended back, if the legs buckle inwards, the 'forearm' of the front legs could reactively bend outwards to keep it from toppling in a way the old elephant foot design can't; it will retain a stable surface with the legs holding the walker upwards either in a tensioned diagonal position with the foot touching the ground alone or resting on forefeet & 'elbows' if the legs are insufficiently powerful to maintain the former, albeit in an awkward face down/ass up configuration either way with questionable self-righting capability. But at least they won't crash headfirst and get torn to pieces under their own weight.

This could be further improved to allow the walker to remain entirely standing by just making a longer foot- something like the gorillafoot in length both back and forward- with an improved-range version of the old elephant foots' articulation method, allowing all original points of ground contact to remain where they were or else be forced into a similar relatively stable position even with the legs locked elbow-to-elbow. From either position, the main guns will still be able to fire even if in a more limited arc, and the humpback cannon will retain free reign in much of its effective arc even in the face down position. Furthermore, the only credible threat (however minor) beside speeders on Hoth were the dish & tower turrets, and adding an additional, even heavier stand-off gun to deal specifically with fortifications is certainly a good idea.

It looks a bit topheavy even compared to the gorillawalker. The stubby legs don't help that high center of gravity, either, but I suppose that makes it less vulnerable to speeder attack.

As I recall, the AT-AT's height was meant to allow it to engage as a kind of over-the-horizon direct artillery or assault gun; from very far distances, you'd only be able to see the head, upper hull box and maybe the lower legs, the guns of which will then ping you to death from that distance with impunity.

The obnoxious big tall "command post" design is also something that plagues the star destroyer and all similar ships, and it makes even less sense there since they're in fucking space

Check around 11:32 to see something that should be implemented in the games if anyone cared enough.

Not the devs, they're all dead.

Hands down the 1969 Buick Electra.

I assume EU doesn't stand for Expanded Universe for you Carlos.

It's in 4 Star Wars games. It's a perfectly valid choice. Don't be mad because you didn't think of it first.

Show me its entry on the Legends section on a Wookiepedia article (for example) and I will consider it.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Buick
PERFECTLY

VALID

CHOICE

It is unique, maybe I'll make a prop.

Pilotable or riot.

Probably hidden on a map.

I wouldnt even call that ripoff. Because if that were true, the Gorilla AT AT wouldnt be as boring and shitty as a ripped off AT AHT would be.

It's a shitty attempt at redesigning the shitty AT-MA they had for Episode 7 that was the original replacement for the AT-AT they designed.

Revan was called a sith, but in that time, a sith was any force user who wasn't a jedi of the counsel. He was technically a grey jedi, which falls into the categor yof someone who fully knows both sides of the force and will dabble into the power of both sides without turning into a zealot of either side. That's why Revan's sith understudy betrayed him.

Go away, Disney

Star Wars is a burning dumpster fire and Disney rubbing their hands cancelling EU then releasing FA after the fact wasn't enough for them. They are strangling the horse that died years ago and the grip will never loosen.

News flash: all three main actors were always jewish and the whole thing’s a fucking allegory for the Nazis.

Spoken like a true nuWars Disney nigger, I bet you were one of those safetypin fags involved with SHIT One.

Meanwhile, everything about the disneyverse is off

To be fair the Star Wars original trilogy did take a lot of design ques from the Nazis and WW2 as a whole.

I didn't mean to upload that last image.

Stormtroopers. Reported.

Would I be able to get into them nowadays? Are any of them too dated for a first play of?

And everything else. Star Wars is George Lucas' childhood. You got Flash Gordon, WW2 films, westerns, samurai movies, Arthurian myth, hot rod culture. To say Star Wars is all just about the Nazis, is a total simplification.

That's nonsense. If Revan wasn't a Sith, why did he take the title of Darth?
It's stated in KotOR2 that Revan turned to the teachings of the Sith in order to master the dark side and access the powers of the Star Forge so he could prepare the galaxy for the True Sith invasion

This game is not only worth playing as a good FPS but important for pushing tech back when it came out.

Picrelated is notable mostly for the strangely freeform Tatooine section and letting you murder Gungans. Also a retarded difficulty spike at a specific jump in the swamps.

Even ignoring all the games you're missing:
Dark Force 2 is the strange transitional game of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, it doesn't do shooting as well as Dark Force 1, didn't handle the jump to a 'modern' 3D engine well and the lightsabre combat/force powers are out of place and awkward in comparison to the later games. Still a playable game but the worst of the series.

You have no idea what you're talking about, the engine is far superior and was also used for the god-tier Outlaws.

