Nioh Thread

Do you think we'll get a Nioh 2 or something in that vein?

I hope so, this game is fun.

Why is the enemy variety so shit?

How much of the game did the alpha and beta cover? I played both and was wondering if I've seen most of the enemies already.

Honestly I'm not really sure. It's not like they were close to running out of youkai.
>only one kind of tengu in the game well maybe two

You've seen a nice sampling of them but there are still a bunch that you haven't seen yet.

I can endure bosses, but as soon as he pops up his second phase I'm fucking dead. Ended up saying fuck this shit and went to play some abyss.

William's story is pretty much done. It would have to be in a different setting. Maybe the Nobunaga/Toyotomi period, but most probably the Bakumatsu. Plenty of opportunities for foreigner protags and battle scenarios, and also it'll be nice to show how everyone's liking Ieyasu's age of peace.

I just finished the spider boss. She was a pushover compared to the blob, but the blob was an asshole only because he needed fire damage to defeat and I was too daft to put two and two together and realize that you could imbue your weapon with fire at each brazier in the boss room.

Dodging sucks, it seems like you don't have very many i-frames at all, even in low stance. Blocking sucks because enemies can consume huge portions of your Ki bar in a single blow, so it almost seems like it's not even worth it unless you're fighting an enemy your own size. Maybe I'm still getting used to the combat, but it feels like enemies have infinite pools of stamina to draw from and they just wail at you without recourse, so you have to dart in between their brief down time, swipe at them, the get out before their next attack begins, and repeat. Basically I feel like the combat is sort of stiff - rigid animations, very aggressive enemies that deal huge damage, and very precise timing requirements for basic moves alongside stamina management - and I wish I could somehow circumvent that feeling and be more fluid.

It does seem appropriate, though, William is just an ordinary human and he's up against the forces of the Demon Realm, so I guess that's what you'd expect; a puny human just nipping at the heels of the demons.

Those little Tengu head accessories remind me jewish Tefilins.

バ ン ザ イ

There was, in fact, a theory that there was some Japanese-Jewish connection because of the tokin hat.
As it turns out it's just a coincidence. The older version of the tokin cap was actually a full cap but over time it was reduced in size and became a symbolic headgear.
Nioh actually uses the old version of the tokin for the yamabushi and gyousha sets and then adds the symbolic versions to the front.

last one looks like that fucking Goofy cosplayer, how did the japs come up with such absurd yet creepy shit?

>yfw you realize that is it isn't the Nips that are jews, it's the Tengu

Well, take some neanderthals and have them trapped on an island for thousands of years and let them inbreed for a while as well as having some pretty weird animals on said island, and you'll eventually get some similar results.

Noongaboonga took no shits lel

Better to use your own fire source. Using the giant torches puts them out, and they prevent tons of small blobs from spawning so you can focus on the boss.

There are apparently female versions of wheelmonks too.

In my first attempts I tried using mega bombs to fight him. It did not go well.

I just used a fuck ton of fire items at him and it seem to work well enough

Nobunaga was known for being an absolute madman, quite possibly the worldwide biggest on record.

Try the funny mask that spits fire. Can't recall the name.

While the historic accuracy did add some charm to the game, I feel like it restricted their creativity more than it added to it. If they do create a second one, I would like them to go off the rails and make their own history loosely based on reality.

this is actually the first time I had any kind of fps dips, guess it's not that surprising

Beyond "better enemy variety", what improvements would you like to see in Nioh 2?
The only thing I can think of is the ability to reforge accessories. Though, a better soundtrack would be nice as well.

More jap shit fighting styles. More ninja techniques like running on water, and more onmyo shit like summon familiar. Maybe a sumo class for the fuck of it, and just slap people around.

So, just throw Ninja Gaiden and God Hand into the pot, basically? Would be amazing if they could pull it off.

Less grinding. I'd really just like to be able to find a single weapon that I really like and use it forever instead of having to dick around with soul matching and reforging.

I guess yeah. This game really appeals to my inner YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and I want more of that.

Better maps with less reused details. This and reusing bosses in the DLC are the only major issues I had with the game and they were forgivable because of how good the rest of it is. More weapons could be good too but only if they feel different from the other weapons and don't have similar attack patterns. The map is the only thing that really needs to be done better.

A weaponless fighting style, maybe even different martial art skills that can be learned by dumping points into them.
Better music & enemy variety.
Locked off routes and sections in levels to make going through them for sub-missions more interesting, since there can be some variety.
The ability to directly upgrade traits on your equipment, maybe by sacrificing another piece of gear with the same type of bonus to improve the bonus on your favourite item (i.e. sacrificing an item with +10 luck to improve the +20 luck of your current gear)

Weapons and your upgrading of them are core to the game though. How about fist weapons, that add kicking attacks when equipped?
This just sounds like more easy padding so you'll go through a mission 2-3 times in order to get all the slightly different paths.

Haha, eat shit, devs. You can't kick me back to the title screen for cheating my money higher if I cheat my money higher at the title screen.

Obviously I'd prefer more maps in general, but if they are going to get you to go back to previous maps for sub-missions, at least give me some new routes or shortcuts to discover so it still feels fresh. The only times the maps should be identical are the twilight missions.

As for weaponless fighting, I guess there could be two types of gauntlets in the game, armour pieces and weapon pieces, so that if you're going fists only, you essentially lose an armour piece.

You could just upgrade your armor harder for no weapons style.

Wew, what do you even need the money for.

Soul matching. I want to use the bastard sword and armor I got in the tutorial for the whole game and fuck grinding for money.

Just change the appearance of the armor you're wearing to it then.

Fuck that. It just doesn't feel right unless I have to invest like 40 levels into equip load just to have a shot at being able to fight things.

Really gets the noggin joggin.

I'm more headstrong than I am smart.

I should probably mention that I first fought him back before the ninja and magic buff update.
I also use bombs on frog dad and (n)ice lady. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

A similar historical fantasy setting, maybe set in Europe starring this guy during the lead-up and beginning of the 30 year war?

You are just retarded and I hope your shit gets fucked

General things like naginata even as a spear skin, kanabo, Okinawan weapons, more youkai types, usable tengu geta, pics related as headgear, being able to wear the dojo outfit outside the dojo, more noh masks, etc.
On the bigger end of things I'd like to see NPC pawns including youkai pawns. While I like the mission based stages I'd like to see at least 2 or 3 large mission-less stages where you could have fun calling out fellow players in pvp honoraboru duels or to play ninja; I never got to play any of the Souls games so I'd like to experience invasion type gameplay but without it infecting the rest of the game.
I'd like to see more nice looking stages like the bathhouse, foxtown, the three gods shrine, and the snow shrine. Nioh had way too many stages that were dark and that's a shame.
Also I like to see smithing texts to be less grindy and more progression based.

I hope team based multiplayer for Nioh 2 that is Espanya vs Samurai

Or a Chinese setting. There's certainly a wider variety of weapons to choose from. They could just subtly alter the element system to use Wu Xing. They could even still feature catbro since he's the Byakko.

I don't get it?

Cheeky fuck, you know what it is.
5/10 made me respond

More randomized elements on the level design, less linearity and rewarding exploring the level instead of rushing to the boss over and over again after you know the layout, this could be created by adding different version of special enemies with different patterns and different loot..

Unlikely since the Nips hate the Chinks. There's not many nip games that take place in China as far as I know. Shadow Hearts is one, but that was back on PS2 and is relatively obscure now.

