Maplestory - SlimeTales

Where were you when the best Maplestory Private Server came out last month? /whohere/ ready for guild?

slimetales.net/?base=main

To play, install it.
Change your system locale to korean or download the emulator:

github.com/xupefei/Locale-Emulator/releases/tag/v2.2.1.0

and in the game folder, delete or move d3d8.dll.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.slimetales.net/index.php?threads/my-ban-appeal.541/
discord.gg/HyuazHV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not how you do it, newfriend.

Is the admin still a retarded leaf?

I'm in the mood for comfy, I'll check it out.

Anyone from the old guild here?

I'll probably pop in after I'm done with this rom hack. Won't grind like a madman though. Never trust a leaf admin.

Something tells me you will when you actually start playing.

Is it good?

It's the same garbage as last time around, no one join this if they value their time

Changing IPs? Are you new?

They wiped for NLC and it's worth it because the population is higher than ever.

It's ~100 people with a shitload of multiple accounts and will die off when people get bored again, then they will attempt another wipe to alleviate the population problem since no one joins any server unless for a few weeks for a wipe hence why you're here advertising for them for some reason. The actual server outside of the areas they implemented which are in every server by now and old as dirt and boring is literally the same exact thing. Vote2win mechanics, grinding lhc, bosses are useful, it's fucking boring.

*bosses are useless

Anyway, people are complaining about the same exact shit as they did pre-wipe which leads me to believe the admins haven't learned how to make a fun server. Avoid at all costs.

Nah, before the server would struggle to hit the 80-player mark. Now it's getting like 170+ players during peak hours, and they've implemented anti-afk farming measures.

Welcome to private servers

You won't find many (if any) preBB servers that have this area. On top of that, they have Neo-City, Gold Beach, Mushroom Kingdom and Chryse. That's already a fairly sizeable upgrade on the most populated server in Royals.

Who's complaining? Where? About what?

They allow multiple clients, that's why I said ~100, it's marginally up during peak pre-wipe because they wiped right after luckystory closed, don't expect these numbers in a month from now.
And in every private server they complain about it, everyone else does it is no excuse.
There's already a few forum topics up that might as well be copy pastes from the last wipe.

I'm supposed to play this because…why? What makes this better than shitty current MS?

You're not, MS isn't even a game and pre-bb is even worse because there's fucking nothing to do, by one hour into the tedious grind your nostalgia goggles begin to fog up, and only korean gooks and brazilian monkeys too poor to play anything else remain after that. The "gameplay" is the most potato tier garbage, you can slap your nutsack on a keyboard and be competent at MS, there's fucking nothing to do but holding down a key for hours on end and sitting around afk. I don't know how anyone is entertained by that.

go back to fucking your Korean ladyboys Suho

You forgot the most damning chat log of them all.

If you enjoyed Maplestory for what it used to be, give it a shot. Of course, you could also try MapleRoyals and MapleLegends, which are closer to vanilla, but once you hit late game, you'll see how boring it is.

Retards like don't understand the appeal of old Maplestory because they didn't play it.

What's the problem? With the population less than 20, and a lot of features they could add with a wipe, it's hardly a shock they chose to do so. With the population as high as it is now, it's fair to say it was worth the butthurt from the 2 players still playing.

Maplestory has madman tier grinding why would I risk that on an unproven server with what appears to be, no population?

A FUCKING LEAF

This game was shit, did it get shut down?

It does have a population though, and it's growing.

IGN is lolicatgirl, because I have absolutely no taste in video games.

My ign is Davinson.

With a population that small, how hard would it be to make a database of the characters before the wipe and restore them afterwards?

Silv here, anybody who goes back to playing this shit is a dirty cuck and deserves to be pegged in the ass by a korean boytoy.

I give it another month. Server was full of exploits and abuses that never got patched from before.

WYPE HYPE

This must hurt you.

Watch it drop in the next few weeks.

Maybe you can explain the appeal then beyond stupid buzzwords like 'comfy' because the gameplay is certainly fucking non-existent. And I played this game plenty.

