Camelot wants to make Shining Force 4

nichegamer.com/2017/11/18/camelot-boss-wants-to-make-shining-force-iv/

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/sega-saturn/shining-force-3-translation-project-sf3-scenarios-1-3-pre-patched-sf3patch-16/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off and take your ten bucks with you

Is the Shining series producer going to shit all over him too, I wonder? I will never ever forgive Sega for the incident. Never.

What if SEGA actually green lit Shining Force 4 and this guy is hinting at it

Irrelevant. What Sega did then goes far beyond "they stopped making the game I like."

Sega and good ideas don't go hand-in-hand all that often these days, so I doubt this is some hidden hint.

I'm pretty sure they've been talking about this for years now and I don't expect anything to come of it considering Dark Dawn's failure.

are you still butthurt about what that one programmer on the shining force series did after he misinterpreted a fan campaign and are still blaming all of sega for one guy acting independently?

Well they've been getting better with Sonic Mania and Fist of the Yakuza. So who knows.

I'll be honest, I don't know all the details. Please pardon my ignorance.

only two things I can think of:
1. they only released shining force 3 part 1 (of 3) in the west on the saturn cuz saturn flopped in the west
2. a programmer who worked on the shining series saw a shining forces campaign by fans to bring over the remaining untranslated games digitally. the programmer misinterpreted the shining force fans campaign as an attack on the series, DMCA'd videos using his real name (100% independently from sega) and now we have internet autists like c9a2f0 upset at the wrong party for no good reason.

"LOL THOZ R SHIT" Irrelevant. The fact is that the author of the article made it sound like Blade Arcus was the only Shining game released in almost 20 years.

The DMCA claims came from Sega, were authorized and initiated by Sega, were never reversed, and Sega never even so much as apologized for their actions. Or the actions of one of their employees acting alone if we believe your false statement.

All of those entries were absolutely terrible.

prove it.

The claims came from a Sega address, therefore they are a company action, full stop. They've not once said anything to the contrary either, they've never distanced themselves from the actions in any way, or done anything about it.

Face it, friend, the company you're defending is responsible.

Sega have not proven to me that they are consistently getting better. For every Sonic Mania they pull out denuvo on the very same game and Sonic Forces (which is another problem in itself).

Sonic Forces and how it does will overwrite all goodwill Sonic Mania did. This is the truth. If it does good? We're shit-eating sheep that will play anything. If it does bad? Sonic dies without another Sonic Mania-esque situation.

the claims came from an individual employee acting independently within sega. go ahead, waiting for you to declare this was sega attacking western shining force fans for their SoS campaign. A campagin from 7 years ago they ultimately never went any where except brew distrust between western fans and sega themselves. Go ahead, defend your failed tactics.

LOL THOZ R SHIT

I know Dark Dawn wasn't exactly good, but come on, make Golden Sun 4 first, you fucks pls;-;

Sonic Forces is irrelevant when you have Sonic Mania, Virtual-On, Fist of the Yakuza and Shin Megami Tensei V. Yes Denvo was a shit move, but that was from SEGA of Europe who did the port.

When you act from within a company, you are acting on behalf of that company. It's irrelevant what you or I think of what anyone was doing, the part that I care about is that Sega filed illegal DMCA claims to take down a large number of Shining Force related videos, and you are defending this action. The best case scenario that you can offer is "a Sega employee used Sega resources to do things that Sega has approved of and defended, but Sega dindu nuffin"

If they do make one I hope they use 2D graphics like 2/CD rather than something like 3.

despite denuvo (and all the tears involved) sonic mania still did decent on pc, I think most people even forgot about it already. minor PR hiccup in a late port.

what game play cues is there to take? fire emblem has always been the worst tactics rpg.

Joke's on them, shining has already been ruined

If they make it 2d best you're getting is character portraits wobbling towards each other with particle effects. Sprite animation is dead.

There are so many waifuable girls in SF, so I hope they would at least take the relationship system.

True, even the GBA remake of 1 had shitty sprites.

I will care only if it uses the same art style of the first 2 games.

If Sonic Mania was exclusive to PS4 or Xbone, it'd been a fiasco. Virtual-On not coming to PC despite having PC releases in the past, is fucking retarded I say this as a PS4 owner so I'm due for all that content, but not everyone is..

I didn't even know they made a third one. Is it any good?

Damn I really need to catch back up on Helck.

nah
only the first game, maybe you should go back to 1999 and raise a fuss about oratorio tangram where that argument would have some weight

ya, hope you can read japanese

The salt from all the anti-denuvo fags was great, it sucks that it ended so soon.

I don't even like drm but holy shit it's just pathetic how much they think they matter.

As a Sega fan you drones are pretty obnoxious corporate whores.

The fuck you talking about? All scenarios of SF3 have been translated for years now.

theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/sega-saturn/shining-force-3-translation-project-sf3-scenarios-1-3-pre-patched-sf3patch-16/

No, the issue behind the DMCA takedowns of Shining Force videos was because Sega wanted to promote the release of Shining Resonance through SEO means, and that meant taking down content related to Shining because Sega wanted Resonance to be known online.

