DMC HD

About to play through the DMC games 1-4. I've played 3 and 4 quite a bit but only made it through half of 1 as a kid and never touched 2. Just figured I'd ask some questions before I started.

-is there anything like cancelling combos or neat ways to break the game in the name of cuhrayzee?
-same as the question for DMC 1
-is this game even worth playing? I've heard it was complete garbage but that was before DmC came out and maybe put it into perspective

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Special_Edition
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/912-devil-may-cry-3-starter-pack/
archive.is/g9Xm7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DMC2 is easy as shit, but I'd say it's worth a playthrough on whatever the hardest default difficulty is. Even DMD mode is pathetic. I wouldn't go out of my way to obtain a copy, but if you have the HD collection, there is no reason not to give it a whirl.

Slash-canceling can be done with a quick analog rotation, it lets you reset your initial slash twice as quickly as normal.
Jump-canceling is possible with the shotgun.
If you're a pussy you'll make your way through the game by grenade-rolling, which is the granddaddy of the Kilgore Glitch.

You're not going to need most of this until Dante Must Die! anyway, and even then you should try to go without it.
If only so you can tell other people that it isn't, sure.

It's like they never played the games.

DMC1 has the best atmosphere and style out of the franchise, it's a beautiful game that still looks great and even watching the cutscenes you can tell that a lot of love went into it.
The controls are unlike DMC3, it's a slower game that clearly inherits some stuff from its RE roots, its fun and challenging but it also ain't no DMC3. My personal favorite of the series. Also Dante is a pretty cool alpha dude and his character makes numales feel uncomfortable.

Sounds like 2 is worth playing one way or another.

And I appreciate the tips on 1. Might stay away from gernade rolling for at least one play through if it's that op, but that slash/jump cancelling sounds neat.

For sure. It's where the best parts of RE 3.5 went, the rest went to haunting ground which I hear isn't to shabby either.

Isn't pizza bad for dogs?

And what is wrong with mushroom on a pizza, you god damn degenerate?

At least it isn't pineapple.

there was a webm somebody posted here a while back that actually made DMC2 look good.

I guess the drought of vidya has hurt some more than others.

playing 2 is worth it, if for no other reason to laugh at the hillariously awful baddie. that aside, I really only have fond memories of the final boss about the game. and the decent credits music.

I think things have just been put into perspective. I don't know how shit it is first hand because I have yet to play it, but I do know a lot of the games that I considered shit back in the day were actually not that bad when you compare it to the garbage that passes as vidya today.

Ammy a cute.

It tastes like nothing or alternatively ass, its pointless

I bet you like traps.

Probably better than just parroting whatever everyone else says about it. And if you hadn't played it you wouldn't know that it introduced DMC3's ranking system and had the precursors to a few style moves, like Rain Storm.

Stop eating shitty undercooked mushrooms from cheap pizzerias, then

You need to beat both "campaigns" to unlock those
Tbh its not worth playing at all. Every single moment I wasted playing it I kept thinking that I could be playing better games.

Man, I forgot how creepy the atmosphere in one is. The OST really helps sell the spook factor to. Was the prequel anime any good? I enjoyed the novel but some of the extra stuff related to DMC can be pretty bad. The DMC3 mangas for instance.

Personally I like just about anything on pizza… except onions, fuck onions.

no

You're not creating a second pineapple meme, reddit.

That was me, and it was this.
The video i got it from is old as fuck though so this is the best res it has.

it's piss easy but it makes you appreciate 3 all the more, so play it

One is rudimentary but has all the basics down. Two is broken, but you can see the ideas behind it at times.

Where is that onion webm where I need it.

That looks good until you realize that the reason he is primarily shooting is because the long ranged weapons have more variety than the melee weapon moveset.

The best thing about the anime is the intro.

There's also the episode with Lady and Trish butting heads, but that's it.

that's a shame but no surprise.

worth it

The episode where Dante breaks that guy out of prison was pretty good too.

well I already made a few webms
This one is from the final episode.

To me it looks like he uses a Devil Trigger explosion like in DMC3, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

There was actually this Podcast that got Ruben Langdon on. He talks about how when he was doing the recording for the DMC anime the dubbing company was actually getting shut down, they were just doing one take on everything, so he would intentionally mess up on bad takes so they were unusable to get them to let him do a better take.
Most of Dante's lines in the anime were probably Ruben just reading the line to get a feel for it and he was going to do a better second take, but they used the his first crummy one instead.

