What Happened to Dota 2?

As a game that was supposed to be the main competition of League of Legends it seems to have already stagnated in population and is now on a steady decline, with only a bump occurring during major events.
Why?
The game appeared to have staying power and massive support and still draws in millions each year from its compendium despite hitting its peak in 2015. Is it the arrival of fresh competition in Overwatch or did people not like the way Dota 2 played?
Personally I think its just because everything in the game feels fucking slow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6hXCcEqprB0
reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7b1mo1/707_and_the_frostivus_custom_game_contest/
blog.dota2.com/2017/11/seasonal-ranked-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dubs happened tbh

Competition happened. Whenever americans can't hold the market at gunpoint thanks to monopoly or copyright, they eventually lose to someone who's less shit at their job.

nu-valve is incapable of doing anything remotely competent. They are not a game dev anymore but a company that will milk any game to its death. Case in point TF2, and now Dota.

7.00 happened
icefrog is pig
sage

750,000 people isn't good enough for you?

pretty much this.
Props to NA for even managing to create their Safe space in league of legend competitive scene.

i mean seriously in what kind of competitive scene do you manage to stay relevant THANKS to money, and not actual performance ?

" joining the LCS has become a lot harder and more complicated than it used to be. NA introduced a system called franchising. Teams are currently applying for the League and will stay in the LCS because they are the licenced teams. That means, there won't be any relegation anymore and the same teams will always compete with each other."

beta murician are more interested into rivalry, meme, and hype than actual performance in a competitive game… but that won't stop them from crying and be mad because EU/asia stay better and that for ALL e-sport game.

It's all about milking money out of a famous player, (make him stream and merch) rather than making him the best.
the kike logic: of buying and selling, dont try to perfect it, it would take too much ressources

I didn't expect it to stagnate at 1 million 3 years after release.

This, 7.00 and Reborn happened, ruined the fucking game. Also Icefraud keeps pandering to his beloved Chinese playerbase.
RIP Skeleton King

Valve has been steadily driving Dota into the fucking ground for years now. It was little things here and there, small casualizations and reddit-tier additions to the game. Then they just gave up all pretenses and put out 7.00 aka the patch which turned the game into League and it's been in freefall since.

This. The digits will confirm it.

>(((steam market)))
What happened? It's no longer fun. There's still a fuckload of players but it doesn't matter, a game as supposedly big as dota should have way more than it currently has. Fucking league of legends probably has more players.

7.00 was the first full 'Valve patch' as they began to shift control of changes and balancing over from Mr. Ismail IceFrog.
Unfortunately they have no fucking clue what they're doing and have been pulling in features from competing MOBAs such as talents from HotS and LoL's matchmaking ranking system.
The playerbase has been in a nosedive ever since, with the exception of some Russians, South Americans, and a few other thirdies everyone is just losing interest.

The only good thing about ASSFAGGOTS 2 is the sexy and lusty wyverness voiced by alyx vance

Its an assfaggots game
Also LoL was declining too wasnt it?

I
NEED
TO
BREED
AUROTH

Valve is taking control?
Maybe we'll see a spike and then a big dip after the latest heroes.

7.00 and other dumb shit are fucking it up. They basically decided that to make DotA 2 more popular they should make it more like LoL. Now you have DotA 2 players losing interest and for some inexplicable reason LoL players prefer to play LoL instead of DotA 2.

MMR has been a colossal crapshoot and many of their fixes were terrible. Seasonal MMR required paying money and then they required players to put phone numbers in to play ranked, which is a great way to discourage players from playing ranked.

Steam market also got completely fucked, with DotA 2 drops no longer being marketable, so anyone who was market grinding the game gave up on that.

And loads of balance and meta changes have been slowly making the game more cancer. DotA 2 has been aiming more for a fucking rice meta and nerfing any heroes that can quickly snowball their way into carry position. Heroes are now rebalanced to depend on items to become effective, giving gankers and other heroes a shittier time. As a result, you no longer have the feeling of "Oh I'll pick this hero and dominate the game." Instead you have the feeling of "wow I hope I can farm fast enough to be useful."

Basically people lost enthusiasm for the game. DotA usually sucked you into playing with the promise that you could do something awesome with that one hero and dominate a game with style. Now DotA tries to cajole you with the promise that maybe the game will go well and you'll win.

youtube.com/watch?v=6hXCcEqprB0

just…

WHY

The TORpedo is right about a lot of this, it especially doesn't help that Talents can get really fucking absurd towards lv25
as someone who firmly believes that ranked is for gays who care about "muh e-peen," good fucking riddance not just to ranked but to all the people that make smurfs and account sellers.
the only way to dominate a game is if your entire team is gank or team fight oriented with heavy disables and heroes that don't need much to be effective.
and then you have heroes that do nothing but stall the game making it last for far longer than it needs to be.

This format of assfaggots is getting stale

Dota 2 is a game on life support,
A good online game lasts 5+few years with constant maintenance and new content,
then it becomes stale and people leave
Valve has been very smart about balance and content, they have played all the cards (literally card game coming next)
There isnt much they can do now, it will die slow death

oh yeah that reminds me

I'm pretty sure the bandwagoning faggots moved over to PUBG.

Over 50% of PUBG's playerbase is Chinese. Considering the absolutely ridiculous numbers it's pulling in and when when the graph started to dip, I'm gonna say that's part of the reason DOTA 2 isn't doing so well.

I don't even find the main game fun anymore, just frustrating trying to speak in English, Malay, and Chinese whilst trying to decipher Thai/Viet to coordinate a team. I've been playing 10v10 instead, more chaotic and laid back, and coordination is nonexistent in custom games, nor do I get any form of pressure to win.

chinks play dota2 through perfect world, which isn't reflected in the steam stats. pubeg undoubtedly took some numbers from dota, but primarily people are just bored with it.

Can someone please explain the appeal of PUBG over Dota? I don't think Dota is the best online experience out there, but it's leagues above the repetitive, glitchy DayZ-style gameplay that PUBG has to offer. Why would people shift wholesale like that?

although they are quite different games, from a competitive standpoint they do share some key similarities such as starting from zero on an even footing along with everyone else and working up from there every game, with no real factors carrying over from every game expect your own experience and skill. it's also nice in comparison to dota by being able to actually solo and not rely on (((valve's))) shitty forced 50 matchmaking.

Probably because China didn't have access to a lot of western games until recently, so PUBG is the first big one to hit.

i think it's because the "battle royale" thing is popular in chinaland, but even then, battle royale has traps, outsmarting and drama, while PUBG only has a fraction of outsmarting because its a mod from another game

you have no idea just how true this is
hell this year they didn't even make it out of groups despite being given the easiest group to get out of

I thought Cloud 9 was considered the best, while TSM has always played second fiddle to whoever is the best

The matchmarking and people are the worst parts of Dota2, so I can at least understand that appeal of it.