Reminds me of the weird German flying wing designs from the end of WW2, probably intentionally.

There was no point, the original trilogy has no deeper meaning than what you see on the screen and even that was made up as they went along since the first film's success was a complete shock.>-DF1 is a really shitty, boring doom clone.

The first Force Unleashed is a solid 6/10 in the real sense of above-average, not the IGN-tier sense of anything below 7 being worthless. It's a perfectly acceptable and largely forgettable game with a good amount of content/variety (the collectible power and colour crystals that tied into cannon were neat too). Story is a bit fanfictiony but actually fairly solid for the genre and the 'what if' extra content (I think it came with the GOTY edition?) was a fun idea.
The Force Unleashed 2 on the other hand is fucking terrible: the story is fanfiction of fanfiction tier and ends idiotically, the game is insultingly short and the gameplay was casualised in every measurable way. The only good thing about it was the dismemberment and ability to fuck up Ewoks in the 'what if' expansion it also got.

There was a push to create fake demand for them for agenda-pushing reasons, unsurprisingly it didn't materialise.

The feminist 'outrage' was manufactured for publicity user, Disney used a lot of scummy marketing practices with TFA.

Play Eternal Silence. I think some mods also add dogfighting-only battles set in the Old Republic era but the space battles were held back by hardware limitations and by being tied to a hard 2D plane despite pretending to be 3D (there's always an 'up' and 'down', you can see this most obviously when using the bomber).

The term Stormtrooper originally referred to the elite assault troopers of the WW1 German army, the Nazi use of the term was a direct throwback to this as well as an important way of linking themselves to anti-Communist precursors like the Freikorps (the main attraction of the NSDAP to the average voter being the ability to counter groups like the totally-not-Soviet-backed KPD/Spartacists). As usual the Third Reich's version was just an inferior copy of the superior Second Reich original; delusional street thugs who thought they were something special.

>It is completely unknown when or how he EU canonically died

Why aren't there any games revolving around him? Boba Fett has one of the most extensive and interesting story arcs in the series.

Star Wars 1313 was supposed to be about Boba. Then Disney happened.

You're an idiot. The Empire was originally made to be America to the Rebels' Viet Cong and other smaller armies.

It was also supposed to be about a random bounty hunter before george lucas happened

reminder that the darth maul game that was in development would have had darth talon in as well, because george walked into the studio one day, saw two figures standing next to each other and thought they should be friends.

george did nothing wrong.

so that's why they speak with british accents, conquered the known galaxy like the british conquered the known world, and used modified british weaponry for the most part?

smh fam. yes, lucas borrowed from the reich, but borrowed from a lot more than just nazi germany.

this, it's why i've started telling people that hitler is the lucas of ww2.

EMPIRE DID NOTHING WRONG

unless I see some best buy papers or something where ti says dont send us toys they dont sell I wont believe some guy recording full shelves.

But Hitler came first so wouldn't that make Lucas the Hitler of the Science-Fiction genre?

i believe the point the videofag is making is that the stores are clearly fatigued with the merch, hence having the massive stockpiles that seem to be sitting around. it won't ever get to cisbusters level of bad, where none of the new shit sells to the point of being on clearance before the movie is out (kek, serves them right anyway) and the only thing keeping them afloat are the new molds of older stuff, but disney definitely is bleeding money on the toys atm.

technically, yes. however, the idea of meshing shit up didn't really become popular until georgie boy did it, hence the retroactive titling.

sauce on the comic? i know the website, i just need the name. also never figured the empire still used AT-TEs. six legs always seemed a bit impractical to me as opposed to the four legged AT-AT.

Legs in general are impractical. Why even have legs when you have repulsolift tech?

Ask >>>Holla Forums669752
They posted the entire comic some months ago in a Star Wars thread, good chances that someone still has it.

because if they hit you with an ion cannon or something that repulsor is fubar, and you become a sitting duck. legs are at least a safer alternative. at least that's what i imagine their reasoning for it is.

Hence why you should have wheels underneath for such an occasion.

not entirely sure if still a thing or not, but i do believe there were smaller aircraft with wheels as a secondary for just that situation.

I sure hope they did, because legs are a shit idea.

Man I'm so glad Star Wars went back to its ROOTS and isn't like those hack uncreative prequels!

You become a sitting duck if they blow up a leg as well, same if they destroy a wheel (if the vehicle has four wheels). Repulsors are still the most practical solution with the least moving parts. I still have no idea why there aren't more repulsors tanks with shields in Star Wars, or tanks with threads and shields. Seems like the most logical choice for a land based weapon instead of all the other stupid shit they use.

