Singleplayer Strategy

What are some strategy games that have singleplayer focus or a strong single player campaign? be it 4X, Grand Strategy, HoMM style games or RTS.

I really liked the concept of AI War, you do have co-op, but the game is about taking on the titular AI while the difficulty ramps up on a timer until you win the game or get pounded to oblivion.
Starcraft and Red Alert 2 are two examples of singleplayer campaigns I enjoyed, RA2 even went the extra mile and gave you different maps based on how fast you completed the level.
Paradox stuff looks fun but holy shit that DLC
Aurora is a bit too much for my feeble brain, DF is more of a management sim.
And those are all I can think about off the top of my head. yes I know we have a grand strategy thread and a squad tactics thread already but this is a bit too broad for both of those

just like pirate the DLC
Aurora4x is just a scaled up DWU tbh.

Speaking of DWU go try that, its SP only 4x strategy.
Sword of the Stars is a very good 4x/RTS hybrid that works well in SP.
The Men of War games back to the first one have very elaborate, but assrapingly, punishingly hard campaigns. Not the Assault Squad ones, these are entirely multiplayer focused.
Stellaris is great for about 3 playthroughs until you realize theres barely any content beyond that.

Those are from the top of my head.

I am not familiar with the game you are talking about

Battle for Wesnoth

fuck I totally forgot about this one
lots of mods for it, people bitch about the RNG but It never fucked me over too much

He probably means Distant Worlds: Universe.

How about Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde?
Battalion Wars for the gamecube was pretty good too.

no, seriously, how do you make that work?

Ground Control.

World in Conflict ramps up the difficulty well and has some really nice gimmicks in its campaign.
Redpilled as all hell too

How has no one mentioned homeworld?

Its singleplayer is amazing with good story, lore and gameplay.

It should still be on sale on steam rn.

This, beating ground control 1 and 2 without cheats was very satisfying and often challenging. You can cheese with snipers in GC1, but eventually enemy deploys planes, some missions are timed and the cheese becomes shitty. Also original xcom is pretty good (play openxcom).

Whats your reason for disliking it?

The game is honestly amazing, I see no big problems with it.

Warzone 2100 also has a singleplayer campaign with some twists and turns. There's also the Dawn of War series for some variety in gameplay (going from 1 to 2) with some oddly hilarious ham on the voice acting. Just avoid the third one.

I never understood why nobody ever talks about it. It is such an amazing game.

it has no replayablility despite fucktons of content

If I recall correctly, remastered/HD version puts the first game in to the engine of the second one, which among some other things replaced all bullet physics and related stuff with RNG.
Also, by buying it you are giving money to gearbox.

How so? You have tons of game settings you can change for different experiences. Even if you play with the exact same settings every time, there's multiple end objectives to pursue that change how the game is played and the AI could simply react to you completely differently. Then there's the co-op, with every person bringing a whole new experience every time. It has one of the most replayable campaigns there is in RTS. How exactly could you even make it more replayable?

It also removed all fleet formations from the games.

99% of gameplay doesnt change across playthroughs
you still have 20 hours where shit is the same for every hour where shit isnt

Its not RNG, the first games system for bullets was retarded, Fighters would never get hit and everything bigger then a corvette was a bullet spounge.

Its more of a remastered of the second game while the first is reimagined more then remasterd, still The game is absalutly amazing and it seems to me like you are grasping at straws to hate on it.

Fleet formations have already been added back I believe

kill yourself, right now

Kek

The original Homeworld was fucking great.

Show me those Seraphs

do it

Kek

The main campaign to this is pretty good. It really conveys this strong feeling of having to sneak up on the enemy because you're up against a much larger foe. Every map is stacked against you and it's an uphill battle. It's also long as fuck, with the main downside being It becomes a fucking slog 3/4ths of the way through. After you barrel through a sea of undead that where in a walled off in a forbidden land with a dwarf army the game goes to shit.

do it right now

That isn't what I have experienced. Every single game has been completely different for me, from small quick games to huge long drawn out ordeals, having huge head-on conflicts with the galaxy under my control to being super sneaky with only a handful of planets to my name, everything going according to keikaku to being undone at every turn. There's three different ways to end the game that completely change how you have to play so that alone gives you a ton of replayability. How the fuck do you even manage to get the same experience every single time? Do you just use the same settings and strategy repeatedly? Did you just play it once and assume that's everything? I cannot understand. Saying it has no replayability is like saying Dwarf Fortress has no replayability.

Kek

Why is it you beta manlets always talk the same?
Repeating the same shitty insult over and over.

Just stop and accept the game it good

the core gameplay remains the same and the different units you get are just a minor modifier
you always fight off a giant zerg the same way, you always deep strike the same way, you always expand the same way

hurry up and kill yourself already

Visually it works but gameplay wise it's broken as swedish family unit in comparison to the first game.

So what you are saying is that the game has literally zero replayability because it doesn't completely swap genres every single time you play it? Of course the core gameplay will be the same because its the core gameplay. I signed up for large armies and nigh-impossible odds across a huge battlefield, not for it to suddenly be a magical girl management simulator or extreme banana racing RPG. Name one RTS where the core gameplay completely changes every single time you play it and is never ever the same thing twice. If AI War has no replayability, then no game has replayability.

there may be a fuckton of content but if the game is not enticing enough to play it all then its not enticing to play it all
lets reformulate the statement: AI War has exponentially more content than it has replayability
just because I can grind away for months in D2 doesnt mean I particularily feel like it
most people Ive played AI War with burned out after 6 matches at most because its just more of the same shit after that

XDDDDD

Panzer Corps. Prepare to get your shit kicked in on every map.

You know, replayability does not mean addiction. You don't have to feel compelled to play something until you have experienced absolutely everything in it for it to have replayability. I have played about 10 matches and have no intention of playing any more, but I know the next time I do it will be different from what I've experienced before. It is replayable because it will provide a new experience, not because I feel I have to replay it until I die.

Its not replayablility if the content is not interesting

The only remotely good thing done by 32chan

So then why are you even posting if you don't find the game interesting? Why not just say "its shit" and move on instead of trying to argue anything about it?

do your research

because you get butthurt about it obviously

Epic