How does Dota have forced 50? It's just MMR. I currently sit at 70% winrate in ranked and 60% in unranked.

its not enexplicable

fuck if i know, i just remeber tsm fans being obnoxious shits claiming thier team was gods gift to league, only to get shut down over and over again. I dont even care about assfaggot competitions.

Compared to what?

Compared to balancing for the muh digitial sportz scene the 0.1%.

It's too hard to get into. That's all. It has and will have a die hard fanbase but that shit basically plateau'd. There are a shitton mechanics and other things that make it much harder than league and other shitty games. And it's not anime-styled.

PUBG items are worth more money than Dota 2 items.

That's the only reason China (as a whole) plays a game.

Because people have to learn how to play dota first. PUBG is just jump in and play.

Valve, PC gamers' god, is still making millions from the virtual economy. Its being kept alive by whales.

Lol dead game XD

The only new "content" the games gets is shitty compedium stuff. Recently they released 2 heroes after a year who nobody picks 2 day after. Everything goes into so many gay ass skins.

Matchmaking died.
20+ minute queues for a game 5k MMR. I end up playing something else in my free time and I bet most people are too.

That was sarcasm, dude. Obviously if you want games that are most like LoL, you'd want to play LoL itself and not something else. I'm just making fun of DotA 2's retarded idea of poaching LoL users by turning their game into something neither DotA nor LoL players want.

No one wants to join a game on its way down.

Looks like it got the team fortress threatment.

Nothing. Its a same shit.

just fotm

Dota is dying because it's very poorly maintained and introduces very little content.
Even if you have a multiplayer game, you still need to regularly push out new content to keep the appeal going. Even if the new heroes you add to the game are shit, if they have a gimmick that's completely different, it'll breathe new life into the game.

Dota barely gains new content. Instead, it has "balance" patches that change the fundamentals of the game, often introducing new items and reworking heroes or abilities.
These patches do keep the esports scene alive, as fundamentally changing the game every patch forces the community to continuously change the way they look at the game. But this brings in a different issue; what about the random folks that just want a casual game of Dota?
What we end up seeing is that the game changes so much that many people stop recognizing it as the game they love, so they stop playing it. This results in a bleed-out of players.
The bleed-out of players isn't that much of an issue, until you take into account that Dota also has very little fresh blood coming in. Dota has no advertising. The tutorials are broken and somehow break harder every patch. Bots have always been broken until Valve decided to outsource bot development to the community. The only thing Valve did to make the game easier for new players in the last 4 years is add turbo mode, which really just makes games faster and shorter.

On top of this, Dota has always been a buggy as fuck game with too many issues to count. Valve is too god damn lazy to maintain any of this shit. The best example I can give here is the custom game contest they made for Frostivus. Two weeks before the deadline, 7.07 hit, fundamentally changing a lot of mechanics (thus messing up a lot of maps) but also changing a lot of the technical details. (thus flat-out breaking a lot of maps)
No warning at all to the people who make custom games. It's Valve, they don't communicate with their users, unless the community spams "༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DIRETIDE" fucking everywhere for weeks.

It's main attraction to a huge number of people was that it was a faithful reproduction of the original game with better graphics and a better engine, and which oozed polish from every surface.

That has all changed now, since Valve considered the objective of replicating the original game complete and moved on to finding ways to milk it for more and more money. If you haven't played it in 2-3+ years, install it again and try out a bot match, and you will instantly notice how it has been changed almost beyond recognition.

The new map is dumbed-down and terrible.
The new heroes are uninspired and resemble LoL heroes (with this new batch of two Valve also seem to be moving toward the Riot approach of 'OP for the 2 months after release so everyone plays it and buys the cosmetics, then nerf it so its actually somewhat balanced'
The new runes and shrine system are the polar opposite of what the community wanted and pander to the lowest common denominator - those who don't want to have to think about their gold income, sources of regen, or jungle intelligently.
After the apline Ursa fiasco, Valve apologised and said all future cosmetics would be thematically appropriate. That is now more or less completely gone, via a steady process of salami-slicing with slightly more ludicrous and more expensive cosmetics every time.
Most mechanical changes have made games much shorter, which replaces long-term planning and thoughtfulness with mindless aggression as the number 1 way to win games. Time was that most heroes would only really max out in terms of items and exp 40-50 mins into a game - now it's common to see maxed out carries at 30 or even 25 mins. The laning stage is now more or less a vestigial remnant of the old metagame: it lasts about 5 minutes and has virtually no significance since gold is so easy to come by anyway.
And, to put the nail in the coffin, Vale just announced that persistent MMR is being abolished in favour of LoL-style matchmaking 'seasons,' so anyone who actually put effort into gitting gud and used their MMR as the evidence of their success has seen all that trampled upon.

It's just not the game it used to be. Valve is convinced that it needs to keep making changes for the sake of change, rather than thinking about what might actually make the game better.

>>>/suicide/

Because population of China and the fact you can sell items for large amounts of money.

How can you shit at seasonal MMR of all things? It gets rid of all the fucking faggots who take long ass breaks then comes back thinking they are hot shit but they are actually nothing.

First off it shits on people play consistently, second off people who leave don't automatically become worse, they just get rusty and with a few games you can get back on track.

How does it shit on people who play consistently? They just keep playing during re-calibration and end up on the same MMR. The "rusty" leavers come back playing like fucking retards ruining games for everyone, they can fuck off I know you're one of them you fucking asshole

Thats not true though, you always get moved.
You say that like there are a lot of them.
Nope, been playing consistently for years now.

Everything in the game has always been slow, it retains some archaic details from Warcraft III like turn speed that League and others don't. Having played league for all of two games it's shit in comparison because yes it is technically faster just for your character turning and moving accross the screen but the game never really changes from start to finish except for a very short laning phase, where Dota 2 has much more heavily distinct phase.
Contratry to fags who think that stat points are somehow more complex then the new tree system it's mostly because Icefrog didn't release any patches for a long time
I'm not talking about you faggots normals who will never be good don't care about how balanced the game is they want to try out every little new thing when a new patch comes out had feel that little buzz of rediscovering Dota that only lasts until 3 months or so. Before, the patches were kept constant for this but the huge gap between patches nowadays has ruined normalfag attention spans in regards to Dota 2.

If you're looking for a game to just waste time playing with other people with some limited amount of skill pubg offers better turn around as you can quickly go through matches everytime you die. A dota match is a hard commitment to a roughly 50 minute game that you will be actively punished for leaving if you do badly, meanwhile doing badly in pubg means you just get to restart earlier. In other word, pubg does not punish you for doing badly and thus you remember more positive moments playing it.

I haven't seen them picked once after the first 2 days.

