Nioh thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Nial/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking japs ripping off good western games again, lame asian DS ripoff

This bait has already been done, as an earlier OP no less.

Just uninstalled this shit after losing like 30k of those points you get after killing an enemy. How was I supposed to know you lose all of those when you die twice before getting that animal thing back? Why isn't the game telling you such an important thing? And don't give me "git gud" or "haha, you want handholding". The game is infested with tutorials for every shit, but not the most important thing.

And that it's a Souls clone doesn't matter. You can't just lazily stand on the shoulders of the ones that came before (or the ones you steal from) and even be so shameless and hope everyone is aware anyway.

Of course that the combat is fucking shit and there isn't even a parry mechanic (probably because I'm only five hours in, but whatever came next wouldn't make up for five boring hours), that you always fight the same enemy and that the Souls gameplay in general is just boring and repetitive as fuck doesn't really help.

what were they thinking?

30k quickly becomes nothing as you progress through the game. Besides, the gear is much more important than the character levels.

I kept telling myself that to cope, but I believe it was even a bit more and it's still a lot in the beginning and just literally the only reward you have in this kind of shit games where you repetitively dodge and slash your way through boring levels. Let's not kid ourselves.

I didn't realize that video game journalists posted on this board.

He knows there is so he even added this bit so he could save face.

"Haha, let us spit on your life time you spent on grinding this and the cumulative gratification you hoped for" is retarded game design in general. Why isn't it enough that we get killed and sometimes have to do half the level again? Why do this on top of it?

Why does Team Ninja even do this boring, shitty circle-strafing gameplay when they are used to making fucking Ninja Gaiden?

>Have to fight Nobunaga and the ice bitch at the same time
Jesus

It's still the odachi but I have been practicing my parries with the sword and that's fun too
theme wise? Ice lady, I dont really remember many other fights, I liked the one against Pepe even if the hitbox of his spear it's utter bulshit special mention to the we waz kangs fight lol
… there are different maps on this game?

yeah that's something that got me scratching my head too

I'm not having any issues.

Herro, the port has some obvious issues sure, but those are easy to avoid for the average user
Would play it with a controller either way
I don't have an ulta wide monitor
I don't have a 120/144hz monitor
Other than that it's running great and you're trying too hard to sound smart by simply shitting on anything without knowledge.

Git gud.

git gud

First I've heard of it tbh. The fact I have to close steam in order to relaunch the game because it never closes properly is kind of a pain in the ass but I haven't heard anyone complain about crashing.

PCfags are a fucking blight.

It's true.

PC has a much lower price entry ceiling, since you can pirate games for free you get a bunch of 3rd-world shitskins and underage faggots on the platform where they wouldn't be able to afford a console and/or games.

It's the Manny Pardo of soulsclones

PC gamers seem to be competent in almost every genre except the RPG genre, I have a friend who plays Dark Souls 2 who is pretty damn good at Shooters but was absolute trash when this game first came out, it took him a actual day to get through the Gutter, no fucking joke.

The only complaint I can think of being valid in that picture is the snek boss, it's kind of a gamble on whether or not you figure out you need to burn the fucking windmill to get rid of the poison.

I've only ever seen PC-only gamers show competence at FPS and RTS. Everything else is a crapshoot.

Has no one bothered to make any article/faq about what the icons do?
The game has been out for half a year now.

Better not shame them too much or the herd will return to consoles.

Lol capped

If an someone wanted to make a graph I'm sure a lot of anons here could help make it. I don't know all of them but I know a decent amount of the status effects from playing.

We have such sights to show you.

PS4 bros and PC users have been getting along fantastically in these threads and it saddens me so many fell for this outright lie.

Go back to halfchan you cuckstain

No

R-rude!

I keep on seeing people mention this, does it occur after the cutscene or once you enter the boss room? Has KT mentioned if they are trying to work on a patch? It sounds like the crash makes hundred eyes into the final boss he was supposed to be, because he is pretty much the easiest part of the mission normally.

I went at it four times, it crashes before and after entering the boss room, but always very quickly, like I don't have the time to get a hit in.

IMPORTANT REMINDER
You can go back and save after the 3 Kelleys before you move on to Hundred Eyes.

Do you have shadows set to high?

Is this the steam copy or a pirated one?

The girl who gives you the lightning sword is much more qt, as is the rude bunnygirl who just shows up and calls you a drunk and then peaces out.

Steam copy.

Yeah, first order of business after beating three kelleys for a second time was to travel talisman. But the crash is consistent.

In the last few threads someone reported that the game stopped crashing for them when they used the pirated version.
You could try that.

That might be the Steam overlay
Disable it

The screenshot is literally from cuckchan you mong

The thing is, I never had any problem with this boss on way of the samurai. It just suddenly decided to fuck my shit up on WotStrong. Graphics settings don't matter shit, too. So you're saying I have to wait to pirate it and transfer saves? This is bullshit.

Blacksmith is best human girl with Lady Ginchiyo a very close second.

Holy shit

You could make a report on the steam forums and wait for a fix if its not already reported.
KT usually responds and patches their games accordingly but that will take time.

But her head is half skull, user. Are you a skeleton in disguise?

Odachi, currently running a 1357 atk one, wish they had better skills though
Spider slut
Bathhouse

On a side note I really wish the game would stop crashing. I want to play more but I'm getting burned out on having to replay the level 4+ times because it crashes so often.

No need for skills if the default moveset is that great

I'm wondering what would cause all these crashes on the steam version that doesn't happen on the PS4 or a pirated version.

She just got a metal spark in her eye when she was younger. Who knows she might even have an amrita eye like Date does.

probably a combination of the online stuff and the DRM.

Just a reminder: To import your save from a pirate copy simply use a hex editor to replace the first 3 lines of code in the save with those same lines from a valid copy.

Also, if you are experiencing excessive crashes (such as on the mission "the queen's eyes", which is known for crashing frequently near the boss for some players), playing that mission in a pirate version of the game might get around the crashes.

not an argument

There's one Odachi that comes with a 'heal when amrita is absorbed' stat. That one is great.

I was quoting this exact thread, you fucking mong.

Yeah. It's true. It's from cuckchan, posted April of 2014.

Fucking tard.

Just noticed this coversation. Yeah this is what I'm talking about here

For me the game ran flawlessly up until that fight on Way of the Demon. I managed to get through WotD by rushing the boss without ever resting or dying on the level (advice from some random reddit post I think). On WotW however even that didn't work and the fight still crashed, which is where I came up with the idea of importing my save back into the pirate copy that I started with. I should mention that I've been experiencing somewhat regular crashes (about once every 1-2 hours) ever since I finished WotD, but never before. The pirate copy got me through both WotW and WotN with no trouble.

If you do decide to try this method, here's a picture of the lines you have to copy FROM the "valid" save (for whichever version you want to play in) TO the save that you want to import.

The crash can occur on the stairs to the boss (before the cutscene), almost immediately when the fight starts, or even 30 seconds into the fight.

can you transfer your saves from the pirated copy to a real one?

The Gas Oven
The fucking price tag.
NSDAP HQ.

Works both ways, just copy the first 3 lines from the save that works into the save that doesn't.

The fact that I only started getting regular crashes after I forced my way past Hundred Eyes leads me to believe that the game has somehow accumulated "junk" data from my original attempts.

It might not even be a pirate/steam issue. The reason importing the save works might simply be because the pirate copy is a "fresh" copy that hasn't yet had the chance to accumulate the same crap. I already tried reinstalling the game and disabling steam overlay, neither of which did anything at all to help my issue. If there is some kind of accumulation it's somewhere outside of the game folder and yet it's somewhere that isn't shared by a separate (coexisting) install of the game. Maybe in some kind of cache file?

That would be shared between the two copies
You could test it yourself if you want to.

I was going to say from the descriptions it sounded like maybe it was a memory leak or garbage collection issue.
Does it only happen if you fall to Kelleys or Hundred Eyes a few times? Does completely exiting and re doing the stage help?

Exiting and redoing the stage was the only way that I was able to pass it in WotD. Clearing the stage without dying and without using any shrines seems to make it less likely to crash, though when I did that on WotW it did still crash. If the game crashes on Hundred Eyes and you return to the shrine to try again it will pretty much always crash from that point forward. If you die to hundred eyes (no crash) it seems very likely to crash the second attempt.

Backing up the save file before attempting Hundred Eyes does nothing. Even if it works the first time and you die instead of crashing, then you restore the pre-attempt save and try again, the game will always crash.

Also you'll be better off reporting your findings in a Steam forum thread if you bought the game. Might even help KT fix the port.

Call Golden Palace, they might know.

It's much more likely to get my steam account banned for mentioning piracy, and KT is unlikely to do anything at all regardless, but I have actually mentioned it in a couple of places.

So, going full screen bypassed the hundred eyes crash for me.I unlocked way of the demon even though I didn't complete every mission on WotStrong, can I strill forge items beyond 150 ?

I tried fullscreen myself, it didn't work. Most likely you just got lucky, did you start the stage over?

As for unlocking, forging level is based off the highest level mission you have completed. If you want to forge past 150 you should beat a mission in WotD. I like to start with The Red Oni of the Ii (1v1 fight against the spear guy in red demon armor). He's pretty easy to knockdown with Kusarigama Serpant Strike>Foot Sweep, so I could kill him with pretty much any gear level, and he's in the 3rd region, meaning he's one of the highest level missions available at the start of the difficulty.

About clearing difficulties: You only need to complete 17 missions + The Queen's Eyes to move on. You'll see the progress bar on the region select menu filling up each time you do a mission, each segment on the bar represents the next region unlock. Completing the ENTIRE progress bar will unlock all regions for the NEXT difficulty, so you would only need to complete Queen's Eyes and not any other missions if you did that.

>>>/cuckchan/

Do dojo missions count toward progress, I can't remember?

They are region independent so probably not

Never tried, except for the 2 tutorial missions the unlock requirements for dojo missions are difficult

Are spears and axes fun? I've been doing great with odachis, but the moveset seems kinda simple.

