Christmas Thread

What are you hoping for?
What are you getting for someone else?
Need advice on what to get (for yourself or others)?

Hopefully my grandma actually fucking listens this year and gets me a $50 Steam giftcard instead of a shitty $35 one

I don't care about gifts; I just want certain family members to be on better terms with each other.

I want to spend Christmas alone, away from all the noise and all the obnoxious family members pretending to not hate each other.

I hope she gets you nothing

faggot.

Swift, peaceful death in my sleep.

Good idea. Me, I'll have a drink to take the edge off in the case I end up spending any time with family members

I'm gonna spend it drinking alone, like always. The only thing I want is no hangover the next day.

nigger it is not even thanksgiving yet

Fuck you, commie.

IT'S FUCKING NOVEMBER
Holy shit even the radio is playing christmas songs and has been for a whole fucking week.

Death or catgirls made real.
I can't stand Christmas and I can't be fucked to put up the act of pretending to like family members I really hate.

Is your family a bunch of degenerate leftists too?

stop being silly OP

I'm hoping for some family funds so I can get a decent graphics card, I've been looking at a gtx 1080 so I don't have to worry for the next few years, or probably a new knife Ka-bars are always comfy.

Mate, I work retail, you have no fucking idea how bad it is.
We had to ship all of our summer inventory to temporary storage, which was 20 palettes worth of shit, all of which had to be meticulously counted and noted down. While we were packing those, we started getting palettes of sleds (keep in mind, this was in late October). Last week of October, we emptied our entire outdoors section because it's at the front of the store, and then had to construct an entire wall of shelves in the middle of that section (which I had to do alone because I'm the only guy in our department).

We then spent the next few weeks setting out all the Christmas toys in by one wall, as well as the middle, the Christmas lights in the other wall. Everything has to have meticulously precise layouts, and the dumb bitch of a store manager that we have walked around every day, pointing out how X and Y were not to her liking. The lights, for example, the more expensive ones have to be exactly at the height of an average human's eyesight, so that they'd see them first. The cheaper ones, as well as the most specific types, go towards the bottom and top. The toys were all set up by color, which is dumb, since some colors have far more types than others yet got the same amount of shelf space. Red, the most popular color, has the exact same shelf space as pink, and it's no wonder that half of the product isn't even on display.

I also had to handle storage of Christmas trees, which there are 40 types of in our store. We had to set them all out on display (which also involves spreading all the branches which really fucks up your fingers after a full day of it). Then store the boxes under the trees, and had to number all of those because retarded normalfags can't into barcodes. Sounds easy, but it's hundreds of fucking boxes, and they won't supply us with actual sticky numbers, so we have to make our own.

Oh, and we had audit people come on the 12th, to bitch and moan at us. Surprisingly the manager managed to keep them at bay.
And we had our launch then. Official launch of Christmas sales, on the 13th of NOVEMBER. This coincides with a full week of us being open for an hour extra and the start of everything going on sale.
And people are coming in to buy.
For what fucking purpose, niggers, it's fucking November, we still have thousands of everything in storage, both in the store and out, what the fuck are you niggers doing.

Sage for blogpost.

For the most part yes but luckily they rarely talk about politics outside of what shitty news medias have been saying. Everyone in my family hates each other and I can't stand the fakeness over a single holiday, then once it ends its back to same old shit of petty back-talking and he said/she said.

A job that I can tolerate for longer than a month so that I can save some fucking money and do fun things.
I'm not getting anything if I don't get a job before christmas
I'd get myself some whiskey if I could. Been wanting to try some.

Cleanse them.

Hope she gets thugs to beat up her ungrateful grandson.

This is bait

My parents always just ask me what I want so they don't have to go through the trouble of trying to make an educated purchase. I'll tell them to get me some booze, a steam gift card, and a new office chair. If they don't get me anything, though, I don't give a shit.
No job means no money means no expectations from anyone around you.
No.