Is that what you were saying last month? The population has only been going up since then.

This isn't even a discussion on the game, it's a blatant shill for a shitty private server. Fucking reported for advertising.

Given the owner's history, he's probably gonna wipe it soon. Stop being a faggot and at least move onto another server that's not ran by wipe-happy gooks.

WEEEW

Just stop playing maplestory its a shit mmorpg, pre-bb once you have drk, nl, bishop, and bm everybody's the same dps shit and party composition no longer matters. Post-bb there is no fucking party composition and everything might as well be the same shit anyway.

Speaking of which, is there any post-bb server that doesn't have cubes? Some of the jobs are neat but fuck cubes. Fuck everything about them.

They've already confirmed there won't be any more wipes, and with the population as consistent as its been for the last month, there's every reason to believe that will be a reality.

SlimeTales is on the rise while Legends is on the slide. There's big potential for a preBB server with postBB content and it's about to be filled.

The main reason they wiped was to get GMS content like NLC in, and it's absolutely worth it, even if it upset you.

Deja vu.

Just come back in the discord and play FFXIV with me instead

You need to learn how to be more forgiving.

I know deep down you still yearn to play.

WYPE HYPE?

kek

I'd rather play post-BB MS

Why would anyone yearn to play this? The staff are retarded and the main admin wiped 2 servers this year alone because he can't run servers for shit.

Every private server launches with that many players online. This same server reached those numbers back in May too. Once the nostalgia dies so will the server. Given Suho's history, expect a 3rd wipe.

When did this happen? I remember >pic related being posted in their discord.

I'd put my ball in her pit if you know what I mean.

see
Only a retard would forgive or trust someone who wiped 2 servers within a few months of each other, especially after lying to players saying he wouldn't. Hope you enjoy your 3 months of playtime before the next wipe.

Maybe if you're lucky they'll do a fresh start event for New Year's. :^)

The launch was 20 days ago though, and it's looking really good now.

wew sonny

Did you get any more reaction? Fucking bummed I missed that.

There won't be another wipe though. They know they can't afford to, and everything is going really well now.

Basically, the admins saw their population was really low and they couldn't improve the server with their current model, so they made the decision to wipe so they could implement NLC, Phantom Forest etc at the risk of upsetting the 5 people who stayed loyal.

Some people will hold grudges, but the reality is, it's looking like a good decision.

We have poster ids here y'know.

I know? I was making a general statement in the second post.

forum.slimetales.net/index.php?threads/my-ban-appeal.541/
The guy tricked a beggar into making a ban appeal for him thinking he would get some high level player's items. (Honestly surprised the beggar didn't get banned as the original guy for ban evasion.) The other ban appeals he made himself were funnier but were deleted by admins. Did anyone else save screencaps?

Learn to move on my son. The current SlimeTales is in great shape.

MapleGlobal for 1x experience rates and no vote to win. Unfortunately the guys in charge made it an extremely old version of Maple Story to where Orbis isn't even in the game yet.

It sure is chaim kim jong from hongcouver

Didn't this server come out a few months ago?

I actually recall playing it with other 8ch fags. I was actually close at getting #1 quest ranking ignoring that f/p is pure agony and everything was being made immune to poison but then all the other faggots fucked off to some other server.

Why start over now? If you wanted to keep playing, you should've done it back when the server was still new.

we've all quit playing ms entirely now pretty much
I remember you

What ever happened to DestinyMS? Those swedecucks still around?

10/10

Server has been slowly dying. It's mostly made of its core DPS autists and BRs.

Christ, how long ago was that?
didnt someone piss in the ball pit?

I've never played this game.
Will joining into this autistic server be a good experience, or the game it's really ruined and p2w bullshit? (besides the grindan, but thats expected of every korean game)

No. It's a shit server and a shit game don't bother wasting your time with it.