Why don't you give them a try and find out?
oh boy you don't even know

If I complete a mission but missed one of those funny green gnomes, can I just hop back in and find him and then use the branch fragment to exit? Or do I have to re-complete the entire mission?
Also:
But whyyyyyyy?

I fucking love axes, and spears were my crutch when I was having trouble with draculette. For axes, treat them somewhat like GS in monhun if you've played that - time your heavy swings for where the enemy WILL be, not where it is.
If you don't already, unlock the passives that let you ki-pulse by dodging. It will save your fucking life.

yeah

I like axes because they have a mystic art that lets you do extra damage when you are standing in dark energy and because they have self buffs.
I like spears because they have that helicopter slam when you are in LW mode.

Speaking of, does anyone know which of the mystic arts apply to other weapons? I've heard that the 2kat MAs are 2kat only. Is this the same for others that don't specify it in the description?

I think all mystic arts only apply to their own weapon. This isn't true of other passives unless it specifically states so.
I've heard conflicting things about the Iai buffs.

Not an argument.

Also the self buff skills apply across all weapons so you can keep an axe or a kama as you secondary weapon purely for access to a buff for you main weapon.

Are there more bosses in co-op or is that from the higher difficulties?

co-op summons an additional boss for that stage

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Sage for off-topic, but I think someone's upset.

Reported for ban evading and console war shittery
;)

What I really love about Nioh is how all of the outrageous looking armor is actually more or less historically accurate.

The japs have always been fucking weird.

To be fair, there were also European helmets with weird as fuck shit, like the one with the mermaid crest on top, or the one that looked like a maiden in a ballroom gown, or the one with the fake spectacles and the exaggerated grimace. And the one in this picture I don't even know how to describe.

And that's really not even the strangest shit they've done. I'm almost certain there's a penis helmet out there somewhere.

And don't forget the Hussars.

Riding helm of Henry VIII best helmt

It's in the game.

No fucking way.

It be

What other western stuff is in the game? God damn, that's fucking sweet.

I liked this game for the most part but the story was kind of lame and the whole mission aspect made the game feel separated. Also the fact that you get so many items and can make the best materials early with the soul forging means that unless you limit yourself you're gonna be op really quickly. It's nice to see a better version of Ninja Gaiden though albeit with easier bosses, after how many years. The only problem is the PC version is a fucking shitty Xbox port and I had to use a controller.

Someone post that fucking webm similar to this
I keep losing that fucking thing

here

Thank you absed user

Worth noting, in the Abyss every stage gets an extra boss per coop partner. You can have 2 visitors at a time there, so that's 3 bosses per level. That also means 3x the drops for everyone, which is especially nice if you are trying to farm droplets of corruption to try and defile your gear.

Are there any more England boards in the game other than the tutorial in Tower of London? I want to farm that full plate helm from the tower guards.

You go back at the end of the base game.

Alright, works for me. I have a feeling I'll be doing a few runs through this game unless it just suddenly gets stale somewhere in the middle like Toukiden 2 did.

You can actually get smithing texts for both of the European armor sets by completing the first 6 regions in WotW and the weapon texts from the abyss from Hanzo.

It goes up to NG+4, with higher level cap and gear locked behind each NG. So I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

I haven't gotten them. Do you need to complete all missions?

Yes. Just unlocking the next difficulty won't give it to you. In fact there's a reward for completing all of the first 6 missions for every difficulty level. I think the dojo missions are required too but I'm not certain.

Pretty sure you can only do dojo missions in Samurai.

You can do the dojo missions on any difficulty, you just need to finish all the missions in a region for it to unlock.

>just beat nobunaga and kelly
Is this DLC or is the game really this long? I'm at 55 hours already. Not complaining though.

(you)

You only just started the DLC. The DLC is actually kind of short. It's 3 regions and each one is a bit smaller than average except maybe the last. However, it's also hard as fuck.

Sorry for not answering earlier, went to sleep. No, I did not restart the mission. I put graphics on very low (didn't work) then tried fullscreen (it did). I had saved at a shrine.

I still think you just got lucky. I tried swapping to fullscreen and it did nothing for me

Well, I did get lucky in that it worked, but it wasn't an unrelated lucky accident because I actually kind of sucked at the fight. After it stopped crashing, I had to make four attempts and it didn't crash in any of these. I guess this crash has no consistent fix across machines. It's worth noting I have steam overlay disabled since it fixed an occasional crash on kill. I hope you can find the right cocktail of parameters to fix the crash on your rig.

Well this is a nice find

JESUS

Yasakani Magatama is pretty much essential to any build, but it's not that rare and the set reqs down is guaranteed

This thing on the other hand, I don't even know what to say about this.

Nice.

That's out-fucking-standing.

I've completely and irreversibly broken this game, haven't I?

Your first one is always a wonderful occasion. It completely changes how you make builds.

I've been wondering, does the "set bonus requirement down by one" on other accessories stack with the one on the Yasakani? I'm guessing they don't because 2 Yasakani can't stack but still I'd like to know for sure.

Don't worry, sloth talisman becomes gradually weaker as you progress. Some enemies it's great against, some it's duration is less than its cast time.

Nope. I thought the same thing and tried it.

Only until NG+ and beyond. btw you can get that spear.

speaking of sloth

what Is better, extend duration or decrease cast time? I'm finding both to be about as good as each other in different situations

I hit someone for 9000+ in a single toss of storm shuriken. The sloth talisman only mean I didn't need to dodge the one attack he would get a chance to use.

If attack talismans are the only thing you are worried about I'd probably get the duration increase. If you use any buffs the cast time is WAY better. You should definitely be using buffs.

Duration increase is sadly fucking trash compared to the other one for two reasons.

I always go for decreased cast time but then again I play as an offensive mage.
Really the best way of keeping sloth on an opponent for an extended amount of time is makibishi.

Now ninjutsu mystic arts are a different story. Either can be very useful depending on your setup and play style.

Don't makibishi inflict a weaker version of sloth though?

That only slows movement, not action speed, it's a completely different debuff

it's worth mentioning that no matter what you do, debuffs become horrible later on in WOTN because of that defense buff it gives enemies

I just did WotN and never noticed any defense buff when I used any debuff talisman. They just had fuckloads of defense to begin with so I needed to use the defense reduction talisman just to do reasonable damage.

Does anyone have a list of starred equipment effects? I'd like to know what to look for forging

it's on twilight missions mainly, it makes you do less with a defense reduction than otherwise, it's pretty dumb

Do weapons that are in Slot 2 but not currently being used count towards Set Bonus?

Did both twilight missions on WotN today too. They were Umi-Bozu and Onryoki. I'm not entirely sure if Weakness Talsiman was helping on Umi-Bozu, but I know it helped on Onriyoki and sloth didn't hurt either.

yes

Weapons in slot 2 (both ranged and melee) grant no stat bonuses AFAIK, but they do still activate sets. They would have to, seeing as there are several 7-piece sets with 2 melee weapons.

I don't even think you can count onriyoki as a boss, that guy is just a normal enemy

I exaggerate, but I do appreciate Nioh portrays the different factions as being honorable in their own right.

You aren't fighting for the villains. Sanada is being used by the queen bitch. Honorable or not his side is clearly fucked, and that's before you consider the Amrita subplot that drives the main character. Besides, you end up teaming up with Sanada in the end against the bitch who apparently he's in love with or something while she just wants to watch the world burn.

It's really good at that, especially when it gives you flashbacks for all the characters, and that cutscene they gave mitsunari at the end.

William just doing whatever because he wants to suck Hanzos pecker

Yes, the blame is largely shifted to the foreigners, which is a good decision, honestly.

A big part of it in the DLC is on the spanish bitch, but I was actually referring to Yodogimi aka Chacha.

That's good news, thanks.
This game's gear didn't look that great for meaningful builds early on, but as the game opens up I keep seeing more and more potential for some really good times ahead.

That was all very unexpected. Right in a row, unexpected to the max.

What's the deal with this guy? From the two and a half seconds I got to look at him, I'm guessing the first two steps are Dont Get Hit and Hit It With Fire. Anything deeper than that going on?

No that's pretty much it. He starts far away but goes to the side, rather easy to dodge but he's tanky. His one-hit kill water beam attack leaves him vulnerable for a short while. At 33% health he comes into the arena and he's pretty aggressive then, make sure to living weapon while dodging his hits so it doesn't deplete right away. Hyottoko masks are extremely effective against him so they're a good last measure if you don't run out of them.

thats about it really untill the second phase that is basically dont get hit and hit with fire
you can use the fires to light your weapon up but the fires also kill the blobs he spawns so I never bothered

I just used fire items and bombs on him and he dies easy as shit

Just gave it a second try, and you guys are right on the money. I made it to the phase where he enters the arena without getting hit, but then I fumbled around like an idiot trying to get to a better position and his little aoe water splash one-shotted me.
I should probably start putting points into body eventually.

Body is a trap. Don't fall for it. Only get enough to equip whatever armor increases your damage.

Is the enemy variety as bad as people say?

There is variety, the problem is more than all types of enemies are reused in all areas so it's all a blur.

You can either hit the glowing spots on the tentacles for damage, which is what the game seems to intend for you to do, or alternatively do what I found works also and hug the body and attack constantly. You do less damage, sure, but its a constant stream and he doesn't block or dodge so nothing gets in the way of your comboing except for the occasional, easily dodged projectile. Hugging the body also puts you in a good position to strike at the core when he does the water jet, you can hug the edges of the core and strike it for massive damage even when the jet comes out. I had more trouble with the second phase of the fight than I did with the first, probably because I tried the same strat and got baited into some nasty counterattacks.

its not that there isn't a variety of enemies to face, there is, you just will be facing yoki and skeletons more than anything else except for flavor-of-the-level mooks like lesser umi-bozu.

Jesus christ, I only keep scraping by because I'm an asshole ninja, but I can't take all these revenants and we wuz AND oda.

I just threw flame shurikens and iga bombs at it. It died before I hit zero ammo.

Ah, I see you're a man of exquisite taste as well.

