Fighting Game General - Middle Eastern Girls

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Release date in the west: February, 9th, 2018 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

New DLC character Najd confirmed for the game along with a new stage based on Masmak fort. Both comes from a fan contest held in Saudi Arabia.

Backerkit campaign ended. Shark Girl and her arcana, Parace L'sia and Dark Heart will be added in the new version. Game will be released on December.
Steam webpage: store.steampowered.com/app/661990/Arcana_Heart_3_LOVEMAX_SIXSTARS/

Yukiko, Gordeau and Azrael confirmed in the game: youtube.com/watch?v=b9JNFpRS0c8
Noel, Chie and new gameplay video: youtube.com/watch?v=5E7rYDHQgEY Weiss early preview: youtube.com/watch?v=FF1A1I0jsiU

Venom, Black Widow and Winter Soldier trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=04oBawHYlHw
Balance patch announced: archive.is/Stkvp

Release date is January 26th, 2018. Season pass with 8 DLC characters confirmed.
Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan and Kid Buu confirmed for the game. Gotenks trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=MO_3fbXtFZ8
Bulma's VA, Hiromi Tsuru, passed away at age 57. Story trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=RnijMKIs9UE

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is announced: youtube.com/watch?v=iVC-o8QdokQ
It features every content from Season 1 and Season 2 (Characters and respective premium costumes), Arcade Mode, Extra Battle, Gallery and gameplay changes like new V-modes. All those new additions will be a free update to all users.
Physical version will feature the base game plus codes for Season 1 and Season 2 Character pass: shoryuken.com/2017/10/07/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-discs-will-include-codes-to-download-the-character-dlc/
New costumes announced for Chun-Li, Alex, Karin, Kolin, Menat, Balrog and Birdie: gamer.ne.jp/news/201711200032/

Shirase and official name announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pTe3Fv-aXNo
Open Beta confirmed for December, 11 in 2017. Official Facebook page for feedback and news: facebook.com/ARIKAOfficial/
So far their plan is to launch with 10 characters and fill in the rest of the EX roster through "post-launch DLC."

The game will be released on February 15 in Japan. Limited edition will feature artbook with a new story by Kamachi and soundtrack.
Acqua of the Back, Kaori Kanzaki, Motoharu Tsuchimikado and Lessar confirmed as playable pilots. Opening Movie: youtube.com/watch?v=jFXUK9DC6G4

Version 4.0 is out. New charactr Misango announced: youtube.com/watch?v=JzH6wtGeaBM arms.nintendo.com/news/misango/

Noctis revealed as the third guest character coming as DLC: youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
Geese Howard gameplay exhibition: youtube.com/watch?v=epNA2TkePrM

Atom, Enchantress and the TMNT revealed as characters for the third Fighter Pack: youtube.com/watch?v=3rXE2RjinkU

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=es60KLszDFE

The first patch for Pokken DX was announced, and will add 3v3 support for friendly matches, CPU input playback for training mode, and new high rank rewards in group matches along with misc fixes and changes

Teaser trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=dwGw2MjakN8

Game confirmed for arcade only so far. Opening Movie: youtube.com/watch?v=wFR6IdCMhCs

DLC will end in 2017. Opoona themed costume for Marie Rose released for Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold users celebrating 10million downloads of Core Fighters version.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
youtube.com/watch?v=K9ziQzDusE4
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4
youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM
play.fightcade.com/
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/N9jMo
fig.co/campaigns/earth-romancer?r=backstage).
archive.is/Vh4Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=wPFUBiQwB2o
youtube.com/watch?v=RCpIZ7h7V14
steamcharts.com/app/520440
youtube.com/watch?v=HUxhl38EZT8
youtube.com/watch?v=3gNgRZ8-b1c
youtube.com/watch?v=DXtY2v443cg
youtube.com/watch?v=EYUR3F9FLps
youtube.com/watch?v=_oDlJy29LYQ
gamefaqs.com/boards/181157-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/74217774
mugenguild
8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-222#post-718580
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV.
Touhou 15.5: The Antinomy of Common Flowers was released. Doremy confirmed as a playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=OgN6ALghs04
TRAF: Suits of Fate: New build available for public and Early Access stated for Early 2018.
Punch Planet Steam Early Access page: store.steampowered.com/app/577970/Punch_Planet/
Cerebrawl v0.6.9 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=K9ziQzDusE4
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html Hippo in the 1.5 update: youtube.com/watch?v=Cdcr3T_0G_w
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Fantasy Strike new character Lum: youtube.com/watch?v=4c9n40tCxAo
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Them's Fightin Herds is out of NDA. Newest backer build: youtube.com/watch?v=UnkxIlI6IV4 Basics: youtube.com/watch?v=AkEH4vy3PXM

Fightcade2 is now on closed beta. Users from until 2014 have access to the new version. Download: play.fightcade.com/
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

>Previous thread: archive.is/N9jMo

Los Ingo/v/ernables demands your rare lewds of your favorite female fighters.

this random user demands that you shouldnt cuck yourself by exposing your waifu to random chubby autists on the internet

sup butterscotch cracker ass lil niggas who else finna be lit up rn?

So, with all the crossover characters in fighting games right now, who do you goyim want to see next? and in what game? Personally, I think that this is the perfect time to have fucking crazy characters. Even though it wont happen outside of a Capcom game, I'd love to see these two return.

Kazuma Kiryu in T7 like we were supposed to have instead of that waxed up fuckboy.

Forgot about him, if they do a second set of guest charactersafter they give away legacy characters for free that should've been in the game already Kazuma and Akira Yuki need to make it in

He's a SEGA character and they already have their own fighting game series
Virtua Fighter 5 was released in 2006. Let that sink in.

reposting from the previous thread because this is either promising or a catastrophe in the making
New Earth Romancer video. Apparently they're starting the crowdfunding on Fig, and man, I do not know what to make of it. The gameplay (vid related) looks pretty cool. It's different from Smash and that game's countless imitators to the point it actually does look like a hybrid game, but some of the other stuff is VERY dicey.
Your mileage may vary, but I think it looks promising. Then you get to the other stuff (fig.co/campaigns/earth-romancer?r=backstage).
Then there are the secondary character designs they flashed at the end of another video, which vary wildly in quality and art style. I'll post those in a moment.

I like the concepts behind golem girl and furry music druid, but they clash hard. Rabbit wizard is just bland, but at least he isn't as bad as Tumblr: The Character.

Chalcedony exists, I guess? I want to look forward to this, but God damn.

Can't wait to kick some kebab ass!

So apparently The Last Blade 2 just came out on steam. I remember emulating this on mame, was pretty fun.

Is it a ROM w/an emulator like DotEmu's Nebula?

It's a port of the PS4 version. They improved the netcode but it still is delay based and requires

It's a port of the PS4/Vita version with Samurai Shodown V Special PS4/Vita's netcode

re: CvS2 EO

You forgot to say "standard HOME platform." Big difference. KoFXI was a home PS2 release so it's what people got if they wanted to play the game with people from their homes. CvS2 MF vanilla was on DC first but didn't have online in the west (in Japan it did); XBL EO did. It's the best option Americans had to play another living person whenever they felt like so it's definitely the definitive build as far as the real market is concerned. Besides, the DC was DoA and everyone playing CvS2 at that point in time was burning it. Meanwhile EO enjoyed more than good enough popularity over here.

