Golem/Constructs

I feel like these have become less and less relevant unless you need a generic big enemy. Which are your favorite Golem characters, be it as allies , enemies or NPCs? You can also mention creatures made of other maals. I loved the Flesh Golem because its soul was too useful and because it looked nasty, and Aganos' design is neat because of the plants growing on it, reflecting how ancient it is. I really liked how speedy the Golems looked in Yggdra Union, rolling like a small avalanche of rocks.

Playing as an alchemist in ToME with your golem is fun and if you play it right the golem can really wreak shit
inb4 Holla Forums shits up this thread with jew jokes

Disgraceful.

Do automatons count? Being able to kill party members and make metal replacements for them in Ultima 7-2 was cool.

Didn't Guillermo del Toro try to kickstart a Golem game at one point?

That would've been nice.
Do you prefer your Golems all nice and shiny, or full of cracks/mossy and dirty?
Almost humanoid movement, or taking advantage of its body by doing unnatural moves like spinning its upper body in a double Lariat motion?

In Divinity 2 you can collect body parts that are used for a customizable summon that could be described as a small flesh golem.

Some of these technically aren't, but I think it fits the aesthetic you're going for.

I liked that golem from Dragon Age that acted like a strong independent black womyn
Well, I liked killing it.

I don't remember that.

He was a DLC character, if you pirated it you most likely missed it.

I wish I prated it.

Am I the only one who finds golems cute in a way?

They can be goofy and cute, especially if they move in an odd way or take instructions too literally, so it's like herding a 3-ton toddler.
The combination of a golem/construct/automaton and small child is always adorable

Witcher 3 has some cool golems.

Can you name a more based robot-guardian spirit then asgard?

I'm more interested in the golem booty then hers,honestly

What are you, gay?

I swear the first golem I ran into I though i was super under leveled since i had to fight him like 10 mins at a time and die in 3 hits. Thats when I was forced to learn proper dodging. Had bed like fucking spiderman flying around like a maniac dodging his moves. I still to this day don't understand why people shit on the combat so much. its the garbage console movement pulling it back anyway

A golem stealth game could be fun and silly.

Why don't more games have cheap constructs like cloth dolls, minor clay or stone golems (eg 2 ft high) and the like? They don't always need to be immune to magic and able to kill things in one hit

Kinda unrelated but there could be a game where you have to battle giant golem and you have to bring them down with a deconstruction system. Breaking it apart has a real effect on its movement and its not set but responsive to how you break it.

an adamantine golem and helmed horror from NWN1

bone golems and a demonflesh golem from neverwinter nights

And what do you do about the loud stone thuds every time you take a step?

diamond and emerald golems from NWN1

a regular flesh golem and an iron golem from NWN1

a minogon(minotaur golem) and mithral golem, from NWN1

ruby golems and shield golems from NWN1

You gotta check for padded or grassy areas to reduce the noise. Or you could keep distracting enemies by flicking rocks and pebbles everywhere away from your location so they don't hear you while they're scrambling. Walking on wood or metal floors is Noise Town even when you're distracting them. I just find the idea of Golem stealth silly.

Witcher 3's combat is at least better than its predecessors. Also, better than Souls. You actually have to position yourself for backstabs, not zone into the animation. No i-frame abuse.

Its not perfect and is still repetitive and samey, but far better than the shit that was W1's combat.

and the NWN1 stone golem; as for this particular one, NWN1's clay golem and earth elementals were just retextured and recolored versions of this

I remember these guys to be so fucking cool, they had a great model on a game full of great models, plus seeing them later on the wow cinematic alone made me want to play it

All of Warcraft's golems were cool.

stay jewish then

They really nailed its roar, doesn't sound like just a dude or animal roaring.

Anything goes user, post automatons.

Is there any game in which you can make a golem and ride it into battle?

that's exactly this is the point i'm trying to make and exactly why i'll stop posting now and discontinue any further association of myself the superior automaton race with the rest of this inferior, rather banal and unclean motley riff-raff that you seem to be inviting in with such glee

Asheron's Call had tons of golems.

>(((Golems)))
Pretty gay tee bee aich

First one that came to mind for me too.

Pretty good one user

One of the Oblivion mod compilations had some pretty OP golem spells. They're basically reskinned Atronachs but it's satisfying to summon a couple and watch them beat the stuffing out of the enemies. If they count, I also love the Battle Chess rook, and the Thief 3 golem monsters for their cheesiness.

That's basically a mech game.

As much as I hate Lord of Shadows, I have to admit that the titans looked pretty fucking good. shame the game is shit and the fight is something like SotC but without the charm.

They are part of the few creatures that weren't hostile. They just wanted to chill, and they were really noble. I liked them.

Was Talos supposed to be a giant robot? Did Greeks even conceive of such things?

I actually think there might have been a Greek engineer who tried to make a 'robot' with pendulums instead of gears etc.

I wanna fug one of those gold women

I like flesh golems
Basically golems made of human bodies

I'd like to see some rich kike wanting to reveal his solid gold bitch automaton to the world, and when the lights go on, some user is doing a Mating Press on it.

golems are made by jews, funnily enough in folklore they tend to turn on their masters.

m8 it's just a big lump of clay with a talisman in it.

Read the thread past his post, you'll see he was right.

Metal Golem coming to ruin your melee day

Never post again, thank you.

Pics related to thread. Eater of the dead is from Dominions 4. The other one is from Age of Wonders III.

What a qt

In Nethack you can accidentally create a flesh golem when trying to fuse meatballs (generated by casting stone to flesh on otherwise useless rocks) into useful gems. You can then gain control of the golem, throw a cockatrice at it and have a stone golem under your control for the cost of controlling a flesh golem.

Are there any videogame Golems that can attack or kill by hugging? I mean, it would be a horrible way to die for it to put you in its torso and simply crush you under its body.

What do you basically merge bloody snowballs and try to turn it back to stone or something?

How do you handle a cockatrice without dying?

Wild Arms series generally has golems throughout, though whether they're ally or enemy tends to depend on the game. WA5 in particular allows Asgard to be his own combat vehicle, though the player doesn't have much direct control of him during actual combat, as both in gameplay and in-universe he is reliant on AI tweaking and equipped parts and Originals to be effective. Golem battles in both WA5 and ACF also have their own special battle themes as well ("Golem Crash!" and "G's Roar" respectively, both being awesome tracks in already great OSTs).

Also, I suppose it might be up for debate if WA's golems count, being that they're more along the lines of mechs made of stone and steel than animated rock.

More like Goy-lem, amirite?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of the tornado I just conjured upon your ass

That's the exact meaning of the legend, user. A kike manipulates the locals by putting words in their heads and they turn on him by applying them fairly.

Those look like mechs rather than golems.

Wear gloves.