Well just finished the base game, it was fun Nobunanga pulling a "no fuck you Kelley" made me laugh guess I'll start the DLC tomorrow hopefully I can start getting some interesting divine weapons (or at least something that I like to use, no divine odachi drop from kelley wtf m8)

Well I didn't put any points into being a pussy my first time around so I just manned up and hit it with my flaming sword until it died.

I hugged the body until it fired its waser, then used a guardian talisman to summon firedog. Did that three times and he jumped into the arena. Three hyottoko masks later and he was dead. It was more a battle of patience than anything else, like you and the other anons said.

This is more of a general hint, but if you ever see yokai develop a greyish haze around one of their body parts make sure you get ready to dodge as it is going to be using some kind of grapple or attack.

Dear god, there so many icons I don't understand. What do the red swords that appear on items with a number by them mean? I could swear those weren't there when I played this several months ago.

You mean like pic related? Those are PvP abilities for weapons I believe, I've only seen them when I've used the anima stones for reforging.

(checked)
She easy as fuck. Would cuddle.

I'm talking about usable items. They appear towards the top right, just below item count and limit. They have a number by them. No idea what it means.

What does this have to do with being casual?

If you want her to be more challenging then try fighting her without collecting hiragumo fragments.

Sword, odachi as a close second

Hino enma has a special place in my heart for killing me over 30 times in my first playthrough before I got good

Honnouji temple, wish it got used for more side missions that weren't just gauntlets of enemies or bosses.

After I lost my first save file, I had replayed through up to the Sekigahara region on Way of the Demon before putting the game aside, but now that's it out on PC and everyone's talking about it, it's got me in the mood to keep going.

The fragments only remove her leg armor. Its pointless if you're gonna attack her glowing yellow sack anyway

Someone with the PC version should take screenshots of all the icons with no explanation that exist.

I was around lvl150 when I was doing lvl250-300 missions in NG+. The gap would just keep increasing if I could just fucking get past triple Kelley. I stopped playing for a several months after beating NG and now I can't get back into the rhythm. I don't know how I beat these fuckers in NG.

Oh, that's a similar marker. It is the amount of that item you can bring to a PvP match.

Took me many fucking tries and at the end I just alt F4'd with each defeat to save on summoner candles. But basically you want :
At that point you want to focus on dodging, two kelleys are sorta manageable to dodge and punish. There's a safe spot of sorts left to the entrance, you can't hide forever but sometimes one of them will get stuck running against another tank. Gives just enough time to consume soulstones you have on shortcut to get another LW.
No matter what you do, DON'T go straight to Hundred eyes after this. Return to the shrine.

Quick question: what does it mean when yokai have a flashing red stamina bar?
I can't seem to perform any special finishing moves on them, especially the bosses. Do they just take extra damage or what?

Start hitting them with low stance and find out.

reduces their "poise" by a lot allowing you to stunlock them. One of the reasons why instant cast is better than longer duration. Ki depletion allows even the Odachi to inflict status effects.

To add on to what said, this is the time to go CURAZY and do endless combos with stance switch/weapon switch ki pulses because as long as you're fast enough they'll never recover.

This reminds me. How vulnerable are bosses to paralysis?

when the fuck do you get a second spirit

Less than three hours in IIRC
are you just taking a long time doing missions?

Finish the main game, it unlocks in NG+.

when exactly in ng+? I beat the game the other night and am doing some of the side missions now. currently getting my ass kicked because of all the brutal 2v1's they're throwing at me.

Well, I thought it was right after unlocking NG+, since it comes with the ability to enhance your guardian spirit and it was definitely early on.
Or maybe it's by starting the DLC now that I think about it.

go to the abyss, should unlock there

Same shit happened to me with the dual swords parry skill
Since that moment I've been running axe + 2kat for everything.

I did not know they did anything at all. Removing her leg armor is pointless though as far as I can tell, it only deflects low stance attacks and it doesn't actually prevent the damage from going through.

I have a much better cheese strat for the 3 kellys. Kill the two Oni preemptively as normal, then try and kite the kellys one at a time into the corner between to the oni tanks and the closed gate. Kelly has a really stupid running animation that forces him to go in a straight line permanently until he reaches you, meaning it can get stuck on any kind of geometry. Going into this corner means the other two kellys are likely to get stuck on the way.

To kill the single kelly I just wail on him with my kusarigama low-stance quick attacks. I have "parry disabled" on my gama, so this just locks him into a blocking animation until I break his key, knock him down and final blow. Kelly has an extremely low parry value so breaking his ki only takes like 2 combos even on WotN

So I've been playing through this rather casually as a sword build and barely doing any ninja or mage stuff, except for the Way of the whatever Quests in the dojo.
Been having a hard time so far, and I'd like to git gud and crazy.

Are there any stats I should ignore, and what are good spells?
I've only ever used the fire weapon buff and fire shot, along with anti toxin and anti paralysis pills. Didn't see much use in the ninjastars shit.

When do I get mystic arts? I unlocked all other skills.

Mystic arts are unlocked after doing the last dojo missions. Each weapon type unlocks it when you hit 50 or 500K proficiency, not sure which. Onmyo and Ninjutsu unlock at 20 magic and dexterity respectively.

The mystic art missions unlock in I think the 5th region. You need to get that far first before you worry about the 20 stat/500k prof

;_;

There's always apotheon, but I can't in good conscience say it's like Nioh.

Oh shit, I never put that together. I've just been learning to identify their movements based on the first few startup frames of their attack animations.
Thanks, user, this will definitely lower my tension levels, especially since I've been seeing more and more of those giant long-tongue guys lately. Getting hit is pretty much an insta-death in all situations with those guys. Only the first one I encountered actually managed to hit me and kill me, but their attacks come out so fast and they're so aggressive that I'm always white-knuckling every fight with them. Although I kind of love them because of how stressful they are for me.

yeah they were a bit hard for me until I realized that blocking the tongue costs almost no ki, so you don't have to dodge all the time

Just like Living Weapon, I always forget that blocking exists. I've barely used either outside of the dojo tutorials. Are all weapons equally viable for blocking, or are there specific blocking weapons like maybe tonfa?
Also, when does Living Weapon become viable? Is there a particular Spirit Bond level I need to work towards? The few times I've tried it against some of the earlier bosses, I was lucky to get a single swing before it ended.

Higher Parry value, and more importantly higher toughness on armor affects your blocking.

Toughness serves two purposes, to reduce the ki you use while blocking and to prevent hits from stunning you (like Poise in dark souls). The poise cap is at 200 toughness, which you can see because the color of the number changes. I don't think the guard ki reduction has a cap at all.

Blocking is pretty useful no matter what weapon you're using. Don't block too much in high stance though, that will eat through your Ki.
Don't get hit when you're using it. While you are invincible when its happening, getting hit reduces the time on it by a lot.

What is this piece of poorly encoded shit?
I know the objective is "muh combos" but thats still fucking easy as shit to do and not viable unless you want to get bored to tears
What a truly awful video

Ah, gotcha. I doubt it would work for the way I build, then. I go for the absolute minimum equipment weight and the only status I look for are Luck and Item Drop.
In all games with loot farming, I only build for looting until I get to end game where stable builds start to exist.
I've tried heavier builds with lots of toughness and defense, but I've never really felt it affect anything and I hated how slow I moved.
I've always been twitch-dodge focused in action games anyway, so maybe I'll be fine. If there are enemies down the line where dodging is absolutely not viable, I will buckle down and learn to block.

Are you fucking kidding me? I bet the tutorial even said that and I just glossed over it. I thought the point of living weapon was so that you could just be invincible and face-mash on enemies without worry for ~10 seconds.
I will start to learn to use it properly now, rather than wasting it like a retard. Thanks anons.

Just run 200 toughness and enough stamina to get your Agility rating to B. A rating just isn't worth it.

Well, it reduces your worries certainly, but you still have to dodge the really nasty strikes. Although you haven't experienced true frustration until you pop living weapon only to get immediately grabbed.

Attacks you're supposed to block instead of dodge typically do little Ki damage so you won't have to build for it. If you want to be dodgeman I suggest getting bonuses on your weapon for low stance since that's dodge city.

I know WHY you like light armor. In most games, Heavy armor only helps you if you get hit. If you can block/dodge everything then armor doesn't matter at all. Here, Armor improves your ability to block things, which is a huge difference over most games

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to start keeping an eye out for blocking stats on gear. I'll start with some parrying and try to ease myself into the habit of using the block button, too.

Also worth noting is that there's a clear delay between getting hit and being able to dodge, so dodging away from a chain of attacks is simply not viable sometimes. The game expects you to block, which sucks when you're accustomed to dork souls which has the opposite philosophy.

Try blocking Nekomatas eye beams

Well, not everything obviously. I meant it more in the sense the combat is built around you using block rather than it being a crutch.

Starting to pay more attention to equipment stats now, and I have a question about this right here.
The tooltip says "Your ki will never completely run out, even if an enemy attack reduces your Ki to zero." So how does "never" and 24% combine here?
Is it "when ki hits zero you have a 24% chance to not do the out-of-breath animation", or is it "your ki will never drop below 24% no matter what"?

24% chance to proc. 76% of the time you'll go out of Ki.

There is a 24% chance of that effect proccing

Reduced element damage while guarding maybe?

Alright, that makes sense.

Its physical damage and it can't be blocked.

While you're at it, a protip: Defensive multiplier is mostly useless. You're not going to notice a difference at your levels unless you dump it entirely. Shit that's going to two-shot you is going to two-shot you whether you have 50 defense, or 350 defense. It's not until you can get into the near thousands does it ever become relevant. Don't run around entirely naked, but the defense you get from light armor will do you about as much good as heavy armor of the same level.
Toughness and weight are the only base values that matter much. You can pretty easily cobble together armor that will put you at 200 toughness and keep your agility at rank B. You can wear lighter armor if you want to get agility rank A, but never go below 100 toughness if you can avoid it. Getting staggered is killer.

you can cancel stagger into block and then cancel that into a dodge or attack

Defense matters if you stack it with high damage reduction.

But that does mean you can't just ignore the hit like you could with more toughness. It's the difference between finishing something off with a good combo, and having to run around because something was poking you in the side for piddly damage preventing you from getting your attacks off. It also affects your ability to block and how much ki damage you take from blocks. 200 toughness is still ideal.