The PS2 did get Millionaire Fighting vanilla, maybe with online too, but Xbox Live was huuuuuge and EO was on that. I play both. CvS2 is CvS2 is CvS2; there are changes besides RCs being taken out (as the webms make obvious), even really nuanced stuff like cr. jab > strong being a more common link amongst the cast than it was in MaF. RCs being taken out wasn't as big of a deal as people STILL make it out to be, so what if it made certain characters seem more viable in a game that the west overall still doesn't know for shit to this day. Whining about RCs is tantamount to those Smash kids who pissed and moaned about every Smash after Melee not having wavedashing. It's menial. K-groove is the best groove in CvS2 MaF by far and doesn't even have rolls. If anything it made A groove even more busted and charge even more braindead.

tl;dr everyone who bitches about EO doesn't know jack shit about what EO actually changed other than muh RCs

yeah and it's godlike and has support for every early aught fighting game that isn't on FBA, but people pretend it doesn't exist because FGC topics are always overrun by stream monstering posers.

like demul is GODLIKE and has damn good netplay despite that one occasion that made me a pariah in all of planet Earth to this day let alone Fucking 4chan. me and CWheezy played a solid 5 matches roughly and the first two games were completely solid until people learned what desyncs really are. This was from opposite sides of the continental US when I was still on gatdamn high speed DSL, too. It's DAMN GOOD netplay. Got every version of GGXX, MvC2/CvS2, KoFXI, muh fuckin POWER STONE if people wanted to hop on that. It's good shit!

FREE RAD

free 8ch

archive.is/Vh4Sc
MvCI is the gift that keeps giving

I was thinking the same thing!

Japan's on the kebab quota now. That's just fuckin' peachy.
Wasn't an issue back then when they made the characters just for fun but seems like they're on the pander train now.

Was a bit worried that the shills might lose their unfair advantage head start and other players could have a chance.
Arc the Wew Lad

This is delicious.

I realize the animations in NRS games are bad because they really don't want to use anything that isn't a predefined animation rig, but what the fuck is with their facial animations?
Also this is more Holla Forums than /fgg/ but I'm really sick of this "Batman is hated by everyone of the batfamily" story everyone keeps imploying past arkham. I don't know why I even pirated this game, the singleplayer is still shit and MK9 was the best of the NRS games.

Can't wait.

look at this just look at it. say some shit about P groove SCs like there's anything wrong with our guy, Joe Higashi, the MAN, doing this kind of damage off a low hitconfirm. You Can't.

Not very knowledgeable about CG and animation, could you clarify?

I assume they mean some kind of script that dictates model movements rather than the 3D artists manually setting animations a frame at a time

I can't really explain it because I'm not knowledgeable either, but it seems to me like it's kind of like having a marrionette model that you can move various joints and limbs at instead of like what the other user has said where the artists move them.
You can see it some crouching animations where they can outright extend their legs without moving any other parts of their body. It's like fucking toribash without physics or something.

There's a youtube video going into detail about what's wrong with the game's animations and showcases one of the worst offenders.

That's what an animator said when he criticized NRS's shitty animations in some forum post I've read a long time ago. NRS characters don't move like a living being would move, they move like puppets on a string.

But what about the facial animations? Are they also using some sort of script for it or were they using mocap and the actors were just awful?
Also can I get a link to that video? Sounds interesting.

NRS has always had problems with faces, particularly for women, I remember in the PS2 games female characters always had manfaces.

My mistake, first he talks about everything about the animations and has an entire video dedicated to Erron Black.

I think what you're describing is the reuse of animation skeletons for the 3D models. Instead of using a unique skeletons for each character (because there's no way color-coded ninja #229 and Ferra/Tor move the same way, and there's no way a gunslinger like Erron Black would have an uppercut exactly like, say, Kotal Khan), NRS appears to have made a base rig for the core characters, then simply tweaked it slightly for larger or weirder characters.

The characters in MKX don't deform during their animations to the same extent as something like GGXrd, so the lack of unique elements in each skeleton can be partially disguised by having basic, unexciting animations which don't ask too much of the animation team. In 2D animation, you'd be able to use smear frames to increase fluidity, but 3D animation is much less forgiving unless you're using some extremely stylized shaders.

I haven't paid attention to the DLC, so I couldn't tell you if Alien or Predator have unique animation skeletons, but I doubt it.

I would post the forum cap the other post mentioned, but it's on a different computer. What the poster described was evidence that NRS animations are marionette-based rather than action figure-based (I forget the technical terms); if a character needs to punch, the animation will universally be a weak-ass punch which moves the arm and barely moves the body. Not awful for a jab, but it looks very stupid for heavier moves.

It's not as bad as raw ragdoll animation, but it's pretty bad.

why this game so good bros? CvS2 da GOD

last webm for today so admins don't hate me

*closes tab*

Kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=wPFUBiQwB2o

lmaooo go back to Holla Forums newkid *flips you off* this your first day on the internet? *cuts red tape* gratz

I started playing kof 14 two days ago and i love it because of how much movement variety there is in the game, jumping, running and rolling feels great, it's so good it makes me physically ill to play something slow like SF again. I'll actually put 14 on hold so i could play the FF, then AOF then the entire KOF series from the beginning. I wonder if there are other fightans with versatile movement like it.

I like the variety of movement in Killer Instinct, personally. They gave the one chick with the slowest move speed the farthest and fastest dash. And she's basically Sadako, what's not to love?

Have you never played anime games?

This IMO was the greatest fighting game ever made. I wish there was a way to play online

I've played Evil Zone.

And that's it? I'm honestly just baffled, since what you're describing is the core gameplay trait of anime fighters/airdashers. Melty Blood in particular is played at least half in the air, and every something simple like Guilty Gear Xrd has characters with weird movement options like teleports, rolls, etc. It affects the combos, too: a bug in the initial game which let one character super jump and still airdash was later codified as a gameplay mechanic; in Xrd, one of the new characters has character-specific IAD loops and can position points on the screen to ricochet between like a pinball on a table.

So, yeah, airdashers are what you're looking for if you like movement.

Which do you prefer?

I'm not nearly as perturbed by bat-top vs. ball-top.

Single stick for sure. Two sticks just seems unnecessary for fighters.

Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

you wanna fight

There's:

Dolphin netlay (EO)
Demul netplay (MaF)
Japan release on DC should even work to this day since it's just "plug your console in the phone jack" style online. same goes for Mark of the Millennium PS2, I doubt it was server based. even so there are private servers for old PS2 games meant for the original hardware like MGO Subsistence and RE Outbreak.

CvS2 needs a Steam release badly tho

From experience Dolphin netplay works really REALLY well and GC games emulate just fine on toaster hardware. I played a little Melee with some killers in IRC a while back, runs great and the online is top notch. Demul's is impressive too, coast-to-coast and still playable for 2 out of 5 games (is probably fluid within say, a pan of 4-6 states, same-state is probably near offline quality but idk). and trust me I been begging for sum CvS2 Online official since SF4 days but it's probably a licensing nightmare for the time being given how that contract worked back then.

Real Bout FF Special and 2 are GREAT and have players on FBA.

I see nothing egregious about I2 facial animation. I think NRS has improved in that regard quite a bit.

