If a part of game's content only available online...

If a part of game's content only available online, and you're playing game offline because either you don't have internet or you pirated it or whatever, do you think it's ok to cheat to get online content/rewards?
I'm obviously not talking about mmos there, but single player games with online component because that's apparently the trend now.

Why wouldn't it be ok? And it's less cheating that cracking locked down content.

It's kinda shitty when game one part of the game built around grinding online like some mmo, while the rest is alright.

Is it from playing against other players?
Are there no local game features ie: LAN/Splitscreen?
Cheat if there isn't. It's a shit excuse.

Any type of nominally-singleplayer game that forces someone to find another person or get online in order to actually experience all the content is blatantly anti-consumer. Of course it's okay to avoid subjecting yourself to that bullshit.

I'm still up in the air about this one.
Especially since now you can wonder trade literally any "game exclusive" for their counterpart in like 3 seconds.

If it has a single player offline option but there are content that was locked to online only. Most of the time the reason has nothing to do with game balance but pure fucking kikery. Mod the fuck away to get it if you want it for single player.
Actual example, Diablo2 with certain runewords locked in Realms only.

Pure pve.
Cheating in competitive anything is cancer.

That's a good example going all the way back.

I cheat in basically every single multiplayer game I play. From aimbots to scripts.Anything to win.

You dont buy such a game you cockggobler goyboy. No one doing this deserves your money.
You do deserve the opportunity to check these digits

ebin

Well the only competitive genre I've ever played was GG Reload with netplay mod and some GGPO a good few years back, never met any cheaters.
I'm not trying to moralfag you, but in shooter games or what not do you really feel like you win if you had unfair advantage over your opponents.
I can understand griefing, but cheating to win is kinda sad.

Well I pirated the game that made me go and create this thread. I hope that makes you feel better, since there is nothing to check.

Why would I play such a shitty game?

Sure. You're paying for the hardware it's running as part of, aren't you?

Yes, but only if it makes sense based on my progression in the game and doesn't fuck up the difficulty by making it too easy. I hate having overpowered shit with no effort, if it's a skin, who cares? But if it's something that makes me one shot everything/skip gameplay i just ignore it

Yes, but more likely I just wouldn't play it at all. I only play games offline single-player games, partly because I don't ever want to get invested in something that can be taken away by corporations who will inevitably decide, one day, that the servers aren't profitable enough to keep running.
My viewpoint probably stems from the fact that I'm not a one-and-done gamer; I regularly go back and replay old games. I use games (and other media) as a source of enjoyment in the act, rather than as a tool for constantly seeking novelty, which seems to be a very common attitude. (And one that is probably a recipe for burnout.)

I used a mod that allowed online content from Monster Hunter Tri be available in offline wii version.
Its useless nowadays with MH3portable though.

Pokemon Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2 are amazing experience.

That's tricky question.
I'm emulating it.

Fucking DQ9 did this.

First of all, we had a shitty satellite internet connection so my DS couldn't connect to the thing, because it wasn't a router. That meant no online, so I only got maybe 40% of the postgame shit and severely limited stuff, including fewer classes

Secondly, Nintendo's online services has at least 4-6 fucking services and accounts and I can't keep track of them all so I don't bother, and in addition the UI for it on a console is slow and clunky as fuck.

Finally, the content was time gated so you'd have to connect to the update server weekly for 28 weeks to get all the stuff. Guess what? It's literally one byte of data that's set on your save file that determines what content you have access to, and the game is literally impossible to 100% now without cheating because you require to connect to a server that doesn't exist any more

who cares if you cheat in a singleplayer game? the only experience you're changing is your own. do whatever you want.

On someone else's computer?

Nobody would think less of you for changing those shitty on-disc DLC values from 0 to 1.

There's a difference between it being sanctioned by the devs as a feature, and it being done by a third party cheat.

It's more irritating than that. You'd have to sit around with a guide and cheatengine/code generator and fuck with the game's memory every time you wanted to
1) do postgame shit
2) buy any of the 60 FUCKING PERCENT OF THE GAME'S EQUIPMENT FROM THE ONLINE SHOP
3) use any online-locked features

Coupled with the dogshit 8-4 localization, I just nope the fuck out and go back to playing DQ3 (SNES)

Why are you asking us? Just do whatever you want ya faggot.