I don't know what you're talking about. Why is that anime girl taking such a large bite of that hotdog? She might choke.

?

well the good news for you is that it totally is because i never have stamina

Fucking nigger I'll end your life

Make sure you're ready for what happens after Masamune, user.

She can't choke on it because she's not real, user. It's a drawing.

I'm on the last difficulty level and it feels like shit. Can't get a good weapon and I'm dealing triple digit damage to some enemies if I'm not casting weakness and buffing up. How do you get those Change to Attack modifiers? I tried reforging until I was broke.

Try umbracite when reforging, the modifiers usually pop-up with the rarer types of umbracite.

Do I need to unlock it first? I only see 3 choices for reforging.

Getting close to 70k glory. Which girl do I buy?

A hub that isn't just a map menu
More weapons types or existing weapon types with unique movesets

Also, why can't William wash his fucking face?

You fucking shit eating nigger I'll eat you alive

Because he's Irish.

Blacksmith girl.

There's an option when you are going to choose the equipment to reforge to temper instead, look at the bottom of the screen to which button you press and that'll take you to the umbracite screen.

Oh I completely missed this feature somehow.

Kek

Nagasaki was created especifically for trading with Portugal, go back to the Filipines Spic.

You should now find reforging to be less of a hassle, just know that every time you temper with umbracite it'll change all the choices available so make sure you look at what each slot will get.

Get huelocausted you fucking monkey

Get catapulted over the wall you fucking spic

All the choices you can choose from*. I didn't mean to make it sound like all your stats on your weapons get randomized

GEE I THOUGHT THIS GAME WAS GONNA BE LIKE DARK SOULS
NOT A WALK IN THE PARK

I'm not even on the fourth area. How do I stop this?

Why are you burning out?

If you stick to story missions the change of scenery will help avoid that, though you might find yourself underleveled.

Nice spacing by the way

Some mechanics are like Dork Souls and the maps have gritty atmosphere, thats pretty much where the similarities end.

Don't play for more than three hours at a time. Set a goal to complete the current stage and then stop, and make sure you thoroughly complete the stage. Kill all the enemies, find all the loot/those little green fuckers, and call it a day. Alternatively, if you're strapped for time, give yourself a death limit (i.e. "I'll try this level 10 times, if I die 10 times, it's game over, I'll pick it up later). I find that I can get through games in small bursts like this much easier these days.

Thats the problem and more enemy variety would have fixed this.
Fuck man, I'd take a model change with one new attack pattern from one of the already existing enemies.
The smaller Onis are pretty much that already.

I go out of my way to do every sidemission, and do a lot of co op because I have a friend to play with, and still find myself underleveled. I don't know how hard they expect us to grind.

Aren't you supposed to be underleved?
Shits easy as hell otherwise

Guys, I'm loving this. How is the world design? It it DaS 1 tier? At this point I'm just about to fork over the money for it. Does the game have a satisfying conclusion? Can you get the moth girl?

Now, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, because I do love the game, but am I the only one who thinks the bosses are kind of shitty? They're not really all that complex when you break down their movesets, and the strategies required to beat them are pretty straightforward. All the bosses so far seem like gimmick fights, aside from the first two and the spider woman.Do they get anymore complex later on?

It just feels like the bosses overcompensate for their simplicity by doing extreme amounts of damage.

You know how Dark Souls was some kind of Western Fantasy ARPG made by Japanese people? Nioh is some kind of Japanese Fantasy ARPG made by Western people.

You get the moth at the very end.

It's Demon's Souls mixed with Diablo and Ninja Gaiden. The levels are compartmentalized but are really well designed. No, but you get your feathered mermaid back.

I mean I'm not struggling with the game, but I am consistently around 10 levels under the suggested.

Level design is nice, but they really make use of it by making you do it a million times. It's also mission based and not interconnected, with the maps being far smaller than most Das1 areas. Also exploration is not emphasized, it can get pretty linear. Haven't beaten the game yet, so I can't speak of the end.

You also can't jump in any way or form.

You can fall gracefully.

???

I'll have to see it for myself then. At this point the gameplay is damn near perfect, but I really did appreciate the level design in DaS and with DaS 2 I realized how important the world and level design can be as it broke my experience in 2.

The moth is not saoirse, they are different spirits.

depends on what you mean. If you mean is it inter connected and double backs on it self in clever ways that allow you to take shortcuts once you've gotten to certain points?
No. The game is broken into regions of japan, and levels within that region. Each level is a singular map. They're usually good, and very atmospheric, but are not DS1 teir world design.

If you're talking about art direction, then yes Nioh has great world design. The sound direction, and lighting really create an atmosphere that you can understand why ancient Japanese people might think there were giant oni out fighting during a rain storm, or the general unease you feel as tall grass blows and shimmers in the dying light of twilight.

Textures aren't as good as they could be (but i'd take better performance over textures any day in a game like this).

I'd say give it a try. I really enjoy the combat (more so than in Dark Souls1), I love the world and the game's art direction. The loot system is a little annoying, but nothing too terrible.

William crossed the ocean to save his fish waifu, and in the end he does. Then he crosses the ocean again to save his ninja bro, and in the end he gets a moth waifu for his troubles.

I'm not really sure. I had a bad twilight mission experience where my autism refused to let me quit the mission and that's when the feeling started. It also might have something to do with respecing into Tonfas because they feel all flashy with no substance I guess.

I've only done two twilight missions, but I end up on levels for a long ass time because I kill a lot of revenants.

That's the thing though, I've put 30 hours into it and I've been playing daily since release, so it's not like I'm playing for very long. It feels like I've got a hard cap on how long I can enjoy a game before I start getting bored with it, most of the games I own that are longer than 30 hours usually never get played much more than that. It's weird.

Then how is she eating it?

This isn't a Nip game?

gotcha, then that's another plus.

Sounds like I'm going to have to experience it first hand then. I'm glad the atmosphere is there, but a big thing I liked about DaS was the world and exploration. Still, this isn't DaS and the gameplay is great. If I end up wanting to keep playing it tomorrow I'm buying it.

Sounds like a personal problem. I don't have that problem, if you put a game that I enjoyed in front of me and tell me, "Here, you can play this for as long as you like, but you can only play this" then I'd be perfectly fine with that, provided that I can manage my own time with the game. I don't know what you can to keep yourself motivated to play. Maybe it's time for you to put the game down for a while? Play something else and come back to it later?

Wait scratch that. I thought it was Ninja Theory, which is British. It is, infact, Team Ninja who are Japanese.

I only wish capcom had made that mistake.

Also, just little things like a Yokai doing the back swing attack when you're standing behind them way faster than they normally would, but they're an elemental Yokai so the attack does 800 physical and then 400 elemental damage which one hits you if you're on anything but max health. This isn't to complain about dying, but more than one small fuck up means you have to go through the entire area again.

And then one last complaint: The Nue in The Demon of Mount Hiei is bullshit. It hits me for 1400-1700 while I'm only hitting 110's. I living weaponed it for a solid 20 seconds and all it did was drop it to slightly below half.

You're probably right. I just need to take a break and hope I actually come back to it.

I liked this game, I really did, but I'm sick of this shit.

Nope. fuck right off with that.

That other user hasn't played far enough.

FUCK YOU

I have a Kusanagi Tsurugi with A+ Spirit to Attack. I want to add lightning to it, but I only have the 20 fabled umbracite they give you for free to temper with and element bonuses only seem to appear on the quality tier tempering options whenever I reforge a bonus. Do certain bonuses only appear in certain tiers, or can I keep reforging and eventually get a higher lighting bonus to appear in the fabled tier?