The seasonal system does include your old MMR to a degree when calculating it for a new season. What I'm confused about your comments though is that the old MMR system was already removed by the time of this patch. It was replaced with a system that rewarded being a "healthy player" over a "good player". So if you actually played well but was considered "toxic" your MMR was punished. But this lead to the fun situation that toxic players that are good are playing with nice players who are bad and this caused all sort of trouble.

Good. Persistent ranks and MMR will just make smurfs and people who boosted their accounts more common. It's a shitty system and for a person that might be better than his rank is now fucked under that system because he would have to consistently win games for hundreds of hours to get anywhere near the average range, low MMR is filled with smurf teams and the only way for a better player to advance is to play in a way they may or may not like, which is only going for carries since you can't depend on your team. Recalibration could only be done previously if you bought a TI pass, so you have to pay them money to enjoy the game better.

I didn't know about the new system but still, re-rolling your MMR on some 10 games is fucking retarded. Its still just a useless system and a stupid bother over some few insignificant amount of players.

We're in the age of online competitive clones. I don't see many games lasting longer than a couple years for a while when they're cranked out one after the other.
Games eventually get boring and you can only play so many games at once on top of normalfags having low attention span.

Also

I'm guessing you missed the part where the game went from 30+ minute matches , usually much longer because pub players are extremely fucking retarded and have no concept of when to end the game, to under 30 minute matches because the game was fundamentally changed within the last couple of years.

idk I've played like 120 hrs back in 2011 and 120 hrs this year. The game seems almost the same to me tbh. But I guess I just don't have enough experience to see the changes

I wouldn't say it oozed polish.

Seriously? The map and pace of the game are completely different.

They had such a boner for E-Sports that they forgot that it's the "casual" community that keeps the game alive. Let me explain.
Look at most esports games today. Most of them are games that also have a great variety of less serious gamemodes. (Think surf, kz, phys maps, deathrun etc for cs, and wc3 custom maps for dota) this meant that if you didn't want to tryhard all the time, or ever, you still had loads of fun things to play. The esports part of the games was always relatively small compared to the entire playerbase. Modern games push esports as the only way to play, with no support for funny gamemodes. This is due to the devs'/publishers' will to control all the money in the scene. Every community created custom gamemode is a potential DLC to them. This means that if you get bored of tryharding constantly, you'll have nothing to do.

Compendium peak was this year's TI nigger. It's making more money than ever before.

What an ignorant thing to say, you don't even play this game. DOTA2 has great support for custom games.

t. not a dota player

Some things never change, either in cuckchan or here.

Sure thing bub that explains everything

I have a bit over 3k hours. I mostly play casually with friends after 7.00. custom map makers complain how every patch breaks custom maps with retarded things like not deprecating things, but straight up removing them. Most dota2 custom games aren't fun at all. With how the arcade system works, most of them are made to be popular, instead of creators trying to make something they want.

There's no point in playing custom games because people just leave if it's not going well. There will never be a successful custom game community if that doesn't change in some way.

Only half their fault. Breaking custom games every patch makes people not want to make custom games.
Also cosmetic jewery keeps the game on life support. I have friends who only really play to buy compendiums. The biggest cancer causing all of this is matchmaking. It has killed community based play in almost every game it exists in.
In dota2, valve is to blame for half for this shit and the retarded playerbase for the other half. The degeneration of video games in general can be attributed to modern players becoming shit tier turbocasuals, who are so inept they cannot use their brain to learn or envision new things if their life depended on it.

user you are the problem not the custom games and you keep spouting retarded bullshit.

ah yes, I remember back in Warcraft II battle.net days that punishments for abandoning helped keep the creativity going

Valve's gay ass system enables modders to whore old popular mods(which they can't really replicate or are too lazy to do so) instead of creating good mods anew.

*Warcraft III

wanted to see if battlerite's jade voice actress was the same as drow ranger and came across this

I hope Dota 2 and all the other esports crap die soon. It's time people learn especially PCfags to play some platformers and stealth games as penance.

Good thing nobody fucking vies a shit about that character and the voice is a pathetic attempt at an accent.

Oh shit.

Skeleton King got changed because of Blizzard. How do you retards keep coming up with that "no skeletons" idea when Pugna and Clinkz are the same skeletons they always have been and SKK just got a new spell that summons skeletons as well.

The numbers were already going down before 7.00 though.

Dota has been around for much longer than 3 years.

The WC3 days weren't filled with instant gratification faggots.

Look the first legitimate complaint, it is hard to make your custom game visible, not to make it good. However, you're still retarded as, even if difficult, it's still possible to get on the top 10 board if your game is fun. As, people wouldn't be playing your game if it wasn't fun. Congrats on actually making a point.

It all makes so much sense

Low violence mode changes all skeleton models and icons to non-skeletons. This mode is forced on in china I think.

Because blizzard shills and an NDA thans to (((Legal system))) where valve isn't allowed to say the real reason.

Then you're problem isn't how Valve made the scene it's how people are playing it you retard. It still proves that having consequences for abandoning a custom game is not required to be successful.

Pangolier is the 19th most popular hero and Dark willow the 33rd out of 115 right now.

The original game has always been changing, just like it's changing now.

Every single new hero for the last 10 years was (a bit) too strong at release except Windranger and the recent Pangolier. Are you just making things up?

You should meet up with the guy who complained about "valve forcing a rice meta" further up.

Do you think you're going to fall down from 9k to 300 MMR every 6 months? Do you have brain damage?

No it's not. If somebody buys a highlvl account because "his teammates are holding him back" he gets held back by the system - which is good. If somebody takes a long break and isn't at the same level that he used to be he gets held back - which is good. If somebody gets a low rank and then decides he is going to practice some more in unranked he will be bumped up once he goes back - which is good.
You have no idea what you're talking about - which is bad.

That's what I fucking said, leavers are the problem you retard. But people are not going to change, so either Valve does something or custom games remain shit.

More than half of the custom games are unstable and unplayable. The only good custom was Pudge Wars, and even Pudge Wars got fucked up.

What are you smoking? More than half of the custom games are unplayable.

Jesus fucking Christ no wonder that hero screamed Tumblr. Why do people keep hiring this bitch? She isn't good at her job, and she's only eye candy for beta nu-male cuck developers and lonely old suits. When will companies understand people hate having this leftist-sjw bitch in their games? She doesn't even like anything that's tied to her career out of a check.

Simple. The same reason why TF2 died. The game itself took backseat to milking cows that invest way too much time and money into the game. The e-sports garbage is secondary nationalist jerk off sports to see which dregs of each nation is the best at this game that has been raped to death with micro transactions.

Fuck, did their retarded strike end? I enjoyed those people not getting any work, wish they would have kept at it.

33rd out of 115 heroes. The other new hero is 19th. Don't repeat your nonsense like that.

TF2 has been very stable around an average of 50k players for a long long time now.

