Are there any good crime drama games? Something with a long, interesting case/s?

Are there any good crime drama games? Something with a long, interesting case/s?

Try Jack the Ripper

I think reddit might be more your speed

Shittiest taste.

Murder: Souls Suspect, L.A Noir, every Sherlock Homes.

I only recently realized I like the genre and don't really know any crime shows aside from Breaking Bad and the Wire. Do those show do the CSI and Law and Order thing where the episodes are self contained? Or do they have a decent over arching story?

I was hoping there would be something more modern day, though I'll download the Sherlock Holmes games.

I only played LA Noire of the games listed. I liked the story except the fucking flamethrower and general ending, but the interrogation mechanic seemed really amateur. Are there any better examples of doing it?

Max Payne, though not sure if it fits what you're looking for.

If only those games weren't hell and back again to get working properly on a new computer.

Max Payne 1 is very easy to fix, you just download and replace a file in the installation root and presto! It works just fine.

Hotel Dusk and Last Window spring to mind although they are not as serious/dark as the shows mentioned here. You could also try another, also by cing, which is about a serial killer).
If you're willing to look into sc-fi(not star treky or anything though, has more of a cowboy bebop vibe really) check out gemini rue.

Sleeping Dogs fits the bill for what you want. It's a cool, Kung fu crime drama, though the story is typical gangster bullshit, so nothing particularly interesting. Still got cool characters and a setting you don't see to much.

What were they thinking?

Try Sinking Island.
It's an old-style adventure game based around investigating and solving a murder case on an island.
Long, interesting story. Each chapter has to be completed by assembling the collected evidence and reaching the correct conclusion (only real problem is the correct conclusion is not always obvious).

To be fair, they'd have to ramp up the graphics quite a bit to sell their stuff on another platform than handhelds. And since it's definitely niche content, maybe they didn't find it easy to gather funds for that or were willing to take the risk. And I'm pretty sure the Wii game sold even worse than the handheld stuff(though arguably for different reasons than choice of plattform alone). I'd have loved to see a full fletched console or pc game by cing with a somewhat mature setting like hotel dusk.

Think 'The Wire', but actually good. Start with Southland.

San Andreas
I don'tthink there's any good cop games.

Been on my backlog for years

Looks really nice visually

Cool, I'm excited to give them a watch then. I'll download them when I get home.

Normalfaggiest of all normalfags.

I definitely am when it comes to live action tv shows, but I haven't watched many and the Wire is right on the edge of being to pozzed for me to even finish, that's why I'm excited to hear there's better crime dramas than these two.

I do love breaking bad up to the end of season 4 though, can't help that.

the only one i thoroughly enjoyed was Manhunt (I have a knack for picking games that put you in the shoes of the asshole) but I really don't think it qualifies. I thought about picking up the Max Payne series when I was still partly a consolefag but it just seemed like a streamlined, story oriented GTA for my taste.

Go watch End of Watch while you're at it. It's probably the only good "buddy cop" movie, and it's heavily grounded in reality.

geez, that also looks really good. Will do, thanks.

The Wire is the patrician's choice you colossal faggot.

Pick one and only one. It's a 7.5/10 show with some serious pacing issues. Oz is basically better in every way, and features a bunch of the same actors if you want an example of a truly top-tier HBO show that is pure normalfag repellent due to the subject matter.

Every tv show is normalfag by definition.

It's a male soap opera through and through. Most overrated show on HBO.

You better delete this right now.

Not to mention a soap opera with gay sex.

All I remember from the show was the Italian guy getting fucked in his pale smooth ass, by a tall black guy, and neo-nazi, whatever floats your boat, I guess.