Really though whether you want to go with A agility and 100+ toughness and B agility with 200+ is up to preference. I've been running around with option 1 a lot lately after running option 2 for a while, but I don't notice the difference in agility as much as the difference in toughness. There's definitely a difference though. I still stand by my "don't go below 100 toughness" claim; I'd probably just add "don't drop below B rank agility" as well.

As far as I cold tell, it's the damage reduction that counts and not the defensive multiplier. And even then, I said it only becomes relevant when you can stack it sky-high.

At agility A you have almost as many invincibility frames on low stance dodge as you have unsafe ones if not more and you can cancel some of those unsafe frames into another dodge.
Its kind of absurd tbh.

Both matter. Defense is flat-ish reduction AFTER percent reduction, so they stack together exponentially. Body/health is also really good with high def/reduction.

Just picked this up for ps4 with the season pass, planning on starting it up over the weekend.
I'm a sucker for iaijutsu so I want to go single katana, but what would be a good side weapon? I was thinking spear for the sheer reach of it.
Also, any other tips for someone starting out fairly blind?

Odachi also has an Iai attack.
Before committing your samurai points to a weapon give all the weapons a try to see which moveset you like. Then take a look at the weapon's abilities to see if you want to use them or not.
it doesn't really matter as you can respec for 1 million dosh at most

I hear what you're saying. Right now, my problem is that almost everything bigger than trash either one-shots me or brings me to critical. That's not a problem for most things, since I just git gud and then they almost never hit me ever again.
My current struggle is in the second region where you have to fight some kind of bird man that stole a dude's sword or something. It's in the same arena where you fight the giant laser pudding.
That fucking bird hits so god damn hard, there's not a single attack I can withstand. Just gotta beat him without getting hit, and I've gotten close now on attempt 5 and then I dodged into the ocean like a fucking idiot
I don't really see any of the armor in my collection doing much to mitigate this kind of damage, and all of the dangerous attacks can't be blocked without destroying my ki (though I only have 130 toughness).

I'm not complaining though. This is kind of like fighting Tigrex for the first time all over again: wait for an opening, swing once, don't get greedy, dodge back out of range, wait for another opening, don't fuck up even once or it's game over.
My only minor gripe is that I wish I knew how to reliably stagger things in this game. I'm using an axe with +break and +(stance)break chance and most things just act like I swung a dry towel at them. Fushigi as fuck.

Are you blocking in mid stance?
The only attack of his you might need to block is the staff swipe.
If you have poison shurikens you can use those. A sloth talisman trivializes it just like anything else.
What weapon are you using?

6th time was the charm. He somehow dropped his stamina down to red after 5 minutes of me mostly just dodging, and then he immediately went down like a bitch since red stamina apparently gives them boneitis.

Axe and Odachi. I'm trying to decide which one I like more so that I can get a faster weapon into one of the slots, but every time I think I like one over the other, I change my mind. They're just both so good.
I've played around with the magics and the tricks, but other than killing slimes, I almost never bother to use them. If all three storm kunai hit, they do a total of half the damage a single quick axe attack will do, so not that useful. I doubt I'll be putting more than 10/11 points into the ninja and magic stats, and I might even respec them down to minimum. I've never really been into magic or item usage in games anyway.
That one took me a while because it comes out so quick, but I got the timing down and it's not a threat anymore. I had more trouble dodging his flying charge and grabs since they felt like they were homing at first, but it turns out I was just feeling the fear and dodging too early.
Yeah, though I was blocking with the axe/odachi's parry skills. I don't know if that reduces block effectiveness or not, but in retrospect it probably does.

Dual swords has an iai attack too, but single has 3 of them and more set bonuses for those skills

Don't forget that your living weapon exists for fights like that one.

I completely forgot that it existed at all, once again. I'm really making this much harder on myself than it needs to be.

If you get lucky the tengu will jump into the water all by himself.

Fucking finally killed that Minishigi cunt in the region 1 duel. It only took me being twice his level to manage it. The fucker cannot be staggered, his iai shit is instantaneous and cannot be reaction-dodged so you just have to memorize and count from when he starts it to when it will probably teleport and hope you time it right, and his faggot lightning dogs chain and just keep coming at you from behind and shit. My veins are filled with salt right now.
The winning strategy:
I was actually keeping Living Weapon in mind this time, too, but there were no trash enemies to kill to charge it up sadly. As for blocking, the only thing that I'd want to block is that iai bullshit, but that does full damage through blocks AND reduces my ki to zero as a bonus.

I would probably have shit myself if that had happened.

Well, Muneshige is supposed to be one of the strongest warriors of Japan at that time, so yeah, he had to be hard. I find the best way to deal with him (as with any human boss) is to manage distance and bait attacks so you can deplete his ki and counter. Problem is he has mobility out the ass compared to the others but nothing compared to Masamune Date. Kusa high strong attack always helps. Onmyo magic, too. Its attack spells are mostly trash (a few guardian spirits excepted) but the supports are amazing.
Also you can charge LW by consuming spirit stones. Impractical against someone like Muneshige as you can imagine.

He doesn't have a LW so he's vulnerable to serpent strike>foot sweep. Harder than some because the fight is on a hill but perfectly doable

I'm in region 4 and I still have no idea how you're supposed to play this game exactly, because of stuff like this and much more. Enemies seem to randomly just do whatever they want, whether it is yokai breaking out of staggers mid combo or any enemy just blocking shit forever even when they don't even look like they have any ki left. And everything kills in 1-2 hits and will spam shit like crazy. The progression seems like shit too, since every mission shit just gets harder, making any new gear I find feel the same as the last shit I had.

The game still has some fun shit, and plenty of potential, but if things keep on like this I don't seem much fun or point in going on to higher difficulties besides gear with higher numbers on them.

He absolutely can be. You can even chain crit him.
It isn't. His Iai attacks have an extremely long telegraph where you can just switch to low stance and spam dodge to avoid it. If you have trouble with that due to low agility then you can just use the rocks in the corner to cheese him.

The only reason you had trouble with him is because you aren't used to how bullshit a fully unlocked sword tree is. Be glad he doesn't parry.

That's what I was doing, but it was still a roll of the dice if it would actually work. I just used knockdown cheese as well as an opening shot that blew away a quarter of his health, and that seemed to work just fine.
Cheese is always a viable and worthy strategy.

Two things you need to take into consideration.
1. Youkai and humans have different rules governing how they function and how you have to deal with them.
Regardless of what they look like physically you can always differentiate between them by their stamina bar. This may seem elementary but there are a few cases where it might become confusing.
2. Progression is more level based than gear based.
For you first play through the game your level should be approximately the same as the recommended mission level for each mission. Gear is there to assist your play style. Set bonuses basically.

Just run circles around the little rock and he should kill himself out of boredom next time.

Id say during the last few story missions I was around 40 behind in levels
as for gear just kill a few spirits every 5 or so levels

He cannot deal with the odachi high stance attacks at all either. Nothing fancy required, just equip an odachi and time your swings and rolls in a high stance while keeping your distance.

There's different ways to deal with him, if you want to be a faggot like I was when I first played you can just use the rock to block his spirit and his strikes. I beat him on way of the wise and way of the nioh on the plains with my tonfas by understanding his moveset and moving away from him when he does his iai strikes, he offers hit opportunities after his attacks and if you are a LW build there are amrita talismans from the omnyo school that allow you to accumulate amrita on hits or you can use spirit stones.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooo THEM SOME FUCKING NINJA DOGS

also apprently THERE IS A FUCKING WAY TO SHOOT THOSE CANNONS
fucking hell I just ran past everything and died like 20 times trying to get all the green men

GIve me a fucking break game I dont even have divine armor, guess I'll go grind the gauntlet of bosse in the last mission now

See

… but why?
Stil, I decided to stop that and go and get all the kodamas that I missed, since I didn't find anything with kodama sense until like the third region I think

Fighting spirits seems mostly useless. I've gotten 1-2 pieces of good gear from them in over 30 hours of play, and they just stand around guarding 90% of the time making the fights a chore.

Go to Kuroshima shore or the bridge gauntlet sub mission and keep farming revenants and refreshing them at the shrine when you run out.
Cheese them with the kusarigama.

I finished Way of the Strong before I even gave those double bosses the light of day. Ornstein and Smough was a mistake.

Really? they pretty much were all my gear upgrades, hell still are in Wots besides a few things ive found while playing the DLC

also they are easy to trip up or just eat their ki so it takes like no effort to kill with grapples

Revenants are limited to only divine items (max) level 150+0. No matter what gear the player is wearing it will either be downgraded or sharded. Developer revenants (red names) might not be subject to the same rules.

Yeah. It's usually not great stuff, or stuff I'm not gonna use like heavy armor. The pieces that drop being random doesn't help either. I did manage to get a nice sword and armor set yesterday though so that's cool. The ones online are better for sure. The offline ones may as well not exist since they always seemed to drop garbage.

So regarding guardian spirits, their stats aside, which of their summons do you find the most useful/powerful ?
Enko and Kara-jishi are pretty brutal but hard to aim with their significant delay. Kato, Atlas Bear and Nekomata seem to be among the most reliable. Tengen Kujaku is neat when in LW mode since he switches the element, but he doesn't seem to do shit as a simple summon.

Most offline revenants drop garbage. A few offline revenants have unique drops not available anywhere else in the game

I use aya komori or yatagarasu along with either saorsie or nekomata as secondaries. Komori gives 14%unlimited ninjutsu and yatagarasu 10%unlimited ammo and a stronger LW. I only use saorsie and nekokmata in secondary for the Amrita bonuses.

Suzaku's two orbits then down to deck attack is what I relied on through a big part of the game. Nurihyon's constant damage pools of water is another good one. Mizuchi and Diaba are both a favorite for cheesing humans and so is Tanuki to a slightly lesser extent.
Itokuri is a special case. I would have never used her for very much time at all if it wasn't for the bonus to item drop rate but I came to really appreciate how useful she really is.