Outside of China teams are usually pretty international - not sure if that makes things better though.

skip to :47

Those are just retards that can't let go and BR trash that play free games.

leTwitterThinkingManFaec.jpg

SJW kike and nigger cuck spam influence. They ruined all AAA games and kicked many players out of gaming altogether.

nice meme lad reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7b1mo1/707_and_the_frostivus_custom_game_contest/
custom games break every patch, valve does not support custom games for shit. The only support they give is allowing you to monetize it, just so that they can take out a revenue share.

That's not what you said retard

Warcraft III objectively shows this is false, it doesn't punish you for leaving and there are still DOTA Allstars matches going on to this day. It also shows you didn't play on any custom games back then as abandoning happened all the fucking time especially in DOTA matches. At this point I'm starting to think you are either a Baumifag or possibly Baumi himself from how retarded you're being.

I think the main reason why you're not going to see as many good custom maps these days is because engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.) have become much more accessible for the average guy, so you don't have to limit yourself by using some map-making tools.

It still tickles my funny bone knowing that the lead devs at Riot just stole a bunch of ideas for heroes in a Dota All Star fourm and they still got away with it.

That's typically how it works. 7.00 fucked up a lot of things including player game modes and maps and people dislike that the community is populated with people front second and third world countries.

There's also the factor that normalfags won't like your game if it isn't at least as pretty as the average models in the engine you're using. This leads to making custom models and shit exponentially more difficult then back in the day.

That reminds me, does Newearth or whatever still exist? I don't hear anything about that steaming pile anymore.

It does but it's like a MUD. Only the fans know about it and even less play it.

source?

The Blizzard thing was just a convenient excuse to totally change Skeleton King. In China, all the skeleton models are covered up, but Skeleton Kings name remained, and SK sets were problematic for the censored model. China was the main reason for SK's change, not Blizzard.

If that's the case, why did they make the suit of armor model for Skeleton King and force that in the Chinese client if they were just going to change it later?

What are easily made placeholders?

If they are unplayable it's because they are not maintained. It's not a dead game like Warcraft 3, custom games need to be kept up to date.

I'll never understand why Valve gets a pass for micro transactions and virtual economy bullshit while everyone crucifies EA.

CSGO started the $500 knife stuff.

Demoralization.

NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY DOTA
Valve has ignored huge issues with the game so fucking long, like playing with people who speak fucking English, forced 50/50 winrate, etc that nobody wants to play it because if the game goes bad they can tell it's just a 50 minute waste of time. Everyone who plays it just does so out of habit. The only people who look like they still play for fun are the bottom of the trench gutter trash who don't even know how the games played and don't know when the games over.

Maybe in 2012 the game had some life to it and people where making memes and videos, but it's all gone and all that is left is a soulless husk of an e-sports cancer. Even the fucking pros don't want to play this pile of shit game anymore. And you can tell. Everyone loses their patience way too fast, they will afk and go "END" almost immediately. Even in the top tier people will deny their items and feed if the game goes slightly wrong.

Anything that is new and interesting and really powerful usually gets nerfed to hell and back almost immediately because the pro's, who are only good because of their habits, complain because they can't adjust. Even things that got ported from dota 1 got nerfed into the fucking ground like earth spirit, arc warden, pheonix, techies, etc.

It's just a fucking shit game.

Because the game went to shit ages ago, but really started going to shit fast at 6.86. That's when they started literally copying shit from league of legends, like iron talon is a summoner spell from league and the arcana rune and adding retarded items. 7.00 was just so obviously cancer that it's

Because valve's micro-transactions are cosmetics that change nothing vs unlocking parts of the game. It's still fucking cancer because all their effort goes into how hard they can jew rather than fixing problems with the game.

I remain convinced that 6.78 was the apex of Dota's history

You have no idea what you're talking about. And even if you had a point, 7.07 introduced turbo which has an average length of 25 minutes. basically ez mode 2.0
What the fuck
Nice

TI 2016 was AMAZING. It was the best patch.

To be quite honest, I didn't watch it and I wasn't playing Dota at the time either. My interest in TI completely vanished after the embarrassing comedy of errors that was TI4, and watching some of the TI7 highlight videos only seems to vindicate my position.

At 6k people destroy their items if the game goes south, you can see it on streams all the time. In my games people will feed, abandon or go afk if you do something like pick Chen and dump on all the lanes or pick Natures and rat. What the fuck does turbo have to do with top players denying their items if the games over and people abandoning like it's going out of style?

What a faggot

It was great, the only heroes that weren't picked were banned anyways. Great patch for lineup variety, top balance.

I remember when people joked about 20-minute rax after the patch notes for 6.79 were published. Now it's become commonplace and it's one of the things which has destroyed my desire to play the game.

I'll just post some nostalgia.

What a newfag.

More like rats.

Reddit did this.

I will never understand this. They had to constantly edit the fucking main map while making the older versions unavailable when all they had to do was make a map rotation.

This is the most accurate statement anyone could say about dota, or any of these big shitfest steam games.

did i walk into cuckchan?

Oh yeah I'm completely fed up with gamers. Its not the casuals that ruin this industry.

Seeing good people turned into Jews when trading cards were introduced.

Because heroes become absurdly op if the map changes. There already is shit like 1v1 mid and first to 20 kills death match free for all. But like only a 1/10th or 1-2 heroes in the game are relevant in these.
People only pick shadow fiend for 1v1 mid because he's strong as fuck but his weakness is getting ganked which will never happen in a 1v1 mid.
People pick shit like luna, riki, oracle, etc that can snipe kills in the 20 kill free for all so they can cheese to the top.

The dota heroes are just way too extreme for anything else.

It's too hard for braindead casuals who play league. Their complaint is always about not being able to handle the fact that the direction your facing actually matters and that turning around is actually a thing that happens. Losing gold on death is also too much for them to handle.

Come on, now.

oops, clicked on the wrong image there

This pleases me.

Because Dota 2 has the best (for the customer) f2p model out there? Where, just like that knife of yours, everything is purely cosmetic and a new account with nothing spent has access to the same things that some 10k hours, $50k retard has?

Just compare that to the $60 Star Wars game EA is going to release soon for example.

well zeus is from the heavens in Dota 2
Thats pretty neat.

It's not an RTS/fightin game/melee/CS:GO

One of the few things I don't miss about the older days.

bump, keep posting

Your opinion is invalid. The map layout is a foundation, having multiple maps is adding another factor to the impossibly complicated balance formula.

LOL thread?!

But that would be a GOOD thing. Instead we got RIOT tier forced meta with some extra memes to post on reddit.

it would make more sense if you bitched about amiibos or why Lisa was lauded here but not Undertail.

Who's making these shitty posts and why are they being deleted?

Who's the retard deleting the posts

COULD THE MODS STOP BEING SO CONCERNED ABOUT SERVER STORAGE SPACE?