I understand and agree with most of this but I don't understand his comparison with the SF games as MK has slower frame data, not exactly sure the same principle would apply. Tekken animates the same way but they actually used actual martial artists for mocap which would probably solve the jank for NRS. Some characters are fine though (I can't see the issue with Kung Lao, Sub or Raiden). Reptile's fighting style is just flailing his limbs and it looked great in that regard.

bumpin some more patented SNK jamz fore I make like a baby and head out in a sec

gatdangit didn't mean to post, was tryna figure out how to embed multiple YT links oh well youtube.com/watch?v=RCpIZ7h7V14

Where can I find really good Garou character tutorials?

How's the online life for Xrd Rev 2 on PC? Will I have trouble finding online fights in the foreseeable future?

steamcharts.com/app/520440

Also I should point out that rev 2 is DLC and doesn't show numbers on steamcharts.

That's why I'm hoping somebody who has the game can verify if it's easy or difficult to find games online.

Supergirl, Superman, Cyborg and Wonder woman stand out to me the most as having terrible facial animations. Supergirl in particular looks like she's gotta take a shit in every frame and she's the one who has the most face closeups in the story mode.

from what I've seen Rev1 Steam enjoys an average of 100+ players any given time. couldn't speak for Rev2 but it's a paid expansion for Rev1 anyway; you could always get your hands on Rev1 and see how active that is before you decide if Rev2 is even necessary.

nullDC/training mode.exe

Sadria is a Thai.

You'll need to use the (((Discord))) to find matches, but finding a player lobby is usually pretty easy. You may need to troubleshoot your router ports and other assorted bullshit when you get the game, though - sometimes it just doesn't work, like in my case. I'm lucky enough to have a local group but if online play is one of the reasons you want to buy it, you should check to see if the game actually works online for you within the first two hours so you can get your money back if it doesn't.

Talking shit about other games is not going to make MvC:I good. No matter how hard you try.

That weeb again. Haha his butt hurt always amuses me.

Venom was the only good looking character, relatively, of the 3 recently revealed.
And yet, he looks so fucking sterile and generic. MvC:I just feels like prototype gameplay with placeholder models. They look so fucking outsourced its palpable.
His new lvl 3 is a generic command grab too. What a fucking bore.
Marvel is truly a shit series. I hope Capcom does another vs instead.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom was amuch more enjoyable and rich game where the characters had personality. in Marvel they're all bland as fuck.

the playerbase is pretty stable. there are generally 3 or 4 rooms with players during the day and the east coast lobby gets about 20+ people on most nights, with more around the weekend obviously. ranked is still broken but beyond that, finding matches is never too difficult.

there's a motw (((discord))) that has very comprehensive resources

Well, it was enjoyable while it lasted, but I simply don't have the time to be getting in one to three hours of practice in this, each day, and going to events in my days off.

what game are you playing? 3 hours a day is a bit much unless you're planning to be a fulltime tourneyfag

Funny you say that because XIV is one of the slowest KOFs widescreen and slower walkspeed. You'll have a blast playing Extra Eiji in 98UMFE since he can walk backwards faster than some characters can run. Also probably you won't like the first games since the jumping and rolling stuf came only in '96.

Well, I don't know about people from USA but in Brazil, SEGA consoles were very popular rereleases of Master System and that new Mega Drive are still one of the top selling consoles in the country so I know a bunch of people that still play MvC2 and CvS2 on their Dreamcasts. As for me, I played the shit of CvS2 in the arcades near home but never really liked the competitive play. SNK characters don't feel like themselves, SNK grooves are "weird" and top tiers were boring. But since the most popular machines were CvS2, MvC2 and KOF2002, I played those three with my friends and the other people there at the arcade.

But I don't know, maybe it might be fun to try Nakoruru and Hibiki again and see if Athena actually pla~
Yeah, good luck and have fun. I'll pass.

>Whining about RCs is tantamount to those Smash kids who pissed and moaned about every Smash after Melee not having wavedashing.
Don't know about the WiiU one but Brawl is pretty shit regardles.

> I'm really sick of this "Batman is hated by everyone of the batfamily" story everyone keeps imploying past arkham.
I thought Cass liked Bruce. Damian and Dick too but I have no idea about Rebirth or Injustice2.

NRS games behave differently in regards to frame data. Positive and negative just means you can't attack but you can block and grab anyway. Combos are done by canceling certain moves and juggling.

As long as you're having fun and notice your mistakes, you'll get better over time. I don't really practice in most fighters unless it's something more technical like Arcana Heart.

Fuck instant while running jesus christ

I'm not new, this is all old to me. I'm referring to his complaint about MK not having the two key frames for every normal animation like in SF when the fastest (at best) normal in MK is 6f.

Better buy those comics, goy.

And a Capcom character made it in despite them having their own fighting game franchise. I'm not sure what your point is.

Pokken. Not because it's particularly good, but because I don't have access to something like Virtua Fighter, or Third Strike (the games I'd actually want to get into)
And see, you say that, but that's more or less the path I would be going down. I tend to throw myself in to anything I do, and strive to reach my maximum potential. For me, "gitting gud" is the best reward for anything. So the logical progression for my current skill level is to get offline practice in. Too many dropped inputs and missed reactions.

It's just kind of how I am, and the people in my Main's discord took notice too, since I was improving at an alarming rate. So just cutting back on practice wouldn't be acceptable to me, since I always strive to keep pushing myself. Hence why I wind up playing for hours a day.
Which wouldn't be a problem, if I still had absolutely nothing going on in my life.

I appreciate it, but I'm already aware of that, and for me that isn't enough. "Attaining maximum potential" is when I stop practicing something, or challenging myself with it.

I read the comics of the first year and thought it was pretty good honestly. Has some memorable moments

I'm retarded enough for caring about a throwaway barely fleshed out story in an NRS game, you think I'm going to bother looking up the comics?

Unless you literally lack a PC, which I somehow doubt unless you're phoneposting, you have access to 3S.

idk about pokken, but most of the best gg players are japanese salarymen who just play a bit at the arcade everyday after work. lost soul: arguably the best american gg player barely plays at all anymore b/c of work and still destroys everyone in the few tournaments he manages to attend.
there's also tokido who managed to be one of the top players in both sf4 & kof while going to uni. if you're really passionate about improving, just try to optimize your practice into the most effective hour you can.

Oh, sorry then. But I think NRS games behave more like 3D fightans but in 2D space. The "key frame" stuff wouldn't be so weird if they animated characters like Tekken, Virtua Fighter or DOA.

Oh, just Injustice then. You also have Barbara without any context in the first game and Cassandra in the mobile one. Are they in the comics at least?

SEGA is holding him off for the great revival of the Virtua Fighter franchise …right? ;_;

I know FBA is no "original arcade" and it feels different from the 360/PS3 release but you can play that one. There's a guy in this thread shilling a non-arcade standard version of CvS2, so, why not try to get good at the "Fightcade version"?
I think VF5FS is doable in the new version of that PS3 emulator.

It does work very well and if you're not running a toaster you can get constant 60 FPS no problem, only thing that still needs fixing is that colors are fucked up

While I do enjoy InJUSTice 2, the plot is a mess thanks to DC, WB and NRS not talking to each other, I guess.
It is not a great game. But can be fun.

Linux + craptop toaster.
Can't afford a new PC yet. Can't risk botching this one in an attempt to set up dual booting.

