Medieval Engineers + Medieval General

I think I got this for $15 whenever it came out-I know early access should be avoided like the plague but this investment really paid off.
YOU SEE THAT MOUNTAIN? YOU ACTUALLY CAN CLIMB IT
FUCK YOU CAN JUST BUILD STAIRS ON IT IF YOU WANT
Game's pure comfy for some autism blocks, too. If you can find a magnet for it somewhere, try it out. This latest update is delicious.
Since there is no Medieval General, and we also haven't had one in a while, feel free to post that yes even you, Mordhau nerds

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/333950/announcements/detail/2818553827441684866
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it another clone of Rust just in different setting?

It's actually a fork of Space Engineers. Their plan is to build up an engine that's versatile enough for anyone to be able to take it and mod it into different settings and gameplay. Medieval Engineers was just their first attempt and it's been slowly shaping up into something playable.

Tbh I prefer Space engineers but that game is amazing too.

This game was a fucking abortion when I got it a couple years ago, has it improved? I mean creative mode was alright but survival was terrible.

The devs relesed space engineers bare bones too but they improved it over time, now its amazing

Same thing happened to medieval engineers, now its pretty dam good although still needs improvement.

Yeah, I'll agree with you on it having been abortion tier, but it has legitimately and consistently improved a lot. AI still a shit though.
Just recently they fixed the engine (at least for space engineers, probably applied the same to medieval but I don't know) to almost entirely fix clang.

Except space engineers was always good.

I loved it from the beginning but at the start it was bare bones, When I started playing there where only the basic blocks, thrusters/gyro/grav, two turrets that didn't even work and an antenna that also didnt even work.

Still tho it was amazing to play around and build ships even back then.

I like it too but survival has always been shit.
I haven't touched it in a while so I can't speak for now but there was too much grind. Survival would be good if there was just enough grind that you felt like you worked for what you have instead of having to proccess raw materials for days.
Also it's annoying how badly it runs.
It would be nice if they worked more on maturing the game, I'm not saying stop adding more content but if the game was in a playable state we could actually enjoy what's already in it and it would draw more players in.

This thread made me reinstall and I put a good 4 hours into this game already. It really has been improved and I like the system for unlocking all the different upgrades and recipes through quasi missions. I haven't played Space Engineers in months and now I'm curious how much they've added to and changed in that as well.. God damn it, I didn't need another time sink.

Starmade has always and will always be better.

Truly this place went to the dogs.

What's with all the shit taste today?

Blow it out your ass dude, woe is you.

Are you talking shit about vaporwave faggot?

Vaporwa-R-e. Kill yourself.

A pox on your gonads. Thy art is buggery and base jewry, thy mother be a one legged portside wench and thy father a bastard son of a niggard sow.

Need sauce on that song nao.

kill yourself

Holy shit that's cringy, kill yourself.

That's Futurefunk, you plebian.

Macross 82-99

tell that to the guy that made the mix

are you a nihilist too?

Thanks.

I'm such a nihilist i put way more effort than i should i my shitpost to completly negate my nihilistic views thus proving even worthlessness is worthless.

Starmade is trash but it is better than spengies.

meant to embed this but enjoy that as well

I love the old stuff, but it's nice to see it come back in a new form too.

wait wasn't this thread about mongolian siege engines or something

this board is weird

If you mean amazingly shit, then sure. Game is an unoptimized piece of shit that focuses too much on unnecessary SCIENCE when it could have been so much better. If it had gone the route of from the depths with weapons engines and propulsion engineering, as well as with mining (making the first a challenge and the second less boring), then it would actually be fun to play, but as it stands it's only good for creative mode, and even there it sucks ass.

Is Space Engineers good in single player? I only play SP.

we need a serb so we can btfo barbarians.

I mentioned as much about knowing early access in general should be avoided, though mentioning in this particular case the investment paid off. It's also a medieval general because I knew the interest in this one particular game did not justify an entire thread. Pic related.

Yeah something about tibetan basket warefare I think, tbh whatever at this point- we've already hit one full Henderson thanks to anally ruptured aspies.

Imo medieval is worth a pirate if you can get a crack you decide if you wanna pay monis, spaceguys still needs work. They rushed into planets so space feels still a little too empty.

You talk like a fucking Jew. What does that even mean? There are plenty of ways to have fun playing video games without supporting bad business practices.

I bought it for cheap a while ago because I liked the premise and I didn't get jewed there you happy?

any answers? I like Factorio/KSP/games that make you build your stuff your way. Is this one worthwhile or is it just a multiplayer sandbox?

Space engineers is still too sandboxy for my opinion despite having over 500 hours in it- no real goals. Medieval just added a new research system which is quests instead of GET 10 X. They also added legitimate biomes so it's a pretty and interesting, plus there's landmarks to explore. Not to mention they also added windmills (It took them long enough) and mechanical blocks so you can make things like automated gristmills or in my case a very large mechanically drawn trebuchet that can aim on a pivot.
I know it sounds like shilling but tbh I've been advocating for getting a crack if you can. Both creative and survival are fun. They also have propah machicolations props if you get that reference.

Last time I played they were still high on the planets meme and every freshly generated SP game dropped you into freefall on some giant fucking planet where obnoxious spiders randomly spawn out of everything, trees can't be cut down, and you are left constantly scrambling for oxygen instead of getting anything done. They did have a kind of tutorial storymode that was pretty cool though. Took you between different maps and had you repairing and building different things to achieve certain objectives before dumping you in a new map.

Cont.
You are right though, It'd be funny if it wasn't already sad.

So, how do I keep my walls from crumbling?

With the exception of that one fucking rts game made almost 20 years ago which was about building medieval castles there really are no games about designing and building fortifications, be it pre- or post-gunpowder era.

need to get the AGDG thread to remake stronghold in all its former glory

No, it's just Space Engineers medieval. They decided they were bored of Space Engineers or something and so they started this BEFORE FINISHING SPACE ENGINEERS. Not that it's surprising giving the dev's incredibly shitty track record. This is one of the worst devs out there.

It is not fully true. They are making only one game. Medieval Engineers were released with idea of planets being later copied to Space Engineers, and they did it. They are basically building up one game and you have 2 different game modes for it. You saying they are "Space Engineers medieval" is very true.

One problem with it still and this is same problem Space Engineers has. It is still pretty much not a game. You can build around, collect resources but there is no challenge to it. It is Besieged where you pretty much need to build your own levels, solely because there is nothing else to do there. You are also not really buying Early Access game but rather "gameplay" demo, that really should have been DLC for Space Engineers.

Now there should be a time when I bitch about they releasing it and just working on features in Space Engineers, but they updated it few days ago.
steamcommunity.com/games/333950/announcements/detail/2818553827441684866

needs raiders. and invasions. and hostile wildlife. it'd be neat to be able to station AI defenders around your castle.

yes, badly needs modded structured gameplay. best Space Engineers server i ever played on had factions, a gigantic asteroid field map, and some 4X capture mechanics. visually scouting for new astroids, picking apart automated defenses to capture it, rallying up for a fight when their faction responds to asteroids going dark, shit was fucking cool.

No thanks kike

sagesa

I'd so much love to be able to plonk a bunch of AI defenders, and even have a guy that runs around and turns the torches on/off when it goes to night or day, respectively.
One thing I am pissed about in the latest update is that the "mechanical power" provided by the windmills is specific only to certain devices and does not give me rotational motion for various hand-made devices like catapults and drawbridges.