archive.fo/bHlUb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whhy am I surprised

Learn to use the catalog fuckwhistle.

Your IQ is 80 or lower.

At least they're fucking ambitious.
Let's see if they can pull it off.

Ridiculous

Whatever. The important thing is that you realize that you are a moron and possibly mentally retarded.

at least it sounds promising even if i won't get to play it for 5 years

Eh, this one actually has information and a trailer about the game that we can autistically analyze

WHY DOES IT LOOK WORSE THAN THE PS3 VERSION GOD DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMN. Anyway i'm concerned they'll fuck it up again considering the track record

What track record? They’re half and half. Also, it looks good. As does the PS3 version.

please don't be like MGSV and be completely pussy about it and actually make me commit a war crime

I don't give two fucks, so long as it's a clean image and aesthetically pleasing, then they can take all the extra cash that would have gone into useless graphics whoring and turn it into content and gameplay.

It's valkyria, they're gonna pussy out hard.

you know what you're right, I'm getting too jaded and I can tolerate lower yield graphics no issue. I should be happy that the characters look like they're above 18 and its not some "war academy" bullshit or that abortion that is revolution

Damn, that things actually approaching the point where it's got enough good games upcoming to justify a purchase sooner or later.

Hmmmm. What could it be? I guess we'll never know.

Damn, still have to play the first one. I'm still interested in this, however.

Looks like the Switch is going to take the Vita's place as the go-to console for weebshit. I might get one of my own used/during a sale after a new model is released.

But its coming to PS4 too.

It's on pc/ps3/ps4 now i bet you can get the first for cheap on one of those

Damn, I hope this turns out good

there was a 2 & a 3?

Well, whatever, this looks exactly like the first game, & that was already pretty much perfect. It's nice to see SEGA actually doing something right for once. Now where's my Skies of Arcadia Spin Off?

both on PSP, 3 was supposedly good but it was JP only so not only did you need a PSP, you needed to hack the damn thing and put a fan translation in it. 2 had some good ideas but fell into the "ITS A MILITARY ACADEMY" pit so all the characters were teenagers and the mobile-formula pit where there missions kept rehashing the same handful of maps infinitely. The main character was an absolute spaz which was a huge downgrade from welkin

I purchased a PS3 back in 2008 just to play Valkyria Chronicles on day one I'm tempted to do it again if this shit doesn't get a PC port I just hope it isn't another Valkyria Chronicles 2 though.

The PC port usually goes on sale for like 5 burgers these days. Black Friday is around the corner as well so look out if wanna buy it.

Main characters in this game look like kids too. Thing is it's a war game, so it makes sense the armies are made of teenagers. Old people usually don't last long in wars.

Yeah, but you can get a pre-patched VC3 ISO just about anywhere, and it on just about everything via PPSSPP. So there's no excuse to not play it.

Also, Imca is the best VC girl.

Yeah but they were't complete spazoids which was what was nice about it. Welkin felt like a young man who had his head on right and kept his troops in line. The main kids from 2 were standard archetypes complete with condescending glasses cunt

Gloria seems to have held up to the rigors of combat fairly well.

Good point, i keep forgetting to go emulate it. also Jane and Wendy are my favorites but that's only counting VC1

I remember reading somewhere that VC2 was made mostly to pander to the new mostly female fanbase that had sprung up due the VC anime.

Good taste.

I don't think it'll be that long. Could just be a ace combat kind of deal where they don't announce it right away.

It's hard to imagine that the xbone is still a higher priority than PC. Are people really still loyal to that piece of shit?

Yeah, I have family that are die-hard Xbox loyalists. He's going to "upgrade" to a One X over the holidays, and I'll probably buy his old system off of him for like $50 just for the BC and something I can side-load emulators onto in Dev Mode for a retrobox on the kitchen TV. Can't actually see myself buying any NEW games for it though.

Just built my brother-in-law a potato PC to play WoW on and dump photos from their phone to. Snuck my old GTX560SE into it, so it should have enough power to run even some modern stuff on low settings. Might buy VC1 over Black Friday and gift it to him.

Yeah when I first watched the anime I was like. Wow this kinda cool, a WWII style squad with a tank.

Then the Goddesses with giant magic lances that can destroy entire armies showed up.

fuck.

Those cat ear hats are pretty cute.

They're just putting it on the consoles first, both as a prevention of piracy and so people who also have a PC will double dip later. It's a pretty common tactic.

C'mon friend.

Glad to see that the characters designs (uniform and weapon wise) went back to it's roots, and doesn't look like 2 and 3. Hopefully the story is decent.

Marina when?

best girl

Will the protagonist be a girl? I wanna dress her up and make her flirt with all the side characters, so long as they're nips. No gaijins allowed.

They should've remade the first one but make it good instead of doing a fourth one.

You are the cancer. Please kill yourself

W-what? Whats wrong with cute 2d girls as protagonists? Nep is really popular.

With faggots.

Yeah, I bet a big manly man like you who loves jojo and muscular oiled up men is straight as fuck.