I already fill that time up with something else, is the thing.
Like, if someone's passionate about something, you can only really have one "thing" that you do. And mine's already taken, with my comic.

I might get back into it, I might optimize my practice time, but I see no point in getting to that skill level. See, everything I normally do, outside of Pokken, inentionally contributes to the comic. Be it reading manga and comics, having discussions online dissecting forms of media, or just relaxing in order to not overdo it and prepare myself for another one to three hour session of working on this week's page.
And I'm just making the best decision I can, given all the factors I have going on.

Fightcade runs on linux just fine and how much of a toaster you have that don't run an almost 20 year old 2D game?

Fightcade runs on linux just fine and how much of a toaster you have that can't run an almost 20 year old 2D game?

Didn't know that. I'll take a look into it, at some point, then.

you're my favorite. pls keep posting

you wish it was arcade standard if you OG enough to remember CvS1/2 being brand new and people bein like "Kyo is butt because his punch ranbu should OTG"

you can SC out of the first hit of the last phase of his fierce rekka, but I can only land it into this Super (so it of course whiffs). trying to do orochinagi afterwards either just doesn't work or is hard as balls.

why are middle eastern girls displayed blue in some games? That blue skin really turns me off.

That Mushiki looks like crap though.

Maybe the Jappos don’t know the difference between Islam and Hinduism.

the fuck's a Mushiki

anyway if that aint enough then hold this exhibit B where I OTG while you OTG

It's the name of Kyo's punch DM.

o ty g2know

tbh it makes me sad to get so hype at finding EO-only P groove tech when normally I'm all about them SNK groove Iori run short/hop/jump in/blockcommand grab mixups. been theory fighting an S groove team with him/Ryu/maybe Guile but I can't remember if S-groove has RCs. in theory input-wise they should be there and maybe even have better invuln than they have in C/A/N grooves. haven't practiced those in ages, though.

What're the more played games on Fightcade? I'm thinking of downloading it but I just figured I'd see what's popular and if it's hard to find games to play online.

nigga how are you so cheap that you can't afford to download something for free in the amount of time it took you to make this post. why are you so free.

Fuck I love the Mu Shiki. All of his other moves have numbering and stance names, but this one, 'No Style' is just a punch

"Fuck you I don't need the Kusanagi style to cave your face in"

Why are all middle eastern girls in fighting games disgusting greasy thots

Why are none of them pure

I only cared about this shit because of the costumes. I heard something about MK11 getting announced but Injustice still seems new.

I make post

Very nice, that's on my backlog. Guess imma download it.

I didn't know if it showed them if it didn't have the roms.

Don't forget they retcon Damian's story in the second game so it makes no sense with what was established in the comic or in the first game.

How so?

That moment when you've put at least 1000 hours into the guilty gear series but never really payed too much attention to the story but you randomly find yourself looking at the wiki during thanksgiving to pass time and then you find out your main who you always thought was a human fighting among gears was a gear the whole time. I dont know how i feel about this, its really weird. It's like I just found out terry bogard is gay.

let me guess, you main Sol or Ky?

I think a lot of people who play the fighting games don't keep up with the story

sounds like you don't keep up with your guilty gear lore

well fuck me then. Who do you main?

The comic establishes that Superman and his regime go to Arkham to purge some criminals. Batman and crew go to stop it. Fighting ensues till Nightwing pisses Damian off till Damian throws an escrima stick at the back of his head. Causing Nightwing to fall over and break his neck. That was the moment Damian was dead to Bruce and he wanted nothing to do with him. Then Injustice 2 has it go as just Damian and Batman confronting Superman, Batman beats Supes, Damian kill Zsazz to show he believes in Superman's cause, then he gets whisked away to the regime.

a-cho battle movie

USF4 ランダム2on2大会(2017.11.19) - 55:26 - ( youtube.com/watch?v=HUxhl38EZT8 )

USF4 PP25000以下限定大会(2017.11.19) - 44:04 - ( youtube.com/watch?v=3gNgRZ8-b1c )

MBAACC『月光再輝2017』3on3大会(2017.11.4) - 3:38:24 - ( youtube.com/watch?v=DXtY2v443cg )

MBAACC『月光再輝2017』大☆同キャラ戦(2017.11.3) - 2:23:23 - ( youtube.com/watch?v=EYUR3F9FLps )

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] 1on1大会(2017.11.18) - 42:28 - ( youtube.com/watch?v=_oDlJy29LYQ )

Buy USFIV or not? It looks like the game has shitload of DLCs isn't there a complete edition? I don't want to support Capcom by any means but because of regional price the game is like $3 here

Also what Arcsystem game is worth buying except Rev? Complete version of Rev(GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- Deluxe + REV2 Deluxe (All DLCs included) All-in-One) is too expensive for me atm. BBCF?

Yes, it also has more players online than mvci.
They're just costumes, ultra has most of them already anyway.

I have so many questions about this game, like how did they even manage to localize it, why'd they release it on a console with little to no other fighting games, or why the fuck did they even make it in general, but I can tell this game is gonna be so much fun that none of it matters.

I know they're mostly costumes but if there's a chance I can get everything the game has for cheap I'd rather do that. Are good costumes included? If it doesn't only have like that furry costume pack it's okay

if you're, recall to separate drives between OSes: Windows in particular selfishly overwrites partitions.

those non hooktube links are disgusting

Buy it, it's cheap. You can also mod it if you don't like something.

That has Sagat's worst costume…

Yes, I think the only ones not included were some Halloween and animal ones. You can add the dlc anyway through other means that isn't very difficult to do.

Some are good, some are trash. But every character has about the same amount with the vanilla SF4 console characters having one extra. (unless SFV where Chun gets new costume everyday)

Do you mean the boriga/bodega(Aragami/Dokugami) rekkas? And yes I am. I only ever really played CvS1 and 2 on arcades And Kyo wasn't the only thing they (and me) bitched Holy shit how they botched Athena in that game worse than KOF2003 and XI .
>Why are hops so weird? I don't even remenber if there are hyperhops in the SNK grooves
I don't really hate the game. I just think it's not the holy grail everyone think it is but never really played. Like Garou but the vs. series and made by Capcom. I remember maining mostly Nakoruru/Kyo/Hibiki on N or P groove.

By losing one of the most fun characterts.

windows overwrites the vfat e200 efi partition with its own shit

the common practice is to install windows at the end of the drive, then mount the same efi partition as /boot/EFI as a grub2 install target

Food for thought.
What if SFV:AE made street fighter good again?

Why should a person go back to buying capcom products when they show they have no intention on maintaining your hypothetical quality or haven't admitted to making any mistakes, businesswise or mechanically?

Instant Shining Wizard is the most finicky bullshit input in the world.

Currently fucking around in ppsspp T6. Is it this fucking bullshit in Tekken 7?

It's been that way since iWR has become relevant to combos

Know what I fear user?
Capcom will at some point become desperate and make something that people want. Mega Man Legends 3, an actual Lost Planet 3, a new Darkstalkers or Bionic Commando, Dragon's Dogma 2, or any of the clover studios games.
And regardless of whatever quality that game will be of, faggot normalfags will go MAN OH MAN IT'S LIKE THE 90'S CAPCOM IS BACK BABY.
Why? Because fucking inafune probably gave Capcom way too much credit in that blunder of his.
And then we're in for another billion years of shit from them, fitan or not.

