Space Station 13

Can we have an SS13 thread? Tell good stories, talk about what servers to play on, give tips to noobs like me.

I just started playing, currently on /tg/. Just running around as an assistant, trying to get to grips with things. Can anyone explain hacking doors to me? I tried following a guide I found but I don't really get how to identify power wires?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mattroks101/InterBay
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
boards.4chan.org/soc/thread/25926544#p25930584>>13881816
github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station
wiki.vore-station.net/Category:Locations
store.steampowered.com/app/544550/Stationeers/
cncnet.org/tiberian-sun
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's just going to be a Lifeweb thread

Let it die

Escape while you can.
There's no hope for you.

There's a Holla Forums server paid for until this month, but there hasn't been a thread for weeks and I can't be fucked loading up BYOND to check. That was going well, and we even managed to stop metafaggotry and admincucks before they became large problems, which is a rarity, but a nice surprise.
As always, we had no coders or mappers beyond a few autists that wanted to add their own shit without thinking about it properly. I should know, I did that constantly.

Underage-faggots-trying-to-be-edgy-by-merely-pretending-to-want-to-fuck-kids-in-a-Russian-meme-simulator-used-to-fund-a-man's-krokodil-addiction plsgo.

Nice contributions, very good.

Obviously not.

Grab a multitool and pulse wires until the test light goes off, then crowbar it open. For anything more specific there's a fucking wiki for tg's server, and there's nothing wrong with trial and error as long as you're not a complete retard.
I normally play on paradise because I haven't had any stupid shit happen so far with admins that I wouldn't get elsewhere, and I get to spend time fucking over the xenos.

So just get the test light off and make sure bolts are not dropped? I just got zapped to death, so didn't manage to try that many doors yet, thanks user.

I haven't played it in 10 years, is BYOND still an unresponsive piece of shit that feels worse than driving on ice? I know it was part of the charm and sometimes hilarious but holy fuck it would get bad sometimes.

Also remake on a better engine fucking when

I'm guessing /tg/ is an american server because I get really bad ping, other than that I think it's fine.

Yes. And just as esoteric as ever.

Are you sure?

I would call you a huge faggot for putting up with their megacuck mods even for ss13 standards but literally every server is awful. This game is terrible maybe that`s why I play too much, yet the broken antag mechanics and the boring jobs are in need of a revamp for a very very long time and they will never ever come because power tripping is it`s on reward I guess, so I am almost done with it hopefully

Fire Safety.

I recently got back into it myself after a couple years of putting it down. I was wondering what happened to the threads here, guess I picked it back up too late.
/tg/'s mod cuckery is pretty dogshit but I was always too intimidated by the Holla Forums server to try and join. Felt like I'd join a server where practically every person knew how to do every job extremely well and there I'd be a lowly medical that can barely even do that right.
Always had trouble with one aspect of every job, could do most of the things expected of an engineer but couldnt fire up the singularity, could play medical doctor but didn't know advanced medicine like viral and cell damage and upgrading cryo and genetics, etc.

then learn it, you fucking cuck.

Faggot

Well I don't understand how to do jack shit yet so at least you're doing better than me. I get fucking immense ping on /tg/ right now so can't even play. Are there any european servers that aren't shit?

Those small mechanics are sometimes quite fun. At least setting up the singularity used to be back when I played the game.

Don't worry too much about that, even if you host your own server the game will be just as laggy to play.

Apparently /tg/ is making a European server soon, though I don't know when its coming out

Hatestation is fucking dead
There was a weeks long shift where me and a bunch of people became robots and rebuilt the fucking delerict into a machine paradise while the main station became a mess of anomalies carps and vending machines
we even set up an AI there for fuck sake

github.com/mattroks101/InterBay

Anybody tried this Bay fork yet? I really like the station, it feels very organic and compact and the stat system could be kind of nice.
Just an idea.

wow that post is exactly spot on
i hate playing games in general with 8/v/ unless it's some weekend flavor shit and even then it kind of sucks

when i was starting out and wanted to be an engineer i just fired up a local server to learn how to set up the singularity so I didn't risk fucking it up on a public server and eating the station

Serb seems dead, the latest round is at ~2 days (at least the teg is still running).

For those of you saying you want to learn the game in peace:

byond://165.227.105.190:1488

who would you play with instead?

It actually died due to inactivity and the host fucking off to who knows where.

Disposal chute shenanigans best shenanigans.

Literally just cut every wire, mark which one made the door bolts go down, and then cut every wire but that before crowbaring the door.

The problem is certain codebases are broken, and every server is run by the worst of the worst people.
Something about SS13, possibly the way the game's set up, encourages administration abuse.
The way the game's set up, you're supposed to be paranoid, constantly looking over your shoulder, actively working against others. I suspect that's rubbed off on the staff. I believe it's the same way in TTT, on Gary's Mod.

Yeah I managed to figure it out today. Once you start getting into the quirks it gets really fun. Still only playing assistant, learning how the game works. It's a good game, shame about the metafaggotry, furfags and shitty admins.

Another noob question: Circuit boards, where can I get them? Say if I want to start an illicit cloning operation or something else.

Ask R&D to print you the circuits, dismantle an already present cloning machine or check Tech Storage/Secure Tech Storage (same room) for a spare board.

This is the nature of SS13 as a whole, and not really an issue with the servers themselves. This complaint is one made by the trash-tier admins who try to control too much, and act like too big cunts.

The real problem is, we won't let cuntishness slide.
We bring it up. We fight and scream about every tiny mistake, every microscopic failure. Add to that, the people here who seek power are never good, and everyone else isn't selfless enough to step into the needed slot.

Thank you! It's a shame there is no Hatestation because you are obviously more helpful than /tg/ could ever hope to be.

RnD makes most of them. Others you can find in Engineering. A few you can find lying around the station, and of course you can order most machines through Cargo.

This was the one good thing we had going. We loved noobs. No idea why, but everyone would stop what they were doing to show the new guy the ropes.
Ah. I've made myself sad, longing for the good ol' days. Used to spend most my rounds making more singu engines.

Enjoy the game, it seems that most people here have played it to the literal death, far too many years have gone of playing it every day so that most people have grown jaded to it.
Admittedly there are some weirdos that kill far too easily over menial things, I've played with you guys.

Speaking of jadedness, anyone excited for new lifeweb map?

Problem is, there's literally endless possibilities in SS13 being a roleplaying game, with a lot of depth.
So it has the potential to never play it to death, if people actually fucking roleplayed.
Nobody does, though.

I ain't asking for shitty "HERE READ MY CHARACTER'S 20 PAGE BACKSTORY MY PARENTS ARE DEAD EDGE EDGE EDGE", I just want "Hohoho, hello captain dickbut, I am Cookie the cook" as it were. I've been trying to coin the term "medium roleplay" for this reason, as people do not have a in-between from character autism and "light" roleplay.

Also, more people need to write things. Actual things. Not just "books" of meme shittery.

You're absolutely right, I'll admit I'm one of those that consider active roleplay to be putting too much effort into such a game but next time Hatestation is up, I'll put more effort into being proactive.

Mostly, I just want people to give their guys a bit of character. The best moments in the game I've had have all been when we roleplayed a bit.
Make your Cargonian Quartermaster a massive beurocrat who refuses to approve anything not properly filed. Make your doctor a massive German stereotype. Make your engineer a raging alcoholic. Give people a trope, as it were. A basis for who they are.

When I was learning TG station and SS13 in general I went as an overly positive/excited assistant with the goal of being someone's minion for the round to learn random jobs. Always funny to see the extreme distrust some people have for assistants. Oddly enough, your standard sec mans was usually the most appreciative of outside help which the HoS and detective did not like (I was usually tazed/stunned on sight despite being with the sec mans).

I did have a great round too when I got recruited by the Chaplain where he dressed me as a nun and handed me a chainsaw to fight zombies. Later he accidentally burned me to death and lost his gear (his knight armor) so when I was revived we engaged in some holy quest to regain his gear. Made me laugh a few times when people picked up on the character I was playing and went along with their excitement by giving free loot to continue our important mission.

At least I had few good moments and cheap laughs out of the mess

That's because standard secbros love having someone of more questionable and underclassed individuals for keeping an eye out.
Seriously, traitors love assistants, as do anyone who is doing shit that's questionable. Getting an assistant buddy is a great way to have half your job done for you. Basically, turn all assistants into confidential informants.

I was Mark Sholl. Good times placing happy funtime chutes under doors or otherwise very convenient places for ease of access.

if your server is cunts your admins will be cunts, its really that simple, you act like the admins are some kind of separate social class that is in eternal opposition to the populace

You act like this is an unsovlable conundrum, some kind of grand paradox of the universe, and it is not. As a supreme cunt either make a compromise and allow the existence of cunt admins or have no server at all.

Its really simple, if you have good players you will have good admins.
If you have cunt players you will have cunt admins.
If you refuse to tolerate the sheer existence of admins because they inhabit a power structure you will have no server, because the existence of a server requires the power structure to exist.

You sound like the type that creates whitelists and hands out bans like candy while using 30000 anti-grief plugins for a minecraft server.

Of course the admins are a different 'class' from the playerbase.
You'd have to be a literal retard to think that the guys who have power to ban others, and enforce change on the server, are the same as the guys who have no power, and can be banned from the server.
This changes nothing from what I've said, regardless. Point is, the 'chans are very hostile to authority as a general rule, and they're very quick to jump on someone who they believe is abusing their position.

Alternative solution:
Don't have shit admins.
Get the cocks from your ass and try to do better. Maybe you won't be called on your faggotry.

Gitgud pls leave. You're a cancerous scumbucket who ruined a server given every possible chance. You have nobody but yourself to blame for your own horrible fuckups. Everything you've done was your own damn fault, and you need to accept that, so we can all move on with our lives.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

What does the name "Lifeweb" even mean

My only moments of glory

Never again.

Never again

It hurts so much.

Noep

It was Nel you double nigger.

Honestly, I just always called him eurocuck.

Our server is empty. The only way to get more people on server is to put it on pub. It is a bad way, but it's better than nothing. I hoped people would come without being on pub but it did not happen.
Also disabling random events also might be good. We can enable them when there are more people.

We have a server?
IP, nigger

It ain't the old one Chaosyourgod was a part of, is it?

byond://87.117.247.20:33447

You completely missed his points.

Get 20 people from here who want to play a game, no matter what game.
One of them will step forth, set up a server and admin it for the 19 others.
Now let's imagine after a week, that person turns out to be a huge cunt.
Is that person a cunt because he's an admin?
No. He's a cunt because he was (and is) part of a group of 20 cunts who figured "hey, we can all have fun together being huge fucking cunts to each other as long as one of us is put on a power position and the other 19 can blame him for anything cunty he does while disregarding the cunty shit we make".

Throught all the years of SS13 here, I've seen cunt admins and cunt players. And one thing was always happening: with admins, you had a 50% chace of the guy apologizing for being a cunt, 50% of telling you to fuck off and keep being a cunt.
With players it was a 50% of telling you to fuck off and keep being a cunt, 50% of telling you to fuck the admin's the cunt, not him.

It's like politicians: why are they so fucking stupid, retarded and corrupt?
Think about where they came from: the general public. They were people that were born, studied and had careers before being voted in. It follows that politics are only as good as the people he came from.
If the people are dumb, retarded corrupt assholes, so will they.
If the players are cuntish faggots who keep abusing each other, so will the admins be.

Just to make sure, I'm reading your post again, and you're arguing like admins are spawned like queen bees: born throught a diferent process and genetically engineered to be superior to other players.
They're not. They're just as shit as you and me. And on a site where the prevailing feeling is "fuck The Man, tear it down!" don't expect anyone to build anything that the rest of the comunity will leave standing for long.

In many things, a large percentage of this board act like complete fucking niggers.

To expand a bit on this:
There's been servers for TF2, fucking Minecraft, Terraria, Doom, Unreal Tournament, Private servers for half a dozen MMO's and a crap ton of other comunity efforts where people band up to make something fun.

If I had to point out where they all failed (because it's always at the same point) here's where:
Now this is not how imageboards work, however. Rarely does a moderator/volunteer get the boot, even for acting like a complete nigger. He's just mocked endlessly and becomes part of the ecosystem were "MODS = FAGS"
But all this game servers we had, the player base can't forgive the slightest thing an admin does (not realizing that they're just as liable to fail as any other player since they started as player themselves).
The problem is that when you give them the boot, the server dies, and you gotta start over again with a new server, new comunitty.
Repeat this 4-5 times and you erode the playerbase into nothing.

And that's what angers me the fucking most.
The worst shit I got on this game, came from players. An admin fucking a round for me was something that happened at most once a month.
But every day, at least one round would have:
and tons more of this autistic fucking crap.
I can remember 3 rounds where admin fuckery screwed me out of greentext. That's 3 rounds in almost 4 years. I can remember admins refusing to ban shitters that we then had to deal with in-game (hope you enjoyed your 500u Morphine nap, you ugly sacks of shit).

No matter how much you think an admin can fuck up a server, the players can fuck it 10x worse because:
a)There's more players than admins.
b)They interact with you DIRECTLY, usually with 35 force weapons.

