Unresolved cliffhangers in games

Remember when video games having cliffhangers was rare? Nearly every triple A game has a cliffhanger ending now.

*every shit game

It still hurts.

The question that matters is why are you still playing triple a games?

How the fuck did this furry shit get a cliffhanger ending?

These 3 would make such a great game, what happened to them

Also, when does this copyright thing expire so I can make a proper sequel

Literally fucking nothing happens throughout the entire game, you go into a mine, the mine collapses, you go into a pond inside the mine, you talk to some edgy demon and after a whole lot of nothing happens the game just ends without any explanation or obvious change.
No resolution to the mystery and they even have the gall to pull the whole "mystery chracter who knows more than they first show so people can theoryfag XD" bullshit.

because fascism doesn't exist anymore :^)

Who the fuck ask for a edgy swearing heavy sequel of a kids game?

but goyim it was nominated for three awards this coming game awards!

At the very end, the game gives you the option to tell everyone about the cult shit, and then immediately ends the game after you make the decision, so you don't see what the consequences are. The game is a poorly written piece of shit.

House of the dead overkill will never get a sequel because of how sexist it was according to game journalists

I think the better question is why are there people here who played it?

To be fair, I think that game used movie cliches on purpose. It's no surprise that it ended on such an obvious cliffhanger. I don't think they were ever planning on making a sequel.
G FOR GENOCIDE MUTHAFUCKA

Naughty Dog's PS1 and 2 games were the best things ever. How could they have fallen so far?

How much of the second game is actually in the hands of this guy?

People started saying that they were making the Citizen Kane(s) of gaming, and the shekels and false praise started rolling in.

But didn't that shitty Jak plane game come out after Daxter?

Michel is actually a very nice and passionate man aswell as a hard worker, sadly he's not given any ressources because he tends to go very wild and doesn't give two fucks about upper management, objectives, political comments or anything.
In short : not much, he'll just be a glorified mouthpiece à la Todd :^) I fear.

Yeah, I meant Daxter's good so I had hope for The Lost Frontier, but then it was different devs and ended up thoroughly meh, and fucked up a lot of the Jak formula by confusing it with the Ratchet formula. I like the Ratchet PSP games a lot, too, but the franchises play different, and the devs didn't appreciate that.

XIII was based on a French graphic novel of the same name. The game covers the story of the first 4 volumes (with there being 20 volumes in total). I can only assume the game didn't sell well enough to warrant a sequel or Ubisoft ran into licensing issues with the publisher of the graphic novel and so were unable to continue due to that. It would seem that Ubisoft has no intention of even trying to make a follow up, most of the time they pretend the game doesn't even exist and you can't even get new versions of the game legitimately anymore as it was recently taken down from GoG for unknown reasons. Its a shame really as I would have liked a follow up to XIII. Guess we'll just have to settle for reading the graphic novel.

That's Ubisoft for you.

I'm pretty sure one user fell for it, made a thread complaining loudly, then everyone tried it to see how bad it was and was still somehow burned by it.
I know from looking at the archives that at least 2 anons back in 2015 donated to this fag game's kikestarter. I wonder if they're still here.

Did Ubisoft make other games from that era, and then "conveniently" forget about them?

I mean, the more power he has over a game the better it generally becomes. Remember Rayman 2 and 3? Rayman 3 was great but not as good as the second one, and it had to do with him not being able to direct this stuff.

Ubisoft published/developed a host of games around the early 2000s it now likes to forget about. Its mostly licensed stuff like 'Sum of all fears' and 'Charlies Angels', or its instalments from franchises that would later go on to be -published by other companies, franchises such as The Elder Scrolls, Star Wars, Star Trek and even Naruto.

did someone say cliffhanger??

It's kind of comfy. And I pirate any game which Holla Forums complains about so I can get an informed opinion on it.

any game that ends in a cliff hanger is piece of shit, full stop. It's a literal middle finger to the player who played through it.

Yeah I'm looking at you Halflife 2.

After defeating the monstrous QTE, does captain titty ever get to fuck that random lady? Will he exterminatus himself and that bald sphess marine?

THIS WHOLE FUCKING GAME. SWERY BROKE MY HEART

Man, I loved that game so much, when everything was hiding behind waist high walls and regenerating health it was so refreshing to just run out with a fuckhuge warhammer and smash shit in the face.
It deserves a sequel. Captain Titus - Deathwatch.

trips confirm never ever ever ever

Talking about megaman, its also worth mentioning ZX advent.

Yeah I like it a lot despite the game being repetitive and short. Lots of potential, but that goes for everything I guess

I would have fought through the entire Droid Army to save you

Truly the most impactful Cliffhangers of our time.

Hell, no.

DON'T

He was fine.

at least those movies only set up for one potential sequel, SH Revelations set up three which thankfully never got made

Not really he's just replaying the movie

The Phantom Pain

Retconned the first game, put bordermemes-style shit cartoon filter on the visuals, deserves to be buried. Why this got the PC release but not the actually good game I'd like to know.
Nice joke.

It wasn't a good game in the first place.
Also
>the mummy without Brendan Fraser
More like "Tomb Raider as Nolan North"

Why the hell would you want a Ghosts sequel? Every decision the characters made in that game neared on absolutely retarded and none of them were memorable except for the freakin dog, even that's pushing it. Almost all the Ghosts were more violent sociopaths than the usual COD protagonist and their squad.

Let me see, Rogue Galaxy and Advent Rising. NEVER EVER gonna get a fitting end for both Space Adventure Opera games.

Does it hurt knowing all future beyond good and evil games will be diversity peddlers and only black protagonists?

so half life 1 is a piece of shit? cliff hangers aren't inherently bad unless nothing actually happens to move the story forward prior to it.

That's because DLC wasn't pushed, and games were published as finished products, rather than incomplete stories to sell future units.

lies