Competitive gaming

Fighting games are likely the only non shit form of competitive gaming there is right now. Is there any way to uncuck "esports" or at the very least raise them to standards of normal sports, after all both are enjoyed by mainly normalfags and yet Esports is so much worse.
For example, you don't hear of Football "dumbing down" the sport so fat fucks and idiots can have an easier time playing it and yet Esports is filled with the most casual shit games.

RTS was alright until it became a Worst Korean APM circlejerk.

Yeah but it's unlikely RTS will never be unfucked thanks to Gook click ruining the genre. I hope Spellforce 3 turns out to be good though.

For "esports" you have:
Will never be good again.
A literal nigger genre.
Was never good in the first place.
Probably the best contender but sadly dead.
My personal favorite.

playing for points doesn't count as an esport.

They wake up everyday and trick themselves into thinking their genre isn't dead. It is very sad tbh

Kek.

but real sports play for points

kill yourself casual, probably thinks rts and fps games are good competitive games

Okay, I mean playing against the computer and then comparing points doesn't count, it has to be player v player to count.

According to nu/v/, failing to meet wildly optimistic sales projections = ded.

We're talking about the industry that displaced hollywood for "I'm gay, bald, have no talent and want to be rich"

If anything they have quality standards.
Except for the part where they go and buy those shitty games anyway.
The games industry needs to take example from sonic autists who staple pieces of paper to street poles telling people not to buy the newest shitty sonic game.

Games get casualized to increase sales.

The best we can hope for is that games start having seperate "competative" and "casual" control schemes and game modes so that jew executives can have their mass appeal and cult appeal too.

Guilty Gear did a good job of this with their "stylish" vs "regular" control styles, as did p4 arena with their "mash a single button to do a sick ass combo at the expense of your meter." It really helped teach me sick ass combos in a way similar to rock smith.

TLDR: Tutorials built into playstyles and seperate areas for casuals and competatives will save competative gaming. We have to bridge the gap.

Its literally filled with niggers. Go look at a pic from a competition. It looks like a blm protest. I can only imagine the smell.

OP is probably a literal nigger, The only shit that could be called competitive would be Q3 and BW and one is dead and the other created "e-sport" becaquse gooks sucks so much at sport that had to create one., atleast the chinks had the decency of usurping jokes of sports like tabletop tennis and badminton instead of makign video gaming the national sport of their country

Fighting games are for every race except white people who don't have the reaction time or social skills for fighting games. It's why they don't have arcaded too.

Its also filled with asains are well. You are so pathetic its sad. Stay mad though.

You mean nips and niggers, And remember nigger the only reason nips have an arcade and fg culture is because using a pc for gaming is looked down upon and shamed by their society.

Except only Asians win on everything relevant that isn't made by NRS.

Wew lad.

Fighting Games are much more competive you numale.

Are we getting invaded by half chan again?

They are not nigger, the execution level is subpar and requires infinitely less intelligence,multitasking and reactions compared to Q3 or bw, is why you see faggots able to play those easy "competitive" fighting games until their late 20s or early 30s while every single q3 player or bw quickly decline after hitting their mid 20s

Casual

You aren't the "master race" if you refuse to test yourself, untermensch.

Theres the mlp fighting is magic game. Too bad it was canceled.

Rainbow Dash's theme was also pretty kickass.

Or because the genre died. But no go ahead and tell me that Star craft takes more execution than 3rd Strike.
Casuals should just admit that they are casual instead of making up this pathetic bullshit.

Oh shit, that project had some kickass music.

Quake is the only truly balanced game. Every character moves at the same speed with the same hitbox. Everyone spawns an equal distance from something useful enough to get them the lead and from the word "fight" its all skill. Not just aim but soundwhoring, map knowledge and mindgames.

But that's wrong.

So you don't play it. gotcha.

I've had enough duels on aerowalk where initial spawns have put me in a much better position to get stack than the other guy and just generally start me off stronger at the beginning to know that it isn't completely the case.

Will the match overall be decided by who's the better player? Sure, for the most part that's the case. But there are definitely at the very least slight differences in how advantageous your spawn is at the beginning, which is at least something. And that's to say nothing of spawnfragging, too.

What's it honestly going to take to make afps relevant again?

well that shut me up. kind of. I still maintain it to be far more balanced than anything else itt

yeah I love worshiping niggers
fuck off

People shouldn't take videogames seriously to the point of money-based competitions.

That autist who goes on about making a game specifically designed to troll speedrunners was doing it all wrong. This is all you need to drive people to insanity, it's genius.

What is this?

Game is called Getting Over It.

Except that never happened, you retarded fuckwit.

Don't forget that the NFL is literally killing their players so they can make more money. The guy who got arrested for murder and killed himself in his prison cell had the worst CTE the medical examiners had ever seen, worse than retired career football players. Team doctors have also been rather fast-and-loose with medications, actively prioritizing getting players back on the field over their health.

I like competitive Puyo Puyo.

Sure it does. The computer is comparable to any single sports event like tripple-jump, where the sportsman's execution is all that counts under given rules.

eSports is a cancer though, ruining vidya.

I appreciate you telling me the name, but you probably shouldn't have. I would have probably been better of not knowing about another streamer bait game.

The only company that gives a shit about AFPS (id software) is run by a bunch of clowns who are running any chances of success into the ground.

To make it relevant again you would need competent developers with a lot of backing who don't compromise on the game mechanics. In other words, nobody.

AoE2 has recently started rebuilding its community. The Definitive Edition is coming out soon, and AoE4 next year. That might be good enough to save the genre.

It takes more execution you strawmanning nigger, any monkey can have clean inputs on any fighting game after enough practice
and that including 3rd strike, please tell me again how hard is to do down parry when it's all about timing.

You are playing the right genre you doublenigger

Yeah you are right i forgot that wetbacks national sport is KOF

post 7.00 dota is fucking casual
icefrog is pig
sage

I want to beat Twilight with a pipe and rape her.

The biggest problem with e-sports outside of it being just shit is the fact that the players don't give a shit about the actual games. They'll play anything as long as they're getting paid for it.

I do love competitive fighting but competitive Puyo or Tetris is always worth watching. Catherine, as silly as it is, is also hilarious. I wish someone made a whole game based around that multiplayer with online play.

I find tourneys way more fun when they're not tied to e-sports. AnimeEVO can get away with much crazier commentary and games because it's not held on the standard as the main stage games. For this reason, AnimEVO is way more fun to watch while also having a larger variety of games like Catherine, Puyo, Gundam, and various anime fighters.

lol

E-sports? I just wanna have fun

It's sad that you believe that.

Yeah, he really dumbed the game down by replacing the generic "+2 to all stats" that every hero had with 800+ new passives (8 per hero) where you have to actually make decisions.
Just because something changed doesn't mean that you should turn your brain off and complain.
Sage.

I don't think there are many players that have been successful in more than one game unless you count sequels and the hand full of Starcraft autists that went to play poker.

Dang, I miss the times where people would only play games for fun or small-time competition, not prize money.

They haven't made an arena game in years though

It's always fun watching meltdowns.

got anymore?

Not yet.

I still believe a game can organically grow with word of mouth and a dedicated community, but afps suffers so much misconceptions and subsequent salt.
For example

People who think their aim (with a sniper) is better means they should win, might as well say they should've won in an RTS when their APM or whatever is higher, or that they did one particular thing really well while being shit at everything else.