Christmas isn't even a Christian tradition anymore, it's just "the annual end-of-the-year corporate sponsored mass consumption event" so I don't give a shit about the theme or the people who buy into it. Fuck your trees, fuck your tinsel, fuck your mistletoe, fuck your eggnog, fuck family gatherings, fuck asshats who get triggered when you don't explicitly say, "Merry Christmas", fuck your light displays, and fuck your "let's all put our true feelings aside and pretend to be happy together just this once" facade. No, I'm not mad, I'm just bitter.

Cute Mikoto dude. I used to work night stock, so I know what it's like getting flooded with tons of freight every night. Was stocking up on Halloween sale junk back in August before they let me go. Now I pack boxes for a shipping company. Wonder how bad it'll get here.

No one is getting me anything

I am getting nothing for anyone

Need advice on what to get (for yourself or others)?
Cancer, so I can finally die.

What are you hoping for?
To fucking kill myself

I wish I had a family to spend Christmas with.

>>>/cuckchan/

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Death, if I can't have that then I atleast want happiness in my life.

If for the next few weeks my life and plan aren't being flushed into the gutter, I'm planning to get my best friend a vidya, or something.

Next you'll wish you don't have a group of inbred shitbags you're stuck with called a 'family'.

Ghost, pls.

Honestly, nothing. But I know that won't happen, as my family feels obligated to get me stuff, even if I have no real material wants at this point.

Might get around to grabbing my brother a copy of Cuphead. I still need to get around to playing Shovel Knight, which he got me last year.

There's not much that I want. But I inadvertently found out that my parents got me a Switch. Should I be excited? I haven't owned a console since the PS2.

I'm buying a new duvet set for my mother's new bed. I got my dad a full set of new tires for his car. Still contemplating other gifts, I like practical gifting.

Recommended Switch games I guess.

I'm rather content right now as far as what I want, though some money in case I find something at a good price at a local shop, be it video or anime, is always welcome to have when I need it (would hate to have a case passing up on something like Yakuza 2 for $12; glad I had the money when I found that one). As for getting things for others, the only person I really have issues getting stuff for is a friend, since he never knows what he wants and trying to pick up something he'll actually get around to playing or watching is hard. Just giving him money isn't that feasible either as he rarely buys anything anyhow.

I've still got my birthday before then though, so right now it a matter of trying to figure out what I want for both. Usually the money I get for the former goes back out in the form of gifts for friends and family anyhow though.

I had to do a last minute candy run after some asshole stole my friend's family cauldron and all the candy in it on Halloween night. Wasn't even midnight yet and the grocery stores were already getting Christmas stuff all over. And speaking of Halloween, stores here immediately start getting stuff set out for it right after July 4th. No longer is a month's holiday preparations kept to the same month (or, in the case of early-in-month ones like July 4th, at least a few weeks in the prior month), but instead are an entire fucking season that starts long before the actual holiday.

You remind me of this fag.

Pagan Festivals are heretical

I hope it comes early this year and I die in my sleep.

I'm not hoping for shit because I have autism money, I can just buy whatever. I'll probably just visit my aunt in January but if my mom isn't satisfied with not having to get me anything then I'll go watch a movie or something. I'm going to get my sister a Wii U because she wants it and also so I don't have to play tug o' war with the Wii.

I'm not expectingg anything. Got no real family left. One friend, I guess. I got her a SNES classic because I remember her tagging along with her sister to hang out when we were all kids. She always liked playing my SNES and this seems like something she'll like. I might buy myself an mp3 player or dap or whatever they call them now. Not sure what kind but it'd be nice to have. I hope I can catch Rudolph this year. It's the only thing I still like about the holidays and just streaming it somehow feels wrong compared to watching it normally.