It's like NISA. With the small tiny chance that they don't fuck up for one game, giving them money for it would just go towards destroying other games or fucking over consumers instead going towards more good games. No point in paying for it, they don't learn.

Especially doesn't matter since Arika is continuing the best part of street fighter without capcom anyways.

If you're trying to do it at the end of the combos it's easier in T7 because screws in general leave your opponent further away than bound. Otherwise it's still the same

Well hopefully enough people have learned from SFV and MVCI and, if not, then hopefully DMC5:DmC2 will do the trick.

And i just actually bought the game as i wasn't even aware there was a steam sale going on.

If you're picking up Rev2, you want the GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- (+DLC Characters) + REV 2 All-in-One (does not include optional DLCs) pack, the deluxe includes mostly just stuff you can get by fishing or extra colors, not super important stuff. BBCF is about the same price if you get Jubei, if you're really looking to save money and get an arcsys game people still give a shit about, your only real option is Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R. The netcode sucks hard and there's no tutorial, but the fighting system is excellent and there's good learning resources online.

That happened to me with a different game, I refunded it and bought it again for the sale price. I'm sure you could too if you wanted to save the money.

I actually pirated it first

It's like the input rules change every time. I do it with f, n, ff+34 four times in a row and then I can't fucking do it at all. Sometimes the slow input works, sometimes it doesn't.

I don't understand.

This drops the price to the point that I can buy it actually. By fishing you mean a minigame I think?

The question is to either buy GGRev or BBCF now then, I assume I will go with Rev I always hear people talking about Guilty Gear not Blazblue

You most likely fuck up pressing the last f and 3+4 at the same time

gamefaqs.com/boards/181157-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/74217774

So, the key is to do it Sanic fast?

that's not even half of it, and you're assuming it's a new UEFI motherboard (non legacy). Always separate drives, it'll save you corruption considering even ext3/4 has it's quirks. ZFS today is the best FS ever, and it's that selfish too.

Yeah, but there are shortcut buffers. Just go do it in training mode later and read the input history to see what I mean. You'll notice that sometimes you can trigger it without doing the full second input.

do the whole thing like it's a single motion basically. also learn to do button holds, it will make everything easier down the line

if we lure Whip out of her home position we can allow K' to enter parallel universes

Nope, can't do it.
I don't understand why would snk lie to people that there is mechanic in the game when it literally can not be done.

Just got it out by continuously spamming dragon punch only to be met with this shit.
Also, fuck playing this game on a keyboard, I'm actually managing to pull this shit off with my old ass analog controller.

tks dnopls
tbph, we should have a thread @ >>>/fighters/ for when Twitter bans your acc.

joystick & kb, best combo

Nobody in this thread would ever admit it even if it somehow did.

Is there any hope for someone that can't complete a full set of challenges for any character on USFIV or even SFV? I enjoy both games but feel like I should be able to complete at least one set, Jesus Christ. Plus I can't shake the smash the button I want to hit and always end up countered on whatever game I play.

What's worth getting on the PS4? I had XRD back in the day but I let my friend borrow it and he liked it way more than I did so I let him keep it.

Are you playing on pad or stick? I was a not very good smashfag before I started playing Xrd, and trying to complete even basic motions on a D-pad made me question my life choices. Once I got a stick, it became much easier, even if my innate dislike of certain motions makes them harder than they otherwise would be.

There's always hope if you disavow bad games, user.

Xrd is still good, and you can get a physical version of Rev 2 to bypass the Steam DLC snafu. Otherwise, there's KoF XIV (no longer exclusive). I'm unfamiliar with the console, though, so there may be something I'm missing.

what is your keyboard layout, here is mine i can put combos like this one easily

XIV has a weird keyboard input reader but it's not a lie. Shortcuts just means it's an alternate easier way to do it but you can just do it fast. Also, read the OP
>KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
Shortcuts makes Elisabeth's Trials in XIII from impossible to just "finger breaker" tier.

Would you play?

Updated my mains list since I've been getting into DOA, bought it for Marie Rose but ended up liking Helena and fucking loving Sarah. Also changed my +R main to Testament since I don't really play May anymore in AC or Xrd.

Sort of a minigame, it's just slots for ingame content, most of which is only important if you're into the GG universe as much as you are actually playing the game. You can just use cheat engine and give yourself a bunch of the ingame credits and all you'll be missing out on is the system voices from just going through the gallery and buying what you want.
Personally, I think that Guilty Gear is a much better series than Blazblue. I find BB to mostly be a soulless game with a lot of characters that, gameplay wise, don't have a strong fundamental design at their core and thus have to rely on their in-built gimmicks to have a fighting chance in a game that has much harsher tiers than those of GG. I also don't find much appeal in BB character designs, only really liking a handful of them; most all of the cast of GG I like from a gameplay standpoint and character design standpoint.

Most everything is on PC too at this point, SamShoVSp plays better on PS4 than on fightcade but has way worse netcode, GGXrd Rev2 is actually on sale this week for $16 digital so that is probably worth getting, Nitro+ Blasterz is fun, there's a few games that are JP only at the moment like UNIST that are awesome but may be a minor hassle to purchase if you're not already set up with a JP account.

If it played kinda like P4AU I'd play it and have an absolute blast.

If bamco isn't the publisher yeah.

Wsad for movement, numpad 7845 for kicks and punches.

Actually i made a mistake in that pic this one should make more sense.

Don't you feel like the numpad buttons are too cramped?

Also don't feel bad about the SNK inputs, i think KOF has always had the shortest input buffer and some of the hardest timings of all the games i play, i dont like rewarding muscle memory as much as i would prefer games having more mixup options and mindgames and KoF really does deliver in the first one and lacks more on the second.

Am I going crazy? Why is Dizzy's vest or corset or whatever missing? Is this some amazing glitch?

I basically stopped playing and took screenshots trying to find a frame where she held still and this is the only one I got in the middle of the fight.

Not a glitch, easter egg, it dissapears in future rounds if you use her IK

We need more easter eggs like this.

I thought it was from her doing a hell fire super or whatever.

Remember when every character in SF had about the same number of alt costumes?

Why does it seem that high-execution characters are usually high tier?

That would be nice, but I still wouldn't trust Capcom. For that they would need to have a decent streak of good games and non-jewish practices.

Xrd has things like this, like how Ky's hair opens up under certain circumstances.

It's hellfire gamma ray, burns away her clothes to get her old design.

I don't know anything about the series so the roster would have to catch my attention.

This tekken stream is making me super thirsty

Jam has different color panties depending on the day of the week

Evil Zone had that 20 years ago.

It's the natural tendency of things. If you make a barrier hard to pass, then obviously it must be worth passing.

In the arcade version, the song changes to Holy Orders, too.

Because dead simple characters tend to get their time to shine earlier.
It also depends heavily on the balancing philosophy of the dev, in GGXrd Ky and Faust tend to be fairly strong picks as they don't get hit very heavily, staying right about where they are or slowly creeping up in power while other characters get changed more heavily, be it nerfs or buffs. Sometimes even a design that was supposed to be simple can end up complex and difficult to play in practice due to having a lot of weird tech that ended up pushing them to the next level. That's kind of how things ended up with Potemkin in GGXXAC, where he had an unblockable loop that had character specific timing on the whole cast.

