Magical Alignments

So you're given a choice of what kinda mage you wanna be, what do you choose? Personally I have always been fond of thunder and fire magic but occasionally ill go holy magic. I know a lot of you love necromancy and summoning magic but I have never been a fan of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1063119/970493462b/
allthetropes.org/wiki/Reality_Warper
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis/
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0010/feature1/fulltext.html
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0103/feature1/fulltext.html
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/data/2001/08/01/html/ft_20010801.5.fulltext.html
youtu.be/6Ug8Q8xedx0?t=171
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy necromancy.

How the hell does that work?

Ancestor worship and such.

Ghost magic? I suppose that's pretty cool.

Is there a kind of magic that makes enemies uncontrollably shit themselves just curious

Blue mage. Always.

Brown Magic.

It depends on the context. If it was in real life, Red Mage. I could heal myself and burn people to death. No complaints there. It would be pretty godly in a world full of people with no power, even though it tends to be mediocre in games. Especially later on, when the other classes start to get really good and can use the best spells in the game.

I really like Blue Mages, though. They are my favorite. It's a really interesting concept. Possibly the most versatile type. Unlimited possibilities, but of course, it wouldn't work in a setting where enemies can't cast anything useful.

Not a Final Fantasy like everything else that I mentioned, but Necromancy is cool. I still wouldn't do it, because dead things must smell like death, and fuck that. Not putting up with that shit, even though it's powerful as hell.

That's basically how Dunmer were in Morrowind. Everybody had a family tomb guarded by the animated corpses of past family members. Granted usually family members who fucked up somehow and needed to regain their honour by serving after death, but still it was all part of their sanctioned religious and traditional practices.

Satanic trap magic is the best kind of magic.

Miracle build

Not just ghosts, but relics too.

Fuck mages, it's Warlock time.
Fire magic? Check.
Shadow magic? Check.
Demons? Check.

Necromancy, as long as it involves large numbers.
Or something earth-flavored if it involves large singular entities. Giant boulders, big beautiful walls and the likes.

You keep that vile sorcery locked up in your secret tombs, faglock.

A MOTHER-FUCKING GUN-MAGE!

My IRL idea of a Blue mage is that you could learn any skill from anyone just by observing, just imagine the amounts of salt you could collect by doing people's shit better than them after watching it

Edgy, and shit. White witchery is cooler.

Dookiemancer

But that's a thing that can happen in real life already.

A gun mage without it being gay.

Well, their skills wouldn't be magic, so I don't think it would work like that. It would only be useful if you could get other things to use their magic on you, and then survive it.

But if that was the case, then Blue Mages would be completely unstoppable.

Elf detected.

Someone who wants what you want should have played Diablo II, but you didn't mention it. So for anyone who hasn't played it, Diablo II's necromancer can make big, beautiful walls out of bone and protect them with armies of skeletal border patrolmen. He can also deport demons back to hell with magic missiles.

I'm not much of a necromancer though. I'm all about making enchanted weapons.

Jewish sorcery

Probably the best since they can do some white and black magic too (Regen and Meteor).

Slow, Stop, Haste, Old (reduce stats), Regen, Meteor, Warp, Return (reset battle), Gravity (1/4's HP but more interesting if you can increase the gravity forces on others), Float, and Mute are all good skills.

My nigga.

A manly mage. Not actually a mage, but a berzerker who runs around in a bath robe who shouts
"I CAST: FIST"
before punching someone.

Yeah enjoy getting shot with a bullet traveling a little slower than usual.

Muscle wizard would be my second choice.

Whatever magic lets me make the most money.

Alchemy but that's illegal.

Alchemy is just primitive chemistry, it's science, not magic.

Blue Mages learn non-magical skills in many games. In Final Fantasy Explorers, you could learn Goblin Punch and become a Jojo.