You should leave too, you know

A quick painless death would be nice. Or better anti-depressants I guess.

feels bad man

I want a (literal) toaster. And a laundry hamper, since I currently use a laundry bag, and I'm getting sick of it. And maybe a new coffee table.
I don't ask my parents for vidya anymore.

getting my nephew's and nieces a SNES classic I'm modding with about 200 or so games. Getting my nieces some nice clothes, my mom a new photography hard cover coffee table book;Alfred Stieglitz's Camera Work, getting my nephew a few play sets. I think I'll get my sister some movies or TV series she might enjoy - considering the cool stranger things "VHS" thing they have at target. Maybe a few more books for her kids too.

As for me I'd like to get the art of moebius to satisfy my panzer dragoon fetishism.

It sucks being a poorfag.

Most people start Christmas shopping on Black Friday, which is less than a week away.

Meteor hiting Hollywood.
Some pragmatic gifts for my family. These that they wanted to have.
No, thanks.

Nothing
Nothing

I'm hoping for liberal tears. I am a realist when asking for shit for Christmas.

Online full-time job that pays
Servitude for monetary gain
How to land the job

Happiness and purpose in life
Disappointmentfor my family
Any ideas for a nice present for a mother?

Socks and shorts. Made enough money on my own to buy games so practical gifts for me are much more viable. A backup set of glasses would be a major thing too.
Sister is getting regifted a recliner that l got from a neighbor moving, parents getting books and mugs

How about a grandkid?

Yea, everyone needs a portable phone charger. Its useful everyday, makes life much more less of a pain too. Search Amazon and type in Anker, there is a 20,000 mAH power bank for $31, assuming you have Amazon Prime. Very good deal, and basically can charge a phone from 0 to 100% like 6 times. No need to go to the wall for 2 weeks.

That's western consumerism for you. They depend more and more on the christmas sales to get by.

I want a new pair of garden sheers, and a greenhouse.

>Implying i dont want to
But you know, its kinda hard to do this alone

PADORU PADORU

REMINDER THAT CHRISTMAS ACTUALLY STARTS ON THE 25TH AND GOES ON FOR 12 DAYS.
And then Old Christmas starts.

OP it's not even thanksgiving yet.
Hoping for my state to stop being retarded but no Christmas miracle outside of the second coming of Jesus would save this hellhole. So maybe some clothes, I don't really know.
Probably will just ask them later.
Unless you are really good at guessing what they want, just ask. It may not be a surprise, but it's better than giving them a gift they don't want.

What, that works for those emulation boxes? I hadn't heard that, but then again I hadn't really looked much into it myself. If true though, hopefully you can inspire some decent taste in games/tolerance of games older than they are in at least a handful of the younger generation. Teach them how to safely download and emulate while you're at it though.

Going to laugh hard if Trump sends out a tweet along the lines of "To where applicable, enjoy a nice, safe white Christmas" and spawns days if not weeks of autistic screeching from the usual suspects.

they're all younger than 5. I'm giving them a ton of games so they'll have it for their childhood, it's not connected to the internet and they don't need to know how the sausage is made, just to have fun is all.

Having it in the SNES classic gives it a sense of authenticity and safety too.

Did you homebrew it for her?

You got 11 days faggots.

Lego Advent calendars
Family Heirloom Advent calendars
Alcohol Advent calendars
Homemade advent calendars
Store bought picture advent calendars
Not getting an advent calendar
Chocolate advent calendars

Interesting. Is the SNES Classic as a terminal region locked/authenticity locked for what games that added can be played, or is it "anything goes", fan-patched games included? If so, you might as well try putting BoF II on there with Watercrown's retranslation patch, since you're putting BoF I on there.

Unless she's rich as fuck, and you're the only one not getting summa dat, I'm going to assume she is a standard grandma, and you are a horrible person.

My brother bought an Xbone to play with his friends since his friends don't own an actual computer to play games on, so I'm probably to find some cheap exclusive like the Rare collection or the Halo one.

I don't know, don't really want anything besides a bigger home and a lovely wife.

I got a job, i got money so i really want to give my family presents. Don't really know what to give.