Found one of the faggots.

SEGA really hates money.

You gotta sell it first on the shit platforms, so that people will "upgrade" to the PC version later on when the nude mods start rolling out. Otherwise, nobody would buy the shitty console versions.

See, Sega is finally learning how to make a successful RPG from Square.

Fucking gooks.

Looking at the dev screens, it looks like they kept those Special Points from 3, so we'll probably be rampaging around with our own Valkyria at some point.
As long as they improve the base gameplay and fix some of the glaring issues from 1, remove retarded shit like fencers and techs, I'll be happy with it, no matter how Sanik-tier the characters get.

I just really wish we weren't playing as the gypsy Federation.
A fucking wheel for a flag, really?

Do I have to play all the previous 3 before this?
I like weeb shit, and this caught my attention but I missed the previous ones for a variety of reasons.

Probably not but 1 and 3 are master pieces, you should play them.

You can skip 2 if you are not too fond of academy kids beings faggots, although I personally enjoyed it to be honest.

So you don't like fun is it?
Don't tell me you're one of those spergs that get mad because of (((Muh Realism)))

This is the best news I've woken up to in a very long time

Waifu sim elements should not show up in an SRPG game any more than it did in Valkyria Chronicles, else you end up with fucking disasters like Fire Emblem Fates.

Basically what said.

First is the best one, third is a definite play if you liked it.
VC2 is the weakest as a part of the series, but on its own, it's a good game.
VC3 is fantastic because you can unlock pretty much all of the main characters from the previous games and go with your favourites, but that's best left for the post-game.

I wouldn't be playing this series if I was here for the realism.
Techs are fucking disgusting because they took away what little use the engineers had, and fencers are basically shock's flamethrower the class, but instead they use oversized swords.

There's no point to either of them.
Besides, there is nothing wrong with having a soft air of plausibility. Impracticality for the sake of it (which isn't even that useful) is just an eyesore.

I've heard mixed things about it. I was only able to play 1 on PC and neither of the two because

You know PSP emulation has been a thing for a while now.

Isn't there an emulator around that's actually pretty good?

I have a huge boner for the series, so I put some 250 hours into 3 and go back to it from time to time.
I still don't know what the story was all about because I played it on release in Jap and got through it with my knowledge of 2's interface alone.

The third game is overall a huge improvement from the second in terms of gameplay and especially map design.
It's a weaker game than the first, but not by a long shot and the main problem with it is that the missions are basically collections of small maps put together which sounds a lot worse than it is.
I think they did a good job with the map system considering the limitations they had to deal with, and you still get reasonably sized missions, so I wouldn't call it bad.

The only truly bad thing about the third game is that you level up and improve the classes of individual soldiers as you use them rather than classes as a whole.

Eh. Maybe. Its not something I ever really thought about doing. I forgot that thing even existed to be honest.

Hm. I can't tell if you're just autistic or the game is actually good, but I'll take your word for it and check it out soon I suppose.
Thanks user.

Interesting, I might get it for the switch though

I had a vague understanding of what was going on, it's not that difficult if you at least watch the cutscenes, pay attention to the expressions of characters and their tone of voice.
The gameplay of the series tickles me in all the right ways, and back then (2011) there wasn't even any talk of a translation patch – just a few wiki entries for some of the characters and potential descriptions.

Is SEGA the new lord of strategy games?

They owning Total War and this means they corner both the west and east market.

But the question is will they go back to what everyone wants or trying to stick with the aborted featus that is valkyria revolution

The switch is graphically better than the PS4 though.

Watch the video and pay attention to the dev monitors.

I can't take this game seriously. Give me some fucking Xenogears or LotGH God dammit

You could just play any of the dozen other small squad tactics games that are on the market if anime aesthetics make you upset. I wish they were still making Gihren's Greed games, or that a bunch of autists got together and made something similar, but with actual events for Zeon post OYW.

user, I don't dislike them, I already said that I want Xenogears or LotGH. All what I am asking is that you actually take war games seriously and not make them pieces of shit with power of friendship tier of bullshit or ruin them with fan service up the ass. All what I want is a Japanese Deus Ex game.

Might as well bitch when anime, or any narrative medium, doesn't take any topic seriously.

Like I said, there's plenty of mature strategy games for such a mature person as yourself on the market.

All I want is a true sequel to SS2 or DX that isn't the watered down shit Bethesda is making Arkane develop.

TIME TO GET THOSE FILTHY FUCKING DARCSENS OT OF BEST RUSSIA

So, how long until the usual suspects start winging about there not being any nogs?

Nogs will be added to the west release.

Probably right now.

I have not played 2, but this is the biggest problem for me.
The first game had a militia and made the soldiers look like actual soldiers, in 2 they just send them to the front in school uniforms.

Also, isn't there a side mission where you cure a girls color blindness by forcing her to disarm a bomb?

I disagree about removing the techs since removing mines and rebuilding sandbags is a stupid ability to have on squishy engineers. Engineers should have a different ability instead like area heals and buffs/debuffs. Essentially give them the ability that the musicians have and remove the musicians.