Source user: readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Empire/Issue-16?id=98954

Lt. Sunber's Storyline
To the Last Man: chap 16-18
Wrong Side of the War: chap 36-40

Remember Lt Sunber should have been Commander and he has a hard life

danke

man idk, i don't get into the technical aspects of that shit.

Daily reminder that the Empire did nothing wrong.
The old EU was filled with a lot of shit but it's still far better than anything Disney pumps out.

Same reason why you still see cold war era equipment still being used. They most likely had stockpiles of them lying around after the clone wars and gave them to Imperial units that weren't high priority.

Without Lucas the Star Wars universe wouldn't be a fraction as compelling as it is. The man was a classic ideas guy and had world-building down to an art, he just needed to be kept away from dialogue and story at all costs.

Star Wars the original trilogy anyway, EU and arguably even prequels are a different matter isn't Science Fiction, it's fantasy with spaceships.

story was fine too, but dialogue was arguably not his forte. then again, the whole point of star wars was an homage to the old serials and flash gordon which were incredibly cheesy themselves. the sooner people realize that, the sooner they'll realize the prequels aren't the awful monstrosities rlm makes them out to be and are still leagues above disney shit.

This hard to defend after Operation Cinder in the (((nu-canon)))…
…i hope this is a hint for other imperial remnants and a less First Order-tier faction under Thrawn leadership.

hope? why do you have any hope? star wars is dead and disney is going to make billions by parading the corpse around in your face for the remainder of your lifetime

Why are they using satellites for what looks like a Base Delta Zero action?
I know, none of them ever read the old canon.

I have hope because of the very same reason why i visit this place and hoping for seen a worthy videogame after 3 years apathy… I have hope because… i haven't suffered enough to pull the trigger on myself yet…

They turning their loyalist planets into a wasteland to scare the galaxy. Yes, you read it right, their literally kill of their most blindly loyal people and troopers, destroying their own military factories and cities just to send a message to the rebellion aka Operation Cinder!

That's (((nu-canon))) and Disney for you, baby!

It's the exact sort of mustache twirling stupidity I would expect, but that's not my point. A single Imperial Class Star Destroyer can depopulate an earth sized planet in a day's time, why the fuck are they using satellites to stir up electrical storms that apparently take months to do the job?

It's retarded and inefficient on top of that, and shows no respect to the source material. So par for the course for disney, I shouldn't be surprised.

Two main reasons.
First is rule of cool to better sell distinctive toys to children.
Second is that the legged vehicles can better traverse uneven and difficult terrain in ways that a tracked or wheeled vehicle can not.

As for repulsor tech. We don't know enough about its limitations. Could be a weight/power ratio problem that makes it impractical.

It seems the general plan here was not the efficient extermination of the worlds populations but to push them to vacate said worlds and move elsewhere. Displacing loyalists so that they would move to the unknown regions.

it's still pretty stupid and the laser satellites are literally world destroyers in an even more retarded form.

for all the lifting of dark empire material they've done, you'd think they could actually pull something off at this point.

That's somehow even worse than the galactic equivalent of breaking your tonka truck so the other kids can't play with it.

Actually overall it's not a bad idea as the general game plan was "build a mini Empire to retake the galaxy with"
Since the Empire itself had collapsed there was no real chance of it being able to survive as was and most of those Imperial stronghold worlds were isolated or otherwise unable to support themselves. They'd have fallen and been conquered or punished for their involvement. Imagine post WW2 Germany on a planetary scale then done across multiple worlds.

So by forcing the populace off their worlds you force them into a situation where they either run to their enemies who are looking for some revenge or run away with the remaining Imperial forces to their planned Imperial successor state.
You remove staying still as an option and force them to choose. Most will choose to go with the people who don't want to kill them for supporting the Empire.

The plan allows them to consolidate their population and forces in a region their enemies don't venture into and isn't heavily developed.

What's the opinion of Imperial bioweapons Project I71A?

Then why not just pay them to go someplace else, or offer other incentives?

But now they have a population that hates them for destroying their homes and forcing them to leave. What's to stop said population from just rebelling themselves?

even though the initial chain of command was gone with the battle of endor, realistically the nearest high ranking admiral should have become the new emperor. that's one thing that's always annoyed me, is that they just suddenly decide it's over.

I always liked Jedi Academy, it had the most satisfying jedi combat imo.

I liked it in Death Troopers, when it was just a bioweapon. Had an interesting take on zombies where they learn to shoot and operate ships. Lost interest with that prequel book.

iirc somewhere in old EU it was mentioned how Palpatine used battle meditation or whatever it was on his officers and when he died at Endor all the coordination went to shit with mass confusion. I also think the Endor space battle lasted for a while after DS 2 blew up.