YOU WILL NEVER SHITPOST THIS HARD IN A TOURNAMENT INTENTIONAL
This time it's the right picture.

Fuck me. I'm going to play video games.

Dude, Dota was always like that. In the days of Dota 1, you had God of Wind, Gambler, Spirit Breaker, Invoker, Earth Spirit, and many others that were released completely unbalanced and were patched later (GoW and Gambler where taken out of the game to never come back, so ridiculous they were).

In fact, I only remember two instances of the initial iteraction of the hero being too weak that they had to substantially buff it in the next patch: Nerubian Weaver (and the fact that a WC3 update broke the cooldown on her ultimate) and Windrunner.

Hillarious, you people are like ants. Numbers don't lie though, Dota player count has gone down significantly, at some point you'll have to accept that valve has fucked up in a way that has driven away those who were content for the longest time to replay one map, and the same group of heroes over and over. AnecDOTAlly of my friends list 200 strong, 90% of which I met on Dota, only two I regularly see playing. Furthermore If you redditors don't think Dota has flaws you're fucking stupid, US east has been a waste land of beaners for four years now with no reaction from valve for just one example.

Well, apparently you can get banned for posting DOTA content in a DOTA thread.

Well not gonna bother linking the rest. I hope the ban wasn't too long.

I know this feel.

People shitting on the game with actual arguments are the players themselves though.

based mods deleting cancer

I don't get it. 3v3 is a different gametype than 5v5. It wasn't just a new map it was a different game.

I just wish that the paches changed to only make the game more interesting and have more to do with the same game type instead of just gutting the game to so they can get more money from esports.

Feels bad though.

the new heroes are voiced by Phil LaMarr and Ashly Burch

Original twisted treeline was better.

He did shit in the new Samurai Jack as well.

I don't need a $500 gun or a $250 courier to say I'm bad at Dota, or can play support Sniper. You needed to fork shit loads of cash to get a perk that would give you a major boost against other players in $60 games like Battlefront 2 and CoD: WW2. Both are cancer, but one can be avoided. Dota's cancer used to be cool because you could trade stuff with friends and other players; then Gaben killed that because he wanted more money.

Nope, come back when you have played thousands of hours.

I played for about 2000 hours. What more do you want from me? Things get old.

i wish there was some way to show some of the messages from this thread to the devs
fuck reddit

You could do something about it.

i dont even play the game anymore

Half of DotA 2's mods are Warcraft 3 mods remade in source.

Everyone in this thread is saying retarded shit and it's glaringly obvious that they don't play dota.
Plebbit comes down hard on valve too most of the time.

DotA2 nailed the community management, in that it was the only game you were allowed to be a person and not get banned for being anything other than an SJW beta-male. In order words, they did nothing.

It also nailed the character abilities, everyone has super interesting and powerful mechanics rather than 15 flavors of skillshot nuke.

The problem came in execution. There's no mechanical skill involved in actually implementing those abilities, because the entire game revolves around who gets more farm and who can surprise and instagib who. Everything instagibs, by the way, there's no middle ground. At that point, all the ability diversity flies out the window because they all amount to the same thing. It's not a "fighting" game, it's a "tactics" game. And that's why fewer people like it. Games with gameplay are simply a more popular genre.

This is to say nothing of the notorious learning curve and the lack of information on things like hitboxes and health bars that deranged DotA2 veterans call "skill".

Stop playing glass cannons you tard. Better yet play centaur.
Yeah nah

There are a gorgonzzillion ways to stop the instagibs and for someone to instagiv you he has to know what he is doing. And thats mostly mid game. Early nobody has the power to kill fast and later characters become more tanky and damage nuke start to fall off because no damage scaling. Learn to play the game before talking shit about it.

I'll keep saying forever that early 2012 Dota 2 was fun as shit, especially in casual. Loads of event, everybody was just playing casual to have fun the game rewarded you for doing well. I legitimately cannot remember another time that I had so much fun being a fucking autist with friends

Luckily with Dota 2 you can tell when it started to crash and burn, and it was exactly when they stopped doing Diretide and Frostivus, that was the start of the end.
After that the game started being updated exclusively for the tourneyfags, meaning that if you weren't in the top 5% of players you just ended up having a shit time.

At around 2014 the no-fun enforced by Valve on the game started affecting the players, that's when everybody playing in casual went from just having good fun to trying their hardest, leaving matches as soon as something went bad, reporting you if you didn't follow tournament strategies and shit like that.

By the time Source 2 got there the game was a shell of its former self, any ounce of fun was gone, you got punished for doing well, the picks for casual were always the same and everybody was constantly mad at everyone else.

Dunno, maybe once it dies down it will pull a TF2 and a team of passionate leftover devs will put the game back together like it used to be in its infancy, one can only hope

Reminder you will get blacklisted if you pick Techies, are good with Techies, or know how to use a new hero before scummy faggots like Arteezy, Eternal Envy, and Dendi get to master the new heroes (Can't make Arteezy look bad!).

But I'm wasting my breath. It's so painfully obvious to everyone you're a 2k shitter. I even knew you where the dipshit defending the nu-dota earlier before checking the ID's.

No one cares about your mmr, faggot. Arteezy is at 10k, and he's still an annoying little cunt.

Yeah, or when at minute 3 a crystal maiden comes along with tripple divine plus dual yasha and slaps your fountain on the ass.

The projection is real.

My fucking sides, 2k shitter dota sounds terrible.

kek
someone post the gif were SF deletes himself on a teleporting Nyx

oh wait never mind found it

Replacement.

It never dealt pure damage before reduction, user. It reduced the damage based on your defenses and then threw the rest back as pure damage.

Do you not know how to read a graph user?

Truly high level gameplay user

I'm 1k mmr and I never buy Blink, Force, Lotus Glimmer, Linkens, BKB, and go full damage :DDDDD

That was a shitty replacement model, and the skeleton king sets would make him look like a skeleton anyways, that was why they changed him. I guarantee they want to do the same treatment for Clinkz but are too lazy.

Woo they moved Rosh and maybe neutral camps. Idk about the pace i remember games being like 50-60 minutes long and they were 50-60 minutes long when I played the game this year.

Games really only go on that long in

ASSFAGGOTS is dead as a genre anyways. The next big thing is overwatch style shit.

-Easy to play
-Low Commitment. If you don't want to play you can fuck off at any time
And the big one,
-RNG allows low skilled players to do well. A good player will almost always win the match, but shitters are capable of competing, because sometimes they'll end up getting amazing equipment and other people will get fucked by them if they have level 3 armor and a sniper rifle.

I remember in 2012 some no name team appeared and easily got wins on TSM. TSM only won by 1 match, and it seemed like whomever started bottom right team won the match, hence TSM not really winning in my opinion considering if they went a sixth this pattern would have continued.

because they tried to make it into more of a league of legends in the last few patches. the suits strike again.