All the stations we had just followed the /tg/ route, only quicker:

And instead of acting like a nigger and simply cirticizing shit without a solution, I'm gonna propose one.
We need a Robot. An automated mod with code that's maintained by someone but follows guidelines the comunity choses.
Why? Because noone here will trust a moderator for more than a month, no moderation team can stay online 24/7 without growing to a size that enables a couple of shitters to infiltrate them and most importantly, we can finnaly, for once agree to a set of roleplaying guidelines we want to enforce and actually stick to it, else the bot fucks with you.

I propose a bot that gives you brain damage if you do retarded shit.
A bot that sets you on fire if you behave like a retarded nigger
A bot that FIRES YOU FROM YOUR JOB if you don't do it.
A bot that automatically places you underarrest if you do crimes.

It's not that hard to write. It's only hard to define what we want.

WHAT DO YOU WANT

more explosions
if someone doesn't carry an explosive by the 30 min mark, cause them to explode

This job-firing, how should we define that?
Having to do any of various tasks with a regular interval?
What happens later in the game if you can't do you job for various reasons?

Captain.

Department head.

Sec.

How would you define those things in a script? As far as I know the log doesn't show who is making non-antag corpse bombs or fucking off at work.

I can say I had some good fun trying to max research levels and steal shit blind with the telepad on a ded serb for 2 days straight.

Gitgud, hang yourself, you're an insufferable faggot projecting your faggotry on everyone else.

Not everyone is a cunt. Moreover, nobody whines at the admin for things the regular players've done.
And, yes, cunty things done by players without power do not matter so much as half as much as what someone with power over a whole server does.

Throughout all the years I've played of SS13, I've seen cunt admins and cunt players, but you know what happens when we have a cunt admin?
There's a 50% chance he fucks up the server, and a 50% chance he fucks up the server, apologizes, unfucks the server, but everyone's already left.

Not everyone is stupid, corrupt, powerhungry cunts. More importantly, however, that's not a fucking excuse. You're telling me because Mike the Asshole can kick your dog, it is okay when President Cock nukes your hometown.
Scale matters. The level of power matters.

They aren't. But they have power. The players do not have the power the admin has. They must be held to a higher standard.

You don't put niggers in charge, though, do you?
You don't make excuses when a nigger does something dumb, and gets called a nigger for it, do you?
While a percentage of this site might well be a bunch of assholes, that does not mean that it is perfectly acceptable when an admin acts like a massive scumsucking asshole and ruins an entire server.

This is because it is difficult to give the boot to the administration. We did it with Gitgud after he routinely fucked up, over and over again. But it was a struggle, and it cost us most all of our population.
See Mark as a good example of this.
When a mod does something shitty, we call him a faggot. When he keeps doing it, we call him a faggot some more. But he never stops. Because he's got no reason to. We can't easily go someplace else.
The playerbase here is perfectly willing to forgive slight problems. See Gitgud, again. He did countless things before the community finally shunned him. He was given literally every single possible chance.

Admin actions have lasting effect.
They don't get banned.
Ban him for repeatedly griefing, you dumb jew.
Ban him for killing as nonantag.
Was there an RnD at round start? Otherwise, get robust you massive scumsucking faggot. Go get cargo to send you what you need to start over. They can literally get everything bar an intelicard last I checked.
This is not round ruining, you're just an unrobust scrub.
Was it actually self defense?
Otherwise see nonantag killing.
See nonantag killing.
Sounds like a job ban.
see above. He doesn't. This is killing as nonantag.
Meanwhile, admin's cuckery ruins games. Not rounds. Entire games. I get banned, and what am I going to do? I can't go back. Sure, it wasn't a justified ban. But I can't do anything about it. And worse still, other people are going to have to operate under the assumption they could get banned for doing the perfectly legitimate thing I did. That's not okay. That limited the entire game, and it wasn't fair.
And that's just around banning folk.

This is completely false, and you are a retard.
Admins have actual power. Faggots acting like faggots hurt you for a round. Admin actions hurt the entire game.

True, but I'd say a lot of that is to do with pubbies in most the cases, and generally more people. When you have lowpop rounds, you don't really kill much , because it ends the game.

This is even more retarded than anything else you've said so far, and that's really saying something.
Fuck, vote-banning would be better than this shit.
You're going to inevitably get people abusing it, or hiding just under its ban radar.

Yeah, cause braindamage cancer shit worked so well last time.
Oh wait, no it didn't. That server crashed and died.
I do like the 'fire from your job' bit. I think we need more Nanotrasen in-character consequences. Captains who execute people, for instance, could be fired and replaced by NT, following some official thugs taking said captain away, along with whatever crewmen his shittery damaged being effecitvely 'respawned'.

Auto-arrest is retarded, though. That's just going to make sec trivial.

As for what I'd do personally, I'd have one single admin.
Bans'd be issued following actual investigation and reports with evidence. Otherwise, you're on your own. It's on you to deal with problems in-character. Someone acting like a nigger repeatedly? He's going to get enough evidence, eventually. It's your job as the player to help that along. Record. Photograph. Report.
Bans'd be issued following an investigation. The evidence'd be presented and the ban made public.
Major server changes would be discussed with the community, by large, relying mainly on votes through the game itself over the course of at least a week. If the server had a dedicated coder, the coder could only code and do very basic mod jazz around manipulating the round. Aditionally, some "game masters"'d be around, who essentially have access to game spawning and NT response jazz, so as to help with the game as it were, and generally fix problems of the code, rather than the rules. These guys'd also double as a bit of investigation, now and again, but ultimately they'd not have actual administrational power.

You have three super long posts that are basically a tl:dr version of "no, admins suck".

Big question, can you host a serber? I wanna play spessman but 8station is empty.

Two of them are replies, and my point wasn't "admins suck", my point was "people sucking is no excuse not to call them massive faggots and demands something better".
Complacency is cancer.

Not with my internet, from what I understand. I'd have to rent one, or something.

>H O N K
honestly the coolest thing i've ever fucking seen in any multiplayer game, ever

I am willing to wager, that's an emitter.

But if you keep demanding something better everyday while giving the boot to anyone that shows up you'll end up with nothing.

Are you aware of the "Nirvana Fallacy"?
It is the informal fallacy of comparing actual things with unrealistic, idealized alternatives. It can also refer to the tendency to assume that there is a perfect solution to a particular problem.

You baiscally want a single admin, that never makes a mistake on his judgement and is online to moderate our games 24/7.

I'll tell you blunty: that doesn't exist. And never will. You'll never have an admin like that, especialy if he comes from an imageboard userbase. What you'll have is people promising to do that (they're fool of shit) or people saying they'll try, fail and players like you again comparing him to the idealized perfect solution to the problem.

What you SEEM to be thinking is that I'm pulling a Gitgud and saying "lol admins should be allowed to fuck up and you should shut up."
I'm instead telling you that Admins will fuck up. A lot. And players need to show them the same sort of leniency as much as the admins show leninecy to players who engage in shitty but infrequent behaviour.

tl,dr: "Don't let perfection be the enemy of good." - Voltaire

I'd see nothing, over shit, any day.
And again, so far it's been really shit.

Perfection is not required. Just something not completely trash. Again, Gitgud was given every chance. He routinely fucked up, multiple times.

No. I want one admin, because power consolidated to one person is less likely to result in massive fuckups, and is also a bit easier to influence. I want that one person to listen to the community, and I want actual rule-enforcement and major server changes to basically be, on top of completely transparent, largely decided by them.

You demanded a 'solution' instead of critique. That's what I gave you. I consider it far, far, far better than Gitgud again.

With Gitgud, they showed more leniency. Shit players get banned. Gitgud was shit, routinely, and it was ages before he finally got the boot.
You're stating on a false pretense, essentially. This is why I think you're a faggot who doesn't actually play SS13, is just a total bootlicking complacent cuckold, or is literally gitgud.

I'd also like to point out, 3ba51a only showed up to start defending admins after ad8b72 disappeared following two posts.

Sorry but i'm too busy actually playing videogames most of the time.
Have you actually got to host a serb- oh so you can't backup your theory with actual actions. I'd really like your idea to be realized but even i think it's a bit far stretching the whole "only one admin at all times" when most neets can't even stay up for more than 8 hours shitposting. Even less when they're tardwrangling a bunch of memelords in an autism-fueled atmospheric simulator.

Oh din't even notice it wasn't even my ID. Nevermind.
Still, when will you get a serber up?

The idea wasn't that one admin was always on.
The idea was that one admin acts as ultimate judge, eventually.
The main reason being, in my experience, bans issued as soon as the problem happens tend to result in occasional bad bans, either due to personal involvement, or simple rush, not to mention lacking time to really think things around.
The idea here is, ultimately small infractions are going to be ignored, and what gets actual bans is stuff that has genuine proof.

I'm going to look in to server costs. How difficult is it to do, for SS13? Shouldn't cost too much to host some 20 people at most, I wager, right?

I played back then as well (though not quite 10 years ago), and BYOND is way fucking better than it used to be. Don't get me wrong, it's still a piece of trash, but I don't think most people here understand just how bad it was.

I've been playing on /tg/ for a while now.

When I joined I was expecting to be sick of it after a day or two because I've heard the many stories of their degeneracy. But somehow I've almost never encountered it.

I don't really ever have issues with the badmins, though maybe that's because I don't usually greytide.

The playerbase is a mixed bag, its sort of rare to see competent players in the more complicated jobs that aren't heads but most people are not being cunts. Those that are being cunts are usually being cunts every shift so you know who to not let into your department after a couple shifts. Furfags (catpeople and liggers) are usually being discriminated against and I have almost never seen anyone make a big deal out of being one.

I don't know what a Holla Forums server feels like and judging by my experiences with other 8ch servers with other games it's probably better, but if you just have general interest in the game /tg/ is fine too.

As for the roleplaying aspect: I hate gay ass roleplaying but on spess station it is very tolerable amounts that only serve to keep the game fair, mostly. Heavy RP jobs like Lawyer and Curator are usually not being taken seriously by the rest of the crew so it's cool.

If you're new just ask around as an assistant if anyone wants to teach your their job since you're new and befriend them. Having someone experienced show you stuff makes this game far easier to learn.

20 people is too few, make it at least 40.

If anyone's interested, some dude decided to host WW2 east front shenanigans on his own serb.
byond://31.51.215.41:7272
Join up and shoot some commies.

There may also be some issues with connecting right now due to permissions. If you can't connect, just wait a bit till they clear out.

I've been meaning to get into SS13 for years but it seems like most people here are sick of it. Am I too late? Is it still worth bothering?

Ironically only you and the Fnigger mentioned it. As expected of course, a closed community that relies on novelty value for entertainment will die off in the long run, especially the kind of community that LW atracts.

Which means there's no vetoing and appealing your bans does nothing as the same person that issued them will review them. This also means the community has no say on bans at all otherwise it's not "ultimate judge" and more like a "populist judge".

Anedoctal evidence. There's plenty of situations where it's perfectly clear what someone is doing because they are that blatant about it.
And even then, those situations are the minority. For the most part, admins do spend quite a long while reading logs and adminhelping players before making a decision, every screenshot of "bantz against badmins" stands proof to that.

It's funny how long this conversation is going and you're still not getting the point. You're picking a situation that happens quite rarely and for which most admins even apologize and make ammends afterwards and you're hosting it up as a very good reason to burn the whole system down instead of simply accepting that people make mistakes and give them as much leniency as you'd like given to you.
In fact, that's the most ironic part. You complain about admins being too harsh when you're quite harsh yourself. Don't demand standards you yourself can't meet.

A server where people can act as shitters all they want as long as they don't cross "the line"? That's precisely what every single server here ever was, small infractions never were the problem. Faggots arguing where "the line" is are the problem since they keep pushing it to the point that spreading virus around or leaving maxcaps in maintenance for someone else (that's clearly not your alt) to blow are still below the line.

"Genuine proof" is something that's only accessible to the admins. You can't prove 100% that someone is metagaming, you can't prove he is using an alt account, you can't even prove that the guy that just murdered you is not a traitor until the round ends and even then he might have had a good reason for it too.
Admins have a wide arsenal of tools to see this shit on the fly and make a decision based on that information, which is why they have not the power but the duty to set the record straight.

And you want to leave the undisputed "power" to present "genuine proof" in the hands of a single person. While complaining about the admins powertripping.
Unless by "genuine proof" you mean people doctoring screenshots of logs or lying about what happened so the playerbase can argue in the thread and come up to a conclusion that serves no purpose because ultimately it's still the one admin that decides as "ultimate judge"?

You don't seem to have thought this out very well.
You complain about power tripping admins and your solution is to have a single instead with no checks.
You were told that many players arise from shitty players toeing "the line" and making the server unfun for everyone else, but you prefer to ignore this and leave bans only to super serious offenses, something left vague because you yourself can't decide where "the line" will be.
You seem to understand the importance that the players have and the power they hold over how a server succeeds or not. And yet it seems you think that all duties and responsabilities fall on the admins while the players only get a very long list of rights.

