Action mmorpg recomendations

what would Holla Forums recommend and call a good Action mmorpg.
i have a friend who wants to play an action mmorpg and the 1st thing he brought was "black desert online" needless to say that there is no way in hell i am going to play to that p2w shit so any recommendation ?

maybe i can save one soul

Just play a classic tab-target one from the golden age, nothing decent has been produced in at least a decade and despite all the shit tab-target gets it has yet to be topped by alternative combat systems (at least in MMOs that utilize alternatives).

It's already too late for him, OP.

Just let him play the game. With any luck he'll realize the only fun part about it is the character creator and then he'll drop it 30 minutes later.

that's the issue here, he doesn t like tab target, he want something more "dynamic"

no, i think we can always save him he is just starting.
he just want an action mmorpg, better start with something good or at least potable

If there is one it's very well hidden, because I haven't found it or I'll have to lower my standards, in which case I'd rather go play something else.

I've grown the opinion that Action "mmos" would probably work better with some kind of hub world or simply go smaller numbers and do co-op with a carefully crafted world instead of just "OPEN WORLD YOU CAN GO ANYWHEEEERE (except these restricted places)" and a shitty map for the umpteenth time.
I just really want Dragon's Dogma 2 God damn it.

Black Desert looked really promising in the beginning. The world is really gorgeous from what I've played in the beta, but MMO publishers prove time and time again they can't be trusted to make a good game if their lives depended on it if it meant they could squeeze one last dime out of you before they die.

aside from the p2w factor even at release BDO was disapointing,
even if we knew what we would get. BDO was suppose to be a sandbox mmo , a " EVE ONLINE but with action gameplay and in a medieval-fantastic world"

but then it became a shitty thempark with no player interaction (not even in pve like trading) with just good look and gameplay for it (and was release as such)
and then the rest is history: it became p2w, and again, it was predictable since it was also the case in korea.

I know the promises that were made and broken even before release all too well. Them going back on the player housing was a dead giveaway. Even still I was this close to buying it because it still seemed like a good game. Real glad I didn't have the money at the time. I've honestly never seen a game burn out as fast as BDO did.

I might have a game just for you.

This doesn't help your friend, but the only action mmorpgs I've enjoyed were Dragon's Dogma Online and PSO2. Just tell your friend to play Tera or Vindictus until he gets bored

Tera is a great action MMORPG ruined by the game's economy. But then again all MMO economies are shit so if you are willing to accept that then Tera is probably the best because at least the gameplay is good and skill based.

At least when I played the game in its early stages it was actually possible save lot of money by skipping on defensive gear because if you were good at the game you never got hit.

I like Blade and Soul

he did play tera but got bored..

that's basically one fo the main issue with bdo too (aside from the impossible to be competitive without paying real money but that's irrelevant since he is casual )
so many jewtuber in 2017 are now defending BDO with stuff like
and

he may be a casual but that's exactly why i want to avoid him spending 10€ on a shitty game that may transform him into a broken candy crush player or worst…

how is Guild wars 2 ? i heard he went f2p (i also heard saw how they fucked up the visual effect of yoru skill pic related : fire shield before (1) after (2) ) what's worst is that i heard they did that for COMPETITIVE e-sport BS reason

So did I, user.
So did I. Fuck NCSOFT or whichever South Korean kike butchered this game.

Sexiest character creator so far.

You're right about action "MMO's" being better when done smaller, but not necessarily for the reasons you stated. The biggest issue is latency and the impact is has on the realtime feedback that the player is given allowing them to play in the moment with reactions and skill. Tab targeting was such a successful system not only for attempting to bridge the gap between turn based combat and realtime combat, but in its ability to placate and compensate for the latency involved with long distance communication between client and server.

If you want truly good visceral combat then you're going to need a game set on a smaller scale. Not necessarily as small as vindictus or monster hunter, but certainly not a massive open pvp environment with 1000 players in simultaneous combat. Furthermore to facilitate a large number of players all sharing a world the easiest solution is to have peer to peer hosting take some of the strain from the main server with the main world being completely server side. Good luck attempting any sort of quality control with that setup though.

no, aeria game tried even more before this game was even out

We all do, user.

oops my bad i read wrongly i thought you e man the character design in itself instead of the

Pretty art too.

If you don't mind the effort of setting it up, play Phantasy Star Online 2. It's completely free and the latency is good despite the servers being in Japan. It's not a "true MMO," more like sci fi Monster Hunter, but it's quite fun to play and you can play it like both a tab target and a shooter.

Dungeons and Dragons Online

you have to go back

the "your mom is so fat her leg clip through each other when she walk" -joke

ncsoft could have made so much more money if they kept the revealing clothing and titty jiggle

That's just the thickness slider. You can adjust your characters size how ever you want/features how ever you want, the leg clipping is a side effect of that. And it will happen with any other characters in games who have thick thighs unless they walk bow legged.

Wanted this game to be good, but it wasn't. It was shit, and there weren't even enough outfits to wear.

The worst thing about DD:DA was the checkpoint saving system, which made getting to A from B so much fucking worse because if by some freak accident you got killed by running into some bullshit, you'd be set back like 25 minutes of travel/experience. It's not helped by the repetitive music, sound cues and sound effects. The whole thing gets old kinda fast, especially for myself who already owned the game on console beforehand.

Very pretty, post censorship, not so much.
Feelsbadman.

NCSoft only cares about shekels and (((politics))), like what happened with that other game they were publishing , 'hyper universe' unless that was some other (((company)))

so no clue ? not even in the regard to the

GW2 is really fucking boring. Even if you never played the first this second one is trash. Skills are boring, weapons are boring, BGs are boring, meta is trash, dungeons are trash, quests are pointless boring trash. AND THERE'S NO FUCKING GUILD WARS IN A GAME CALLED GUILD WARS.

Exploring could be fun, if you're into that. Overall i don't recommend it.

Canadian space program simulator
>They turned off life support systems, they're trying to choke you Ôut

Can you imagine how much her thighs would chafe after walking, especially adventuring? They'd be raw and bloody every night from the skin rubbing against itself.

It's on sale right now for the autumn sale iirc. It's like 5 dollars or something. Less than a few energy drinks.

That's why they have super wet permanently dripping vaginas, it lubes the legs

If he liked the combat in Tera but wants shit to do then have him try out Neverwinter

Blood of your enemies makes great lube

Was there ever been source to that? I mean I know it's 2hu, but the actual fucking source.

I will sauce you up, just for today.

Blood doesn't work as a fucking lubricant you mong.