Can't complain I guess.

I meant specifically their summons, you know, through guardian/moment talisman.

What does Itokuri do ? Something with slow I imagine ?

Okatsu isn't worth a revenant of her inflated 100k.

Why was Spider Nest Castle so fucking ___FUN?

plebs the both of you.

She's got a two part attack. Itokuri's direct contact acts like a sloth talisman but she also leaves behind webs on the ground like what Jorogumo does that further slows enemies. Also as a bonus you get paralysis status attack on melee weapons, not just when you are in LW mode either.

I honestly didn't realize she was anything but Muneshinge's wife, although you overstate her role as clan head. She inherited only because there was no one else, and she was only 6 years old so clearly she hadn't done anything of note.

huh

I did exaggerate on purpose, the extent of my knowledge on Ginchiyo being that she was chosen as successor because there was no male heir and some accounts about her training in combat. Like all women of this era, information is sporadic at best.
Never saw anything about her being 6 years old at the time though. A daimyo naming his daughter as successor is crazy enough when political adoption for the sole purpose of naming an heir is commonplace in Japan. Why designate a kid ?

I read that this shit port doesn't even have m+kb controls. Doesn't sound worth a pirate if that's true.

So here I finally have my gear together. It still doesn't do nearly as much damage as I would have hoped, so I feel like I'm still missing something. It's a debuff build obviously, so I debuff myself and gain supposedly massive damage from it.

What are you using to take screenshots?

Her pattern appears totally random, with her doing her long range attacks even if I'm right next to her and her close-range heel-stamp even if I'm across the arena from her, so I really just have to try to do this 100% on reflex I think. I only have four elixers, but honestly I shouldn't even need one so I'm not going to count that as a negative. I will not be using living weapon because she's holding my fire puppy hostage with 180,000 amrita.

Just for the sake of my sanity, how many attacks does she have? If she pulls out something new again I may have a stroke.
I've seen:
Am I missing anything?

print screen

She has one where she throws her polearm at you.

Just in a straight line, I'm guessing? I'll try to be ready for it, thanks.

Yeah, just right at you. It doesn't go all the way though, it boomerangs back to her I think.

If it hits you it's like getting hit by a wheel skeleton, it just keeps spinning and fucking you up

That really weirded me out. I was on the other side of the arena throwing shurikens at her and she just spent the whole fight stomping.

run away from her circle-wise and shoot arrows at her at a safe distance.

What's your set up user? I didn't find her too bad.

just fucking summon it back and spend them.

This is why I made sure to hunt down every single goddamned kodama. I experienced this shit in region one and never again could I allow my Elixirs to run low.

If you don't know, you get +1 starting free elixir per 5 kodamas you've found in a region, and also the healer blessing provides a MASSIVE boost to finding elixirs from drops if you need to stock up.

I think I'll try to put together a Sakuyahime stone throwing gear set next

excuse me, that's Sukunahikona

Melee-only, used to be axe and odachi, currently using 2kat and spear, but I switch up my weapons constantly and don't really have a main. I'm really hoping there's enough points to max every tree because I like them all for different circumstances and don't really want to choose.

I did not know that, and that is very good to know. I've now found all of the little gremlins in the ice level, so that should . now.

Would that even do enough damage to kill her? I don't even think I have my full compliment of arrows since I use them to snipe anything standing still with its dome exposed.
I could see an arrow to her head doing maybe 1200 damage to her, but she's incredibly tanky so I don't know.

Not gonna happen. however you'll have enough to get the important stuff, and the ki pulse while dodging transfer to every weapon, so everything will be usable. I'd say use your 2kat and try to rush in and stay in low stance to rush back out when she stomps. Use some fire talismans if you have any, the disposable kind you don't get from onmyo.

You'll have plenty to max everything out in way of the nioh,

If she does it fucks you up bad. And she can immediately follow it up with another one if she wants or with any other attack.
Yeah she can be pretty rough because of her large retinue of attacks and she gets nastier and faster as her health gets lower. Even draining her ki doesn't make her safe for approach unlike most other bosses.
Do you have a summoner's candle?

I miss the old generals with the samurai jack intro, please make a less shitty OP next time

Summoner's candle enables the "Call Back" button on the shrine screen, right? I thought that ate up all the amrita to use.

candle immediately calls the spirit back WITH the amrita

Well shit.

NO. DON'T USE CALL BACK. You can use a summoner's candle anytime you don't have to be at a shrine. Only use Call Back if you don't care about losing all the amrita that your spirit is guarding.

Are you, by any chance, fucking kidding me?

It's a rare item. Essentially it's equivalent to a ring of sacrifice from dark souls, except after the fact.

You do eventually get a smithing text for candles though. Of course you have to forge them with ogress claws so…

Well that would've been useful to know in the beginning of my fucking playthrough
I had 12 of those things rotting in my inventory

I said rare, not limited. It's also possible to farm them on certain missions, they are a guaranteed fixed drop from certain loot and unlike hair they are repeatable.

Unfortunately a candle can't be used in the Abyss, you need a bell instead, which as an exceptionally rare random drop in the abyss.

Not worth it. You'll get way more amrita later on.

Amrita gains go up exponentially. In WotN you can easily get half a billion amrita from a single kill in some places.

How important is Attack Multiplier versus the other stats on a weapon?
Also, is stuff like "vs. Water" on armor very effective if I try to stack it, or is it best to focus again on other ability type stats?

This is my current setup. The armor is all stuff you're supposed to find in the level, I think, since it's all matching and every piece is vs. Water. The two Fans just add +10% or so to fire damage, so I want to combine that with the fire charms.
My 2kat seems to have good stats for exactly how I use it (spamming quick low stance attacks and then fucking off), but there's a 2kat with 10 more attack multiplier and I don't really know what would be best. I assume the lower attack one with the better abilities.
I do have a little bit of low-level ninjutsu and onmyo from early experiments with it, so I'm able to use a couple of fire things which I've also equipped.

Attack is the important stat. I'm not really sure the difference between multiplier and attack (at the top) but I only look at attack.

Vs Element is usually a wasted stat, water especially. It's not terrible at slowing buildup of the elemental status but I'm not actually sure it blocks any of the damage at all. Rarely is it worth having, and even then only Wind, Lightning, and Paralysis are worth worrying about.

If you don't already know, Water reduces defense, Fire does (pathetic) damage over time, Wind massively reduces attack so you can barely hurt the enemies, Lightning reduces action speed (attack/dodge), and Earth reduces ki regeneration.

A C+ increased damage only gives you about 5% at most (that is, 0-5% depending on how many hits). A rank is 16% at max, no matter which kind

So I had it backwards, then. The big number is what matters and the rest are minimally effective at best?

so is the only worthwhile element is wind and lightning?

The only elements worth worrying about are lightning and wind. Water is a very strong element for your own weapons, but what does it matter if the enemy lowers your defense compared to cutting your effective damage by 80%?

I think I've hit my limit with this ice cunt. Over 20 attempts now and no improvement.
She's hitting me with basically every single attack except for the ice missiles because I can't react fast enough to them. I just don't know how to identify what she's going to do before the attack comes out, and once it's out my reflexes can't match it.
I've tried listening for audio cues, but she has two "HYEEARRGH" yells and the attack she does after them is random. It's like she was designed specifically to troll people who look for logic in boss design.

Oh, and I tried the "just shoot her with arrows "strategy another user suggested. All of my arrows do only 110 damage to her. I don't know if there's a way to build for bow damage, but I'm no built for it that's for sure. It would take about 2,000 arrows to take her down this way.

Time to cheese with a sloth talisman then.

I don't have any of those. Don't think I've ever even seen one.

It's an Onmyo magic jutsu

Oh, my magic level is 9 or 10, I think. I have just enough points to use guardian summons and some fire talismans. My ninjutsu stat is also only 9 or 10. I like to hit things with swords, not wiggle my fingers from behind trees, for the most part.

Sloth talisman cuts enemy speed by 50% or more. Basically it would leave the ice bitch unable to move or fight back, and it really wouldn't cost many points into magic to buy it.

Dodge to her side. Side steps should dodge most of her fastest attacks, and a stomp can easily be evaded by dodging sideways followed by another dodge away from her. Stay on low stance, you're not going to get a chance to combo so just do quick hit & run attacks
Also if you use a sword it's possible to dodge her heel stomp attack by using the enemy step into air slash technique, and it looks fucking sick

Looks like three points. I could probably get that with only one level, I think. It might be worth farming up the 65k amrita to get that level, I suppose.

Dodging the stomp is no problem, but I can't dodge the boomerang or her basic attack combo, or her lunge anymore (which used to never hit me) because I can't tell which attack she's doing until it's already hit me.
I think I have a brain problem today.

She does have kinda clear tells for each attack, I remember because it was also frustrating the fuck out of me until I could see it all of a sudden. I think it was by looking at her weapon most of the time.

When's a good time to activate Living Weapon? Or is there a fast way to activate it without all that animation that swoops the camera away from the enemy for 3 seconds?
I keep getting my shit destroyed while still locked in the "I'm so fucking cool with my fire dog" animation.

I'll give that a try, thanks user. I've always mostly been an audio-cues type, so she's been driving me bananas with her randomness.

You are literally invincible during that animation though

My living weapon lasted all of half of a second following it, because she had her boomerang spinning in my face as it ended.
Sometimes it doesn't do that animation, though, like just now, and I don't know what I'm doing differently to cause it to happen or not happen.
For some reason this time, though, my attacks with my living weapon were doing even less damage than my standard attacks with a fire talisman, and that makes no sense. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Take a break and come back with a fresh mind user. Quick Change scrolls (ninjutsu) are a good investment, basically an extra life. You can also add a touch-me-not scroll to that for a nice combo (die, body explodes, reappear). Don't forget about your living weapon either, anything with an A+ amrita gauge rate will make your life easier (don't have to farm amrita for as long).
Other than that the only advice I can offer you is to practice. (^:

I think the animation only plays the first time you use living weapon per life/stage. After that it uses the short version, just my guess

Holy shit, that's what they're for? I thought they were for a "fuck you" if an enemy player kills you. I didn't know you could actually survive to see the result.
This should be the second tutorial message you see in the Tower of London. Are they automatic? Like every time you die you just respawn instantly with full health and shit, as long as you have one of those scrolls prepared? That's fucking amazing.
Amen, user. I'm certainly trying. I'll give it a short break and then put the shoulder back to the grindstone.