I doubt it.
It'd be pretty funny if they all came out of the woodwork for the fourth game in the series so they could shit on it for the worst reasons.

I'd rather look forward to the inevitable Selvaria DLC.
I can taste it already.

2 is about a civil war, and apparently the militia can't get involved.
Colette being colour blind and still in a military academy was ridiculous.

Like I said, on its own merit, VC2 isn't a bad game – it still uses a similar system to 1 and the overall gameplay is very smooth with some interesting ideas thrown in (mobile lancers/scouts vs heavy lancers/scouts).
It's just that they kept on reusing the same 5 maps for nearly every mission which made it very dull to play.
A problem they thankfully fixed in 3.

If characters are important to you, you can skip 2 entirely.
My memory tells me the only memorable ones from that embarrassment were the loli valkyria Aliasse and Audrey, both of which you can get in 3.

We can agree to disagree then.
I don't think you should be fixing sandbags or removing mines while in line of fire with no support in the first place.

The reason techs were added in 2 was because the maps were extremely tiny and you could only have 6 units spread over all of them.
Engineers would likely get killed too often in those circumstances, so that's why they gave their job to someone else, but there is no reason to have them in now.

Same story with fencers – they got in because players needed a reliable way to clear the camps that connected two different maps without too much frustration and because everyone was within melee range half the time anyway.

Hopefully it has a loli character, first one did and even though she was one of the worst characters stats-wise I used her in every battle

How long does it usually take after game release for a PC port to get made?

(How many extra months/years do I have to wait?)

Were you also making faggot posts like this in the early 2000s when stuff was being released on the PS2, Xbox and Game Cube at the same time?
Fucking idiot.

The PC port for VC1 took 6 years.
Ace Combat 7's PC port was confirmed a few months after the release trailer.

It depends, but I think Sega will announce a PC version later down the line.

PS4 is never getting more exclusives. Just let it go, friend.

For PS4 timed exclusive games(which it is in Japan) PC ports come in two varieties, within two weeks to a month after the console release, or between 6 to 12 months after the console release. And since Sega doesn't like to announce ports early, you wouldn't know about it until it hits you on the head.

TL;DR probably some time in Fall 2018 if the pattern holds true. Don't expect an announcement until there's less than two weeks to release.

yeah but you get to actually own your games on ps4, I think that's a lot more important.

Supply pup?
I hope he's playable. They could make him a good pure support character. Fuck, other than just delivering supplies you could use him to sneak up on an enemy and bark to scare em upright for a set up to get attacked.
Oh man I can imagine just losing my shit if I were to accidentally get his ass killed. Set a land speed record for resetting after a blunder like that.

The dog will probably be more useful than that pig the squad in VC had as an animal.

Based on that screenshot alone, I'm guessing it's a replacement for the medic that came running in the first game.

Fuck, I forgot about that. Still need to play 5 and zero though.

What if doggo executes Orders?

I've never seen a stupider comment all month, congratulations, you fucking retard.

AHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I really hope so

Oh shit, yeah, but doesn't the medic evac the downed character off the map for a turn?

He's gonna need a bigger hat

A lobotomy is more useful than the pig.

Oh God, is this gonna be the Anime Cold War / Not Islamic Revolution in Afhanimestan?

Well he does have the ragnite pack.

But we know how that ends. damnit.

No we don't; we've only ever followed the Gallia/Empire fight which was a minor conflict, never the Federation/Empire fight. VC4 is from the Federations perspective, not Gallia's.

Cute, it'd but needs to be a bigger dog to drag folks off the field.

The only thing we know about the end of EW2 is that Galia comes out intact from it. That's it.

The rest of the cast better be good-looking.

Ops. It's been a while since I played VC.

Don't like the main guys hair, but the girls are fine.

That was just a pose though, a few seconds later he's smiling and putting his hand across the shoulder of the guy next to him.

sega.jp/topics/171120_soft_1/

The franchise sucks to be honest. First one was good and the rest was trash.
Fuck you. You like VN's.

The girls are all right.
It wouldn't be VC if they were ugly.

Maybe I'm judging too early, but he and the other guy just aren't appealing to me.
Welkin and Largo were instantly likeable, even more so when you found out that Welkin could use the power of his biology autism to win battles.

I hope the winter will have an effect on the gameplay.

In VC3, if I remember well, freezing cold would deplete the HP of your units if they ended their turn on a map without a heater.

Did I read these runes correctly? Am I missing anything important?

I was just saying he didn't come off edgy more than just trying to look cool for a picture, whether they are visually unlikeable or not is up to personal taste the main characters hair ruins it for me.

I hope so, I had to use a translator, which gave me this

"The battle system "BLiTZ" (blitz) which fused the strategy and the action evolved in various points such as a vast map which becomes the largest scale of the series, an increase in the number of simultaneous sortie units, the appearance of the new weaponry, and so on. Let 's run through the battlefield in real time while fighting enemy troops, moving interactively with a field with a more realistic feeling, with interception due to artillery attacks added!"