Also, should I ever get match up in co-op with somebody doing the damn centipede boss, what was the right way to fight him? I know how to cheese it, but that's no fun and probably won't work with two people drawing his attention anyways.

I just saw a fire bonus in the fabled tier, but it was different. What's the difference between [ELEMENT] +X and [ELEMENT] +X%?

Actual elemental dmg on your weapon and %age increase of the type you deal with this weapon.
The latter does squatdiddley unless it's paired with the former or you slap talismans on it. I think.

Internet on consoles was a fucking mistake.

I'm slogging my way through way of the strong but cant really find a spirit I like that much
Ive just been using Shin roku because the armor buff is kinda nice but thats really it so far

How useful is luck? I always have Itokuri(?) as a secondary for a luck bonus.

FUCK YOU

What's a decent build for the first playthrough to get the feel of things? Feels like a tank build is a little asinine in this game.

block as he crawls at you, he'll rear up then you wail on him.

What's auto recovery?

I have "familiarity damage bonus A" in one slot, and have not been rerolling it. It's tempering options include "lightning +21". If I don't reroll it, will "lightning +21" not be able to appear from reforging and tempering in any other slots, or will the tempering option for it be replaced if I get it in another slot? I'm assuming you can't have the same bonus in two slots.

I'll be very buttflustered if I just wasted a shit ton of money reforging with absolutely no chance of getting the bonus I want from rerolls or tempering.

Nevermind.

inb4 gib sauce to the "sucking on mother's balls" sad panda

Tengu are the folklore representation of some "barbarians", as your average Japanese peasant saw the Dutch, Portuguese, etc. as red skinned, big nosed, Jesus worshiping greedy demons.
Source: drinking buddy is majoring in anthropology, and is writing his thesis about south east Asia.

don't the tengu pre-date western contact?

**Also hairy, one of the translations for "nanban" can be "barbarian with hairy legs"

Tengu are first recorded in the Nihon Shoki (~700 AD), European expeditions go as far back as to ~520 BC

Woah, really?

Technically.
The first propperly recorded European boat to disembark in Japan was around 1500 AD; but expeditions around SE Asia are really ancient. So it's likely that at least a group of adventurous Persian merchants landed on Japan at least once to trade shit.

Chinese-Roman relationships began around 100 BC, and knowing the ancient Chinese they for sure gave them a tour of their collosal empire (which for their eyes, incompased everything that they laid their eyes upon)

And of course you have the Jews in the 500's with their gigantic economic corporation monopoly thing that encompassed everything from England to China

Pic related, Radhanite network.

fund it

so in this where they actually put the interesting boses uh? and you get his sweet gun, nice. shame it's actually kinda small

That's really fascinating. Aren't tengu supposed to be mountain gods though? Why would foreigners be portrayed as something very indigenous seeming? I'm not doubting you, this is genuinely interesting.

How could there be a Nioh 2? Doesn't it end with you killing Nobunaga and the greatest lords under him? Unless you head west and fight the Chosokabi or Shimikazu, but they're less well known. Or the Date I guess.

Well, honestly I don't really know.
Whenever I talk to this guy I'm ussually drunk so the information I'm relying is most likely partially incomplete.
If this thread is there next week I'll probably give more bits of shit.

If you find out, please tell me.

You already fight the Date, plus the Sanada.

It could be set in a different period. I'm not great at my japanese history, but I'm sure there's more stuff.

I mean, if you kill Nobunaga before the Sengoku is over, the Sengoku will just continue.

The DLC finishes the Sengoku period.

Is it like just at the end or does Nobunaga have time to do his little weapon confiscation thingy?

The game starts in the lead to the Sekigahara period of the Sengoku era, well after Nobunaga's historical death and ends with the last battle of the Sengoku era, the summer siege of Osaka Castle.

Depends. If you kill Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Ieyasu as well as their top generals, most of the biggest names are gone, except the date, sanada, and a few others. But another user already mentioned the date and sanada are fought as well already.

Oh.

There aren't that many other interesting time periods in japan to fight in with total war like that happening.

That was Hideyoshi and he is also dead at the start of the game.

When has killing Nobunaga ever stopped him for good?

It doesn't have to be balls to the wall everyone fighting, just an excuse to go kill youkai.

When was the last time we had an explicitly pro-Christian major studio vidya?

So are you ever gonna deal with Maria for good or is the game leaving it open?

Kevin Sorbo could start a vidya company dedicated to beat 'em up games using MK-like sprites of himself as Hercules the Christian™.

Pretty sure Mitsuhide Akechi burning the fucker alive in a temple put him down for good, or he wouldn't have let his traitorous retainers depose his family line.

I mean just look at them with their giant beak noses, yamaka shaped spots and reptilian features.

Don't forget the constant ass-grabbing and sexual assault. Kappa are confirmed jews, and Mario is right to kill them.

So how do you grow stronger past 150 gear wise? The DLCs are simply getting too tanky for my tastes, even getting some sweet bonuses on gear by reforging. The flat values are the problem.

Until you beat Way of the Strong the best you can get is 150+10.

To increase + value, soul match Divine items where the material has equal or greater + to the original item, the + will always increase by 1 (so Matching a +1 with a +10 gives you a +2, alternatively two +1s make a +2. Matching two +0s does nothing, though you can add a +1 to a +0.

Once you complete way of the Strong it increases to 200+20, and then further as you complete way of the wise and way of the nioh. I know when you complete way of the nioh it maxes at 999+x, I forget what the +is, but in order to find those items you need to explore the abyss (to floor 999 most likely).

The blacksmith can forge items based on the highest level mission you have completed, up to the restrictions of your current difficulty level.

I think it maxes at 320+135, haven't seen anything higher than that yet.

Well, hopefully the enemies don't scale from NG+ Kyushu to Omi as much as they did in NG then. But I didn't realize how the +1 worked, thanks.

The blacksmith can only ever forge +1 gear at best, the rest you have to get by soul matching

Getting the best reforges is all you can do right now. You can use Tempering to get the BEST ones much faster, so farm some Umbracite from coop.

In order of priority
Starts at A- with no familiarity. If your weapon already has the same attribute you gain the attack bonuses from both the innate change and the reforged one, so you want to double up your best attribute if possible.
Does extra damage from that element and more importantly inflicts elemental status. Lightning, Wind, and Water are the best. Lightning slows enemy attack and dodge, Wind reduces enemy damage, and Water reduces their armor. Depends on whether you want to do more damage (water) or live longer. I prefer lightning myself. It also helps to have a different element on your second weapon, so you can inflict confusion/discord, which comes from inflicting two elemental status at once.

Earth element reduces Ki regen and fire element does some pathetic fire damage. Neither of them are really worth using, although there is a Guardian Spirit that helps Fire be not shit (reduce defense: scorched)
Starts at A-. Equipment weight damage bonus is good if and only if your total equip weight is over 30.1. Familiarity is always good.

