Best Vidya OSTs

starting with a masterpiece

and another

I'm gonna take the premise seriously and come out with the best themed piece of music in all of Zelda. This is everything the game lead to, right here.

I cannot not hear "Brick by brick, suck my dick" on this song.

>all of those YT comments saying this is the best song/game in the series and the first one they ever played

You must be 18 years of age to use this website.

Also Hyrule Castle from WW OST is superior, thematically. That song musically captures the rise, fall, and rebirth of Hyrule.

top fucking jej

I can agree with their conclusions, if not their reasoning. Links Awakening was my first, so I'm no stranger to the old shit, this is just time I've heard a song quite like this in a Zelda game. Pan pipes are god tier.

And while I like what Hyrule Castle hints at, the full musical number starts off as a simple rendition of the title theme, a song you've only heard as a solo so far, only for you to come in making it a duet. Then it takes all the little songs you've learned all game and putting them together, leading RIGHT into the boss theme. It works best with the video, but the way it all flows is great.

The only problem is the sound chip. If this got the treatment that Twilight Princess got then we'd be in business

Shit game, decent music

I have not played the game, but I will give it to you that that sounds pretty cool. Same idea as the siren instruments in LA, I assume, which was also my first.

Spirit Tracks was at least the comfiest Zelda.

daytona

Here's a guy demolish the battle in like 10 minutes. You even get to hear the final two versions of the "rival" theme here.

It still blows my fucking mind that RS's OST was composed entirely by one guy and all 400+ songs and sound effects are GOAT

This is how fighting game music should be, instead of gimmicky dubstep/rap/breakbeat/industrial gorefunk shit

Well, to be honest most sound was pretty simplistic at that time. The OST to RS was pretty much on tier with Daggerfall from 1996 on a technical level, speaking of which, the OST to Daggerfall is great.

I never played RuneScape with any dedication, but the archivist in me, hearing of so many tracks, and seeing them on Youtube, makes me worry that the composer may not have ever released a high-quality complete collection of all of the songs. That sort of effort is something worth saving - this song is very very good.

comfier than WW or ALBW? I will have to get around to it one day.

I have to admit, that is probably the coolest use of music in a Zelda game thus far. I can't recall a song ever being used in the final boss fight for one, and then it's a duet/playing with all of the sages, too. Seems to again reaffirm that Nintendo can tell the same exact story again and again and always find ways to make it interesting enough to be compelling.

another masterpiece

What's more comfy than riding the railroad? It also has the best Zelda.

bull fucking shit

The games got its problems, but there is a lot to love about Spirit Tracks. Hate how so many people jump down its throat cause Phantom Hourglass had a fucked up dungeon structure.