Wasn't the whole point of Operation Cinder in the EU was to destroy anything related to Palpatines personal life and his past? I thought the whole thing was set around burning up Naboo as to burry Palpatines history

Repost cause my phones retarded

Disney's plan was to just make the Empire be comically evil. If this is the precursor to their movies, though, then in a way this forced exodus did help them out, since they didn't get swallowed up by the new Republic and instead went even harder on inventing new tech and expanding on spaceships and weaponry. They basically got into a sink-or-swim situation where they either came up with even more revolutionary tech, or they'd be fucked.

What pisses me off about the Legacy era, other than Crucible being shit, is that it was clearly set up to have more stories indefinitely, and those will never be told. The timeline had reached a point where Han, Luke and Leia could retire and not be the most important people in the galaxy. But Ben will never be Grand Master. We will never see him raise his child and the events that lead to Kol Skywalker being born, nor see Jaina & Jag rule the Empire and solidify the Fel dynasty. The Fetts will never return to Mandalore. Allana will never be queen. Vestara will never be redeemed. We will never see Krayt building the One Sith. We will never know the circumstances that lead to the birth and name of Ania Solo, despite Jaina being a Fel, Allana being a Djo and Anakin and Jacen being dead.

Good, because the Legacy shit was retarded. Disney's new canon is retarded too. It was fucked either way.

I'd be shocked either way if Disney did or did not touch it ever again.

You can't pay or offer incentives when you're a failed state.
By that point the Empires control over its own finances were limited, politicians were looking to secure their own survival and the military was pretty much running on its own initiative.
On top of that there's time. They simply lacked it. They did however have large quantities of starships, heavy haulers and troop transports.

Another issue was that they needed a high takeup rate on this forced migration for it to work, they needed literally whole worlds to pack up and move.

As for the population and their anger.
We see Operation Cinder from the perspective of someone deeply involved in it.
Fuck knows what the average citizen saw or knows. Hell they could blame the rebels for it and hail the Imperials as heroes who rescued them from certain doom. Imperial citizens over in the First Orders empire may invoke the memory of these worlds as reasons to never surrender to the new republic.

Well there is a problem there.
The most highly respected admiral and indeed the one best described as the closest thing to a second to Palpatine was dead. Died with Death Star 1.
The apprentice Vader was also dead.

Tagge took over for Tarkin and was generally more sensible. But he wasn't as widely respected. Vader also killed him. It's unclear who succeeded him.
The Imperial Grand Vizier tried to hold things together but his authority wasn't backed up with any military muscle of his own. Meaning he couldn't do shit about everyone declaring themselves the new Emperor.

The problem was that the Empire wasn't built with succession in mind. Palpatines plan was to cheat death and rule eternally.
So with him and the most obvious and capable potential replacements all dead you had a situation where you had a bunch of Moffs of relatively equal power and standing all eyeing the throne and all with the means to take the throne.
In the middle of a massive civil war.

There is also that element to Operation Cinder. Remember to the sith nothing is more important than removing the jedi.
So removing every trace of Palpatines history covers the tracks of the sith and potentially makes it possible for a new generation of sith to emerge.
Of course it could also be a case of him being determined that the sith order dies with him.

Legacy stuff was a bit of a mess though owing to so many different visions and authors.
Seems Disney wants things more consistent.

Though lets face it Disney are terrible at this sort of thing so it's going to be a trainwreck.

this is true, and the eu handled it rather competently imo. first with palpatine's clones acting as a secret ruler, then with the remnant under isard's leadership.

Dude you miss read the whole thing. They didn't moved the population, they killed it completely off! Only a few choosen moff and admiral/general were spared. The lieutenants and officers loyality were later tetsted by forcing them to carry out the destruction on their own people. And it's not ended there! The final test were the battle of Jakku, where the remaining force of the empire and the new republic clashed. During the fight the worthy people ships got the coordinates to the unkown regions and they literally leaved behind their comrades to die in the battle!

Source: Aftermath books, Nu-Battlefront 2 game and (((nu-canon)))

List of dead/failed wannabe Emperors after Endor:
Ysanne Isard
Sate Pestage
Warlord Zsinj
Carnor Jax
Xandel Carivus
Trioculus
Ederlathh Pallopides
Irek Ismaren
Natasi Daala

So what they shot down evacuating ships and didn't rescue anyone?

Then…where the fuck did the people in the first order come from?
Where did all these first order troops come from?
How the fuck do they sustain them?

You can't build a civilisation using nothing but soldiers.