Can't wait

The obvious love interest seems pretty good this time though.

It's will have the biggest maps in the series and more units will be deployable.

Also, according to kikepedia, there's going to be a new class.

I guess they decided to do a twist on mortarers from 2.

You stop right there.

Probably what she is

Why does she wear the horns?

I wonder if they'll keep any of the classes from 2 and 3
I liked the sword and board engineers

Radio antenna, I guarantee it.

Yeah.
jisho.org/search/擲弾兵

they're cute

Can't I get both her and the sniper?

No, sniper girl will be in an incredibly forced relationship with Darscen the hedgehog.

Apparently, there's going to be a 10th anniversary DLC for VC4 in which you'll get the main cast from 1, plus Isara as playable characters.
I don't know why everything is greyed out, it might be my browser, I can barely read this.

portal.valkyria.jp/new/jp/

So, same shit as with VC1, 2 and 3? They all deserve the gas chamber. Fucking Sega.

If they have no qualms about bringing back the dead, they should add Selvaria too.

You mean this? There's a button you have to click when you open the website to get past the video and see all the rest of the stuff properly.

It is the year 1935 EC…
The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire’s forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.
Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria… and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.

Key Features
A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War – Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war–but will the bonds of Squad E’s friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
The Next Generation “BLiTZ” Battle System – The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter “BLiTZ” battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a “Last Stand” action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
CANVAS Aesthetics – The series’ signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
The Return of a Legendary Composer – The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral soundtrack for the game.

PS4 Version Limited Edition
The “10th Anniversary Memorial Pack” limited edition will include the following:
A copy of Valkyria Chronicles 4 for PlayStation 4
A product code for the additional story downloadable content “Joint Operation with Squad 7” – A story in which Squad 7 from the original Valkyria Chronicles appears. By playing this downloadable content, the Edelweiss operated by Welkin Gunther, as well as Alicia Melchiot, Largo Potter, and Brigitte “Rosie” Stark will be made available in the main story of Valkyria Chronicles 4. Additionally, Isara Gunther can be acquired as a unit for the first time.
10th Anniversary Soundtrack – A CD containing a selection of music from the series’ four titles.
10th Anniversary Illustration Book – A booklet filled with illustrations from the series’ four titles. The front cover illustration is done by Raita Honjou. It is B5-size and 72 pages long.

PS4 Version First-Print Purchase Bonus
First-print copies of Valkyria Chronicles 4 for PlayStation 4 in Japan will include the additional mission downloadable content, “Preemptive Special Tactics.” By clearing this mission, you can use Edy Nelson from the original Valkyria Chronicles as a unit in the main story.

I like the cute one though.

This a promo package of some kind, and there are other things that you get with it like the soundtrack and illustration book for the first game.
Don't worry, they'll jew you for Selvaria too at a later date.

It's Pale Moon being a piece of shit again.
At least I keep the botnet around for situations like these.

Using ancient magitechnology bullshit to control the seasons is a much better plot that just using it as small arms/WMDs. Hopefully the Vakyrie doing it isn't immune to bullets at all times except for the mission where you're allowed to kill her.

Japan only.

Japs have some weird boner for Edy that I cannot quite understand.
I think she's on par with Selvaria in terms of popularity there.

Because she's 100% a Valkyria that will learn her powers later into the game.

I know the uniforms have changed after the first game, but it really bugs me that they kind of threw away the proper uniform for "vaguely similar symbol" as an identifier. Characters where memorable even with the uniform, you don't need all the extra crap to make them stand out.

Sniper girl has horns too, both are a long range class, they're radio antenna.

I never played 2 & 3. I know the weapons got more like modern FF (giant sword-guns even for non Valkyrie units), but what happened story wise?
Just the same nation invading over and over?

2 was a civil war in Gallia fought by high schoolers

2 is civil war that follows from 1, 3 happens in the same time frame as 1, but from a different perspective.
4 takes place in a different country, but again, it's happening at the same time as 1.

5 better be about Empire.

Neat. I can dig this.
It's almost like the devs knew no one noticed 2 and 3, so they're treating this as VC2 for those outside of die-hard fans.

Neat. Might have to dig into a wikia or a cutscene binge.

2 was a civil war within Galia two years after the events of the first game after the Empire had fucked off. EW2 is still going on though in the background. Had to fight as high school kids from an officer academy because the militia was barred from intervening for whatever retarded reason.
3 is roughly parallel to the first game, and it involves a black ops squad. Fleshes out some of the plot points from the first game.

Hey guys remember that time a fucking hemophopic slut decided to become a medic?
Remember that time the faggot MC shot himself so he could get her to get over her fear of blood?
Remember when said hemophobic cunt had to defuse a bomb but couldnt because she is also color blind?
Remember how she got over her colorblindness through the power of friendship?

Can you give us /k/ommando girl in that game. The part where she finds the rebals prototype guns?