That makes sense, I suppose.

Also, god damn that level was good, rooms flipping upside down, looking for walls that could rotate, dodging shit left and right

You have to use the scroll and have the buff up. The buff lasts about 3-5 minutes per scroll, so it's pretty much always up if you have more than one scroll.

FYI, the Iga ninja 2 piece set bonus "restores ninjutsu items after living weapon ends" will always restore at least one quick change scroll because it's rounded up

The quick change scrolls you activate and they last for maybe 5 minutes (I haven't tested it but they'll last you a while, enough that you don't need to be stingy with them). They'll revive you at max critical health (just low enough that it turns red). The caveat is that sometimes the enemy will attack as you respawn in mid air and fuck you. You can also do a falling attack as you respawn. The touch-me-not scrolls last a little bit longer and you get more, the good thing is that they'll stun certain enemies and stop them from attacking you as you respawn.

All buffs disappear as you die and are revived, I should add.

So what you're saying is that I need to grind up 7 ninjutsu points because that shit is fucking amazing.
I really didn't want to leave this ice level until I killed the ice queen because this level was so boring, but this is a really shitty place to farm amrita. I might just hop over to spider castle and do a few hours of grinding.

Don't grind for hours. If you really want the ninjutsu shit now just buy a book of reincarnation from the blacksmith and move your points around.

Also make sure you use any locks of hair you might have in your inventory.

And if you want ez mode you should really go for sloth talismans. They pretty much wreck everyone's shit in NG.

Yeah, this is Demon's Souls, only instead of second chance and cursed weapon, it's quickchange and sloth talisman.

Quick change also respawns you in the air over the place where you died and sets you up for a plunge attack.
I'd like to add there's also a spirit that functions like quick change as long as you have a full gauge. There's also a late game armor that has a set bonus that makes all spirits act that way.

A couple of caveats you have to consider
1. Neither scrolls nor Suzaku will protect you from dying from burning or poison recurrent damage. There is an armor passive that prevents you from reaching zero health from recurrent damage that will solve this problem.
2. This one is quick change specific. There are a few specific situations where quick change scrolls will fuck you over because of the mid air respawning. Most of the time this will be wheelmonks.
Never ever drop on a wheelmonk for any reason.

The armor is MUCH more reliable than Suzaku for the reason that one of the bonuses is "prevents amrita gauge reduction". In later difficulties enemies have the ability to reduce your gauge when they hit you, and if it's not full you can't use it as a second life.

He got what he deserved.

William is fighting more on the side of harmony and balance than for any real human faction. He's fighting on Tenkai's and Hanzo's side more than on Ieyasu's.

I knew I had a video of this.

I think I might have figured out the solution to the crashing issue. I haven't actually tested if it works on Hundred Eyes, but I haven't had a single crash anywhere else since I tried this:

Clear out your temporary windows cache.

Not the internet cache, but the windows one. Seems there's some kind of garbage collection issue and whatever bad data ends up in the cache and stays there.

A. That is both really funny, and really infuriating because that's the kind of shit I'm in the middle of right now.
B. I need to start recording my shit, because I can actually see her tells now thanks to this video. Her weapon actually changes form. I never noticed that in all of my 20+ runs.

I feel for you. She's easily one of the toughest bosses in the game. I took me 30+ tries to beat her. Then again for some ungodly reason I decided to fight her with mega horoku dama.

I'll be topping that for sure. She has a personal grudge against me for some reason. She just finished me off with her lunge-stab when I'd almost taken her down, and I swear to fuck she didn't make a peep. No warcry, nothing, just silence into murder flash-step.

I actually ended up beating her the one time I decided to try out a mega horoku-dama. By some miracle she decided to do nothing while I slowly lobbed that shit at her. It didn't do that much but I laughed my ass off.

Tenkai being for harmony I can get, but it doesn't get more slut for Ieyasu's penis than Hanzo. And for all the fairness Nioh displays for the different factions, it does conveniently obfuscate the fact peace was already achieved under the Toyotomi - if Ieyasu actually wanted peace, all he had to do was fucking nothing. His actual motivations was a peaceful Japan under his rule and not the Toyotomi.

If you can chuck it right inside her hitbox at the right moment it does massive damage. Actually that's true of just about everyone.
I've wanted for awhile to try out an explosive only build but I'm a little burnt out at the moment after 600 something hours.

Well in William's defense he doesn't hold Ieyasu in high regard as a person and he certainly doesn't follow his orders like a loyal retainer. I don't know what the fuck Hanzo's problem is.

I certainly don't resent William for being on Ieyasu's side, mostly because he really isn't. He's just following the amrita and those who would abuse it. They just happen to be placed alongside the factions opposing the Tokugawa.
I just think the game should have addressed how this all started with Ieyasu making a coup against the Toyotomi, beyond Mitsunari's spirit flashback which is vague about it.

passing through 70% of a level with just a gun and bow is really fucking fun

what one, there are quite a few

The one who actually says it's nothing personal, or more specifically "I don't hate you but you have to die" or something like that

Ah, Magoichi. First time I've heard about a crash after him considering there's only a cutscene.

He's probably just getting random crashes.

Try clearing your windows temporary files, it seems to have fixed all the crashing for me

Just so you know, the further you are in the game the more glory you earn from coop, regardless of the level of the coop missions you do.

When you've finished WotN you can get 5-10k glory from NG level missions, just to reward you for your valuable time

What the fuck mission did I just enter? I was doing this to unwind a bit, and now I'm starting to feel regret. Admittedly I only realized that I had to manually log in recently so maybe this is normal for online revenant density, but 10 revenants within 10 meters of the starting shrine feels crazy to me.
At least there's no Boku no Biwa around.

You probably chose an arena mission, these are short but intense, it's waves of enemies basically,so if anyone dies at any point they'll fatally be in the same place.
I feel you on some side missions not being that relaxing though. Try to get some reforging done on your favorite iitems, get some really good attributes.

Finished putting it together. The good news is that it's relatively easy to make, though I think Sukunahikona might possibly be one of the rarest graces. The bad news is it kind of sucks, at least for WotN. I might use this set just to show off in Way of the Samurai coop, because the 30k hits at that difficulty make it look hilarious. in Way of the Nioh though it only does about 3k. You CAN kill things with it, but it takes more than a few stones.

He said it was a graveyard, I don't think there are any graveyard arena missions, at least not before endgame. The standard graveyard map is just a small map so the Revenants tend to collect in one area.

Basically the way revenant spawns work is that you download up to a maximum number from the server. That max number is the same regardless of how big the mission is, so smaller maps naturally have denser spawns. There are always enough people dying.

Hold on, is it "the disappearing ranjatai" ? Just checked it, right after the shrine there's a cloud Ryoki with three zombies lying in ambush. The revenants are just retards who can't listen to audio cues.

Yeah, that was the mission. I was amazed that they all died to that one yoki. I crept up to the gate and looked around and saw both ambush zombies, and then I just cleared the graveyard and everything from the back and fought the clouded demon solo. I laughed when it was just a fucking yoki. I was expecting at least a flying bolt and a retinue of floating heads like the last graveyard map.
There was one of those Biwa playing demons on the map, too, with three revenants in front of him. He was clouded, but I could still hear his banjo. I was able to creep in and summon the revenants one by one and fight them away from his little arena. In the end he only had a single floating head to defend him.

Now THIS, on the other hand, is the arena mission you were talking about, I think.

Yeah I bet that's the one with Benkei. Well, they don't directly mention his name, but it's pretty obvious who he is - a famous warrior monk from the heian period. He's an extremely tanky dude with an axe and some spawns thrown in, I did it yesterday on NG+ and it had a tengu, I bet it's way tamer on NG. He's definitely dangerous, but not too bad if you bait his attacks to deplete his ki, he's slow as shit.

He's human? I shouldn't have a problem, then. I use the roundhouse+followup combo with my 2kat against humans and it just destroys their ki to the point that I can chain grapples and finishers. I expected the tonfas to be the big ki-depleters, but these 2kat are doing work.
For now I think I'm just going to fight revenants and then branch out a couple of times. Just fought one dude that gave me 90k amrita for killing him, and I've never seen such an amount from a revenant before - usually I get about 20k for 10 combined.

Yeah, he looked scary but he was just a human. I tested out the sloth talisman on him and then kicked him into the river.

Lel, poor Benkei.
Anyway, now that you've tested the sloth talisman you should take on Yuki-onna again. Maybe throw in some weakness talisman and lightning weapon. Or take her out fairly, who knows.

Yup, that's the plan. Currently re-clearing the ice level and thinking murderous thoughts.

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit right now. What other monsters can be fucked with like this?

Do I have to start over again and save one of my cannonballs for the third cannon? Is there going to be a fourth I have to save for?

First try.
I used all of the tricks recommended - sloth talismans, quick change and touch-me-not - and I just barely scraped through. I even got a plunging attack on her after she got blown up by the touch-me-not.
I can feel the wings of freedom again.

I had no idea you got cannon balls at the start and suicide ran all the kodamas
shit was hectic but I did it

Guy weakly standing in the first trench gives you two.

You drop out of thesku withabout a quarter of your life and can plunge attack as you fall. Enemies with upwards arching attacks can kill you as you fall though so it isn't a guaranteed survival.

>out of the sky

The Nurikabe will open to 1 of the 3 different behaviors that gestures can be from. You just happened to make the right gesture catagory.

It's the category, not the gesture itself? Do you mean like Red/Yellow/Blue basically?

How the fuck does this keep happening? It's not like I spent a minute loading the map; that shit is done in a single-digit number of seconds. How the hell can somebody die so quickly?

9/10 times this happens it's some ultra faggot who hasn't even tried the boss solo a few times yet, so they don't know shit about its moveset and die immediately.

