Unapologetic Nostalgia Thread

Any britfags remember this gem? I could play the demo disks for weeks, I kinda miss that feeling of getting the new issue and playing all the pretty lengthy demos. Also the shit they could get away with in the reviews and articles was hilarious back then. Still have fond memories of playing the Medievil, Silent Hill, Metal gear and C12 demos repeatedly, even better when you got the rare full game on there

There were times when you could get game soundtracks, mods and Warcraft 3 vods on such demo disks. Neat shit.

I STILL SAY THIS IS AN AMAZING GAME. FUCK THOSE FAGGOTS WHO SAY OTHERWISE.

Holla Forums is such a hipster.

I bought that mag, played the demo disc too. It was an entire mission on it pretty great.

Kill yourself attentionwhore

These posts? All me. :^)

Anyone got any scans of the old issues?

Those mags were pretty good when I had no internet. I remember spending hours in San Andreas looking for Bigfoot after all the articles came out about it. It was a simpler time.

I remember there being a MGS3 issue of PSM and it had a demo disc that included pretty much the entire virtuous mission. I played the shit out of that.

anyone got anything?

I'm nostalgic for the time when I could enjoy video games.

Yes. Yes. Yes. God I wish I had kept a few.

Get a job, faggot

I used to read these. I loved the memory card stickers.

I've been playing some sixth generation games for the first time because of Xbox One backward compatibility. Crimson Skies and Black were great and Fusion Frenzy is fun with friends in the same room. Going to dig into Ninja Gaiden Black soon, hope I can do it, I remember it was considered nearly impossible back in the day. Hope they add more games. The low resolution really made these games look like shit back in the day.

Even though I never played them before I still liked these, so it's not nostalgia, sixth generation is good. The last time we had full games on a disc at the time of purchase. Now we are reliant on the online servers (for patches etc) for all games. Seventh generation preservation is going to be a fucking nightmare.

You obviously never played them "back in the day" then.
At the time they were cutting edge and these games looked fucking amazing.

I had that issue and demo disc, must have beaten it like 10 fucking times it was so. FUCKING. GOOD.
It shows my age to youngfags but to see that shit running on a fucking PSone, something smaller than VHS casette was fucking mindblowing. God what a solid experience.

lost a few hours on those.

Great 10/10 Music. However, upon returning to play it 24 years latter the final adjudication is game was unfinished garbage with untapped potential. Nostalgia is strong with it, I still want to love it dispute its flaws. While I doubt it, I am secretly hoping the remake restores cut content and improves the diamond in the rough. Both Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger were once apart of the same project that was canceled and retooled at the last minute. It was meant to be for the canceled CD system Nintendo was working on with Sony. It had potential but ultimately is a shit game compared to other action RPG's. Secret of Mana was also painfully boring because it was far too easy. While many may be triggered by this statement, its honestly not ridiculous to say that FFXV is objectively a better game and if you don't believe me replay Secret of Mana in CY+++. Final Fantasy Adventure, Seiken Densetsu 3, Secret of Evermore, Legend of Mana and Sword of Mana hold up much better.
watching paint dry with friends can also be fun

I never read any gaming magazines, I grew up with Xbox 360.

At the time, sure.

But running original Xbox games on Xbox One X or the PC version of Silent Hill 2 or whatever shows that the games STILL look great but are held back by the resolution. It's really sad. We didn't need all this other shit, just a resolution bump.

I'm a spaniard, still have most euro demo discs.

Please, for the love of god, stop talking like reddit. It's embarrassing.