Ah thats right, misremembered. Oops

I just wish they didnt use HO3 for that, the intro's way too long for a song that activates mid-match.
Either use HO1/2 or make a HO4.

What do you think about SFxTekken? I remember I played this game when it came out and thought it was stupid, like selling combos, really stupid choices like fucking Steve having a projectile. I also wasn't interested in 2d fighters but I'm trying to get into them now, is it worth giving a try

Looks like KOF will have another manga. Now a japanese one.

The PC version has a mod so you can unlock the PS3 characters and the DLC ones afaik.
My friend has the game on the PS3, he got for less than U$5 and we said fuck it for the DLC characters. Sometimes during our locals, we casually play the game but no one got really into. Just like MK9 we just put so 4 can play at once. At least Ibuki is herself in that game other than in SFV.

pls like comment and subscribe. srry for borders, haven't found good freeware for crop/zoom

it's a fun enough game tbh. sadly underrated in my opinion, Asuka is mega fun in that game in ways far different from Tekken and very unconventional from most 2D FG characters. Law's cool too. the Capcom side is literally cookie cutter but tag-in synergy plays a big part and there's magic series combos.

Which one?

I love this timeline.

They're booth babes paid by namco.

in the end they're all just thots

There were also a bunch of actual players, including a girl team. The booth babes were destroyed by one girl Asuka player.

Girls playing fighters? Rarer than unicorns…

She's Southeast Asian you retarded fuck

Shills on suicide watch and DBFZ isn't even out yet.

That's pretty transphobic, user. :^)

skip to 8:20

i wouldn't be so sure since it seems asian and these can be anything

Absolutely nobody wants to pick a high execution character with mediocre or bad payoff, you're going to constantly ask yourself why you bother. High execution also usually means the character's less stable and can be afforded a bit more power because of it, and usually means few people play the char so the matchup is relatively less well known. Pretty sure most games still have a relatively simple and straightforward but top or near top tier character for people who want a more fundamental playstyle.

I've seen that set before. So tense in the end.
btw I've never seen that M.BISON player lose. Who is he and why is he such a god?

Nigger we have anons who regularly use smh, tbh, fam, thicc, etc. unironically. It's too late to care about niggerspeak.

what a shame smh tbh fambalam

tbh I should know better. I'm sorry I upset you fam

Not really.

Kagemaru is a god.

traps?

Unbad RAD and give nicknames back.

Tekken must have the most girls cause they were plentiful on that stream. Really cute ones too.

Is fapping to her gay? I've been trying some of her challenges and I like how she plays, despite how easy she is. Also her theme is a 10/10.

>her
No matter how you slice it (in this case magically), If they were born with a dick, and you were born with a dick, then it's fucking gay to fap to

>Sexy girl with big tits and not even any benis
youd be gay for NOT fucking her

It's biologically female now, so it's probably not gay.

Spiritually you are gay

Not gay, its a girl just has a guys brain/mind.

Did the magics change its genes? Is it xy?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why don't grills wear clothes that reveal their bare shoulders?

Of all the character gimmicks to make a generic waifu stand out, genderswapping is among the dumbest. Literally nothing noteworthy about this character's backstory exists outside of them having had a penis at some point.

Probably not as comfortable/secure with no strap.

Kill these gayboys.

Damn son.

Magical tranny bro, she's biologically female now. Literally nothing gay about it.

No fuck off cakeboy.

DELETE THIS

Stay mad because science factually dictates you're wrong.

SF4 Ibuki >>>>>>>> SFV Ibuki

Anybody know where I can find the version of P:M that has Lyn in it?

what about mark?

dont you support your fellow fgc trannys?

Anybody have that webm of the commentator who finds out Bridget is a boy mid-match?

I need this.

What a revelation user, truly a one-of-a-kind occurence.

I fucking love her nice choice user

Jesus fucking Christ. Truly we are blessed to have a game where anyone can be the next Diego.
Was this broadcast on tv? I'd love to see the whole thing with sound.

What the fuck am i watching?

You know a character is complex when two hands are needed on the buttons to do combos.

How the fuck is this real.

Muffled jungle drums playing in the distance.

Meanwhile, EH is writing all these pro-KoF fluff pieces. Also…
I'M NUCLEEAAAAAAAR

Are you retarded

ok then

When Geese trailer was about 2 weeks old it had about 1m views IIRC. I don't like the character but it looks like they made a good choice. I wish they brought back some of the old character though, T7 doesn't have female characters I like playing except for Nina and MRaven and Panda

NO

combos like these are easily done on a keyboard or a hit box

the layout is from an azerty keyboard

SF and skullgirls : q/w/e
kof : q/w
arc sys games : a

SF and skullgirls : asd
kof : a/s
arc sys games : s

blazblue : C -> D , drive button-> Z
arcana heart : homing ->a , fierce ->D , arcana : E

rest of the arc sys games : i can't rememmber tbh

button combinations :
SF's Px3 : R , Kx3 : T
kof's Px2 : E , Kx2 : R
blazblue A+B+C+D : T
rest : i can't rememmber

Why the fuck am I starting to find Nuclear Negro cute?

It feels like this is staged, holy shit that's bad. Is this real?

>>>/gay/

The sales are necessary, my m8. Not so much as direct funding for the game, but to validate the decision making capabilities of the dev team in front of the investors. Shit like this is what keeps Harada in control.
The game has a shit ton of flaws and the content is lacking on many fronts, but the focus is still on gameplay and I'm sure it will stay that way as long as the slightly russiaboo faggot is in charge.

But Noctis isn't gonna generate sales. Most Tekken players already bought the season pass like good goys and he'd barely generate any extra sales individually.
Why would final fantasyfags buy a fighting game for one final fantasy character when they have their own fighting game with an entire cast of final fantasy characters? Sure Noctis generates more attention than anyone else because the "what the fuck" aspect of his inclusion but it's not gonna generate into any major sales.

Attention on a non-broken product always generates sales. You're also underestimating the buyfag compulsion of FF fags, specially the more recent ones. Noctis is very popular and this younger and more casual players are very wallet-happy. This will do alright.

I hope they end up delivering some of the older characters, mainly Lei, the others are kind of replaceable.

S T O P

I disagree

is right. they managed to put in Star Wars characters in soul calibur and look how that IP turned out in its attempt to copy from other games instead of being itself. It will generate sales but it won't garner a long term audience like almost every other guest character in every other fighting game.
I think the big thing that boosted the Tekken 7 sales was SFV just absolutely shitting the bed so hard people migrated to it. But even then is there really any guarantee that the old SF fans are going to stay with tekken if Capcom decides to make a good game?

SC died when they dump they whole roster for a cast of poorly throughout animu cliches. The game was also one of the most Singleplayer-focused fighting games there was and it transitioned poorly to the border-line multiplayer only route the genre has taken. There was a competitive scene to keep it going for a while, but the bulk of the fans wanted their characters and the SP modes.
It is a different situation entirely, Tekken has always been about competition.

there's a weebshit segment of the tekken fanbase that i think western fightanfags, including myself don't necessarily understand.
alisa was the second most popular character at master cup and the last tekken movie was like 90 minutes highschool moe pandering with her and ling. you barely see her played at all in the west. hopefully we get some legacy characters in the next year or two, and considering the way that the game has developed up until console release it might even be likely, but more than anything i just want more stage variety. i really think that the current jack/dragunov/kazumi meta has a lot to do with the lack of specialized stages that benefit other characters.