Enemies Defeated damage bonus adds up to the same amount as the above (+16%) but only at a rate of 1% per enemy killed, resetting per level/when you die/when you use a shrine, so usually the effect will not be very strong. Consecutive hits is similar, so that's generally trash as well. Agility damage bonus is +16% at A agility, +11% at B. Note on ranged weapons Agility damage bonus applies to your melee weapon as well, but familiarity does not
Starts at 15% and is rare as fuck. The reason this is ranked below Familiarity damage bonus is because it stacks additively with other sources of CCD, meaning that 16% from familiarity will often do more than the 20% CCD

Now personally, I like to stick Weaken Melee Weapons and Parry Disabled on my weapons. Weaken Melee weapons will MASSIVELY (more than wind element) reduce the damage of enemy attacks, but it can only be applied to enemies with an actual weapon (eg all humans, skeletons, Oni, dwellers etc). Parry disabled prevents your lighter attacks from rebounding when an enemy blocks. This one really depends on if you want to use low stance or some mid stances, as High stance won't rebound anyway. With parry disabled I can just spam low quick attacks even if an enemy blocks and keep them locked down and eat their ki that way.

You can also reforge armor. If you are lucky, you can find Gloves with +attack as an inheritable trait, then you can transfer it to all your other pieces of armor. There's also a glove trait "close combat attack increase" that gives you a bonus similar to "consecutive hits" (a stacking, very short duration damage buff on hit). There's a head bonus that increases damage on amerita absorption, and I believe a foot one that increases damage on purification.

But he's already dead though, what the heck?
He's just coming back to show off a little and leaves for the spirit realm again.

yeh, I'm going to buy it tomorrow. Been a long time since I played a game that made me want to stay up all night and still wanted to play more.

may this be another case of why dev's shouldn't fear piracy.

Same here, although to be totally honest the thing that made me end up choosing to buy it was the clans, specifically the fact that "you cannot change clans while offline". That would eat me alive knowing I picked the wrong one to start

Agility Damage Bonus A stacks with a second Agility Damage Bonus A if it's on your ranged weapon and a third time if you're using the Aya-Komori spirit.

Irrelevant. I said that Agility on ranged affects melee. You would be better off with familiarity on melee, unless you have A agility or use ranged a lot. It stacks either way

Oh yeah I can definitely use that. Can it be reforged with divine drops?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but the answer is probably yes. Use tempering though, it will save you a massive amount of pain.

Normally I would have waited on a sale like I did for Xenoverse 2 or Hollow Knight, but the online features lured me in to getting it at full price, like you. Still, I usually buy the games I like unless the dev/publisher is complete shit and just happened to stumble on a good game

Does anyone have information on the red enemy status icons? I'd like to know what each one means

You know it's true though, fucking koei

they recycle games like crazy, but they have yet to do something irredeemable in my eyes. Takes a lot to get on my bad side, that being said, most western devs, publishers, and localization teams managed to get there. Only Japanese one I can think of is Capcom, Nintendo has gotten close though.

though I figure I'm preaching to the choir

I noticed a hotspring icon in mission select and how using a hotspring ticks the icon off
Is there any point to this?

To keep track of what hot spings you've used. Collecting them all gets you an achievement.

why is Not Important dressed like a weaboo?

Why can't the mustard race into interesting generals?

If you see one that's looks like the amrita symbol that means they extract your amrita and will decrease your living weapon gauge. If you see any ailment that's what the hits will give you.

And this is in reference to what exactly?

Heal 1% hp/s for like 30 seconds.

Is there a list of what each buff/debuff icon means?
Doing a full ki pulse gives a different icon based on what stance you are using and parrying with a sword gives a long lasting buff which I don't know anything about.

is there any set with odachi or odachi skill bonuses? most sets seem to favour katana or spear

I'd like to see one myself.

From left to right here we have
Lightning buildup
???
Inflicts reduced ki recovery?
Increased defense?
Increased attack
Drains amrita gauge
???
Increase movespeed?

Odachi was added in DLC later on so you probably won't get any until you hit that content.

That second one "breaks" your buffs, if it hits you it'll remove things like the QCS or defense/offense ups.

What should I focus my stats on? So far I've been dumping into Strength and Body because I use spears and swords, but what else is actually good?

but the KI my dude

also if you care about your guardian spirit effects, increasing Spirit to match the requirements is a good investment. Really you don't have to worry about fucking up because respec books aren't that hard to come by. Experimentation is highly encouraged, especially on a first playthrough.

Unless I missed one somewhere, with 34 spirit you can effectively use any guardian spirit effect.

I'm trying a reinstall. I didn't get any crashes for my first 90+ hours playing the game, so maybe that will solve it for another 90 hours. Or maybe it will at least solve it long enough to beat WotW The Queen's Eyes.

Last time I had crashes, I turned off steam overlay and it never happened since. Gimps my ability to screenshot but what can you do.

I'll try that too then, once the reinstall is finished. Only about an hour and a half more to go.

Are they that useful? I haven't unlocked any others besides the one at the start, but even that one I rarely use because it's like

You're talking about the living weapon, spirit doesn't affect it. What it affects are the passive bonuses each guardian spirit gives. Like, for instance, one might give a boost to your grapple damage if you have 14 spirit or higher.

These bonuses. Like the Enemy/Treasure/Amrita/Kodama sense here only works if you have at least 25 spirit. There are some really good bonuses on a few other spirits, entire builds revolve around Suzaku for semi-permanent Living Weapon mode and critical HP bonuses at the same time.

Looking for jolly cooperation is going to be an exercise in frustration isn't it?

Sometimes. Make sure you have your region settings configured timited. The matchmaker doesn't actually care about things like ping and if it matches you with someone halfway around the world it is almost certain to connection failure. Limiting that will dramatically reduce the number of errors and get you into more coop faster.

Anyway I get all kinds. Lots of people who don't know the level and won't follow me, so they meander about in circles for fucking ever until they eventually get killed by some random skeleton. Then there are the times I get matched into games I just can't handle yet, I got put with the same person trying to fight Date Masamune in Way of the Strong before I'd even started playing Way of the Strong, 5 times in a row. Of course now that I'm about to start on Way of the Nioh I get put with people in Way of the Samurai almost exclusively.

Coop (random encounters) is the best way to get Umbracite, which is used to Temper weapons. Not only are you guaranteed a piece as the completion reward, but enemies can drop Umbracite of all quality levels. It does NOT drop when playing solo. Tempering Weapons (accessed by pressing Y when selecting an item to reforge) allows you to select from a list of attributes instead of getting one randomly.

For soul matching, should I always be grinding up the familiarity of both weapons to max?
I found a level 4 purple masakari axe on the first revenant on the beach right at the start of the game, and it's been more powerful than any other axe or hammer I've found in the first three missions by a huge margin, and I want to catch its level up with my other stuff.

The familiarity of the base item only affects the cost. The familiarty of the material (when maxed) allows you to transfer its inheritable property, if possible.

Alright, that seems straightforward enough.

To be honest don't bother with soul matching unless you get a weapon with abilities that you really like.
Early game you'll be switching gear so often that soul matching is worthless and later in the game the costs of soul matching become so high that its a waste of money to do it.
Just forge new gear whenever your current one is getting outdated.

Well there's two skills that I could inherit onto my axe that I figure would increase its longevity even more, "axe damage +16.5%" and "strength scaling B", so I don't mind a little grinding or expense even if it'll be obsolete in a few hours.
I'm more curious which one would increase the axe damage the most. I am a strength focused build for the most part, and the axe is the only weapon I've found really fun to use other than the matchlock that pops heads like pinatas.

Soul matching is the only way to add + values to your items and the only way to keep forged items relevant compared to the shit you find. Outside of way of the samurai soul matching is important.