Yeah, if the yokai wants a red gesture any red gesture will cause him to leave without conflict.

I did about five coop missions after restricting zones so I would avoid disconnections, and so far everyone was perfectly competent.

(^:
7:37 for boss fight.

I got to the second boss and die in two shots to the spin attack he always does for defence. Don't deal much damage and he has a whackton of hitpoints. After trying a few times and having the same result where I hit once and he does the spin I don't grasp how I can defeat this faggot.

This is my first crash ever.

Mimics

1) don't get hit
2) use a stronger weapon
3) level up attack

Battle of the bridge is THE revenant farming mission. Kill everything you can reach without triggering the fight, and then jump off the bridge and do it again. This ESPECIALLY applies to Way of the Strong. It's one of the highest level missions immediately available in NG+ AND revanent drops cap at level 150 divine, so there's no reason to go any further.

Of course, because other people are doing the exact same thing, you find a lot of graves from people who either jumped off or fucked up and died to one of the ones they were trying to farm.

Yep, you get 2 tries, if you get the second wrong he attacks. The only hint you could possibly have is a grave that says "killed by nurikabe for neutral gesture" or something.

The chest mimics (Mujina) are similar. You can whistle at the chest and they will jump out harmlessly, then they perform any of your nine "equipped" gestures. Mimic the same one and they leave the loot, get it wrong and they attack. You also get the "overjoyed" gesture from doing it right the first time.

Block the balls when he spins. Once you've broken the chains dodge through the boss to dodge the spin.

The third cannonball is right next to the ladder from the moat on the right side of the map, right in the middle of the hail of arrows from the third tower

Man, what a fight. Couldn't even bring myself to sloth or LW him.
Hold on, what ? Dragon of the North's one-boss main mission was bullshit enough.

Pissed me off too.

I imagine it was much worse if it was on PS4 and you paid for it.

I'm a good goy :^(

Honestly I can't even fault you for that. Game's fucking good, if it had been released on PC day one I'd have bought the DLC too. I just wish devs/publishers understood this shit lives and dies on goodwill.
At least each DLC made welcome additions to the base game I guess.

I just can't someone with a dildo on their head, sorry.

faggot keeps leaving pvp matches because i've got my boy aya-komori lw ready for the second match while he's using enko, the retard.
steamcommunity.com/id/Nial/

Would anyone be interested in doing abyss runs? I've cleared to 41 and I'm mostly looking to farm up to that, though I could probably clear a bit further

Keep in mind, when you coop in the Abyss you fight 2 bosses instead of one. Generally it's still going to be easier than solo, but you get double the boss loot.

Do they do variations on maps in this?
For example, is there a version of Mt. Hiei that's bright and sunny rather than dark and rainy?
Seems like it'd be a pretty easy way to stretch map variety, but I can't remember seeing any map reskins like that so far.

There's at least a few. One of the Kuroshima sub missions takes place at dawn/sunset instead of in the dark like the main mission. Another that I can think of off the top of my head is the Withered Grass and Youkai battlefield that usually a sunny evening in most missions is dark and stormy when you fight Jin Hayabusa.

Also, is there a guide or tutorial screen in the game somewhere that lists all of the buff/debuff icons and what they represent? I'm finding some of these hard to interpret.
For example, when I whack a yellow crystal, I get a status effect that's a little armor with a little lightning bolt on it. I can't tell if that means I'm resistant to lightning, or my armor has been reduced versus lightning, or my armor has been "shocked" and thus is weaker versus everything, or what.

So it's just a few set variations, then. That's alright, but I was kind of hoping they'd do some kind of randomizing eventually, just to spice up the visual variety.

Welcom to hell. Pay attention to the pointy side of each icon border to tell whether it's a buff or debuff.

I feel the same way. At least there some nice variation in some of the sub mission stages like the bathhouse, the mountain shrine, the fox shrine, and the snow shrine. I want to build that bathhouse in real life, it's the comfiest shit.

How does this work? I thought I just had to pick things up to add them to the refashion list. Half of the Iga set isn't on the list either, even though I have multiple pieces of each.

Revenant drops don't count unfortunately. You either need to get the drop from a normal enemy or be able to forge it yourself to unlock it for refashion. Go play through the sub mission where you fight Onryoki and Harvey Birdman in the cave a few times and you'll get some regular drops of that armor.

I rushed to Way of the Wise today, should I wrap up all the mission with hair locks in WotD or go to WotW now? I'm thinking WotW so I can get more of a challenge.

Keep going and the hair won't matter, at least not samurai hair. I have every samurai skill in the game and another 700 points into damage

Fuck this piece of shit. What level do I need to be to not get one-shotted by this thing? His lightest attacks do 2800 damage to me, which is 1000 more than my max hp with 704 defense. I'm guessing I'll need another 1000 defense or so, so maybe come back in 30-50 levels and try again?

I saw some NPC with a hammer in that mission on one of my attempts that was fighting him, but I could never find him again after that. I always get clipped and die within the first 5 seconds of the fight.

That's kind of lame, but I also kind of see why they did that. I'm just glad it's not some glitch or something like that.

Getting nothing but connection errors for like the last hour, really annoying it was working fine before that

Don't get hit? That's the one against the same demon as the first level boss right, the onryoki? A lightning weapon really helps, and once he's slowed you can easilly just dodge through him

Yeah, I'm getting a bit better at it.
He's twice the size and twice the speed of the two onryoki I've fought before, and they never gave me any problems.
This one is on another level.

lightning, getting it on him to begin with might be a little tricky but once it's there you can dodge through easily

It's actually an axe and he's a huge bro. The whole trick of that mission is to just out run Onryoki for long enough foe Kintaro to show up. Then after that let him aggro and tank the oni while you chip away at him. You'll have to periodically revive Golden Boy so make sure to draw the big fucker far enough away first.

Really? For me, the trick to that mission was to murder the fuck out of Onryoki and wonder who this asshole was that showed up as finished the fight and said we made a good team.

Should I just start dumping shit into storage for now? How to into inventory management? Shit like this is one of the reasons I don't play MMOs.

When my inventory hits 400+ I quickly scroll through, put anything with a decent inheritable into storage and then disassemble or sell therest

A lot of it yes. You can access the storehouse from inside the blacksmith shop so you don't have to wander around with everything in you inventory. I Usually just carry around my special helmets and and three or four special armor sets that I have for different purposes.

Nioh > Bloodborne > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 >>> DeS.

This is a fact, anyone who disagrees is a low iq subhuman.

I like Nioh, but it's too much gear/stats and not enough skill to rank higher than ANY of those

This story is fucking weird and makes no sense. Japanese people shouldn't be allowed to have imaginations, as they're clearly not responsible with them.

Nioh's modern videogamey and DaS/DeS are classic videogamey. I never played bloodborne, but I understand the entire game pretty much plays at the speed of Blackflame Friede's boss fight, which sounds pretty fun.
I'd say they're all roughly equivalent with variation accounting for taste, with the exception of DaS2 which honestly just has a lot of quality control issues.
But you didn't want a real answer, you just wanted a (you), you cheeky cunt.

Hanzo's dad is a frog because his father literally came back as a yokai. His father was a harsh trainer and always telling Hanzo what to do.

Gameplay is the most important factor and based on gameplay, that ranking is the only objective one.

Nioh has the best core gameplay and combat. You are not forced to grind, exploit and use the best "stats" on weapons and gear, just like with Souls games, you can dictate your own desired difficulty level to a certain degree.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 have great combat and gameplay, but not as good as Nioh. Bloodborne has better combat than Dark Souls 3, but lacks the variety of combat styles (ranged/melee/magic/utility builds) that Dark Souls 3 offers.e

Dark Souls gameplay and combat is mediocre, what made that game special was the amazing interconnected world design, which turned out to be nothing more than a product of luck, since From Software has never been able to reproduce it with their other games.

Dark Souls 2 is a butchered game, but still offers more than Demon's Souls.

Demon's Souls is overrated garbage by nostalgia high morons.

Bloodborne is very fun, but the experience is held back by 25-30fps and long loading times, even post patch the loading times are annoying compared to the 3 sec loading times of DaS3 on an SSD on the PC.

DaS2 is better than DeS. DeS has nothing to offer, it does nothing better than all the other games that came after it. Combat, Graphics, Soundtrack, Atmosphere, Quality of content, Quantity of content, online-play experience… nothing, it excels at nothing.

I sort of get that, but the line seems really blurry and I don't really understand how it's supposed to work.
People come back as yokai or get turned into yokai by getting possessed, or getting really really angry, and so on. Suddenly they're a certain kind of demon species identical to all of the others and they have no intellect - except sometimes they do have intellect just because - except they still have to fight like wild animals until they're punched in the dick really hard and then they can talk for a few seconds before they evaporate.
It seems like Japanese folklore is constructed out of plot holes, but maybe it's just me.

Yeah, that's pretty true. It depends what kind of gameplay you prefer, though. If you like loot'em'ups, then Nioh is going to be your jam. If you like classic bootstrap gameplay, then DeS is where you want to be at. The DaS games fall in the middle, where they're more hectic and less deliberate than DeS, but they're also not lootfarm spreadsheet stat simulators like Nioh.
If it's ever out on PC, or when PS4 emulation comes around, I'll be interested to see if these problems can be solved.

>DeS does atmosphere, soundtrack, quality of content (nice vague descriptor amidst a bunch of specific ones), and combat worse than DaS II
Wew lad.

You misunderstood, it does those things worse than DaS, DaS3, Bloodborne. If you want those things, why play DeS?

If you want quantity of content, then Dark Souls 2 has alot of content.

DeS offers nothing, it excels at absolutely nothing.

DeS is by far the most somber and the most slow-paced. It's also the most obtuse and the least friendly in terms of checkpoints. It also has the simplest combat system combined with some very complex crafting systems.
It's not my favorite, but for some people it's pure heaven that has never been replicated, and I can see where they're coming from.

DeS has (had) better online than DaS. Because of the level design DaS coop is (was) almost exclusively done at the boss or shortly before the boss. DeS was much better suited to cooping through the level. DeS PVP was also better suited to playing around the level.

