CALM sniping in video games

you mark fucking nigger, why do you delete a video game recommendation topic? do we have to talk about shitty dev drama all the time? or does the word co m f y triggers you?

what games let me be a comfortable sniper? meaning no high-octane, adrenaline gameplay in CoD-like games. Just surveying the landscape, picking the best spot to kill a target, headshotting from 300 meters away, compensating for bullet drop, typical stuff a real-life sniper would do in real life.

Even better is there a game where you fuck the sniper?
Quiet made me want this.

Sniper elite 4, tripsman.

Planetside 2
You get a cloak too as well as some nice recon based tools to route enemies.

pic related is the best your gonna get.

just go jack off to sfm movies.

There should be a rule against recommendation threads.

You mean glorified balloon popping minigame? Thanks but no thanks. Unless you do it in VR with motion controllers, you're simply clicking your enemies to death.

Truly we live in terrible times.

Yeah I should be shitting up the board with posts with just a few replies in the thread so far
How so? Would you prefer LOL thread #37483928?

Yeah I should be getting them from the trusted fellows of reddit
Jesus guys you are really worse than cuckchan

Then go back to cuckchan would you?

how are the sniper elite games on general? they are the only sniper focused games I can think off.
Sniper ghost warrior kinda looks like a CoD game

arma

And so is every other shooter with hitscan weapons.

>>>/a/

It's not about hitscan, it's about having 4 out of 6 control axis auto-aimed.

SNIPERS WEAR DIAPERS

wot?

This, get a bigass persistent mission like operation lythium and run around sniping sand niggers so the kikes can keep making shitty cell phones like in real life.

You didn't even post the redneck mansion one where you can sit in the comfy as fuck attic for 10 minutes waiting for the wedding to start.

i think hes saying the z axis is not controlled by wind, distance, travel time, boolet go up then down, the weapon's angle is just straight ahead / isn't affected by retard hands, etc.

No I'm saying that you only control pitch and yaw, with roll and all 3 position axis auto-aimed for you to keep the gun straight.

Got to agree with you there. Threads about neat games that you should play are better than threads asking what game you should play. As much as I am somewhat stuck for game to play, I'm not going to make a shit thread like this hoping someone will spoonfeed me. That's for faggots. If a game is really that good it would get its own thread.

Quick, kill yourself.

that flash game where you play as a cute blond girl sniping targets while accounting for windage

To put it another way, you select the target that you want to hit using a mouse, and the gun will aim itself to hit that target.

Don't play casual games then faggot. Autists have made sniping in ARMA about as good as it will get in vidya, you need to calculate distance/windage/temperature and all that shit then set your scope correctly to match.

comfy wars now!

Nigger I'm talking about the way gun aiming works, not the way specific projectiles in the game work.

So am I. You don't set the distance and windage on the projectile, you set it on the scope, the actual object you aim with. I don't know what else you could want out of a video game short of a gun peripheral.

Go grab a laser beam, go out to your backyard, and with a short burst fraction of a second long, try to hit 1" target from 100'. Suddenly it ain't so fucking easy to land a hit on target just because your weapon is hitscan is it now?
That is what I originally said you dumbass. Unless you're using motion controls to aim the gun, you're playing glorified balloon popping minigame.

Why the fuck are you talking about hitscan and laser beams when we were talking about ARMA and sniping? ARMA uses projectiles. You're just deadset on autistically making your point known and not having a conversation, so why reply to me?

Except when you have to account for distance, elevation and windage that can change every second.
Are you fucking retarded?

So you're just fucking autistic?

Just countering a point that hitscan weapons somehow make it easier to aim. They aren't - the gun mechanics is. When all you need to do is to point the crosshair at your target, and the gun will automatically align itself to hit it, there is hardly any difference. Well, maybe to noguns who never fired as much as an airshit and think accounting for basic projectile ballistics is some hot shit skill.

The reason it's not a conversation because you're ignoring my point, you do not even address it, instead you reiterate your previous point as if doing so somehow proves anything.

Did you even play ARMA?

Yeah, like in real life you fucking retard. Making long range shots isnt difficulty because you need to steady yourself, thats why you get a good shooting position.
The real challenge is making the estimations correctly.
So you are a fucking retard.

Yes and as far as game mechanics go it's the same as literally every other shooter game except it has some degree of projectile ballistics enabled for everything, not just greanede launchers.

True but
Kek & Lel. There's a reason sniping capable people are a rare commodity, the reason is most people can't steady their body so that it doesn't fuck up long range aim.

Reported.

cool, a sniper thread, let's see how is it goin-

and the OP blew it with it's faggotry

The Sniper 2 on the ps2 features top of the line sniper action