Ok that sounds as awful as the high-school setting and trailers made it look.
I know it's fantasy WW2- but even then they refused people who were colorblind or scared of the thing their job involved.
I thought Rosie being able to sing full belt while crying was the fucking limit.

IIRC, there's a shocktrooper girl who's kill crazy, and another who really, really loves grenades.

It's an excuse to give her something resembling cat ears.

Wendy from the first game was Dublin 2.0. VC games always have a kill happy character.

VC1 had Flamethrowers as a sub-set of shocktroopers. Later they became their own class. If Grenadier is their own thing- does that mean other classes won't get grenades, or just that this one has a better throwing arm/more nades?

Plz no hack n slash, Sega. My heart can't take it anymore

Other classes will probably get hand grenades, but scouts may not get the grenade launcher anymore.

Already confirmed to play like the first game.

I assume she is going to use a mortar, that's what that thing on her back looks like.

Now that I think about it, last night before I went to bed I thought about playing VC1 today.
Then all of the sudden they reveal VC4. Funny how things can happen.

VC1 also has grenades for everyone, but the scouts got grenade launchers when they upgraded.

It's not that sudden, they had the teaser site up for like a week.

Sweet Jesus. My only question now is how will Sega fuck this up?

PSO2 antics.

They already did

I thought mortars were for tanks or Lancers?
Not to say that she won't.

Welp, now you've jinxed it. I hope you're happy with yourself

Fug. The PC version might come out later…like 6 years later if VC1 was anything to go by. Though, maybe Sega will fast-track that given VC1's success on Steam?

I hope they tell a semi-serious story like in the first game. And not like the anime and what I just found out about VC2.
Was VC3 edgy? It looked edgy IIRC?

No, I'm making the noose now.

Black and red uniforms is just about all the edge there is in that game.

It might all go down the VC1 route, where the PC gets all the bonus content without a hassle.
That would be pretty good.

ITS HAPPENING!

the nips are just going to release it from 1 or 2 years after the console release to make all the good goys buy it again.

Techs and fencers might be rip.

I also really wish they'd give us an editor to make our own missions.
That alone would make the game a huge success.

As someone who owns a Switch, stop lying.

I don't know about the anime, but I liked VC1's english voice acting.

Remember how you shouldn't invade Russia in winter? Seems like they don't.
In all seriousness, blizzards and the ground covered in thick snow leads lots of options open for how it could affect your vision, accuracy, and movement when on foot.

No ecchi or oversized raita boobs. In the trash it goes.

Man, that trailer actually made me feel a little emotional.

Jap dub triggered me because the text and what they were actually saying did not match at all.

BASED SEGA

If you like old women and school mistresses, I guess.

Give it time. Pretty much anything that gets released on PS4 now has the potential of a PC port down the line.

So just play the Jap version.

Go back to reddit any time. You have to be at least 18 to post here.

I know bits and pieces, but enough to fully understand moon.
Alicia's english va sounds qt and really made me want to eat her hot buns.

Better get working on those studies then.

Not in Japan. That's how little they care about the boner.

I don't mind waiting a few weeks or even months so long as they confirm it, but so far nothing.

there's nothing wrong with dubs unless you hire ashley burch.

the problem with the voice acting in the game was the cringe-inducing script, not the casting.

I'm slightly optimistic with everything revealed so far. If it is a true sequel to VC1 I will be happy already as 2 went too much on the military high school aspect (and Trails of Cold Steel did that shit much, much better), 3 was just edgelord crap and Azure Rev is cancer.

It will be released on PC. Probably 6-12 months after the console release.

Also, I'm with some anons that would want a more serious war game in the vein of VC, though I don't think this franchise needs to be anything other than what VC1 was: WW1 with cute waifus, tanks and some JRPG magic bullshit.

Get ready. Most Japanese multiplats will target the Switch from now on, that thing is selling faster than the Wii in nipland.

I do think Eng Sub (Dub) and Eng Sub (Translated Japanese) should be options.
Event the best dub will change some lines to fit flaps, etc.

But it will come to PC with all DLC bundled in eventually. Sure it'll be launch price even though it's a port, but eventually it won't

Its not even relative to that, Christ the PC market is bigger than the Bone in Japan.
Thats how bad the Bone is doing there.
My point is that a game like this doesn't sell on the Bone, not even in the West

The Xbone is the multiplat AAA platform with no sapce for anything else.
I still can't possible begin to comphreend how can you defend such a shitty console after embed related.
How easily people forget

Considering the console is doing pretty well in the Japanese domestic market, that actually makes sense though.
Fuck, I could even understand PS4 and Switch only for the time being, but the Bone really is the cataclyst.

Meant "someone"

Yes.

Eternal Anglo strikes again
Dubs are fucking shit no matter what, learn how to read.

Nah, I don't believe you
While its selling extensively well the console market has declined too much since the more casual audience has moved to mobile.
Its selling fast for sure, but not Wii fast

Will Raita be doing the designs though?