TSM lost to jungle twisted fate, which made Riot rework entire jungle creep AI.

I wouldn't know, but Riot is some serious shit. They're pretty much the fun police and remove anything that isn't tuned for competitiveness. Like the alternate game modes, where everyone was same hero, they just removed them week after putting them in because people realized they liked other custom maps than just DoTA.

If you don't pick the heroes Riot wants to see or Riot hates you'll get banned even if you mastered their most hated characters.

Riot also gave safelane towers absurd amounts of armor because for half a year Koreans were playing chicken with tower rushes.
People got banned for randoming heroes.

But random is a fucking option on the select screen, isn't it?!

Doesn't matter lol.
that's a ban
Ban!

I don't fucking get the logic.

DOTA2 is too hard for me the average gamer, these days. Also, the lack of friendly features (Surrender vote, games that don't last 5 hours) means that outside of the asian menace that consists of most of the active population, there's not much interest. In short, it's a game not for shitters in an genre of mostly shitters. Plus other, more fun games came out since DOTA2's release. Thanks Divinity, for 200 hours and counting.

I spend an unhealthy amount of time in DOTA2 exclusively for the custom games, however - so there's that. If Warcraft 3 HD has all the games Warcraft 3 had but with better models/textures/movement, I'll just drop DOTA2 and hop back on that shit

It's more:

That's the biggest lie killing DoTA. It does have more mechanics to learn than LoL, but it's hyped up as the hardest and most hardcorest game ever, and it's simply not true. I am having a better time playing DoTA than I ever had at LoL because teamfights in DoTA generally are not reaction time fests also because I main supports and supports simply suck in LoL

This too. It's a game. If I'm not getting paid to play it, I'm not treating it like a second job. Can't git gud at my own pace, so it's not worth bothering unless you love being verbally abused n'stuff.

Pulling camps, stacking creeps, and sneaking denies into lane autism alone is more work than your average LoL match

Ban!

Ban!

Ban!

I had more being a support in Dota than LoL (It was even more fun when I was support as Sniper). Support is absolutely horrible in LoL even if you're some bullshit OP character like Gay-as-Fuck-Sjw Taric, Sona, or Braum.

Am I banned for lusting over their short ladies?

Doesn't mean it is excessively complicated. I remember before I started playing DoTA people would always compare LoL and DoTA, and insisted not only on how much more complicated DoTA was over LoL, and how a LoL babby could never even resist his first DoTA game, but how it was basically the most hardcore game ever and basically, the Dark Souls of being as hard as Dark Souls before Dark Souls comparisons were a thing.

Now that I play DoTA, I can tell that was bullshit. I certainly didn't know how to exploit mechanics to their fullest, but fuck, I got to a peak of 70-80% winrate when I started out. Really, I had more fun playing DoTA alone (they outright refuse to play DoTA for some dumb reason) than when I played LoL with my friends. DoTA should be marketed as more complex, deeper and maybe more hardcore than LoL, but it isn't, by any means, a game that will rip you a new one just by installing it.

Speaking of designs.

The logic is easy to understand: they didn't. We've just recently got the most punishing version of the deny mechanic that Dota 2 ever had for example and they are adding a shit ton of stuff that makes it harder to get into the game as well.

They don't have a board.

Why do so many people feel the need to capitalize the "t"? Why is it never DOtA with you people? I probably see this more often than the correct spelling(s).

The Ancients
of isn't capitalized.

You realize heroes and champs take close to a year to make right? And DOTA releases one like every year now. So I don't think they really copied each other on this thing. It was simply a coincidence.

PASSIVE - SPELL THIEF: Whenever enemy champions cast a summoner spell or item active, they drop the corresponding Spell Shard onto the ground. Spell Shards last for 40 seconds. Some enemy minions spawn with random Spell Shards that only drop to the ground if killed by Zoe.
Collecting a Spell Shard allows Zoe to activate Spell Thief within the next 60 seconds, and she cannot pick up another Shard until she does.
ACTIVE: Zoe mimics the active of the collected Spell Shard.
PASSIVE - SUMMONER SPECIALIST: Casting Spell Thief or one of her own summoner spells grants Zoe bonus movement speed as well as summoning three bubbles that orbit her for a short duration. The bubbles autonomously hurl themselves at nearest enemy, prioritising her attack target, dealing magic damage.

The fuck did i just read?

They seem to have thrown their original cast down the shitter and are now hiring voice celebs. The new pangalior thing is voiced by the Samurai Jack nigger, thats why he sound like a Jamaican but is trying to do most European.

wait, what?, really?

Bard's first skin basically ripped off Nature's Prophet.

WOW HOLY SHIT IF SHE WAS RELEASED YEARS AGO SHE'D HAVE SCARED THE FLASH OUT OF EVERYBODY BUT NOOOOO

I mean, I have DOTA2 installed, and as a faggot, I enjoy lore and character designs far more than MOBA gameplay. Like I said, I play customs (Gem TD, Hero Arenas) WAY MORE than fucking regular DOTA. Like… scale of 56 to 1. Playing real matches makes me sick to my stomach, and then the bitching from teammates once the enemy realizes I can't play from behind since no tutorial in-game teaches it, then they camp me for the game? Fuck that. I'm shit and not improving since my enemies aren't getting any easier.

Seems pretty straightforward to me
well maybe not exactly straightforward but understandable

Bards skin ripped off Malfurion, which is what NP was in DOTA allstars.

it's fucking retarded though.
This is the result i presume.

Reminder mordekaiser has been confirmed to have over 150 bugs, some of which make him perform worse (AoE skills sometimes not damaging everything inside the radius, the ghost left when killed by its ult only has the stats of the character without items and runes, etc) and the only new special effect given by one of his outfits got removed after his attempt of a rework.

That brings me back to those days where Morello said he'd rather chop his balls off than allow healers to exist in LoL. Christ.

Reminder that Cass and Ryze are still beyond repair after their reworks.

How many times has ryze been reworked already?

3 or so? might be more.

How's Yorick?

I heard he's a little better, but I stopped getting into vus and updates after they ruined Taric's character for sjw pandering. They finally updated Urgot and Evelynn.

Both are still potential power picks, but Cass isn't top tier, and Ryze only is in the right hands and can be counter-picked. They're fine.

Yorick went from boring to boring. He's one of those 'bland do-nothing' champs that presses buttons and right-clicks, but doesn't really have a playstyle or something you try to do in the game.

Huh? He's just as camp gay as ever, now he just doesn't wear armour. He's pretty crappy though.

I think the real argument of Invoker is, by the time you learn and master the hero, he either has to be better than everyone else to make learning him worth it, or he shouldn't require as much effort to learn him as he does. It's finding that fine line of skill required vs reward where too much reward for too little skill makes him overpowered and too little reward for a lot of skill makes him undesirable.