Do you play Pathfinder? You should look into Dreamscarred Press' Path of War books and then into the Fool's Errand martial discipline. A mage challenged the entire martial arts community to beat him in melee combat, masquerading as a melee fighter. He beat them all, revealed he was using magic the whole time, and called training the body over the mind a fool's errand. The defeated martial artists ended up developing a fighting style based on him out of spite, and named it after his remark.

It has a high level attack called Utter Commitment where you just punch something so hard it creates a 30' conical shockwave behind them, dealing AoE damage.

What's elfish about mysticism?

It was the precursor to science, but it's pretty distinct. They did a whole lot of extremely esoteric stuff with alchemy that was blatantly magic in concept. Remember, the two didn't really differ for most of human history.

Oh shit. I just realized that alchemy is primitive magitech.

Fair enough, but if you know they're going to pull a gun then casting slow should give you plenty of time to beat them as they SLOWLY pull out the gun.

Doesn't matter anyways. Any mage can be capped

That makes twice I've seen someone post webms of people using magic tricks on animals. Are you the one who posted the monkey acting all stupefied at the card trick?

That's heresy.

Strago from FF6 doesn't need to be hit with the magic to learn it, he just needs to see it, be it cast from an enemy or an ally

Depends on what setting we're talking about. In Full Metal Alchemist it's pretty much straight up magic most of the time.

If the magic system allows a little leapfrogging into other mage's skills. I pick white mage and bide for MegaFlare

fuck that, I want to be a wizard!

I would have gone for a non-evil dark magic preferably a non-evil version of necromancy and then I would try to act as non-edgy and non-evil as I possibly can because I really like the idea of "Dark is not evil".

Electricity, to electrocute my enemies while I strangle them.

And they say what you don't know can't hurt you.

Cosmomancer

No, I saved that webm in April.

Fun, yes. A shame they're on the weak side, though. In many cases, the whole resurrection/summon thing was more practical.
Not that anything could really match pre-nerf hammerdins.
Heroes of Might and Magic was pretty great in terms of amassing a ridiculous army of the skeletal persuasion.

Oh well here is the other one. I should learn magic to spook animals. That sounds like fun.

raw telekinesis would just be stupidly useful. Teleportation as well I suppose, but telekinesis would just be brutally powerful.

Teleportation is super dangerous without fail safes.

Beguiler

Gun magic best magic.

Bretty gud

Teleportation is just an "I win" button if you use it on your enemies. Even invulnerable or immortal shit loses to it.

Science, I think I've heard of that. It's like Enchanting but crazy right?

True, unless they have protection against such things. It would be funny to teleport somebody into the marinas trench just for shits, and giggles.

I would choose to be a negromencer

The dark artes are forbidden, user.

Sounds pretty talmudic. Go ask your local synagogue.

Don't you mean black magic?

I was trying to sound more esoteric. But sure. That.

A master of Woke Magic.

Habermancy.
Hat Magic.

Punch wizard is truly the best wizard

artificer

I want to be a Magitek engineer. Something about making machines cast magic spells for you while you cast other spells sooths my autism.

where dis from mane?

Noah (2014)

thx

Is that an ancient buttplug?

But then Blue Mage would be just a Mime.

Illusionist.

Danmaku?

I personally prefer ice and blood magic

I was more thinking turning the big bad into a hat and helicoptering it in front of their spouse, but danmaku works too

BLOODBENDING

How dare you remind me about that abortion.

Why worry about your enemies when they are too slow to ever touch you?

Priests are always the best. Prove me wrong.

A Baguettemancier.

When things go bad in a group the healer is blamed.

Well I guess that would suck for someone who came in with the goal of healing.

You will be kicked from the group to make room for a damage focused caster because you will not heal.

Shekelmancer.

But 55 Monk is more viable solo.

Then you, and your trips better get used to playing alone.

What was psychological magic called? Like mind control, mind warp, mind break, telepathy etc.
It's super useful unless you want to fight.

Priests aren't healers.

Then what good are you then? We already have paladins.