I'll tell you what I want right now.

Earthworm Jim in Smash.

LOL

Wrong thread crap for brains.

I really wanna get into KOF but the only character that every really clicked with me is Terry, and I don't know who else to put on the team. Does anyone have any recommendations for KOF14 characters that a beginner can pick up?

I used to have a chart saved showing which characters were beginner friendly. I don't have it now, but just know that if you're new, Chin, Choi, and Angel are among the hardest to play.

So this needs context.
Amazing race went to south korea for the second to last episode. They did korea related challenges and having to beat a korean pro in street fighter 5 was one of the challenges. It was basically random of who got to fight so you couldn't really pick who got to fight them (which is why the mom on one of the teams took forever to win).

The game went something like this
first 20 games: play normally
next 20 games: pro had to play with 1 hand behind his back
rest of the the games: pro had to play blindfolded and one handed.

because of this, that girl actually picked a decent strat of button mashing and I believe spent the lowest amount of time in this challenge (around 50 games I think, and her team was the first to get to the challenge). The guy in the rainbow hat played street fighter 2 a long time ago so his strategy was basically trying to remember how to play chun li which wasn't really working out for him. Once he saw the girl beat the pro, The guy in the hat then started button mashing and won 2 games after the blindfold.

Much later in the episode when only the mom was left, the team who got lost in Korea finally showed up. The guy who played knew how to played and the pro even commented on how he didn't need any tips. Sadly on the moms 100th try she finally beat the pro and the new guy took around 25 tries. He was the only one that didn't need the pro to be blindfolded. Sadly because that team wasted so much time trying to find out where the hell they were in Korea, they lost the episode and got knocked out even though they finished the challenge the fastest.

Jesus, how could the execs possibly be that stupid?

Robert , Ryo , kim , classic kyo , not sure but i might add kula too.

Those would be good non-gookclick rts and 4x games. We just saw that somebody who hasn't touched a videogame before in their life can beat another playing by buttonmashing, how is that not proof enough?
The fact that he had to be blindfolded and use only one hand is fucking embarrassing though, and not helping my point.

If you mean that list saiying that have Chang, Vice and Geese as beginner friendly but not fucking Iori and Terry don't look for it. That was bull and EH were stupid as usual to spread that notion. Even that stupid "play these if you came from Street Fighter" SRK did once was better.
I might make a new one when I get home but if you want (character select order),

Benimaru, Sylvie, Iori, Mature, Kim, MuiMui, Love Heart, Shun'ei, Clark, Billy, Terry, Andy, Joe, King, Mai, Athena, Ryo, Robert, Rock Howard

Kyo, Goro Daimon, Kukri, Zarina, Bandeiras, Vice, Gang-Il, Luong, Ramon, King of Dinosaurs, Chang, Tung, Meitenkun, K', Kula, Maxima, Ralf, Leona, Geese, Hein, Alice, Kensou, Yuri, Yamazaki, Antonov, Verse

Mian, Nelson, Angel, Nakoruru, Xanadu, Choi, Chin, Whip, Vanessa

At least they picked the most beginner friendly game for them to play

that would be kinda cool, but I said fighting games

Gimme Metal Slug team on KOF

tbh would be a good idea since Metal slug XX has the ikari warriors characters

Snk vs capcom vs marvel vs Dc vs sega vs nintendo vs bandai vs Valve vs Bethesda when ?

tbh i'd really like CvS3 to come with a nice roaster , speaking of roaster i cringe when i see both ryu and chun li in the capcom crossover fighting games can't they just replace these 2 with something else ?

Try it: mugenguild .com/forum/topics/ikemen-table-contents-please-read-first-175520.0.html

What you really would want is a SvC Chaos 2, or, hell, I would love to see a SEGA vs KOEI TECMO. I mean, that VF DOA cooperation must go somewhere… Right?

My grandmother watches that show and I've seen it a few times over the years. The challenges are meant to be hard and the fun of the show is watching people fail at them over and over again. Given what I've seen on there this actually isn't that hard. Usually they have them jumping off tall buildings or doing other shit that causes people to quit in fear. Compared to that stuff sitting down to play a video game is nothing.

Better yet, anyone have the recording of Aris fawning over a kawaii Jap trap while commentating TTT2 before being told it was a male?

This?

they should just delay the patch honestly.

Jesus…

can someone tell me what games of the blazblue IP i need to buy?
so far i have blazbue calamity trigger and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
and whats up with the EXTEND ones?

EXTEND are like "GOTY" editions of said title. Comes with every DLC and few new things like story bits and one or two new characters.
As "need to buy", just Central Fiction with Jubei on PC. Mai and Es on PS4 if you didn't get them when they were free. The rest you can just pirate for the Story mode.
The order is:

You'll probably get the waifu team

does he learn it a at some point in the video?

Thinking about picking up Tekken. Any advantage to getting it on ps4 instead of pc?

He knew all along.

consoles are generally more convenient for local-play

Take it from a fellow Tekken newfag: play Tekken 6 or Tekken Tag 2. The input lag makes T7 feel like dogshit.

what are the odds of them making Blazblue Central Fiction Extend?

I think none. The game has more than one year in the consoles and is up to date with its arcade version that is two years old Announcer files for Jubei were already in the disk of the release version. Almost every character the fans demanded is already playable and the main story about Ragna that started in CT concluded. Besides, the "main BB Team" is developing the new crossover BBTAG.
Mori is busy with something though

Maybe you just prefer straightforward characters.

The input lag on PC is not anymore significant than on any other game.

I've only played it on PS4 and it felt terrible, and the PC version has Denuvo, which is even worse. While I know the PC version is faster, Xrd has 1f of input lag due to being made in Unreal 3; given that game is my standard, I'm very critical of input lag in other games.

Tekken 7 on consoles has input lag, while on PC it has none.

PC it is then.

Just make sure you pirate it and play with friends offline.

8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-6-discussion.16355/page-222#post-718580

Huh, and I was just watching one of Aris's videos about Soul Calibur. Who is this poster and why should I believe him? You can't just spew a random link to a forum I've never heard of and expect me to believe you.

Interesting. Frightening, considering SC2 had no meter or fancy mechanics. Don't know what to think until I see it in motion.

That does get me thinking, though - has there ever been an example of a fightan series starting with many mechanics, then removing them in later iterations and being better for it? Many games introduce new mechanics and keep them in future iterations, but has a game ever been bettered by saying "man, that was a horrible idea" and pruning swaths of the mechanics?

considering that the xx series had 4 frames of delay and pretty much every arcade fighter has 2+ (not including display lag which is tangible), your standard isn't in line with the reality of these games.

the only thing ps4 has is the custom soundtrack and arguably a bigger playerbase. the only other reason to pick it up is if you're an aspiring tourneyfag and want to play on the competitive standard

True. I've been spoiled by modern technology.

Pure lag on the arcade versions of XX was always 2 frames until they normalized it with console for AC+R.

Gonna take more than dubs to sell me on this one.

is the steam version of KoF 02 a decent port or should I stick with Fightcade?

Play on Fightcade, buy the Steam version if you want to give money to SNK.

gothca, I wen't ahead and just got XIII considering that seems to have a much larger playerbase on steam and I don't think that one's on Fightcade.

plus, dat 20/10 pixel art.