It's always the same mentality, always the same bullshit ideal that "players are never in the wrong and you should never held them accountable" and it's always mentioning some name as scapegoat while resorting to many "we"'s, as if we aren't all autists here trying to have fun together, some just take the effort to actually host a server sometimes and that's where the differences end.

You'll end up suffering the same fate because you're making the same mistakes and continuing with the same ideology that never ever did anything good for the servers. Bitching about admins never improved the quality of a server and never brought more players. It only made things unstable and ruined the server a few weeks later, because suprise surprise! Focusing on destroying the past doesn't help to build the future!

Mark my words: A server here will only ever stand up when 2 conditions are verified:
1 - It's unique and in a better way than any other server.
S13 servers are born and maintained either surrounding a previously established community (Goon, /tg/, /vg/, Bay12) or they do something completely different that justifies sticking to them (Colonial Marines, Lifeweb, Vorestation)
It can't just be a gimmick, it has to have a lot of features that draw people in to try them and retains them afterwards. Yet another SS13 with nothing new is not gonna draw people from the big servers, most people don't care that much about the admins as some of you autists because they don't greytide every round so that's not a point you can actually leverage.

2 - The dramafags get the boot and people start ignoring them.
It's no surprise that interest in both the game and the thread died fast the second that forced user in OOC was implemented. Without boogeymans to create drama, there's no one to bully, especially after the last faggot left. This should have been a clear message to anyone aspiring to make a server that dramafags are only in it for the drama and the second they got enough for the thread or there's no more to be found, they stop playing on the server. Relying on them for player numbers is foolish and they end up scaring away every other player as well.
Allowing dramafags to even stay near the game kills not just the server but the community.

And to be honest, for an anonymous community, it's quite disapointing the lack of effort most show in shaming people that still insist in using names instead of arguments and debate everything personnaly as if every argument is an attack on their character. You either mock and shame these idiots away and never allow them to stay or you'll always end up with a thread\server filled with people that don't give one fuck about the game, they just want cheap easy fun at the expense of everyone else.
We are Anonymous here, start fucking acting like it, faggots.

Yes, but don't get attached to any single server. I'm not saying this because "every thing good will end" or "everything is shit :DDD" but rather because most servers out there are quite different experiences and you shouldn't limit yourself to one. Try them all, even the terrible ones, for the full SS13 experience.

SS13 is also a game that's best enjoyed by newer players and secondly by veterans to some degree. It's a very fun game to figure out how to play and discover all the things you can do (except if you're playing on Goon because that codebase is just noob traps after noob traps).
You can usually read the wiki of the server to see what's different there and learn how to play, as well as ask questions in OOC (a sort of Global Chat) and most players will often help you as newcomers are always welcomed.

Notable servers you might want to try in no special order:
Goonstation: It's where it all started! It also used to look like shit but it's a bit better now. Don't expect any sort of actual serious roleplaying there and don't expect it to make sense. Goon players do their job if they feel like it and communication is either on the goonchannel (reserved for goons) or none at all.

/tg/station: By far the biggest contender, it has a few servers and an interesting community. Lots of cliques, local celebrities and the players are sorta retarded. They used to be more robust, now not so much.
The server is mostly notable because the coders there generate more drama than the server itself since nobody ever agrees on anything and therefore nothing is ever done unless it's as inoquous as a new sprite for a bar of soap or more types of machineguns for the Syndicate.

Baystation: Home to the Bay12 community, heavy fucking serious roleplayers. If you grab an extinguisher and there's no fire nearby, they'll fucking yell at you. A small and tight community, most of them know each other like friends, so it's hard for a newcomer to get along. If you want to try a more serious roleplay and less combat-oriented server, try it.

/vg/: a fucking mishmash of features stolen and nicked from many other servers, but it's mostly Bay (because they think it's hardcore to play with Bay's codebase and still put emphasis on combat). The players are retarded and worship their admins. Worship is not an exageration. Still, it's a great mix of features to try lots of complex things.

Paradise Station (I think this is the vorestation?): A server run by furries with a vore fetish. If you're still reading this, they are mostly interested in ERP with each other and you can find them scurrying away to the showers quite often. Despite the very weird station, it's quite a comfy place to hang around since combat and paranoia aren't much of a thing there. The worst aspect ends up being the presance of BRs actually, not the vore itself.

Colonial Marines: regular SS13 has Aliens from the movies with the facehugger lifecicle and everything. It's a cool way to end rounds fast. Some idiot though "why not have a server that's just that?" and made exactly that. It seems like an interesting concept to have a full-on combat server but please understand this: Combat is the worst aspect of SS13. It's the context surrounding it that makes combat somewhat fun.

LifeWeb: A variant of SS13 started in an obscure russian forum but also opened a few servers for Americans, where it's creator gets to collect Patreon money from a playerbase that he hates because they are all hyper-violent memesters that can't roleplay their way out of a paperbag.
It's still a superb game underneath the community since it vastly expands the health aspect, adds a lot of survival elements, stats and skills that make every character actually play differently and a somewhat interesting setting of it's own (It's actually just Arx Fatalis + Warhammer + Blood(videogame) + whatever fallen earth story you fancy)
Getting to play it is very tricky, though and I still recommend just leaving it to die on the offchance that the code is released one day open source.

Hatestation: Dead now, sadly. It implemented forced user in OOC so there were no usernames anymore for an authentic anonymous experience. The values of stuns in most weapons were also changed so you couldn't rely so much on them, making fights more varied since every weapon saw use. You'll notice that in most other servers it's always either Stun Batons or Stun Guns unless you're facing something you can't stun.

Hippistation: Large player base, most of them are chill players, their code is full of shit from many other servers and the admins are a mixed bag. Some are utter shit, some are pretty cool. Same goes for the players as well, considering the large number of them.

there's no real winning with an Holla Forums server, the few autistic fuckers just aren't enough to keep the server alive and if you think "well we had 30 EZ on prior servers" you're living in the past and people have moved on or are so sick of ss13 that any little nitpick is enough to keep them away

I remember this one roboticist that will take all the ores trying to build some mech and failing it everytime.
was being a real bitch about it too.

The game itself is still good, better even now that a lot of the lag has been fixed and there's tons of new features. The problem is finding a decent server since Hatestation died. RIP Nel's server, you were the best even with my godawful burger ping.

Fortunately for you, I love bait.

There's no say anyway, with anything else. Besides, the goal wasn't to do whatever the community says. The goal was to have someone who listens to the community and, hopefully, does what is best based around the information they give them.

"Plenty of situations" does not refute what I have said. Do you not understand what I mean here?
If 99% of all bans issued on the spot are perfect, and 1% are hotheaded trash, I would still rather have a banning system following a review, over on the spot banning, as that 1% is still unjust, and the 99% are still going to be banned following a later review.
Situations being a "minority" is irrelevant to this concern. It's not the point. If 1 in 5 people get murdered by a landmine, and I say "we should get rid of the landmines", "It only happens to a minority of people" is a really fucking shit argument, bro.
This is true. But, again, so what?
This is another irrelevant point.
It doesn't change anything. It doesn't modify the issue.

You asked me for a system. A solution. I have given you a solution, a system.
You seem to still miss the point, viewing the occasional shitminnery as a natural state of things, that so long as most the time the admin is good, it's fine.
This is completely fucking retarded. Again, see the landmine example. 1 in 5 people are dying to a landmine, yet you're sitting here saying "landmines are fine, you just hate landmines, why do you want to destroy the system just because a small minority of people occasionally get brutally killed?".
This is really, really dumb.
Appologies don't fix anything. Ultimately, while I am okay with forgiving a shitmin for his shitty behavior, when it keeps on fucking repeating, as I've already stated multiple fucking times, I'm going to take issue. Gitgud was given every fucking chance, mate. Get the cocks out of your ears. He wasn't booted after one offense.
Again, you do not understand the difference between admins and players.
Players do not have power.
You're comparing corrupt civilians with corrupt judges, here.
You absolutely must always hold those in power to a higher level of standard.

Yet many times these small infractions were what resulted in the biggest drama, as a player got unfairly punished for a small bit.
Good example is that one guy what killed the guy with the chest borer at his request.
There's nothing wrong with arguing where the line is.
As long as things don't keep happening, it's largely fine.
A guy who bombs the station every round should be banned. A guy who does it once in a hilarious manner? If nobody complains it isn't a problem.

So?
The last one you can prove in the game. Normal players can't, sure, but I've already stated I'd have 'game master' types what essentially cannot actually ban or such, but can look in to such matters.
As for the other two, meta gaming is very easy to spot. Two players suddenly changing course directly towards a wounded mate, or shooting an antag before said antag has revealed himself to the guy shooting him.
As far as alt accounts, I just plain do not care.

An individual is easier to control. Easier to maintain. It's a lot harder to pull some corrupt bullshit when you've got nobody backing you up. See Koriath's continual hiding behind Gitgud and company.
People can "doctor" screenshots all they want. You can still review the actual lot. People can lie all they want, too. You don't go by word of mouth. 'Least not without multiple witnesses claiming the same thing.
One "ultimate judge" following an argument is how most court systems in the world work, mate. You make your case for why X did Y, or whathaveyou, and the judge makes his decision.

As mentioned, a single admin is easier to influence, and otherwise maintain.
The "line" is mostly in terms of repeated shittery, reported by multiple individuals, with clear cut evidence brought publicly and clearly.
Admins have power. Players can only leave.

Players can be in the wrong. That is why they get bans.
But ultimately, admins are the ones who're more subject to scrutiny. They are the ones with power. They cannot be banned, 'least not easily.

'Least I'm not you, Gitgud.

You keep bringing up Gitgud and forgeting the other dozen admins we had that were booed off servers. Remember JustL? Spider?
Every admin we had, not just Gitgud, fucked up once or twice at least.
There are no perfect admins.
On the previous system, we could have 99% just bans and 1% unjust one's.
You presented a solution that would over-work an admin (and pressure him) to reach those 100% because
a)80% of the players are not involved and not care about a ban, 10% are involved and side with one player the other 10% side with the other player. One side will feed bullshit while the other also feels bullshit.

Remember that almost all cases of shittery feel justified and fair by the eyes of the perpetrator. Actual occasions where someone did something shit knowingly are actually rather small. Most people think they're in the right and blame the other guy for being a shitter. That's how 127 posts, 85 images click to expand threads about a 2 player slap-fight 78 rounds ago kept going for days.
The information the comunity would give the admin is borderline useless and unreliable.
b)Listening to the comunity would give equal voices to genious and retards alike. Only the "genious" often want things that are actually quite hard to achieve (revamped genetics) while the retards want rather simple things (moar guns!!!). Unless that admin got himself 7 or 8 coders working 3 hours a day, he'd eventually take the guns idea because "at least we get something done and part of the comunity is happy".

Apologies aren't meant to fix anything. They're a mark of civility and humility. It's a tacital recognition by both sides that one has failed to perform his duties and realized it.
It also demands a compromise between both parties: the admin must realize he fucked up and try to make it up to the other player somehow while the player realizes the admin fucked it up but not out of malice and doesn't shit up a thread with 70 BAN HE nor grief the game in revenge.

Let's cut the chit-chat, because this is the main point:
COMPROMISE
Whenever more than one people get together to do something, the chances they both want the exact same thing are quite slim.
This creates a problem for which there's no perfect solution. Someone will always be unhappy.
For these situations, the best you can do is compromise.
An admin promises to not press "Meteors" 8 times at round start while a player agrees to not plasma flood the station 5 rounds in a row.
An admin promises to not remove all RCD's from the station while the players promise to not use them to hull breach everywhere.
Keep extending this examples to everything else, compromise as a way to solve problems.

If you yourself are not willing to give up something you like, why should the other players? Why should the admin?
I like Baystation medical system. But I know it's a bad systemm for this playerbase. Instead of shitting up threads with "BAY MED WHEN?" I compromise and accept something that gets the maximum number of people here happy.

how goonish of you

And I'll repeat my idea above.
Get a Robot to do moderator work.
Never leave it in the hands of humans.
Humans downright suck, silicons actually do what they're programmed to do.

Sure. What of it?
I don't expect perfection. I expect higher standards. Again, Gitgud was given every opportunity, every bit of forgiveness to continue.
Only time I've ever seen an admin get shat on for one mistake was with that cancer for killing and cloning a person chap. And that was simply because he kept on acting like a massive pretentious faggot about the whole thing, just keeping defending his actions while giving a disingenuous apology of "I'm sorry BUT".
What's your sources? Where've you acquired those stats? Have you polled the community? Actually got a scientific study?
No. You're just pulling nonsense from your ass, deciding "10% ARE GOING TO BE AGAINST YOU BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ARE SHIT".

That's where you put your foot down and ban both of them for dragging shit into multiple games.
I wasn't thinking anything to do with coding. Frankly, I could give less of a fuck about new features. I personally do not agree with your idea that "NEW THINGS MAKE GOOD SERVERS, KEEP PILING ON THE SHIT". My stance is that I love SS13 for what SS13 has at its core. Player interaction.