Dante sure puts up with a lot

Yeah in few of the scenes Dante is getting shit on by the girls, but he also lives like a slob. I didn't mind it.
The anime shows a far more flawed Dante who borderline depressed most of the time.

how does that look good by any definition?

It's far better then most DMC2 gameplay.

That is one good looking boss fight.

It looks like they were one of those studios that still used old school animation techniques, which can be costly. It's a shame that style is going out because I think it looks a hundered times better than straight up digital animation. I wonder if anime is starting to go the way of western animation?

sounds like middle aged Dante would be one of us.

I don't think it was the animation studio, The DMC anime was made by the guys who did the Hellsing anime I believe
It was just the guys responsible for dubbing who were shut down.

Old school animation technique of outsourcing to korean sweatshops.

1 is pretty challenging, but a not-insignificant portion of that challenge comes from resident evil camera angles. Getting cuhrazy happens to a lower degree than 3 or 4 but IIRC you can break a combo by using your gun

2 suffers from some level design issues and reduced difficulty, but has a pretty cool last boss. Story-wise a number of people were upset about Dante's characterization: he decides to help based on the flip of a coin, but in a clever twist it's double-headed.

I see the anime as depicting Dante's avarage day to day demon hunting, which would be far more boring and easy compared to his adventures in the games.
It takes place after DMC1 so he has already surpassed Sparda by this point. Things would be pretty boring for him until he has mid life crisis and becomes a crazy cool uncle in DMC4.

truly the pizza of the god's.

I enjoyed the DMC anime, it wasn't anything fantastic but it felt like going through Dante's everyday routine, taking on small jobs to keep the business going while lazing off, I'm glad that we get to see that, I mean he can't be saving the world everyday.

It felt pretty comfy watching him just go on his regular everyday life. Some episodes like Rock Queen and Death Poker were really great standalones.
I would totally be fine with another episodic style show with Dante so long as they manage to get an actual budget this time.

Yeah that's what I liked about it too, The anime shows a far more Human side to Dante. He may be all powerful, but he still needs to deal with regular life like the rest of us. Though I get if people are disappointed that he doesn't do much that's crazy stylish in the anime.

I also unironically enjoyed Patti and wish she would show up as a small cameo in the next installment of the series which will never ever happen.

we can be "never going to see them again" bros

To be honest, I'd enjoy a DMC5 that takes place after 2 where Dante is still in the Demon World and Lucia and the others are waiting outside.

just don't play 2
and prepare to rage at last Nightmare fight.

I'd enjoy a DMC5

God I hope Itsuno's is working on it.

apparently some credible reddit source dropped that it will happen
but we had that before, so who knows

Lucia was negro tier, she can stay away.

I know about that. "Source" but i'v been seeing so called DMC5 "leaks" all year.
The only thing that matters is Itsuno's game, he said he's was trying to show it this year and PSX is pretty much his last chance.

I like her hair thing… it's not like there is a chance she'll come back anyway Capcom hasn't acknowledge DMC2's existence since it came out.

Is there a translated version of that?

Why is there a younger version of Vergil next to Nero?

I'd rather it not happen. Current year Capcom is almost EA tier. They would absolutely wreck DMC, Itsuno or no.

a little thiccer than their on model selfs but that's not a bad thing.

At this point I just want to see DMC5 regardless of it's quality.
Of course I would love it if DMC5 was great, but if it ended up being absolute shit. Then at least I know there's no point in thinking about what if's any more.

You're sexualizing ammy the wrong way.

I suppose either way it's no harm no foul. I got almost what I wanted with DMC4:SE, so if DMC5 is good then cool, if not then I still have 1,3, and 4.

I guess I just don't want another roller coaster of Capcom showing off something that might actually look good, then have journalists cannibalizing it until it's censored and casualized to hell.

that's a good picture set

I'd slam dunk Kyrie's eleison.

Wouldn't it be great if there was an item that changed the woman's costumes into swimsuits in this game. little text :even in the cutscenes

\W, what are you saying.

…. …..

They'd never add a cheat like that
There's no way.