POISON MAGIC, MOTHERFUCKERS

I want to cast a handful of spells and completely incapacitate my opponents. Moar debuffs, moar crowd control, MOAR FUCKING DOTS. You will be taking damage constantly and there will be nothing at all you can do about it. Use a fucking antidote? Nice job wasting your turn, I'll just DO IT AGAIN.

CURSES, YOU SONS OF WHORES

I would waste motherfuckers with curses. I would lay curses DOWN on motherfuckers. I want to win battles not because I outplayed my opponent, but because I sucked the very will to live out of him. I want him to give up. I want him to fucking QUIT rather than face me again.
All debuffs, all day. Even better if I can combine them for mix-and-match effects, or if there are supplemental spells which are more effective on debuffed enemies.

Anti-magic. :^)

Paladins are just knights, they don't necessarily commune with forces higher than the material world. A priest can turn bread and wine into flesh and blood.

I've never heard of a game where the priests are basically jesus christ. Then again I usually don't get too in depth with the magic systems a lot.

Reminds me of this. exhentai.org/g/1063119/970493462b/

I tend to prefer magic that works "cleanly" and with a lot of utility. Intermediaries like corpses and totems and magical fucking butterflies are the opposite of "clean". If I'm blowing stuff up I want to throw fireballs straight from my fingertips, not vials of some shit or exploding bats for that matter.

So in that sense I go for the purest mage classes. If that's just "wizard" instead of "necromancer" or "summoner" or "witch doctor" than fine. If I have to specialize further I'd go with pure arcane or the more direct elements, which really depends on how the typical fire/frost/lightning are balanced (is lightning straight damage, RNG or stun-based?, is fire straight damage or DOT based?)

Holy/Healer all the way. Only the CGI experts that make the wow marketing cinematics can represent such majestic revival of team mates.
Can .webm user help a nigga out?

AEGIS MUTHAFUCKA

psychic ectoplasmic power armor

Oh shit. We got someone who knows in here.

t. Vitalist.

Ur gay, lmao.

t. Dread

See OP's picture.
In FF necromancy is strictly a white mage thing.

Lightning magic always holds an appeal to me. It travels instantly unless you're playing fucking elder scrolls and tends to inflict stun effects. You usually also get haste or teleport effects.

I've never seen one of those run. How are they?

Vitalist is awesome, though. Easily my favorite base class out of all of d20. Intercessor Method, then throw Sadist and Life Leech on it and you're like the NYSE of hitpoints, and you control the coming and going. The new book for the High Lord class adds some awesome options for using the Collective.

Lightning's slow as shit. Get light magic.

And the ball lightning spells that do crazy AOE. It was probably my favourite spell in magic carpet.

You just made me fall in love with Megumin. Now I have to watch both seasons and the special. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Present day … present time … ha ha ha ha

It's not a drug, but you have to jump through the same kinds of hoops to get it.

allthetropes.org/wiki/Reality_Warper

Oh know that fucking feel. I used to walk across corn fields for an agronomy job. But rather than cut down an impenetrable mass like in the pic, I'd slip through the stalks. I was so constantly in contact with the stalks and leaves it was almost like sensory deprivation, and at times I'd start hallucinating, seeing and hearing things that weren't there. I'd hear various growls and and see movement and shapes right in the corner of the eye. You think that this coupled with the fact that rarely I'd come across a badger (aggressive) or skunk (not aggressive, they practice MAD and will ignore you if you ignore them usually) would cause paranoia and fear but not really. You do enter a state of "zen" and learn how to instantly snap into an "I've suddenly got to kill something" mode when I came across a badger that wanted to fight.

When experienced it takes about 30 minutes to get across a single quarter (the half mile by half section which a big circle in it that you see in kansas), but while doing checks you be in there for 45 mins.

I really like this idea too actually, shame the only thing I know that does this is fucking yu-gi-oh.

Light magic is cool, but pretty limited in most systems. Blindness is always a good effect too.