Yeah, I read that and that what I was after since twilight missions can get a little tedious. So it only works with random encounters mode then?

I think they were too focused on making good boss fights, so the normal enemy variety ended up suffering.

JEsus Christ what the fuck. It does not look good enough to warrant such loads.

Koei Tecmo doesn't exactly make user friendly PC ports. Also

LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND, I, EDWARD KELLEY, THE SHAPESHIFTING ALCHEMIST OF DARKNESS, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL. BUT A FOOLISH SAMURAI, WIELDING 57 MAGICAL SWORDS STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME

Is 50GB still considered a lot? It only takes about an hour to download, and it takes up virtually no noticeable space on cheapo 1TB+ drives.
I agree with you that I can't see a good reason for it to be 50GB, though, unless every single asset is uncompressed.

74, actually. Some people claim to have used CompactGUI to compress it all the way down to 18 with zero performance loss, but I couldn't get that program to work so who knows. Plus it's working fine for me and I don't want to risk somehow making the game break or something

Might work in the other coop mode, but that's harder to get going

You've never gone beyond WOTS have you.
Soul matching is the only way to get higher +values on divine and above gear dropping with it

The whole divine weapon spiel isn't going to be relevant to a guy who is using a level 4 axe for 30+ hours of gameplay.

Remove PCfags.

Well at the end William and Hanzo go to Nagasaki to keep a look out for foreign threats and amrita hunters and to try to keep the peace between the human and spirit world. Tactfully they didn't end the game with the two of them holding hands and walking into a spirit portal. Reminder that Maria is still around and there could be more Kelly clones out there.

I like the idea of Nobunaga being Japanese Dracula.

Get the texts for the Smith's Hammer and Frolicking Cats kabuto.

Fucking hundred eyes crash. I just want to unlock the next difficulty already

>maria just fucks off into her Spanish portal when you face off against the nine-tailed fox
That bugged me with the ending, I would have liked at least one more fight.

May be a stupid question. When a weapon skill unlocks a passive trait, like pic related, does it only apply for this weapon? Since the kusarigama seems to have the lowest final blow damage, it seems a bit strange it would be the only one to have such a bonus.

Passives are generally all weapons unless it specifies. The dual swords Mystic Artes are dual sword only though

Splendid, thanks.

There's really only one or two multi-weapon passives per tree, and you probably can't afford them yet anyway.

I'm already at Osaka (Summer) of the first playthrough.

And passives can apply in surprising ways too. The three rules of thrusting in the spears list buffs kunai damage. I would suggest buying all the passives if you can afford them.

It's not until most of the way through WOTD I really had enough points to buy passives for the weapons i didn't use

I found the solution.

I transferred the save back into my pirated version (requires hex editing the first 3 lines) and no crashs at all

So in other words it's either DRM related or online related, and I've already tried playing offline.

You know, I'd like to see a DOOT game that had you face off against Yokai instead of demons. That'd be pretty cool, I feel.

Ice bitch>>>Bat bitch

man im glad im not poor

When you see the ice spikes just run horizontally around her, the spikes will miss you.

Dash her 3 spears, Dash and dodge her spear clusters.

If we did, I want them to rework a lot of things. For one, either get rid of or refine the loot system so it isn't some annoying MMO RNG grind. Then for story aspects I'd say try to explain things better or actually focus on the character first over the historical environment they're in. Maybe I just have to study Japan's history more but I felt completely lost who was who through the entire game. Then finally I'd say refine the inventory menus so it isn't just constant scrolling to find what you're looking for.

What do you think is the toughest SINGLE boss in the game? No adds or other bullshit. No sloth talisman allowed.

I'm thinking either Nue or Ice bitch.

I have a bloodborne box but I didn't buy Nioh on it because I was all but certain Koei Tecmo would make a complete edition on PC. I just didn't expect them to do it literally right after releasing all the DLC for PS4.

Nigger u wot? Nue is a pushover. He falls to the oldest dark souls boss method, get right up in his dick and keep wailing on him.

So far, Masamune Date. He's we want the Lady Maria audience - hyper armor edition.

Talking about guardians. Is Daiba-Washi better than Nine-Tail for farming?

Enjoy getting lightning'd out of nowhere because he has the ability to stand up instantly and bolt himself, and even if you survive the lightning you are fucked because it slows you.

Nue takes 2 seconds to raise his head and summon lightning, and it takes another 2 seconds before the lightning actually strikes.
If you pay attention to his tells you can literally WALK away in time to dodge it.

This applies to everything Nue does with two exceptions:
If you are in his face or hugging his sides, his claw attack will hit you via tracking. Luckily you can just block and dodge the follow up.
If he's getting ready to spin and you're midswing, you need to backstep instantly because walking would take too much time.

I haven't played the game since platinuming it back in spring earlier this year. Is the dlc any good or should I just not bother? I know they added more missions, enemies, and weapons as well as letting you carry two guardian spirits at once.

I smashed that frozen puss, bitch needs to step up

Nue goes down way too easy with water elemental attacks and the little dragon will just fuck him up.
The toughest human boss I would still say is Muneshige with Maria coming in a close second.
I can't really decide which is the strongest Youkai boss but Lady Noh has got to be somewhere near the top of the list.
If we're talking about different instances of a all the bosses and not just the first appearance then Onryoki in Greater Demon Hunting hits like a fucking tank. All of the rematches with Otani seemed much more powerful than the original.

are there quite a few enemy types and yokai or are you mostly fighting humans from the first level throughout the game?

I dont know how I won with her bullshit AOE attacks, but she took me a few tries to do. Just hit her whenever you find an opening, which is usually right after an attack or combo.

This gets old very fast
I'm on the third map now and it's really boring.

I have to agree with you
The loot system and lack of enemy variety in particular are what's putting me off

Date Shigezane for yokai. Hayabusa Jin for humans.

Take a screenshot of it and reverse search it.

found it using saucenao, thanks

Depends more on the arena than the boss for me. Trying Maria On WotN right now and depending on which way I'm facing I get different amounts of slowdown and input delay, making correct timing hard.

Meant for

My first experience with co-op on a twilight mission. At least I finally got someone and we tore through the place, then proceeded to spam the play dead emote after the boss. Nice to see someone else who appreciates the fine arts of spamming voice lines.
Also post billying.

Which one?

Date Shigezane.

I'm pretty damn sure an onmyo was there in NG. Are fiends considered harder for some insane reason?

I basically flipped between most weapon types (except axes) until I put like 100 hours into the game, not even joking. They are all fun and good in their own way. In the end, I settled for kusarigamas with a side of tonfas if I feel like bashing someone's ki right out of their ass. The Muramasa is just for the iga ninja set bonus, I am a filthy kunai spammer, and say whatever you want, but that shit is just fun to abuse. Since this is my first character and first (technically fourth) playthrough, I've decided to use every single trick the game can offer me. Challenge runs and specialized builds will come much, much later.

Shigezane is easy once you realize you're supposed to hit his arm after his crawl and then back the fuck off.
He has a pattern where he baits you with an arm swing instantly after his sword swing, but every other follow up after the crawl is safe for 1-2 hits on the centipede head.
You also get huge windows of opportunity after his lunges and leaps so unless you're running up close to his human body he should be a piece of cake.

Nue is a pushover and the Ice bitch is only challenging if you don't have any weapons with reach/fire element or have no defenses.

barefoot okatsu mod when

The umbrellas are the WORST pieces of shit imaginable, I swear to god.

shoot them.