People move on with their lives, user.
I played it. I pretty much played with every hero. I had my fun, but people like to move on.
It just became boring, even if the patches rightfully change up a few things to make it more interesting.
If it actually added a sort of basebuilding mode. That would make me interested in it.
You build buildings and the AI still spawn automatically and is not under your control, but you have many strategic option with building on your lane.

But that would be basically a whole new game.

Anyway, Purge might still be playing that game, but most people aren't Pro Players and aren't willing to play the same game for all their life, user.

It doesn't play anything like league at all. It really doesn't.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better, but there's so many differences that comparing one to the other is retarded.

I have never played an ASSFAGGOTS in my life, I see the kids who think it's normal and cringe

I miss those days when they couldn't stop embaressing themselves.

Newerth imploded when they transitioned from $30 to a F2P LoL-type grinding model with coinpack shit. Didn't help that they wouldn't even give coins to all the players who bought the game before. It also didn't help that they were also breaking the meta every other patch with some new OP shit that they would slowly nerf down to something reasonable. And I'm not sure if Newerth ever supported the custom map scene. While you can make custom maps, you couldn't play them online iirc. Vid related: Someone made a WC3 port to HoN, but no one can play it.

If HoN stayed a $30 game and just supported online custom maps it would've sold like fucking crazy. WC3 mappers said HoN had a very good custom map maker, but S2 Games refusing to do fuck-all to support the custom map scene doomed it. People had to hack in online multiplayer and couldn't just use get lobbies going on the S2 server. I think the F2P transition was a bit of a death knell for custom map support because S2 Games probably started panicking about maps with fully unlocked content or people just switching to maps that weren't monetized. So it was basically community support never.

Purge makes money with coaching and commentating at the majors or whatever Valve calls them nowadays.
He'll keep on playing until the money stops, i.e. the interest in Dota dies completly down.

classic fEEd

I don't understand how a guy knows so much about Dota, yet is so fucking bad at the game even when he's played it for years. It doesn't make sense. He's like Maximiliandood, but with less shilling and has actual knowledge of the game.

This company is a joke. They left HoN for dead only to make a new shitty ASSFAGGOT that never got out of the beta (Strife). Strife was full of nothing, but disappointment. That game actually had potential to be good. Now they fucking turned strige into a Clash of Clans rip off. Fuck S2 for being so scummy.

Don't get me started on the "MLG" LoL players

FUCKING WHY DID WE GET A GODDAMN FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER VERSUS SCREEN FAKEN CHROIST

retards who buy shadow amulet and sit in base all game because we had one bad teamfight are what happened

seriously, the community is faggy and shitty and petty that its not even worth playing anymore. i remember when dota 2 was new, the players were assholes yeah, but at least they tried to fucking WIN and were only assholes because they wanted to WIN. i have no clue why there are still so many people who will just complain and bitch and do nothing all game. these people should have banned by now, but that would cut dotas dwindling playerbase in half
its fucking embarrassing to even watch, bunch of miserable faggots

Because weens think if they troll a game, Machinima will recognize them, dropping whores, weed, and bags of money on their lap for being a PRO GAEMR that's not serious or some stupid shit. Reminder Arteezy is an ass-hole in Dota, yet despite being in lowprio Valve is okay with him and other "celebs" being attention whores or cunts to people.

Trying to copy LoL, casualizing and 7.00 happened. There is zero reason to play it now since it lost the depth and uniqueness it had. I'm seeing way too many videos of people breaking the game because of poor balancing.

You can say what you want about LoL but at least its balancing has improved greatly over the past few years (especially after the easy tower melting in 2015) and they're keeping in line with their streamlined approach. The mechanics they do have (autoattack cancels, skill combos and kiting) fit in with the approaches they take. Reworked runes make more sense as well. I can't say the same for braindead additions to DoTA, like Kaya and that spell amplification per level.

To add to this:
The lack of a surrender option is also a problem.
When 70% of the games are stomps is it really that surprising that people afk in their base, wait 4 minutes, get experience, then go back afk?
Games in dota can last up to hours depending on the set up, who the fuck wants to stay a full hour in a lost cause of a game?

Plus, now you're required to put a telephone number to play ranked.
Let's not even talk about the skill trees because that shit is the most casual crap ever.

yeah this also, i just started playing dota again after going on hiatus for a few months and jesus fucking christ what a mess
half the items dont do what they used to, cour has no speed boost but a shield that no one uses and is 1000 times less useful than speed boost, no flying cour upgrade now its flat price of 200, aether lens now gives no spell amp, i dont understand any of these fucking changes, none of them improve the game or change it up significantly, theyre just annoying

meanwhile gamebreaking bullshit like the aforementioned shadow amulet build have not been fixed, it counts you as inactive if you dont get kills but doesnt if you just sit there invis all day, the characters that used to be broken are still broken and characters that used to be useless are more useless

they just change random shit and add new crap and dont fix anything its a fucking trash heap, they added two broken OP characters and still havent fixed the last one they added (MK)

sometimes I forgot that this game was made by the same company that made (and ruined) TF2

From what I've gathered MOBA has the same syndrome as MMO's had, where there are some hardcore userbase in there but there are allot of people jumping from one game to the other and it's not really stable. It's whatever seems to be new and hip that will get the next set of normal fags until it jumps to a new game.

Overwatch is not really in competition with the moba but whatever game has more waifub8 will be profitable, look at Cliffy's arena shooter no waifu just a niggeress and an ugly chink then you go and look at Overwatch, you have a THICC chink, brazilian and an Aussie with a spendex.

If dota2 has great waifub8 it's a seller but if lol has more waifub8 there are going to be more people on lol.

Sounds kind of hot.

it pissed me off enough when they did this for the steam market place, even before they required you to give your FUCKING SOCIAL SECURITY if you wanted to sell more than 200 items

and god dammit i have about 50 bucks worth of useless dota crap that I need to sell before this dumb game dies

the skill trees pretty much just eliminate whatever choices you used to have to make between items, almost always there is a skill that fills a niche that once had to be filled with an item which makes every build much less interesting than it used to be, I remember I used to see people buying wild builds for their characters, things you would never think to use and think wouldnt work but they would make it work, and it would change the way you viewed that character forever

now what do you see? PA with battlefury and axe with blademail thats all you ever see, people never go for interesting builds anymore

I used to call anyone who wanted a surrender option a casual but I see your point now user, the game is such a shitfest that I really dont have an hour of time for it anymore, especially if its going to an unfun trolling simulator with one retard thinking that his internet cock has grown 2 inches because he kept you in low prio

plus lets not forget that the old events that used to actually be fun have been set aside for TOURNIE SEASON 4!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN TREASURE CHESTS ARE BASICALLY GAMBLING??