That's all well and good, but what if the admin, like Gitgud did, continues to fuck up the same ways, and just keeps lying to the community about how 'sorry' he is?

No. That's the default.
That's not a compromise, that's a standard. That's where we should start.

Program it, you jew. Otherwise, fuck off with your retard robot system that'll just get abused anyway.

Actually, here's an idea that might work well for 8ch and fullfill the "server needs to be unique" mentioned here:

Not really gods, just important figures
For instance, if you were playing Space Jesus, murdering someone, event traitors was against the rules, but if Nar Sie is the round's Space God, murder is a-okay at any circunstances.

and we also end bans since no player is actuall banned: the Space Gods punish you based on their own phylosophy.
best part we can code it and apply this system to any codebase since this simply uses common admin functions that are the same throught all the codebases.

I might. Just to piss you off, cuntstain.
No Admins or Moderators. Only spacemen.

Try the other infamous name, jew :^)

I'd actually play this. You'd have issue with shitters, but hopefully eventually they'd just grow bored. I'd recommend you still have an admin, just to ban spammers, ICK OOKS, and the ilk, but otherwise, I really do like the concept of "FREE SERVER TOTAL ANARCHY".

dockor stop arguing with kyrons brother

Programmable, I'd just have then punished by having the Space God filter wathever they say in OOC to some random tidbit that's thematic (and limit the frequency.
We could use the vote system for something more than map changes for once: if enough people vote to punish a player, he gets a punishment from the space god too.
It's gonna be hilariously abused when people do this shit for no raisins and star mass voting people to punish them, but it will either get boring fast or we'll think up fun creative punishments.

That's the best part. You get rules, but rules aren't always the same and are thematic.
The hardest part is making it "portable" so it can be deployed on any code base and then ideafagging the gods.
We could still have admins for technical reasons yes, var editing to unfucking things is a common need. But as far as their "duties" went, all they were expected to do was keep the server running without performing actual moderation services.

I mainly want to bring back CLUWNs as a punishment for shitters.

What if you worship the singularity itself?
All the singularity craves is complete and total nothingess, after all.

The idea is for us to comme up with "archetypes" of moderators we want to create different rule sets and give flavour to diferent rounds.
They don't need to cover ALL the rules, just the one's relevant for them.

Two examples:
Tehcnically everyone already works for them. But what if NT was an admin?
We'd have a small script checking each department, and if the department wasn't doing it's job (sciencists not researching, genetics has no gene disks, engine not up) the people working them would be fire: their ID card would lose acess and they'd be booted out of their workplace. Here's the thing: they don't really need to be accurate and "fair", they double down as a game mechanic you can "game" around. You could sabotage another department (totally within the rules) to get them fired for instance.
If the chaplain prayed, NT would send him a box with pens (or a stetchkin if half the crew were dead so he could become James Bond)

The more pranks you pull, the happier Honkmother is. That means everytime someone slips, drinks a "funny" chemical or other shenanigans, Honkmother is pleased and the crew accumulates points, enough of those and Honkmother "blesses" the ship. With clowns and laughs. But the points keep decreasing overtime, and when she's sad, well… have you seen "IT"? Imagine something like that in every vent.
Murder is punished by turning you into a farm animal (and reincarnates you when you die into another animal, dead players will often be choosen to be clowns and re-join the crew when the Honkmother blesses the ship again).
Chaplain praying would yield, randomly, bananas, mouse traps and assorted toys. In times of danger (Honkmother displeased) she'd reincarnate players as mimes.

Rough ideas, but the most important to notice is that what they do specifically isn't as important as their purpose. The first idea, NT would promote players working as efficiently as possible in their jobs (or getting fired). It would create rounds where people are actually trying to be competent. In fact, it's against the rules to be incomptent!
The second idea, Honkmother would instead promote rounds that are all about shenanigans and having stupid dumb fun with the other players.

It doesn't really matter what God/mechanics he has. It's more about deciding "I'd like a round to focus on THIS thing is particular".

Other example Gods:
You can easily see where I'm going with this.

The singularity would be a weird moderator since the basic idea is to first gather as much mass as possible and then consume it all at once. It would turn rounds into deathmatch where the station gets destroyed a lot more, not actually a proper round-type I think.

I did use the word "Gods", but you can see them more as Authority Figures that replace moderators and follow a certain archetype.

Anyway, I'll draft a bit of code for it, give it a test run with 2 or 3 archetypes and then post a link to the code here. Anyone currently hosting a server should easily copy-paste it and have it running.
I'll try to keep the code organized and simple so if it gets popular enough, any schmuck can write in more moderators without previous coding experience.

DanielHen

Man, the I still think I've had the most laughs from this server.

I've built one of those a few times, and to be quite honest, they're boring.
I prefer my Gygax. Fast, maybe a bit breakable, but loaded with fancy jazz.

the only one worth making is the phazon and even then it's still not worth it tbh

Phazons are cool, but I just never really could justify the expense. Gygaxes are pretty cheap, all in all. Enough so that I never felt particularly greedy building them.

Then again, I usually play Cargonia when I do this jazz.

How to play SS13: don't be a dick and have fun.
How everyone plays SS13: try to ruin everyone else's fun while forgetting to enjoy being a spessmen.

the issue with mechs is movement is limited as fuck in them and movement is king in combat so anything which slows you down is into the trash, phazons are only "justified" because they can move through walls

The problem is the very nature of the game.
I believe this video frames everything rather well.
This explains the effective outlook of everyone playing. Yeah, we're friendly parts of the crew. But, everyone, everywhere, can shank you in the back at any moment. You're running a ship of paranoid, terrified, constantly hungry for combat, greedy crew. It's hard to help others, because what if they're the enemy? It's not easy to trust others, because what if they stab you in the back?
This is why I like RP. You should never play SS13 to win. If you do, the game dies.

True, but muh cluster bangs, not to mention some of the heavy weaponry.
Plus, when the mech dies, you survive perfectly fine. You just have to dodge quick.

only issue is you could get god virus and genetics for less time it takes to build a mech and the materials it takes to build one are better off getting you bag of holding with lots of x-rays lasers tbh

I've dealt with ss13 autism for a long time until I got fed up and stopped playing. The problem is that everyone plays this game to win, when it is not a game to be won. SS13 can only be enjoyed in long rounds format (2+ hours) but everyone tries their damndest to cut it short to 20-30 minutes and then wonder why SS13 isn't fun anymore.

that's due to hippie and nu/tg/, power fucking gamers just jerking off being super robust because tato shit is op as fuck

No, they power game because they want to win. They are the cancer that killed SS13.

I meant to say even though*

It's not even the long-round lot. It's the lack of player interractions. They think, if you find a tator, you MUST try and kill said tator.
You cannot run away like a coward, you cannot try to barter with the tator, you're stuck fighting because 'muh victory'.
RP servers fix this ,but fuck me do I hate the long-winded character shit. I just want a mid-range RP where it's okay to play Tyrone the black clown, generally being a nuisance around medbay, demanding drugs and "mah reperashuns".

I never could viro or genetics. Mostly because, I never had anyone to teach me, and the wiki, for hatestation's code, was broken to say the least.
Damn shame. My one area I've not learned. Everything else, I can practically do in my sleep, or at least with only one window open.

/tg/station used to be that mid-rp until it went full deathmatch server. I have played long ass rounds from dinner to breakfaster on /tg/ without even noticing the time passing because we had time and space to create interesting rounds. We didn't need top down shooter mode style mining, we didn't need constant barrage of shit assaulting the station, we had a couple of traitors and changelings and everyone just tried to have fun while being either killed off or surviving. But we're not allowed to have fun if someone dies, the round must be restarted every time so the snowflakes who went antag hunting don't feel left out, and while we're at it lets buff their favorite job so they can antag hunt better.

it like every other department is super ez tbh

I recall. /tg/ was the shit back in the day. Somehow, I had managed to find SS13 before I had ever gone through Holla Forums. Unfortunately, the same cycle I have these days was back then, where I could only play for about a month or two before dropping the lot for a year. And sadly, when I got back, everything was shit again.

Still; I'll never forget my first round as an antag. I was still new, so I was playing an assistant. My goals were to kill the chef, and steal some things I've never heard of. I figured I'd do the easy one, and just go after the chef. So I walked to the kitchen and asked to be the chef's apprentice. Unfortunately for me, the guy was super nice. So, I waited until he's shown me most the ropes on how to do things, baited him in to the kitchen, and tried to kill him.
Being the stupid new fuck I was, I bought his line of "I'm actually a tator too! We can work together", and got promply murdered as soon as I stepped away from the locker he was hiding in.
Never again had I felt such a tragic feeling of necessary betrayal, though.

I know that feeling, having to kill someone you like in the round. I was never a robust traitor myself, either, too much spaghetti, but because of that I got real good at subverting cyborgs and AI and had them do my job for me.

Getting cyborgs to do your dirtywork is practically broken.
An emagged mediborg is amazing. 'Least, back before we ended up nerfing polyacid.
You walk over to someone, and ask 'HELLO HUMAN HOW CAN I HELP YOU?'
And while they're typing, you dump two loads of polyacid on 'em, burning off most their gear, and rather severely wounding them. Only challenge was the captain, who shot me a few times.

threadly reminder that all our old coders moved onto nu/tg/ and whine about nu/tg/ daily but if you bring them any other options they'll suck the dick of nu/tg/ harder then you can imagine

I've noticed this as well, rounds on /tg/ go by way to fucking fast. I'm guessing everyone is just hunting some 'objective' because actually finding someone doing their job (be it cargo, medical or security) is really fucking rare. They have always fucked off somewhere where I can't find them, so actually interacting with players that isn't just getting robusted doesn't really happen, except for that one lizard fag that is always playing bartender.

How the fuck do solar SMESes work, and what numbers do I put them on?
/vg/station by the way

I quit this game after shitting was removed

I'm a newbie but I'd love to play on a Holla Forums server if anyone wants to host. I understand it's much easier said than done, just stating my interest.

Use the wiki you fag.
I'm not sure if it changes from station to station, but there should be reference to this lot in the 'setting up solars' guide on most wikis.
I personally lower the level a fair bit. Find that it is more likely to remain stable. And so long as you set up four, you're going to have enough power. Some people also wire straight to the grid, though I do not recommend this. wiring is a pain if you are new.

Fun and unrelated to this thread

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door

Shit, I posted it in the wrong thread. Please don't bully me

Are you new to the game? It seems very confusing until you learn a bit more about everything and it's not even that interesting but here's how things breakdown:

On /tg/ and most other servers where "roleplaying" is as optional as wearing a hat, about half the playerbase spends the first 5-10 minutes assembling their "kit".
The "kit" depends on your job, assistants go for toolbelt, insulated gloves, multitool (other tools are helpfull but not as important), cablecuffs and stun prod.
Medics\Chemists go for sprays with deadly chemicals, grenades and syringe guns.
Scientists go for guns.

Etc, etc. You get the idea. After 10 minutes, half the crew is ready for judgement day because that's what they are there for. You won't find them in their post because that's boring and nothing happens there. Instead you'll see them either in heavily populated areas or idling in the bar. You can tell them apart very easily because they don't say a word or interact with anyone, but as soon as anything remotely exciting is mentioned over the radio, they rush there ASAP.
Most of them are just playing for the excitement, others just want to participate in a "Cops&Robbers" game because that's what they see SS13 as and other folks just want to end the round as fast as possible so they have a shot at being traitor. These last ones often commit suicide if they don't roll traitor because playing normal jobs is less fun than observing the game for them.

The funny thing is that this shit has consequences. A lot of people started complaining about validhunters, that it got to a point that Maintenance was less safe for traitors than the Crew Quarters if they wanted to buy illegal items or kill someone, since so many people roamed maintenance.
So a lot of players started killing players left and right when they were traitors because they didn't cared about their objectives (they are gonna be caught anyway, might as well have fun first) while others just did their objective and then nothing else for the entire round since they'd risk being caught, completely ignoring the true purpose of traitors in a way that actually makes sense. If you already stole all the items you need and killed all your targets, you are not gonna risk anything else, right?
Infamous in particular where Changelings that everyone knew were onboard because the radio chatter would slowly dimish as people were taken out of the round one by one in very stealthy but boring ways.

To put it simply, validhunters forced the traitors to play in very boring and terrible ways and ended up ruining the game far more than just being the dickheads they usually are.
This of course isn't counting the many times where powergamers get Security in serious issues because the way they adquire items to powergame isn't entirely legal in an IC way, but if an Officer tries to arrest them, they'll fight back and even kill you, which is the best outcome you can get. Try to fight back and you'll get a ban or a jobban.

TL;DR: You're seeing a bunch of fags powergaming as much as they can because that's the only playerbase left on /tg/ and how they roll.

The funny thing about furries and scalies is that, despite some of them being indeed special snowflakes and thriving on drama, the great majority at least cares more about RP than your standard spessmen in pretty much almost all servers.
And considering the kind of game that SS13 is, you'll have better and more fun rounds playing with furries than with regular players and I think that's a very funny statement about how bad your average spessmen is at having fun with someone else that's not him.

Last I checked (and I think it's mostly the same for most stations) here's what you do.