In the old-EU yes, but in the new it's purpose to erase the empire if the sith fails.

Those people whose ship hitted the ground were doomed.
The books say they kidnapped entry populations and kids from primitive worlds. Yes, i know this sounds retarded.
How the fuck do they sustain them?
Nobody knows. People says the new movie will explain what the fuck is behind the unkown region which whorth to kill everyone.

Wouldn't surprise me if they revealed the Sith Empire was in the unknown region, is the reason for Snoke and allows them to inject EA's cancer into the canon.

I forgot Ennix Devian, Thrawn and Joruus C’baoth. There’s probably a bunch more too.

Looks like Felipe.

But…that's retarded.
Primitives? They couldn't build or sustain the sort of tech level required.
You can't take a iron age goat herder and train him to fix starships. The Saudis can't even train their own people to fix modern aircraft!

The premise is fucking ludicrous.
Fucking Americans.

The Sith species making a comeback would be amazing and hilarious.

Oh not the species, I mean the Sith Empire from the KOTOR series. Was barely any Purebloods left during that time period.

Yeah but the old republic is not canon.
So the sith species could crop up and inadvertently lead to red pills for all.

I mean could you imagine the potential for "The sith did nothing wrong" if they make a comeback and the "good guys" remain totally committed to their extermination?

i find it hilarious that they talk about the use of clone armies yet never enacted it.

so you mean to tell me the first order was kidnapping thousands upon thousands of people and kids and nobody did a fucking thing about it? nobody got curious enough to try and find their homeworld and then recon the acting government?

like, holy shit, i could literally crap out a better backstory than disney's retarded aborted fetus of world-building.

I am pleased that Holla Forums is aware of the Jewish question.
But still the point stands.

In their situation there is literally zero reason to NOT use a clone army. Or a droid army.
And yeah it wouldn't be difficult, my mistake over the specifics of operation cinder would have made a better one.

But he is objectively not an American. I don't understand what place this has in the discussion anyway, unless you are just some eternally butthurt slav. Also stop putting a space after the post number you are replying to, it makes you look stupid.

Phasma is literally from a Mad Max world, user! her book tell us how she jewed out Captain Cardinal and take over the FO stromtrooper training. Which lead to disloyal soldiers like Finn.

The First order is a fucking mess! Hux was abused by his dad, who played major role to slaughter the imperial remants who didn't fitted for Palpatine vision. There are rumors how Phasma, Hux and Kylo removed Rax after they formed a triumvirate But before you would think that was cool because they got rid of the main autist who followed a dead jew sith's order here is a suprise. The same time they sabotaged their own people:
- Phasma removed the good people like Cardinal for her own gain. She didn't really care for the First Order at all, that's why she lowered the shilds on the Strakiller base.
- Hux is a literally an idiot who gain power and position through his father name! If he don't use the Starkiller base main cannon it would have survived the resistance attack since the inner reactor wouldn't be blowed up. Check out snoke face when he got informed about the base destruction. He wasn't angery, but annoyed as fuck.
- And Kylo Ren… well if you saw the movie you know enough about how much of an emotional wreck he is….

So this is the First order. this is the main bad of the new trilogy! This is the space nazis you should fear!

A bunch of incompetent teenagers with backstab-complex!

This is what you get from JJ Abrams! No cool moff vs moff power plays, no various factions, no poltical gameplays, no different imperial visions. Just kids playing from lots of money and manpower which came from gods know fucking where! Currently the FO is the classic Abram's mystery box!

I've done this for years, it's habit.
So no. Also I'm a bong.
While a jew led this whole mess it's yanks who did the legwork.

I would laugh if Abrams got the boot after the second movie tanks. And number three essentially set us up for something much more hilarious and amazing.
Revealing that the first order were nothing more than a proxy for the Sith or something.

Anything.
Fucks sake I could write something better than this. The first order should be dominated by old moffs with old grudges with angry younger junior officers nipping at their heels constantly.

If you want to play limp dick games like that then all of this is your fault for not accepting Hitlers peace terms and dragging us into not one but two world wars.

There's still the trainwreck of Episode IX and Han Solo to live through. We will live long enough to witness Star Wars crash and burn within the span of a decade, and all thanks to a bunch of Jews and the feminist cunt they put in charge of the franchise.

this. if chamberlain hadn't been such a megacuck and had churchill not been shilling his shit, things could have potentially gone for the better.

after all, there was that agreement of relocating jews out of germany that was interrupted due to hitler being forced to invade poland to keep germany from being invaded and from russia invading as well.

there's another spinoff film and a second trilogy on the way after 9 and solo, don't forget that as well. the big rumor wheel is saying this trilogy will explore a timeline before the prequels, possibly kotor era.

jew jew binks isn't doing the second movie, they got an actual good writer/director this time
It's still likely going to be shit purely because of the characters and plot he's been saddled with, but the clone wars managed to make solid gold out of the prequels and even managed to make anakin of all people a pretty good character, so who the fuck knows

So they'll have to write their own script instead of copying Episode IV shot for shot? God help us.