Nigger the whole trilogy has been translated. Even SF3 Part 1 was re translated.

How are they bad?

Will there be waifus?

I will even accept a fucking SoL prequel with Babi raising a young Kraden at this fucking point. Maybe even a Lunpa and Babi misadventures game, just give me something.

You can't even shill right

Sonic mania sold well still, if anything the denuvo loss will be recouped after the fall sale and then some. Most pc gamers don't care about denuvo

I'd rather not see shining force become nuFE

Why would i want SF4 when i never got complete SF3?
Also, is that schizophrenic sperg that did everything he could to kill the franchise in the west from Sega still in charge of the franchise?

You heard him. Every stupid thing Treehouse says comes directly from Nintendo of Japan!

It;s been translated for years dumbfuck

What happened?

I don't want a Force 4
I want Shining the Holy Ark HD or Shining the Holy Ark 2

we're reaching mensa levels here folks

read the thread, nothing.

And all the problems of jewgle are really just an algorithm gone wrong

There are already tons of boring dungeon crawlers.

you're a boring dungeon crawler

ask them if they want to make anothr Tactics Ogre too

>not posting any of the centaur girls or furries

I don't like horse pussy.

Homosex detected

No one likes to see anyone do it for free.

Who are you quoting?

Camelot belongs to Miyamoto these days. Once he locks you up in his dungeon along with Gamefreak there is no escaping.

As much as i would love, FUCKING LOVE for this shit to happen, it's not happening, and i can't believe even for a second that the series is going to be anything other than generic japan only shovelware ever again. I'm not even sure if it could be good, Dark Dawn and the lack of any game that's not golf or tennis in years leads me to believe that they've lost their touch.

They're not actually owned by Nintendo, you just can't tell because all they ever do now is Mario Tennis and Mario Golf.

I hope there's more monstergirls and beast races if they make IV. I've been playing through II, and I am really enjoying the variety of races in the game. I haven't played any of the Tony games, but any images I've seen of them look pretty generic and boring compared to the Camelot games.

I thought SEGA hated the original shining force games. So much so, that they actively deleted every shining force video they could fine a few years back when a new game was coming out so whenever someone youtube searched "shining force" they would be forced to watch videos about the new games. I don't see this happening.

why cant the gooks into anatomy?

I wish those newer games at least kept their distinct universe. Without the Centaurs or dwarves as party members, it kind of felt like other JRPGs except that it was lagging behind. It didn't have Suidoken's good story, BoF's dark setting, or FE's permadeath. The newer Shining games had a focus tested feel to it. I could tell that they were trying to cash in on the idol fad with Shining Resonance.

no mang, Yogurt and Domingo should be in game, i can accept costumes for DLC though

Three things.

1 - Neverland/Camelot developers were basically badly treated and then subsequentially booted. Mind you, these are the people responsible for the Shining games from Genesis to Saturn, as well as Landstalker and its spiritual sequel, Alundra.

2. Turned a tactical RPG into a Secret of Mana ripoff into a shitty generic Phantasy Star Online bite-off with waifus

3. When US fans wanted a full port/localization of Shining Force 3, Sega and its vindictive employees told the campaign to fuck itself and began dcma'ing everything under the sun, including the bigger e-cock celebs like Total Biscuit—both to piss on western fans and also to game YT's algorithms to put all of Sega's official Shining content as priority for any attempted searches.

Largely as a cock sleeve for Tony Taka's shitty designs and mediocre art skills, as well as leftover ideas and even obscure game hijacks from other IP, coated in shit waifus.

My hopes for Camelot redeeming the once-powerful juggernaught that was Shining Force does not exist. The series is dead.

Camelot had nothing to do with Landstalker or Alundra and the original Shining Games on Genesis were only co-developed with the people who made Nectaris aka Military Madness aka Hexagonal Advance Wars on the Moon.

I don't think I ever noticed that back leg there.

I just want to fuck Riemsianne and raise demon butterfly babies with her

Too bad Nintendo doesn't have a platform anyone wants to play it on.

Yeah it's fucking baffling to hear just how much sega hated, HATED camelot. Aside from the supposed diary in SF3 SC3 which apparently tells of how sega abandoned them at the very end to go work on the dreamcast, I remember hearing one interview where one of the devs devs basically said Sega gave them the bare minimum for a budget on shining force 2 -the 5th god damned game in a successful series- and a year to make it happen, and if they could do it they'd be be out the door immediately. That kind of hostility just isn't normal.

Someone at Camelot must've dipped his pocky in a Sega higher up's tea.

What if Camelot made a Shining style TRPG, but based it around Pokemon and called it "Shiny Force", just to wag their dicks at Sega?

Shit with all this hate Camelot is better off making a spiritual successor IP meme.

Even Treasure also got the shit on the stick, look at Dynamite Headdy's real final boss.

Would still be much better than any more Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem is such a trash franchise holy shit

My dick is ROCK HARD for this happening if it does.

Fuck you monkey's paw.

I also want this.

Worst case scenario, I want spiritual successors in the Golden Sun universe. Best case, Camelot actually gets their wag and maybe throws in a GS cameo.