There's a computer nearby that controls the solars. You have to wire them first and then start the PC on auto.
Solar power for each array varies between 0 and 90.000. SMES only charge if there's more power than their input setting, so what you set them for is 70.000 in input and 50.000 in output.
This means they'll be charging for a long while and then have enough charge to spend when Solars are producing less than 70.000

You can also wire them directly to the grid and bypass the SMES or rather work with them in paralell, but that's not a very safe thing to do.
fucking do that shit in all solars, singularity, turbine and any other engine you find. You'll fry anyone hacking doors or touching electrified grills and that's what the little shits deserve for trashing YOUR station

I've played very little on tg station. But I somewhat familiar with their code. And I really can't believe what you say about validhunters. Traitors always had much better equipment then anything people can normally get, with very few exceptions. They have anti-stun implants and very strong guns - ebow and revolver. With these guns they can easily kill pretty much any validhunter or sec officer. And changelings are even stronger. I will never believe that antags were forced to murderbone. That is something they do completely voluntary, as I see it happen on every other server, validhunters or not. So any notion that validhunters forced traitors to act like that is bullshit.

Maybe you prefer playing with furries, but every time I see them, they erp or just jerk off to their snowflake characters chatting in bar, very few do their job, especially competently. God forbid someone would kill them - they cry and bitch until that person is banned, even if they are traitor. And you get HighRP as a result, aka furry circlejerk. If that is preferable to you, you should really stop playing this game. As it is not SS13 anymore.

I vaguely remember that there was some autist who had a "brother" and "they" added some really shit code to the server. Wouldn't take no for an answer and sperged out with max-char ranting posts. I say this because reminds me rather vividly of him. What was his name again? I want to tell him to fuck off.

B A N A N A O F E T E R N A L S L E E P

Its funny because its horribly wrong but if you switch "traitor" with "changeling" and do the necessary modifications suddenly its completely true. Thanks /tg/ TGStation

There's some very funny details about balance in the game that you learn after playing several rounds that tell you this ain't actually as accurate as you'd imagine it to be.

See, it's true that Traitors get some pretty powerfull weapons, namely the revolver and the e-sword if murder is your deal.
However, none of those kills in one hit. You know what kills you in one hit? A stun. You can follow literally any form of stun in /tg/ with cablecuffs and after that, you can do literally anything you want with your target.

Let me give you the most retarded example possible so you understand just what exactly this entails. You can show up in front of someone with a frigging flamethrower and all that's gonna happen is them stunning you, drop&roll to put out the flames and still have enough time to cuff you, after which they'll incinerate you with your own flamethrower.

Remenber as well that anyone can make stungloves\stunprods very easily, that you can throw stunprods for ranged stuns and you can even bait beepsky (easily done if someone helps) to get a free stun baton as well or just steal a taser from the armory or any sec locker provided you can get the means to open them (protip: it's something so easy that Sec Officers have an harder time getting a new taser than you do at stealing one)

Now remenber this as well: There's a ton of other gear that you can basically break down into 2 categories. Stealthy gear and Explosive gear.
Stealthy gear is situational and gives you an advantage only if you know how to properly utilize it. Voice changers aren't gonna help if nobody is roleplaying or cares about any authority figure, even thermal googles aren't that much of a help if you're walking tight corridors and you're bum rushed or cornered. Point is, it takes quite a bit of work for these to payoff.
Explosive gear doesn't simply mean things that go boom, but rather things that make you go loud and clear about who you are.
These give you away the second you use them and not only you have to know how to use them properly without fucking you in the process (sing beacon), they will often put a target on your head the moment you use them (any weapon at all).

So every gear you have requires skill, work and some luck to actually be the truly amazing item it seems to be.
Meanwhile, any jackass can steal a fire axe using just a multi-tool for a weapon that's even more dangerous than the e-sword (stun when it hits). They can get a syringe gun to load you up with literally anything that Chemistry can make or even use grenades that will certainly be filled with stuff that's way more dangerous than anything you can get.
Or just order guns from Cargo or make guns that shoot through walls in Science.

So you see, the gear\abilities you get seem impressive but the crew has an easier access to stuff that's not only better but even less situational or troublesome. It comes to a point that actuall good traitors don't even order any gear at all, they use whatever they find and often have better odds that way.

He is still limited by the chems in his body, which lets him do a lot of crap but a Chemist can make immortal pills and a Virologist can get passive regeneration as well. The Geneticist can even turn into a monkey at will from the getgo to a point that monkeys had to be "fixed" so the captain ID wouldn't go missing while the Captain himself hadn't even had time to leave his cabin!

So where's the server, boys :o)

That one wasn't 2skeleton, was it?
I don't have the picture on this hard drive, but does anybody got 'rip in slip'?

That shit never ends, I've experienced it myself.
Anyways here's a hint: The Changeling Sting bar drink actually checks if you're a changeling and increases your chem regeneration rate if you use it.

Even with the upgrade, you get 2 uses of the "stun recover" power, and you need the upgrade to use several stinger combinations as well.
Otherwise, you're gonna have to wait a fuckton of time for more chems to generate.
Sure, it's infinite and all that. But when there's people tailing you, it's not on your powers that you'll depend if you want to make it out alive.

played SS13 a scant few times over the past few years but never really got into it, so yesterday I decided to put my own server up to fuck around in and learn the ropes of being an engineer so now I feel I'm ready to play for real
with that said wheres the server at?

Mate, stuns are the trump card against all weaponry save mechs, and any assistant can craft stun weapons.

get in niggers more than 2 people in.

Is there any way to fix combat short of rewriting the entire game?

Remove/rework stuns and change the way you need to cuff someone with. Consider letting the stunned smuck still be able to move on the ground at a slow pace/fight back in melee and severely reducing the stun time so actual weapons that deal damage aren't complete shit vs tasers.

chaosyourgod went full autism and posted his nudes

boards.4chan.org/soc/thread/25926544#p25930584>>13881816

Dude doesn't even have anything to do with the server that isn't even active anymore anyway, why would this even matter? You have got to be the only person that even finds this high-school tier drama remotely fun.

hi chaos

you have man tits

Shortening stuns is a good first step. It's a very basic game design decision, the more restrictive a debuff is, the shorter it should last giving it a niche that doesn't overlap with everything else.
However it's a very small step on a very long jorney since there are a myriad of other problems that you'd need to fix as well.

For starters, Crit is a crappy state that rarely does anything for the game. Traitors and anyone intent on killing you means crit = death unless there's someone else nearby to assist.
However Crit has to exist so there's a "downed state" where a player isn't death but can't fight anymore. The problem with this is that he will eventually die from this, meaning it's reserved for murder attempts only.
So you have to rework damage types like this:

Limb based damage
Every limb has a cap of damage it can take. Arms and legs at 50, Hands, Feet and Head at 25 and Torso at 75. You don't die from 200 points of damage like you currently do but you still fall unconscious once the total damage exceeds a certain value (you still breathe while unconscious, though)
When targetting a limb, you have a chance based on it's current damage and your attack to hit internal organs or bones. At the damage cap, this chance is 100%. This means that once you've beaten someone's Torso to 75 points of damage, every strike will now target his ribcage or organs.

Brute Damage
There's a distintion to be made here, blunt damage can break bones while cutting damage can open wounds. Both can damage internal organs, but the chance to damage them is always the same for cutting while it increases for blunt as the limb becomes more damaged. Both wounds and blunt damage heal on their own, faster if sleeping and if well fed.

Burn Damage
It counts for limb damage as well and it causes double the pain that Brute does for the purpose of passing out. Using a limb that's burned has a chance to fail depending on damage so you'll trip or drop stuff if heavily burned. It also cuts down on your breathing capabilties, with a full burned body having only 10% breathing capabilities.

Toxin Damage
It ticks up to 100 and then stays there. It's cleared by the liver and while it's higher than 20, it will target an internal organ every tick and deal some damage based on it's amounts. Specialized poisons will target particular organs before decaying into normal toxins as well.

Oxyloss Damage
Currently, this starts ticking whenever there's no breathable air, you're in crit, you're lacking blood or you have severe brain damage.
Instead, I'd rather have the last part in reverse. Having Oxyloss higher than 50 would start to damage your brain. Having it higher than 100 will make you go unconscious and it caps at 200.
This means that bleeding out, having a destroyed heart or not breathing will eventually destroy your brain.

Death
Comes strictkly from the death of your brain and nothing else. You could have all your limbs at the cap of damage and still be alive, so no more "100 for crit, 200 for death".
It sounds hard to kill someone but in reality what this means is that you can bash someone's skull until you start damaging their brain and kill them easily that way, or hit them in the torso with a knife, damage their heart or other organs and they'll slowly die from bleeding or toxins. Or you can use specialized toxins that target the heart or lungs to kill someone.

On the other hand, regular players are free to beat the crap out of someone in self-defense without worrying (too much) about killing them, especially if they use blunt weapons and target limbs.
Ideally, the pain from both legs and an arm being broken would be enough to make someone go unconscious, at which point he starts healing on his own but leaving you alone.
This means you can defend yourself without having to carry them back to the medbay right afterwards (fearing a ban)

It makes combat more serious but also more varied and with more outcomes to it.
Ideas? Comments?

tfw youve seen his fat greasy face from months ago

I wanted to keep them as ""insurance"" but I deleted them for obvious reasons

Oh right, I forgot this part.

You can't honestly actually fix combat because a lot of people play like it's an arena shooter and disregard a lot of the lore expect to create loopholes that justify their shit.
An assistant fighting against an Officer doesn't make any sense for instance. Sure, you might be able to even kill the guy but you're both employed by the same company, what do you think is going to happen to you when your shift is over? That goes double for when you disobey orders from any Head for any role as well, but it's not like anyone cares about this.

This seems like a petty RP complaint but the practical effect of it is that nobody fears pain or death in the game at all. They'll fight tooth and nail just to "win", even when there's no logical reason that their character would try that hard, therefore the Crit state is a necessity since it's the only thing that keeps them down, and even then not for long.
There's a lot more to be done on the RP part of the game that can actually help with combat as well.

And another slightly tangencial topic here, who the fuck even came up with the idea that Officers had to be Space Cops and follow Spess Law? They aren't employed by the government to protect NT, they are private guards working for a private company, there's no fucking law there! There's only defending the interests of the company and complying with orders from their superiors, they have no reason to worry about "human rights" or "laws", they should be able to arrest you simply because they see you being a danger to the station! And then put something in your criminal records that gets you into trouble later on!
Seriously, this expectation that private guards act in human and respectable manners is fucking retarded and severely limits the potential of the game. It's almost like IRL, with people abusing the law to get cops into trouble when they try to do their job.

if you want to see my nudes just ask tbh

Because the people who tend to spread it are either A) People who haven't played on the server in years and had one shitty encounter or B) People who never played on it and just give off an echo chamber opinion.

I been playing on /tg/ since 2012, you never find much if any degeneracy. ERP is banned and if it does occur when the ban is lifted, admins will send thoughts to your players head to go kill whomever and whatever location they're fucking in (aka the dorms). But last time I seen any type of ERP happen was years ago.

/tg/ has had it's ups and downs for various reasons since its inception, but it's probably the most enjoyable server for me. I like the fun shit they put in and the rp is not too dark and not too light, just right in many ways.

Even when you greytide, /tg/ admins won't get on your back unless you actively kill people as non-antag even if it's self defense for invading another persons restricted area.

I actually really enjoy roleplaying. Some of the characters that are absolutely batshit insane or have some type of gimmick are my favorite. I also like when all the roleplaying creates this convoluted story.

Example: I was a traitor mime the other day…who also spoke. I kept myself off the station for most of the round creating an HQ on the abandoned teleporter and then linking several other teleporters together. Eventually I snuck my way onto lava planet and made contact with Ashwalkers. They spared me and I told them for a truce. We then opened a portal bridge and abducted around 8-10 people and sending them to be tendril'd back at their nest. The Ashwalker uprising by a talking mime was hilarious. The entire station got horribly fucked and only an ashwalker, myself, and some other guy made to Centcom.

Also pic is from few nights ago. During Nuke Ops, I dragged a Colossus onto the station as an Ashwalker.

Repeat once every other game. That's SS13 in a nutshell. I uninstalled that awful meme game after a week of this shit.

I agree with some parts. Yes, stunning on /tg/ is ridiculous at times and can easily fuck you over. The biggest problem is the disarm push. It's perhaps the biggest bullshit in the game. You can disarm about anyone it's all luck based. See someone with a running chainsaw? Not a problem, just push him down! Yes push the fucker with a chainsaw thats turned on. And then once he's pushed down he'll stay on the floor just long enough to incapacitate him with the chainsaw you picked up from him. Bull fucking shit.

Ok I get this feeling you haven't play on /tg/ in years. Stungloves haven't been a thing since maybe 2013. Stunprods are illegal unless the situation is so dire and usually it's given to people who are implanted or deconverted from cult/revs. On top of that you can't put them in a bag and they stick out like a sore thumb when carrying them.

Beepsky knocks people down who drag him if he sees a criminal. Also on top of this, the stunprod he gives out now (for well over a year) doesn't recharge nor does it have any power. In other words its useless.