This:
Grind would be tolerable if there were any manner of depth in this game but there's not. You raise one stat, there's no fucking builds at all and every class uses one skill and a few buffs to endlessly grind without purpose for hundreds of hours. The "bossing" is comically bad, there's no pvp, no interesting lore or story and there's virtually no party play whatsoever. There is nothing appealing about this game whatsoever that's why whenever people ask what's good about it you get dumb meme nonsense like 'comfy' because not even the people who play this game can say anything good about it.

Yes, it's a great starting point by virtue of being stable and feature rich.

is upset because they decided to wipe when the server was dead. They needed to wipe to add add an essential feature to the server, or else they would've been lagging behind Royals for the rest of the server's life.

is missing the point of Maplestory in general. Almost certainly never actually played it preBB, and if he did, he was a friendless loner.

Nigga please.

Yeah, that's actually about right.
The game never did anything meaningful with its gameplay. The platforming mechanics around different shapes of terrain, environmental hazards, jumping enemies and such are nice, but they become completely irrelevant once you level up. It defeats the purpose of it being a platformer MMO. All the content released is just grindan, often in hallways with no platforming to speak of.
This especially. It's actually pretty terrible that initial release bosses, like Slime King and Mushmom, actually have more engagement than later bosses, like Zakum.
Jumping to avoid attacks? In my platformer MMO? We can't have that. Here's a boss that just hits the entire screen constantly instead so you can spam healing potions.

It's not worth playing beyond experiencing some comfy. Gameplay gets stale pretty fast. It just had more appeal back then since it was very polished for its time.

Explain.

It's a preBB server that's constantly adding postBB content. With Royals and Legends, they're locked in v62 preBB where grinding Skelegons is the entire endgame, Horntail is the strongest boss, and have a strict aversion to adding any further content (I think they both added the Toad boss though).

SlimeTales is interesting because it takes everything they have, but also adds postBB areas and bosses, while retaining the good preBB gameplay. You made this point:

One of the best things nuMaplestory did was bring a huge amount of variety to boss mechanics. Look up videos of Magnus and Gollux for example.

SlimeTales has Magnus in the boss data and they've summoned him in Henesys before, but isn't officially part of the game yet. The thing is, they have the scope to add him.

You keep saying this but it's not true, I know 90% of the posters in this thread who were in the 8ch guild pre-wipe, myself included. I was the first level 200 on this server. I'm just not blind to its faults and know the only reason people play this garbage is for nostalgia purposes because no one new plays maplestory anymore, especially not older versions of the game. I've played this game since GMS beta, I know what I'm talking about.

It did nothing with its roleplaying mechanics either, you never feel like you're meant to care about anything in this game and every single class and person you run into in this game is a clone of another separated only by how much real money they spent on virtual items and how much rng luck they had in scrolling, which official ms phased out in favor of making more money off retards. Every proceeding area beyond the first ones becomes more linear and more a place to pointlessly grind than a place to explore, the game doesn't promote doing anything beyond holding a button in a spot before moving on to do it again somewhere else.
Are you shilling /for free/? It's had the same one area(LHC) for months, if this is all it takes to claim a unique blend of postbb with prebb then that's pretty pathetic.
o i am laffin, postbb gameplay would actually be better than prebb were it not for the insane damage creep, at least they tried to introduce combos and use of more than one skill.
Any postbb boss they add will half to be drastically altered in mechanics to fit prebb, becoming just a shell that you stand and press one button until it dies, von leon is like this(I killed it on this server pre-wipe) because it would either cause bugs or be impossible to clear in prebb.

So you like to talk the talk and pretend your opinion is fact? Doesn't change the fact that you clearly missed the point.

Maplestory is, and always has been a social game. Of course nobody plays exclusively for the gameplay alone.

That being said, SlimeTales is currently the most promising private server. Obviously it hasn't incorporated the full extent of postBB areas yet, but it has added LHC, Gold Beach, Kerning Square, Chryse among others. If they did manage to add an area like Pantheon/Heliseum or Tynerum, something tells me you'd come crawling back.