Then how about if you clear dante must die, then you get to have the privilege? That sort of difficulty.

Ham and shrooms pizza is one of the italian classic ones, like margherita.

DMC2 is one of the few times when people really aren't exaggerating. It's a horrible game. I played all 4 games in a row back when the HD Collection came out, so I'm not speaking from childhood memories. If you do play it, you'll see the beginnings of things that were done way better in DMC3, such as Trickster wall running and Gunslinger twosome time. You'll also hear brand new sound effects that were abandoned, probably because the game did so poorly that Capcom didn't want people to remember anything about it during DMC3.

Hilariously I thought he meantbecause Dante Hates Mushroom on Pizza; but then I remembered it was Olives

which is too bad because I love Mushroom and Black Olive

You haven't watch any modern anime, have you?

truly the Pizza of Kings.

are there any particularly useful abilities I should be pumping my souls into in DMC?

Yes, they are.

Every move is useful, really. Get Stinger as soon as possible, obviously, as well as Air Hike. Air Raid and Vortex are pretty overpowered but still very useful, especially if you're trying to beat a timer. Round Trip is the least useful ability but is very useful against the final boss' final form.

The only one of Ifrit's abilities that's not amazing is Meteor. The others are must-buy as soon as you can afford them, especially Inferno and Kick 13. Rolling Blaze is also useful against Griffon's second form.

lol kys and stick to 10 year old Holla Forums-core

Better than eating the endless garbage flow that is new releases. And I have played some games that came out this year.

That motherfucker's theme really gets me motivated every time.

Gotcha, been focusing on Stinger and Air Hike as they were the most familiar but I'll branch out to the others, thanks!

as a side note, I'm really sad DMC went in a different direction after the first game. It was like a straight up action RE and can be genuinely creepy at times. The gothic castle setting just makes it all the better. Really, it's making me want to go back and play RE 1-3 than the other DMC's.

What's that retarded furfag autism next to dante?

Don't give him a (you), you'll catch AIDS.

This is actually the most realistic portrayal of how combat feels for Dante at this point. The game is so easy because Dante is now unstoppable. Combat is a chore for Dante, and combat is a chore for you.

Just about gave myself carpal tunnel trying to beat his final form on DMD, but it's a good memory. The OST in general is fucking brutal, man, the air raid sirens in the main battle theme are weird as fuck.

You're not the only one, although I would probably go forward and play DMC3 again after you finish DMC1 a few times, I think you'll really appreciate how well the architecture carries on the spirit of the first game.
I think RE4's probably the more appropriate choice

But isn't Ammy a dog?

Wolf.

sun goddess who takes the form of a wolf due to losing power and to avoid suspicion

sauce?

tinyeye's got nothing, which seems to be the norm now.

>>>/oven/

That's Amaterasu from Okami
I think what started the art was that Marvel vs Capcom 3 had Dante, Amaterasu, Joe and they were all created by Hideki Kamiya.
I guess fan artists thought Dante would have better luck with a Wolf sun goddess, since he has rotten luck with normal women.

Quit being a faggot, there's a lot of new games on that list that are good and there's plenty more that aren't listed.

>he still hasn't posted sauce
shamefur dispray

If the weebs get to I get to.

here.

man, I completely forgot about Lucia. I was thinking just play through as Dante.

Thank you kindly, I was not disappointed

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/ with your twitter memes

nothing wrong with that, user.

It’s an avatar Amaterasu Okami.
Here’s how the Japanese portrayed her. It’s only recently that people have tried playing up her connection with wolves by making her a Kemonomimi. Moreso to do with Okami the game.

bretty gud

It's okay when nips do it

Most of what I would even consider remotely worth playing in that game is hidden behind hours of boredom.
The special secret missions in particular are actually somewhat hard and fun, especially the 60th one which you only get after you clear the game 3 times with every other secret missions discovered and cleared.

What's the best emulation settings for DMC3 or are there fixes to make the PC version not run like total ass?

Open GL
3X Native
Safest(faster) preset
1920 x 1080 resolution
I get 60fps on my laptop, it's a really well optimized game for a PS2 title.
Don't bother with the PC title, I've done my best and nothing is working.

When I use Hardware rendering, all the UI fucks up and doesn't render. Should mention I'm trying Special Edition.