Tasers are only provided in the armory now. You have to ask Warden for one. They no longer spawn in security officer lockers.

The most a fire axe can do is knock you unconscious. But that's all luck based whether or not it's applied on hit. Most of the time it doesn't work.

What fucking server was that?

I remember now. It was hatestation like 1 year ago.

Should try out /vg/ or /tg/ tbh.

Correct, I haven't been there for ages.
I knew the stun gloves were removed and replaced by prods since they were too sneaky a tool, and I guess that's the reasoning for them not being able to be placed in bags.
But can you keep the stun prod in your bag as long as it's not fully assembled? Because if you can, it's just a matter of grabbing 2 items and quickly combining them in your hand to pull a stun prod from your backpack.
There's a lot of stuff that's "illegal" in the game and people still do them because any Officer that tries to enforce those laws is a "no fun allowed faggot" and likely will get a jobban.

I meant that people used to throw tiles or other shit at him to break him without aggroing the power thing. Or two players combined and while one provoked Beepsky, the other would beat it down while it was busy arresting the first shitter.
It's likely because these 2 things were too hard to fix that they nerfed his baton, something I wasn't aware of but really doesn't suprise me.

That's still acessible by doors that can be hacked in 5 seconds, yes. Also, can't you just order them from Cargo in crates anyway and open them with a sawned-off shotgun using live ammo or an Emitter?

I'd have to read the code again but I'm pretty sure that if you dual-wield, it's 100% certain that it makes you fall down. Not unconscious, it just knocks you down for a short-stun.
It's also a Force 45 weapon or so when dual-wielded.

There were some faggots that went about being giant cunts to try and drive players away from the servers or just because that's how they have fun.
Usually they'd monitor when admins weren't online and show up then to start shit.
It's really not even a good representative of how the community was here, rounds were pretty confy and you could go for hours without worrying that the guy next to you is plotting your death, a very rare instance in SS13 servers.

Alright, correction there, the fireaxe seems to be quite nerfed in TG at only 24 force for wielded.
The knockdown chance is likely the default chance every melee has based on it's force value, if that's still a thing there.
On the other hand, wielded spears are 18 force. A ghetto weapon is 18 force.
I miss the days that a 15 force weapon was rare and precious…

How long will you keep this server up?

As the host fucked off after paying for a period, I can only assume the server will go down in either a couple of days or in a month. Staff is non-existent, so invite friends and maybe try to make your own self-governing community.

you're talking about honkstation?

I wouldn't mind paying for another server tbh. T wolfspider/chaosyourgod

Dragon Universe (now named "Super" due to copyright strike is better.)
(Yes I'm the owner of Dragon Universe lol hi faggots)

They've managed to triple the "quality" of BYOND (as long as the devs make use of the new smoothness features, but most haven't) but it's still shit compared to any real engine.

do anyone actually play that game?

It's the 2nd most popular game on BYOND, which means 200+ players at peak hours. That's about it…

not terrible then

I doubt it's even the same genre\type of game, saying it's better doesn't really make sense.
Besides, it's Dragon Ball so in SS13 terms, you're gonna spend an entire round watching 2 guys powering up an attack they only use at the end of the next round.

Have you considered hosting other games, though? Maybe even in paralell in the same server?
I'm looking right now at the InfernoMOO leaked code, I've managed to host it for myself and I'm reading on it's commands (currently trying to figure out how to flux every other player account\mob to scrub it)

It's a mess to try and understand on your own but once you can get it running, it's pretty easy to host (literally run a single file in Linux) and it keeps going with no input.
Plus, you can have programmers coming in and helping around with content or new mechanics since writing is all the skill required.

I'm mentioning a MUD here because it's probably the best option for a "chan server". People can play at anytime they want and enjoy the game freely, even during lowpop hours so "empty station syndrome" isn't an issue with this.

I would likely have to get a server which can handle lots of different processing like that at the same time it'd be more costly then just getting a dedicated server and may cause issues for each game depending on traffic

That's your decision, it looks like a lot of people here want their very own 8station. First, you need to find an active developer who won't completely change the game like a nigger and would keep the game interesting enough for people to stay. I would get in contact with the dwarven bugfixing autist. You also have a history that some autists spew relentlessly to defame you.

I don't think running a MUD and an SS13 on the same server is really that cpu-intensive, but I don't know what machines we are talking about here.
If you have to pick a single game to run however, then I'd recommend the following:

If you go for SS13, you'll need a very good gimmick to pick the attention of players to try it again. Get a coder and maybe an artist to work on something and only host once it's ready.
You'll also have to import the user OOC code and demand that every account used to work on Github be a variation of user#9999. You gotta cut down on identities entirely for an Holla Forums server or you're just gonna invite drama.

If you can't get a good enough gimmick made or if it fails to bring enough players to kickstart the server, then… Don't go for InfernoMOO yet.
You need someone that can not just use enough admin verbs to admin the game, but also explain it to someone else.
There's some extra issues with this option, like names being mandatory since that's your character (not entirely correct with the account system however) as well as having to be carefull with who you let be a programmer\wizard.

However, like I said, unlike SS13 InfernoMOO offers an incredibly large and detailed world that works on it's own to keep players busy even if they are the only ones playing at that time. As long as Admins don't act like dicks but also don't allow the game to devolve into autistic PvP fests of uber players killing newbies all the time, it's a better alternative for a chan board.

It's like some of the people here are only interested in the drama, at least we used to play before. Can't you change community?

No. You can only change what you control, namely you or whatever space you own.
You can decide to stop being an asshole, but you can't force anyone else to stop being assholes.
You can kick the asshole out of your server\bar\site, but he will likely still be an asshole, only somewhere else.
And considering no SS13 admin here is also an Holla Forums admin, there's nothing that can be done about the fags that get banned in-game and use their newly found free time to shitpost the thread.

The best you could do is try to create a sense of community where people care more about WHAT instead of WHO, something that should be second nature to user's but go figure, it seems harder than it should be.
Failing that, you can just starve the troll and carry on, but this means you need to pitch in effort to make the thread\game good as well.

What kind of fucking faggot would play a video game?

I'm aware of what it takes however I'm not sure it's worth it

the issue is coders, there is a massive lack of them because the majority of them only work on nu/tg/ station or goon

Am actually midimin in this serb, got no admin powers minus checking if someone is antag or not and can only upload dank memes. Last i saw of the admin log, no other admin has logged in since at least a month or so.

Will try to play tonight, maybe.

Contradiction. Reskinning weapons and jumpsuits or bloating the game with more chems doesn't keep the game insteresting but anything more complicated than this will "completely change the game".
And considering how a lot of people have many issues with many aspects of the game, combat especially, "completely changing the game" could actually be something interesting.
I mean, if you're just gonna have the very same SS13 that any other server has, why would anyone bother with this server instead of the more populated ones? You either do something different or you're just a re-color.

They work there because they have a circlejerk of faggots that aprove their ideas and because they have a very large playerbase that uses what they code.
No coder ever writes stuff only for himself, having other players using what you write is always the goal. It's a work of passion and if you go looking for coders that do what someone else wants instead of what they like, you won't find them unless you hire them.
You want coders to work on the server? Call and place no restrictions except "as long as it doesn't crash the game", let them do their thing and revert anything that ends up making the game worse (the main feature of using Github)
I mean, I think we have already tried everything else, why not set the asylum free and try the dumbest, craziest shit possible and see what happens?

I really don't get space station 13. Whats the appeal supposed to be?

I'd rather have a clear goal set in mind with actual planning and design documentation so that the code base isn't a complete mess

I'm not talking about adding a new goofball/k* flavor of the month meme or recoloring a furry race. A lot of players liked the older Holla Forums stations because it was pre-overhauled, casualized /tg/. Realistically, I don't think we'll ever rack in enough talent to be able to completely work in a whole new module or overhaul SS13 into something like Lifeweb or whatever you're thinking of.

Roleplaying and immersion with a lot of mechanics that facilitate both instead of merely pretending are the main draw, even for fags that only care about combat (even if they don't notice this).
If you think that RP is stupid and Immersion is a buzzword, SS13 is not the game for you.

We are still talking about SS13, right? Because that's how the codebase is currently, and likely will keep on being.
A clear goal sounds like a good idea, but try and come up with one them. What do you want the game to become in the future?

I was under the impression that the servers were popular because there was a chan mentality with the playerbase and because silly shit would find it's way into the game. Often you only had to talk a bit about your idea on the thread and if a coder though it was funny enough, it would end up being coded. I think that proximity between coders and playerbase was a plus back then as well.

The question is not if you believe in this or not but rather what happens if such talent shows up.
Do you shun it because it changes the game and you just want the same game over and over again? Or do you accept change in the hopes that maybe some of the new stuff improves the game?
Because if said talent doesn't show up, you won't have a server to begin with and if you shoo it away, then might as well play on the actually populated servers since there's nothing new here.

Because otherwise, I'm really not seeing what you'd think "keeps the game interesting" actually means, implies or entails.

I don't have the coding skills to set a realistic a goal nor write up a coherent design document, so it's not for me to do

We're pretty much on the same page, my vocabulary choice wasn't right. I probably shouldn't have used "the game interested", rather than saying "keep people interested in the game." People do come for the mentality, but then get pissed off and leave because the codebase is in disrepair.

Lol

WHAT? What are you smoking? I play security all the god damn time and I never get job ban for arresting people who are holding illegal shit like this. Hell I cut off limbs greyshits who break into the captains office.

Good luck getting into armory without being perma or gulag'd. And no, that's roughly 4 doors you need to go through. 5 if you're on MetaStation.

You have to go to armory to get live ammo for a shotgun. You can't break it open with rubber bullets from the bartender.

You need to play on the server again. You admitted you haven't been on there in ages. I steal it all the time and aim for the head, it does not knock you immediately. It's all chance based. And no, it's not stunned based. Play on the server.

Carrying a spear can land you in jail for up to 2-5 mins give or take depending on who's a security officer. I've confiscated them many times by assistants. I'm usually more forgiving and just give them a warning not to have them or else face punishment.

The problem is that you have shitposters who'll try and deal in absolutes in how if you're even slightly interested in RP then you belong on Baystation. These are the type of people who'll wiggle around to justify their powergaming/metagaming/ooc garbage they bring onto the server they're infesting. There is no light, medium, or dark RP. There is just extreme RP or no RP in their eyes.

Quick idea for coderfags and our smaller playerbase:
Make a new map. Starts with a small crew quarters, a solar crate and some food.
It's smack dab in the middle of the asteroid. There's only asteroid with space around the edges so you can still fuck off into space.
New Gamemode: Autism.
Just let people get in and build a station.
This would need some kind of "delivery" beacon that works like cargo but let's buildables arrive in the first room too.
Objectives:give long-term objectives to the station. Grow 500 plants in Hydroponics. Get all genomes identified, max research (and make these objectives harder)
Hostiles: every now and then, syndicate drop pods fall on the station. Or alien eggs. Enemies are NPC's, but resilient and armed. You can reclaim their weapons (and organs).

You could have something like this running for days with everyone coming in and building a couple of things then leaving, coming the next day to build more. I fully expect a "round" to last 2 to 3 days.

Also change the Gateway to take you to randomized locations. Abandoned ships, hostile planets, enemy ships, other stations, crap like that so people have something raid.

Heck, for lore reasons, say the players are one of the many sindicate factions that set up a base and raid NT bases/stations/ships for money.

SYNDICATE STATION 13
Because let's face it: we're all fucking assholes.

Ayo midimin back in here. Serb is empty, anyone wanna join for some shenanigans on ?

How do I download this to fuck about by myself while I learn?

You can just learn about it on the server current since there's like, no one else who is playing right now. If you actually want to download it and host it on your own, you can get the latest version on github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station

As for actually running a server, you'll need to compile the source with DreamMaker and then use the file it generates with DreamDaemon to actually host the serb. You get both of them when you download byond so they should be in c:/program files (x86)/byond/bin subdirectory or wherever the heck you installed byond into.

I'll be honest, this sounds gay as fuck. Might as well play minecraft instead.

Well, guess we ain't doing shit then.

We could call it prophets and profits

That sounds really fun, actually. Would need EVA suits from the getgo, and enough for everyone so they wouldn't get bored.
t. Previously IUNCUS mapfag.

What happened to the junkyard map you were making? Did it just go full stop once the thread died or what the hell man? I was actually looking foward to testing it out.