Claiming it's a social game doesn't assuage its shit gameplay, friend especially since the game doesn't promote any socialization in the actual game itself, with most people eschewing partying for solo grinding because partying is often slower and the bosses being so mindless you can do them with pet autopot and buffing alt-tab. So, you have what? Guilds? Yeah, a chatroom that you can find anywhere. We're socializing now, what's the difference then? You're not doing a good job selling this server or game.

The simple gameplay is what complements the social qualities so well. You might say it's shit, but your brain disagrees, which is why you got to level 200 in the first place.

Chatrooms offer only chatting, more complex games require more thought. Maplestory is a nice blend, and anyone who yearns for the good old days would be hard pressed to find a better option than SlimeTales.

But it doesn't.
The game flat-out punishes you for grinding even close to other people, as the optimal way to grind is to clear a map on your own.

Not for bigger maps like Soul Teddies, or high monster HP maps like LHC. This is what sets SlimeTales apart from Royals, where endgame is paying a Bishop to leech you.

The game is shit, and you've spent (24) posts trying to defend this piece of shit server. Many of us reached 4th job in the old guild with a few getting 170+ and even 200. The only difference now is the addition of NLC, which most people just used for the potions. I guess you could train on HH and BF now, but there's LHC now for the same level range which you keep thinking is the magnum opus of this server. (LHC will never be properly implemented due to how preBB MS works. I gave their only programmer some suggestions regarding existing features to use as a workaround but got brushed off.) I've also told them how to fix some other exploits/abusable stuff we found and got ignored.

Hell, the developers and admins are so incompetent that they require you to fully re-install the 4.5G zip everytime a major update happens. They wouldn't even use 7z compression which easily cut down the zip archive size by another 1G. I offered them a patcher (and even source code) I put together in a couple hours that compressed the full 5.5G files down to 800KB. They didn't want it claiming it was unnecessary despite the players always complaining about having to redownload so much content every couple weeks.

No, the simple gameplay means most players just put their phone on the spacebar and watched a movie during grinding or boss runs. It's so simple most people weren't even playing to advance. It gets boring which is why most servers die within a couple months of release. There's no reward for skill or trying to play differently, just higher numbers.

It was fun playing with the guild, but I would have quit the server much sooner without it. This server had potential, but they never fixed the core issues. It was honestly one of the worst MS servers I've played. It doesn't help that the staff was incompetent, and the playerbase hated interracting with each other for gameplay or even bother to trade items at fair prices. Everyone wanted the most possible mesos for their stuff or wanted to buy stuff well below market value.

I remember you too. Too bad you left the chat. We still keep in contact.

I think you're just butthurt more than anything that you lost your data.

No server is perfect but what they're doing is still promising and better than the rest.

NLC is also a lot more important than you think. They're even releasing cwkpq soon.

No one here is butthurt we lost our characters, we quit several weeks before it wiped, which is why the population declined so drastically since our guild was half the population of the server for a while.

I actually haven't logged into that account until now. I think I left the chat just so people wouldn't get their hopes up and expect me to return outta nowhere.

I actually need a new game to lazily play. What are y'all playing these days?

Mishmash of different shit, I'm playing FFXIV, some others are playing grim dawn, and a few are playing warframe.

Then no need to get so aggro over this thread like many of you have been.

Also, it's worth noting that one of the GMs was just today lamenting how bad the first SlimeTales was, and how Season 2 is already a massive improvement.

That's not very difficult. SlimeTales had plenty of issues on launch. A lot of things weren't properly translated, plenty of quests were non-functional. Admins appeared to bend over for every decision bitched about, resulting in pointless shit like stat requirements being added to everything. There was even a sperging GM that went to cuckchan and defending his actions.

Installing right now. Let's do this.

Hardly. We quit more than a month before they wiped because we were bored of the game and fed up with the horrible community and incompetent staff.