My understanding is that the SSN is required as part of the US tax code. Its technically not their fault in this case

Yes it is Valves fault. How about if the system requires an SSN then don't fucking put up with that system? They probably could've worked around this. But fucking hell am I giving away my SSN to some random Jews that's probably end up in a database to be inevitably broken into. NEVER give your SSN away to just anyone user, Jesus fuck this is basic shit.

anyone else got stuck in 1k? I was originally 2.5k solo but fucked my self up and plunged into 1k gaming and holy shit im getting stuck in this hell hole. i win 2 games and lose 2, i win 3 and lose 3. cant even support when 4 of your other teammates pick hard carries

Its going the way of tf2.

What the fuck is this shitty image even trying to convey?

Some retarded tournament banned a single hat on warlock but allowed other stupid flashy stuff. Redditards also whine in it.

Holy fuck Dota 2 sounds like a wreck, why do you even still play this game?

PUBG has

But this never happened. They made the game harder to learn if anything. Just because something is a new addition to Dota doesn't mean that it's automatically dumbing the game down.

There is no such thing, the afk detection works on you not getting XP for 5 minutes, no matter what else you're doing. There are some theoretical scenarios where this could fuck you over, but I can't remember this happen to anyone in all the games I've ever played.

Broken heroes with winrates of 44.58% for Pangolier, 50.41% for Dark Willow and 47.83% for Monkey King in 5k+ MMR games (and mostly lower ones in lower MMR regions)
Why are you people just making stuff up? Not to mention all those "change = bad", "new item that ads a new feature to the game = double bad" arguments.

Try looking into the whole "mouse" thing. I heard the game is easier to control once you have one.

Yeah, fuck giving people options.
I'm sure that they are intentionally losing shekels on their retarded market tax by intentionally inconveniencing people.

I wonder if some Overwatch like thing (the one in CS:GO) could help against people like that. Those overly defeatist cunts are worse than the people who who capitalize the "t" in Dota/DotA.

He isn't that terrible with 5.6k MMR, unless you're comparing him to actual pros of course.

He's 5.6K MMR he's well best the middle of the bell curve. Purge also probably doesn't upload stomps going either way because they're not fun to watch, so if you're wondering why every single video of his isn't him winning, it's because it wouldn't be entertaining otherwise. Granted, he will make stupid mistakes in the middle of matches the constant hesitation to buy BKB because it's boring is also frustrating and probably holds back his MMR that's still going to happen in almost anything but pro matches.

Momentum. It's already sucked nearly five thousand hours from me, and I can't seem to funnel them elsewhere.

No its not, kill yourself.

There's no reason that if 5 people can agree to surrender they shouldn't be able to surrender.

Valve happened, once they realised they could make more money selling other peoples games then making their own they stopped giving a shit, as of right now valve has lost almost all its talent and is running on a skeleton crew while Gabe rakes in millions a month.

all adding a surrender option would do is create the opportunity for shitters to shit up more games by refusing to surrender when the other 4 want to.

If your entire team really is in agreement that the game is over just sit in the fountain and tab out.

That's already happening though, everyday. The specific situation I am referring to, when 5 agree, is punished severely in the current set up. Shitters shitting up things will be going on no matter what. We're not giving them more options because they would still act the same with or without it.
If the enemy team doesn't end faster then 5 minutes you are all slapped with an abandon for not getting experience in that time.

nice game dotards

Its like you don't really want to play this game. If they are winning this hard then they will roll over you anyway. What a bunch of soy fags.

That's why it requires 5 votes, if you want to be the one tryhard faggot to fight to the end, you can be that faggot and stop your team from quitting, it's fine. I don't quit until the end but there's no reason to deny the option.

There is, specifically because it enables shitters. Simple as that.

The shitters that aren't letting you finish games anyways?

No because its basically enticing you to give up by being an option. Its he same logic with "well you don't have to buy lootboxes xDDDDDD"

So I suppose you're also in favor of removing the ability to deny barracks?

I've actually had a DotA game where my team surrendered on me and called the game lost when I was fucking confused and said we were winning and would have the game. They laughed at me, called me an idiot, and proceeded to throw all the rax to the enemy team because lol game is lost anyway. Faggots. I managed to solo defend against the entire enemy team + megas for another 15 or so minutes and drag out the loss while giving my team shit for being such quitters. Eventually they started chipping in and realized that they were in the wrong and shouldn't've done that. We lost in the end because I think enemy team got rosh and more items and we were already raxed into megas.

I was playing Necrophos with Guardian Greaves, blademail, radiance, octarine core, veil, dagon 5, back when the ocore regen worked on everything including the degen aura and blademail (and blademail had a much lower cd). Enemy team just could not kill me through my piles of armor, regen, and self-heals even with bkbs and once their bkb wore off it's rape time.

blog.dota2.com/2017/11/seasonal-ranked-update/

Why would somebody that unless he is specifically trolling? Those aren't the same people as quitters. Quitters just lose faith most of the time. I've had many times where someone says hes going afk and then start playing after 2 mins or after I keep telling them to play.

Well obviously the mere existence of it entices people to do it.

Stop fucking strawmaning you fucking mongoloid. Its a bazingillion times more situational and plenty of people don't even know you can since they have never tried since they value rax and tier 3 much more than tier 2 and 1. And I already told you its not the same people.

Such a reasonable description you wouldn't happen to be buttmad would you?

Nice singles, faggot!

I never said I hate anemaymays. Its just when someone starts posting smug anemaymeys with a retarded post its a clear sign he hes a complete faggot with nothing more to say.

Kill yourself, or abandon games you pathetic manchild, I'll make better use of your passive gold or can send your worthless ass to farm jungle so my team gets more shared gold.
>tfw still not good enough to micro 2 heroes at once.

LoL is almost unplayable because of surrender. If one thing goes wrong, everyone spams that button. Trying to talk them out of it gets you a ban. Adding a surrender option would be absolutely stupid for Dota.

there is a surrender button, called "abandon" though.

maybe people are getting bored of the one map

i dont think lol is doing as well as it used to either

And here I thought Holla Forums has absolutely superior taste in vidya.

what possessed you to believe that?

We got invaded by neogaf before we could recover from being invaded by cuckchan.

we're all gonna make it brah

you could apply that train of thought to so many boards and be perpetually disappointed
or from another perspective you could see theyre talking about the superior "moba" and not something where you have to unlock characters or grind to power them up.

It's superior tastes in MOBA now if you don't like MOBA you're going to be disappointed. I will admit there isn't much competition though.

Let's just hope the collage bubble bursts along with the vidya bubble so we can have a nice hard reset

suck more wallstreet dick

Are you red in the head or just regularly retarded?

it never actually plays out that way, the fat just get fatter.

Competitive faggots. For some reason they decided that video game should be a second job. And not even a good job, but very repetitive and stressful one. You can see these faggots right in this thread screaming "muh MMR", "muh esports" and all other crap.

Damnit Satan stop making America fat.