*installs sharia zones*

That would be perfect, but I don't think KoF really has hard lockdown characters like that, does it?

The version of KOF02(UM) on steam is a completely different game. It has different balance, more characters, and heavily reworked game systems. I personally enjoy it a lot more, but I have friends I play with locally, since the netcode is delay based and won't work cross country all that well.

Japan is having a Ratio KoF XIV tournament in December.
Iorifags and Benifags will on suicide watch

Or you're simply clueless about how things actually work and you're just repeating something you read to seem knowledgeable.
SF4 had an input lag of around 4 frames if I recall correctly. SF5 wasn't much better.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 had 5.7 frames, Tekken 7 on PC with vsync off is around 6.

I get what you're saying, DRM is shit and all, but buying the PS4 version is also supporting a form of DRM (and other shitty business practices that come along with consoles).
If he really wants to play, PC is the best option and the game focus is the online mode.

Sf4->SFV although the reason was to make it more accessible (casual-friendly) rather than this was a bad mechanic

PC is for modding
streetmodders.deviantart.com

While I do believe Soul Calibur VI is in development for a while, it's hard to believe these rumors. While western fans love the missing characters from before V, I know Japan loves Pyrrha and Natsu, so I expect a mix of old and new characters that they'll just say "(s)he's cursed by the sword" to explain their appearances. Or maybe they'll go full KOFXIV with a fuckhueg character select to appeal everyone.

While I liked the idea of streamlining movesets in V since it was really bloated in IV, I don't think meter management for GI even though GI was pretty much broken in III and IV and EX moves was the best idea. I don't like Supers either, but if even Tekken added them, I don't believe they will be gone and some sort of meter or comeback feature(like less than 50% life) will be in the game to implemment Supers. I just hope we don't get the retarded "get your guard broke and be killed in one shot" of IV.

8wayrun is the main english-speaking community of SoulCalibur like FreeStepDodge for DOA, testyourmight for NRS games, Dreamcancel/Orochinagi for KOF and so on. But I have no idea about that poster though.

KOF comes and goes messing around and testing new mechanics. '98 has two grooves and air blocking but '99 ditched all that and then some but added 4 characters teams with one being a striker/assist system, armor and supercancel modes that was tuned until 2001 but 2002 ignored everything before and went back to a more '98 style but only one groove and kept supercanceling plus the ability to spend meter to special cancel. Then 2003 threw everything up again back to 3 on 3 but now a tag system without assists XI even added a new meter for combo breaker/tag cancel. Ignore KOFXII XIII again goes back to a more "2002 feel" but adding a separated meter for special and super cancel and EX moves being a lot more combo-heavy oriented. Now XIV tries to blend '98, 2002 and XIII by removing the separated meter with its "special cancel state" but keeping EX moves and "old style" hitboxes and a lot of super on super canceling.

That's also one of the reasons the community is divided between different games. There are ones that like the "old" '98, the highly skilled 2002, the combo-heavyXIII and the new XIV. Some even play the striker/assists in 2000 and many wish XI was easily playable online for tag shennanigans.

Not really. Maybe Malin, Orochi Shermie and Ash(in XIII) but they're more to do setups than a way to control space. That's maybe a nice way to make her unique. KOF also doesn't feature puppet characters.

This is pretty shit. It makes people to have at least one of the bottom 3 tiers when characters from tier 3 and 4 are completely fine and not that overused at all in tourneys. If it was 9 pts but raising the Kyorimaru to 7 I would be fine with it.

That too.

i think i've heard that central fiction won't have an extend version

kof 02 in steam is a port of kof 2002 UM which is a different game from the one in fightcade , if you want it for the online go for fightcade

As far as I'm aware there's already a mod for the PC version which basically works like the jukebox mode in the PS4 version

tfw when Yamazaki and Antonov player

Saw Martial Masters in the latest Game sack's episode. Tried it and found it pretty good. did anybody gave it a try?

Also, why no love for for Fighting Layers? Arcade was pretty fun (Especially the multiple paths arcade mode). Ex is gonna happen next year, nobody hyped?

shit, for some reasons ctrl+f didn't found the term in the OP. My bad

feels good

Because it never got a home console release, never released outside of japan and no way to play online with people. So the fanbase is limited.
I'm more excited for the beta than anything that was released this year

Yamazaki and Antonov are not so bad after 2.00

I was never into Street Fighter EX that time. Maybe the new game will be good.

You imply Sol met Terumi? Or what do you mean by the vid

S-Should I drop Benimaru?

but seriously who gives a fuck who you main regularly. How often are you gonna enter a ratio tourney anyways?
And If that actually happens you can easily build a good team with you main/sub team members without beni. Just keep maining who you like but keep your options open with extra characters.

anons here is a question that i've been thinking about for weeks : is counter picking a thing in FGs ?

Yes, but it doesn't matter as much if the game is well designed or has decent balance.

Depends on the game

Truth be told, I'm not really attached to Beni at all. I just picked him up because KoF14 is the first KoF I've tried to actually learn and I had heard he was one of the better characters for new players, and I liked his play style over Kyo, Iori, or Terry.

Most mods work with legit copies online, even the jukebox-like mod that's actually better than the PS4 version.

In shit like Injustass, it is VERY effective. On better balanced games, you're better off using a character you're very well familiarized over swapping character for a minor statistical advantage. Being good enough with two significantly different characters is always a good idea, but -if you're starting - focus only in one.

Do you want to play through this shit?

LOL

does someone have the screenshot of the MvC:I shitfest thread from a few days back? (It was called something like "x months in…") trying to redpill a friend on why it's shit and EVO may not even have the game.

So go ahead and have fun. You might as well play '98 to bully people with just Benimaru's buttons.

Honestly, it would be funnier if it makes to EVO but end up having the lowest numbers of the main games.

Anything in particular or the entire thread?

Can't really blame Capcom. I'd half ass it too if I had to put that numbnuts in the game.

Is there a site like ki.infil for SFIV? I'm looking for short summaries of characters

Why does he do this? What's in it for him? I don't understand why he persists in playing something he doesn't like when there's a whole world of fighters out there to learn and play and enjoy.

e-spurts

Battered wife syndrome

I'm not sure what rank he is but i'm not sure he'd be good enough for e-sports. And if it's for e-sports couldn't he just watch it and play something else?

I've tried convincing him to play other things but at this point i've given up. It's just aggravating (especially when he gives me shit for playing my game of choice).

Does anyone else have one of "those" people in your life? The quintessential Capcuck?

Nobody around me plays fighting games.

There's an extremely small FGC in my town that exclusively plays SFV. So I just content myself with a mix of online and AI play.

Nobody around me plays games

The closest I've actually seen to people my age talking about video games have been either nerds trying to act chad-like talking about Madden and two lanky fucks standing in the middle of an EB Games talking about MMOs.

I've given up, esp. w/my situation. Imho, do dare round: loser picks game, switch every third match, no matter how low the game: even Barbie Dress up

Can't you guys play AI? If nobody is around/online to play I find it pretty comfy to play AI.

So what do you think of Trajes Fatais? Will the spics deliver?

You gringos amuses me everytime.
As for the game, I don't know. They changed the proposal before the crowdfunding campaign but are currently teasing the stages and some animations. The first closed beta is schedule for early 2018.

Y'all niggas good in KOF