I went into a coffee-shop last week, they played christmas-music and it just made my head spin and my heels doing likewise. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but i haven't met one person who likes christmas in October/November.

No one gives a fuck.

I just want this season to be comfy and happy. As much as I'd like to make a whole wishlist on shit I want it'd be nicer to just have a month or two not wanting to end it all. Also maybe some eggnog. Shit's great.

Instead of showing my appreciation by spending hundreds of big boy bucks I'm just going to draw a family portrait in crayon.
Hopefully they put it up on the fridge

Some decent seasonal game recommendations that I can pirate. Looking for comfy Fall or Winter games but I can't seem to find anything good worth getting.

Nothing.
Nothing.
No. I will not partake in this celebration of consumerism.

Friends to play vidyas with that doesn't turn into intolerable furfags or weebs.
Nothing
How do I find my will to live

Implying I’m a fucking child.
Implying I have friends or living family.
Get necked, faggot.

Money. I'm gonna use it to buy new headphones.
Nothing, really. Might bake some cookies.

I'm hoping I die and get shot for Allah.
My advice is get euthanized.

Nothing
Nothing, or something for my parents. I've been thinking about taking up woodworking so I can give out nice things that I made myself to family and friends. But that'd be for 2018 or 2019 Christmas
Nah

You're a nigger

A girl I dated once did, and maybe she still does I would know, haven't been in contact with the whore for a year or two now. As far as holidays went, she only cared about Halloween and Christmas.

10 feet of snow, concurrently.
I'm getting random shit off of online deals from (((black friday week))) for myself and maybe others. I need to see what cookware folks are needing and other utilities because they don't have any entertainment interests that aren't satisfied by watching whatever's popular on netflix at the time. Also a 50 dollar bill for one dude who wants drones but also wants to be the one who goes out and buys it because he likes being a picky bastard. I'm going to have to surreptitiously figure out what anime my little sister is watching and buy a statuette or some other gimmicky fanshit for it. Funkopop if it's terrible.
Money is one of the best gifts for a dude but terrible for women because knowing or anticipating what they want is ingrained in today's societal expectations.

Nothing. I can buy whatever I wouldve used to want
I'm thinking of getting my dad a decent t.v, and/or my nephew a 3ds or switch.
Nah.

a happy and healthy holiday for me and my family.

money.

yes. i dont know what vidya to play next. i've been binge-playing my emulators but kind of want something new to play.

I won't be spending Christmas with my family because I'm about to go to boot camp.

CONSUME AND OVERPURCHASE MORE GOYIM FUCK YOUR FAMILY
>>>Holla Forums

ara ara~

Nothing. Christmas has been ruined for me, but I try not to ruin it for others.

Probably something my nephew and niece will like.

Not really. I'm not gonna get what I want, and it's just gonna be another shitty month for me.

I remember being twelve-years-old, and thinking $50 is a lot of money. They were simpler times. I also remember being twelve-years-old and needing to pay for video games; they were stupider times. Now I'm like every other adult; if I want something I'll fucking buy it myself. I can right now go and buy like fifty pounds of candy and several gallons of egg nog with just the loose bills in my wallet, and consume it until I puke and nobody can or will stop me. It's pretty shit, to be honest.

That said, I hope I get socks for Christmas. My father or uncle usually gets some from Costco, and they're very comfy; I can't get them myself because I don't have a membership, and I only have a few clean pairs left.

I was thinking of getting some more books for my five-year-old cousin, but I think he's already a lost cause when it comes to "book lernin"; the kid's an airhead youtube junkie who can barely read as it is — too much of his mother in him, I guess. Maybe I'll bake some shit for the rest of my family members, too. It's cheap and easy and nobody dislikes food.

How about you put that disposable income to use and get a washing machine?

How about you take that keyboard of yours and shove it right up your ass where it belongs? I use two or three pairs of socks, washing them after wearing them once, and then repeat until they fall apart from use. I keep unused and clean ones lying around in case I ever need socks that AREN'T caked with dirt from doing actual work, something you wouldn't know anything about.

