What are some depressing/sad games in themselves

What are some depressing/sad games in themselves.

In themselves.

I don't think it's nearly as bad without OOT for context. The entire game is pretty much Link taking up some sort of guardian angel task of helping everyone without any sort of expected reward after having time itself take a cosmic shit on his childhood and losing his best friend but also living with the fact no one will ever know or give a shit about what he went through. On its own it more comes of as Link being a weirdo with a bad sense of timing.

ok

Silent Hill 2 & 3 had depressing atmospheres and conclusions.
Or really, just Silent Hill games in general tbh.

Dark souls 1 had a melancholic atmosphere I guess.

Fran Bow and Lisa: the Painful.

remember

If you play Samurai Warriors 2 as Nobunaga you basically area good guy trying to mantain a country of niggers from imploding and then your 1st general betrays you and kills you along with your wife and your qt trap bodyguard and then sets your castle on fire as the credits roll

If you play Samurai Warriors 2 as Nobunaga he survives.

Of course he didn’t. He’s a victim.

Suikoden 4.

Did everyone forget nobunaga was evil as fuck, to the point of burning an entire temple of innocents alive and stationing his soldiers all around it at its base and spearing to death any of the innocent people who tried to flee the blaze. Dude murdered thousands of women, elderly, kids, and men who did nothing wrong just because a faction made him mad. He's called the demon king for a reason.

ah shit i remember the wrong campaign then, but he dies

well i didn't say the game was historically accurate

True, samurai warriors and dynasty warriors are pretty inaccurate historically, though supposedly so is the chinese history period thats been romanticized and expanded on in media.

lmao cuck

I thought that was supposed to be the thing they were having issues with.

it was a comedy.

Yomawari 1 is about a grade school girl accidentally killing her dog and coming to understand death.
Yomawari 2 is about two grade school girls going through hell with absolutely no form of positivity or hope waiting at the end.

silent hill 2 is a heartbreaking game. Spoilers… the main story line - James and his relationship with his wife, what he did. Especially if you get the ending where you go home with Maria. You're kind of happy because you're back with, what seems to be your wife, and you're leaving that nightmarish place… then she starts coughing. And the game ends with you knowing that you're doomed to relive the torment that you already went through with your wife, except this time with Maria. if anyones been in a relationship where you and your SO start getting on each others nerves (who am i kidding, i'm on Holla Forums), you can sort of relate to James and how he resented her and his trapped feeling.

There's no social justice shit in LISA and that's all that matters.

yeah guys, can't we appreciate the cool hiphop soundtrack and badass druggies going after a baby for their own merits?