When there are 3 of them + flying bolt + 2 skeletons? I am doing Secrets of the Dead on WotW right now, and it's absolute cancer. I am not even gonna mention the spiders.

Then shoot one, and living weapon the rest.

They paralyze through LW, you know.

I did not know.

then cast a resistance scroll or take a paralyze pill

PLEASE DO NOT!

Use kunai to take them out from afar. I think blocking prevents them from building up status effects.

It does

That's what I do, except I have to kite the other 6-7 enemies for about a minute until I get the opening to do so. Just died on the last wave, again. About 8-10 floating heads, a revenant, an onmyodo and a fucking wheel monk, right after 2 tengus. These arena missions are just not fun solo.

Just throw all your shit at them, you have like 30+ throwables.

You don't get it, do you? When you have 5+ enemies all attacking during each other's attack cooldowns, the only thing you can do is run like a pussy bitch and pelt them 1 kunai every 5-10 seconds. I'd tank them with LW, except even the toughest LW is drained with like 3-4 hits from the elites or the big yokai. Anyway, it's not undoable, but I do not enjoy doing it.

Or use the mines, makibishis, spells, ranged weapons or just abuse the pathfinding.

How are the mines and makibishis? I haven't tried those so I don't know the relative power. The bombs left me wanting, I pretty much only use karaku-damas to deal with enemies weak to fire. The rest are too slow to throw and travel too slowly to be of much use.

I had a lot of trouble on this mission too to start with. What you have to do is to remember the 3 Ps prioritize, positioning, planning ahead.
In the second wave the most dangerous opponent is the flying bolt because she can cover ground so quickly and because of slow.
The trick with the umbrellas is to position yourself carefully after you take out the last spider so that they don't spawn on top of you but also that they aren't so far away to lock on to. Two of the three umbrellas spawn together and they are the first spawns of the second wave.
Make sure to have water elements on hand to deal with all the fire enemies on the last stage.
You are taking advantage of onmyo shots and other omnyo attacks right? What is you build?

30+ hours
IN WHAT GOD DAMN WORLD IS ANYONE THAT BAD

That's the case with pretty much every yokai boss, though. All of them become piss easy once you learn to exploit their patterns. I just found Shige the hardest to get used to.

You're not going to get Divine weapons in the first 3 missions you retard.

His regular lightning attack takes a couple seconds, however when his ki bar breaks he is capable of doing it as an escape move with absolutely no warning. The only thing you can really do is run like hell until he recovers ki, which is going to be 99% of the fight because his ki bar breaks just about every time you hit him.

I beat it, in the last stage I powered through using Genbu and quickly dispatching Onmyodo as soon as he spawned with storm kunai spam. I then destroyed the wheel monk using LW, and the rest was cake. My build is mostly offensive ninjutsu with a side dash of buff/debuff onmyodo.

I'm more concerned on how bad you are that the first area takes 30+ hours

How do I get the codex crack out of Niponese?

Get some reading comprehension and then read the post again.

Haven't used the mines much so I do not know how they fare but the Makibishis are kind of OP. They inflict the Sloth status reliably and stay on the ground for a while so you can just lure enemies into them to inflict it again.

Could use a hidden mechanics list.

For example, on WotW/WotN enemies have a hidden cooldown on how often they can be knocked down.

I think I am going to combine makibishi with paralytic traps, then. Those things are ridiculous versus human opponents, the trouble is getting them to stay in the mist long enough for paralysis to apply. The caltrops might just solve this issue without having to spam sloth.

yeah, you said the first four areas is 30+ hours of gameplay and soul matching was useless, you may be retarded

Makibishi balls are amazing one everyone. Mines are less useful on youkai than on humans. They're good but not so much on this particular mission.
The onmyo spell ground quake mines are great against everyone.
Bombs are great but only if you are using a bomb ninja build with accessory with throwing speed up on bombs.

Good God. He slows you way down by I think by 30%. You should only use him if you are running a primary magic build. If you need a general water spirit use Mizuchi or Nurarihyon or possibly Isonade.
What equipment are you using? Demon King?

I love how you moved the goalpost from first three missions to first four areas
Just walk away mongo. Its okay to be retarded.

I think this cooldown exists on earlier difficulties, too. I spammed Mizuchi's talisman skill to knock down some human bosses, and they go down every second time, maybe.

I only tried genbu to see if it's as tanky as its stats promise. The dash speed reduction wasn't too hot, but ironically that was the try that succeeded. I also considered Fuse-ushi.

You know me making it higher only makes you dumber right?
I could say the first 2 world maps and you'd still be retarded for spending 30+ hours on it

I think I first beat that mission with Suzaku then I moved over to Itokuri on subsequent runs to help with the smithing text drops.

Oh, and my equipment is 4 pieces of tatenashi + 3 pieces of iga ninja, with the yasakani magatama to get those sweet 5-piece and 4-piece bonuses respectively. Iga Ninja really is what makes a kunai build sustainable on longer missions. So far I have not been able to find a better set bonus than 40%+ restoration of all ninjutsu every LW proc.

It's like a 15 second cooldown in Nioh. It's short enough that I can do back-to-back serpent strike comboes in everything before Wise.

Have you even beaten the game? You don't unlock Divine weapon matching until you beat the final boss and then do the extra mission.
Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Another meme items you can use is the kodama transformation/smoke bombs/Suppa scroll to lose aggro but I haven't used these extensively so they might not work like I think they do.

I think I used full Iga set on my attempts since I had unlimited ninjutsu and item drop rate on all pieces.
With your stats you shouldn't be afraid to go full ninja. Maybe put some more levels into magic.

Suppa Scroll is good, but only until you get detected - it wears off almost instantly once you do. Combined with catwalking, it's a good method for stealthing most of certain maps, but in some places, enemies simply block too much of a path to slip through undetected. Notable mentions include the bridge at mount Ibuki, the snow area in the first DLC (multiple chokepoints with enemies guaranteed to see you) and some others that I can't recall right now, but are no less aggravating. The only way to use a suppa scroll after being detected is, as far as I know, to smoke bomb.

Have you tried the kodama one?

If you kill alerted enemies you can reapply it too.

No, not yet. I assumed it's going to slow you down to a literal kodama speed. Not exactly what I am looking for, but hey, it might be good.

True enough, but it does break the pace.

I beat all difficulties and only now do did I bother to unlock marobashi. Why is there so much loot. 17 billion amrita per run.

I don't think you can walk while using it. Its just for losing aggro so that enemies reset their positions.

Soul matching still has a purpose even in NG, stop pretending to be an expert Mr. "Avoid Soul Matching"

You can keep moving the goalposts m8, unless you plan on deleting your old posts you aren't going to look any less retarded.

I have to at least partially agree with him. Looking at my first playthrough in retrospect, I realize that the impact of soul matching on anything below divine quality is rather marginal. Items are really disposable at exotic and below quality.

I spent most of NG with a double 20% drop rate armor and a lightning kusarigama, soul matching was definitely worth it.

Hit his hind legs. It's his stomach weak point that causes his ki to break.

What's so great about having lightning on a weapon? Do I need "status effect augmentation (electrified)" to make any use of it?

I'm pretty sure there was a fiend there in NG.

If it's like a exotic set bonus that you like it's worth soul matching.

Who said dual blades are shit? I think someone talked about them not being good against armor, but that's a pvp thing.

Lightning is amazing because it slows enemy attacks and dodging, which means you have more time to get in more attacks safely.