RPCS3 with vulkan if you can, PCSX2 with whatever if you don't but the PC version should run fine if you follow what's on PCGW and don't forget to force the game to run on a single core, or if by chance you have an old XP single core build you can use that, port ran much better on older hardware.

Mods are the only reason to ever play the PC version. It's strictly inferior as it's missing lighting effects and will only run acceptably at best even after fixes.
At least the mods can let a shitty player like me come up with some reasonable-looking stuff.

If you want accurate results then the software mode in PCSX2 should fix most issues. The hardware renderer has a bunch of bugs and performance bottlenecks which make it looks weird and slow down on certain scenes.

RPCS3 is shaping up nicely with DMC HD collection running well enough. You'll need to wait a while for DMC3 to be playable though. Currently it freezes randomly which pretty much makes it unplayable.

Why is the super trainer for dmc4se so shit bros?

eye can judge a person's true form. You appear to be a maiden most fair.

Here's a reason: The game is bad.

DMC2 was only bad when compared to the rest of the series. At least, that was my understanding of it.

wiki.pcsx2.net/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Special_Edition

nah, it's just bad.
I remember fucking up a jumping portion in a skyscraper and falling to death in the fire.
I didn't die.
I waited to die but I didn't so I jumped climbed out the pit of death.
It's so easy it stops you from committing suicide.

Don't remind me

Oh boy it's the sequel to Devil May Cry, I can't wait to fight hordes of horrifying demons fucking helicopters and tanks. The sad thing is Viewtiful Joe had both of those vehicles and the fights were totally fine.

Are the PS2 versions of 1 and 3 Special Edition better or worse than the HD collection on PS3 and Xbox 360?

Technically worse
They're the same games but the HD collection runs at a higher resolution with widescreen support.
One thing which might be different is that in HD collection certain cutscenes are prerendered instead of real time but I could be remembering this wrong.

1 and 2 are the best ones, I don't remember if you can cancel combos and break shit in 1 but in 2 you can and 2 honestly has more fun combat in my opinion but the two games are a little different in terms of combat and atmosphere anyway so it's purely subjective. I'd definitely recommend playing them especially if you hate the atmosphere and Dante in later games. 1 felt more like a blend of Dino Crisis and Resident Evil while 2 felt more like Ninja Gaiden this is going off my own memory years and years back though so keep that in mind

Forgot I had these too.

You are going to play through the 4 games at once?
Jesus Christ, these are brainless button mashers man

They are, they're just pillarboxed, same with the menus. One of the grenade launcher's gunslinger moves in DMC3 is also broken, but it's a small complaint.

Broken how?

I mean it actually doesn't work, the Grapple move doesn't pull enemies towards you or deal damage, the animation plays out and nothing happens. It's just an unfortunate thing about the port that never got patched.

That kinda sucks. I never used it but still.

That's why he's enjoying it so much.

Underage please leave.

Nah user you must've not had some golden sauteed onions on a supreme pizza before.

She's from the anime right?

Yes and shes great, its a shame shes so young

Well Patty would be far older by the time DMC4 happens. Part of me thinks shes near Nero's age depending on how far after the anime DMC4 takes place.

Popeye, you gotta have a word with Wimpy man. That guy is fucking out of control. He's been shivering your girl's timbers while you're off at sea with Blutto.

here's a thought: go back to >>>/tumblr/

DMC1 is the dark souls of SCA games

I've played most games on this list and it seems like it was actually made to prove our points (meaning us who say current video games are shit), you goddamn redditors from hell.
I'll admit there are a few decent titles on the lower ports/remakes part (nothing special), but most of the titles in the upper list are shit. Some are absolute irredeemable trash. Echo and Project Nimbus, seriously?

Empty Hero made himself a decent little series. He left out the parts of DMC4 being half finished and didn't put enough emphasis on the lack of a lock-on in DmC, but not bad.

It feels like somebody made this for me.

I have not, sounds good tho.

Goddamn this webm is autistic.

Onions taste fine, but it's just weird to bite into a chunk of one. That's why all the examples of onions used in food have it mixed into the food in the form of powder, rather than being individual pieces (except onion rings, of course).

It has to be sliced extremely thin. Nothing is worse than chewing a thick chunk of mushroom on pizza.