He'll be fired because he will inevitably clash with Kennedy and her godawful decisions.

Nope, he will do the new independ trilogy…

i believe is referring to the last jedi, which is written and directed by rian johnson, who did looper. unfortunately he's still on kathleen kennedy's leash so it will undoubtedly be shit, and he is currently the head guy for this new trilogy. at this moment though he's co-writing episode 9 with jew jew and some other betafag who wrote on lost i think, so expect that to be awful as well.

So long as Kennedy is in charge there is no hope Star Wars will ever be made to appeal to anyone but feminist dykes and leftists. And I fully expect him to get fired over "creative differences". She's already done it twice.

WW2 was essentially the product of Hitler picking a fight with the bankers.
The bankers sided with Churchill when he saw the opportunity to rebuild his reputation after the colossal fuckup that were his actions in WW1. So he promised them war eternal until Germany was broken.
He made the same promise to the left wing parties in parliament.

With the support of the bankers and a written statement of fealty and obedience from the opposition. Churchill was able to take over the Tory party with minimal effort and oust its leader.
Course he promptly got booted out soon as the war was over.
Still a war that should never have happened as it wasn't in our interests to get involved.

By the way, i know this will be shilling, but if you guys want to know what the current fuck is happening in the (((nu-canon))) without giving Disney for a dime, then watch Star Wars Explained on (((jewtube)))! The guy sum up the books and the comics in different 4-5 minutes long episodes without the hour-long ramblings and super autistic theory crafting like the other (((jewtube e-celebs))).

The guy is enough humble to not sound like a big faggot and has some good narrating skills to concentrate on the important things.

By the way you have every right to call me a faggot shill, but if you are bored then give it a try. Shill mode off over, time to hit the shower.

yeah he's pretty good, sadly shilling the jew canon is the only way he can stay relevant and not lose his monetizations. certainly better than that cuck hellogreedo.

This get really funny when you can read his disgust and confusion from his face. During his Battlefront 2 livestream he barely could hold himself back to call the whole Operation Cinder to a bullshit mess. The suffer was real…

Operation Cinder still infuriates me. It's hands down the most pants on head retarded pile of shit I have ever had the displeasure to read about.

THIS. Disney could have easily written their own story involving Jacen and Jaina, and made it canon, and done a bang-up job in the process. Let the EU have it's out there lore, but start bringing it into something more cohesive.

Also, Jaina > Rey

so are there any good star wars games yet?

The future is shit Star Wars games. All the good ones are in the past now, and age will claim those too.

the lego game is fun, but that's because it's the same devs as every modern lego game. ironically i think it does a better job at presenting the material in the force awakens than the film does itself.

SWG you underage faggot.

As other anons said pretty much all the new ones are shit. Your best bet is to play older ones or play Star Wars mods for other games depending on what you're looking for.

I can't believe I argued in favour of it without realising they were literally going full retard

never gets old

I saw this guy sit on a star wars novel panel at a con with like 3 or 4 other people, and he was the least shitty person on the panel.

Never said it wasn't, just said the Nazis and WW2 inspired a lot.

I mean that's all I was saying to begin with.

Unfortunate.

It's not a unique idea, though. In Half-Life 2 the "zombines" are able to use grenades and give still say their Civil Protection jargon.

This shit goes back even further. I don't know if Romero was the guy that first played with the idea, but in Day of the Dead (1985) one major plot point revolves around a scientist research how the zombies retain some of their intelligence and are capable of learning and deduction.

Shit I completely forgot about the Zombines. Too be fair that's the extent of the intelligence they display in game it seems (and it might be more so the combine killing himself rather then the headcrab controlling him), where as in the book the Death Troopers operate X-Wings/Ties and the Star Destroyers tractor beam.

Don't forget that in red harvest, they learned how to use lightsabers and build barricades. Darth Scabrous could also keep all of his intelligence and functions at one hundred percent, though that might have had to do with him being the creator of the disease and master of alchemy.

MTTs did just fine.

Anons, Death Troopers (The Zombies) are canon but they were introduced in the shitty Star Wars Mobile Game Star Wars Commander

the status of canon within the games is incredibly stupid. any story content or technology shit is considered canon, but they really have to feel the need to make a disclaimer that any gameplay shit is non-canon, as if it wasn't obvious from the start.

should have kept the old hierarchy, where games and comics were non-canon unless specified. it really limits what they can do.