Swords are mediocre at applying status. Dual blades, kusarigama, and tonfa are the best for that. Basically the more hits you can do the better.

As far as I can tell, status effect buildup is directly dependent on the damage you inflict with that element. Enemies resistant to an element are naturally resistant to its buildup due to taking less direct damage. Thus, the dual swords aren't as good at applying it as one would think. I tried really hard to make those dual-element set swords (fire + lightning) to work, but I basically almost never managed to apply a debuff to anything with them, considering that element effects are basically halved. The shock augmentation definitely helps, though. It takes 1-3 hits off the buildup requirement, depending on the weapon and the enemy. A big deal. As for the debuff itself, as far as I can tell, it slows the enemy by 20-25%, basically, mini-Sloth which stacks with it.

I think those swords only get half the application of each element that a normal weapon would. It's still pretty good for proccing discord since you don't have to worry about losing one element while you apply the other, but it's much slower at applying the first.

>Elements (fire & lightning)
You can do that?

How do elements+talismans work? Applying a different element overrides the other, but does a water sword with a water talisman mean an increased effect?

That's the only weapon I found so far that has dual elements. As I said, not all that grand all things considered. Now, Sarutobi's Gunsticks is something that I found much cooler, even if it's not terribly useful. Tonfas with guns (short-ranged, almost blunderbuss-like).

Of the three, kusarigama is the only one that hits hard enough to be worth a damn in WotN. That's not to say the other two aren't viable, they're just not good in comparison to the other weapons. They're certainly fun to use.

It is a very very rare mod on ethereal tier dual swords or tonfas, and it appears naturally on one base type of dual swords.

The Living Weapon element buff overwrites the innate element of a weapon, very easy to test. This applies even if the weapon is the same element as the guardian spirit. I would assume that the same applies to elemental talismans and amulets. What I am wondering about, though, is whether the consumable talismans benefit from onmyo magic scaling like the learned ones do.

They do.

How do I stop DYING TO EVERYTHING IN ONE HIT FUUUUU

Oh, that's good. I guess after I max the core stats, I will focus on magic. Extended magnitude and duration on offensive and defensive talismans is something I will want in WotW and WotN, considering how much quicker they decay already in WotW.

Wear a thicker garter belt. Get better armor. Upgrade your vitality. Git gud.

when you unlock wotn stats can go over 99

It feels like damage reduction % applies before the defense stat, making small changes in the percentage have a HUGE effect on survivability. Going from 20% in light armor to 50% in heavy reduces damage by way more than 35%.

If you're just starting, try wearing a mix of heavy/medium armor so you're not over 70% weight, but above 200 toughness.
Then poise the shit out of everything smaller or equal size to you and block against everything larger than you/wielding an axe.
Remember if you're hit and caught in a combo you cannot dodge out of it but you can block THEN dodge.

Christ, and here I thought that 99 in all is the maximum. Are the benefits for stuff like stamina and heart even worth it past 99? And I assume the ninjutsu and onmyo capacity is still locked to 40 (which sucks, but is understandable).

sounds logical, but 50% in heavy? Are you adding up the reductions or is that some innate bonus I don't know about?

Stamina stops gaining weight limit after 99 but you still get damage from scaling and hp.
Everything else scales normally past 99.

Not sure about Heart, but Body only grants +8 HP per level after 99, and 3 of that comes from just the level

The final explosive blast is satisfying with the tonfa gun but I only seem to get decent damage with it when I pair it with the apocalypse mystic art and get a good combo going.

Magic and Ninjutsu give additional capacity past 99

With my current setup (using the Yasakani Magatama to reduce set requirements), I have 50.7% DR. I've had up to 57-58% if using just heavy armor, and utilizing all weapon slots to gain additional percentages.

Any ideas how to fix?

You're using Tatenashi aren't you?

Yep. 4 pieces. Fifth is Iga gloves for the set bonus.

Up to what? It would be nice for me to carry more ninja tools beyond the 40 capacity I have now.

Heavy armor by itself can't hit 50%, you're getting most of it from Tatenashi's 5 piece bonus.

I'm not implying I don't. I was just talking about the jump in DR that you can do if using heavy armor (didn't specify which).

I'll try these out. That rooftop demon keeps fucking me up.

41 base capacity at 200 dex/magic

The ground texture disappearred / turned invisible on every level after killing Hino-Enma, game used to run fine

Not gonna help if you are stuck in the first level. Just gotta git gud

That bitch sucked up the ground texture, huh. Rather trite suggestion, but tried validating game files/reinstalling if pirated?

That's not so bad, so 41 plus the capacity from the skill pages would allow would a few more tools.

Can you make a new game and see if it returns to normal? If not you might have to reinstall.

So far i've attempted to reinstall the fitgirl repack, and emptied the config file / save directory temporarily..
No difference so far.

I don't think that's suppose to happen.

I've seen people have this issue in other games but I've never heard of a solution.

Go with the nuke it from orbit option. Uninstall it, then delete the registry keys for the game.

System restore could accomplish the same thing

Fuck these red niggers.

Tried running through the tutorial again real quick to no avail. My GPU could be dying a slow death, but Call of Pripyat runs fine. I installed a more recent amd driver but still no change
Could very well be a hardware issue. Going to try the corepack release next.

Did you actually try clearing the registry/system restore?

I'm guessing the people with 40m points are cheating somehow, because there's no way that's right.

The logic here is that there must be something outside of the game's install directory and config file that is being changed by the game, such that when you replace the install directory the problem is still there. Unless it's a hardware failure, the only logical place this could occur would be the registry, though I suppose it doesn't necessarily have to be a nioh registry entry as it could be something happening to a system file. System restore is probably your best bet and if that doesn't work I don't think anything short of a full reformat will.

meant to link

Yeah, every other clan had a few hundred, it's definitely cheating. Shame, cause there's not really any reason to as far as I know, just fun to follow.

speaking of clan battles, I was waiting for this one to end to switch from Furuta to Kikkawa. The "elixers clear status ailments" should be really helpful since I've been getting fucked by wind and lightning a lot.

After a third reinstall of the game, followed by purging and reinstalling video drivers;
It just werks

Thank you for the advice you gave so far user, though i don't create restore points

why

So is wind the best element for the kusarigama? I've gone through a gama with each element and so far the wind one seems to be doing the best with lightning being second best.

Id say lightning. Once you get lightning status on a target you can safely full-combo them.

Anyway, the good debuffs are Wind, Water, and Lightning. Water is popular with farm oriented or dps specialized builds because lower defense=more damage and I think Kusarigama benefits from that more than most (due to low per-hit damage).

Lightning's slowing effect was good but some enemies just don't seem to care that they've been slowed down. Tengu. I'm liking wind's effect of lowering their damage and apparently making guards break easier, I thought guard breaking was earth's effect. I'm hoping there's some way I can have both lightning and wind.

Tengu are very resistant to wind and weaker to lightning, and it definitely helps A LOT. Personally I think Tengu and One Eyed Oni are best targets for lightning slows.. Of course no matter which element you use there will be enemies that are resistant/immune.

Jesus. that bald motherfucker just wont drop the fucking smithing text for the armor, I got the sword one after like 10 tries, but I have been killing him the last hour he wont drop the armor one

I like it. Also rate my odachi. 4th skill is close combat ki reduction.

AA strength on a level 150 divine is nice, those are supposed to cap at A+ with AAs being reserved for Ethereals, but otherwise it's kind of shit.