If anything, I just want a couple more gigs of RAM and maybe a new pair of shoes. I don't need anything else. When I was a kid, I was spoiled rotten, getting gifts like electric guitars, bikes, and pianos. It made me feel bad that I had all this stuff that I rarely or never used, so I don't ask for anything anymore unless I know I'll use it in the future.

All I want are fun vidya and to get fucking good at drawing already, jesus fucking christ.

Does this work entail having to wash socks every three days like a peasant?
You're right, I wouldn't know anything about not being able to afford a proper wardrobe.
Socks to be you, I guess.

Mario is comfy, get challenging later on.
If you don't mind paying for online, Splatoon 2, Pokken, and Arms are supposed to be a good time.
If you didn't play the original, Mario Kart 8 DX is fun- but it has paid online and everyone has two item slots now. So there's even more bullshit to knock you out of first place.
Breath of the Wild is overrated for what it is, but if you enjoy what you see, it might work for you. Just don't expect much out of the games actual content like bosses and dungeons.
Xenoblade 2 is too far into the future to make a call on- even though it's out Dec 1st.
I'd highly recommend Shovel Knight if you don't have it. The DLC they keep releasing is like a new game almost (except maybe Plague Knight as it does use some of the same stages as Shovel Knight, but plays differently. I think it's bundled in anyway, and the touch screen makes Plague Knight's bomb creation much quicker).
Sonic Mania is probably the same on any platform, but it's an option. A great one at that.
Sonic Forces isn't even "so bad it's good". It's just bad and boring. Even people who liked the previous games admit it's more "Boost to Win" than ever. It's a straight line with a few bends and very basic platforming sections, enemies don't fight back, weapons are OP, etc.
If you find XCom too unfair, Mario + Rabbids isn't actually that bad. It turned out the best way it could have.
I thoroughly enjoyed a Disgaea game, and Dis 5 is "complete" on Switch (all DLC as far as I know). But, NISA are fuck-ups. Not just dodgy localization I can only speak for Dis 4, which I didn't find that bad. Unless serious scenes were made more comical, but past games have had console bricking glitches. Read up, and if you really want it, get it second hand.
Binding of Issac (Afterbirth +) is deemed an inferior version by fans. Something along the lines of Wrath of the Lamb + a fan mod or something. And it's better on PC anyway maybe?
Lego City Undercover had near constant crashes on the WiiU, and exploring just wasn't fun.
Evil Within 2 probably looks and runs better on other consoles or PC.

Get the fuck out, Carlos.

A painful death to all of you blogposting faggots

What are you into?

She'll be dropping you none-to-subtle hints. If she seems interested in something- get it. And if it's someone you want to bang, even if they genuinely didn't mean it as a hint- it shows you care about their interests and what they say.

Stardew Valley seems like a better version of Harvest Moon. The Pokemon games are great casual RPGs IMO. Odessy and Breath of the Wild are supposed to be comfy.
What do you prefer for you comfy games? Exploring nice looking places, or making something?

Without knowing who she is, follow my "hint dropping" advice above. Otherwise, portable phone chargers are good. If she goes on Holiday alot, get her a Kindle/Ebook thing and maybe a "power monkey" (basically a giant ass battery that's not too big you can charge on the go with. Cameras and phones stay charged on the go. It's got a shitton of adapters- so rather than bring an adapter on holiday, bring the power monkey and it will fit into the wall. Big enough to not get lost to boot).

Any other anons care to weigh in on the above?

is not on the Switch.

shameful.

HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA

no they aren't

Some D&D 5e books. Second hand, new, I care not.
Nothing unless they specifically ask. I can't read fucking minds, and my roommate plays Jewfinder

I'd say that money is… acceptable, but if you want to make sure they use it for something they'll actually enjoy rather than fritter it away on tiny purchases I'd say go with an Amazon card. Never been dissatisfied with an Amazon card, since that place sells fucking everything.