It sold very well on PS3 actually.

Yes he's apparently announced that he's returning to work on the series on social media;

The Wii sold much faster in North America back in the day, it didn't sell as fast in Nipland (it actually went toe to toe with the PS3 there in the first year or so). The Switch is performing in Japan more like a DS/3DS successor would than how a home console would. Which means it is moving units very fast and the Japanese publishers have taken notice. Square Enix last stockholder report already mentions that they will start pumping out games for Switch and that it was a missed opportunity to not have invested in the platform in the first year.

That's what it is.

the only good thing about the valkyria VNs is the music everything else is just full-blown cancer and I want you people to gas yourselves

Sorry but Japanese voices are worse than getting broken glass swirled in your ear no exception

⚓🐟

The Switch is essentially the new 3DS. It’s going to get all of the games, becUse it has zero competition now. It isn’t competing with the ps4 or the xbox one and Sony sure as shit doesn’t want to enter the handheld market again.

BRIGADE BICYCLE CONFIRMED

switch mini when

The only character that was interesting was the imp exchange student and the whole a soldiers duty story about him, I also like the love/hate relationship with the darchsen and the breast monster.

and a silky smooth 30fps 60FPS

they have re-released it in the PS4 a few years ago

fag

the country lost most of the real army in the last war and i guess they didnt have new uniforms for the civil war.

NO!

who?

YES!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

best girl

>tfw you still won't be able to hook up with the titty monster

Damn, I'm glad they tried something new outside the mediocrity of shit that are the PS4 and the Xbone and succeded.
At least its gimmick this time isn't absolute fucking shit.

Dubs are fucking cancer, even worse than faulty subs.

Microsoft making their own handheld is the only way we can avoid
NINTENDOMINANCE

Kindly fuckoff

I will only buy a Switch when they make one with at least 2 out of those 3: better screen (like the OG Vita), better JoyCon ergonomics and/or better battery life. Which means never ever

I never played any of them but this sure does look retarded.
Is the first one at least worthwhile? There seems to be too much muh war is sad autism forced in this.

Go masturbate to classic fire emblem m8.

It's painful how unsurprising it is that they fucked up so hard, again.

No one cares what you think.
Play it – or don't, it's your own bloody choice.

Edy is all right, but Selvaria is best, lad.

Haven't played that one either

It is a silly JRPGesque story in a cool tactics game. If you are somehow offended by waifus in a military setting stay the fuck away, otherwise it is a good time.

Have you ever seen a Nintendo handheld before? It's going to have at least 50 different revisions.

I have no problem with the waifus, but half the trailer was over the top drama about how horrible war is.

I'm pretty sure it will have at least one revision, but I'm not holding my breath on any of the 3 upgrades I'm asking for

The new girls are of course nice looking, but neither of them have the wholesome housewife forced to take up arms feel that Alicia had.

go back to cuckchan

it's as pretentious and retarded as you'd expect
anime is always the fucking worst shit imaginable when it's about trying to tell serious stories, you will cringe inside out

Stay mad.

Fully noted. Thanks user

not enough for a fucking VC2 in ps3

dont forget
>hope you good goys buy it again! you want VC4 right, goyim?

>>>/cuckchan/

I dunno what they were smoking when they thought it was a good idea to put the sequels on PSP.

I can do that fellow anonymous
>>>/gasyourself/
Isn't this how you fellow anonymous members link to other sub-boards? :^)
Kill yourself

As I said, it is your standard silly JRPG story, but it does have some pretty good things going for it, especially at the end. If you can tolerate some corny shit and likes tactical RPGs VC is a good time.

>>>/gaschamber/
>>>/oven/
>>>/out/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
>>>/you/

Hogs of War is still the superior game.

Wow! Look at all those secret subboards!!! How did you find them my fellow anonymous? Are you the "oldfag" everyone keeps talking about? :P

To be fair, the PS4 version has 60fps, is in 1080p and has all the DLC.
If someone who had a PS4 wanted a new (old) game, or just a remaster of a favourite, I'd understand if they bought it.
At least Sega did it properly and VC did not turn out like TLoU for the PS4 which was fucking worse than the original.

VR was their attempt to "expand the brand," and it's little wonder it failed so miserably, but at least they seem to have learned their lesson.

I'm not so sure about that. There are no cute girls in it.
Still a great game and has a better story than VC, I can tell you that.
I should probably replay it one of these days.

I don't mind reading the story and script at the bottom of the screen but gonna have to mute the voices. Japs are on par with jews for worst voices on the planet

shameful!

pleb.

wut? she was just a regular country girl that wanted to protect her villagers smiles, the whole housewife thingy is presented at the end of the game and in VC2

they wanted the casual market and couldnt even make a decent game, if they wanted to expand the brand they should have made a VC with the imps as MC's or some naval battle game or a fucking dating simulator in a military training academy.

Kill yourself, scumbag goon.

They look gay

has anyone here actally heard about the something awful before the goon buzzword got popular?