Pierce Guard is trash. Elements and special effects don't pierce and your weak attacks still bounce even though they do damage.

Close combat ki reduction is a low roll, and also not a great stat to begin with.

High attack damage 20% blocks you from having Close Combat Damage 20%

Weaken Armor Arms isn't even the best weaken armor (that would be body) and Weaken Armor in general isn't nearly as useful as Weaken Weapons

Almost no enemies will weaken your weapons to begin with, so that's a wasted stat slot 99% of the time.

Wind is OK. Your call on that as long as it's not fire or earth.

Here's my weapon for comparison

I found all of those useful already, but if I should keep rerolling then I will. Cheers.

Well, what gives then?

It's a fixed attribute. Those don't have to follow any reforge rules.

Wots and normal dlc is starting to kick my ass, fucking go to wots bridge fight and the fucker has a tengu with him now. The shit cant beat that

Beat the first boss the cenetepede man in the first dlc, those penis heads are awful.

Hanzo and Williams bromance is nicd. Though

What's the minimum floor you need to leave the abyss on to get your items to turn into ethereals after defiling them? I just tried 23 and some of the dropped defiled items turned but none of the ones I defiled myself, and there were a lot of them.

Maybe it has to do with the item level going in? They are about 260-280

I got some around 50-60 IIRC? It seemed a bit random so I may have just gotten unlucky

Slow them both and take the tengu out first.

Try to stack elements. Lightning and earth are really good on birbs.

You are at a bit of a disadvantage in that fight since you can't have a GS equipped. You might want to try Maroboshi and use Itokuri.
Also make sure that you have item drop rate on all your armor pieces for text farming but NOT equipment drop rate since they compete with each other.
Item drop rate and luck in your prestige points helps as well.

Well that's fucking unintuitive, thanks for heads up I'l try farming him again today

Should I do all the missions in WOTS or move onto WOTD after doing all the mission with schematics/hair locks? Also rate my tonfas

My current theory is that from level 21 to 30 of the Abyss you can only turn WotW-level gear into Etherials, so max level 250. You must leave at level 31 to turn WotN gear into Ethereal.

Of course that was all a huge waste of time, because you can't go past level 30 without completing WotN

Not Sarutobi's Gunsticks/10.

I'd use them but Shove fits my playstyle/inner weeb better

Shove is better for guard break, true. But you can also trigger the gunsticks on the triangle -> square square combo.

I don't think I get the end-game itemization of this. I see dozens of videos of people doing 20-40k damage per hit with level 250 gear while I'm struggling to make 5k at best with 280s. As far as I can tell I have all the basics, though I might be missing a particular optimized set here or there but I can't seem to make it work.

nigger theres a big difference between optimizing and minmaxing
you wanna minmax

What if Nioh
except the other way around

Familiarity Bonus
CTA (Skill)
CCD
Weaken Armor (Torso)
Fire
Fire Damage (Weapon)
Agility A
Bonus from Amrita Absorption (Increase Attack)
Bonus when Surrounded (Increase Attack)
Lower Defense (Elemental Status)
Zero Ki (Increase Attack)
Bonus on Status Ailment (Increase Attack)
Bonus after Purification (Increase Attack)
Equipment Weight Bonus A

Water Shot Talisman (Saturated / Discord)
Weakness Talisman
Carnage Talisman

This is a list I'm using for minmaxing a super tank build using Tatenashi/Oyamatsumi with Kato/Bisha. For the damage you want, you need most of the above plus the following:

Strong Attack Damage (Helmet)
Increase Damage (Critical) (Boots)
Living Weapon Attack (Accessories)
Leeching Talisman (replace Carnage)
Grace of Susanoo (5 piece)
Kigetsu (4 piece)
Tatenashi (3 piece)

Then just go into LW and strong attack everything to death.

Does anyone perhaps have the values for all the character models for cheatengine? I can only find an incomplete list of ~10 models using google.

There's Samurai Western. It's pretty mediocre, though.

yea I know, just thinking it make a nice reverse of nioh but same sorta setting if you get what I mean

then again the charm of nioh is how "accurate" it is with stuff

Is there a way to cheese triple kelley in way of the strong?

Living weapon + carnage talisman outside the larger room, go ham on them while they are getting up.

FUK U SPANISH SLUT

Builds are not restrictive in this game. You get all the starter spirits in a later sub-mission, there are plenty of respect books, and it's encouraged to switch weapons anyway since your stats matter less than the weapon's stats until the first level cap from my experience.

I love using Timely Guard Reflect Projectiles to fuck up cannon oni.

NG as in new game? I'm on the first playthrough and there's a tongue monk there.

Odachi has a really good moveset with how simple it is.
Tonfas are an acquired taste. They are absolutely trash in terms of damage and their parrying isn't exceptionally great either. They can be useful trying to deplete Ki and Applying status effects.

Apparently, the reflected projectiles can still damage coop partners. I just tried this trick and instakilled the host when he walked in between us

found it

Odachi is fun once you unlock the moves that allow you to go into different stances with combos, also it requires a lot of stamina management and proper use of ki pulse, so get practicing, dunno about tonfas but they look fun to use
I'll be yout steam friend you slut

that's fuckin hilarious

The odachi stance change moves kind of suck. Only a couple of them allow you to actually combo out of the move. Only if you stance change to mid or low stance using X, otherwise the stance change acts as a combo finisher which makes it kind of pointless since you could have done a ki pulse stance change instead.

You can actually use them has a combo starter, since you dont need to do a full combo to activate them, you can for example, 1 hit from low stance and go into mid or high and do a full combo, ki pulse into low again, this is really useful to keep your mobility up.

Is there any reason to use anything but the rope weapon in high stance?

You can only YXX, you cannot XYY or XYX. YXY might be possible. Even that much is only allowed if you end in Mid or Low stance, ending in High stance breaks your combo regardless of which input you use.

You mean the kusarigama? Slow. It has probably the longest window before it starts attacking of any weapon and generally the longest recovery times. If you need to get in, hit once, and get out again kusarigama is the worst weapon.

Low stance though is pretty good for stunlocking too though, provided it can stun the enemy at all.

I found the window to be pretty low compared to other high stances, and the strong attack is insanely high range. The ai can't handle it at all. And usually I wind it up before the enemies run into me so it's like the scene from the simpsons where they flail their arms and legs while walking at eachother.

Yeah, that's true. It's still a nice idea, much like how an user had the idea of a Bloodborne sequel set in the old west, with folk legend spooks instead of lovecraftian victorian styled ones. It'd also work since they were around the same time.

I used tonfa for a while, they're extremely good at dodging and keeping up long combo strings. Ideally you never get hit and keep battering them until their KI runs out or they die. It's probably not as damaging as other weapons, though.

And that's (technically) it for WotN. Just finished Queen's Eyes, meaning I have now unlocked Abyss floors 31-999 and can actually ethereal my gear. Of course to this point I've only done the absolute easiest missions to get there, I don't think I did a single story mission past the first region.

Just a reminder to anyone who might be having trouble with the game crashing at Hundred Eyes in the mission The Queen's Eyes, the only reliable way I've found to solve this is to import my save into a pirated copy and play the mission there.

To import your save to or from any version of the game, simply replace the first 3 lines (highlighted here) in the version you want to import with the hex code from a save in the version you are importing to (start a game, save and quit, then use that save's header)

If someone slips past your reach and your back is to a wall, gama high stance is too slow to use safely.

Beyond that, no, not really.