FUCK I forgot that they even made mobile games. On the topic of Death Troopers, anyone else liked the Battlefront 2 mod? Does anyone know if they added multiplayer support yet?

there's a death trooper mod for battlefront 2? i wasn't aware of this, i only knew of the models made for gmod.

They were also massive, slow as balls and seemed limited in terms of terrain they could get around.

The Criminal elements of Star Wars are "criminally" underrated. I find The Hut Cartel, the Black Suns, and Bounty Hunters 10 times more interesting then the same civil war shit. It's bad enough the sequel abortion trilogy literally brought back the civil war, the empire, and the fucking death star. But they killed the Zann Consortium, and all the best elements of the criminal space empires.

George Lucas' bullshit is usually worth a laugh. Plus it would've been great for Bobas mythology.

Here is gameplay vid

Don't forget the nuSW gave us pacifist Mandalore followed by Empire-conquered Mandalore

Sometimes user

I just don't know

Sometimes.

the big obstacle for modern gamers is most PC gamers dont have a joystick these days, where it was pretty standard to have one in the 90s.

i would start with TIE Fighter if you like playing Empire or X-Wing Alliance for the rebel side (Alliance has a lot of improvements over X-Wing and the most fleshed out campaign)

Why make Pacifist Mandalorians though Empire Mandalorians are decent

lol, they put the dark trooper on the wampa skeleton.

not the worst i've seen but it needs work.

Battlefront 2 (2005)

Zann Consortium is canon and again introduced from a shite mobile game

Lucas was pretty great at worldbuilding and doesn't get nearly as much credit for it. Star Wars as a setting is incredibly flexible in terms of the kind of stories you can tell. The real tragedy is that Disney had 20 years of ideas, concepts and stories to draw from and yet they decided to throw it all away for no reason.

You can play TIE Figther and the X-Wings games with a gamepad. It's not ideal but it is certainly doable. There's a few guides about it online.

Yeah, it's pretty broken atm because the AI can't into jumping. You can win by jumping onto the generator thing it's only on Tantive IV which kind of sucks

forgot

Fuck you Jews. Fuck you. When the real Holocaust comes around I'll do everything in my power to make sure none of you vermin survive.

To be fair thats the player character which is customisable.

i would really, really recommend getting a cheap joystick for it. a throttle is not necessary and frankly i have one and don't use it while playing them, because it's fun to me to match throttles with my target and switch around to preset thrust levels with keyboard commands

Can confirm. Even a cheap two or three button joystick will do. I always thought it was more immersive to use the keyboard instead of having everything on the joystick anyway. Playing with a gamepad sounds awful.

the controls are also pretty cleverly laid out. the throttle controls are all focused around the top right of the keyboard, the F keys control power distribution etc

The only plus a keyboard has as a control input is the amount of buttons, it is inherently not suited to video game controls otherwise
With other inputs designed to be used for games, at least it's easier to forget it's there

I'm the opposite. I find keyboard to be functional, but a last resort for gaming. When I played the XWing games, I did it with a joystick that had a shitton of buttons and a small throttle wheel. It really made me feel like I was actually piloting something when I wasn't having to constantly move my hands off the joystick and look for the right key on the keyboard.

Typing of the Dead.

Unfortunately we don't live in a world where every PC game is built around the framework of an educational practice tool for typing

You made a statement, I disproved it. Don't start talking about worlds we live in nigga.

Okay
Then typing of the dead is not "video game controls"
It's regular keyboard typing, mapped to a single video game
At most you could say that it is A video game control scheme, singular

Nigga. Also nobody gives a fuck about your arbitrary argument.

Just like an AT-AT, in other words.

Nigga are you saying this is British?

The E-11 is a sterling.

Okay that's a good point.

And the Rebel's blaster rifle was based on the StG44, and Han Solo's blaster is a modified Mauser C96. WW2 surplus weapons were cheap and easy to get back then, and that's why they ended up as Star Wars props.

So… what do you think about this? I keep saying they should write the campaigns in some games.

The Prequels had solid world-building (more original than the OT in fact) and actually a half-way decent over-arching plot, it was mostly dialogue and overuse of CGI that fucked them.

>i would start with TIE Fighter if you like playing Empire or X-Wing Alliance for the rebel side
Alright, I'll give TIE Fighter a look.