After having found this edit in a different thread, I kinda wish Sniper Girl's hat didn't have the bat-ears, then it'd be perfect.

This

I knew SA existed before I heard anyone refer to their users as goons. But I never cared about the forum or went on it.

they look like ear covering flaps that haven't been tied together.

I agree, she looks much better without them.
The other girl could do without the horns, too.
But it would be best if we could decide whether to have them on or off.

What kind of creature are you?

is Selvaria coming back?

He's gotta be a Friend that specializes in sucking cocks.

Probably not, but you get Snowvaria at least.

Fucking this. I mean this is not a realistic game, but at least the scenario was somewhat immersive. This bunch of faggy cosplayers doesn't give me any vibe of war or that the conflict of the game is important.

not buying then

I'm reinstalling the first game right now and this time I'm gonna finish it.

Don't forget to play the best girl's DLC.

Seriously, moot originally made 4chan specifically as a place for him and his SA buddies to hang out and talk about anime.

I don't even give a shit about the story at this point since it'll almost certainly be shit
more propaganda than german public school
edge
just shit

I just want the gameplay to be good, and ffs port it to PC as soon as possible, why nobody thinks mod support for these games would be fucking amazing is beyond me, Imagine VC1 with fan made maps that prevented scout abuse and actually used all available assets and allowed freedom in good maps without scripted events, i'd cum fucking buckets.

That's not the bread baking, twintail country girl…

WTF, i love goons now!

i dont remember that pic in the previous VC thread.

did you used the wrong pic, user?

moot is a cuck

worst crime japan has commited since ww1

Daily reminder that Rose was the best girl in VC 1.

Check yourselves, fools.

I don't get it.

Agreed, but, seriously, this is aimed at Otakus, and not as a really interesting take on war. Raita is great for tall, busty girls, and the uniforms in the first game were pretty good in general, but they let otaku design got too overwhelming. I don't need realism, just a bit more grounded view if they want to go with the theme.

In your wildest dreams.

Shocks were somewhat useful with their reactionary fire as defenders, and they could take a lot of fire in close quarters, such as trenches. They were fine.
???

Dumb smug anime poster.

How can it be weeb if it's a japanese game?

I really really like this picture

Otaku refers to japanese men exclusively, while weeb is for outsiders, or gaijins if you will.
They are NOT the same thing.

they all have the Ez printed on their uniform, silly.
now im waiting for the whole "winter is coming" maymays

Fuck off kike goons.

there are brown, black and white otakus, user

That's a weird way to spell Jane.

Does that mean they're all sluts then?

pic related

Does anyone who use Weeb even realize it's short for Weeaboo?

I reinstalled VC1 and everything's running in slow motion for some reason; changing the framerate/vsync doesn't seem to fix it. I vaguely recall having this problem the first time but I can't remember what the solution was.

anyone who uses the word weeb unironically need to be gassed tbh

u mad weeb lmao

This shit would be cleaned up if it was something Blizzard or Nintendo related

I want some realism though. It's sexy to see women wear proper uniforms.
That's the problem. And it's why we seldom see a more simple but elegant character and costume design, but why everything has to be full of color and with obnoxious stereotypes like cat ears or some shit. Miyazaki was right about Otakus.

Why are they shitting up this thread in particular anyway? Someone link it on cuckchan?

yes

just report and hide, user.

at least its not aimed to normalfags.

VC didn't have any of that, that that I remember. There were strong bonds in the units, but it was never portrayed as being any kind of a military advantage. Basically, Squad 7 is only successful because Welkin is a naturalist who exploits his knowledge of the home turf to get an advantage on the invaders - and later, because you have a Valkyria in your squad. The Nameless of VC3 are successful because Kurt is supposed to be a military genius who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and learned shit he shouldn't have - resulting in being sent to the suicide squad.

In VC1, you have permadeath and story-scripted deaths. In VC3, you have a squad that doesn't even like each other for the most part - they're largely all criminals and political nuisances who at best respect each other on the battlefield, but aren't really friendly. Part of the squad even splits off mid-game to join the empire. The biggest bullshit schtick in that game is the romance where you're pretty heavily encouraged to pick between good-natured and warm-hearted klutz, or the slightly broken tsundere.

VC2 has some of that friendship is magic bullshit, but then nobody claims that it's in any way a highlight of the franchise.

Guys too?

No fag

What's with those weird things on the sides of the female character's heads? This is supposed to be a fucking war, there is no place for odd ornamentation on one's head. It just looks silly.

Exaggerated ear-flaps. Cold climate, buddy.

One is I'm guessing like pic related the other is inexcusably stupid

It's a shame they already blew their load on Calamity Raven in VC3, because they would have made a pretty good unit to focus on for an Empire campaign.

Second best girl in VC3 is Lydia, followed by Gisele.

Thats not how you spell Marina

Huh, I forgot all about those guys.
I wonder if they're going to show up in this one.

But an Empire campaign could easily take place on the other side of the world, far away from Europe.
Their aesthetics are boner inducing and they always get the best girls.