Whatever has the biggest damage output, the glassiest of cannons always
Anything past direct buffs or debufs to amplify the damage you're gonna deal immediately afterwards is for fags

Is that a Blue wearing a Psionkiller?

Aegis is a base class designed around psionically generating a suit of armor. It's a decent way to play a magical Iron Man type character.

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis/

Debuffs, status ailments, that sort of thing. I think it's because they are typically useless in alot of games and I'm sick of using other types of magic, so they seem more interesting in comparison.

Necromancy and alchemy are the best shit ever and anyone who doesn't think so has brain damage

Also, any proper field of magic like necromancy will incorporate a little bit of everything, so the distinction is pretty meaningless unless you're talking about something super specific like a single element

Pyromancer, cook shit to a crisp, then eat it

its for candles you degenerate

More like anti-fun amirite?
Invoker can eat shit.

Did you actually kill badgers, then, or did company policy say you had to leave animals alone? I've never worked a job like that; it seems super interesting.

As for the pic, the entire story was published as a three-parter in National Geographic during the turn of the millennium under the title "MegaTransect." It's an excellent read about a guy who walked laterally across Africa from one coast to the other:
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0010/feature1/fulltext.html
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0103/feature1/fulltext.html
ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/data/2001/08/01/html/ft_20010801.5.fulltext.html

Trying to make poison types viable in Pokemon Black and Black 2 was so frustrating. I'm still baffled that no matter how much you build around DoTs, battles just aren't long enough or interesting enough for them to be worth the trouble.

That was way more funny than I was expecting.

Gesundheit is our lord and savior.

Mystic Alchemist who specializes in enchantments. Find a gun mage buddy and love life.

Black Mages are so goddamn cute

what manga is the first two from?

Feed yourself nigger. You have more than enough information.

Didnt know the niggers from /a/ posted here outside of their containment board.

I'm sorry for your incompetence.

You do know you're not supposed to be here if you're underage, right?

THE TYPE OF MAGIC THAT ALLOWS ME TO KILL KNIFE EARS!!!

I see your Wakfu is strong

go back to fucking reddit you idiot

I guess dobson posting is cuckoldry too

I wouldn't know which scenes to pull from the Harry Potter movies to make this into a webm and this frustrates me.

Best chance would be the 4th movie, but I'm uncertain even then what scene. Maybe you could abuse the troll scene from the first one and replace the professor but that takes work.

space magic

Blood magic
Or just Life magic if we're doing expanded universes. Mages are fucking overpowered

Jesus kriest
Context?

I worked for a private agronomist, and killing shit was part of the job. Sometimes, we'd take the day off from scouting and murder hundreds of jackrabbits with .17 hmr rifles. A single jackrabbit will take out hundreds of corn plants that are sprouting in a single day. Multiply that by hundreds more rabbits and a few weeks, and a farmer will end up with a hole in their field, which results in a shitton of weeds. Killed only 2 badgers (with a shovel), and came across 6 others that wisely retreated before they got fully shoveled as well. Killed load of rattlesnakes too. The most dangerous animal though where the deer that try to run in front of your vehicles.
This was no place for fucking hippies.

I loved what I was doing, and while I learned to appreciate the beauty in the area (southwest kansas), I finally decided I needed to do something similar somewhere other than fucking kansas so I fucked off to the pacific northwest. I was tough but satisfying work. Funny thing was, I grew up in a big town/small city and agriculture stuff never occurred to me earlier in life until I sat down and thought long and hard about what I need to actually be happy and functional (I've got some depressive and/or ADD issues that can show up in certain situations). The key to being happy for me was being outside and working hard, doing computer shit for a job may as well be a death sentence.