Yes and no.
The AT-AT is shown traversing more uneven and difficult terrain.
In theory it would also be a lot better at dealing with slopes too

It seems like everyone always forgets about the Imperial Army and the Army Troopers. Made these last night with Battlekike 2 models, seems like that's really the only thing good with that game.

The ROTJ A280 uses the AR-15 upper, same with the one in Rogue One.

The AT-AT also looks a shitload more intimidating than the MTT, which is what the Empire was going for.
There's also the TX-130 tanks from BF 2 2005 along with the Rebels using a lot of repulsion type tanks in Empire at War, and the new Imperial tank from Rogue one is also.
Just think it's mostly cause the walkers are so iconic now they just keep showing up everywhere.

The best thing I've seen recently was the video of Alex Jones explaining the rise of Palpatine in the prequels. Honestly if George wasn't awful with dialogue and had someone to keep him in line the prequels could've been really good, shame it went to shit cause there's a lot of potential.

the only good star shit game

Thankfully I stopped buying the books when the Vong arc ended, faggots like this need purging for crowbarring that shit into everything.

user the original EU had the Galaxy Gun and the Sun Crusher and Centerpoint station, all of them were OTT as fuck superweapons so this shit is actually par for the course.

All they did was focus on, everybody now: :"Kicking someone's ass with the Force! Wooot!11!" at the expense of absolutely everything else and as a result they were tripe.

Yeh, the prequels with good dialogue would have been one of the few pieces of media with mass appeal that actually had the bollocks to stand against the current globalist narrative (the Republic's failure is a result of the sheer impossibility of governing such a large group of planets: directly applicable to things like the EU).

If the dialog and acting wasn't so shit and Lucas had stuck to his guns and we got darth jar jar, people would remember the prequels in a far different light

This seemed really cool until the door gunners had their ridiculously long conversation that sounded more like a tryhard RP forumpost than actual chatter between soldiers

I actually enjoyed what little of this I played. I think there's a lot of potential in the concept and a modern remake could be fun if handled by a competent developer not that there are any left

I don't like zombies being shoehorned into every fucking IP on the face of the planet

KotOR2 with TSLRP

Darth Jar Jar would have been amazing.
I mean you could either keep the whole buffoonery act and cement some kinda sith drunken master insanity in canon forever.
Or just have the mask suddenly drop in the most jarring character shift ever.
One second he's all clown then suddenly he speaks perfectly and adopts this aloof haughty attitude.

so its 60 km long so if it wants to make a 90 turn to the right. so the distance that the tip would have to make would be 1/4 of Pie * 60 km or 47 KM so if you want to go make that in about a minute your average speed would just be 2827 KMPH or mach 2.289 ish

now i don't expect it to make hair pin turns but being able to rotate and face a threat? if you cant do that then why not just make it a cube or sphere? is there a situation where a number of smaller ships would ever not be more efficient more manageable? no formations nothing? no your going to spend your resources making that monstrosity. i mean fuck the death start wasn't a battle station it was a fuckhuge lazor that they built a battle station around, so at least it had an excuse for being fuck huge.

From what I understand this is primarily a mobile shipyard and drydock facility for other ships.
With a battleship built around it.

At that point the design decisions begin to make some sense.

then make it look like a fucking shipyard/space station not some fucking boomerang

That's the battleship element.
As we don't know its full capabilities or the layout of said capabilities. We don't know why its a boomerang.

But mostly rule of cool

It has to actually be cool to invoke the rule of cool.

as far as the star wars flight sims go, you just need to find a new and more effective placement for your stuff. i played them with the joystick between my legs, and the keyboard off to my left. left hand hovered over backspace/enter/curlicue bracket keys in order to quickly change throttle settings, and W/X for weapon switches/fire rate switches is easy enough to glance at and tap. i think the idea (and part of the reason i so easily got immersed in those games) is that in the middle of a pitched dogfight no pilot is going to be fucking around with power settings for his tractor beams or any other bullshit, it's all going to be about the right throttle settings to get in the killzone and fire the right weapons. when you need to emergency change shield facings, deploy countermeasures, engage SLAM overdrive or whatever, that should be the kind of decision you need to make ahead of time, plan for, wait for your moment, then glance at the keyboard and make it happen

it's also worth mentioning that in star wars canon not that any of the good stuff survived only shitty older craft and fighter craft have exclusively forward-facing weaponry. shit, even the A-wing's cannons were (at least in the books) designed to swivel and the Y-wing had a turret. turbolaser emplacements, ion cannon batteries etc were all designed to swivel and pivot like the cannon on a modern day battleship, so really the field of fire was only limited by how much of the firing craft's structure was in the way

Why are most Star Wars games so good?

Because they're made with love and unlike EA