I played through the whole trilogy about two months ago on the 360.

DMC1: Starts off Resi like with light puzzle elements, later more streamlined with annoying backtracking. Fighting is pretty restricted by the camera, the re-spawning enemies are frustrating and they recycle a lot of bosses. Still a decent game with a good story.

DMC2: Completely streamlined, very short, enemy designs don't quite fit the rest of the game (tanks and shit) and the camera angles were just pissing me off constantly. Felt rushed like hell.

DMC3: Here is where the fun starts. Bigger environments, more enemy variety, more puzzles and a fluid fighting system that just rocks. Also the upgrades are fun, Devil Trigger doesn't feel tacked on, going for the higher combo ratings is encouraged and the story /presentation goes full out. Highly recommended.

If you want to play it on Wangblows, you should use this pack
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/912-devil-may-cry-3-starter-pack/

This one is way better.

amy and dante eating pizza together is cute as fuck

This is great, I played my at the time roomate's copy of this launch day and laughed our asses off at this DLC more than we did the main game.

How do you even manage to create a character as unlikable as Nu-Vergil? Donte was bad but even for how shit the game was he manged to become tolerable by the end, Vergin on the other hand was a Spoiled Rich Boy who hid behind his Secret Club the entire game and was just an overall coward who literally killed a unborn baby before the mother for no reason other than to be edgy and when nobody agreed with his batshit Ideals at the end literally went through mental gymnastics in DLC form to justify everything he just did. He's like Gabriel Belmont but with Zero redeeming traits.

Holy shit, go back to Gamefaqs.

I thinks thats a bit too fucked up, even for Dante
inb4 kemono fan doujin of Dante on Amaterasu action
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHhh

user don't tease me like this.

I need help, I think I might have fucked my wrist doing the stinger buffer move, it's been over 5 hours since I stopped playing but my right arm is still feeling funny.

You got nerve damage brother

Does it get that bad really fast?
I've only been playing for a week and only 4 hours at max per day, I can't believe pros/speedrunners get fucked so fast.

Maybe it's because I've not played anything that was truly intensive on my arms in months, and even then it was god hand, which outside of moving the right stick it's not that much of a button mashing game when you get experienced at it.

Usually when I get pains like that in my arms whats helps me is I start working out, but if you don't want to spend money on some dumbbells just do some push ups, and start stretching yours arms, wrists and hands.

Take this with as much salt as you like but someone leaked DMC 5 news
archive.is/g9Xm7

If this shit is true then that means there is less of a chance that Itsuno's game is being shown at PSX and now we have to wait until E3.
I know it's not Itsuno's fault, but this would mean I'v been blue balled about this announcement for a year now.

DMC dogfucking is bottom of the barrel shit, come on, user

Is there any more Amy X Dante art?

anyone have any tips for "Showdown with Nightmare"? That boss is giving me a run for my money.

Use Ifrit, and use charged punches. With a full Devil Trigger you can have that bitch dead in about twenty seconds. If you haven't bought Rolilng Blaze, buy it, it's the best way to deal with the worms and with his side-spear attack.

If you've already broken his orbs in the first two fights you've made things more difficult so yourself, and there's no way to fix it, but using Air Raid is a safe way to deal damage from a distance, especially during the green orb version of the laser attack.

I broke his orb in the first two fights. Also, right after that last post I beat him in a surprising way. I did the Nelo Angelo fight, took out a quarter of his health then didn't have to worry about hitting the circle and could focus on wailing into him. Dunno why people recommend avoiding that fight.

Do they? The repeat fights aren't that tough, they're always one difficulty setting lower than whatever you're on. It's probably because on Normal mode it takes longer to go in and do the repeat fight instead of just fighting Nightmare normally.

yeh, and that Nelo is particularly easy so it's crazy to see all the guides and tips recommending to avoid him.

also, as a quick side note, does Sparda do anything good? Feels like a worse version of Alastor.

It has longer reach and slightly higher base damage than Alastor, and otherwise has the same moveset, excluding the DT moves. It has a different DT moveset which is only available on a specific mission. And you'll have to use it on the final boss anyway, so I hope you can make peace with it.

I… I highly underestimated how bad 2 was going to be. How did this happen?