Only Holla Forums thing I could use is more RAM, but I don't really need it that much and it's fucking expensive.

No shit, WTF happened with RAM? For the longest time 16GB was $60-80, now it's over $120? Is this Bitcoin faggots fucking over Holla Forums again?

Both to be honest. I used to play the older pokemon games such as the yellow, red, and green versions but I could never find good emulators for heartgold or any decent new pokemon game for that matter.
I guess what I'm looking for is something with enough challenge and scenery for a peaceful playthrough. The pokemon games were really good with this, any other game that sort of simulates this?

Virtualization and smartphones are eating the entire world's supply.

In terms of the games, Sun & Moon looks comfy. It's a bit too easy however, and US/UM is out soon (I know you pirate, but the emulator or flashcard can't be far behind if it's not out already). The most comfy game with decent gameplay I'd say would be Platinum or Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Unless you just want to "win", then US/UM or Sun/Moon is better. Ask here for decent emulators.
Digimon World 1 and the new Digimon World are quite comfy. I think Digimon World 1's gameplay is better thanks to being slower (battles are slower, your partner grows slower, etc) but it's down to your personal taste, availability, etc. Cyber Sleuth's cyber world is very un-comfy (it's not the fantasy wonderland, it's cold cyber-space or the real world mixed with cyber-space 90% of the time). On top of that, any attacks that pierce are OP. (Being OP is fine if you want to just hit the win button, but the lack of a comfy environment means I can't recommend it)
There was a game on DS years ago called "Constellation Child" or something like that. An RPG where you pick a few of your class-mates at magic school and fight monsters. Looked comfy, never played it.
Dungeons of Dredmore is a fun rogue-like. No idea who gets the money since the studio died (if you do buy).
Torchlight 2 is a FANTASTIC rogue-like with some amazing mods. But trying to make the most of your adrenaline meter (keep killing) probably means its not relaxing. Again- the studio folded.
If you like retro RPGs- check out Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World. You can get both for super cheap (less than 2 britbong bucks IIRC).
Valkyria Chronicles is great with it's art style. If you're not fussed about getting A ranks, you can still beat it with a fair challenge. Getting A ranks often involves rushing however.

Terraria starts comfy… But quickly becomes a "real" game. There's no "peaceful" mode to just build stuff. I can't recommend it.
Red Faction Guerilla is nice to explore when you're not blowing up shit and fighting enemies. Staring up at the sky with the ambient soundtrack and sand-people howling in the distant is relaxing.
Astroneer looks kind of cool, if you like isolation comfy. And it's just relaxing to explore a planet and find stuff.
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes is a fun puzzle game. Online is dead and the most broken combo has already been found however.

I actually have less comfy games to recommend than I thought.

Runic studio got shut down by their chink overlords, who wanted to pursue gaymes as a service cancer.

Guess I could get two more 4GB sticks, I have four slots on my motherboard so I could have 4x4GB RAM. The cheapest 2x4GB I found is about $50.

The courage I need to ask a cute girl out

The worst she can say is no. If she said yes and didn't like you, you'd both be miserable.
Don't think of it like a job application you want or if they have the ice cream flavor you want. If they say no- you lose nothing.
It sounds cliche- but be confident. It doesn't matter if she says no. You'd just like them to be along.

Also pic related. The phrasing is a little off, but the actions it advises are spot on.

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CUNT! WAIT UNTIL GODDAMN DECEMBER FIRST. FUCKERS LIKE YOU MAKE ME WANT TO SHOOT SOMEWHERE UP!

My backlog is sufficient, my only hope is to watch EA die or at least get fatally wounded from battlefront nu debacle.
I'd hope that last jedi flops and takes Disney along but that won't happen.

Probably getting giftcards for people, you'll never know what they truly want like they themselves do.

Jesus Christ this thread is depressing.

People knew what they did by implanting heavy drinking in our culture.

That really should be expected for every thread on Holla Forums, honestly.