PC vs console genre by genre

I know that a lot of elitism (to some degree justified) exists for people that mainly use PCs to play vidya, but it's certainly true that in terms of control and gameplay, certain genres are particularly suited to one platform or another.

I'm trying to put together a list, with specific examples (particularly if the same game is on both platforms) that outline the experience gap (or lack thereof) between the platforms. For the most part I'm assuming PC users are looking at a mouse and keyboard setup vs the controller of a console player (yes, I know XBOX 360 controllers etc can be used on PC and there are various peripherals for consoles).

For example, FPS games, particularly twitch shooters, are far, far more suited to the PC due to the requirement for accuracy. The ability for a mouse and keyboard set up to transfer the players skill into onscreen actions is vastly superior to a controller due to the way one interacts with thumbsticks. The best Dreamcast quake 3 arena player in the world would have a very hard time winning against even a modestly competent PC user.

RTS games have a similarly wide gulf due to the time-sensitive nature of the game and ability to input multiple commands at various points on the screen quickly and accurately. With a mouse this is somewhat trivial vs a controller. Note that two players could be equally competent and knowledgeable about the game, but using a controller provides an additional, insurmountable challenge vs the UI. Even with a modified UI to handle controllers easier, Starcraft 64 players weren't going to be successful vs the likes of Boxer in a billion years (if such a match was hypothetically possible).

Some games sit in the middle. Turn based strategy games, where time penalties do not exist, do not seem to overtly favour one platform or another.

On the other hand, racing games, fighting games and platformers seem much more suited to consoles. Why is this?

Why would the PC setup be limited to M/KB? Are you retarded? What is the point of this shitty thread?

not even a contest

False premise. All of those things are better suited to PC.

Play whatever the fuck you want. Consokes are more relaxed and casual, while PCs are more for niches and freedom.

I think OP is trying to start a discussion about input methods for games, in which case, he's coming at it from the wrong angle as evidenced by him saying that "fighting games" are best suited for consoles, which is false.

Keyboards are actually the superior input method for playing fighting games (Whether you're good at it or not) because it requires less effort. That's pretty much the answer to your question OP. The reason why certain genres are best suit for a K/M, controller, joystick, wheel, or dancepad is due to the design of the game itself on which method is the easiest to get the results you want.

Every fucking day.

You’re braindead if you think some games are better suited to console. There’s a reason why PCs can use a wide array of controllers.

who the fuck is that guy? he looks like a friend i knew in school

richard ernst

Jon"Rich blacks commit more crimes than poor whites"Tron

One thing about controllers being better for this is that some games require combo inputs that require sliding the thumb along a d-pad or rotating a thumbstick in a certain way. It would be basically impossible to do the same sort of thing with a keyboard.

This is the only thing I can think of where it really matters to have a console controller, though.

do you have a specific move in mind?

A literal Nazi

That is true tho.

But rich whites commit more crimes than anyone.

fug, people really look different if they grow up

Jews aren't white.

And that's a great thing about the PC, you can use a gamepad or joystick if you want to. There are even adapters for console controllers to USB. How many console games let you use keyboard and mouse?

No, every single controller and peripheral can be used on PC.

Because you're a retard, actual racing simulators are PC exclusives.

Well, in high-level competitions you will see Hitbox controllers, which are arcade-like pads with no sticks, only buttons. It has some perks, people get to wavedash at stupidly fast pace on games like Tekken.
I believe those were banned in some (all?) relevant Super Smash tournaments because they were considered to give unfair advantage. Not that weird considering the game is shit and not even a real fighting game, but still, it speaks volumes about button movement over pad/stick.

Jews are a racial superposition: they are privileged whites or an oppressed minority, depending on which one helps push the desired narrative at the specific moment.

go away berniefag, jews are not white.

I don't care what larping kikes think of themselves.

The "white race" is a fictional construction, anyway. Nowadays it includes everything except black people, asians, latinos, and native americans just so they can maintain the delusion that they're still in the majority.

Rich whites don't exist

The white race does exist, but you are a kike and are going to keep slithering between dialogue and narratives. Fuck off.

If Japs and Chinks are both yellow, then Ashkenazim and Germans must both be White, or else White is a meaningless term. The FST difference between Japs and Chinese is .007, while the FST difference beteween Germans and Ashkenazim is .0072.

There are three major racial groups: white, black, and oriental. Everyone is in a subset of these. Or mixed, poor things.

You are using Wikipedia as a reference, this is hilarious. Japanese and Chinese aren't both "yellow" you dumb fucking kike.

Says the same thing here with a legit source provided nigger.

Keep going, kike.

I guess this Holla Forums infographic that sources the same website is bullshit too then. We must all be the same by your logic.

The only reason to own a modern console is to play its exclusives before they can be emulated on PC.

But the IBM PC itself was invented in 1981. On the other hand, if you count emulation of other systems, you can go as far as 1952. Pic related, the first vidya ever.

I was talking more the Apple II and similar machine from that era, but that's even more impressive. PC technically has 65 years of vidya.

You stay the fuck away from Clint, faggot.

Is that Matt Ward on the bottom left?

Arin Hanson.