You start off walking fields in the spring and shits pretty easy and nice as long as you can walk for long hours (with breaks being driving between fields). You basically act like a detective, looking for insect damage, burned roots from ammonia fertilizer being too close the the roots, constricted roots because planting happened when it was too wet. Eventually the crops get taller and start pollinating which will fuck you up if you are allergic (I am, mostly to grasses, like corn) though wearing goggles (which I recommend anyways when the corn gets tall and stabby), a dust mask and a head towel will help, as well as immunology shots. Things are also hot as hell. You can get weeks of 110 degree temperature, and you're constantly wearing long sleeves both to protect from the corn and from the sun.

There's a whole lot of suck, but you just deal with it as it slowly comes and eventually realize you don't give a fuck.

There's a lot of good opportunity in agriculture if you are capable of refusing to whine or give up. Unfortunately the pay typically isn't the greatest.
Stay away from sprayer applicator jobs though. They are high stress, high chemical exposure, high legal exposure, and will fuck you up because fields are bumpy as hell and constantly riding across them for a few decades will wreck your back and joints.

Thanks for the links, those are interesting. Here's some pictures of kansas weather.

So wait, we talking in normal daily life, in fantasy world daily life, or on a combat heavy save-the-world quest? This is important, and will effect my decision.

Also we talking video game logic or not? Because buffing spells in real world logic would be awesome, but in video game logic might be kinda lame.

That's kind of sad to think about, but I understand why it had to be done. F

Dick-o-mancy

An indestructable dick and body, to fuck everything to death with.

On a more serious note, it depends. Every type has it's appeal.
I usually go elemental or holy.

Always been partial to fire magic

Yeah, I don't have an ounce of hate for them, and I'm not big on killing non-pest animals. The unfortunate fact is both me and the badger realize we are too close at nearly the same time, and because they are territorial and very aggressive there isn't usually the luxury of waiting to see if it fucks off. They WILL fuck up a leg if you aren't ready to throw down. If it's in shovel range I immediately used the flat of the shovel to whack them on the head which will stun them usually, but they can be tough fuckers.

Fun fact, sometimes coyotes will sometimes tag along with badgers hunting to get the things it misses.
Cattle egrets do something similar and follow cows that stir up insects as they walk.
There is also indication that ravens will follow and call out wound or sick animals for wolves to attack.

Yiss.

Even worse. I put the author's name in the very post he responded to

Chronomancer, so I could go back in time and start again.

Goblet of Fire had this scene.
youtu.be/6Ug8Q8xedx0?t=171
Could use editing to crudely put shot-guns over the top of their staves.
The rhythm wouldn't match Pumped Up Kicks though. Plus one of them is wearing kossak style clothes.
Something from this clip might help you, since it's the foreign visitors.

Negromancy

fucking CHECKED

TK is god mode at higher levels.

Right I guess in all seriousness I would choose explosion wizard.

Damn you beat me to that joke.

Lolimancer. Has the Aramancer subclass too.

American voice actors don't even fucking try, and want to be paid more for this garbage.

>teleport any bike into your own pocket dimension crib
Which is it?

But user, all skeles are white by default. It’s just they got stuck with a different model of mobile suit. Sort of like the difference between a Zaku and a Gundam.

They may be hwhite, but they still got nig-shaped noggins.

A Dread is basicly a guy that pulls out literal nightmares from the dreamscape and makes you fight them.
Lorewise, they're the embodiment of fear.

Basically the power to control hordes of niggers and have them do your bidding; raising them after death is an optional as their birthrate is already incredibly high.

Is that the politically correct term for a nizzard?

What are they chanting in the background? "no white male community looks like" ? I am a bit confused.

HEH

Eh, necromancy and other dark magics. Why wouldn't you? They're easily the most overpowered types of magic out there, not even holy magic can compete because the entire point of it is to just help mitigate the damage that dark magics can cause

If I have the choice I'd take jack of all trades/master of none, unless not specializing made you pretty underpowered in which I case I'd take one of the following:

I always liked utility mages. Teleporting, gatering information, getting into places you shouldn't. Niche effects that you can build around that wouldn't be useful otherwise

Don't know about the weebshit mage classes, but generally I like holy magic.