I could say the same about the server pre-wipe. Their ideas and custom features sounded good on paper but in practice the server was an absolute clusterfuck. The staff had no idea what they wanted to do with the server. (I doubt this has changed.) A lot of items were restricted to a lottery system without any method of fairly obtaining them meaning a lv150 player could be missing important endgame gear that a lv50 could have gotten lucky and received all of them. They also kept changing major features without warning which fucked up leveling, progression, and the economy. (Actually, the server never had an economy due to how badly they messed with obtaining certain items. That, and the players were all greedy kikes.)
They initially didn't have secondary stats on items but then added them in without warning. I always make mages LUKless (as you should, LUK adds no damage) so I bought and scrolled mage armor thinking I was able to wear it on this server. When the stats were added back I asked for a refund on the items I used as I could no longer wear them. I was only offered AP resets as compensation even though I intended to stay LUKless. I couldn't even sell the items because very few people make LUK mages.

I'm aware it's important. (or at the very least popular) It was the most requested feature on the server. However, this doesn't fix a lot of core issues with the server itself.

countersage

Looks good. I'll check it out.

Root Abyss coming soon

Suho doing a live Q&A soon. Discussing the future of SlimeTales:

discord.gg/HyuazHV

>(((discord)))

Suho just finished the 2 hour Q&A.

How can one man be so based? Answered just about every question, even though he got like a never-ending avalanche of them, and he's fully committed to the cause now.

SlimeTales is saved.

I'll give it a look.

Problem?

(((discord))) is kike agitprop

What is Dragon Rider PQ?

Jesus fucking christ eat my shit, one of our anons literally gave them a client updater, fully functional.

None of that other shit will ever come out, they literally don't know how to code. Drawn's a fucking web developer, Suho comes in every once in a while fucks shit up releases it too early and then gets Drawn and Raiden to "fix it". Oh and Raiden only does .wz edits.

If that were the case, no progress would ever be made.

The server is already a lot better than the first time around, and is also more active than ever, which is hard to believe considering the wipe. Let's see what happens.

Jesus fuck man get a life, you sound like Suho's fucking master taking all of his donation money so you can keep railing your ladyboy cock into his asshole

Why is this thread still up when you've been caught red handed samefag shilling?

They already had that on the first server and abandoned it without giving a reason. You mean they're just going to bother using it again. I still doubt they're doing patching though, so this just means the long download times for those with shitty internet will still be an issue.

You forgot the part where I gave them source code for said patcher and told them they can do whatever they want with it. They still never used it. (I wasn't even doing this for myself. I get 100Mbps down. I was just trying to help those who complained about the downloads taking several hours.)

Don't play Maplestory. It'll give you a fetish for beating up cute monsters.

got more?

the dragon is hotter tbh
would you a bean?

That's the only Lucida pic I have. If you have more for the love of god at least link me

moar

Be warned, the artist is a futa faggot.

huh, there's on-model too apparently

at least post cute girls you faggots

Another day, another population rise in SlimeTales.

Dragon Rider PQ HYPE

This thread isn't about SlimeTales any more.

fuck you faggots I already fapped today

what do?

I was told this was a loli thread?

It's also worth noting they plan to remove the HP limit on Berserk when you reach a high enough level, making DKs incredibly powerful.

stop trying to derail the thread faggot, we're discussing porn
would you a jester?

Nigger half of that is not even loli, it's fucking toddlercon bullshit.

What is with you weebs, I swear. I can handle you guys having weird fetishes, but why do you always have to give it weeby japanese names like futa? Just call it footfaggotry like everyone else.

I laffed

I don't

even better!

I should probably help contribute.

I've never played MapleStory. Is it a furry game that attracts nostalgic sickfucks like Pokemon and Animal Crossing? It doesn't help the only person talking positively about the game appears to be the owner shilling his own fucking server.

At least this was mildly amusing.

Aside from the degnerates, is there anything good about MapleStory? I knew some people in high school who played it, but I wasn't very close with them.

No, people will spew buzzwords like "comfy" to describe why they play but it's really just nostalgia. Once that wears off you start to see the glaring issues the game has, whether pre-BB or post-BB.