I can't believe they went for the faggy Federation which tried to be sneaky and kidnap the princess.
Their uniforms are awful, and their flag is shit.

They were thinking "Japan".

Consoles are dying over there, but mobile (especially at the time) is still huge. In a lot of ways, making a portable title was a step-up for the series in their home market.

Fucking japs should stop working so much, then they wouldn't have to play every game on the train.

Remember the anime?

(checked)
Never seen it.

Haven't seen it. Is it good?

Only if you like NTR

Not even your quints will make it canon.

Well, as & said, both with dubs, I must say, that is one of the forgivable designs, The others, including the dog… Just no.

There were two games after the first one???

Take a guess.

Fuck I dunno how they managed to make it look even more cancerous than the first
Are those fucking schoolgirls?

Jesus christ how embarrassing

At least they're learning from their mistakes.
I think.

I just want galia to live in peace.

go for it, also watch the OVA

It's not rape if they're married.
Right?

cat ears are for faggots and horns are for patricians that's why sniper girl is cuter though and it will be upsetting seeing her get blueballed by MC/blondie

forgot my period

I thought she was a kancolle boat at first.

updated

A little inaccurate since the main characters in 4 so far seems to dress more accordingly to the weather

Let's wait until the game is out at least.

Say what you will I like the Federation look

Shoulda picked a different colour.

I see much more white than anything but obviously this is a winter themed game but so far it seems to distinguish itself, though I do agree as there still is prevalent blue and red

Man that's way too similar; the devs evidently see blue as the "hero" colour, but why use the same trim colour? If they can't even bear to have the Federation in say, green, then I doubt we'll ever get a game with playable Imperials.

I just realised that none of the main cast girls are obvious Valkyrias.
Are they going for the Alicia route again? Or is it going to be like 2 where she pretty much appears out of nowhere one day.

I guess it's because the Feds have a blue flag.
They're similar, but not that much, I think.
Not that I wouldn't mind a green uniform. That would be nice to see.

Just for austerity here's the others but bigger

What if dog can die?

Story character can't die until their cutscene. The dog will probably die.

Its clearly going to be the girl that was shown screaming in front of the misile door at 4:50 as she is also shown slapping the MC at 4:29, not to mention the headgear that looks like a fucking valkyrie thing

What I'm noticing most of is the white chevron with thin red outlines which every uniform has. The chevron in general is prominent on each uniform, with the pocket of the MC, the sheath for the shocktrooper, hell the sniper with her sleeves is basically a massive chevron. Other than that the biggest consistency I see are the square paddings that I'm sure have a name but remind me of the Biarritz interiors for Cadillac.

Gallian uniforms appear to use much more vertical striping and the four-square emblematic pattern of
in contrast to the Federation chevron that I previously mentioned.

Looking at the hip armor I'm seeing no bulges which appeared in most if not all hip armors of Gallian uniforms, and instead they're more smooth and streamlined in appearance, with a bowing instead of the bulge.

Then you delete your save and start again

You can point out the subtle differences but its clear that they are trying to match the style of the first game which is understandable after how much they fucked up with 2 and 3 and the retarded spin off.
That said, they should have gone with a game staring the Gallian again, that wrote out 2 and 3, and reconnected the first a bit to make the period in which the federation "allied" itself with the Gallians long enough to have some joint ops and allow for building their uniform designs as both cohesive, recognizable, differentiated, and most importantly, not overtly evil looking. But this is playing a long long long game rather then getting money now.
Who the fuck has a god damn cow skull on their armor without tying to be a bad guy.

I other words

Congratulations!

My apologies for the false (you).
But since you mentioned it, I do agree that she will likely be the one. As claims it is likely that tiara thing is probably used for radio comms, you can also see the MC has a visible radio as part of his uniform. This is not to say you are incorrect that it is a sign of her being the/a Valkyria in this game, just rather to put a use to what seems useless outside of a signifier of her power. Be it known to the cast or not.

Oh I don't mean to point out the differences in an attempt to prove that they're more different than they are, more that I just enjoy looking at costumes and comparing them. I'm also a big fan of the style, it's nice and reserved for what it is. I agree the uniforms look quite similar, as if both armies commissioned the same designer as opposed to each using their own designer from their own land/culture. As for what they should have done plot wise, I have no idea, I'm much more reserved in my thoughts on any plot in anything.
Texas the character, perhaps :^)

I think I'll be willing to give VC3 a try finally, been blowing it off since the english patch was released.

You mean this one?
I pretty much forgot about her the only things I remember from this is the colorblind hemophobic girl, titty monster dies, and and the MC laughs like a faggot everytime.

fug

blonde girl is missing armor on legs, which rosie and alicia at least have

It shows that he's a true machine gunner, never letting the fire off the trigger.

The girl at the bottom? May have to do with her being a long range class. Though that doesn't explain why she has a sheet of hip armor. Well nothing explains the hip armor in any of the games as far as I know, just there for aesthetic I guess

archive.fo/bHlUb

ooo