Should I start playing RuneScape?

Should I start playing RuneScape?

Other urls found in this thread:

vscape.wikidot.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you usually let Holla Forums make decisions for you?
If so, yes, you should totally start sucking cock you fucking faggot.

no

No I don't, lurk most of the time

Why not?

OSRS yes, don't pay attention to muh GE faggots

Oldschool RS sure

Yes, dont forget to join the steamgroup, order a furry suit and start sucking dicks in any of our generals that use discord so you can fit in my fellow user :^)

I mean it's right in the name.

If you want to play a game designed for 13-16 year old boys to call each other faggots online, then sure, go ahead and play it. It's perfect for that. But you also shouldn't be here if you're in the target audience for RunEscape.

but there's a word filter

Only is you're going to play OSRS, RS3 isn't worth getting into unless you've had an account for years and don't want to abandon your hard work

Regardless of what version you decide on, all of them are exceedingly grindy, and were designed to be quality time wasters. You should look up a few guides just to get the basics of stats, how EXP is distributed, and maybe a few early money makers just to get a good handle on things

The best features of the game are the quests and the music, though some would argue it's the combat and PvP, which I wouldn't recommend getting too involved with since most of them are min-maxing autists

Why is OSRS better than RS3?

No, its super laggy. Also you aren't 12 are you OP?

It's only marginally better. Still fucked since they put the GE back in.

No I'm 17(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

RS3 is badly managed and revolves heavily around a cash shop that encourages players to drop real money for cosmetic skins, emotes, and pets. OSRS has a smaller dev team but they're far more dedicated and even feature a few of the original staff from the early 2000s

That and the art design for RS3 is abysmal

Well said, user. It's still a waste either way even if you have an account for years beforehand. RS3 is a soulless cash cow since years of EOC and MTX. That said, RS3's quests are something unique, compared to other quests in other MMOs - but even then I wouldn't recommend playing it at all.

First 99?
Firemaking. Fuck that skill.
Man I really liked RS quests.

Is that Al's armor from FMA?

Play Holla Forums scape.

You're about a decade late.

GE literally ruined the game, though.

Nigger you want a dissertation on his motivations and life plan in the world of runescape or some shit?

That word filter has been toggleable for years

At this point, not especially. Do listen to the old music though.

all those feels are lost in time, like tears in the rain. it will never be the same again.

Old School RuneScape and RuneScape Classic are both fun. Avoid nuScape at all costs.

12 years late. New and oldschool are false shit versions.

Now?
Fuck no. Don't even play oldschool. Fagex sold out and Sold out again to a chinese gold farming company.

Just play vidyascape.

Nah, RuneScape is shit. I played back in 07 and had a great time, but I can't get into it now. Mainly because no one in that game fucking talks anymore.
You can walk from Lumbridge to Falador and not see a single person type anything into the chat.
The few people you will see are all wrapped up in their own little clan chats or whatever the fuck. It's practically a single player game these days.

Play Holla Forumsscape instead. It's a 2007 (actual 2007, not the modern osrs shit) style server, mostly bug free, majority of quests, and construction. 2.25x exp rate.
vscape.wikidot.com

It's the best version of the game but holy fuck why didn't they shill it harder.

Really no reason to now unless you have a pre-established account. Jagex has plenty of devoted whales keeping them afloat with their sub money, but there's now more grind than ever to max level and nothing to help new players manage it. Most other MMOs have something like this, FF14 has some items that increase your exp gain at low levels; hell even Guild Wars 2 has more ways than ever for new players to jump in and catch up with their friends quickly.
If you just want to relive the game's glory days then you're better off playing OSRS or 2007scape tbh.

hell no

Build up your account afk as much as possbile.

Than just buy a bond every once in a while when you want to go pk.

This is what I do, I maxed my account and now every once in a while I will log in, get a bond and pk then let the bond expire.

No. Its not worth it. The beginning and mid progression is fun, there is that. The problem arises when you actually want to do something - but to do something there are prerequisites like "oh, I need to level this skill by 30, that by 15, crafting by 20."

When you want to get to location X, you think, "Did I finish Y quest so I can use Z teleport? Or should I teleport with A which is nearby so I can walk to my destination C. And if you are doing a quest you have 27 items in your backpack for the quest and you might have forgotten one thing which requires a bank trip again.

OSRS was fun, but all in all most players play solo, do solo quests, and solo level gain. It can be deathly lonely at times, and you wonder what you should do to progress, but there are so many things that need progressing, you wonder what the point of doing any of this is in the first place.

Endgame arrives and you do 3 man endurance boss kills for loot, rack the gold up and move to raids (I haven't got to raids, and won't since I don't play anymore). That's where "social" play comes in but it isn't too fun since this requires voice communication, seeking a PvM guild, applying, and organizing fights. I stopped once it required using discord to group up with a small group of God Wars boss killers.

Let us hope one day an mmorpg can learn from osrs's mistake. If there can be a way to design player interaction in beginning and mid-game (not lvl 20 FF14 player finder dungeon runs shit-tier), it would make gameplay more enjoyable. It is not fun playing a game where there are thousands of others, yet you feel enveloped in an abyss of lonesomeness, similar to a hobo in a city does. People pass by without a notice of you, doing their own solo quests, players going afk at banks and the G.E., and the like.

Someone knows what I mean right?

Fucking memer beaners

Nah, Run Escape is shit.

Only if you can find a time machine.