Minecraft doesn't simulated atmospherics or burning people's faces off in deep fryers

Does anyone wanna join up and shit around in a station with a relatively brand-new codebase based on a translation of one of the russian servers called CEV-Eris? I've heard it's got some really cool features but i've never tried it myself. Some dude's hosting it on this IP:

Here's my whole dissertation on SS13, from a man who's probably played upwards of 500 hours of it. I quit it recently, Ideally I'll wait like a decade before coming back to it, but my reasoning is this:
SS13, in the current gamemode setup, it fundamentally flawed. Let's all face the elephant in the room: the permadeath/player-prompted respawns are really holding the game back. Like I said, I've played the game for 500 hours, and around half of that was waiting for the round to end - and around three quarters of THAT of that was shit I couldn't "get gud" to avoid, like a maxcap going off in the adjacent rune or a syndie setting explosive doortraps, or even arrivals just being fucked to shit and dying from my skin boiling in the vacuum of space.
A GAME IS SIMPLY NOT A GOOD GAME IF THE LOSE CONDITION ISN'T CAUSED BY THE PLAYER
obviously there's some exceptions to this, but for MOST of the time I shouldn't be dying over shit I have no control over. This glaring fucking flaw is only emphasized by the respawn system (yes I'm aware some servers have respawn but that's also an invalid way to treat the game because of metagaming). It's so fucking aggravating to be playing for 5 minutes in a 2 hour long round only to die for some idiotic reason and not be able to play anything. Although I'd argue the simple solution is just to make more interesting ghost roles (for example, being able to be in a secluded sandbox in the centcomm arena) if you really wanted to address the issue head on, I'd recommend this. obviously this would be extremely hard to implement in byond but whatever
Anyways, that's the biggest flaw with the game, the death system works like shit and detracts from my funs.
However, there are some other problems - there's a lot of content overload and a lack of content depth to the game.
There's too much shit to do in your average 1-2 hour long game (assuming you survive that long) and there's multiple delays on that shit if people aren't doing their fucking jobs. Although the game isn't focused on progression and it's more about the whole "werewolf" style of gameplay, it's still annoying to have to slowly get all of the shit together so I can perfect myself to become the perfect god virus mech-piloting cyborg. Paradoxically, all of these things individually can be done in like 5 minutes. Science is basically a joke where you can just search up a 20 item list to maxing it. Genetics/botany/virology can be done fairly quickly with the right methodology, and chem/robotics can be done quickly with the right materials. None of this stuff feels like it has depth or meaning in independent rounds. There's an autistically designed superfluous atmosphere simulation, but why isn't there something like randomly generated elements and stoichemetry for chemistry? There's a tedious cooking/bartending buff/debuff system, but why can't science make modular/custom gadgets? There's the redundant organ/limb damage system, but why can't robotics create their own robot modules or exosuit chassis? All of the development is really scatterbrained.

>. if you really wanted to address the issue head on, I'd recommend this:
that's probably all the shit I found, i'm not a good proofreader.

but of course he died when the ninja bomb went off
that was almost a great round for the population we had but the admin had to fag it up.
All we get is blob, changeling, ninja. Basic human syndicates would be nice

It's multiplayer if you cant handle things not going your way all the time play something else or just chill/whine in deadchat until next round.

Lifeweb solved this pretty elegantly with wraiths, you continue to RP as a wraith with limited powers after death, you can still affect the round pretty profoundly if you're good, avenge yourself, say goodbye to your loved ones, be a spooky headless ghost leading your wife to the scene of your murder and corpse wordlessly etc.

Does anyone know what the heck's been going on with hippie lately? It's been down more than it's been live recently. I hardly ever pay attention to OOC and avoid forums like the plague.

I still have the file and everything, I stopped working on it because host let the server die even after he promised he wouldn't big shocker right and because I had other things vying for my time, the lack of population didn't justify working on it.

t. different ID because I commute.

I'm sorry, but Paradise isn't Vorestation. Paradise is forked from /tg/station I think, and the proper Vorestation is forked from Polaris.
Also the real deal has an actually amazing map with like 6-7 z-levels of station.
wiki.vore-station.net/Category:Locations

Holy shit, all I said is that the it's annoying that the core concept of the game encourages things like antags killing unwitting players 5 minutes in in a 2 hour long round. That's not fun. I can play a well designed game like almost any other game, I'll used cuphead for a more recent example, and the player death is caused by lack of skill or autonomy. (Plus you don't have to wait forever to respawn) If I die it's because I ran into an obstacle or got hit by an avoidable projectile. It's not impossible to beat. But in SS13 if I walk down a hallway to the toolshed to get a screwdriver for my job, and there's a syndie faggot hiding in tools maint with thermals, a toxins bee bomb, and a civillian door remote, how am I supposed to act if he detonates the bomb inside the dark tunnel and opens the doors only to get swarmed by cyanide and mindbreaker bees? How was I supposed to avoid that? Am I supposed to just hole myself in and never leave my post even when I need something to continue doing my job?
Why do I want to play a game that not only doesn't respect your time, but wastes it?

How is this different from P&P games where your DM let's shitters run free? Stop treating SS13 like a regular video game, because it isn't.

What server have you dedicated your time towards? Because servers like /tg/ have alternate roles one can take so you're not out of the game even if your main character died. Whether it be from gold/lightpink slime to make a monster sentient, ashwalkers, free golems, shadowling, blob, xeno, abandoned medical facility on lava planet, artificial brain for cyborg, you name it.

That said, plenty of servers are opposite where there are absolutely no alternative role respawns. Remember, each server is basically their own drastic variation of the concept of SS13 to the point where they can be regarded as completely different games.

Just like real life

Well in the case of P&P you can stop letting that faggot DM or stop inviting those shitters. There really is no difference.

The only job more underclassed and often underestimated than the Assistant is the clown. And if the clown is any good, not only are they the best distraction you could ever ask for, but you can count on them to have you laughing all the way back to centcom to get your greentext.

I can always put up another server

T. wolfspider/chaosyourgod tbh

Also, there's shit being worked on for the server before the host resurrects it. Like improvements to the line-of-sight system.

I mean, go for it- just keep the degeneracy to a containment board or something. Actually, the idea of autistically building a station every round could be a draw. Security's main problem (if public server) would be bashing saboteurs.
Actually, one item I would've liked to see added is a pressure suit like pic related. Provides no defensive benefit, and doesn't work in high pressures, but protects you from the vacuum of space and from the cold- all you need to carry around is a helmet. Upside is there's no movement penalty, appears under your clothing, and you can have them everywhere.
Furthermore, gas would be gotten from that gas giant idea I had. Curious if one could have a "cargo shuttle" made out of space tiles (you just have the same programmed area be a shuttle), and design the receiving area to look like a gravity net or something.
Another hidden benefit would be facilitating lazyness on my part (if I built it) because the station really gets built by the crew, for the most part.

if I did rn, we'd have no coder or anything tbh

Well, with my idea here hur dur I've been known to use da bee pee enn, not sure much coding is required. Half the reason IUNCUS was so ambitious is because I wanted multiple Z levels and cargo elevators between them. IUNCUS would actually be interesting as a horror themed station… heh Some renaming of things, copying some things.. dunno what happened to koriath? Is he still BTFO? We could always try to fork baystation and go from there.
It depends. I got some heavy stuff coming down the pipeline, but it's considerable. I still like this game and don't want it to die.

koriath wants to code but his brother brings him down and I don't want anything to do with kyron anymore so it's not an ideal situation for him

The core of the game shouldn't be rules based. It should always enable creativity and allowing players to be creative and do silly shit

Then Kyron is a faggot. Fuggit maybe I would do it… the Engiestation 13 one though. To my understanding atm the only coding would be the custom cargo "shuttle" AKA mass driver and gravity net. That also is just renaming some stuff. Be interesting if the crates came inside a pod which had to be welded/crowbarred/screwed/wrenched open. (Another item, but just fork it from wooden crowbar crates) Players are the ones building doors, APC's, and using blueprints to declare Areas…
Stuff to create in map editor:

Koriath, this is one of the most pathetic attempts at samefagging and self-validation I think I've ever seen. Please stop while you're ahead and just fuck off, not a single person ever bought your 'hurr it's all my brother's fault dindu nuffin' bullshit and I very much doubt anyone wants your shitty half-baked "additions" to any server period.

I'm not koriath. You're brothers right? Go check his computer or some shit with my timestamp.

No one else writes paragraphs of retarded 'suggestions' and then tries to congratulate himself besides Koriath. Take a hike, autist.

How do I know you're not Koriath? This is a mongolian basket weaving forum you nigger.

we don't need one coder, we need lots of coders as well as spriters mapers and everything else tbh

we've got alot of autists who make very lengthy posts here, I can name them off the back of my hand and even tell which is which, why can't you?

Why the autism around coders? The game is there, it works. If you can't even get a stable playerbase, why even start worrying about fucking coders?

Guess i'll host Eris again before the thread devolves into autistic screeching again

I know for a fact we can get a player base that'll last for around afew months, that's proven, what I want is a player base that lasts for years and the only way to achieve that is to have a codebase that's our own and that isn't shit

And if you had read my lengthy autistic post, as you called it… you would know that build a station 13 requires very little in the way of coding.. as you say many of the ideas in my new pitch are actually in our codebase already. Having mapped before, it helps one learn what we actually have.
In fact, since I have some free time right now, I'm going to draw a something up and see what comes of it.

Not promising anything, but I figured I'd roll the start area into arrivals. Feel free to add suggestions to what should be in the starting area. Currently I'll need to add:

Maybe I should scrap the shuttle and toss it in an asteroid?
I kinda feel bad for abandoning IUNCUS but it's still too ambitious. Polite sage for double post.

blame rascal for dropping his server tbh

Eh, whatever really.. this one is a much smaller scope so even if we have no serb I might work on it from time to time.

I'd like some proper examples of that if you can, because the few times I've "bring him down" was to try and prevent some really retarded things from being done. Not that I've succeed often, considering some of the things he wrote despite my protests, but it could have been worse.
He had some neat ideas for gamemodes, but I'm not seeing him that motivated to write code now when he's busy playing a lot of other shit.

Not that I want to have anything to do with this here either since I no longer have the NEET life to waste time on SS13, but you can only start being selective about your coders when you have a surplus of them, mate. You start being picky right from the get go and… Well, good luck with your server. I've already heard from other coders how it is to actually work with you.

Besides, it warms my heart to see this shitshow crash and burn despite 0 intervention from me or Koriath. I've said it multiple times that you can blame any boogeyman you want, it's never gonna help to get a server going.
You took the cowards way out like everyone else, and scapegoated the problems onto someone, hoping that driving him away would magically fix everything.
Well, the problems aren't fixed, the community isn't here and nothing has been accomplished, except entertaining the faggots that love drama, the same faggots you were too afraid to offend with changes in the code and feared they'd stop playing if they were implemented. Did they stayed after you took their side? Or did they instead kept on slandering you on these threads?

I'll always hover around these threads since I've taken a liking to them. The problem was always a very simple one to fix, the solutions plain to anyone that bothers to use their noggins. You have an Anonymous community, if you want a server for them you gotta enforce that culture and pander to such a community.
Everyone that breaks this rule, that chooses to worry about names (like you, always singing your posts lel), popularity or anything besides having a fun time with other anons for the sake of fun alone, they will always fail.

So I'll keep laughing, both at the drama faggots (because your life has got to be quite the shithole if this is your prefered form of amusement, normal people aren't like this) and at everyone that keeps flailing uselessly at trying to get an anonymous community to run a server where everyone worries about names and popularity, where everyone wants an unique server that's exactly the same as what they always had, that wants new stuff but doesn't know exactly what, that wants good admins but never respects any form of authority and wants so many other impossibilities.

I was right about every single thing I ever said. Everything done afterwards only served to prove me right, especially when I wasn't around anymore. I was right about everything and everyone and the only thing that conforts me is knowing that this stings and hurts the right people that are actually resposible for this. Well, not the drama faggots, but their life is already shit, so who cares?

Not a bad statement. I've always just wanted a fun serb where anons congregate.

you're the drama faggot because you feed into it like the dumb autist spouting all sorts of jumps in logic, all of it because you couldn't have your own way and that brings your brother down as you share each others rep around here, he had afew things coded out that he couldn't upload to the github because he understood that fact, it must be a vexing thing for him so I don't blame him for being demotivated having to put up with your stupid shit on what amounts to a fucking video game to have fun in.

encase you don't understand, which you don't because you're autistic, you basically spent the first half of this thread drama fagging it up with fucking doktar about useless shit and yes arguing the way you do is drama fagging because everyone knows it's you.

Wow what a coincidence, Koriath and his brother just happen to share the exact same writing style and ellipsis quirk, what'd ya know huh

Is this a dubs thread now? Dubs we get a new server, singles aand you're all massive faggots and the balls touched too.

Right, because I sign every single post I make with my name. :^)

All of it because I listed a long list of solutions that I actually coded, instead of simply listing problems and offering no solution or hoping that someone else would do the work for me.
All of it because the solutions I proposed weren't "popular", never because they had any negative effect since they never were tested to begin with.

I was right about the stun nerf despite it being unpopular until it was tried, and everyone that played on the server knows that.
I was right about the user-OOC, something Sierra really didn't liked (because he thrives on drama as well, which is why he moved on to /tg/) and you ended up agreeing with as well.
I was also right about the Morale bit as a good way to reinforce roleplaying instead of autistic combat 24/7 and you also though it was a good idea since you made the sprites for the HUD I would use.
That is, of course, if the idea was implemented as well. But since wild exagerations about "seeing a pudle of blood -> insta psychological crit" pass for arguments around here, it never saw the light of day.
I was also right about the stamina update, I tested it locally and it was pretty neat. Made melee fights far more interesting than the click-fest they often delve into. And again this was not implemented because wild exagerations of "you just want to make turn-based combat" are all the arguments you need to convince yourself of what the code you could have read on your own actually do.