DeS also had better bosses than DaS, including one of if not the best in the series, False King Allant. Most of DeS bosses are far more fun to fight, and they also have several that are far more unique both in concept and mechanically, for instance the storm king and the old hero.

DeS is also the only Souls game where the lore isn't retarded and self-contradictory and actually tries to explain gameplay mechanics.
DeS: Despite being bereft of reason, enemies try to attack you and not each other because you have souls and they hunger for souls.
DaS: Despite being bereft of reason, enemies try to attack you and not each other because ???

DeS: You carry a small glowing crystal at your belt to provide light. That's why there's an area that's brighter around the player.
DaS: You glow because ???

DeS: Fog gates are an effect of the colorless fog created by the demon.
DaS: Fog gates are ???

This is what mentally ill nostalgia high DeS retards actually believe XD.

Why do they attack you if you have 0 souls? LOOOOOOL. Fuck off low IQ nostalgia high son of a whore, DeS is dogshit.

They attack non-hollows. Chosen Undead never goes hollow during the game. Did you even play DaS?

Bloodborne is nowhere near finished and was basically early access before the DLC. And as much as I love Nioh, a lot of its appeal lies in singleplayer MMORPG mechanics, which is amateur design compared to any of the souls games, meaning it basically can't compete in the same category.
I agree with your assessment of the dark souls though.

Yes, the sad truth is that non of these games reached the potential they had, both Sony and Bandai Namco are cancerous companies/publishers that ruined the potential of these games.

Now that From Software is free from both Bandai Namco and Sony, we might be pleasently surprised by their new IP dark fantasy action role-playing game, especially because they haven't announced anything for a decent period of time, hopefully they won't announce this game for at least 2-3 more years, so they have more than enough time to deliver a finished dark fantasy arpg game.

The Armored Core reboot is probably coming next year.

Fuck, what was the term from DeS? Wandering Soul? Vessel-free soul? I don't remember specifically, The point is that the souls you hold aren't actually your soul or a part of you, they're things that just sort of stuck to you. Even without them, you are still ensouled and are not bereft of reason.
Blatant lies, unless you're suggesting creatures like crystal golems, hydras, drakes, and snakemen are somehow hollow, despite not being human or undead. They also won't attack non-hollow NPCs. They can damage NPCs regardless if they're hollowed or not, but never choose to attack anyone other than the player, and the NPCs never defend themselves from hollows. In fact, the behavior of enemies does not change regardless of if it's the hollow or human version of any NPC.
Neither of these are true in DeS! Once you free Ostrava he'll wander around exploring instead of sitting in his cell and fight enemies with you. Yet another atmospheric thing that was removed from DaS for no good reason.
Right, so what about in 2 and 3 where things like soul appease and hollowslayer exist, deal damage to the player character when they're not human, and have in their descriptions "Only works/extra damage on hollows" that deal extra damage to non-human players? Why do NPCs like Lautrec remark on how hollowed you are when you're made of beef jerky? Why does the bonfire tell you "Cannot kindle while hollow" if you try to kindle it while looking like beef jerky? Are you saying that state is not 'hollow,' despite being referred to as such by everything in the game?

Just got a few cool as fuck dual sword sets. The prettier set has worse stats than the other one and it doesn't have innate lightning damage like my current set does. I am a bit annoyed tbh.

Anyway are the mystic arts worth it? I got the access to the dual swords, kusarigama and single sword mystic arts. The single sword mystic arts don't seem to be that good but the other two do. Super expensive though.

I'm running the kusa weight mystic art because the weight-based attacks are the only things I use consistently. Doing twice ki damage on my high stance poke is really nice.

Source: Your ass.
No, it is the truth. Those other creatures attack you because you are in their territory and they are hostile to intruders.

Lmao, "exploring", he keeps walking the same path and back, like a retard, I've followed him, it is scripted, there is nothing atmospheric about it, it ruins the atmosphere, because it ruins the immersion and reminds you that you are playing a game, when you see him walk back and forward across the same path.

NPC's were handled much better in Dark Souls.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 "lore" are non-canon. Dark Souls 2 introduced to many plotholes and if a sequel has even 1 plothole, then it is automatically non-canon.

Dark Souls lore and story ended with Dark Souls.

That's what I was thinking. Considering the high attacks are the only ones that don't deflect the regular high light combo might turn into a guard breaker.

Giant Frog was a pretty damn fun fight, and the level leading up to him was also pretty dope. It was like a crazy funhouse.

I find interesting the moment I start seeing revenants with divine gear most of them went from red demons to kingo's armor, I also finally got a good divine odachi, feels good.

I like how you ignored both the fact that hollows don't actually attack non-hollow NPCs and the fact that the game constantly refers to beef jerky players as hollowed because those two facts completely destroy every claim you made.

You have no interest in honest discussion so I'm done replying to you.

You are correct. It demolishes guards.

Kusarigama is shit against guards, it's ki damage is pathetic because it's break value is pathetic.

If you are really dead set on getting through guards with a gama though get the Parry Disabled weapon effect and use low stance. You can spam low quick attacks and EVENTUALLY chip through that ki bar, all while keeping them locked into parry stance forever.

Tengu visor is the patrician's choice.

They say "you are practically/almost hollow", you never go full hollow that you lose your sanity as the chosen undead in Dark Souls. The only dishonest one here is you.

Give me an example of hollows not attacking non-hollow NPCs, there is always a context in Dark Souls.

lmao ok kid

That is not true hollowed.

Source: Your ass. ;^)

Gameplay mechanics and lore concepts are not always connected. The "hollow state" as a game mechanic has little to do with the lore concept of "hollow" a.k.a true hollow, which is explained as beings that lost their sanity and have no free will/self-consciousness.

You probably have a low IQ.

I wonder if you even realized you just agreed with me? You probably forgot, but the thing I originally said was

Thank you for being so easy to manipulate into literally posting about how I am completely right in your effort to prove me wrong. You fucking subhuman retard.

Gettin' real tired of this screen, game.

Make sure your matching area is limited, you get a lot more connection failures when you try to connect to someone halfway around the world.

No, that is wrong. You said DeS is the only game that does that, which isn't true, Dark Souls does it too, so does Bloodborne, but as I said "gameplay mechanics and lore concepts are not ALWAYS connected".

So no, you are not completely right at all. How could you come to that conclusion? I think my comment about you having a low IQ was probably accurate, that explains why your comment is so irrational and emotional. You should learn to control yourself and not lash out just because you got confronted with the truth about yourself (having a low IQ).

Is there a teleport into nothing personnel I can do?

Spear and Sword have moves that basically teleport you behind your enemy's back. Others might as well.

Plant slug lady was the weakest boss so far. She didn't even kill me a single time.

Mixing and matching is a lie.

Not really, I'm using the red demon set for that sweet ki recovery, with the crossed sickles chest piece that gives me double the base damage reduction than the regular red demon chest piece, extra toughness as well. Plus the set bonus damage reduction, killing strike is a nice bonus. Throw in a kaido axe for another damage reduction and awesome rumbling earth damage, ravenwing rifle for more damage reduction.
I'm practically wearing a whole other piece of armor from the damage reduction bonuses.
I'd use the iga set but it's 7 fucking pieces, and I don't even use ninjitsu that much.

Is there a site where I can see all set bonuses? Most lists seem to be incomplete as fuck.

I went full ninja so nothing really outweighs the benefits I get from iga ninja as far as I can tell. Yasakani is just letting me have dual swords on instead of the Onimada katana and still get the AA ninjutsu scaling, so in that way I guess I am sort of mixing and matching. Plus ninjutsu scales with skill as well as dex so dual swords seem like the better investment than katana/heart. My ninjutsu items are almost making my kusarigama redundant. Kunai are putting out anywhere between 3500-5000 damage at lvl 180. I did the Dragon of The North bosses at lvl 147 and could take out the bosses almost entirely with kunai. I try not to use them all the time because I like dodging and weaving more than just standing there throwing shit. But sometimes kunai can just break guard better than the kusarigama can.

Tengu mask a best.

The sword mystic arts are pretty great. First one reduces dodge stamina and increases timely guard window while the second one increases damage done from behind.
The first one is good on its own but the second one increases your DPS by a lot as both parry counters do back damage and with the skill that places you behind enemies you can do even more damage.

So Smithing Texts have a drop rate of about 0%, huh? Cool, cool.

I'm using 5 piece Grace of Susano, which gives me 13.7% CCD, 17.6% strong attack, and the base 3.2% damage reduction

4 piece Kigetsu AKA Seven Misfortunes, Eight Hardships, which grants 13.7% CCD, A+ Damage (status ailment suffered), 22.2% damage reduction (status ailment suffered), reduced status ailment duration, and 3.2% damage reductions

3 Piece Tatenashi AKA The God of War looks down, which gives me 3.2% damage reduction, 25.5% firearm damage reduction, and A rank equipment weight damage bonus (about 16% damage bonus multiplicative with CCD)

Overall, that's roughly a 108% increase in damage from set bonuses alone, provided I suffer from 2 status effects (which I use the "tradeoff" buffs to accomplish)

>panic and pop my quick change buff right as he launches a spear lunge at my throat
>MISSION COMPLETED
I need a drink.

I've finished bosses with desperation drop attacks more time than I can count

I never should have doubted all of the anons who kept telling me to invest in some ninjutsu. It's clutch in a can.

It can be a crutch too. Enemies in Way of the Wise/Nioh have a chance to delete your buffs when they hit you. That means you can have Quick Change ready, get hit, lose quick change and just die.

Okay, what the fuck am I supposed to do with this? I can survive indefinitely in here because he's a big slow idiot, but there seems to be no way to actually hit him.

Nevermind, I found the right ledge. He died before he could pick his head back up.
Not a very well executed giant boss, as usual in these games.

His head always falls down in the same spot, up on the very top platform. There's exactly one way to climb up there so you probably went to the second platform and not all the way.

That's exactly what I did wrong, yeah.

What the fuck is this amrita shit that keeps spawning amrita fiends and how the fuck do I kill it?

Will it run out of juice if I just keep killing shit?

Did not mean to reply