I've already accepted there's no community to be found here, mate. Not one to build servers in any case.
Half of the people here just want to shitpost and laugh at names, as if this was their own /cow/-light.
The other half just wants to play videogames and they're not gonna make extra effort to keep a server alive when they have so many other games to try.

So I honestly don't know what you think you are gonna accomplish here, who you're actually pandering too or just what the fuck are you even doing.
You're already being picky about what coders you get when you have none, I haven't heard of anything that will set your server apart from any other and you're even bringing names into this discussion when names will never save a server. On the contrary, they doom it.

Just who the fuck is even that guy? That's got to be a recent name since I don't recall that from when I played. And in any case, that's still yet another name. In an anonymous board.
Regardless, there's been plenty of shitposts like 13877717 (that I'm not gonna link since I'm fresh out of You's) that I didn't even bother to argue with, since they're just drama shitposts.
The rest is half ideafagging or discussing the SS13 community and last I checked, the thread isn't "Chaos Sever", it's the SS13 thread. Please understand you're not the only topic of discussion here.

gaaaayyyyy

there you go again drama fagging it up tbh

You seem awful adamant to be the center of attention for someone trying to accuse another of doing that exact thing. I sense a bit of projection.

You do far worse with these pointless replies, mate. All you're doing is showing that it's making you angry and that's entertaining to watch.

You could have wrote why exactly the changes weren't implemented and we could have discussed that in depth, which honestly would be a much better argument to have than this shit.
I'm not even saying we'd have to agree strictly with me, I'm sure I'm not infalibble as the stun batons during the stun nerf or the end round announcement for the user-ooc proved.

But we're not gonna get there since you have a hill to die on whose only importance to you is that it's your hill that you came up with.
I've already accepted that actual rational discussions are never gonna happen here since the whole point of this board is shitposting, drama and lulz, not actual discussion, improvement and cooperation. It's sad but then again it could be much worse, considering there are still a few good posters in other threads.

And the funny thing is that I don't have to do a damn thing in order to enjoy myself (like the drama fags, I suppose) I just have to watch you try to start a server, fail, and somehow still blame me afterwards somehow.
It's the best I'm gonna get out of this thread but not by my choice. Take care Chaos, and good luck with your sever. Learn some fukken proper grammar, holy shit

You're actually going to fuck off? It's like an early Christmas present.

there you go again drama fagging it up tbh

fag

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So no one wants to talk about the game? Just namefag shit?

What expression is that supposed to be?

the best guy here, just letting you guys know that SS13 is a bad game and you should move onto making art or something productive.

Or getting around 30+ bans spanning multiple accounts.
I should be a fucking legend.

So instead of actually doing something productive you niggers just call eachother out in an attempt to look like a better person than the other on a mongolian cavepainting site? You're all legitimately pathetic, and i feel disappointed for even trying to get a serb up at times when all you niggers do is autistically screech at eachother.

The serber is still up. It was just down for a bit because of a missed serber payment. We've got features planned, but it's tough because I've had no time and I'm a turbo autist so I have trouble working on shit for extended periods

That's the same server as before, dumbass.

Howabout instead of hosting a new server one of you fucks learns to write code for byond. We've got everything we need except for a programmer with free time.

at this time I think having the threads be also "learn how to code(byond)" would be the ticket

I tested it and it seems to be light-weight Lifeweb in Space. It's still far from proper, though.
Also, why not we start calling Lifeweb "Berserk Online"?

because lifeweb is pure suffering and berserk is loli fun fantasy life adventure with the whole family!

Hm. Can't argue with you and your dubs.

It's definitely incomplete but it can be a base upon which we can offer something different compared to other classic SS13 servers.

Do not claim I went to such a shitfilled location such as /tg/ I left SS13 because of all the server switching stupidity.
I moved on, nothing more.
I was to be considered a newfag as I had only been playing since the pizzastation days but I still enjoyed it. The drama that occured whith gitgud and koriath was almost a final straw for me so I dipped.
I would never go to /tg/ go fuck yourself.

The idea here is that if you remove the perceived source of a problem, then there's no problem anymore.
It takes far less effort than actually doing literally anything to fix the problem so obviously it's the prefered solution.
So far it hasn't worked, surprisingly. Turns out you don't build a house by removing bricks from the foundations, uh?

I still keep working on my shit but art and animation are very chalenging for programmers and it's currently my biggest roadblock since a large swath of the code depends on it

I'm interested. What features?

I don't think people learn new stuff just because someone else demands it. Either they like doing it or they'll never bother with it.

Programming for SS13 can be done in spare time every now and then, adminning takes far more time to the point that you can program while adminning and tab in to answer adminhelps.
If you don't even have the time to code, how are you gonna find the time to admin?

Byond is just less fancy C#. Understanding the language itself is very easy compared to understanding the autistic ramblings that the previous coders from Goon and TG call coding.
Plus, you have OOP memes to deal with as well.

Because berserk is about a human hunted by demons while lifeweb is about demons hunted by humans.

I'll code something, as long as you don't include my name. Just remember to read it before to make sure I'm not infecting your serber with cyber-aids. Watchu need coded fam?

I should add:
I'm not gonna code bug fixes and boring shit. If you don't have fun ideas, I'm gonna get back to finishing that syndicate-asteroid idea.

Changes to various mechanics to add depth. We just niggered the LoS system from fallout13, but it needs work. the plan is to have this play into some combat changes that should hopefully make combat as a whole more fun and varied. I'm not the ideafag though. I just do what they say when I can.
Easy, I'm not the admin. I don't do any admin related shit.

You'd want to talk to either the host or an admin, but the things on the plate right now are either footstep sounds (which can probably be niggered from fallout13) or a pain system.
You can also finish the shadowling for me if you want :^)

Just one question, where did this suggestion come form?

One of the idea fags. it's not kyron if that's what you're thinking

He's asking because he's gonna complain you just want to make LifeWeb in the server or that pain is not a good mechanic whatsoever.

It would probably be better to work with stamina instead since that's not only a very neglected mechanic in the game, it can be used for far more than pain, as well as covering it quite well too.

Pain will also give you some extra trouble to balance around damage since the time frame from when pain becomes a factor and when a guy drops dead might be too short for it to be a factor anyone actually considers, assuming nothing else is changed regarding damage.
It will either start affecting you too soon and become frustrating or too late and it's safely disregarded anyway. Finding a balancing point won't be easy, maybe not even possible.

The pain system ideally replaces stamina from what I understand. Instead of treating all damage essentially the same it'll eventually be broken up into subcategories with different severity. With a pain system you can take painkillers to negate the effects of pain, but you won't be able to use a limb that's fucked beyond recognition. For now it'll just be a smaller addition until it's further fleshed out. I can summon the ideafag if you want him to explain anything. I'm mostly talking out of my ass.

The danger with furries is that they take their RP a little seriously, and tend to hold grudges.
While I had fun with a Vox quartermaster one round, guy became a cunt to me in the next. My fault for not leaving on random appearance, I guess. I like to mix things up, though, and while I was a lazy union shit that round, the next I wanted to go full bureaucracy..

Oh, and often they're butt-buddies with the mods. Dangerous, if you fuck with them.

Sadly, that electric damage was nerfed at some point. 'Least in the code we were using, I recall. At one point, I remember, you could straight up husk people with electridoors.

Yeah, most that overpowered jazz is because of all the valid hunters.
It's easy to slaughter everyone with your gear, when they don't know you. BUt when everyone's hunting you, even wooden spears start to find gaps in armor.
I do agree that they aren't forced to murderbone. I think it's a side effect of the culture. Poor, play to win thinking, combined with loads of unrobustness.

You're thinking of
The name was Koriath or Kyron, depending on when you ask.

Good, I never saw any plasmamen anyway and that's a problem. We must replace all the station air with heated plasma.
I'm actually curious, do plasmamen need 100% plasma environment or can you have an 80% nitrogen 20% plasma (just like human atmosphere but swapped), so that fires wouldn't be the hugest issue?

Sec often bullies clown, and I will never understand why. Clowns are the one guy in the station I can count on to either keep my back, or stab it. Everyone else? They'll either stab it, or fuck off the moment there's trouble.

You were a weird fuck, but you ran things okay, I'd say.

Names don't matter when you're such an insufferable faggot, every post is easily identified.

I'm not sure the rates, but wasn't plasmamen stupidly dumb to begin with? There weren't any advantages as far as I could tell, except for basically constantly being on fire.
And since you don't start a plasmaman, you haven't even got the roleplay alien spacerace reasoning for it.
Even skeletons were superior.

tbh

Yeah I remember the gossip about you
You're an underage tart that thinks spamming 'tbh' is funny, not to mention a literal autist that turned dozens of people away just by the mere mention of your name.

Nice trips, but he's not actually underage not sure on the literal autist part, but I wouldn't be surprised

yeah I'm not underaged tbh

I remember rather clearly being told by an undisclosed person of importance that he's fifteen, and that was a bit less then a year ago now.

I remember someone talking shit and me laughing my ass off at it like everything else tbh

Well the chain of conversation started with me inquiring into why exactly you act like you do, and the general consensus was either autism or a severe case of underage. Then someone who knows you chimed in, and honestly judging from how you act I'd be inclined to believe him.

are you 20till? if so we had this talk before tbh

Personally, I find his autsim a helpful barrier.
He's a sort of natural scapegoat for mockery, but the less damaging "YOUR TASTES ARE SHIT YOU SPIDERFUCKER" mockery, rather than the "BADMINS BAD GRIEF SERV NOW" jazz.

I remember being clearly told by an undisclosed person you like to suck dick, tbh

I don't mind getting mocked if it's just bantz but if it goes on for a long time I tend to start thinking it legitimate tbh

i kinda want to get into this game but have no idea what it even is, whats the gameplay like?

No.
I generally took a sideline stance during these regular drama slap-fights, but I don't really feel compelled to keep quiet anymore because the serb is effectively dead and I'm not worried about getting my typing style recognized.

So it's just all ironic mockery? Hmm, really jogs the noggin.

Personally, I just don't worry about it. At the end of the day, everyone's autistic to some degree. I certainly have my tism fits.
I find the people bitching the most tend to have the biggest problems, honestly. Given that, I rarely worry about it.

Also; Bring back classic MoMMIs or drones or whatever they were. They were awesome. Full autismforting. None of that usual cyborg charge trash, actually had one single hand, and could do things.

that's abit confusing then, who is it that claims to "know" me that you talked with?

mommis are in the code base, drones were another matter that wasn't very simple to solve because people wanted them in but didn't really give any real thought into that other then "replace mommis" which I wasn't for tbh

I want the one we had briefly that had infinite battery, one hand, and pretty much could only autismfort.

that seems like it was before me then

It was old hatestation code, responsible for the best of times.

when things stop being up in the air about the server and what have you I'll have a look through the old code and see if I can find them then and we'll have another cute robit to figure out what to do with tbh

Which one of you faggots is responsible for this?
store.steampowered.com/app/544550/Stationeers/

you're thinking of drones, which are still a thing in nuTG, they were replaced by MoMMIs because they could literally infinitely self-replicate for little to no cost as long as there was a mech fabricator and some metal anywhere on the station, but they needed at least one human to be onboard to create one to let anyone spawn as them. Needless to say, they were abused for welderbombing, grenading and metagrudging to the point that the entirety of the station would just hunt them down and remove each and every single drone they saw.

MoMMIs are just a nerf of them, they are ported from /vg/ and are just engie cyborgs with hands that can ventcrawl.

lewd
When are you going to log onto byond so we can play videogames? We still haven't played c&c

But MoMMI's can't open bags, they only have one slot. it is pure suffering

This

Does it look any good?

Some new consoles for the Medical Ship

Wouldn't fucking know.

Wait… you can drag them over you to open them, right? It's been a good while since I've played so I really don't remember.

They don't have pictures or anything?

Right, which is why MoMMIs are trash for autismforting. Autismforting does not have time to run to a charger every ten odd minutes, or worse if you're using your builders.
It essentially killed the use of drones.
Which is a damn shame.

Personally, I'm of the opinion you should ban shit players from playing the role, not ban the role. If a chemist is making monkeybombs all the time, do we nerf chemistry?
No. We get rid of the chemist.

By the way, what server are we on exactly, right now? Finally have some time to play, now.

They really do hate fun

Well its not really realistic?

Keep doing that, you'll get the monsterburg.

which c&c nigger?

sexy tbh

Yes waht the server we plya ??

that'd be nice, um I'd have to install the fan lobby again tbh I think

cncnet.org/tiberian-sun
Git on byond too.

can't play today, playing something else tbh

you're fucking gaaaaaay
at least get on byond so we can shitpost at eachother goddamnit

fine tbh

honk

love it when vols and the bo delete all my posts by ip because they think I'm avatarfagging and are too lazy to check

Oh so that's what happened, that fucking sucks.